Forum Settings
Forums

Do you watch Football (soccer)? And what club do you support?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 13, 2019 6:01 PM

May 2016
i don't watch it anymore but when i did i supported real madrid and arsenal

。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆。

from the days that i've
lived those i had spent
with you, seemed real

月光
Jan 13, 2019 10:01 PM

Aug 2015
Of course I watch football, I'm from Brazil, imagine being from here and not liking it, it must suck. My team is Vasco, which is a team with a past with some glories, not even 20 years ago we were one of the best teams in the world (yes, until the late 90s, some brazilian and other south american teams (mainly Boca) had some of the best squads in the world, on pair with european teams; now the foreign teams, much richer than ours, take any player that shows an ounce of quality, which tremendously widened the difference of level between our and european teams), but now after a sequence of awful club presidents, we basically just fight against relegation every year, or to go up when we are in the second division. It sucks, not even our rivals care about us much anymore, Flamengo (biggest rival) is challenging for the league's title every year and currently is building a great squad... but oh well, can't do anything besides hope that someday I'll see my club winning a noteworthy title, last thing that matters that we won was the national cup in 2011, which is the only important title we've won in the last 18 years.

I watch games of the teams from here and from Libertadores, and in Europe my main entertainment is the PL, its production and broadcast quality are much better than the ones of other leagues, it's way more enjoyable to watch, and it's also been competitive when compared with other leagues. Unfortunately this year the title is between two teams that I don't like, but as much as I hate City, it'd be fun to see Liverpool bottle it.
I also watch some games from Bundesliga occasionally. Serie A was cool last season with Napoli challenging for the title but it honestly fucking sucks that Juventus just win it every year. Ligue 1 has good technical quality but it's also too boring now with PSG and their money cheat. Never was a fan of La Liga.
Oh, and of course there's also UCL. Games from european tourneys (mainly PL, Bundesliga and UCL for me) are always a breath of fresh air after watching a game between teams from here, the contrast of level of football being played is too damn big.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓☆ふわふわる▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ふわふわり☆▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
      BE KAWAII         
Jan 13, 2019 10:41 PM

Oct 2013
Xavian- said:
I've been a Milan fan my entire life, following them since '05. I still support them despite the glory day's being over. I've been to the San Siro before and saw some couple of matches when I was in Italy a few years back and also I'm an avid jersey collector, owning every Milan jersey from every season.

Same. I've been to an ACM game back in like 2003 during a family trip to italy. Been a supporter ever since

Shame that the footy thread is mostly about EPL. Calcio fans are seemingly a rarity on MAL.
Jan 13, 2019 10:42 PM

Sep 2012
liverpool fan since i was a small lad.
some other teams i wholeheartedly support are the mexican national team and club america.

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

Jan 14, 2019 2:47 AM
Jul 2018
Have a guess, we have a decent Scandinavian support for a small club.
Jan 14, 2019 2:49 AM
Jul 2018
BlakexEkalb said:
1. Please just call it soccer. If you don't, at least call it Fútbol, not football.

2. No, soccer is extremely boring to watch.

At least it is played with the feet unlike the NFL which should be called eggball.
Jan 14, 2019 10:08 AM

Nov 2017
FC Barcelona when Messi was playing well, but he's too old/they're not as good. They lost Neymar to PSG.

Messi at his peak was one of the funnest players to watch ever, in the world cup, watching him pass around whole teams and out think 3 players at a time was amazing. Beautiful passer, great shooter, amazing dribbler, his mental game is coach-worthy maybe. Then the taxes thing with his dad, everything.

I never felt the same way about Ronaldo, I was never a Madrid fan. The spanish league for like 4-5 years or more was the best league in the world, way better than Premier League though not nearly as competitive and deep (right?).

I respect Ronaldo but his scores are about his long legs, he's just faster and taller and a bit more passionate. A great but not on Messi's level for me (even though objectively he's probably better now). FC Barcelona didn't have ZZ as coach. ZZ is one of the best players ever already.

Ever since probably the 2014 world cup I've been a really big fan. I'd always rather watch Premier League on Sat than NCAA basketball/football. The great thing about soccer is the fans cheering, the party atmosphere, no commercials except for a half-time. I prefer watching soccer over a lot of things because capitalism and commercials ruins sports like regular season NFL.

The problem is TV doesn't play enough games. I can't see a lot of German/Italian/Spanish league games. There's Mexican league but it's not that great. There's American league but it's nowhere near the level of competition in Premier League.

Premier League doesn't have GREAT players like the other leagues have, really good players I suppose. Always worth watching cross-league action though. I suppose Ronaldo is still world no. 1? I haven't seen one FC Juventus game, I don't understand what the point of Juventus is. They're in the final all the time but I never really get to watch them play.

2018 world cup was alright, nothing like watching dominant Germany last time rout Brazil at home, that was amazing and cringeworthy.

Who won this last time, France? Eh. An athletic finesse team. Not interesting and full of stars like Germany was for me.

I missed stars like Robben and all these legends from 2014, Zidane of old when he did that headbutt, Suarez, Rooney.

Suarez is probably my fave player besides Messi but I think he might be too old now too.
Jan 14, 2019 10:10 AM

Jun 2015
tbh I can't remember the exact date but I fell in love with football after the Everton 2-3 Chelsea match back in 2006 I think? Anyways ever since then I've been supporting Chelsea and football has been a precious thing to me
Jan 14, 2019 2:22 PM

Jan 2017
Not really, i think it's really boring and stupid.
REVIVE MECHA
Jan 14, 2019 3:24 PM

Aug 2016
Football is like a religion here in Argentina so yeah, i love it. I support Quilmes AC, the oldest team here, two time champions.
As for european football, i love when small teams win againts the big ones. I especially love when Man City and Real Madrid lose. Some big teams i like are Inter, Arsenal, Ajax and Bayern Munich. I'm a fan of Birmingham City too.

Pleinair said:
Ligue 1 has good technical quality but it's also too boring now with PSG and their money cheat.

The Ligue 1 has to be one the most boring leagues in the world currently, you know that P$G is gonna win from the first match.
Jan 14, 2019 3:41 PM

Nov 2016
BackToThe2013 said:
Football is like a religion here in Argentina so yeah, i love it. I support Quilmes AC, the oldest team here, two time champions.
As for european football, i love when small teams win againts the big ones. I especially love when Man City and Real Madrid lose. Some big teams i like are Inter, Arsenal, Ajax and Bayern Munich. I'm a fan of Birmingham City too.

Pleinair said:
Ligue 1 has good technical quality but it's also too boring now with PSG and their money cheat.

The Ligue 1 has to be one the most boring leagues in the world currently, you know that P$G is gonna win from the first match.
Ever since Monaco gone downhill, Ligue 1 is so unbearable to watch with no clubs being able to compete against PSG.

Jan 14, 2019 4:30 PM

Dec 2017
Football is betas, i watch combat sports like a chad.
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
Jan 15, 2019 3:01 PM

Oct 2014
I used watch and care about football but now I don't even support the national team.
Jan 17, 2019 1:18 AM

Oct 2015
i watched it when i was in high school but not anymore... and i was really into real madrid.
⠀     ‧     ⠀
Jan 17, 2019 1:55 AM

Nov 2018
Football has gone downhill and in my opinion largely due to Ronaldo and Messi. If you try to find someone talking about football their names always pop up like some fucking plague. Hopefully they'll retire soon so football can once again become good, hopefully at least.
Jan 18, 2019 8:12 PM
Dec 2018
my favourite team since I was ten or younger is Borussia Dortmund and it had scarcely changed during the years
Jan 18, 2019 8:38 PM

Oct 2017
i'm a madridista but i watch basically any and all matches that are on when i turn on my tv so i end up catching the premier league, serie a and the bundesliga as well as la liga. i'm brazilian so i also watch the brazilian championship and i support corinthians :p
[url=https://myanimelist.net/profile/mifti]
[/url]
Mar 25, 2020 8:54 AM

Mar 2019
Brisbane Roar FC for the win, best club ever
Mar 25, 2020 2:30 PM
Jul 2018
I don’t care for real sports. Especially not football (soccer). Always found these games silly it’s like dogs chasing a ball or a frisbee to me. I prefer competitive video games and strategy games. I’m a pretty fit person too I just don’t really like fitness and games mixed together outside of track and field.

A friend of mine who lived next door to my dad for years while I was growing up has a kid brother who is now playing for a top football team and is already quite famous. The world will soon know his name. Some of you might already know him. He is a striker too.
Mar 26, 2020 11:39 AM

Nov 2016
Yes I love the beauriful game and am a big fan of manchester united
Apr 14, 2020 8:50 AM

Jan 2020
I support Arsenal, they are classy, play beautiful football, and don't depend on the so-called sugar daddies like certain clubs out there. The downside is they haven't won anything in recent years. I guess money talks after all...
"You misunderstood from the very beginning. You just believed what you wanted to believe."
Rei Ayanami
Apr 14, 2020 10:31 AM

Apr 2016
Yes, I do. I support Real Madrid despite being Italian, I know some people are sceptical about people supporting clubs from a different nation than your.
May 9, 2020 2:02 AM

Jan 2020
FC Bayern Munich but since I joined MAL and Corona raging I feel like maybe I should leave Football world
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Aug 2, 2020 2:54 AM

Feb 2018
Yes..I support Liverpool and KAA Gent
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 10lbs of feathers or 10lbs of rocks

ZakuF_ - 1 hour ago

5 by DreamWindow »»
4 minutes ago

» Wrong to marry/have kids with second cousin? ( 1 2 )

ZakuF_ - Jun 25

74 by DreamWindow »»
5 minutes ago

» I just found a dumbass sociopath in the wild.

tsukareru - 8 hours ago

25 by CatSoul »»
22 minutes ago

Poll: » Tau Day

Meusnier - 7 hours ago

6 by creepylurker »»
47 minutes ago

» Is MAL dying?

TsutanaiFuun - Jun 17

47 by Kagami »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.