Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 10, 2020 11:20 AM

Aug 2019
I'm feeling super conflicted about this, tbh. The episode in and of itself was fine, not great but well done.

But as a sequel to inuyasha my alarm bells are ringing hard. There are the obvious questions - why are all three girls growing up without their parents, why don't they recognise each other and why don't Kohaku and Hisui know Moroha?
But there are other things, too, the timeline for example. Setsuna looks older than Hisui (or at least very similar in age) which means she and Towa would have been alive in the first flashback episode already which is just ??? And even if they weren't, that would pretty much definitely rule out Rin as the mother and make her some random human woman and I really don't know how I would feel about that regarding sesshomaru's character and his relationship with humans.

Also the reused story beats, the need to throw in as many old characters as possible when they don't really need to be there, without giving them significant development (except for the main cast of course because we need some mystery for the old fans to make them keep watching). And yes, you could argue Sota is an adult now with a kid but does that count? Of course he would be older, that's only natural. But he doesn't do much, we don't see him interact with his daughter, we don't see his wife, we don't know anything about his life other than "he is older and has a kid now".
And somehow Kaede and the grandfather are still around without having changed at all, what's that about?

Idk, I really want to like this but I think if I want to enjoy it I have to stop viewing it as an inuyasha sequel because to me it holds up way better on its own than as a sequel.
Oct 10, 2020 11:29 AM
Oct 2020
electricgaze said:

The five thugs are a clear reference and tribute to Takahashi's Uruseiyatsura: Ataru Moroboshi, Megane, Perma, Kakugari and Chibi.

There were six of them.

Green jacket guy with sunglasses was Moroboshi? Gang leader was Tatewaki Kuno from Ranma 1/2? The rest were easily recognised as Lum's Stormtroopers.

Was the teacher the dead husband from Maison Ikkoku?
Oct 10, 2020 1:47 PM

Apr 2018
I was under the impression that Towa and Setsuna was Inuyasha and Kagome's children like surely the main protagonist would be their children right? I was so frustrated when Towa met Sota and not realize who he is nor why Towa not know who she is. It all makes sense now! Since the twins are actually children of Sesshomaru.
Oct 10, 2020 2:53 PM

Aug 2013
Gorochu said:
Does anyone know if Rumiko Takahashi is involved in the story telling?

Starting to wonder the same thing
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 10, 2020 5:12 PM
Feb 2008
Feels odd that moroha and setsuna doesn't know each other... Feels even more odd that the daughter's of sesshy would be sleeping in the woods all alone, like peasants...

TasseKaffee said:
I'm feeling super conflicted about this, tbh. The episode in and of itself was fine, not great but well done.

But as a sequel to inuyasha my alarm bells are ringing hard. There are the obvious questions - why are all three girls growing up without their parents, why don't they recognise each other and why don't Kohaku and Hisui know Moroha?
But there are other things, too, the timeline for example. Setsuna looks older than Hisui (or at least very similar in age) which means she and Towa would have been alive in the first flashback episode already which is just ??? And even if they weren't, that would pretty much definitely rule out Rin as the mother and make her some random human woman and I really don't know how I would feel about that regarding sesshomaru's character and his relationship with humans.

Also the reused story beats, the need to throw in as many old characters as possible when they don't really need to be there, without giving them significant development (except for the main cast of course because we need some mystery for the old fans to make them keep watching). And yes, you could argue Sota is an adult now with a kid but does that count? Of course he would be older, that's only natural. But he doesn't do much, we don't see him interact with his daughter, we don't see his wife, we don't know anything about his life other than "he is older and has a kid now".
And somehow Kaede and the grandfather are still around without having changed at all, what's that about?

Idk, I really want to like this but I think if I want to enjoy it I have to stop viewing it as an inuyasha sequel because to me it holds up way better on its own than as a sequel.

Exactly how i felt, felt like something different, but in the same world... not our beloved charecters children...
kazuma-samaOct 10, 2020 5:21 PM
Oct 10, 2020 5:22 PM

Jun 2017
Ayy so we are getting raindbow shikon jewels now. What if those are the missing parents? xD

We know putting stuff in eyes originated from the grandpa demon general so that aspect is most likely deliberate.

I also think there was serious stuff going on before the fire, Sesshoumaru is cold and all but he never let Rin live in shit conditions so that should apply to his daugthers too.

Something is also going on with memory manipulation, I doubt Inuyasha and Kagome would leave their kid unless they literally forgot about her. (so it might be that they are alive and well but are randomly killing demons on the other side of the continent...)

kageromero said:
Everyone is here wondering where the original cast went, while I'm here wondering how Kaede is still alive, and how Souta somehow managed to get himself a wife and have a daughter. Cant imagine having a daughter whose origin and strength you can't explain makes getting a girlfriend easy...Guess the iron reaver soul stealer isn't the only thing he learned from Inuyasha

In the original there was a filler where Souta got a girlfriend and his daugther looks kinda similar, they must have made that canon lol.
Oct 10, 2020 5:27 PM
Jun 2011
justtvalerie said:
I have so many questions.
How come Setsuna and Moroha don't know each other if they're cousins? Why did they grow up separately? How come Kohaku doesn't know InuKag's daughter? Where the hell are all the parents? Trapped in a separate dimension maybe? What are those jewels and how/when were they created? Did the parents put them in their eyes like Inuyasha's dad did with his or were they born with them like Kagome was with the Shikon?
God, I hope Kagome is alive, it will kill me if she's dead.

On a different note, it made me very emotional to see Sota as a grown-up :') And gotta love the fact that the cat, the grandfather and Kaede are all still alive, even though it's been like twenty years since Kagome left to live in the past.
i think the lost memories connected somehow to the dream butterfly.
Oct 10, 2020 7:21 PM
Jul 2018
So Kagome's younger brother (Sota) finally grew up. He has his own family now.
Oct 10, 2020 8:35 PM

Jun 2019
z00nex said:
I didn’t get how Moroha is a half demon, isn’t she a child of half demon and a human?

Yes (as far as we know, anyway), but in this series, and by that I mean mainly the original Inuyasha series - it was never so specific and scientific as to refer to people of mixed demonic and human blood by more exact percentages or fractions like "quarter demon" or "one-eighth demon" or such. A hanyou, or half-demon or half-youkai, is just someone with a mixture of human and demonic blood and ancestry. The amounts aren't really specified. The usage of "half-demon" may be more broad than that as a catch-all term for anyone of mixed lineage and not intended to be taken so literally as physically exactly 50%.
Oct 10, 2020 8:44 PM

Apr 2015
Haha I'm already loving the trio girls, they all definitely resemble their parents in some way or another. Especially Moroha, she's cute. Not sure how I'm feeling about the story itself though, the whole thing with the delinquents and hostage was kind of annoying. Ah well, hope they won't appear again.

Excited to see Souta, Kohaku, and Hisui making their appearance, interesting how neither Kohaku or Hisui seem to recognize Moroha or Setsuna though. I guess there's a whole memory-loss plot at play here. Why did the pearls just go directly to the centipede monster though? That's awfully inconvenient.

And my biggest burning question: how the hell are Kaede, Kagome's grandfather, and the cat all still alive?? Seriously wtf xDD

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Oct 10, 2020 8:47 PM
Nov 2015
OH NO

WHAT have you done Hime ?

You unleash the demon to modern world !!!!!
Oct 10, 2020 9:46 PM

Nov 2018
I'm excited that Kagome's family will get to meet her daughter!

Oct 11, 2020 3:02 AM

Jul 2016
Stranger_Hanyo said:
This is what happens when you don't have a manga for the source material. They have already started borrowing old elements(the centipede demon) from Inuyasha. I don't have high hopes for this show. Sigh.

Same here, compared this to the previous episode which was adapted from the manga (Well, not entirely but almost same as the manga), you can clearly tell the difference in story writing's quality between both episodes were lol.

Yeah, I don't have a high expectation for this anime as well especially after I watched this episode. I already have a mixed feeling the moment when I read the new MC's profiles saying that they don't remember anything about their parents. If not because the first episode is adapted from the manga I don't think I would even bother myself to follows the series lol.
MahiaErebeaNegiOct 11, 2020 3:19 AM
Oct 11, 2020 3:17 AM
Oct 2020
https://mobile.twitter.com/hanyo_yashahime/status/1315215565275893760

I thought the centipede is just random, but it is the granddaughter.
even the enemy is the next generation.
lol.
Oct 11, 2020 4:43 AM

Feb 2008
Maesstrom said:
I think i've seen that gang somewhere before

Some of them looks like the Lum stormtroopers.
Oct 11, 2020 6:58 AM

Sep 2016
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Stranger_Hanyo said:
This is what happens when you don't have a manga for the source material. They have already started borrowing old elements(the centipede demon) from Inuyasha. I don't have high hopes for this show. Sigh.

Same here, compared this to the previous episode which was adapted from the manga (Well, not entirely but almost same as the manga), you can clearly tell the difference in story writing's quality between both episodes were lol.

Yeah, I don't have a high expectation for this anime as well especially after I watched this episode. I already have a mixed feeling the moment when I read the new MC's profiles saying that they don't remember anything about their parents. If not because the first episode is adapted from the manga I don't think I would even bother myself to follows the series lol.

Same, I'm just watching the series hoping for my OG gang to return. Looks like they're trying to milk the Inuyasha fanbase.
Oct 11, 2020 7:37 AM
Feb 2018
Sota is not longer a boy now, he is papa
Oct 11, 2020 8:52 AM

Feb 2010
woah after 10 years... still continues
Oct 11, 2020 10:21 AM

Jun 2019
I have to say I wasn't particularly impressed with some of the storytelling beats in this episode - specifically how the Mistress Centipede youkai or a descendant is reused as the catalyst for events (it's just episode two this time versus episode one last time since this series' episode one was more of a prologue finishing the manga adaptation), how Grandpa Higurashi and Kaede are still alive without either visible signs of aging or any sufficient reference or explanation (haven't around 20 years passed since the end of The Final Act and the first episode's flashback scenes?), or the underdevelopment of Sota - but especially on that last point it's still early days.

I do fancy the idea of Towa, Moroha, and Setsuna all living at the Higurashi family shrine with Sota and his wife and biological daughter, as well as Grandpa and Sota and Kagome's mother. I just hope there are some really more fleshed out and emotionally poignant and interesting interactions and moments between them over time, and that Sota will figure out Moroha is Kagome's daughter and his niece unless he's been memory-wiped by magic or something.
Oct 11, 2020 10:33 AM

Apr 2012
I don't really like the idea of Miroku's son and Inuyasha's daughter being enemies, I've always imagined them growing up like siblings, I hope we will get an explanation of what happened here. The Sota part was suprising but I'm okay with it. Also it's funny becasue now Towa and Moroha are cousins from both the Inuyasha-Sesshomaru and the Higurashi side too.
OokamiRisuOct 11, 2020 10:41 AM
Oct 11, 2020 1:28 PM
Jul 2018
Hisui and Setsuna seem to have the same age, but the first should look older than the last. This could be valid if we considerate Setsuna as child of Sesshomaru and (adult) Rin, cause when Hisui was born Rin was just a child... Unless Rin became pregnant when still child, which is very weird and nothing cool! There are minor but important details without any logic here.

By the way, where the hell are Inuyasha, Kagome, Sesshomaru, Rin, Sango and Miroku???????????
Oct 11, 2020 2:20 PM

Apr 2018
Hmmm, the rainbow pearls are like the Shikon Jewels in a way they power up demons if they are eaten or into the wrong hands. Solid 2nd ep and we get to see Towa reunited with Setsuna after the portal is reopened to both worlds.
Oct 11, 2020 2:21 PM
Oct 2014
I am sad that they don't know who their parents are. That means this whole series we are either never going to find out or the whole series will be about finding out what happened to them. Are they dead? WTF. She doesn't know her parents are Inuyasha and kagome. Damnit man. This is not what I wanted.
Oct 11, 2020 2:24 PM
Oct 2014
BenRyan said:
I'm excited that Kagome's family will get to meet her daughter!

Yea but will they figure out that that is Kagome's daughter? She doesn't even know Kagome and Inuyasha are her parents.
Oct 11, 2020 3:06 PM
Aug 2018
Hmm this episode kinda makes me worried. It's because Kohaku clearly doesn't recognise Beniyasha as Kagome and Inuyasha's daughter (she probably is) and the fact that Beniyasha is living on her own wild way clearly means that Kagome isn't around with her and that makes me more worried. I hope the original cast is alive and well.

As for Sesshomaru's daughters , I guess he ended up with Rin at some point. I don't see anyone else ending up with Sesshomaru other than Rin (things might've been different if Kagura was alive).
Oct 11, 2020 3:48 PM

Apr 2013
This anime is making me more concerned about the whereabouts of Inuyasha, Kagome, Rin, Sesshoumaru, Sango, Miroku than any other character.

.·:*¨ 𝕾𝖊𝖙 𝕸𝖊 𝕱𝖗𝖊𝖊 - 𝕵𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖈𝖆 𝕵𝖚𝖓𝖌 ¨*:·. 𓆩♡𓆪
𝟬:𝟱𝟱 ㅇ──────────────── 𝟯:𝟮𝟲
↺¹ |◁ ▷| ⋮≡
Oct 11, 2020 5:46 PM

May 2019
Well, nothing better for a continuation of a series that had a happy ending than... already make it clear that that happy ending did not last long.

Kagome and Inu, or Sessho and Rin, none had the right of raise their kids in peace as a happy family.

Okay. That is what your series gain when it have a money-grab continuation not made by the original author.

And Kohaku acting as he can't know that Beniyasha, BeniYASHA, is Kagome/InuYASHA's kid, it is so ridiculous and probably will be a huge plot hole.

Btw, Towa is Lesbian or Gender mentally male. I'm surprised with Japan adding it to a series in a not sexualized way.
Rob7Oct 11, 2020 5:49 PM
Oct 11, 2020 7:06 PM

Apr 2015
Yeah it is so weird that nobody knows who moroha is. The only thing that make sense is if there is some kind of memory alteration or alternate reality...

Try reading Spy x Family Manga ^_^
U will love it, i promise...
Oct 11, 2020 7:10 PM
Oct 2020
when the story is clearly about "three young women travel between the two eras on an adventure to regain their missing past" and people still complain about the OG.

yare yare, aho ya naa.
Takao_Bl00driverOct 11, 2020 7:41 PM
Oct 11, 2020 7:20 PM

Dec 2019
I legit do not have a clue what happened to their parents or WHO the mother is and where they are. Driving me a bit crazy because I need to know.
That being said, I love all the three girls (I knew I would). Was really cool seeing some characters again make an appearance from the original series. Did something happen to Kagome I wonder? Very strange...
Oct 11, 2020 9:14 PM
Oct 2017
I don't see why some people are hating on this episode. Sure, the girls don't remember their parents, but why that makes the anime bad? If they pull a explanation from their asses, sure. But otherwise, I'm curious to see why and to see what happened to the old cast. Not everything need to be happy endings.

The centipede was clearly a throwback to the original. As long as they don't keep reusing Yokais, I don't mind having those throwbacks every once in a while. It was a enjoyable episode with some interesting topics, it surely captures the original Inuyasha's vibe.

The MC being a girl who "dresses like a male", while not anything super original, is a interesting aspect to explore, even if for a little bit. A lot of polemic topics when you think about it. Besides, nice to see a anime with no fan service for once. Well, not the pervert kind of fan service at least. Looking forward to it.
Oct 12, 2020 1:32 AM
Apr 2020
Do i have to watch Inuyasha or can I watch this as a stand-alone?
Oct 12, 2020 2:42 AM
Apr 2020
Those damn thugs, weaklings that's why they're playing dirty against a 14-year-old. lmao. And it's good that Towa didn't one hit the centipede lady coz that will make it boring.

But, where are their parents?! Where are Inuyasha & Kagome and Sesshomaru & the twins' mother?! Why are they letting their children wander without their supervision? Wanna know what happened!

Ao_SkyOct 12, 2020 2:51 AM
Oct 12, 2020 4:07 AM

Aug 2019
st3pn said:
Do i have to watch Inuyasha or can I watch this as a stand-alone?

Well, this is a direct sequel but at the moment i'd probably recommend watching it as a stand-alone if you have the chance. As you see in this discussion, knowing the original mainly seems to come hand in hand with a lot of confusion and frustration and it's hard to focus on the new cast and story completely, without worrying about the original and the implications.

So I'd say give it a go watching it as a stand-alone. At least until now it doesn't seem to incorporate many elements from the OG series that aren't explained again here. (Except maybe for the first episode which is full of characters you're supposed to know but they're now nowhere to be found.) You can always go back and watch the original if it gets too confusing but for now you should be fine like this.
Oct 12, 2020 5:34 AM
Nov 2007
I'm surprised anyone could think that Kagome is not alive. Takahashi Rumiko would never allow the creators to kill off her main character without any original manga material. Not sure how much is she involved with this series besides creating the design for the three girls, but they would need her permission for any major changes to her original characters, that's for sure. As someone mentioned, they are probably sealed off somewhere. Although it seems Inuyasha and Sesshomaru will later (briefly?) appear in the series, but Kagome, Sango and Miroku might not be rescued until the last moments in the series. In the main poster, we can only see Inuyasha's back and Sesshomaru's profile from the old gang, so that surely hints about their minor appereance in the series.
Oct 12, 2020 4:52 PM
Feb 2020
I'm going to stick around as this is part of the story, but not really interested
Oct 13, 2020 2:17 AM

Jul 2010
The Brazilian series turns out - I have to figure out who is the mother of whom, came... I have a question, why is Setsuna so similar to Sango? Or did Rin grow up so much like Sango? The problem is that I don't see any parents in twins who are assigned to us by default for them. With Moroha , the opposite is true - she is hypertrophied like her parents, they can be seen in features, details, and in general. Well, what an imbalance in general... About the fact that cousins do not know each other's faces, and that Sango's son does not know them either, drives them into a stupor. Sango's children should know about these three a priori, as if their parents are friends... And Yes, I don't understand why Kaede is alive, either. Apparently,she drinks the elixir of eternal life.
The episode leaves a lot of inconsistencies, but generally cheerful and not boring.
May be some anime?
Oct 13, 2020 4:29 AM

Jan 2020
After loving the nostalgic 1st episode, the 2nd one gave me bad "Boruto" feelings and I'm scared. The idea is ok and looks interesting, but I feel it's rushed and more "modernly childish / crystal generation friendly" than I hoped it would (not) be. Some things were left unexplained, like Sota instantly finding out what Towa was, how did he knew?
That centipede-like demon again? Probably is not the same one, at least I hope so.
Wtf with the sudden tree-demon summoning a portal without even appearing? I'm really hoping this will have a very good explanation and development later because with what I've seen so far, this kinda looks like the type of Shounen Nekketsu anime that focuses in creating an "epic" story out of nowhere instead of developing it properly, just like Katekyo Hitman Reborn or Bleach's power ups.
I refuse to believe that Rumiko Takahashi wants a story like that, so I'll just assume that Sunrise was lacking out of budget and unfortunately had to rush the first episodes, but the rest of the series will use the plot's potential very good. I'll beg for that because the last thing I want is another childish bullshit like Boruto and I have great hopes for Hanyou no Yashahime.
Oct 13, 2020 7:44 AM
Oct 2020
I know I'm late to the discussion, but I just created an account to try to clear up what appears to be a lot of confusion here in my view.

1. Towa & Setsuna were likely never living (alone) in a forest, and Towa's memory is altered. The fact that Towa was sent through time confirms that they were near the Sacred Tree/Tree of Ages, which is right outside Kaede's Village. It's likely Towa's memory of her parents was erased, and by being sent into the future she was spared her memory of her sister before that was erased too. Meanwhile Setsuna lost all her memories as she was stuck in the past (she'll likely have the exact same memories of living in the forest, just by herself, or with some sort of pet replacing Towa).

2. Memory loss probably only affected those in the past, and likely only those in/near Kaede's Village. We know from the end of the Final Act that Kohaku doesn't live with Miroku & Sango (or likely not in the village at all) as he told Tottosai that their house was too crowded. He was probably busy rebuilding the Slayer's Village, checked in on Kaede's Village once he learned it'd been attacked, and took in Hisui & Setsuna (who would have lost their memories, but Kohaku probably raised Hisui with the knowledge that he was his uncle).

3. Expanding on point 2, if Kohaku never found Moroha (for whatever reason), it stands to reason that Setsuna & Hisui wouldn't know her (and vice versa), as their memories from their time in Kaede's Village are gone. Likewise, even if he knew of her, it's been 10 years since Kohaku would have seen Moroha and of course wouldn't recognize her on the spot (he'll likely figure it out now that he's seen her use sacred arrows).

4. Again expanding on point 2, Sota's memories (and likely those of the entire Higurashi clan) were likely spared as they are in the future. He probably picked up on that Towa was from the past because of her hair color (and clothes). InuYasha has always been pretty grounded when it comes to human designs, and the fact she has silver/white hair (with a red streak) would be a dead giveaway that she's supernatural, as there's not exactly a lot of demons walking around in modern Japan.

5. As mentioned in the post above mine, there is no "random tree demon". It is the Sacred Tree/Tree of Ages possessed by Root Head from episode 1 (he was awakened by proximity to the Rainbow Pearls, which have been confirmed to increase demonic power).

6. The core OG cast is probably running around Japan without their memories (since they were in the village at the time of "the incident") or trapped inside of the Rainbow Pearls. It's highly unlikely that they're dead or purposefully bad parents.

Really, my only problems with the episode are the delinquents holding the Higurashi family hostage (it's such a stark contrast to how safe & normal the modern era was presented in the OG series as a contrast to the cruel world of the feudal era, and seemed a bit over the top for a series that's usually pretty grounded when it comes to real elements), though I'll give it a pass for them apparently being references to past works, and the fact that Mohora split one arrow into a dozen, which seemed a bit sillier that what we usually seen in the OG series when it comes to serious attacks (it would have been a thematically better fit for the one arrow to simply splinter into a rain of smaller fragments, which would have had the same effect, IMO).
RR529Oct 13, 2020 7:55 AM
Oct 13, 2020 10:24 AM

Jun 2009
I don't really like the sacred pearls thing, it's the shikon jewel 2.0. Moroha is my favorite.
Also, I understand Towa and Setsuna got separated but how about Moroha? She grew up without her parents. What happened to Kagome and Inuyasha to not find their daughter for like 10-14 years. What the hell?
Oct 13, 2020 12:14 PM

Aug 2012
A feminist garbage episode that shits all over the Inuyasha lore, from lady centipede eating the shikon no tama to the pearls that can link places to sacred arrows from Moroha to Sota divorced dad, to YuYu Hakusho characters ans Urusey Yatsura, to how the tree of ages works to the four demon gods from movie fire on tge mystic Island. Everything is forced and jumbled together by someone who did not understand the series and wants just to preach LGBT... Whatever agenda
DedPanda said:
Gorochu said:
Does anyone know if Rumiko Takahashi is involved in the story telling?

Starting to wonder the same thing
She had 0 involment in tge story thst shits all over her legacy. Sge just helped design tge image of cgaracters
nightcrawlercypOct 13, 2020 12:20 PM
Oct 13, 2020 12:32 PM
Sep 2020
RR529 said:
I know I'm late to the discussion, but I just created an account to try to clear up what appears to be a lot of confusion here in my view.

1. Towa & Setsuna were likely never living (alone) in a forest, and Towa's memory is altered. The fact that Towa was sent through time confirms that they were near the Sacred Tree/Tree of Ages, which is right outside Kaede's Village. It's likely Towa's memory of her parents was erased, and by being sent into the future she was spared her memory of her sister before that was erased too. Meanwhile Setsuna lost all her memories as she was stuck in the past (she'll likely have the exact same memories of living in the forest, just by herself, or with some sort of pet replacing Towa).

2. Memory loss probably only affected those in the past, and likely only those in/near Kaede's Village. We know from the end of the Final Act that Kohaku doesn't live with Miroku & Sango (or likely not in the village at all) as he told Tottosai that their house was too crowded. He was probably busy rebuilding the Slayer's Village, checked in on Kaede's Village once he learned it'd been attacked, and took in Hisui & Setsuna (who would have lost their memories, but Kohaku probably raised Hisui with the knowledge that he was his uncle).

3. Expanding on point 2, if Kohaku never found Moroha (for whatever reason), it stands to reason that Setsuna & Hisui wouldn't know her (and vice versa), as their memories from their time in Kaede's Village are gone. Likewise, even if he knew of her, it's been 10 years since Kohaku would have seen Moroha and of course wouldn't recognize her on the spot (he'll likely figure it out now that he's seen her use sacred arrows).

4. Again expanding on point 2, Sota's memories (and likely those of the entire Higurashi clan) were likely spared as they are in the future. He probably picked up on that Towa was from the past because of her hair color (and clothes). InuYasha has always been pretty grounded when it comes to human designs, and the fact she has silver/white hair (with a red streak) would be a dead giveaway that she's supernatural, as there's not exactly a lot of demons walking around in modern Japan.

5. As mentioned in the post above mine, there is no "random tree demon". It is the Sacred Tree/Tree of Ages possessed by Root Head from episode 1 (he was awakened by proximity to the Rainbow Pearls, which have been confirmed to increase demonic power).

6. The core OG cast is probably running around Japan without their memories (since they were in the village at the time of "the incident") or trapped inside of the Rainbow Pearls. It's highly unlikely that they're dead or purposefully bad parents.

Really, my only problems with the episode are the delinquents holding the Higurashi family hostage (it's such a stark contrast to how safe & normal the modern era was presented in the OG series as a contrast to the cruel world of the feudal era, and seemed a bit over the top for a series that's usually pretty grounded when it comes to real elements), though I'll give it a pass for them apparently being references to past works, and the fact that Mohora split one arrow into a dozen, which seemed a bit sillier that what we usually seen in the OG series when it comes to serious attacks (it would have been a thematically better fit for the one arrow to simply splinter into a rain of smaller fragments, which would have had the same effect, IMO).

I like your points. My personal feelings on the matter are that we will just have to wait and see what happens. With all the questions that these first two episodes have already presented, we're all getting tied up into emotional knots trying to find answers NOW. Let the show tell its story.
Oct 14, 2020 1:25 AM
Jul 2016
Man this show makes me feel nostalgic! Inuyasha may have had serious pacing issues but it had such a likable cast. I’m really interested in where this is going.
Oct 16, 2020 10:31 PM

Jul 2017
This Inuyasha sequel is JUST LIKE Higurashi's, the "sequel/reboot" confusion effect, and I have to admit that already exclaiming lots of worries ONLY WHEN it's Episode 2 is 50-50 (the former being marketed by its original creator as newcomer-friendly, the latter (here) being marketed by Sunrise without Rumiko Takahashi's guidance in the story).

With that said, I do have as many questions for what Sunrise is wanting to achieve by its many setups, mainly: giving the backstory between Towa and Setsuna, and more or less how time has passed throughout without the OG cast in tow (as it was meant to, though they could reappear anytime). And it's no longer the Shikon Jewel, but the Rainbow Pearl (of which Moroha, Setsuna and Towa each have one), the effect is pretty much the same as the former.

It's only starting, so the journey is pretty much still up on airs.
Oct 17, 2020 6:48 AM

Mar 2012
As expected they are simply milking the series.
Oct 17, 2020 9:45 AM

Jul 2008
They are still pissed at Towa for fighting? I'm sorry what was she supposed to do, let them slash their throats?!

Those a-holes needed a few broken bones.

And as for Setsuna, why are her memories gone?

And the most obvious question....WHERE IS THE OG CREW?!
Oct 18, 2020 4:22 AM

Mar 2009
I love Moroha and Towa.
Oct 18, 2020 6:35 AM

Oct 2017
Pretty solid backstory and it was quite amusing too. Also Towa 100% waifu material, already loving her.
Oct 20, 2020 1:02 PM

Mar 2012
TasseKaffee said:

This is how I feel so far. Even having seen Sota's wife in the next episode doesn't fix an issue bugging me. Is Sota not worried about Kagome's whereabouts? Why doesn't Kohaku know any of those kids? I feel like a mystery is being hand fisted to get us to stay tuned when really, we'd all likely be watching anyways. I'm actually not liking this prolonged mystery of where the original cast is, why Kohaku and the girls don't know each other (altho ep 3 explains Sestuna's reason) and is Sesshomaru trhat messed up to abandon his kids?
Oct 22, 2020 5:16 PM
Mar 2018
So... I can see they want to play the women equality in here a bit and that's all fine by me. But why are they doing the usual anime thing of making the strong female protagonist a tomboy? That's like committing just halfway to your agenda.
And for some reason this show seems a bit weirdly üaced and written. They have their small funny bits in there, but it's all lost in the 90% fighting and giving narrated exposition. That's not very artisitc an the fights themselves seem to drag. This fight from here on out seems to go at least two episodes and it's the common "the boss reaches now phase X after being hit enough" strategy...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 24, 2020

91 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 17, 2020

90 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 8:52 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 27, 2021

39 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Mar 28, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 20, 2021

90 by evonewsun »»
Mar 13, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 13, 2021

87 by evonewsun »»
Mar 13, 12:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.