Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jul 11, 2020 6:31 AM

Apr 2009
Well isnt this our same Lord and Saviour Shiba Tatsuya only in His Own Demon King Form? LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 11, 2020 11:36 AM

Nov 2013
I'm surprised almost no one on the front page even talk about the butchered prolouge. Like, 2 minutes of bizzare prolouge just to show how absurd he is.
And apparently trashing a generic OP MC is somehow still cool in 2020.

Did Silver Link just revert people back to 2015 again?
GethemalotJul 11, 2020 11:48 AM
Jul 11, 2020 6:16 PM

Aug 2015
lmfao that was really bad to be honest. The writing is hilariously poor and that stupid grin of his had me laughing every time.

On a positive note though I really liked the visuals and the design / art style for that girl, she is beautiful!

I don't see this anime going anywhere with its story or writing where I can take it seriously but at least I can enjoy looking at an overpowered character roflstomping cocky people. And I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get some good laughs from this, I enjoy these type of things after all.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Jul 12, 2020 10:06 AM

Mar 2010
Lord ains has returned, twas great to see him just treat everyone like some beta kid.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 12, 2020 8:00 PM
Jul 2011
Straight to entrance exam huh
Jul 12, 2020 11:07 PM
Oct 2018
Another season, another failure. Same shit, different title. The Misfit of Demon King Academy is one of the most basic and generic power fantastic shows I have seen.

There is nothing about this show that stands out at all.
Jul 12, 2020 11:08 PM
Jun 2016
Not great tbh, I knew I usually hate shoes like this anyway but I wanted to give this a chance as I’m trying to find new anime to watch this season. So far just seems like a generic powerful MC and a subservient love interest which is typical in the genre; maybe I’ll come back later in the season and see if anything interesting has happened.
Jul 13, 2020 5:19 AM

Jan 2017
"If I kill you, you die" - That top Shirou level of dialogue, I laughed so hard at this...

Well, we are getting yet another OP AF MC that has a second chance at being the Demon Lord, 100% cliché but this time he has some ball to do the "bad thing".
Jul 13, 2020 2:08 PM

May 2018
Better than I expected!
Of course it's generic, but MC is charismatic enough, I hope he stays badass in the future episodes. Looking forward to some more of these 2000 year old jokes lol.
Misha is cute, that headpat was really wholesome. Waiting for the second girl.
MC's parents are hilarious.
5/5.
Jul 13, 2020 3:31 PM

Feb 2020
I like misha. She's cute

I love these kind of anime. Op protagonist is my guilty pleasure or something.

Kyoto Animation rocks
Jul 14, 2020 6:36 AM
Apr 2020
This is bad. Just another overpowered mc in a fantasy world but it has that "maou mc" cliche. Why was this animated? Is there a popular manga behind this? Why does this anime have such a high rating? Does the story get any better?
Jul 14, 2020 2:20 PM

Nov 2009
Just got around to watch this series, read some of the manga...

And yea, I noticed they skipped quite a few things, especially the comedic beginning of when MC was still a Demon King 2000 years ago and decide to reincarnate and when he was reborn 2000 years later as a baby and the interactions with his airheaded parents.

Feels like they're trying to make this a "more serious" type of anime instead of manga's comedy type.

___ ___ ___

Edit: I see, they moved some of the skipped into episode 2 instead.
amlgJul 14, 2020 2:34 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 18, 2020 3:04 AM

Mar 2012
From the first episode this is quite terrible. I don't get why the great Demon King has to go to school. Everything that happened at the academy is a typical isekai-fantasy setting. The main girl looks boring. And the show is just edgy with all the unnecessary blood splatter.
Jul 18, 2020 12:14 PM

Apr 2014
Didn't really like how the episode started and went about.
They didn't introduce the character well at the start.
Certain details got skipped out cause they decided to rush with him heading to the Academy at the start too :(

Other than the storyline decision, everything else is an okay~

(Judgement from reading the Manga a long time ago before this)

Hopefully later episodes are good!
Jul 19, 2020 1:34 AM
Sep 2019
not as bad as what i was expecting. kinda expected it to be a slightly better version of isekai maou. but it's not. it's way better. a solid 7/10
Jul 20, 2020 11:40 AM

Mar 2020
Goddamn this was some boring generic garbage. thought it would at least be funny smh
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jul 20, 2020 4:58 PM
Jun 2013
I know that I am about 2 weeks behind, but from the looks of it, they took somethings from the Harry Potter books and movies, I mean the owls that deliver the invites to several people including the main character.
Jul 21, 2020 7:53 AM

Oct 2016
Didn't expect to enjoy this as much as I did, but I sure as hell really enjoyed it. Having a no bullshit MC is a nice change of pace.
Jul 23, 2020 7:16 PM
Mar 2020
Tachi27 said:
in this anime there is ecchi or something like that where you can see the shorts, swimsuit, underwear, naked in the bathroom and in pajamas

No that isn't ecchi just fan service...
Jul 24, 2020 2:27 AM
Aug 2018
Just_A_Norm said:
Tachi27 said:
in this anime there is ecchi or something like that where you can see the shorts, swimsuit, underwear, naked in the bathroom and in pajamas

No that isn't ecchi just fan service...

How hataraku Maou sama?
Jul 26, 2020 12:29 AM

Apr 2013
"Genres: Action, Demons, Magic, Fantasy, School" my ass. This is parody comedy
Jul 26, 2020 1:41 AM
Jun 2015
Tyranth said:
"Genres: Action, Demons, Magic, Fantasy, School" my ass. This is parody comedy

blame silver link for that because the real genre is just action, magic, fantasy and some graphic violence
Jul 26, 2020 5:45 PM

Jul 2014
Quite an interesting show from the demon king. Would continue watching it for sure
Jul 28, 2020 3:55 PM

Jul 2020
Ok that was decent first episode.

Didn't think that the overpowered MC generic trope would make giggle this much. Anos really like making old jokes huh?

The art is not that special but it delivers when it needs to.

And Misha is super cute with that kuudere personality ngl.

I accept random friend requests!
Jul 29, 2020 6:29 PM
Jul 2020
Anime yang seru dan menarik
Jul 31, 2020 8:13 PM

May 2019
hahaha, this is totally a parody.

Btw, the 1st episode so far:

"BEHOLD weaklings, i'm the reincarnation of the DEMON LORD who ruled this world and i can prove it bringing despair, astonishment and mayhem of powers you didn't see in 2.000 years!

What you have to say?

"your badge... it is weird"
Jul 31, 2020 10:25 PM

Dec 2018
I can’t tell if this is satire or not. I mean he practically killed a guy with his heartbeat! HIS FUCKING HEARTBEAT!
Aug 3, 2020 1:10 PM

Dec 2012
Solid 8/10
No bullshits. OP MC. Nice art style

Aug 3, 2020 1:13 PM

Jan 2020
Ngl, I really liked the first ep

That heartbeat attack was soo OVERKILL and I loved it lol. Lookign forward to seeing the next few eps
Aug 5, 2020 1:43 PM

May 2015
Ok I can already tell Im gonna love this. Best girl has already been found and solidified as well lol.

The pace is a bit quick but it should be fine after this episode.

I love how this episode went from "Eww wtf" when he was murdering the dude over and over again like in Overlord to, "Awww, this is so wholesome and cute" with the family section.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 5, 2020 5:02 PM

May 2020
Holy shit *heart beat* , that MC is *heart beat* amazing *heart beat* 4 sure
Aug 10, 2020 10:45 PM

Dec 2014
Kotomine Kirei is narrating?

AOTY
Aug 12, 2020 7:04 PM
May 2020
An instant drop for me. It's way too generic, cliche, cringe and predictable. Animation and art looks decent but the story? Meh. T
Aug 16, 2020 1:11 AM

Aug 2018
Oh yeah this one is going be a good anime for sure
the animation looks great and I like the mc he is a badass
this is good Shit 8/10 great episode
Aug 20, 2020 1:23 PM

Dec 2008
At first it almost seemed too close to low middle fantasy Harry Potter...and I found those movies decent. Thank goodness the similarity is slowing fading lol
Finally...I have waited decades for a simple, overpowered, true demon lord show like this. Hell even the "bad guy" demon lords that were the final enemy in shows or manga have not held up to this guy. Legit!
Everything else I can remember in the last 20+ years in this type of setting or similar scenario has been lesser or straight trash by comparison. Looking at you Overlord! Behold a real DARK LORD!
Aug 20, 2020 9:25 PM

Mar 2019
I didnt watch it when it started....

And now that i watched ep1.. i did right.

Dropped....... Best & Only good Part = Crazy Lovely Mom...

Now my question is: How this piece of trash is rated 7.4? ... Even a 6.0 is high for this... So ill give it a 5/10.

Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Aug 20, 2020 10:44 PM
Jun 2015
YuyoGzm said:
I didnt watch it when it started....

And now that i watched ep1.. i did right.

Dropped....... Best & Only good Part = Crazy Lovely Mom...

Now my question is: How this piece of trash is rated 7.4? ... Even a 6.0 is high for this... So ill give it a 5/10.

maybe people feel it is rare to see demon lord act as demon lord and mistaken it as isekai anime
Aug 22, 2020 11:57 PM

Jun 2020
i actually REALLY liked this first episode & i loved the art & the character designs!! they all looked great

tatsuhisa suzuki's VA ichiban as always. enjoyed the VA!

misha is so cute LOL i can't believe she just stood there next to him unfazed throughout the entire thing with the royals

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 5, 2020 3:55 PM
Feb 2018
great dub and the voice cast it very good
Sep 9, 2020 3:49 AM

Oct 2009
wao.. he is so OP
wao.. he is only one month old

will there even be opponent for him?

that classroom introduction tho.. lol
Sep 14, 2020 11:11 AM
Aug 2018
I understand the goal of the author to quickly want to establish Anos as overpowered but it led to forced situation and forced character interaction.

First, you got Zepes just waiting (for what reason except plot ?) so he can decide in less than one second he needs to kill two people in front of ten witness in front of the school he is supposed to join. What if Anos was not overpowered ? Did Zepes kill them and then go to enjoy his life without any consequence ?

Then, coincidence (of course), Zepes is the guy Anos needs to fight. Sure. Why not ? (lazy writing ? probably). Anos decide to kill the guy just by snapping his finger then ressucite the guy (seems students did not even know about resurrection spell), then Zepes get killed 4 times (for a total of five times). And not even a teacher try to stop the fight ? Sure, make senses. No referee, nothing, just people getting to school and killing each other.

Zepes get killed 5 times (traumatic experience ?) but hey, the same night he's trying to kill Anos like nothing happen. Zepes's brother behaviour make no sense but hey, just trying to make them as bad guy as possible as quickly as possible so we don't pity them when Anos destroy them.

What about Misha ? Anos barely talked with her and he's just casually bringing her to diner ? Seems a little too "forced".

I think that's the problem with this anime. Individual motivation don't make sense. And come on, it's not that hard. I can come up with something better in less than 5 minutes (hopefully) while keeping every main point.

First, instead of having Zepes wait, make him walk and overhear Anos name while he's talking with Misha. Then, he said "I know who you are" ; Anos think someone has already figured out his real identidy but turns out Zepes knows he has to duel Anos "You are... my next victim". So, with arrogance, he flashs his flame to make Anos fear him, telling Anos he should forfeit the fight because he has no way of winning against a noble. Anos shenanigan happen with him canceling the flame.

Zepes realizing he has no chance of winning use his connection to change his opponent and win (and enter the school). Anos win his fight easily but against someone "not noble" so everyone just think his opponent was weak. Zepes and Anos are accepted in the school, Zepes try to "impress" Anos during the school but he's ridiculized so after a few days, noticing Misha is getting closer to Anos, he kidnap her with four guys (outside of school) and ask Anos to come otherwise she'll "suffer". Anos come, destroy the other four guys and then ask Zepes "You're the leader, right ? A leader needs to take responsability... I'll let you live but you need to experience death so that you never are tempted to think you can hurt my friends without consequences." and he kills and ressucite Zepes five time.

Misha is still not "feeling well" after her kidnapping so Anos offer her to have diner time together and then to bring her back home. Misha say "it's not your fault", Anos say "they targeted you because you are my friends, that's the least I could do". While we spend some time with the funny wife and husband, Zepes has been lying to his older brother telling him he's been ambushed by Anos so Zepes brother wants to get vengeance.

When Anos is bringing Misha back home, he has to fight them. Zepes is a mess, he can't even look Anos in the eyes, the consequence of experience death so many times so quickly. None of the shenaningan between his brother killing him needs to happen since killing someone just to ressucite them is meaningless.

This way you avoid most of the problem with the school not protecting students and you can keep Anos "true power" hidden for most people.

Just saying if you focus a little more on the character instead of focusing on "how to get as quick as possible on the next savage moment for Anos", you can have a much more believable story.

Rukodaime91Sep 14, 2020 11:20 AM
Sep 15, 2020 12:56 PM
Jul 2020
Looks promising, MC is a badass and Misha's voice is quite calming. Can't wait to see her backstory.
Sep 17, 2020 4:03 PM
Sep 2020
Awesome this is great Anime mc is op great story and everything is great can't wait season 2
Sep 22, 2020 7:13 PM
Oct 2019
Starts out great when he keeps weening that one chump. Grew a little concerned when I realized he was crazy OP and seemingly invincible. (Obviously shows like this need *some* type of conflict/competent antagonist.)

But pretty enjoyable overall. 8/10 first impression.

The English VA for Misha is too soft-spoken for my liking, but hopefully her character is at least interesting. Currently it's TBD.

If the previous demon king defeated all the other races, do they still exist or were they wiped out completely? Because why is there this pure blood/hybrid distinction?
Sep 23, 2020 11:14 PM

Dec 2015
Not a bad start, but I couldn't shake the feeling that this was episode 2 or even 3. This show's start is way too fast. But anyway, I'm gonna see where this goes.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 6, 2020 8:34 PM
Oct 2020
ML too OP, first half of episode 1 already feel to drop. After finishing the 1st episode, it's definitely a drop.
Oct 14, 2020 5:12 PM

Aug 2017
What a first episode, I guess Anos was reborn and is controlling his parents. The battle against the generic brothers is more style than substance and it turned out quite well. The series has a rather curious humor that its not forced or random. Anos is surprisingly hot for this type of anime, niceeee.

The only thing I find odd is Misha's personality, everything doesn't matter to her and she doesn't question what's going on.
NurguburuOct 14, 2020 6:44 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 15, 2020 7:39 AM
Jun 2015
Nurguburu said:
What a first episode, I guess Anos was reborn and is controlling his parents. The battle against the generic brothers is more style than substance and it turned out quite well. The series has a rather curious humor that its not forced or random. Anos is surprisingly hot for this type of anime, niceeee.

The only thing I find odd is Misha's personality, everything doesn't matter to her and she doesn't question what's going on.

"controlling his parents"? lol
Oct 15, 2020 8:25 AM

Aug 2017
Rizki_Diablo said:
Nurguburu said:

"controlling his parents"? lol

I mean, they never questioned about Anos growing up from a baby to a normal guy in 1 month and they act strange. Unless it is something of little importance to the plot that's what i could speculate from the first episode.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 15, 2020 5:57 PM
Jun 2015
Nurguburu said:

I mean, they never questioned about Anos growing up from a baby to a normal guy in 1 month and they act strange. Unless it is something of little importance to the plot that's what i could speculate from the first episode.

well, his mother is "heavy" daydreamer and his father is "more than just" a stupid so it can't be helped. but if we follow the real background from the wn, then we will see that both of them is "reincarnated person", if not then it is almost impossible to give birth to anos

fun fact, the writer always try to find "the truth" from his setting despite it is not exist in the first place of create it moreover the theme is "reincarnation", not like other cheap isekai or "reincarnation setting" series, this series is the only one that try to pursue "the beginning of reincarnation"
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Syureria - Aug 1, 2020

104 by WienGirl »»
May 18, 5:25 AM

» Finally a protagonist who....

Sch4n - Apr 30

37 by Reevansingh21 »»
May 4, 3:29 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 26, 2020

280 by alexandrepv »»
May 2, 3:06 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2020

115 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2020

123 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 4:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.