Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 13, 2021 1:01 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
As her teacher, he asked the man who cared the main girl about her. He helped her keep quiet. Then talking about the star. It's even more unexpected connection that how I predicted, but I knew they were connected.

Sakamoto-san's character trying to pull out the twins' real power.

Debt guy heard of something about the scar.

Boss calling twin's grandmother aunt?!

Main girl vs. Sakamoto-san's character while sister girl vs. FukuJun's character. Then Third girl joins.

She just found out the lady FukuJun's character is working for is their enemy during the battle. She is not happy w. how he collects the pearls, though. Then she was defeated by sister girl's scar.

Twin's mother woke up and that wheel moved. Father doesn't seem to be happy because that means human girl will die, and revived her. That angered her and emotion reacted w. the pearls. She broke that sword.

Boss appeared.

One more ep. Eh, sister girl dying?
tsubasaloverMar 13, 2021 1:59 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 13, 2021 2:21 AM

Jun 2012
The last couple of episodes have felt shallow and incomplete.
Mar 13, 2021 2:30 AM

Oct 2009
Finally this is coming to an end... And it'll be for the best. I don't even know anymore what's going on or why.
Mar 13, 2021 2:37 AM

Sep 2016
My God they're going to end it the next episode and we couldn't even understand WTF is going on. Absolute shitshow.
Mar 13, 2021 2:48 AM

Nov 2017
So much hate...I personally loved this episode.

What I got from this:
- Zero and Rin are actually connected
- Kirimaru and Sesshomaru might be connected too
- Idk what that wheel thing is but Sesshomaru already found what was needed for it

The preview for episode 24 broke me, I wonder what happened
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
Mar 13, 2021 3:12 AM
Oct 2017
Even with the episode being decent at best, it still angers me how they [The Writers, Producer & Producer] are just giving us what most of us knew since we hear Kirin-sensei and Kirinmaru's voice (I sort of already figured out their connection since hearing the word Kirinmaru) that they are connected somehow.

And now with that last preview, Setsuna is dead? and Towa is crying?
Pretty sure next Episode they are gonna pull something out of their butts and have this be the moment where Towa's true demon powers awaken.

If Sesshomaru just revived Zero, then how about you do something so she and Rin aren't connected by her spider web =_= if you think that "it was the only way you knew".

Also, Lord Sesshomaru. If I just as much randomly sees Inuyasha and Kagome next episode without them telling us how they got out of your two's father's grave [The Black Pearl] then that's another moment of bs from The Writers, Producer & Producer.

I know some people will reply to this in their own passionate way, but you can't blame me for seeing so many things wrong with how they went about it with this sequel to the Inuyasha universe. And being passionate about that world from a writing perspective?

TLDR; (for those who really don't wanna hear me ramble lol)
- Decent Episode
- I so-called the connection between Kirin-sensei and Kirinmaru
- Sesshomaru's mom was the only highlight of the episode.
- I'm smelling BS moves being made by The Writers, Producer & Producer for the last Episode.

So everyone let's all strap down for the last episode and pray it doesn't get a season 2.
Stay Cool
Mar 13, 2021 4:10 AM

Jun 2012
The biggest problem is that there was way too much time spent on insignificant episodic content which lead the story nowhere, instead of giving more detail on the main cast.
Mar 13, 2021 4:21 AM
Oct 2016
Very much a setup episode leading us into the finale next week. Some new information being given over multiple conversations. Sesshomaru mother speaking to Zero did make me chuckle a bit. Talking down to Zero so much does put a smile on my face. Telling her how human she's become with such jealousy and hatred. Sesshomaru himself becoming more human with his caring for his daughters. Its not been the most obvious thing but I feel he's cared for them this whole time just in his own way while also watching over Rin in the tree. Bringing Zero back to life just so Rin wouldn't die. Hope that he finds a way to separate this link between them. His sword breaking is pretty bad since its meant a lot. Its been speculated for a while too but finally hard confirmation that Riku is working with and trying to protect Zero getting all the pearls. Setsuna blood blade did look cool when it came out and she slashes Zero with it. Next episode preview is very somber, nothing better happen to any of the babygirls!
Mar 13, 2021 5:49 AM

Sep 2019
I agree with most people here, it was a weird show and I didn't get what I was watching. Anyway, it looks like the next episode will have a drama.
Mar 13, 2021 5:59 AM

Nov 2011
Whats the point of having Kirin being a descendant of Kirinmaru? Just to realize the comet exists?
"Why didn't you strike her with your own blade?"
Like what? I get Rin and Zero are connected but can we get some answers why Rin is trapped in the damn tree?

Also Inuyasha and Kagome are still trapped in the Black Pearl...so there is that...how will that get resolved?

There's a slot of non-sense and questions that need to be addressed and I dont think the final episode will answer all of them

I can see an open ended ending.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 13, 2021 6:12 AM

Jul 2017
The Kirins of both past and present links up, creating the connection between worlds. Who would've thought?

Otherwise, this is pretty much the set-up episode for the finale next week, but being as bare-bones as possible.

More than just the connection between Kirinmaru and Sesshomaru, to think that both Zero and Sesshomaru's mother are also in cahoots isn't a surprise at this point.

Out of the 3 half-demon princesses, Towa's naiveté was the most annoying all this time, even if it meant giving a story plot to hers and Setsuna's roots. The one sole purpose of the Shikon Jewel's plot itself is lost overtime with the Rainbow Jewels, and the feud between Zero and Sesshomaru's mother is why.

As usual, Sesshomaru is just being the contradiction himself, and that's one thing I can resonate that's good.

But stlli though, there's just no saving this cash-cow of a shitshow left on its last milk runs.
Mar 13, 2021 6:16 AM

Mar 2019
Loved this and already hoping for a season two.

Nice episode overall.

Hyped and kinda scared for next episode.

Edit: By the way, "Rin-chan" was trending on Japan when the episode aired.
HayuumeMar 13, 2021 6:34 AM
Mar 13, 2021 6:35 AM
Jul 2018
This show is fucking terrible OMG,too many episodes where nothing happened and Now we are at This mess,terrible and unkown enemies motivation and lack of characters development,lack of a clear vision for This show plus plot holes,males This One of the worst and most unnecesary sequels ever
Mar 13, 2021 6:40 AM
Feb 2021
The preview for the final episode has me worried 😰
Mar 13, 2021 6:41 AM
Feb 2021
Isidoro4567 said:
This show is fucking terrible OMG,too many episodes where nothing happened and Now we are at This mess,terrible and unkown enemies motivation and lack of characters development,lack of a clear vision for This show plus plot holes,males This One of the worst and most unnecesary sequels ever
Agreed. I had such high hopes but it is pretty much a disaster. Though I do like the chemistry between the characters.
Mar 13, 2021 6:48 AM

Oct 2017
So even Zero is gonna attack them instead of leaving it to Kirnmaru and even he is here. The final battle approaches.

So one more episode left and uh there's a few things I want to see and know. Thou doesn't look like I'll get to see them with just one more episode to go.
Mar 13, 2021 7:36 AM

Jun 2017
Gonna be a real "BRUH" moment if they kill Setsuna off for real in the last episode. And Tenseiga just happened to be broken now of all times....how convenient for the plot...

Sesshoumaru's mother was as entertaining as ever, she truly doesn't know jackshit about her son. It reminded me of the time when Rin died a second time and she couldn't tell if Sesshoumaru was sad (or happy when she was resurrected) and Jaken of all people had to explain it. lol
Mar 13, 2021 8:13 AM

Apr 2020
What a preview. I doubt Setsuna will die. Even if she does, I doubt she'll stay dead.

I feel like this episode would have had more of an impact if the writers slowly built up to this moment instead of throwing everything at us last minute.

We now know that Rin and Zero are connected. What in the world is the wheel? Does it determine when the world ending comet hits the world? Who's Towa's homeroom teacher? It feels like he's Kirinmaru in the future. I'm also assuming that Zero is the Dream Butterfly.

Where is Inuyasha and Kagome?
Mar 13, 2021 8:57 AM

Feb 2019
How are people on MAL disliking this episode? It was easily the best we’ve got in a LONG time. We saw more of Sesshomaru’s mother today than we saw in all of OG inuyasha. I loved her interactions with Zero.

For those saying that the episode felt incomplete or that it makes no sense that it’s wrapping so quick, I think it’s pretty obvious that this is serving as a show runner for a much longer series to come. No Way everything gets wrapped in 23 mins. Especially given that preview of Towa crying.

A lot of interesting things today. Zero was apparently in love with Sesshomaru, Kirin sensei in the present being able to relay what he sees to Kirinmari, Tensaiga being broken, etc. I did kinda find it BS that Setsuna killed zero so easily, but overall I was very happy with the episode. Idk why people who supposedly hate this show continue to watch it. Just stick to JJK or Shingeki no mid.
Mar 13, 2021 9:32 AM

Dec 2015
The Tenseiga just snapped like a toothpick. Time to call ole reliable Totosai.
Mar 13, 2021 10:24 AM
May 2018
so the next episode is the last one and we still have lots of questions unanswered instead of showing us episodes with no relation to the plot they should had developed/answered us the questions we need to know i cant imagine a single episode giving us an answer for everything so either they will rush everything and leave us with many questions or this episode will build up for a second season which wont surprise me since its doing good numbers in japan
Mar 13, 2021 10:32 AM
Sep 2008
Next episode will be the last and we will know if they will rush everything or the second season would be about destroying the comet.

But whathever the result is, it wont change that this is a whole mess.
CesarMagnanMar 13, 2021 11:25 PM
Mar 13, 2021 2:13 PM
Oct 2007
But what about kagome and inuyasha that trapped in seshomaru eye? ):
Mar 13, 2021 3:04 PM

Jul 2012
This anime is so anti-climatic. It uses exposition when is not needed and then forgets to explain things when we need some explanation. There were so many dumb episodes who went nowhere...no word-building, no character development, no nothing.

Such a shame. It could have been a nice anime, the girls were cute and all, but...the story is all over the place.

I'm just watching because of nostalgia lol

Mar 13, 2021 3:42 PM

Nov 2018
LAST EPISODE ALREADY????

I wonder when Inuyasha and kagome will came

Mar 13, 2021 5:07 PM

Jul 2012
Ep 23 of 24 and I still don't understand what the deal with Kirinmaru is
Mar 13, 2021 5:17 PM
Nov 2020
Sesshoumaru's mother seems pretty smart just chillin in her palace, not getting too involved with human or other youkai's affairs. I guess that's how you live long.

KANLen09 said:
The one sole purpose of the Shikon Jewel's plot itself is lost overtime with the Rainbow Jewels, and the feud between Zero and Sesshomaru's mother is why.
Isn't the feud cause both Zero and Sesshoumaru's mother loved Toga (Sesshomaru's dad)? So they were in conflict on who got him.

MomoSinX said:
Gonna be a real "BRUH" moment if they kill Setsuna off for real in the last episode. And Tenseiga just happened to be broken now of all times....how convenient for the plot...

Hmm, maybe Sesshoumaru's mother needs to roll up to revive Setsuna? If Sesshoumaru asks she may do that favour.
ぴえん超えてぱおん
Mar 13, 2021 5:17 PM

Sep 2016
I have disliked most of the season and been complaining non-stop but this episode was the best so far and I think it was great.
I love the drama.
Mar 13, 2021 6:22 PM
Mar 2021
next to the last episode will there be a sequel or not? Inuyasha and Kagome's whereabouts have not been revealed
Mar 13, 2021 7:13 PM

Mar 2012
Stranger_Hanyo said:
My God they're going to end it the next episode and we couldn't even understand WTF is going on. Absolute shitshow.
considering how well this show is doing in Japan, and the preview making it seem like the conflicts aren't all resolved, i'm willing to bet they'll do a season 2 and it could even be announced right after the season ends like most anime.

restumuhamad said:
next to the last episode will there be a sequel or not? Inuyasha and Kagome's whereabouts have not been revealed
i'll be very surprised if there's no continuation lol
Mar 13, 2021 7:52 PM
Nov 2017
It's obvious there will be a 2nd season, this is doing well in Japan, Idk why some people are bitching...
Mar 13, 2021 8:36 PM
Nov 2019
So it seems like there's definitely gonna be a season 2. There's absolutely no way for one more episode to tie up all loose ends.

Also, we finally get a preview for the next episode that doesn't basically show the whole episode.
Mar 13, 2021 8:43 PM
Nov 2020
Bel-Hiiragi said:
Pretty sure next Episode they are gonna pull something out of their butts and have this be the moment where Towa's true demon powers awaken.

I bet her demon powers will be reviving people like the Tenseiga can! So she ends up reviving Setsuna.
ぴえん超えてぱおん
Mar 13, 2021 8:56 PM
Oct 2017
animetophat said:
Bel-Hiiragi said:

I bet her demon powers will be reviving people like the Tenseiga can! So she ends up reviving Setsuna.

Even so wouldn't that be an asspull without any build-up?
Mar 13, 2021 9:56 PM
Mar 2015
Things are starting to wrap up. Sesshoumaru won't let Zeto die because Rin would die too. Kiramuaru exists in the modern world and realizes that he needs to stop the comet Only he and Sesshouaru can do that Even though Tenseiga has been destroyed, SessMom necklace can still revive just like it did Rin in Inuyasha
landofthekwtMar 13, 2021 10:01 PM
Mar 13, 2021 10:02 PM
Aug 2018
Donot worry,setsuna survive surely
Mar 13, 2021 10:04 PM
Aug 2018
Bel-Hiiragi said:
animetophat said:

donot worry,according opening two setsuna is saved by rin in her subconsciously stateand she is survived
Mar 13, 2021 10:22 PM
Aug 2020
The last few episodes have been pretty decent and the story is moving along but parts still feel rushed and not impactful. While the last few episodes and the beginning of the show were decently good, it certainly doesn't save this show from its subpar existence. However, this is the first time in the entire series where I’ve actually been excited for the next episode, so that’s a bonus.
Mar 13, 2021 10:30 PM
Aug 2018
Cole38 said:
The last few episodes have been pretty decent and the story is moving along but parts still feel rushed and not impactful. While the last few episodes and the beginning of the show were decently good, it certainly doesn't save this show from its subpar existence. However, this is the first time in the entire series where I’ve actually been excited for the next episode, so that’s a bonus.
setsuna survive surely according opening two rin save Her in subconsciously, or there maybe a season two
Mar 13, 2021 11:30 PM
Sep 2008
landofthekwt said:
Things are starting to wrap up. Sesshoumaru won't let Zeto die because Rin would die too. Kiramuaru exists in the modern world and realizes that he needs to stop the comet Only he and Sesshouaru can do that Even though Tenseiga has been destroyed, SessMom necklace can still revive just like it did Rin in Inuyasha

Either SessMom or Towa learns a new ability to revive her.
Mar 13, 2021 11:47 PM
Aug 2018
CesarMagnan said:
landofthekwt said:

Either SessMom or Towa learns a new ability to revive her.
setsuna survive surely
Mar 14, 2021 12:17 AM

Oct 2010
restumuhamad said:

We know their whereabouts, they're still trapped in the Black Pearl/Inu no Taisho's grave.
Mar 14, 2021 1:36 AM
Mar 2021
The_Sum_of_Zero said:
restumuhamad said:

We know their whereabouts, they're still trapped in the Black Pearl/Inu no Taisho's grave.

you mean when appeared? Does Sesshomaru have his own goal of sealing Inuyasha / Kagome
Mar 14, 2021 3:13 AM
Aug 2018
The_Sum_of_Zero said:
restumuhamad said:

donot worry,we get a season two and setsuna survive surely
Mar 14, 2021 6:48 AM
Oct 2017
Sayan_Pal said:
Bel-Hiiragi said:

donot worry,according opening two setsuna is saved by rin in her subconsciously stateand she is survived

How can you say that with certainty? Do you have a link or actual evidence to back that up?
Because what this whole "season 1" have given us is
- Unanswered Questions
- No character development or rushed Character development/conclution to a conflict in one Episode [Hisui's anger towards Miroku]
- Killing Off a character in the same episode without US getting attached to set Character [Moroha's Master]
- Filler Episodes that moved the "plot" nowhere and that were WAY to early in a season that is a Sequal to a long running franchise [i.e Inuyasha]
etc.

Saying that Setsuna will survive or be saved by Rin, just because from one Visual from the second Opening isn't that valid of evidence to support that claim.

In my opinion [and with how this whole anime has been since that Start] they will have Towa gain this new power without any buil-up to it and fans would say "she got that power from Sesshomaru's/her grandfather's Sword" which in my opinion is a BS move on the entire Anime.

As someone who wants to be an actual writer someday, I want to a good or great build-up to anything. A character slowly gaining this new power? A character becoming stronger? etc. etc
Mar 14, 2021 7:04 AM
Aug 2018
Bel-Hiiragi said:
Sayan_Pal said:

How can you say that with certainty? Do you have a link or actual evidence to back that up?
- Unanswered Questions
- No character development or rushed Character development/conclution to a conflict in one Episode [Hisui's anger towards Miroku]
- Killing Off a character in the same episode without US getting attached to set Character [Moroha's Master]
- Filler Episodes that moved the "plot" nowhere and that were WAY to early in a season that is a Sequal to a long running franchise [i.e Inuyasha]
etc.

Saying that Setsuna will survive or be saved by Rin, just because from one Visual from the second Opening isn't that valid of evidence to support that claim.

In my opinion [and with how this whole anime has been since that Start] they will have Towa gain this new power without any buil-up to it and fans would say "she got that power from Sesshomaru's/her grandfather's Sword" which in my opinion is a BS move on the entire Anime.

As someone who wants to be an actual writer someday, I want to a good or great build-up to anything. A character slowly gaining this new power? A character becoming stronger? etc. etc
u hate setsuna,so u say that,setsuna surely survive according opening two as u see moroha, s master iwaragi,s death foreshadowed before in opening so it also happen, rin save setsuna according opening two in subconsciously state, so u say setsuna is permanently died,nope,she is a mc,she will not die forever
Mar 14, 2021 7:05 AM
Nov 2020
Bel-Hiiragi said:
animetophat said:

A bit yeah. But note what Riku answered Zero when she asked about Towa's demon powers. He was saying how nice and kind she is. And hasn't that been her defining quality throughout the show, being compassionate? Now the properties of the Tenseiga is all about compassion and being compassionate. See here for instance:

https://inuyasha.fandom.com/wiki/Tenseiga
Tenseiga allowed a compassionate wielder to see and slay the beings from the Underworld, as well as bringing up to 100 beings back to life in one swing.
ぴえん超えてぱおん
Mar 14, 2021 7:13 AM
Aug 2018
Bel-Hiiragi said:
Sayan_Pal said:

- Unanswered Questions
etc.

there will be a season two
Mar 14, 2021 7:25 AM
Oct 2017
Sayan_Pal said:
Bel-Hiiragi said:

- Unanswered Questions
etc.

u hate setsuna,so u say that,setsuna surely survive according opening two as u see moroha, s master iwaragi,s death foreshadowed before in opening so it also happen, rin save setsuna according opening two in subconsciously state, so u say setsuna is permanently died,nope,she is a mc,she will not die forever

I don't hate Setsuna, to be honest, I like her, Towa, and Moroha but how the whole anime is written is all over the place. That is what I hate, a plot that is all over the place.
Did we get attached to Master Iwaragi? Did we get to know Iwaragi over X-amount of episodes? nope. We saw Iawargi alongside Koga and Ayame [In one Episode] and yet we haven't seen anything from him nor Ayame for episodes. Iawaragi got introduced to us in the same episode she died in, so we couldn't build a connection to Iwaragi.

Also, Tenseiga got broken by Zero so it can't be used again. Unless if they [Sesshomaru and Jaken] go and find Totosai to fix Tenseiga. That would mean Sesshomaru would have to give up one of his teeth, would he even do that?

Also, got a link for the source? for the second season? because everyone has talked about the views it gotten in Japan meanwhile with us in English speaking countries are indifferent with the Japanese audience.
Mar 14, 2021 7:26 AM
Aug 2018
tsubasalover said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
As her teacher, he asked the man who cared the main girl about her. He helped her keep quiet. Then talking about the star. It's even more unexpected connection that how I predicted, but I knew they were connected.

Sakamoto-san's character trying to pull out the twins' real power.

Debt guy heard of about the scar.

Boss calling twin's grandmother aunt?!

Main girl vs. Sakamoto-san's character while sister girl vs. FukuJun's character. Then Third girl joins.

She just found out the lady FukuJun's character is working for is their enemy during the battle. She is not happy w. how he collects the pearls, though. Then she was defeated by sister girl's scar.

Twin's mother woke up and that wheel moved. Father doesn't seem to be happy because that means human girl will die, and revived her. That angered her and emotion reacted w. the pearls. She broke that sword.

Boss appeared.

One more ep. Eh, sister girl dying?
setsuna survive surely
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 24, 2020

91 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 17, 2020

90 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 8:52 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 10, 2020

108 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 27, 2021

39 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Mar 28, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 20, 2021

90 by evonewsun »»
Mar 13, 1:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.