Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 7, 2020 4:42 AM

Dec 2015
Recently the name of this anime and the first arc got leaked (kinda)
from amazon jp: https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E7%AC%AC1%E8%A9%B1-%E3%81%B2%E3%81%90%E3%82%89%E3%81%97%E3%81%AE%E3%81%AA%E3%81%8F%E9%A0%83%E3%81%AB/dp/B08KGSJ92K/

The series title is listed as "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou", potentially meaning karma, and the arc name is listed as "Onidamashi-hen" which means "Demon Deception Arc" or something similar.
Source for translation: https://twitter.com/FurudeJinja/status/1313716710852050946

Ryukishi07 (The VN author) already said that we'll know the new direction of the story for the new anime in Ep2: https://youtu.be/aAULN-RqQRw

Ryukishi07 wrote the whole script for anime himself, Passione is just adapting that script (and there's a manga adaptation as well).
So what do you guys think? personally i'm afraid and exited for the new content.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 7, 2020 5:00 AM

Jul 2020
It is a remake the original one had 3 seasons.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Oct 7, 2020 5:03 AM

Dec 2015
Scordolo said:

How is that the og had 3 seasons related to this?
Oct 7, 2020 5:07 AM

Jul 2020
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:
Scordolo said:

How is that the og had 3 seasons related to this?

Sorry I didn't get what you replied.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Oct 7, 2020 5:15 AM

Mar 2013
I think that's good. That makes me more interested, if it's not just a remake of what already exists. Even more so if Ryukishi is behind the writing anyway.
Oct 7, 2020 9:54 AM
Jan 2017
Thats intresting but i dont believe you jet. We have to wait for tomorrow to see where its going as you already said.
The one thing that speaks for you imo is the last scene from first episode showing rika overwatching the junkyard.

But where could the story go?
Oct 7, 2020 9:59 AM

Feb 2010
they already confirmed it was a remake though.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 7, 2020 10:42 AM

Oct 2020
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:
from amazon jp: https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E7%AC%AC1%E8%A9%B1-%E3%81%B2%E3%81%90%E3%82%89%E3%81%97%E3%81%AE%E3%81%AA%E3%81%8F%E9%A0%83%E3%81%AB/dp/B08KGSJ92K/

The series title is listed as "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou", potentially meaning karma, and the arc name is listed as "Onidamashi-hen" which means "Demon Deception Arc" or something similar.
Source for translation: https://twitter.com/FurudeJinja/status/1313716710852050946 lunch actually reviews

Ryukishi07 (The VN author) already said that we'll know the new direction of the story for the new anime in Ep2: https://youtu.be/aAULN-RqQRw

Ryukishi07 wrote the whole script for anime himself, Passione is just adapting that script (and there's a manga adaptation as well).
So what do you guys think? personally i'm afraid and exited for the new content.

interesting anime?
Oct 7, 2020 10:49 AM

Jan 2015
Yeah I just saw it too. I hope a good thing will come out of this. I wonder if they’ll still follow the length of the og series and how the plot progresses

New arc is called Onidamashi-hen
XenocrisiOct 7, 2020 10:54 AM
Oct 7, 2020 11:20 AM
Jan 2017
https://twitter.com/i/status/1312986103348109314
I wonder what hes talking about. ^^

It really caught my interest even more.
I mean: <I dont think we might be able able to do something like this again.> ??!!

Do i put too much into this?
Oct 7, 2020 11:44 AM
Mar 2019
Higurashi creators: "Basically, you can start anywhere you like, all versions of the story have their unique spin and events, and I believe you'll enjoy them all equally and immensely."

Fate creators:
Oct 7, 2020 12:18 PM

Dec 2015
hazarddex said:
they already confirmed it was a remake though.

They didn't, watch the interview.
He said you'll see what's this anime is about from ep2 and i don't want to spoil anything now, he wouldn't say that if it was the same stuff.
and the amazon leak is 99% right, this arc is Onidamashi
Oct 7, 2020 12:21 PM

Dec 2010
welp, im gonna hate this then. its gonna be terrible
Oct 7, 2020 12:25 PM
Jul 2018
amare135 said:

Don't let you down so quickly. Ryukishi is writing the story and he was so happy while talking about episode 2, even if it'll be different than VN and 2006 anime it still will be awesome.
Oct 7, 2020 12:25 PM

Feb 2010
amare135 said:

aye the pay of for solving the mystery for higurashi was what really made it a great series. rather then lets just kill them constantly in random ways.

i guess i'll go back to reading the VN's...
GrimAtramentOct 7, 2020 12:30 PM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 7, 2020 10:27 PM

Jul 2012
sarazanmai said:
Higurashi creators: "Basically, you can start anywhere you like, all versions of the story have their unique spin and events, and I believe you'll enjoy them all equally and immensely."

Fate creators:

:) It seems like the words "DAREDA OMAEHA?!???" has been pinging around Charlie's mind for quite some time.
Feels like losing all five senses &
Maybe not able to have thoughts,

Enjoi...
Oct 7, 2020 10:51 PM
Jun 2017
In the interview with Ryushiki it seems he made it pretty clear it is a remake, but that there will be changes exclusive to this anime. So it’s not a “faithful” adaption, but for the most part it’s the Higurashi we know. That’s at least what it seemed like he was saying, since he mentioned he was excited to do a remake and he hopes we can enjoy the “subtle differences” between the VN, the original anime, and the new anime.
Oct 7, 2020 11:49 PM

Aug 2015
I've heard people saying that the Onidamashi-hen may be a mistake from Amazon's part, as they apparently did similar things in the past like naming an arc as "Satoshi". Seeing how the difference between Onikakushi-hen (the original 1st arc) and Onidamashi-hen is of just 1 kanji, there is a mistake that could be likely.

Also, to name it Onidamashi-hen it's also really weird, as Onidamashi is a fan story from an obscure fanfiction story compilation called Kataribanashi-hen, and I find it weird for Ryukishi and Passione to be ok on adapting something like that. I'm more down to think that this is a rewrite of the og arcs, now that Ryukishi has the experience and insight on the story, and he either used the name Onidamashi-hen because he liked it, or it's just Onikakushi-hen and Amazon made a mistake.
Oct 8, 2020 1:58 AM

Oct 2014
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:

Tbh, I think I would be more happy to see newly adapted chapters rather than just remaking the original.

This "Onidamashi" however, have no idea what's it about.
I'd be very pleased if it was just stuff like Yoigoshi-hen and Onisarashi-hen.
Intelligent gets through situations which wise avoids.
Oct 8, 2020 2:49 AM

Dec 2015
ovy7 said:
I've heard people saying that the Onidamashi-hen may be a mistake from Amazon's part, as they apparently did similar things in the past like naming an arc as "Satoshi". Seeing how the difference between Onikakushi-hen (the original 1st arc) and Onidamashi-hen is of just 1 kanji, there is a mistake that could be likely.

Also, to name it Onidamashi-hen it's also really weird, as Onidamashi is a fan story from an obscure fanfiction story compilation called Kataribanashi-hen, and I find it weird for Ryukishi and Passione to be ok on adapting something like that. I'm more down to think that this is a rewrite of the og arcs, now that Ryukishi has the experience and insight on the story, and he either used the name Onidamashi-hen because he liked it, or it's just Onikakushi-hen and Amazon made a mistake.

The LNs are on nyaa so i downloaded them and took a look at Onidamashi, it was just a 30 pages story that has nothing important lol, probably R07 forgot about it when naming this new arc.
And Amazon had the name of the series as Higurashi Gou (karma) then after the fans saw it they changed it back to just Higurashi, so i think that leak is right
Tsukumo_YuumaOct 8, 2020 3:20 AM
Oct 8, 2020 2:51 AM

Dec 2015
Hulio said:
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:

Tbh, I think I would be more happy to see newly adapted chapters rather than just remaking the original.

This "Onidamashi" however, have no idea what's it about.
I'd be very pleased if it was just stuff like Yoigoshi-hen and Onisarashi-hen.

It's a new arc similar to Onikakushi but they'll change how the story is told, that's all i know for now, the script is written by Ryukishi07 tho
Oct 8, 2020 6:50 AM

Sep 2012
hazarddex said:

aye the pay of for solving the mystery for higurashi was what really made it a great series. rather then lets just kill them constantly in random ways.

i guess i'll go back to reading the VN's...

Yeah, the people who dont see the great setup from the anime remake and the love that's going into the slice of life character buildup are a bunch of goats who can't see anything. Deen's Higurashi riding on the shock value is why there are still a ton of people who didn't even watch season 2. For me I found it initial jarring that Rika became the main character out of nowhere in season 2, after seeing how Deen utilized her poorly as a character in the season 1 arcs. Again, for shock value mostly. Ryukishi's interview talked about the 仕掛け (setup) so it looks pretty hype.
Oct 8, 2020 7:46 AM

Aug 2015
Ok, reading the comments on Ep2,
xD
Oct 8, 2020 7:50 AM

May 2012
Yikes.... This show could turn out to be some booty cheeks filler. I was expecting to see certain things in the future but...
Oct 8, 2020 8:04 AM
Oct 8, 2020 8:09 AM

Sep 2017
Does this mean everyone new to the series shouldn't watch it yet? I've never seen Higurashi so I decided to start with the "remake" since I figured it'd be a good starting point but now.....
Oct 8, 2020 8:10 AM
Jul 2020
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:

Source for translation: https://twitter.com/FurudeJinja/status/1313716710852050946

so can i see this without having seen the original Higurashi Anime?
Oct 8, 2020 8:10 AM

Aug 2015
This very likely should be watched after watching the original.
Oct 8, 2020 8:18 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
PV 3 confirms it.

A certain character appearing already compared to no screen-time from Deen's version throughout the first 26 episodes, this goes beyond the realm of rushing content xD.

In all seriousness, it's safe to assume that things will play out slightly different in this Passione version.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 8, 2020 8:21 AM

Dec 2015
_MushiRock11_ said:
PV 3 confirms it.

A certain character appearing already compared to no screen-time from Deen's version throughout the first 26 episodes, this goes beyond the realm of rushing content xD.

In all seriousness, it's safe to assume that things will play out slightly different in this Passione version.

it's not rushing, it's a completely new script that focuses on Rika early on.
also it's written by Ryukishi (the og author)
Oct 8, 2020 8:22 AM

Dec 2015
artxrias said:
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:

so can i see this without having seen the original Higurashi Anime?

You can watch this without the OG, but it'll spoil the og for you.
So make your choice if you want to continue this or go back and watch/read the original
Oct 8, 2020 8:27 AM

Aug 2015
At this point I think the best move (outside of directly reading the VN) is to watch the original and Kai, then come back and watch this.
Oct 8, 2020 8:32 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:

I know lol, I was just kidding.

Oct 8, 2020 8:38 AM

May 2012
_MushiRock11_ said:
PV 3 confirms it.

So we won't even get a season 2 probably? (tho with both being similar length maybe it's just slight alterations?)

Tsukumo_Yuuma said:
_MushiRock11_ said:
PV 3 confirms it.

Yeah totally "written" when the entirety of episode one was identical to the original anime... Could this actually be a mad cash grab? I didn't expect this.
k11chiOct 8, 2020 8:43 AM
Oct 8, 2020 8:44 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
k11chi said:
So we won't even get a season 2 probably?

Now, that we won't know until at least next year I'm sure.

If there are plans of a 2nd Season, we'll probably know right away close to the end of these 2-cours so it's all about patience until then, for better or worse.

I, on the other hand, think there won't be a 2nd Season as well but who knows. If this series can come back up after 10+ years, anything is possible lol.

Oct 8, 2020 8:52 AM

Dec 2015
k11chi said:
_MushiRock11_ said:
PV 3 confirms it.

So we won't even get a season 2 probably? (tho with both being similar length maybe it's just slight alterations?)

Tsukumo_Yuuma said:

Yeah totally "written" when the entirety of episode one was identical to the original anime... Could this actually be a mad cash grab? I didn't expect this.

it was intentional, watch the interviews/news /ep2 before you talk.
why do you think they revealed the real name and released a new trailer + key visual NOW after episode 2 not after ep1?
Oct 8, 2020 9:06 AM

May 2012
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:
k11chi said:

why do you think they revealed the real name and released a new trailer + key visual NOW after episode 2 not after ep1?

You tell me as the studios were unable to.
No, you do not (ever) have to watch freaking interviews for anything lol.
Interviews.
Brah.
G.
Oct 8, 2020 9:07 AM

Oct 2019
ovy7 said:
At this point I think the best move (outside of directly reading the VN) is to watch the original and Kai, then come back and watch this.

I’ll do that, thanks for suggestion.
Pandora Hearts is the best manga ever made and deserves an anime reboot
Oct 8, 2020 9:11 AM

Mar 2018
probably unlikely, but you may never know until the anime is really finished.
Oct 8, 2020 9:21 AM

Nov 2007
OP: "I believe what you said" by Asaka
ED: "Kamisama no Syndrome (神様のシンドローム)" by Ayane
https://twitter.com/higu_anime/status/1314219247959236609
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 8, 2020 9:22 AM

Oct 2017
Lol they got us in the first half not gonna lie.
Oct 8, 2020 9:34 AM

Jul 2017
Hmm.. Interesting news. Wasn't expecting Hanyu so soon. Definitely a surprise to see how this version of Higurashi will turn out to be. Not really fond of having Hanyu being revealed so soon, but i guess i just have to wait and see how this turns out, might be something that blows my mind somehow xd
Oct 8, 2020 9:38 AM

Dec 2019
So is it an anime original arc? Or is it a VN route?
Oct 8, 2020 9:40 AM
Feb 2015
so now i dont know if i can watch this 2nd episode or not , i haven't seen the original
Oct 8, 2020 9:42 AM

Dec 2015
TG_Rising said:
so now i dont know if i can watch this 2nd episode or not , i haven't seen the original

It's up to you, you can watch this but it'll spoil some things from the original story (if you won't watch the og anyway, then go with this one)
Oct 8, 2020 9:44 AM

Dec 2015
k11chi said:
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:

Interviews.
Brah.
G.

Yes, they weren't unable to reveal this shit months ago, but the author didn't want to reveal anything till now.
If you don't care please stop making stupid comments
Oct 8, 2020 10:06 AM

Mar 2008
Well they certainly trolled everyone.

Playing the remake card right until episode 2 reveals itself as a sequel. In some ways that is alright. The original still holds up well and not sure this was going to blow that out of the water anyways.

Of course, probably not a great thing for anyone starting fresh. They didn't show off everything in this episode or explain it all. But it might be a different kind of confusing depending on how they tackle it.
Oct 8, 2020 10:15 AM

Jul 2016
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:
k11chi said:

Interviews.
Brah.
G.

Yes, they weren't unable to reveal this shit months ago, but the author didn't want to reveal anything till now.
If you don't care please stop making stupid comments
Yeah, since it's ryukishi-sensei, he barely reveals and he trolls his audience xD
Oct 8, 2020 10:18 AM
Dec 2007
FlareKnight said:
Well they certainly trolled everyone.

Playing the remake card right until episode 2 reveals itself as a sequel. In some ways that is alright. The original still holds up well and not sure this was going to blow that out of the water anyways.

Of course, probably not a great thing for anyone starting fresh. They didn't show off everything in this episode or explain it all. But it might be a different kind of confusing depending on how they tackle it.
As a fan, I love the move lol. If I was a newcomer though id be pissed lol. Imagine rolling in thinking you're getting a remake and having some of the biggest spoilers dropped on you from the get go lol
Oct 8, 2020 10:59 AM

Oct 2019
Well it didn't even needed one in the first place. Umineko Higurashi though absolutely needs a remake.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (2020) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2020

538 by AkiFosu »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2021

309 by YoshiYogurt »»
Sep 8, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 14, 2021

318 by YoshiYogurt »»
Sep 8, 6:02 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jan 7, 2021

167 by YoshiYogurt »»
Sep 8, 5:31 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2020

269 by YoshiYogurt »»
Sep 8, 5:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.