Forum Settings
Forums

Do you watch Football (soccer)? And what club do you support?

New
Jan 13, 2019 4:43 AM

Jun 2015
Anime and Football are basically the only two things that bring enjoyment and interest to my boring ass life, so I thought it would be nice to meet some people with the similar interests.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 13, 2019 4:48 AM
Jan 13, 2019 4:59 AM

Jul 2017
I don't watch football as much as I did years ago but I still support Liverpool. It sucks for me to watch because of the difference in time zone. I have no time to watch live games past 1 PM since I don't really have the time. Still, I can't help but sometimes follow Liverpool and I somehow feel happy when we win.

Once we realize it, everything will fall into place
Our hearts calling to the future with all their might
We'll move forward, holding each other's shaking hands
Jan 13, 2019 5:05 AM

Jun 2015
despairdoto said:
I don't watch football as much as I did years ago but I still support Liverpool. It sucks for me to watch because of the difference in time zone. I have no time to watch live games past 1 PM since I don't really have the time. Still, I can't help but sometimes follow Liverpool and I somehow feel happy when we win.

Yeah. I have the same issue of time zones here, but I still stay up till 3 or 4 AM to watch matches anyway. I can't really help it XD
Jan 13, 2019 5:14 AM

Jun 2017
Nowadays I rarely watch live matches but still following the news of Premier League from time to time and my favorite team is Chelsea.
Jan 13, 2019 5:17 AM

Jun 2015
mhkr said:
Nowadays I rarely watch live matches but still following the news of Premier League from time to time and my favorite team is Chelsea.

Nice to meet you fellow Chelsea fan :)
Jan 13, 2019 5:18 AM

Oct 2015
Not the biggest follower of the scene anymore but i still follow around the tottenham squad LOL

ᴅᴇʟɪᴠᴇʀɪᴇꜱ
ꜱᴇᴛ ʙʏ ᴍᴀᴢᴇ <3!

Jan 13, 2019 5:23 AM

Jun 2015
LukaThe12th said:
Not the biggest follower of the scene anymore but i still follow around the tottenham squad LOL

Kinda nice to meet you rival LoL

P.S I hope you guys lose later, even though I hate Man United XD
Jan 13, 2019 5:32 AM

Oct 2015
Accel0305 said:
LukaThe12th said:

hahahah, we'll see what happens ey. nice to see a fellow rival as well huehuehue

ᴅᴇʟɪᴠᴇʀɪᴇꜱ
ꜱᴇᴛ ʙʏ ᴍᴀᴢᴇ <3!

Jan 13, 2019 5:39 AM

Jul 2017
LukaThe12th said:
Accel0305 said:

hahahah, we'll see what happens ey. nice to see a fellow rival as well huehuehue

I'll just try to join in and I'll just say hi from the top of the table. he he he

Once we realize it, everything will fall into place
Our hearts calling to the future with all their might
We'll move forward, holding each other's shaking hands
Jan 13, 2019 5:42 AM

Oct 2015
despairdoto said:
LukaThe12th said:

I'll just try to join in and I'll just say hi from the top of the table. he he he

hahahah, guess we got almost everyone in here huh

ᴅᴇʟɪᴠᴇʀɪᴇꜱ
ꜱᴇᴛ ʙʏ ᴍᴀᴢᴇ <3!

Jan 13, 2019 6:09 AM

Oct 2010
I watch a lot of football, mainly Bundesliga and La Liga
My beloved team is FC Barcelona since 2001.
Jan 13, 2019 6:11 AM

Feb 2013
I follow Liverpool and maybe some big games from the Premier League, all other leagues are boring to me.
Jan 13, 2019 6:28 AM

Jun 2015
Catalano said:
I watch a lot of football, mainly Bundesliga and La Liga
My beloved team is FC Barcelona since 2001.

Nice to meet you. Do you watch Premier League? I'm not a huge Barcelona fan, especially when we meet in the CL. I guess I'm generally just not a fan of La Liga teams, but I'd say Barcelona are the most bearable team there for me
Jan 13, 2019 6:29 AM

Jun 2015
Ulquiorra said:
I follow Liverpool and maybe some big games from the Premier League, all other leagues are boring to me.

What's your prediction for the match later?
Jan 13, 2019 7:26 AM
Feb 2017
1. Please just call it soccer. If you don't, at least call it Fútbol, not football.

2. No, soccer is extremely boring to watch.
Jan 13, 2019 7:33 AM

Oct 2014
I have a friend who's a huge Liverpool fan, so I keep track somewhat so I can take jabs at him whenever they lose (which is unfortunately not often this season). Personally I don't care for non-American sports.
Jan 13, 2019 7:36 AM

Jun 2015
BlakexEkalb said:
1. Please just call it soccer. If you don't, at least call it Fútbol, not football.

1. Dude, It's called Football in English. Fútbol is the Spanish way of writing/pronouncing it.

2. I'm pretty sure 70% of the world would choose to disagree with that.
Jan 13, 2019 7:42 AM

May 2015
BlakexEkalb said:

It's called football because you kick a ball with your foot. Not exactly rocket science.

There is no reason to confuse it with rugby for sissies.
Jan 13, 2019 7:47 AM

Oct 2010
@Accel0305 I also wach some premier league, I enjoy Liverpool because I like their style and coach and Tottenham. I kinda hate city because they cheat with their money, I could talk hours about the lapse of funancial fair play, the biggest offenders being city, chelsea, psg, rbl but thats another talk.
Jan 13, 2019 7:52 AM

Jun 2015
Nithirel said:
I have a friend who's a huge Liverpool fan, so I keep track somewhat so I can take jabs at him whenever they lose (which is unfortunately not often this season). Personally I don't care for non-American sports.

LoL you should try to watch some matches for yourself, who knows, you might just end up becoming a fan
Jan 13, 2019 7:56 AM

Jun 2015
Catalano said:
@Accel0305 I also wach some premier league, I enjoy Liverpool because I like their style and coach and Tottenham. I kinda hate city because they cheat with their money, I could talk hours about the lapse of funancial fair play, the biggest offenders being city, chelsea, psg, rbl but thats another talk.

Yeah, that's understandable. But it's the sad truth nowadays that a team can't really compete if they don't have the financial strength
Jan 13, 2019 8:02 AM
Feb 2017
Accel0305 said:
BlakexEkalb said:

1. Dude, It's called Football in English. Fútbol is the Spanish way of writing/pronouncing it.

This thread is personally asking if you like to watch soccer. Why create this thread if you're trying to argue against my opinion and say it's wrong by showing the majority.
Jan 13, 2019 8:19 AM

Aug 2018
Football is the sport that I like the most and that I sometimes play.

My favorite team is Chelsea.
Jan 13, 2019 8:25 AM

Jun 2015
BlakexEkalb said:
Accel0305 said:

This thread is personally asking if you like to watch soccer. Why create this thread if you're trying to argue against my opinion and say it's wrong by showing the majority.

Hey, no need to be all up in arms about it. I like football, you don't like football, end of story. And this thread was created to meet football fans. I think that's pretty obvious, so if you weren't a fan, there wasn't really any reason for you to be interested in it. That's like me seeing a thread about people who like nails, which I have absolutely no interest in, and going there just to tell them that I hate nails. It's just really unnecessary.
Jan 13, 2019 8:40 AM

Apr 2011
Pretty much the only TV I watch anymore. My club, for over 10 years now (I was neutral before), are the 5 time UCL champions, Liverpool FC. I was too young to be allowed up late enough to watch the Miracle of Istanbul, but I did manage to catch the Miracle at Anfield couple of years ago. January is when we usually start to fuck up, but this is one January we absolutely cannot afford to fuck up at all.

Just to add a bit of trivia, most Maldivians support either Barca, Real or Man United. I happen to be one of the rarer Liverpool supporters, though I'm gonna guess Liverpool is soon gonna have a lot more supporters here. Also, apparently our old president is also a Liverpool fan and called all Liverpool fans in the area to a cafe' to watch the game against United, his treat. I, being the antisocial dickhead that I am, ultimately decided not to go for some retarded reason.
yhunataJan 13, 2019 8:43 AM
Jan 13, 2019 8:42 AM
Feb 2017
Accel0305 said:
BlakexEkalb said:

Hey, no need to be all up in arms about it. I like football, you don't like football, end of story. And this thread was created to meet football fans. I think that's pretty obvious, so if you weren't a fan, there wasn't really any reason for you to be interested in it. That's like me seeing a thread about people who like nails, which I have absolutely no interest in, and going there just to tell them that I hate nails. It's just really unnecessary.

You asked "Do you watch soccer?" That's asking a question to the entire community, so I responded with my opinion. If you just wanted to meet people who liked soccer you could have titled the thread "Looking to meet people who like soccer", but then your thread would not be asking for discussion and be locked. I'm not up and arms about this situation, I'm just stating my opinion on watching soccer, what you clearly asked.
MegaStrideJan 13, 2019 8:47 AM
Jan 13, 2019 8:57 AM

Jun 2015
BlakexEkalb said:
Accel0305 said:

You asked "Do you watch soccer?" That's asking a question to the entire community, so I responded with my opinion. If you just wanted to meet people who liked soccer you could have titled the thread "Looking to meet people who like soccer", but then your thread would not be asking for discussion and be locked. I'm not up and arms about this situation, I'm just stating my opinion on watching soccer, what you clearly asked.

And yet literally everyone (except you) who has responded is a football fan. I just fail to understand why your'e taking the response so personal and serious. You made a statement ("Football is boring"), which I disagreed on, and responded to. And yet here you are, acting as if I obstructed your freedom of speech. Your'e totally free to respond and prove your statement. It's not like I'm attacking you for saying you don't like football.
Jan 13, 2019 9:04 AM
Feb 2017
Accel0305 said:
BlakexEkalb said:

And yet literally everyone (except you) who has responded is a football fan. I just fail to understand why your'e taking the response so personal and serious. You made a statement ("Football is boring"), which I disagreed on, and responded to. And yet here you are, acting as if I obstructed your freedom of speech. Your'e totally free to respond and prove your statement. It's not like I'm attacking you for saying you don't like football.

I'm not taking this seriously, I just don't see the purpose in saying the majority of the world disagrees with me.
It's just really unnecessary.
You say this, yet say unnecessary comments to me (hypocritical, if I may say). I honestly do not care if people do or do not like my opinion, I'm not taking any of this personally.
Jan 13, 2019 9:08 AM

Jun 2015
yhunata said:
Pretty much the only TV I watch anymore. My club, for over 10 years now (I was neutral before), are the 5 time UCL champions, Liverpool FC. I was too young to be allowed up late enough to watch the Miracle of Istanbul, but I did manage to catch the Miracle at Anfield couple of years ago. January is when we usually start to fuck up, but this is one January we absolutely cannot afford to fuck up at all.

Just to add a bit of trivia, most Maldivians support either Barca, Real or Man United. I happen to be one of the rarer Liverpool supporters, though I'm gonna guess Liverpool is soon gonna have a lot more supporters here. Also, apparently our old president is also a Liverpool fan and called all Liverpool fans in the area to a cafe' to watch the game against United, his treat. I, being the antisocial dickhead that I am, ultimately decided not to go for some retarded reason.

Haha that's interesting to know. Liverpool's definitely about to get more supporters (if they manage to keep going as they currently). They're really fun to watch, along with Man City. So do you think you guys have a chance at the CL?
Jan 13, 2019 9:24 AM

Apr 2011
Accel0305 said:
yhunata said:

Haha that's interesting to know. Liverpool's definitely about to get more supporters (if they manage to keep going as they currently). They're really fun to watch, along with Man City. So do you think you guys have a chance at the CL?

Not one bit. I think we can beat Bayern, but the first game without Van Dijk will be really tough to play. I can't see us getting to the semi-finals, so 4 more games at best, I'd say. I'll be very pleasantly surprised if we get to the semis.
Jan 13, 2019 9:29 AM

Jun 2015
BlakexEkalb said:
Accel0305 said:

I'm not taking this seriously, I just don't see the purpose in saying the majority of the world disagrees with me.
It's just really unnecessary.
You say this, yet say unnecessary comments to me (hypocritical, if I may say). I honestly do not care if people do or do not like my opinion, I'm not taking any of this personally.

I made that point about the majority of the world disagreeing with you to prove my point for why I think your statement (that football is boring) was false. But clearly it is a crime to ever disagree with you, so have it your way.
Jan 13, 2019 9:33 AM

Jun 2015
yhunata said:
Accel0305 said:

Not one bit. I think we can beat Bayern, but the first game without Van Dijk will be really tough to play. I can't see us getting to the semi-finals, so 4 more games at best, I'd say. I'll be very pleasantly surprised if we get to the semis.

Who knows? You might just get there. I mean most major teams in Europe are all playing below par. But then again, Klopp's major priority seems to lie with the league, so you might end up having to sacrifice the CL for it.
Jan 13, 2019 9:44 AM
Feb 2017
Accel0305 said:
BlakexEkalb said:

I made that point about the majority of the world disagreeing with you to prove my point for why I think your statement (that football is boring) was false. But clearly it is a crime to ever disagree with you, so have it your way.

Opinions are not fact, my friend. You can't prove an opinion wrong. You seem to be very hypocritical when it comes to what is unnecessary towards you and towards others.
Jan 13, 2019 9:58 AM
Aug 2016
I personally hate to practice any kind of sports, or to watch them. Well, I can watch it, but it will become boring for me. Unless it's swimming. I guess that's the only sport I watch, but I mean, in dramas, not like a competitions or something. I actually am watching now a Chinese drama with swimming and I can't take my eye off those guys abs. I guess that's the only reason why I even like to watch swimming shows, because of the abs and muscles hahaha.
Jan 13, 2019 10:06 AM

Jun 2015
Kuroko-chan said:
I personally hate to practice any kind of sports, or to watch them. Well, I can watch it, but it will become boring for me. Unless it's swimming. I guess that's the only sport I watch, but I mean, in dramas, not like a competitions or something. I actually am watching now a Chinese drama with swimming and I can't take my eye off those guys abs. I guess that's the only reason why I even like to watch swimming shows, because of the abs and muscles hahaha.

Lmao. That's pretty funny. I guess I also watch some sports for that reason XD
Jan 13, 2019 10:07 AM

Jan 2016
Accel0305 said:
Who knows? You might just get there. I mean most major teams in Europe are all playing below par. But then again, Klopp's major priority seems to lie with the league, so you might end up having to sacrifice the CL for it.
Losing the final game has always been Klopp's main priority lol

I love Real Madrid and i watch the matches even the copa del rey against all of those shitty clubs

Set by Aster
Jan 13, 2019 10:13 AM

Jun 2015
FruitPunchChinpo said:
Accel0305 said:
Losing the final game has always been Klopp's main priority lol

I love Real Madrid and i watch the matches even the copa del rey against all of those shitty clubs

He certainly does have a track record for that LoL. But hey, this season does look like it might just be his season
Jan 13, 2019 10:18 AM
Oct 2018
FC Goa
Bengaluru FC
ATK
Jamshedpur FC
Jan 13, 2019 10:21 AM
Oct 2018
Highlights of India vs Thailand from 8 days ago. How good do you think indian team played ?

Jan 13, 2019 10:35 AM

Jan 2016

Accel0305 said:
He certainly does have a track record for that LoL. But hey, this season does look like it might just be his season

I dunno brah they're indeed topped the league with 7 points gap from City
but who knows what gonna happen when they met Tottenham, Chelsea, or MU
this is like only half of the season right?

For now only watch and follow Real Madrid
I liked Chelsea too but now i barely watch em anymore

Set by Aster
Jan 13, 2019 10:39 AM

Jun 2015
Anushura said:
Highlights of India vs Thailand from 8 days ago. How good do you think indian team played ?

Seems like they did pretty well, but what was that defending from Thailand though?
Jan 13, 2019 10:42 AM

Jun 2015
FruitPunchChinpo said:

Accel0305 said:

I dunno brah they're indeed topped the league with 7 points gap from City
but who knows what gonna happen when they met Tottenham, Chelsea, or MU
this is like only half of the season right?

For now only watch and follow Real Madrid
I liked Chelsea too but now i barely watch em anymore

Yeah, that's true. I guess the league isn't really done and dusted yet
Jan 13, 2019 10:53 AM

Apr 2017
I support LFC and Juve. Feels good to be top of both leagues and in CL knockouts with both teams.
Jan 13, 2019 11:05 AM
Oct 2018
Accel0305 said:
Anushura said:

Seems like they did pretty well, but what was that defending from Thailand though?

Yup I also felt that. Even in our game against UAE that we lost 2-0, UAE defending was poor but we couldn't convert the chances.

Jan 13, 2019 2:10 PM
Jul 2018
I do not watch or participate in football anymore but I used to support Rangers F.C. They play in the Scottish Premier League and have a pretty strong rivalry with Celtic F.C.
Jan 13, 2019 3:03 PM

Aug 2017
I do it, but not often. I support Barcelona. I'm with Messi!
Jan 13, 2019 3:05 PM

Nov 2016
I've been a Milan fan my entire life, following them since '05. I still support them despite the glory day's being over. I've been to the San Siro before and saw some couple of matches when I was in Italy a few years back and also I'm an avid jersey collector, owning every Milan jersey from every season.

Jan 13, 2019 3:12 PM

Jan 2018
I am an very football fan here, i love some of its greatest footall clubs like Real Madrid, FC Barcelona, Manchester City, Juventus and other great european clubs. I mostly idolize Ronaldo, but i also support Neymar and Mbappe and Messi too. I don't watch football very much often, but i still trying to adjust to watch it.

I am also watching highlight and the Top Ranking of an football goals and how they goal very good.

Also, when there is an Spanish and Portugerse commentator, they will always shout "GOAL" in an longer duration upon footballer scoring the goal, i muted down so i won't litsen to it because it is extremely annoying and too loud.

My country seems to be not liking football very that much and are becoming more focuses on basketball, but football and basketball in Serbia are both strong sports.

I also play FIFA games, i play FIFA 19 on it.

I also know to hate USA becuase football isn't popular in USA at all, they always support American Football, hence why i love football from all over the world instead of US.

(sorry for my poor English)
Jan 13, 2019 4:57 PM

Jan 2013
I don't support any clubs but I do like to watch World Cup and European Championship. These and Ski Jumping World Cup are the only sports competitions I watch in general.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» It is too damn hot right now...I wonder why?

DesuMaiden - 2 hours ago

4 by Nette »»
30 minutes ago

» it's the weekend and my brains are really fried right now

tsukareru - 8 hours ago

25 by Nette »»
31 minutes ago

» How much IQ points do you lose when you interact with people in real life?

LenRea - May 20

29 by WaffleMaster89 »»
47 minutes ago

» Is there a cure for mental illness?

DesuMaiden - May 23

18 by WaffleMaster89 »»
1 hour ago

» Do You Trust Anyone?

LenRea - Yesterday

29 by Jamk_ »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.