Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 16, 2019 9:27 AM

Jul 2016
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Anime_Biscuit said:
People are being babies and being overdramatic about the seasons style despite having shows highly rated in their lists with the same or worse amount of quality in animation. I say just let those who enjoy it enjoy it, and leave those who cry about the animation to go piss off somewhere else.

We have a right to complain about the animation. It's a legitimate criticism.

At this point I am just tired of people acting like professional animation critics after a single episode and acting like this season the biggest shit stain in history. Its ridiculous
Apr 16, 2019 11:40 AM

Mar 2015
I still find it quite enjoyable even though it's far from season 1's greatness, and I personally think they could also work more on the audio, it kinda feels off sometimes.
Apr 16, 2019 11:41 AM

Feb 2018
It's bad already, but it ll only get worse considering that they haven't even finished the second half of the episode.
Apr 16, 2019 12:03 PM
May 2010
Let's forget about first season, second still is super ugly, without enjoyment, with bad editing, timing, even voices are kinda off. Fights in episode two are just painfull to watch. If we compare it to anything popular in few years, this one will be somewhere next to Black Clover but still less fun to watch.

We should all stop watching this and reread manga.
Apr 16, 2019 1:29 PM
Jan 2016
The animation ruined it for me tbqh.
Apr 16, 2019 1:52 PM
Nov 2015
Dropped. Reading the manga already. What a waste...
Apr 16, 2019 1:52 PM

Aug 2017
due to rumours and all before the season came out, I thought this season would be bad in terms of animation but to my surprise, it was good(except for some shots here and there) though not as good as s1.

After watching the fight scenes in episode2 I was disappointed about the animation. The fight between genos and sonic where they go super fast, I felt they tried to make it look like the one between genos and saitama from episode 6 of s1 but failed to do so. Except for the fighting part, I'm happy with the animation.
Apr 16, 2019 2:15 PM

Mar 2014
The first two episodes were weak, combine this with rumors that this has had a pretty bad production schedule and I fear for the rest of the season. A dip in quality is to be expected but the time constraints and lack of extremely talented animators is already showing heavily in the first TWO episodes. I'd even be pleased if they managed to keep up the "quality" from those episodes but I fear the worst.
Apr 16, 2019 2:44 PM

Oct 2013
It's disapointing to say the least.

There's no hope, considering the production issues it can only go downhill.
Apr 16, 2019 2:46 PM

May 2009
Lel0uchZer0 said:
todd2580 said:

then do it... although their work wasn't bad it's just lack of time

They had 3 years and a half since season 1 to get their shit together for season 2

You know that studios don't start doing production until they are contracted by Production Commitee. JC Staff production of S2 was announced at late September 2017 so they defintely had less time.
Apr 16, 2019 7:05 PM
May 2010
We can make a lot of excuses why this season is so bad but it's just awful how they just did horrible job cos 'we need it fast, fans will not care about quality'.
Someone decided about director, schedule, budget and is responsible for this mess.
If we not complain then we will see it again and again how they massacre our favourite stories.
Apr 16, 2019 7:12 PM
Jul 2015
I finally watched One Punch Man Season 1 just last week, and I think everyone is looking back on it with rose-tinted glasses. The 1st half is pretty boring. Season 2 has had two solid, interesting episodes already.
Apr 16, 2019 7:15 PM
Aug 2018
Dissaspointing, sucks cus this arc is fantastic.
Apr 16, 2019 7:28 PM

Feb 2010
Read the manga, OPM overall have enjoyable story and i love it, in S1 the animation even top it more but in S2... idk so far the animation is average, fight scene looks pretty rigid, it's just unfortunate the famous anime like this can't unleash it's full potential.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Apr 16, 2019 7:44 PM
Nov 2015
I was thinking that it wasn't that but but then I remembered how good the first season really was
I think I will end up dropping this and picking up the manga instead
Apr 16, 2019 7:49 PM

Mar 2012
adbeaver said:
I still find it quite enjoyable even though it's far from season 1's greatness, and I personally think they could also work more on the audio, it kinda feels off sometimes.
The show feels "off" and I'm not even talking about the animation quality. episode 2 was an improvement but it just doesn't have the right feel. I'm a manga reader so I don't care about the story. Was really hoping for that exciting and hyped up feeling the energy o the first season had even if the animation wasn't up to par.... This just doesn't feel right but feels off. I also feel like the pacing is kinda rushed.
Apr 16, 2019 7:55 PM

Jul 2015
Yeah I mean the story is still good and the comedy is still lively, but it is unfortunately pretty clear that the animation quality is lower. Even in this second episode, the way they showed Satiama's "side step" when fighting sonic was pretty pathetic, and made it less enjoyable for sure. I don't know if it's because I've seen the manga or what but yeah.
Apr 16, 2019 9:11 PM

Dec 2016
I like it so much
I'm having a lot of fun
Apr 17, 2019 4:27 AM
Nov 2018
PeaceIsNoOption said:
looks ass i could do a better animation
Your dumb asf lol You realize how hard it would be to replicate what madhouse did right?Your really ungrateful lol if you don’t like it then don’t watch it simple
Apr 17, 2019 4:53 AM
Jul 2014
New studio...I feel like watching bunch of 3 minutes episodes.They are not linked with timing.And the most hurting thing aren't they zooming charecters too much feels like less draw to something.Only story not altered,this is good thing.
Apr 17, 2019 4:57 AM

Nov 2017
Loving every second of it. Can wait for more badass Saitama moments. I'm sure the rest of the season is gonna be bangin'.
Apr 17, 2019 4:57 AM
Jan 2019
I've never been huge on One Punch Man to be fair, though the story seems better than last season's imo. I'm still unsure if I'll keep on watching though, if the next episode is gonna be lackluster, I might actually drop it
Apr 17, 2019 5:02 AM

Oct 2017
Basically a slideshow; precisely what J.C.Staff excels at.
Apr 17, 2019 11:37 AM
Jan 2013
sunako1006 said:

We should all stop watching this and reread manga.

This.... I will probably watch it after entire thing finishes.
Apr 17, 2019 10:26 PM

Nov 2018
I've started reading the manga, and I'd recommend it over season 2 so far any day honestly. Murata's art is fantastic and it flows so well, the manga genuinely has better animated fights than episode 2 of the anime with its lousy direction and how it keeps cutting away from fights.
Apr 18, 2019 1:06 AM
Aug 2017
This is THE BIGGEST disappointment I've ever seen since Death Note, it's not appalling by any means, but it's no 8/10 or higher

It managed to go from a straight up masterpiece into casual bait and that's really depressing, I know it's J.C. and we really shouldn't have expected much but why didn't they just wait...

On the plus side (if you can even consider it a "plus") at least the shitty corporations are going to get their money, and hopefully not make this mistake again (but let's be honest, we all know they couldn't give a rat's ass about the consumer anymore..)
Apr 18, 2019 1:43 AM

Oct 2018
ViceroyJsO said:
This is THE BIGGEST disappointment I've ever seen since Death Note, it's not appalling by any means, but it's no 8/10 or higher

It managed to go from a straight up masterpiece into casual bait and that's really depressing, I know it's J.C. and we really shouldn't have expected much but why didn't they just wait...

On the plus side (if you can even consider it a "plus") at least the shitty corporations are going to get their money, and hopefully not make this mistake again (but let's be honest, we all know they couldn't give a rat's ass about the consumer anymore..)

These corporations will continue to do these “mistakes” because sheep consumers will still throw their money at trash quality work
Apr 18, 2019 1:47 AM

Oct 2018
There's definitely a downgrade in animation from the first season to the 2nd. However. That downgrade is not as prominent as everyone said it would be. The quirky character interactions haven't really changed either, so I don't have much of an objection towards the show apart from losing some smooth sakuga scenes.
【🇳​🇪​🇼​ 🇵​🇷​🇴​🇫​🇮​🇱​🇪​ 🇩​🇪​🇸​🇮​🇬​🇳​】

I accept all friend requests! - Feel free to add me!

Apr 18, 2019 6:03 AM
Jan 2019
laviha said:
the animation is actually good as long as you don't think about season one

This animation cannot even pass as mediocre, it is just still frames. They use close up shots in action sequences to reduce their budget. A lot of work is shaved off by just panning.
I think the future episodes will be more worse than the previous ones, considering their horrible schedule and direction.
Apr 18, 2019 6:22 AM
Jun 2017
Lets face it and be realistic, this season is really a weak one, as the still talk of the towm series are RISING OF SHIELD HERO and Dororo (which all came from previous season). Some are gaining attention such aS Demon slayer and isekai quartet..

OPM does is gaining attention but in negative way as even some reviewers are saying that in episode 2 you are already seeing how they have presented/animated that fight scene...
Apr 18, 2019 10:54 AM
Mar 2018
Although from the obvious decline in animation quality, it actually looks good, the second episode especially, blended the CG in perfectly,it looks like it's gonna be an awesome season altogether.The only problem is the nitpicking idiots who are watching it as if they're being forced to, who knew half the anime community gets off on acting like they...
Apr 18, 2019 11:04 AM

Jan 2015
I gave the first season a 7/10 based on the animation alone (I've always preferred the story/characters of Mob Psycho 100 more than OPM.) I'm gonna give this adaptation one more episode before dropping it. Might as well just read the manga if the adaptation isn't going to attempt to enhance the source material in any way.
Apr 18, 2019 11:28 AM
Feb 2016
Anime_Biscuit said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

We have a right to complain about the animation. It's a legitimate criticism.

At this point I am just tired of people acting like professional animation critics after a single episode and acting like this season the biggest shit stain in history. Its ridiculous

you don't need to be a professional critic to know that there's been a downgrade compared to S1. We all have eyes and are able to tell the drastic differences
Apr 18, 2019 11:31 AM

Jul 2016
Supersky said:
Anime_Biscuit said:

you don't need to be a professional critic to know that there's been a downgrade compared to S1. We all have eyes and are able to tell the drastic differences

I'm talking about the people that go in great detail nit picks to say that the animation is the worst. I'm aware it's a downgrade from season 1, it's just not bad animation.
Apr 18, 2019 11:31 AM
Feb 2016
Xander_Cage said:
due to rumours and all before the season came out, I thought this season would be bad in terms of animation but to my surprise, it was good(except for some shots here and there) though not as good as s1.

After watching the fight scenes in episode2 I was disappointed about the animation. The fight between genos and sonic where they go super fast, I felt they tried to make it look like the one between genos and saitama from episode 6 of s1 but failed to do so. Except for the fighting part, I'm happy with the animation.

Wait how can you be happy with the animation, but be disappointed in the fighting? The fighting is basically the animations
Apr 18, 2019 12:26 PM

Aug 2017
Supersky said:
Xander_Cage said:

Wait how can you be happy with the animation, but be disappointed in the fighting? The fighting is basically the animations

well, since I expected worse than what I saw you could say that I was happy. But if you ask me which is better then my answer would be s1 without any second thoughts.

about fights and their animation, normally you don't need many frames to animate when the characters are just sitting there and talking but when it comes to fights there's a lot of movement, gestures, explosions and many more which requires more frames to be animated in order for them to be smooth and look good. This is where the actual quality of the animation comes out. This is what I think.

Try watching the fights from episode 6 from s1 and then this episode and maybe you will feel the difference.
Apr 18, 2019 1:12 PM
Feb 2016
Xander_Cage said:
Supersky said:

well, since I expected worse than what I saw you could say that I was happy. But if you ask me which is better then my answer would be s1 without any second thoughts.

about fights and their animation, normally you don't need many frames to animate when the characters are just sitting there and talking but when it comes to fights there's a lot of movement, gestures, explosions and many more which requires more frames to be animated in order for them to be smooth and look good. This is where the actual quality of the animation comes out. This is what I think.

Try watching the fights from episode 6 from s1 and then this episode and maybe you will feel the difference.

Yeah, I agree a lot with your interpretations of animation. The fight animations for the most part though are very weak and compared to S1, it's like night and day (basically meaning that S1 had great animation, while S2 is the complete opposite).

I'm honestly worried with the future episodes, cuz if they're already this poorly animated, the next few episodes might be worse given how they only had 2-3 done before the season started
Apr 18, 2019 1:33 PM

Apr 2014
It doesn't look a whole lot different from a lot of other anime being produced today, which would be fine if One Punch Man weren't known for having outstanding visuals. I think season 2 will be a disappointment in the animation department, especially during fight scenes, but the story and humor will still be fine.

edit: If it can keep up this level of quality, that is. It has been fine so far, but I worry about later episodes. I also am holding out hope that they'll touch it up for the blu-ray releases.
ChangeLeopardonApr 18, 2019 4:14 PM
Apr 18, 2019 3:02 PM
Feb 2017
Where is the music? Scene transition , directing and humor are dead and gone in s2.
Animation is ok . Not even close to S1 brilliance but viable.

The lack of music in both episodes made them painful to watch for me.
I kept expecting a nice tune to signal a comedy moment , or to generate hype before an incoming fight but got some choppy scene transitions and backround musicy noise instead.
Apr 19, 2019 8:00 AM

Aug 2017
Supersky said:
Xander_Cage said:

Yeah, I agree a lot with your interpretations of animation. The fight animations for the most part though are very weak and compared to S1, it's like night and day (basically meaning that S1 had great animation, while S2 is the complete opposite).

I'm honestly worried with the future episodes, cuz if they're already this poorly animated, the next few episodes might be worse given how they only had 2-3 done before the season started

even I'm worried but still, I'm gonna watch the serious till the end, its OPM anyway and I will enjoy it.
Apr 19, 2019 8:15 AM

Mar 2011
I think people are over-reacting to the drop of animation quality.
Imo the main problem is the manga that becomes pretty boring and I wonder how will they deal with it. Will they follow the manga closely or will they change the story?
Apr 19, 2019 9:35 AM

Aug 2017
TheArchangels said:
How are we asking about opinions on the season of a show after one episode
well some people asked for others' opinions before even the show aired
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2019 9:35 AM

Aug 2017
Mithzor said:
I think people are over-reacting to the drop of animation quality.
Imo the main problem is the manga that becomes pretty boring and I wonder how will they deal with it. Will they follow the manga closely or will they change the story?
99% they will follow the manga closely
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2019 11:45 AM
Aug 2015
As someone who doesn't care that much for visuals, I'm glad to see confirmed the fact that One Punch Man is inhrentely pretty average when the core is concerned
Apr 19, 2019 11:47 AM
Dec 2017
I don't get these people. The animation isn't bad at all. The only thing which is kinda bad is the "choreoraphy" of the fights. The animation quality is kinda need but they just fuck up the choreography thats it.
It's safe to say for me, who is working in the animation buisness, that the quality is higher than the quality in season 1.
The artstyle is kinda different tand the choreography like i said kinda bad. But overhaul it's better than expectedso far.
Apr 19, 2019 2:04 PM
Jul 2016
EndCore said:
I don't get these people. The animation isn't bad at all. The only thing which is kinda bad is the "choreoraphy" of the fights. The animation quality is kinda need but they just fuck up the choreography thats it.
It's safe to say for me, who is working in the animation buisness, that the quality is higher than the quality in season 1.
The artstyle is kinda different tand the choreography like i said kinda bad. But overhaul it's better than expectedso far.

"choreoraphy" of the fights are using is the gag one from the web manga because of lack of time talent and resources but i understand why people are sad but it's not bad and even we got some small sakuga i mean that's what they can do for now

Apr 20, 2019 8:32 AM

Jul 2017
The only thing the OPM anime had going for it was it’s animation quality and it’s gone. Now everyone will open their eyes and see how shallow the story and characters are, not to mention how dragged out and boring it gets later in the manga
FlexstyleApr 20, 2019 6:45 PM
Apr 20, 2019 9:50 AM

Apr 2007
OG_Guts said:
The only thing the OPM anime had going for it was it’s animation quality and it’s gone. Now everyone will open their eyes and see how shallow the story and characters are, that’s not to mention how dragged out and boring it gets later in the manga

That doesn't explain why the manga's rating is so high.
Apr 20, 2019 2:47 PM

Nov 2018
EpsilonX said:

edit: If it can keep up this level of quality, that is. It has been fine so far, but I worry about later episodes. I also am holding out hope that they'll touch it up for the blu-ray releases.

Probably not. They're already having scheduling trouble proven by how much extra staff was pulled in for the latest episode, way more than your average anime and that isn't a good sign. JC staff also usually tends to use up its budget in the first few episodes to attract viewers so it'll definitely go downhill from here in terms of animation I feel.
Apr 20, 2019 5:45 PM
Feb 2016
SRti0 said:
EpsilonX said:

Probably not. They're already having scheduling trouble proven by how much extra staff was pulled in for the latest episode, way more than your average anime and that isn't a good sign. JC staff also usually tends to use up its budget in the first few episodes to attract viewers so it'll definitely go downhill from here in terms of animation I feel.

This is more than likely the case for OPM 2. I don't see this being salvaged much in the BD
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

390 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 12:49 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

202 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 12:13 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2019

201 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 11:27 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2019

187 by FarCritical »»
May 15, 11:30 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2019

236 by FarCritical »»
May 15, 10:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.