Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Dec 24, 2017 1:06 AM
Jun 2017
The 'revelation' was a bit underwhelming but it could be because everyone knew it was coming. Wish they'd given Megumi and Mito's shokugeki more time.
Dec 24, 2017 4:02 AM
Mar 2015
Argh.. I can't wait for the second cour because of this ep.
Dec 24, 2017 7:01 AM

Aug 2014
nikki-chan92 said:
man_with_a_beard said:
am i the only one who found the reveal rather underwhelming??

No your not the only one, the entire season was really underwhelming and was held back by a serious lack of pacing which effected everything in a negative way. This episode in particular I hate how they randomly show central losing to the dorms with no build up, no tension, nothing its just a easy win and weak lead in for season 4. I really hope they fix the pacing issues in the next season.

Completely agree with you.

But i have to say they at least got the reactions right, LOL

5.5/10
Dec 24, 2017 1:17 PM

Nov 2012
Finally Erina knows (b^_^)b
Dec 24, 2017 1:44 PM

Sep 2014
Ah, so this is how it ends, not really happy how they changed it. Was hoping to at least see Erina's reaction to the reveal. Wonder if they'll leave that for 2nd cour start...
Hope Risa Taneda will be back for the 2nd cour, Kanemoto did a good job though!
Dec 25, 2017 4:06 PM

Jan 2012
Slow start but quickly picked up and excitement was already bursting . Season 4, come quick pleade

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Dec 25, 2017 5:14 PM

Jun 2013
It was okay. I feel like the show became pretty predictable halfway after Azami's return. It was better when the story was focused more on Soma aiming to become part of the elite council. Now it's more about Erina's daddy issues, Azami's dictatorship and other random characters. Well at least his authoritarian doesn't seem that bad since he's just trying to unite everyone under one cuisine instead of endlessly competing them in Shokugekis. But Soma's dream of becoming an elite is more or less pointless since all he will be busy with is Central. I still don't understand what's up with Nakiri family's obsession with Joichiro. Still I think the story did get a little interesting considering there wasn't much going before.
Dec 26, 2017 2:14 PM

May 2015
Erina got wet when she heard the news.

Also 7 for this season.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 27, 2017 3:47 AM

Nov 2014
I was wondering why they skipped this part halfway through the series and had a feeling they would pull this off as a cliffhanger
Dec 27, 2017 4:12 AM
Jan 2015
that was truly worthy of a season finale.

Loved it.

Until Spring boys and girls :D
Dec 28, 2017 12:13 AM

Oct 2013
I'm not sure if i like the 3rd season of Shokugeki no Souma. I appreciate if the author wanted to broaden the sotry lines, but i feel like Souma has lost his footings in this show, there are alot of new characters that outshining him. In the 2nd season he lost to Hayama and Kurokiba and he took the 3rd place made his inferior to those two, he haven't even took any revenge yet bunch of new characters showed up and now he lost to Tsukasa another new character, Souma is too mediocre to be the main character.

Don't get me wrong, i really enjoyed the series but it went downhill from the 8th episode.

Overall score 6/10, too much hype for this season for nothing at least for me

Dec 28, 2017 9:25 AM
Dec 2017
you MUST gotta check it out in manga what is going to happen, its amazing. I couldn't resist to wait a new season (as if). All the stuff going on at Hokkaido, the Totsuki new exams, new huge duels, the unfare policy, and brand new background about Jouchirou and others. Its unmissable, believe in me, run right now to check this out folks
Dec 30, 2017 6:29 PM

Feb 2014
Thank goodness Shokugeki redeemed himself from those episodes 6,7 and 8. They were very "wtf" with all those bought judges and the things that were happening.

Anyway, after watching episodes 9 and so on I can give this a 8 instead of 7.

Well, the pace is still being a problem after season 1. Sometimes it's well paced then sometimes it's very rushed. That's why season 1 is still the best season in my opinion.
TechOtakuDec 30, 2017 6:33 PM
Dec 31, 2017 9:43 AM

Feb 2017
ToshiroChan said:
In the 2nd season he lost to Hayama and Kurokiba and he took the 3rd place made his inferior to those two, he haven't even took any revenge yet bunch of new characters showed up and now he lost to Tsukasa another new character, Souma is too mediocre to be the main character.

He didn't lose to Kurokiba, they both lost to Hyama and both took the 2nd place.

And this season he lost to the number 1 chef of whole Totsuki while winning over another Elite 10 Member. Everyone in this school would've lost to Tsukasa.

How does that make him mediocore? He's most likely Top 3 of all first years (the other 2 being Erina and Hayama).

Also I don't wanna spoil stuff here, but if you want definite proof that Souma isn't just mediocore, read the manga.

When you swim in the sea and an eel bites your knee, that's a moray!
Jan 2, 2018 4:01 AM

May 2016
I made a rush of the second season, OVA and the third season.
I was rather satisfied, even though I was scorned that Souma loses many times (final second season and against the first elected).

But in total it is a 9/10 deserved

Someone say that in the final scene, the reactions could have been better, but I had a thrill, so I think it was a good twist, even if everyone expected it.
Jan 2, 2018 6:01 PM

Oct 2008
Oh look at that! Erina is so surprised to know that Saiba Junichirou is the father of Souma!
No one can beat 1st seat Tsukasa Eishi! Only Alumni of Totsuki including Shinomiya & dad of Souma can beat him! lolz!
5/5.
8/10.

Jan 2, 2018 11:30 PM

Jan 2013
Woooooow finally ending on the greatest reveal this anime had.
Respectable loss
Jan 4, 2018 8:00 AM

Mar 2012
5/10, the manga still far better.
JC Staff :/
Jan 4, 2018 6:14 PM

Sep 2011
Couldn't have asked for a better finale that would get you pumped for the 4th season!
Jan 4, 2018 8:06 PM
Jan 2016
i liked that ending, a nice cliffhanger to season 3? 4?

can't wait for april!
Jan 5, 2018 1:46 AM

Jul 2013
Yeah I should've have thought of that of course that cook off wasn't an official shokugeki and the first seat could've easily done what he just did even if Soma managed to win.

Cliffhanger of course I should have expected that as well. Damn why did they have to end this with 12 episodes and make another season instead of just making this 2-cour. Also yes that reveal was underwhelming and I don't even read the manga.
Jan 5, 2018 3:47 PM

Jan 2018
Good show, 08/10.
Jan 6, 2018 7:07 AM

Jan 2015
Man, that was so epic. I cannot wait until April for the next season!
Jan 8, 2018 3:28 PM

Oct 2015
I kinda expected Tsukasa to win the match, because it made sense as he is a first after all. I guess the writers are following the logic of events. Nakiri's father ain't that bad for me, I kinda liked him but at the same time hated him. I still don't like his daughter and won't like her, she made this season for me to not enjoy it that much ( because it was more focused on her). Her uppity persona really ticks me off and I doubt the story blaming everything on the father's fault will be able to redeem her for my liking.

For that reason I will give it a record 7/10. And I am still sceptical about the next season.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 9, 2018 2:21 AM
Nov 2014
This has got to be my favorite season so far. It had a lot of good plot twists and great story progression. Also the introductions of the rest of the elite ten and azami made the story much more interesting.

8/10
Jan 9, 2018 10:56 AM
Jan 13, 2018 8:12 PM
Jun 2016
shanimebib said:
I think the character that I liked the most in this season is Alice. No wonder why she is the fourth most popular character.

Alice has never been the fourth popular character in the series. The only two characters that came in at number four that I remember is Megumi and later on Souma. Alice has placed 6th and 7th before, but in the most recent poll she did come in 3rd behind Erina and Hisako.
Jan 13, 2018 10:27 PM

Nov 2007
Moonlitcritter said:
shanimebib said:
I think the character that I liked the most in this season is Alice. No wonder why she is the fourth most popular character.

Alice has never been the fourth popular character in the series. The only two characters that came in at number four that I remember is Megumi and later on Souma. Alice has placed 6th and 7th before, but in the most recent poll she did come in 3rd behind Erina and Hisako.

Oh! I don't read the manga so I don't know manga ranking if that's what you are referring to. I was talking about her current rank in MAL based on favourites (1.55K) behind Souma (9.29K), Erina (2.1K) and Megumi (1.75K). I should have been more specific.

But I am surprised Souma isn't in the Top 3 based on what you said, let alone top spot. And Hisako coming in second? That's even a bigger surprise!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 14, 2018 7:28 AM

Jan 2011
I really hope 12 eps is a mistake since they didn't even announce a next season. I just really need to know how this all ends.
Jan 14, 2018 5:01 PM
Jun 2016
shanimebib said:
Moonlitcritter said:

Oh! I don't read the manga so I don't know manga ranking if that's what you are referring to. I was talking about her current rank in MAL based on favourites (1.55K) behind Souma (9.29K), Erina (2.1K) and Megumi (1.75K). I should have been more specific.

But I am surprised Souma isn't in the Top 3 based on what you said, let alone top spot. And Hisako coming in second? That's even a bigger surprise!

Ohhhh so you were talking about MAL. Lol that makes sense now, sorry about that.
Yes, everyone was pretty surprised that Souma ranked so low since he's always been 1st. And there was a discussion rather or not his character became bland or something, lol. And no one was expecting Hisako to be so high up. Her and Alice are usually close in popularity, and are fan favorites. I think it's because of how their relationship with Erina is depicted in this arc is what got them higher up.
MoonlitcritterJan 14, 2018 5:07 PM
Jan 14, 2018 6:19 PM

Nov 2007
Moonlitcritter said:
shanimebib said:

Ohhhh so you were talking about MAL. Lol that makes sense now, sorry about that.
Yes, everyone was pretty surprised that Souma ranked so low since he's always been 1st. And there was a discussion rather or not his character became bland or something, lol. And no one was expecting Hisako to be so high up. Her and Alice are usually close in popularity, and are fan favorites. I think it's because of how their relationship with Erina is depicted in this arc is what got them higher up.

Well, that's not a good sign. One of the most important aspects for a good story is for the MCs keeping their rank at top. Well, Erina is an MC too but she shouldn't dictate popularity poll this much considering it is a story more about Souma than anyone else. Even her relationship with Alice and Hisako influenced their popularity as well from what it seems.

I am also keen to know what the author plans to do with Megumi in the future or whether he has any plans whatsoever at all. She looks more and more like a side character than one of the three MCs compared to the beginning. I cannot seem to see her as an MC at all.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 17, 2018 8:52 AM

May 2012
So they used the big reveal as a cliffhanger for the next season. A-1 shifting the scene around isn't too big of a deal, particularly for anime only viewers who had no idea it was coming.

I'd say this season had some ups and downs. The Moon Banquet Festival arc was great and quite refreshing imo - as someone who follows the manga and is a bit tired of the repetitive plate vs plate battles that have been going on for the last 40-50 chapters it was cool to see a battle for sales/attracting customers.

The arc ends with the intro of Azami and the next big challenge for Soma was the rigged shokugeki vs Eizan which I absolutely HATED. His already facing an E10 member why needlessly handicap Soma by using bought-out judges. If he was facing the Central fodder like the guy Ryo faced it would make more sense to rig the judges but with with the outcome being 3-0 it makes Eizan look like trash and Soma's victory turns out to be one of if not the biggest asspull in SnS. /endrant

Soma's win inspired some rebellion against Azami's administration with the feature battle being Ryo vs that rando fodder guy. Nothing particularly special but it was cool to see Ryo draw upon his experience at the Stagiare (my fav arc).

On the whole S3 (pt 1?) was solid bar the rigged shokugeki and if you're an Erina fan it's an excellent turning point for her character. Can't wait for the next installment! 8/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2018 11:16 PM
Jun 2016
shanimebib said:
Moonlitcritter said:

Well, that's not a good sign. One of the most important aspects for a good story is for the MCs keeping their rank at top. Well, Erina is an MC too but she shouldn't dictate popularity poll this much considering it is a story more about Souma than anyone else. Even her relationship with Alice and Hisako influenced their popularity as well from what it seems.

I am also keen to know what the author plans to do with Megumi in the future or whether he has any plans whatsoever at all. She looks more and more like a side character than one of the three MCs compared to the beginning. I cannot seem to see her as an MC at all.

Well Erina has always been in 2nd after Souma. It's only recently that she was able to beat him. But yeah you're right, he shouldn't have been so low. I guess he got some character development in recent chapters, so I expect him to at least make the top two. I remember Souma, Erina, Takumi and Megumi dominating the top 4, but everyone just moved lower save Erina.

Megumi will play the role she's always has, and that's mostly being the "support" type character to the mc. She does get her moments of spotlight and development in the current arc though. The author revealed a long time ago that Megumi will show her dark side in the future. I have no idea what that means, but fans still have yet to see that, so we're pretty much waiting to see that happen.
Jan 19, 2018 10:16 AM

May 2012
This season(or first cour of the season, anyway) was the weakest so far imo. It started off well with the festival, but ever since the introduction of Azami, things have felt really over the top and absurd, and that's in a series known for it's foodgasms. Eizan losing to Souma despite having bribed the judges was already far-fetched, made worse by the fact that Souma was insulting them the whole time. I'd still give it a 7/10 on the strength of the characters, but I'm really hoping the series returns to the semi-believable after this arc.
Jan 21, 2018 3:57 PM
May 2012
Erina's dad and Souma's dad, but where are their mothers?
Jan 22, 2018 1:22 PM
Jul 2018
Damn! I ended today the third season I was watching it with my cousin and we both agree that Erina's going to join her father after knowing that he is doing this for Joichiro. Can't wait for second half!!!
Jan 22, 2018 9:44 PM
Sep 2016
This season was very very predictable to say the very least.
And why does it have to have so few eps.

I mean just when you're about to get into a show, they end it.
This is not the concept of shounen and I hate that shounen is turning into short seasons.
Feb 1, 2018 7:43 AM

Sep 2012
Vi- said:
Thank goodness Shokugeki redeemed himself from those episodes 6,7 and 8. They were very "wtf" with all those bought judges and the things that were happening.

Well, the pace is still being a problem after season 1. Sometimes it's well paced then sometimes it's very rushed. That's why season 1 is still the best season in my opinion.

plot wist (answer to Souma's question) Erina & Souma are half sibling, hes dad had affair with Erina's mother (JOKE) lol

new author makes a joke & writes the story as my joke is lol

Tengai said:

my guess dead
Sugram22Feb 1, 2018 7:49 AM
Feb 1, 2018 8:27 PM

Mar 2012
Was thinking this was a rather lackluster ending until they finally decided to have the revelation about him being Jouichirou's son.

Unsure what to really think when compared to the other seasons, felt pretty rushed and the whole Azami introduction felt totally random and out of left field. It appeared as if they were kinda done with the old cast of antagonists by bringing out the new "elite rookies" of Central, but only really gave air time to one of them. This all probably went down way smoother in the manga, but from the anime standpoint...kinda felt like they bit off more than they can chew? I mean, in the closing minutes of this episode alone with stand still scenes, they kinda downplay those characters by jumping over their food wars, and having them all be defeated in shut out loses too.

Dunno, just felt like one huge rush job. At least Second Plate felt more of a coherent cour given it's focusing in on iirc 2 main arcs (i don't really remember, but i do remember the focus shadow job training was like 6 episodes of that 12 ep cour) This felt like it had upwards of 4 different mini arcs. It was still good, just obvious downwards of quality overall compared to before. I probably would be fuming over this though if there was no 2nd cour to Third Plate.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Feb 3, 2018 3:14 AM
May 2012
Sugram22 said:
Vi- said:

plot wist (answer to Souma's question) Erina & Souma are half sibling, hes dad had affair with Erina's mother (JOKE) lol

new author makes a joke & writes the story as my joke is lol

Tengai said:

my guess dead

Hopefully not dead :/
Feb 11, 2018 5:33 PM

Aug 2014
Still not able to beat season one. Some ok drama in this season, one nice shokugeki and art and ecchi same good as previous seasons isn't enough to keep me entertained.
Maybe manga is just not enough of a plot? There is a nice try to make Souma not win every fight, but then again letting him go by without consequences after lose is just totally lame. It also seems Souma didn't grow at all using his old techs in third season.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Feb 11, 2018 11:31 PM

Jan 2008
I can't say I completely care too much about Nikumi's and Megumi's shokugeki but it doesn't mean I wasn't disappointed when they basically rushed it. Not sure if it's that short too in the manga but I expected more because they were in the opening.

Seem's Erina's dad is just yandere for Soma's dad. "I'll ruin everyone that ruined him!"

But yea, overall, it was okay season. Was not a big fan of the moon festival transition into sudden chaos. Kuga's role basically ended without any mention and Soma's battle with Eizan was really lackluster. My biggest gripe with this season though, was the god awful visuals. Felt like I was watching some low quality animated show by Toei or A1. A ridiculously stupid amount of slideshow quality animation and so many god awful and derpy faces. Must have had had a huge change in staff or something cause my god.
Mar 1, 2018 5:44 AM

Mar 2015
Thoroughly enjoyed this season and can't wait for the fourth one next month!

10/10 for me!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 3, 2018 9:20 AM

Apr 2017
Still enjoyable, but honestly this was the weakest season so far for me, hopefully next season gets better, 7/10 from me.
cunnysseur
Mar 3, 2018 1:22 PM

Sep 2010
Enjoyed it a bit, wasn't overly too amazed like previous seasons.
Mar 20, 2018 7:55 AM
Mar 23, 2018 1:41 AM

May 2012
Oh man I knew I should have waited for season 4 to end before watching this one. What a cliffhanger. Maybe I'll just go back to the manga. Not sure if this season is better than 2 tho. Adaptation wise yeah... but entertainment wise, I don't think so.
Apr 5, 2018 12:18 AM

Mar 2009
Would have been an awesome ending if it weren't for the manga readers spoiling this moment since the first fucking episode of the series.

Overall, an okay half season of Soma, but I'm still not okay with the inclusion of Erina's dad. The series had a nice tone going for it the last couple of seasons, but they had to create a major conflict, introduce the main antagonist, or whatever...because shonen. Doesn't help that this guy looks like a vampire, or some kind of monster. Just completely out of place. For the entire season, he was pretty much one-note. However, the ending might have finally given him some character depth, if what he said about Soma's dad is true. We'll see how/if he develops in the next cour.

Erina was the big winner here. Show did a decent job of making her very sympathetic, and you can tell she was really warming up to all the characters of the Polar Star dorm. She was even more dere dere to Soma, instead of constantly showing her tsun tsun side to him. Curious to see how she'll react to him from now on, considering the secret is out. Perhaps all the Erina fanservice was a little tone-death, since a large part of this cour was about her being abused by her father. But...Erina's body is really banging. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, Rindou's great. She made a huge impression on me.
MormegilApr 5, 2018 12:22 AM
Jan 26, 2019 5:20 AM

Jun 2009
Whoever presents their food first loses. It is known.
Jun 4, 2019 1:47 PM

Feb 2013
Lol, I wasn't expecting that Souma's father was the reason for all this.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2017

129 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 22, 10:20 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2017

119 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 22, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2017

109 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 22, 1:59 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2017

152 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 22, 1:33 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2017

147 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 22, 1:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.