Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Sep 25, 2019 4:17 AM
Jul 2019
Danganronpa (the first one at least, haven't seen the rest yet).

The game series is my current favorite, so I was glad to see that there was an anime adaptation of it.
However, this adaptation is purely just "the game but animated", and even then the animations are pretty basic. Even the cutscenes look better in the game than in the anime (in my opinion, at least). Not to mention that 12 episodes is far too short to capture everything that happens in the game properly.

I would love to see an adaptation where it actually deviates from the game, aside from the major plot parts of course.
Sep 25, 2019 4:50 AM
Jan 2019
code geass with complete story because of the 4 movies and 2 seasons it's still incomplete. i want to know what's behind the power f geass and why c.c and the other geass holder. where the geass came from.
Sep 25, 2019 4:56 AM
Jan 2017
Black Jack. Something like what HxH got would be really nice.
Sep 25, 2019 5:00 AM
Apr 2016
Soul Eater, purely just because I want to see Noah in anime form

Sep 25, 2019 9:07 AM
Jul 2018
Berserk, again. Please, done well this time. All adaptations have been lacking in some form so far.
Sep 25, 2019 9:44 AM

Jun 2016
Pandora Hearts.
I'll continue to give the same answer to every topic with this question.
Sep 25, 2019 9:47 AM

Mar 2018
Ouran High School Host Club needs a reboot like fruits basket has where they adapt the whole manga.
Sep 25, 2019 9:48 AM

Aug 2009
Berserk and Spice and Wolf probably

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Sep 25, 2019 10:06 AM

Jul 2019
In My Opinion, Rurouni Kenshin, Rosario to Vampire, Bleach, Because those're need to update visually, add the final arc. especially for Rurouni kenshin and Bleach.

Sep 25, 2019 11:19 AM

Feb 2014
Blue exorcist, Cardcaptor Sakura, Soul Eater...
"Anyone can love a thing because. That's as easy as putting a penny in your pocket.
But to love something despite. To know the flaws and love them too. That is rare and pure and perfect.”

― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear
Sep 25, 2019 11:58 AM

Jun 2019
Animes that need a reboot:

- Kuroshitsuji
- X/1999
- Chaos;Head
- Zankyou no Terror
- Kure-nai
- Boogiepop
- DNAngel
- Trinity Blood
- Robotic;Notes
- Occultic;Nine
- Cop Craft

Animes that need a remake:

- Serial Experiments Lain
- Blood+
- Kanata no Astra
- Youjo Senki
Sep 25, 2019 12:04 PM
Jul 2017
Tokyo Ghoul & TG:re. Fuck Studio Pierrot honestly. Also, obviusly Berserk
Sep 25, 2019 12:17 PM

May 2018
Utena could really benefit from one. Wouldn't mind a Soul Eater reboot as well.
Sep 25, 2019 12:17 PM

Dec 2010
Soul Eater( to adapt all of the manga)
Shaman King(to adapt all of the manga)
Sep 25, 2019 3:30 PM

Oct 2013
I would love to see a remake of Umineko no Naku Koro ni with another studio and Umineko Chiru fully adapted as well.

The only good things that Studio Deen did were the opening and the choice of VA cast...
Sep 25, 2019 3:36 PM

Sep 2010
Ehta said:
Mobile Suit Gundam. The only reason I haven't watched it yet it because of how old it is. Not saying I can't stand the artstyle or anything, it's just that it feels too old.

I feel like it could be something better if remade or rebooted.

Well I watched the original and the trilogy movies. It is really old, but I think it would be cool to see it in todays visuals just look at how good Origins was which is pretty much mostly prequel to the first Gundam series. I think a remake would really sale

Pandora Hearts,07 Ghost, Tsubasa Chronicles, and Ouran getting the Fruits Basket treatment.

Full Moon wo Sagashite that actually follows the manga with it being 35 chapters 22~24 episodes would be enough.

I can't really think of any more cause the anime I watched tend to mostly follow the manga with some fillers or changes here and there.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 25, 2019 3:53 PM

Aug 2018
I wanna see serial experiments lain being remade with better animation and maybe change a few things to make it fit better in our time, similar to what devilman crybaby did
Sep 25, 2019 3:56 PM

Oct 2017
Maybe Berserk(?... Berserk is a manga Seinen, show Frames sometimes complex until violations very explicit , it would be very difficult to adapt to a anime showing this without censorship-chan
Sep 25, 2019 3:58 PM
Sep 2018
kmohyudin said:
One Piece... wait, hear me out!!

Its anime adaptation is the worst thing about the franchise (well apart from some godawful movies).

Pick up the pace, update visuals and animation, cut out all the unnecessary filler, and it might help a lot of new folks to get into the series.

1) they can't pick up the pace with the source material unfinished and releasing once a week like the anime, 2) the animation and visuals are at their best with the wano arc and are improving more and more as it continues, 3) the filler arcs only last 3 or 4 episodes (the last bit of filler for the new movie was only 2 episodes) and some of the filler arcs are very good. so whilst i get you opinion of one piece needing a remake. there is no point with how long it is and how rushed a remake would be getting through development and the source material, plus some of your points are flawed when you don't take into consideration all the stuff i pointed out.
Sep 25, 2019 5:01 PM

Dec 2018
i dont know, maybe claymore. Basically nothing happened in the anime and it had such a terribly rushed ending like why. Remake it, but modern
Sep 25, 2019 6:47 PM
Jun 2019
prophet_dan said:
kmohyudin said:
One Piece... wait, hear me out!!

Its anime adaptation is the worst thing about the franchise (well apart from some godawful movies).

Pick up the pace, update visuals and animation, cut out all the unnecessary filler, and it might help a lot of new folks to get into the series.

1) they can't pick up the pace with the source material unfinished and releasing once a week like the anime, 2) the animation and visuals are at their best with the wano arc and are improving more and more as it continues, 3) the filler arcs only last 3 or 4 episodes (the last bit of filler for the new movie was only 2 episodes) and some of the filler arcs are very good. so whilst i get you opinion of one piece needing a remake. there is no point with how long it is and how rushed a remake would be getting through development and the source material, plus some of your points are flawed when you don't take into consideration all the stuff i pointed out.

I like your list style, so allow me to copy it :P

1. Even at a reasonable pace of 2.5 to 3 chapters per episode, it will take the anime around 7-8 years to get to where the manga currently is. Of course, that assumes constant adaptation of 2.5 to 3 chapters which is not necessary since the later chapters have a lot more content. All in all, I'd estimate that this will not be a problem for at least 10 or so years by which time the manga probably would have ended (Oda recently said he thinks it will end in 5 years, even though he later redacted that statement, 10 or so years is still a good estimate).

2. I agree that the current arc has amazing visuals, but not the beginning. A key reason new anime watchers have trouble getting into one piece is visuals, which is what I am suggesting.

3. Again, I agree that currently, standalone fillers are few and far in-between. But, that did not use to be the case. Secondly, instead of fillers, the anime stretches each episode a lot to accommodate the 1 chapter to 1 episode translation scheme that's going on. That's filler too.
---
Profile picture credit
https://www.deviantart.com/wishix

If anyone minds, please feel free to let me know.
Sep 25, 2019 7:26 PM
Jan 2016
I choose Hikaru no Go for a remake, just because of that opening that is super cool :)
Sep 25, 2019 7:38 PM

Sep 2015
ReLIFE, Tokyo Ghoul, Fate/stay night (Fate route)

YeeYeeAss said:
Berserk. The last adaptation was super shit.

Calling the Berserk remake shit is an insult to shit.
Sep 25, 2019 9:29 PM

Jan 2019
The two that come to my mind are Spice and Wolf and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

I know it would be nearly impossible to adapt all 20+ novels for Spice and Wolf but the anime series ended on such an abrupt note. I wanted more!

Haruhi Suzumiya would be much easier to remake; I think it only had like 10 or 11 books plus the two original seasons covered around the first four books I think and that wasn't even thirty episodes (plus eight were wasted on the endless eight time loop XP). I feel like the entire series could fit into a well planned fifty episode anime. Additionally, it would be nice if KyoAni could do the remake and maybe they could do it in memory of those who passed away, especially since the original director was one of them. :( Idk, maybe it would bring back too many memories.
Sep 25, 2019 9:39 PM
Star☆Twinkle

Oct 2018
Yuu Yuu Hakusho for sure. The show is already amazing but imagine it with high quality fight scenes.
Sep 25, 2019 9:45 PM

Mar 2015
I would like a Toriko remake, done like it’s ova.
My Candies:

My bonus Candies:
Sep 25, 2019 10:22 PM

Jun 2016
Probably Tokyo Ghoul because the adaptation was complete garbage in all shapes and forms, it was definitely a struggle to watch it as someone that absolutely loves the manga, it was a shallow and unfaithful adaptation... :/
Sep 25, 2019 11:01 PM

Aug 2019
Maybe tokyo ghoul....without rushing things...you know.
Sep 25, 2019 11:02 PM

Jun 2014
Bleach. Too many fillers and stretch
Sep 25, 2019 11:10 PM

Nov 2016
I cry out Negima! (remake) for every forum with this topic.

But honestly, it would have been a good shounen if it was adapted faithfully back then. If it were now or later though, I feel it'd be underwhelming compared to the current ones.
Sep 26, 2019 1:53 AM
Sep 2018
kmohyudin said:
prophet_dan said:

I like your list style, so allow me to copy it :P

1. Even at a reasonable pace of 2.5 to 3 chapters per episode, it will take the anime around 7-8 years to get to where the manga currently is. Of course, that assumes constant adaptation of 2.5 to 3 chapters which is not necessary since the later chapters have a lot more content. All in all, I'd estimate that this will not be a problem for at least 10 or so years by which time the manga probably would have ended (Oda recently said he thinks it will end in 5 years, even though he later redacted that statement, 10 or so years is still a good estimate).

2. I agree that the current arc has amazing visuals, but not the beginning. A key reason new anime watchers have trouble getting into one piece is visuals, which is what I am suggesting.

3. Again, I agree that currently, standalone fillers are few and far in-between. But, that did not use to be the case. Secondly, instead of fillers, the anime stretches each episode a lot to accommodate the 1 chapter to 1 episode translation scheme that's going on. That's filler too.

if what your saying is true, if it covers 2.5 chapters per episode then it should have caught up to the latest chapter but also we don't know how long wano kuni will be, it could be the same length as dressrosa or even longer but oda has stated that that one piece will probably end in 5 years for the manga
Sep 26, 2019 2:05 AM
Apr 2018
SAO (season 1) with better writing and pacing.
Bleach with Ufotable as the studio will be great.
Sep 26, 2019 3:00 AM

Jan 2010
Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro.

They need to follow the manga faithfully this time. The manga has such a beautiful ending!
Sep 26, 2019 3:06 AM
Jan 2018
Carlosc93 said:

- Kuroshitsuji
- X/1999
- Chaos;Head
- Zankyou no Terror
- Kure-nai
- Boogiepop
- DNAngel
- Trinity Blood
- Robotic;Notes
- Occultic;Nine
- Cop Craft

- Blood+
- Kanata no Astra
- Youjo Senki

Why does youjo senki need a remake

And black Butler just needs to remake the first few chapters and the curry arc agian season 3 the ovas and the movie pretty would have been a season if it was done properly
Sep 26, 2019 3:56 AM

Jun 2016
I would like Guilty Crown to have a reboot and Claymore too but with a faithful adaptation of the manga
Gift by Mimurona

Sep 26, 2019 4:19 AM

Jul 2016
Ginga Nagareboshi Gin and Ginga Densetsu Weed. It would be great if they adapted both manga in their entirety without leaving stuff out, and with some real nice art/animation this time.

KingShoter007 said:
Angel Beats. This time, make it 24 episodes instead of rushing, give us proper backstories for all the characters (especially Angel), and don’t drop such an out of nowhere bombshell ending.
Might as well also include some of the extra songs by GirsDeMo as performances, that would be cool.

God, THIS. There's so much to like in Angel Beats so the amount of wasted potential frustrates me to no end.
Sep 26, 2019 5:34 AM

Apr 2019
Tokyo Ghoul, MSG 0079, Akame ga Kill, and Pandora Hearts

If I had to pick one, I'd go with Pandora Hearts because this masterpiece just deserves a full adaptation.
Sep 26, 2019 5:46 AM
Dec 2013
The first season of To Love-Ru should be remade. It was mostly filler and was also heavily censored compared to the manga.
Sep 26, 2019 5:48 AM
Jul 2018
Berserkkkkkkk
Yeah berserk !! It seriously needs a reboot
Sep 26, 2019 5:51 AM
Aug 2018
Sousei no Onmyouji.

Despite being generic and all, SoO manga is really good and loads better than the anime. If it gets a proper adaption, it should be popular as much as Fire Force or Dr.Stone.
Sep 26, 2019 6:12 AM
Oct 2018
Bokurano, it aged pretty bad (reboot)
Soul Eater (reboot)
Seto No Hanayome (remake)
Karekano, now they can adapt the full manga (reboot)

Sep 26, 2019 6:16 AM

Apr 2015
The very first Fullmetal Alchemist, 2003.
Sep 26, 2019 6:32 AM

Oct 2017
Initial D for sure, not that theres anything wrong i think it'd be cooler if theres a remade version
Sep 26, 2019 8:09 AM

Jan 2019
slam dunk or hachimitsu clover + studio shaft or cloverworks.
Sep 26, 2019 8:19 AM

Jun 2019
Mattinator95 said:
Carlosc93 said:

- Kuroshitsuji
- X/1999
- Chaos;Head
- Zankyou no Terror
- Kure-nai
- Boogiepop
- DNAngel
- Trinity Blood
- Robotic;Notes
- Occultic;Nine
- Cop Craft
- Kanata no Astra

- Blood+
- Youjo Senki

Why does youjo senki need a remake

And black Butler just needs to remake the first few chapters and the curry arc agian season 3 the ovas and the movie pretty would have been a season if it was done properly
Youjo Senki needs a remake cause the animation quality is not great like the light novel.
SloszeySep 28, 2019 11:06 AM
Sep 26, 2019 11:16 AM

Mar 2019
Lel0uchZer0 said:
Tokyo ghoul
Tokyo ghoul
Tokyo ghoul

Tokyo ghoul

Should I avoid watching the anime? What are the flaws? No spoilers plz
Sep 26, 2019 11:23 AM

Mar 2019
Lel0uchZer0 said:
sad_sinner said:

Should I avoid watching the anime? What are the flaws? No spoilers plz

The anime is enjoyable but they skip A LOT of the manga. I reccomend the manga but the anime is not THAT bad just that it could have been so mich better given more time and episodes

Is it a good idea to read some chapters and watching the anime afterwards? ie switching between both the manga and anime?
Sep 26, 2019 11:57 AM

Jul 2016
Black cat, Cinderella nine, NTR (you know the one) honestly a reboot/remake is needed for these ones even tho some of them aren't bad at all but they can each be improved in a different way
Sep 26, 2019 12:05 PM
Jan 2019
Klad said:
Slam Dunk and Shounan Junai Gumi need remakes
yeahh for sure specifically slam dunk
Sep 27, 2019 10:22 AM

Apr 2010
I don't know, maybe if in Black Cat the main character wouldn't change from one episode to another, that would be good.

Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

» A Goddess pays you a visit and promises to grant you a wish.

Shizuna - 2 hours ago

11 by Mayahuel »»
4 minutes ago

» How would you describe the Mary Sue characters and how would you like them?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

41 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
11 minutes ago

» Are you ever afraid to rewatch an anime?

Akuya - Jun 27

35 by ConstantReader »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » Localization, Name Changes, and Worplay

LSSJ_Gaming - Jun 27

13 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
15 minutes ago

» Is it wrong to care A LOT about someone's tastes and preferences?

Pokitaru - 6 hours ago

29 by shin0by »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.