Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 23, 2019 8:37 PM
Jul 2018
ramdit said:
RealTheAbsurdist said:
The comedy suddenly became really obnoxious, corny, and cringe in this episode. I'm glad that Joro is still kind of a dick. However, it's clear that this series wants to have its cake and eat it too: one one hand, it wants to be a twisted romcom that shakes things up, but on the other, it's clearly headed for a conventional direction where the MC will end up having a harem. I find it unbelievable how they can forgive Sun after everything he did, especially when he nearly raped Pansy.

Wait, you read the light novel? You can confirm this is true?? Dang. In that case, should we drop the anime? Or will other exciting things happen.

My thoughts exactly.

I mean, deep down, Joro seems to have some good in him, but it's a level of good that literally 90% of people have. It's ridiculous how someone could fall in love with someone because they once saw them helping out their friend. Actual romance is more complicated than that: people fall in love with others, usually, because not only are they attractive, but they have good chemistry. Joro and Pansy's chemistry is...barely there. Like, they don't have any common interests, their dialogue with each other revolves around a main conflict, rather than personnel interests, just like most romance anime.
ramdit said:
he has a long troubled past with pansy, a childhood friend of her. his character is on par with joro, but have two-faced personality
RealTheAbsurdist said:
The comedy suddenly became really obnoxious, corny, and cringe in this episode. I'm glad that Joro is still kind of a dick. However, it's clear that this series wants to have its cake and eat it too: one one hand, it wants to be a twisted romcom that shakes things up, but on the other, it's clearly headed for a conventional direction where the MC will end up having a harem. I find it unbelievable how they can forgive Sun after everything he did, especially when he nearly raped Pansy.

Wait, you read the light novel? You can confirm this is true?? Dang. In that case, should we drop the anime? Or will other exciting things happen.

My thoughts exactly.

I mean, deep down, Joro seems to have some good in him, but it's a level of good that literally 90% of people have. It's ridiculous how someone could fall in love with someone because they once saw them helping out their friend. Actual romance is more complicated than that: people fall in love with others, usually, because not only are they attractive, but they have good chemistry. Joro and Pansy's chemistry is...barely there. Like, they don't have any common interests, their dialogue with each other revolves around a main conflict, rather than personnel interests, just like most romance anime.
well tbh, it will turn into a harem, joro already said that in episode 4 dude's craving for it, but is it gonna be that easy tho? i think that's the twist

If this series will turn into a harem, then I genuinely hope it will feel earned. 99% of harems I've seen, the MC just does typical nice things for the girls, and they suddenly love him.
Oct 23, 2019 8:41 PM
May 2019
RealTheAbsurdist said:
ramdit said:
well tbh, it will turn into a harem, joro already said that in episode 4 dude's craving for it, but is it gonna be that easy tho? i think that's the twist

If this series will turn into a harem, then I genuinely hope it will feel earned. 99% of harems I've seen, the MC just does typical nice things for the girls, and they suddenly love him.
i hope that 1% is for oresuki (i lowkey hoping for this too)
Oct 23, 2019 9:10 PM

Jan 2013
red flag so far for me is, mc is always such a when it comes to Sun-chan...and honestly i'd be like "fuck em" if i'd ever entertain the thought of forgiving. then again im not mc so eh. lol at least he's still a conniving scumbag (in a funny way) at the end

and Himawari got extra annoying to me here
dannymilkOct 23, 2019 9:13 PM
Oct 23, 2019 9:18 PM

Oct 2015
This series had the potential to be one of the greats, but now I feel like they don't know what to do with it anymore. All over the place, is what I can describe it now.

I hope it will improve.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 23, 2019 9:27 PM

Dec 2009
LMAO THIS FUCKIN GUY

And fucking Cosmos going all yandere HAHAHA
Why is this anime so fucking genius at execution ROFLMAO

Goddamn Cosmos is getting fuckloads of charm points omg... She's fucking nuts i love it. She's catching up to Pansy, holy fuck.

This fucking guy.

Man this shit had me laughing until my eyes watered.
The progression of this series is pretty great. Sorta like Gamers! was, it's totally chaotic, but also has a direction. As insane as it may seem, every point does lead up to another, jus tin the most over-the-top way you could imagine. Last time i laughed this good was when Kaguya-sama was airing, exceeding my expectations at every turn.
...I wonder if Pansy is on-board with him going harem route, or if she is gonna try and manipulate him out of it XD
GenesisAriaOct 23, 2019 9:44 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 23, 2019 9:44 PM

Nov 2011
God Damn I was laughing a lot in this episode. The make up with Joro and Himawari as he just keeps saying "Bitch Bitch Bitch". Cosmos and her Romantic Comedy skit had me crying!
Joro's banter with Asunaro when he picked her to be one of the Heroines in the dance.
And of course the ending with his ideal Harem lol.
As always his back and forth with pansy was great.

The sweet moment was when He ate Pansy's muffin and she was THRILLED. I thought his response of "I now have another reason to come back here" was pretty cool.
There was that part that had me worried when Pansy was talking about having a lot of friends so Joro wouldn't be lonely and he asked if she knew about that from experience.
She clearly was upset when he said that and the good thing is he knew it was wrong which led into him eating the muffin. Little moments like that make me like this anime more and more.

Pansy was happy which makes me happy =)

Major props to the VA's as well. They honestly give these characters that little bit of extra which makes them more enjoyable.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 23, 2019 10:02 PM
Jan 2016
Joro managed to make up with everyone , and the group are close as ever!

Cosmos's part was hilarious!

Newspaper's girl was introduced, and by tha pos ending, bad new are coming!
Oct 23, 2019 10:11 PM
May 2019
what i hoped for next episode: we get to see pansy visiting joro's house and also joro's mom, the escalating conflict between joro and asunaro, after i read the ln man asunaro is one sneaky girl
Oct 23, 2019 10:34 PM

Dec 2015
I'm REALLY not excited for next week's episode. Shit's gonna hurt, I just know it.
Oct 23, 2019 10:45 PM
Feb 2017
ramdit said:
RealTheAbsurdist said:

My thoughts exactly.

ramdit said:
he has a long troubled past with pansy, a childhood friend of her. his character is on par with joro, but have two-faced personality
RealTheAbsurdist said:

My thoughts exactly.

Thanks for the reply
i do not think it will turn out like he wants it to
i read the the Manga after ep 4 the drama there proves that this is not normal anime where Harem or Ecchi or silly things happen it tries to be somehow realistic and there is twists happening like Sun-chan being a Jerk and so on
so yeah i am optimistic it will not turn to silly Harem Anime
Oct 24, 2019 2:36 AM

Nov 2015
have to change the speed to 1.5x this show moves slow.

💢

Oct 24, 2019 3:13 AM

Sep 2013
urgh, i got problem with this episode, why the hell MC the one who try to befriend the other. It should be the other way right the MC got harmed and the other should try apologize and befriend him again
Oct 24, 2019 3:47 AM

Dec 2010
If I saw Sakura-tan in real life doing what she did this episode, I would just call her a drama queen for all that.

Oct 24, 2019 4:04 AM
May 2019
Gare said:
urgh, i got problem with this episode, why the hell MC the one who try to befriend the other. It should be the other way right the MC got harmed and the other should try apologize and befriend him again
it's true tho especially after what's he's been through, maybe the writer wants to see the MC suffer
Oct 24, 2019 4:11 AM

Nov 2015
@booyah10 that scene in the stairs right? yeah i didn't expect he do what she requested :P irl there are girls like her and men should react and not do the stupid shit she ask for in order to forgive you or whatever. they should be avoided at all costs. drama queen.

💢

Oct 24, 2019 4:29 AM

Jul 2017
MC Joro still wants his harem, but Pansy smells a sinister plot way ahead of time. Like, give the guy a break!

And that new girl is Asunaro a.k.a the school's social media. Oh great, another screwed-up character.

Joro on the verge of reconciliation to Himawari and Taiyo, (almost) minus Cosmos. It's illegal to forget about someone who's part ordained in this. What a way to entice Cosmos with her fancy imagination.

READY TO RESTART THAT HAREM DREAM??? That is still a long way to go for Joro. But some "Charlie Hebdo" content is coming up to twist Joro's life once again...

I have absolutely no idea what this series wants to achieve now that the 1st arc is done. Guess this could be open-ended in speculation.
KANLen09Oct 24, 2019 4:39 AM
Oct 24, 2019 4:32 AM

Oct 2017
Nice they all made up and things went back to normal. Also that last part lol looks like Joro's in for more trouble.
Oct 24, 2019 4:39 AM

Aug 2013
4th wall break ftw

But...making up with these three morons? I mean sure the girls for the memes but Sun? Wtf series really? This dude was about to rape a bitch last episode and we're supposed to let the protag, who heard all the shit btw, just let bygones be bygones? What the absolute fuck? And...the MC wants to be a harem protag? Mofo, you are trying to wear Issei Hyoudou's suit!

Now I want the MC to suffer. Pansy is too good for this series. The next 8 weeks are going to me wishing every awful turn of events to this dude actually comes true. It peaked after episode 3.
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 24, 2019 5:01 AM

Nov 2015
RealTheAbsurdist said:
I find it unbelievable how they can forgive Sun after everything he did, especially when he nearly raped Pansy.

DedPanda said:
This dude was about to rape a bitch last episode and we're supposed to let the protag, who heard all the shit btw, just let bygones be bygones?

huh? are we watching the same show i didn't feel like the MC assaulted her. He stood up there like an absolute moron imo

💢

Oct 24, 2019 5:24 AM
May 2019
KANLen09 said:
MC Joro still wants his harem, but Pansy smells a sinister plot way ahead of time. Like, give the guy a break!

And that new girl is Asunaro a.k.a the school's social media. Oh great, another screwed-up character.

Joro on the verge of reconciliation to Himawari and Taiyo, (almost) minus Cosmos. It's illegal to forget about someone who's part ordained in this. What a way to entice Cosmos with her fancy imagination.

READY TO RESTART THAT HAREM DREAM??? That is still a long way to go for Joro. But some "Charlie Hebdo" content is coming up to twist Joro's life once again...

I have absolutely no idea what this series wants to achieve now that the 1st arc is done. Guess this could be open-ended in speculation.
the first arc is called the confession arc, the next one is called the kabuten arc
Oct 24, 2019 5:32 AM
Jan 2019
Joro-Kun is really a king of scumbags
his interior motive disgusts me but it was fun to see them they made up already
the new girl is a mystery for me but it's getting interesting
going to low down my score
Oct 24, 2019 5:33 AM

Sep 2013
After reading manga, It feels rushed. So many scenes skipped. Also the last scene wasn't present. The anime is trying to show him as a scumbag eh
DrunkWaspOct 24, 2019 5:38 AM
Oct 24, 2019 5:37 AM

Aug 2013
Red-Berry-Vodka said:
RealTheAbsurdist said:
I find it unbelievable how they can forgive Sun after everything he did, especially when he nearly raped Pansy.

DedPanda said:
This dude was about to rape a bitch last episode and we're supposed to let the protag, who heard all the shit btw, just let bygones be bygones?

huh? are we watching the same show i didn't feel like the MC assaulted her. He stood up there like an absolute moron imo

we're referring to Sun-chan
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 24, 2019 6:43 AM

Mar 2019
Everything was fine , going smoothly, peaceful ...
Until they put a cliffhanger in the end .

Cmon, I know it will makes us wait even more for the next episode but waiting 7 days is like hell :(
And I am starting to get a scary vibe ..

Oct 24, 2019 7:10 AM
Apr 2015
This is a one of a kind romance comedy we don't get to watch every season which is probably why some people can't like the way the story goes. This isn't a romance comedy with a dense main character who's almost the utmost epitome of nicest guy type of characters, this portrays a more realistic approach of while the MC does have his fair moments of being a nice guy, he still fantasizes about something scummy which is honestly all of us does. You can't tell me we never fantasized about our pretty friends falling for us and sometimes doing our best to make them fall for us in the process. This is why the "friendzone" meme came out to be.
We all have our scummy parts, not everything is sunny and peace. This series shows that, probably why people can't seem to accept it, because we see one of our worst parts in the show.
I for one love this so much, the last time I had this much fun with a genre like this is oregairu and that was during my edgy teen phase which I now realize was plain dumb and pretentious.
Pansy is best!
Oct 24, 2019 7:19 AM

Jun 2014
Joro is a god. What a lad.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2019 8:49 AM

Feb 2016
Lmaooooooooooooooo
Oct 24, 2019 8:53 AM

Jun 2015
I don't know about you guys, but I like Cosmos... I mean, LOOK AT HER!! (I also like Pansy tho)

YosepRAOct 24, 2019 8:59 AM
Oct 24, 2019 9:14 AM

May 2018
Man, I like this MC guy. While too many school romcom anime got a standard lucky dense MC guy, this anime got this straight to the point guy. At least we know behind his kindness, he actually a guy like us, who loves sexy girls. Nice work Oresuki.

Another girl join the screentime. From what they spoiled in last minute, this girl... might be another a**hole who want to ruined Jorou once again. Of course, I'm waiting another "Detective Pansy Time", I hope.
Oct 24, 2019 10:04 AM

Jun 2013
This new girl is not messing around
Oct 24, 2019 10:27 AM
Mar 2018
SSL443 said:
A little disappointed in this episode, although the first three were a tough act to follow in fairness. It just seemed pedestrian after the 10000 IQ 4D chess of episode 3. Also, I'm not a fan of this turning into a harem; it doesn't make sense when the lead girl is so perfect. It's a combination of Sanshokuin basically being wish fulfillment material, and the main character not responding accordingly because that's what the story needs him to do.

It's understandable to think like that because they really are downplaying some of her lines when interacting with him in the anime. She generally treats him verbally like dirt and is a creepy stalker to boot, plus she used her stunning looks to get him to go to the library everyday in the hopes of seeing her like that again, so he is a bit justified in not liking her personality all that much. Were the genders reversed no one would blame the girl for not liking her stalker, tbf

I mean, personally I like her and love their banter, she is definitely my fav waifu this season, but Joro's position is also understandable somewhat. At least it's less idiotic than him wanting to befriend everyone like a tard after they treated him like shit, specially Sun-chan
Oct 24, 2019 10:42 AM

Jun 2019
Dilly1185 said:
uhh how did everyone in the show forgive sun-chan/ forgot about how he legit tried to rape a girl the last episode.....

Did you think that was Sun-chan was threatening as I wasn't sure. I couldn't tell if he was threatening Pansy with straight forward violence or sexual violence, ie rape. Whichever it was a dick move on his part. I suppose as long as Pansy forgives him then the other girls have to as well.

I've got a sneaky suspicion that the whole motivation for Pansy is going to be something we don't see coming. She's manipulating everyone around her like strings on a loom, weaving it to her desire. I'm not even sure that her end goal is Joro now, unless she wants him to see that the other girls are superficial and that she is the best person for him, so she needs to let him discover this for himself. We'll see.
Oct 24, 2019 10:45 AM

Oct 2018
I didn't know Akari was in this.
Oct 24, 2019 11:07 AM

May 2015
And... now I lost interest in this show.

Pretty much boring episode. Yeah, it was a set-up for future shenanigans but I'm not sure I want to see them anymore. These characters aren't exactly pleasent, I can't cheer for the MC either. It's supposed to have a comedic effect but the comedy fell flat here as well.
Oct 24, 2019 1:42 PM

Jan 2014
This series is seriously great, and man do I love Joro still being a scumbag (even if a good guy at heart), Deku voicing him makes that feel a lot better imo.

And man did I have a laugh at his delusions.
Oct 24, 2019 2:05 PM

Aug 2018
Yeah this episode was definitely too bright & shiny, another drama will happen soon enough !
Oct 24, 2019 2:44 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Somehow the MC managed to save his so called harem. Let's see how long before he mess it up again.
Oct 24, 2019 3:32 PM

May 2015
I love how series are finding new ways to subvert the genres that have gotten way too saturated. Joro is such a good main character XD. It seems he hasnt given up on the harem LMAO.

Its interesting to see the complete reverse of a harem anime where the main character wants one but doesnt get one instead of the normal doesnt want one but gets one. I personally have gotten sick of harems so this is such a breath of fresh air. I couldnt stop smiling the entire episode.

It'll be interesting to see why the reporter girl wants to get at Joro.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 24, 2019 4:08 PM

Jun 2016
Oct 24, 2019 5:25 PM
May 2017
Four episodes in and the main conflict has alredy ended. It's gonna be fun to see the writers attempt to drag this out for another 8 episodes.
Oct 24, 2019 5:27 PM

Dec 2007
I want this to have the most serious harem ending that any anime has ever had.
Oct 24, 2019 5:42 PM
Jan 2019
As if it were so easy to reconcile after having lived that, at least not for me. I must admit that I am disappointed, but also happy. Pansy's words and advice were a great help to Joro. I can't believe he continues to treat her that way after all the love and support she has shown him. I take Sun's words by saying "You don't know what you have until you lose it." This episode was a big blow to pride after seeing the previous episode, but I'm glad for them. I don't know if Joro is naive or a fool, what I'm sure of is that he's a pervert, but also that he and Pansy are good people.
Oct 24, 2019 7:52 PM
Jan 2012
This episode solidified how much I have to shut off my brain to enjoy this. On one hand yeah, I shouldn't like this main character, Sun-chan is a piece of shit that would have done something irredeemable had he not gotten stopped, and the two other girls are manipulative.

On the other hand, their back and forth are fun, the main character is a scumbag but an entertaining one. The flaws are right there, but if I shut my brain off and ignore those flaws I have a decently good time.

I hope whatever it is that's coming from that end scene isn't just a rehashed version of this first arc but with a different character as the cause, because this is a somewhat fun anime but can easily become just typical seasonal crap
Oct 24, 2019 9:33 PM

Mar 2019
First good minutes, then just mneh...

Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Oct 25, 2019 12:13 AM

Apr 2018
Cool, they become friends again after what happened. Dafuq, didn't think Joro would be a pervert lmao
Oct 25, 2019 2:32 AM

Feb 2019
ramdit said:
RealTheAbsurdist said:

My thoughts exactly.

ramdit said:
RealTheAbsurdist said:

My thoughts exactly.

nothing as good as the first 3 eps.
Oct 25, 2019 3:51 AM
Jun 2017
good episode as Joro has been able to be friends with them... and Pansy too become their friends. yeah
Oct 25, 2019 4:14 AM

Aug 2012
Reconcile scenes were so damn cringe. Also fuck sun chan. The things he did are unforgivable.
Oct 25, 2019 6:19 AM
Nov 2018
All I want to know is what's up with Japan and not taking bullying seriously. Like in every anime i've watched, bullies usually never face consequences or the MC quickly forgives them and everyone forgets what the bully did. I honestly think Asia needs to take certain shit more seriously and stop trying to act like it's something you can easily forgive
Oct 25, 2019 12:06 PM

Dec 2014
It become love com...at the end of the episode...hhahahaah nice
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2019

124 by Lniir »»
Sep 2, 4:53 PM

» Ore wo suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo season 2 release date?

bschath - Sep 9, 2020

8 by lvphatll »»
Jul 26, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

235 by warprince_here »»
Jun 13, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2019

260 by Koumazoku »»
May 10, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2019

111 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 28, 7:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.