Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Sep 26, 2020 4:24 PM
Apr 2020
DARN IT, THEIR LIFE IS REALLY DISTORTED. THE INFLUENCE DUDE,
THEY REALLY WENT FROM NEGATIVE TO POSITIVE REAL QUICK.

Man no way this anime already reached it conclusion. Now I feel empty inside again and realize that I’m still single but for real this emptiness hits different. It doesn’t have a lonely vibe to it but instead I feel so glad that this anime has a real good ending.
After 5 years, they really gave us hope that this anime will continue and eventually finished and I’m satisfied with that.

IN THE FUTURE I WILL SURELY REWATCH THIS AND ENJOY IT ONCE AGAIN.
BUT FOR NOW THANK YOU FOR EVERYONE WHO WATCHED THIS IT’S BEEN A RIDE.
THANK YOU HACHIMAN,YUKINO, YUIGAHAMA AND TO ALL THE CHARACTERS IN THE SERIES.

YOU GUYS CHANGE MY LIFE AND HELPED ME TO BECOME A BETTER PERSON.

I HOPE THAT MY TEEN ROMANTIC ROMANTIC COMEDY IS WRONG AS I EXPECTED.
Sep 26, 2020 5:39 PM

Mar 2016
At last, the journey of teen life has come to an end. Shizuka sensei was just ✌❤ I still feel a little bad for Yui, but maybe she'll find someone in her future to love once again. That Yukinon's "I Love You, Hikigaya" was awesome which is just what Yukinon fans have been waiting for. The whole cast coming together and now Komachi joins the club✌ Hachiman's journey of being a different man by the end of this story has been reached. Yukinon's strive for independence has been seen to. Lastly, Yui's understanding of acceptance and maturity has been developed to newer heights😁🙌
Sep 26, 2020 5:43 PM
Jul 2016
Please tell me there's an OVA.
I want more Yukinoshita 🥺
Sep 26, 2020 5:47 PM

Mar 2016
Uzag-kun said:
I'm gonna miss this series, was my first slice of life romcom...
Congrats and happy for Yukino and Hachiman! Yukino is so adorable in their date ❤️🎉✨
but deep down I'm still sad for yui bruh! 😑

hope they adapt the Oregairu shin for like an OVA hehe
What's shin about? Is it like an after story?
Sep 26, 2020 8:10 PM
May 2020
What a fucking series. Three/Four months ago, I didn't know a thing about OreGairu. I heard it was getting a season 3, and it was supposedly a good series, so I binged Season 1 and Season 2 before Season 3 started airing. And now it has become one of my favorite series of all time. This holds one of the top positions along with some other masterpiece animes. Man, now I miss these characters! Post-series depression is hitting me hard.
Sep 26, 2020 11:34 PM

Dec 2014
I'm always team iroha, but Yukino was really cute this episode ngl. I'm going to miss 8man so much
Sep 27, 2020 12:15 AM

Jul 2015
I'm happy that it ended at last, I always had mixed feelings about Oregairu anime, with S3 even more because I got to read the Light Novel after all those years, some moments I like, some moments I dislike, it's complicated

I feel like between the anime community Oregairu anime is kinda overrated, but people is free to choose what they like and no one is obligated to read the LN, so whatever, 7/10 to this season, 9/10 to the last 2 episodes, glad to see an story that I've been following for all these years ended well.
Sep 27, 2020 3:18 AM

Oct 2007
The ending really reminded me on why Oregairu is Oregairu. Well done! ~ The last two Eps put it back together again.

To think we could have had Oregairu v Re:Zero v Kaguya-sama... would have really been something to behold.

Talentz

Sep 27, 2020 3:28 AM

Jan 2010
My man 8man took the biggest W in 2020 😂
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2020 3:56 AM

Aug 2017
That was a very satisfying ending, i will miss this show.
Sep 27, 2020 8:02 AM

Aug 2012
Satisfying ending and goodbye

Seriously, this show has so many great waifu
AxelcGSep 27, 2020 8:11 AM
Sep 27, 2020 8:35 AM

Jul 2019
It was very cliche but I liked it somehow. I'm just happy for Hachiman. But I found him more interesting in season 1 that's for sure.
Life is a despicable endurance race
Sep 27, 2020 8:49 AM

Sep 2016
A nice wrap up for a great series.

Sure, the winning girl is one of the ones I prefer the least, but I understand that the story makes sense, going in that direction.
One thing is a bad ending, the other is a sunk ship (but that won't stop salty wieners to down the score by 1-2+ for the latter instead of doing that only for the former).
Whatever, at least the anime was good.
And unlike most harems where one of the main cast is totally unlikeable (looking at ya Nisekoi), here all main girls are good.

I would give this 10/10, but there are things I'm not satisfied about, like Yui not confessing directly in episode 9 or 10, and making that indirect confession when Yukino already won. She had to confess directly at least, imho. Cherry on top if they went out and about as a couple for those last episodes, before Hachiman realized who mattered the most and Yui stepped aside. Whatever.

That said, Komachi and Hiratsuka-sensei are best girls. Remember. Always.
FullyChargedSep 27, 2020 8:56 AM
bruh
Sep 27, 2020 11:08 AM

Apr 2016
And is finally over. Damn, this final season was so f*cking slow. They stretched the prom thing way too much. 3 episodes would have been more than enough to end this. Boring af
final score 5/10

Sep 27, 2020 11:24 AM

Jul 2015
It hurts my heart to give this series a 7. I can't even give it an 8

Sep 27, 2020 12:48 PM
May 2020
ได้เห็นของแท้แล้ว
Sep 27, 2020 2:08 PM

Apr 2016
Well, I did never particularly like this series but the ending was fine for me, it was the one that was clear from the very start. Nothing much to say about it, just that this one was a good show.
Sep 27, 2020 4:11 PM
Feb 2017
Love it, like it, just it
Sep 27, 2020 6:02 PM

Feb 2014
Hm, so the obvious outcome is here.

I feel so bad for Yui. She is such a lovely and cute girl but too bad she was there just for the sake of a love triangle.

I liked a lot the 1st season but too bad this 3rd season was boring. Kinda of disappointing.
Almost no funny or enjoyable moments.
The drama scenes were very repetitive and the development occurred just in the last 2 episodes.

6/10 at best.
TechOtakuSep 27, 2020 6:08 PM
Sep 27, 2020 9:14 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Glad this show came to a conclusion.

It took a while to get here. Would probably make sense if it didn't get S3.
Ya wanted a sequel and here it is. Gotta appreciate or forever watch an unfinished piece of work. This season is mainly about how the story wrapping up not about giving more of what the previous seasons had shown. Read the Japanese title! Nowhere does it said CLIMAX in the title. KAN mean Fin or Finale. Don't put your expectation in the wrong place.

I like how it finally ended. I am satisfied.
Fuwa_sanSep 27, 2020 10:50 PM
Sep 27, 2020 9:43 PM

Aug 2013
really boring season with a finale so obvious, the first season is still the best one :(
Sep 27, 2020 10:17 PM
Dec 2019
i waited 5 years for this final season and then waited for it all to finish airing. i'm content. that "yahello" from yui around 7 mins was iconic. yukino is adorable. tension has finally been resolved and my heart is warmed :)
Sep 28, 2020 12:22 AM
Jan 2016
So, I think last eps is like a 'press conference' type , maybe, to say that it's official that Hachiman and Yukino is a couple, hahahaha...can't deny it, but I'm happy, really happy with this ending...sorry, but for me, the best girl is still...Totsuka Saika...eh no just kidding, Yuigahama Yui, yeah Yui for me is my best girl...and that Yukino's confession is just out of nowhere hahahahahahaha....thank you for an amazing 3 season, best rom-com genre for me until now.
Sep 28, 2020 2:03 AM

Aug 2017
finally justice at episode 12 from this series, after Yukino doesn't got to much screen time at early episodes,in this episode yukino and 8man got a lot of times together and i really love it. And i hope they have ova from s3 as well
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2020 4:25 AM
Aug 2018
Better be a kiss scene in the OVA cuz I feel ripped off without one on this kind of show! Lol
Sep 28, 2020 10:07 AM

May 2014
How do you know an anime was good? When you grin like an idiot the entire final episode. Love it.

"Yahallo" will not fill us with sadness. They did try to force a happy ending for all the characters (having this based on a VN) but even so, it works. It was a great journey that didn't feel hallow.

Haganai S3 when? Q◡Q
Sep 28, 2020 4:38 PM

Oct 2008
The hard focus on the romance and all the melodrama about finding the "real" deal was much heavier than what I came to like in the previous two seasons. Puts this season below the other two. At least it got a proper ending which is a big deal in today's anime world.

If they make a season 4 with events Iroha described to Yui, I'll definitely watch that.
Sep 28, 2020 5:18 PM
Mar 2020
Amazing episode, guess it really did become a love triangle like Hachiman said.
Sep 29, 2020 4:49 AM

May 2014
Eh, personally wasn't a big fan of this season just as I didn't like the 2nd season much. I'll stand by saying I don't like the art style used after the studio change.

I really could care less about the overblown family melodrama. All this BS about having to 'prove yourself' in order to do what you want. I get that maybe it's an Asian family thing where this kind of structure and control is more common, but for me it was just a huge disconnect. Like who gives a damn what your family thinks about what you want to do with your life? Just go ahead and do it ffs.

I think overall I didn't hate it as much as I hated the 2nd season, but it was still mediocre and had me rolling my eyes a lot. 6/10.
Sep 29, 2020 11:43 AM

Mar 2012
I won't try this season, as I hate 8man from the start for his behavior, not as much as yukino obviously but still, I don't think I could like it.
The only ending for him was alone.

ShiroHachi said:
]That's why LN readers hate episodes 1-10

They keep you safe to watch 10 episode centered on the second biggest scornful bitch of the decade what a shame !

Sep 30, 2020 3:16 AM

May 2009
To me not a bad series.. just a dissapointing one, I guess. My favorite thing was, honestly, their dialogues/voice acting. Was in the ride from start to finish, but still not enough to make me fall in love with these series. It's a 5/10 overall to me, slightly leaning towards a 4 ^^;
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Sep 30, 2020 4:11 PM

Jan 2012
Being a fan of Series from the start to finish. I can see 8man has changed over the course. Though, I do feel the previous seasons was better. In addition, I do hope there would be alternative endings for Yui,Iroha and teacher. It’s been a long road but alternative ending to please the fans

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Oct 1, 2020 4:40 AM
May 2019

WHAT KIND OF STORY WRITING WAS THAT??? WATARI?
Giving the most screentime to YUI , having the most Memories with YUI , hurting the most was also YUI !
If this was the outcome of the story then YUKINOSHITA must have had more 4 to 5 episodes. what a RUSHED arc of YUKINON was that?
Last 2 episodes all it took to change the whole plot half bakedly..
we did got many hints and even knew YUI wasn't going to be the ending outcome with HIKKI , in this season it's proved that Hikki wasn't the one whom he used to be and became all lovey dovey JERK type who used to be like TOTAL LONER INTROVERT LOVE IS DEATH....
This storywriting was the worse ooffee!! I regret watching OREGAIRU
Oct 1, 2020 7:41 AM
Apr 2019
SENPAiZ2 said:

WHAT KIND OF STORY WRITING WAS THAT??? WATARI?
Giving the most screentime to YUI , having the most Memories with YUI , hurting the most was also YUI !
If this was the outcome of the story then YUKINOSHITA must have had more 4 to 5 episodes. what a RUSHED arc of YUKINON was that?
Last 2 episodes all it took to change the whole plot half bakedly..
we did got many hints and even knew YUI wasn't going to be the ending outcome with HIKKI , in this season it's proved that Hikki wasn't the one whom he used to be and became all lovey dovey JERK type who used to be like TOTAL LONER INTROVERT LOVE IS DEATH....
This storywriting was the worse ooffee!! I regret watching OREGAIRU
Don't blame Watari,He has built up the dynamics of the canon couple from the beginning and it didn’t stray a little from that.
Blame the anime studio and the script writer.
Oct 1, 2020 5:11 PM
Feb 2018
“Youth is lie, it is evil.” It was so satisfying to hear this again.
Oct 1, 2020 7:13 PM
Jul 2016
While we can all think of better ways for this story to have finally ended, I think it wrapped up really nicely. The words of confession were finally said, the people around them accepted their relationship, and feelings were properly conveyed... and they all got to genuinely express their emotions too. It's been a years-long emotional investment, but it had been a mostly sweet albeit at times convoluted storytelling experience.
Oct 2, 2020 5:26 PM

Jun 2020
Can someone marry Hiratsuka-sensei...anyway Yukino being a girlfriend is truly LEGENDARY, Hachiman is such a lucky Guy.

And that date was overall amazing and looks like Yukino is a bit fast they just got on a first date and now marry? Lol.

So this is a good bye to Hachiman, Yukino, Yui, Iroha, Hiratsuka-sensei, and everyone else I'm truly glad that I was able to witness this masterpiece.

And looks like Komachi is finally on Highschool and she's so cute with that uniform she's wearing and I forgot to mention on that dance, it was great Hiratsuka-sensei probably did it on purpose when she stomp on Hachiman feet.

Hachiman has grown a lot and it was amazing he was able to get a legendary girlfriend that no one will get when Yukino said "I love you, Hachiman" really Makes my heart beat so fast.

So overall 9/10 for me it was truly amazing...so SAYONARA OREGAIRU T_T
Oct 3, 2020 1:22 AM

Aug 2014
a small thing I got confused over.
At the end of this final episode, is hikigaya hachiman in their third year (last year) of high school? For some reason I thought they were going to graduate.

And also hiratsuka is now retiring right? So for their third year she wont be there.
Mentioning that makes me sad, since hikigaya knows he wont be able to maintain a social connection with people so it's difficult to meet with hiratsuka again.
Oct 3, 2020 10:07 AM

Feb 2014
This was a really satisfying ending to OreGairu and I will miss it a lot.

The moments that Yukino and Hachiman had together in this episode was really sweet and cute, especially when Yukino went in for a surprise selfie with Hachiman. XD

Still, their party at the venue by the beach was a success and everyone had a good time. We also got an excellent bonus of Komachi appearing in her new high school uniform and she looks really good in it. =3

Another highlight for me was the final moment between Hachiman and the MVP for the entire series, Shizuka. Aside from the amusing dance (and fall) that they had, their talk was also great, and one filled with a bit of sadness that she would be saying farewell to Hachiman. I'm sure she'll find the right guy for her one day...

Overall, this third season was really strong when it came to tension and drama, but also delivered really well when it came to the character banter that I love about this series. Aside from my favourite girl, Yui, losing out and Haruno's part mid-series, this series will rank as one of my favourites this year.

9/10.
Oct 3, 2020 10:51 AM
Apr 2019
Ako- said:
a small thing I got confused over.
At the end of this final episode, is hikigaya hachiman in their third year (last year) of high school? For some reason I thought they were going to graduate.

And also hiratsuka is now retiring right? So for their third year she wont be there.
Mentioning that makes me sad, since hikigaya knows he wont be able to maintain a social connection with people so it's difficult to meet with hiratsuka again.

1.Yes, he is in third year with Yui and Yukino. Iroha in 2nd year, Komachi 1st year

2.No Hiratsuka Sensei is just getting transferred to another school of the same prefecture, it’s part of Japan's teacher rotation system (gets to change in 3-6 years)....so it won't be that hard to meet, someone told me it would take only 1 hour in train to go any parts of Chiba from where he is now.
Oct 3, 2020 5:07 PM
Jul 2018
I remember this show being... smarter? Like actually have some insight and wit? This last season replaced whatever charm the earlier episodes might've had with angsty melodrama.

Also I might just be getting old, but emotional immaturity is increasingly less 'cute' and more 'insufferable'.
Oct 3, 2020 5:23 PM

Sep 2009
pvoberstein said:
I remember this show being... smarter? Like actually have some insight and wit? This last season replaced whatever charm the earlier episodes might've had with angsty melodrama.

Also I might just be getting old, but emotional immaturity is increasingly less 'cute' and more 'insufferable'.

Pretty much. The author got tired and high fived the main couple across the finish line instead of finishing the series strong.
Oct 4, 2020 12:16 AM

May 2017
Man, Yuki x Hachiman is cute af. I can't say that I'm entirely disappointed in the ending, it was hella adorable, and exactly the pairnig that I was cheering for the most when I started this anime earlier this year... but I reeeally wanted that polyamorous turnout. Yui being left in the dust like that... :'c and then she's the one who has to come out and speak to them, trying to salvage the fucking relationship. No way. She was much too important to them both, it seems absurd for us to watch Hachiman and Yui get so close in the second season, only for him to realize that Yuki was the actual best girl (I mean, I'm not knocking her or them as a couple). But.. I did like that she was able to come out to Yuki and tell her that she wanted to be best friends with her, fuck yeah, but the three of them could have truly been best friends together, which they probably will.. but you know. It didn't have to be worded and put that way.. and her admitting that she likes Hachiman wasn't the worst thing... but I truly ship all three in an adorable triangle relationship. Fuck me. 9/10
Oct 4, 2020 12:33 AM

Sep 2009
demision said:
Man, Yuki x Hachiman is cute af. I can't say that I'm entirely disappointed in the ending, it was hella adorable, and exactly the pairnig that I was cheering for the most when I started this anime earlier this year... but I reeeally wanted that polyamorous turnout. Yui being left in the dust like that... :'c and then she's the one who has to come out and speak to them, trying to salvage the fucking relationship. No way. She was much too important to them both, it seems absurd for us to watch Hachiman and Yui get so close in the second season, only for him to realize that Yuki was the actual best girl (I mean, I'm not knocking her or them as a couple). But.. I did like that she was able to come out to Yuki and tell her that she wanted to be best friends with her, fuck yeah, but the three of them could have truly been best friends together, which they probably will.. but you know. It didn't have to be worded and put that way.. and her admitting that she likes Hachiman wasn't the worst thing... but I truly ship all three in an adorable triangle relationship. Fuck me. 9/10

It's some sad irony that Yukino was originally ostracized by her girl classmates cause they were jealous and thought she would take their man. But when she finally does make a close friend, she ends up taking her friend's love interest.
h0ll0wxvict0ryOct 4, 2020 1:53 AM
Oct 4, 2020 4:33 AM

Nov 2014
Pheww... I'm speechless... 7 years journey through 3 seasons, bringing tear and joy to me.

Started with planning on the event, Loved the seating position of both Hachiman and Yukino in the club. From the farthest end to end into side by side. Following that, Cute and Romantic date while looking the place for the Event. Those adorable selfies tho.. :3 HachiYuki :D. That blushing Yukino when Hachiman assuming of marriage in front of wedding ceremony.. haha suddenly it became awkward for both of them.

the whole gang helping HachiYuki on the event preparation, loved this togetherness. Komachi finally entered the school as the 1st year while Iroha keep teasing Yui... and the prom went really well with the approval of Yukinon's mom.

Moving toward the end of the event, a farewell dance from Sensei to 8man, after all she's one who become his guidance from the beginning until he found his genuinity(lLove for Yukinon XD). somehow they fell into awkward position when dancing together.goodbye and thank you sensei...

and.. another HachiYuki moments :D, Yukinon saying " I Love You" to Hachiman then "Yukitoki (season 1 OP)" came in. Their faces became redder... blushy blushy, easily one of my favorite moments in this season after the confession one in prev episode :D.

and..it finally ended with the reopening of Volunteer Service Club with Hachiman, Yukinon, and Komachi as the first members and Yui as their first client with her "somehow familiar" requests.

One of my best and favorite Romcom that i've ever watch or read, already hooked me from the beginning, the uniqueness characterization of every Character especially the main ones really put a great interest for me. another thing that beautiful for me is the dialogues/monologues and the scriptwriting itself, the words, sentences, the parables.. they're putted and combined together into something beautiful and meaningful.

Apart from the Romcom part itself, the Slice of Life parts was a top-notch for me, the concept of unusual problem solving that done by 8man, and the HardWorking Yukino who's try to doing everything by herself. Yet they done much good deed in helping a lot of people that resulting in trust and friendship from those people.
Despite that, each of the Main also conflicting in the way to see through each other in their relationship whether their relationship just a condepedency toward each other as Haruno said or they can find the genuity in those. The concept approach of that Genuinity and Codependency in human society and relationship was wonderfully interesting to me.

and.. for Romance, even though 1st & 2nd season didn't really depict so much about it since at that moment all the MC's still developing their relationship toward each other and trying to figure that "genuinity", this final season really blowed me up with those up & down and rollercoster feels. Ended with one of the best confession( and the reply) that i've seen/heard. Bless HachiYuki XD....

Thank you Watari-sensei for creating this masterpiece, and thanks for all the team for the efforts. all the great OP and ED thorughout season(shoutout epsecially for Yanagi Nagi for 3 OP's) with the ballade in this final, beautiful art, great wordsplay and scriptwriting. Even I heard that LN reader said there are a lot of HachiYuki part that didn't got adapted (Mainly their monologues, importatnt ones), I am really satisfied for this adaptation. I've heard that Watari-sensei still continuing the story with his new release of Oregairu Shin( about their 3rd years perhaps? ), i do really hoped that got adapted too either as a TV's or OVA's.Guessed that i'll start to read the LN for now to get more of deep understanding of it and filling things that didn't appeared in the adaptation.

Absolute 10/10 for me..... what a long beautiful journey....
r16fourarmOct 4, 2020 4:36 AM
Oct 4, 2020 7:47 PM
Feb 2013
Oh man. I didn't realize that I could still be so let down by an ending, but here I am. Though I guess Oregairu should at least get kudos for setting my expectations high enough that I was able to be let down this much, so it's a mixed feeling. But seriously... blech. Same as probably 80-90% of LN/anime with any kind of a romance angle, you can peg the ending just from the initial setup. In this case, unpopular protagonist, through an external inciting incident, meets a girl. Stuff happens. They get together. Happy ending. I do think it's funny that the S3 OP was essentially about this, about watching a movie where they just tack "and they lived happily ever after" to the end and you're sitting there watching the credits roll, thinking, "Wait, where the hell is the rest of it?"

Of course, in Oregairu's case, the "stuff happens" aspect of this synopsis is 100% of the interesting content, in regards to how it addresses social behaviors, relationships between people, fakeness/genuineness, etc., so the ending shouldn't undo that just because I don't like the cliched romance aspect, right? Yes, but also, no. The ending makes me feel like I was completely mistaken about what I was watching/reading prior to that -- I take a lot of pride in my reading abilities, so to completely miss the mark of what the author was trying to communicate is an uncomfortable feeling. I most definitely thought that the "something genuine" Hachiman was searching for was human relationships without any of the pretension that is part-and-parcel of most relationships in society, and therefore the central progress to the story was the tearing down of those social barriers between Yukino, Yui, and himself -- friends that he could be truly open and honest with. But the ending makes it clear that the "something genuine" he was searching for was, in fact, a girlfriend. That's already thematically iffy, but going by my mistaken interpretation, then, it would have been impossible for him to date either Yukino or Yui, because it would destroy the dynamics between the three of them that I thought made up the central arc of the series, but that's exactly what happened. So, I felt like the ending didn't connect to the central themes of the work, and disliked it on that basis. In retrospect, I was wrong about what the series was trying to communicate, which was why I liked it so much, so I'll have to go back and reevaluate the earlier stuff with the hindsight that it was typical romcom schlock all along. I saw somebody rebrand the title as, "My Youth Romantic Comedy is Normal, As I Expected," which is amusingly on-point.

Other than that, I am also disappointed that the side characters I liked so much amounted to essentially nothing. Aside from Yukino, who is an extremely typical standoffish, capable beauty who is revealed to be insecure and cutesy as the story goes along (I would estimate you find main girls like her in ~30% of similar works -- the defrosting ice queen trope. Probably another 30% are your violent/difficult tsunderes, and another 30% are saccharine, idealized waifu trash, leaving maybe ~10% featuring interesting characters, imo), I liked almost every character, but most of their interesting traits are hinted at and then dropped with little to no story relevance. Like, Yui was infinitely more interesting to me, as an obvious third wheel in a typical love triangle setup, as the girl who looked sweet but also said she wouldn't wait around doing nothing, was selfish and not nice, and would take everything -- but then proceeds to sit around until the ending is "set in stone" (her words). Ultimately, she's a yappy little dog following the main pairing around because she doesn't know any better, and they're just as well off without her. Hayama Hayato seemed so interesting -- the perfect guy from outward appearances, who nevertheless intentionally kept his relationships shallow, and felt an inferiority complex to someone who looks to be in much lower standing than he is, based on a traumatic incident with the main girl that informs why both of them are the way they are... but it's never elaborated upon, so we're kind of stuck just accepting these outlandish character traits of theirs as they're presented. In the end, his role seems to be a strawman to acknowledge that Hachiman is better than him. Iroha was cool, but even putting aside the anime favoritism, she got a lot of characterization and development and I thought hit on a lot of the central themes of the story, in terms of putting up a facade to hide her true self from others, and (seemingly) moving past her superficial draw to Hayama, but in the end, her role is doing a lot of farting around in the background and setting up the final obstacle for Hachiman/Yukino for reasons that are, again, not really brought to any kind of closure. I liked Haruno, but in hindsight, she's a plot-driving troll with no motivation who liked to swing around to drop esoteric nonsense on Hachiman and Yukino to keep them broody. I do think that Wataru was good at creating characters who were more than they seemed (e.g. Miura looking like a typical mean queen bee, but earnestly caring for her friends; Hina blatantly acting out the fujoshi role to hide her true self; Tobe's an idiot, but he earnestly means well most of the time) -- but that just makes the central plot suck much more, because it's much less than it seemed. And while I'm writing this to say how disappointed I am, I'd be remiss to not point out that the Hachiman/Komachi sibling dynamic was really great, even in retrospect.

TL;DR - expected too much out of romcom LN/anime, was let down
Oct 5, 2020 7:42 AM

Aug 2018
I thought i was going to end tragically for Yui, they did a very good job smoothing it out.
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Oct 5, 2020 11:33 AM

Oct 2013
Not a fan of Hachiman x Yukino pairing, why they did Yui like that she was literally the best girl in the entire series not because she's wholesome but cute af. I'd rather have Hachiman go on the solo route than picking Yukino, Poor Yui she deserved a better ending !

Yui was able to express her feelings in many ways, showing her cuteness and emotion to hachiman but the dude attracted to a awkwardly cute bish instead. 8man took the L

6/10
Oct 6, 2020 10:08 AM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
Hiratsuka x Hachiman Shippuden xD

Man, what an ending. Didn't like most of season 3 minus returning charas and character development but I did like the wrap up lol
3miLOct 6, 2020 10:51 AM
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ཐི♡ཋྀ «•«━━━━┙
Oct 7, 2020 5:11 AM

May 2009
Shizuka reminding us why she's best girl <3

Gonna miss this series.
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » to end the debate

Ghost_Davo - Yesterday

22 by Nirabu »»
49 minutes ago

» Yukinoshita yukino in her tuxedo :may I have this dance?

zx1234yousif - Sep 10

8 by Merrycreeef346 »»
Sep 24, 5:15 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cchigu - Aug 27, 2020

216 by Gerbian »»
Sep 1, 2:53 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 17, 2020

423 by topfloorboss45 »»
Aug 13, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jul 30, 2020

285 by topfloorboss45 »»
Aug 10, 8:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.