Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online Alternative Gun Gale Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 5, 2018 8:26 PM

Feb 2012
LLEN's gun talking to her was pretty stupid and I'm still kinda sad with how lame M turned out. I am happy he helped her in the end but that scene with him crying...
May 5, 2018 8:58 PM

Feb 2017
When M said that if he died in the game he'd die in real life I had the biggest eye roll. Seriously, i thought we were done with this. Then... it just kinda got forgotten about? Karen doesn't seem bothered by it in real life?

The fighting in this episode was so insane and unbelievable i couldn't help but laugh. I'm content with calling this a super shallow show about a loli shooting people in a video game. If they try to make it any deeper it's just gonna get worse. I enjoyed the first 4 episodes before this, hope it turns back around for me
May 5, 2018 9:03 PM

Jul 2009
What the heck I just watched?
May 5, 2018 9:04 PM

Apr 2018
The last scene was great! But M was not cool.
May 5, 2018 9:19 PM

Dec 2016
Best episode so far, really loving this anime
May 5, 2018 9:31 PM

Jan 2008
Some of the gun fight scenes too silly to take seriously. Also what was in Llenn's pocket that was indestructible? Her talking to the gun was pretty hilarious though, not sure if that was just her hallucinating or what.

As long as we get more Llenn faces though, I'm okay with it. The ending with her smug expression is cute too.
May 5, 2018 9:36 PM

Sep 2016
So I guess P-chan should be listed as a character on MAL then.

Okay.
Ravioli ravioli, Kirito will not touch the loli.
May 5, 2018 10:26 PM

Nov 2015
DaLaw said:
HumbertoZero said:
That ending was beautiful.

Everything was good but the talking P-chan thing... like, wut?

this!
I was going to say the exact same thing.

unless P-chan is actually some AI remnant from SAO (random guesses)?
I'm not sure how I'd feel about that. I mean, it's possible but how will the plot justify?
So far the show's been great so I hope it doesn't let me down.
May 5, 2018 10:42 PM
Jun 2013
12HD said:
YizelTro said:
be honest, i like the action. really was satisfiying action scene. really intense, and hype, i like it a lot. but the fuck i got mind blown that, that bunch of amazon girl is actually little elementary girl lmafo.

andd...really, i only like the action. i was really good hahaha
and, rip p-chan.

i dont feel good.
I DONT WANNA GO!!

Spiderman... FeelsBadMan

Sorta makes you wonder if the animation crew saw at least some of the spoilers floating around on the internet from Infinity War (don't think that the movie's been released in Japan yet ), then when back and animated that 2-4 second scene. Anyway, loved the episode.
May 5, 2018 10:56 PM

Apr 2016
I'm feeling very MEH on how lucky LLEN was in this episode. I think the thing that mainly ticked me off was that Eva hit the immortal object like 4 times in a row. That's really my only complaint. Well, also the fact that LLEN missed point blank right afterwards when unloading her P90. I guess both got lucky in a sense. Whatevs. She did say that she was very lucky a few episodes ago, so I guess that's her dumb plot armor.

So, coming into this episode I looked at the promotional posters and also the OP and got a feeling the Pitohui might actually be the antagonist in this series. After watching M break down like that then I think I can say that he 100% is scared for his life. I feel like that was overlooked by LLEN/Karen. Nobody would be THAT scared of a fake/jokingly threat. I think M legitimately believed Pitohui would kill him if he died. Going to be interesting to see how that plays out.

I really enjoyed the post credits scene between Karen and Eva.. i forget her actual name. Got the feeling that they will be teaming up eventually.

I did like the episode though, but I do like this anime less than I did before I watched this episode.
[
May 5, 2018 10:59 PM

Feb 2011
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
Reload said:
You do remember that everyone's avatar is chosen at random, right? Not by choice. Also, if they all had a height complex, they obviously wouldn't care how they looked so long as they were tall.

well hey, just like LLEN did, they could always keep picking avatars until they were all hot and taller

If you take into account how much attention Pito complained about, choosing a hot avatar would not be a wise choice.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
May 6, 2018 12:29 AM

Apr 2016
Rest In P-chan...T^T
May 6, 2018 12:39 AM

May 2015
I would like to remind everyone who dislikes this anime that:

Umm...that's a live-ammo sniper right? If it's affected by wind and does have bullet drop, then:

BULLSHIT!

"You're out of ammo."
"So are you."
That's two matrix references in one episode.

"You cut me"
"She let it go right before..."
Alright alright, we can see that...

So those 6 girls were Karen's opponents. They now know each other in real life, and now Karen's got a rival and new friends to play with. Yay!
May 6, 2018 1:06 AM
Nov 2016
So they shot each other at point blank range with fucking machine guns and yet, neither of them died ...

Damn, this is some Kirito level plot armour.(not really, close enough though)

I am guessing that Pitohui is the singer that the tall chick likes IRL, that's why she isn't in SJ because she's at that concert of her's.
May 6, 2018 1:12 AM

Feb 2014
R.I.P P-chan. It was great to hear you speak and have eyes and all, but your sacrifice in that battle helped LLENN go into rage mode and squeezed that victory.

In all honestly, the action was over the top in a game that isn't all fully realistic, as explained before, but it did succeed in getting me on the edge of my seat with the same over the top action.

And I knew that M would help LLENN out in her time of need as well, although it took him longer than I thought it would. Still, his help gave LLENN a fighting chance though.

The post credit scene was nice as well, with Karen and those six high schoolers now knowing about the other from GGO and having a lot of respect for each other too. =)

Wasshio said:
To be fair I don't like the spin-off as much compared to the original (which is something I actually like) However... am I the ONLY person in here that didn't actually found the end point that bad compared to others? I get it, it's over the top, but I don't think it was THAT bad to where it can bring me scratching my head.

Granted I don't think this is actually entertaining in full personally (again, original already does that for me) but I don't know for sure. I just didn't got pissed off at the writing considering this was a bit more obvious than anything.

You'e not the only one. The writing at times isn't anything to write home about, but I feel others here on MAL do tend to over-react and/or over-exaggerate their criticisms about SAO in general and this spin-off is no exception to that. See the last episode's discussion to see what I mean about a certain user's petty criticisms, but for me, I find it entertaining, despite the shows faults and I'm find with that.
May 6, 2018 1:13 AM
Jul 2018
P-chan nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Also I never expected that last group to be those kids Karen sees every day XD
May 6, 2018 1:32 AM

Apr 2018
How can people complain that that M stuff was over the top ,illogical , and just stupid if the relation between M and that black girl in real life wasn't shown yet

And most of the things that people are calling illogical are logical (for exemple she didn't stop shooting that spot where the immortal object was because she didn't uderstand why llen wasn't getting hurt and because the immortal object sign showed after she finished shooting and she chose to shoot that spot in the first place cause shooting the heart would be deadly i guess)

It was a nice episode and i liked the plot twist at the end
And it showed another character that seam to be using her stat points in a special way (on her strengh mostly)

3.5/5 ep
AkerakaiMay 6, 2018 1:37 AM
May 6, 2018 2:01 AM
Jul 2016
They should have gotten Hermes to voice P-chan... that would be as meta as it gets!

Action managed to be extremely fun and had me on the edge of my seat in spite off plot convenient bullshit.
May 6, 2018 2:07 AM
Jul 2018
In Kino's journey (same author with this) we have a talking motorbike, now in this ep we have a talking gun? Like, wtf? Anyway, in this ep LLENN is soloing (until M come to rescue), running, shooting and also cutting (didn't expect she would get so skillfully with knife after some verbal instruction of M), the last fight is awesome plus the sound track is wonderful. I really ẹnjoy this show, can't wait for the next episode.
May 6, 2018 2:13 AM
Feb 2018
I have been wondering about a song i heard in the episode.I adored it!Can someone please tell me if they find anything about it?Its the song that plays when P-chan explodes and when Boss & LLENN start fighting...Minute 16:58.I really want to find which song,so i appreciate any help...
SelenMHMay 6, 2018 2:26 AM
May 6, 2018 2:46 AM
Apr 2016
MegaMeo said:
In Kino's journey (same author with this) we have a talking motorbike, now in this ep we have a talking gun? Like, wtf? Anyway, in this ep LLENN is soloing (until M come to rescue), running, shooting and also cutting (didn't expect she would get so skillfully with knife after some verbal instruction of M), the last fight is awesome plus the sound track is wonderful. I really ẹnjoy this show, can't wait for the next episode.

To be honest here it makes some sense, as a product of LLENN's mental pressure. I did not view the Kino no Tabi, but from what I have heard, that one is art-house. So this is actually quite decent yet.
Re:formed
May 6, 2018 3:11 AM

Jul 2016
I did enjoyed the animated fight as I have did enjoyed it in the novel. The fight with the insert song gave me the SAO vibe, particularly the main GGO.

Surprisingly, I didn't expect M's voice to be this funny when I've read that part of volume 1. Talking P-chan is probably her imagination, though the moe eyes appearing in it, lol 3Hz.

And that partially ends of volume 1, though it still have little contents before and after the meeting of Karen and the other girls, we might see it next week before volume 2's.
May 6, 2018 3:29 AM
May 2017
rafaelhwk said:
After watching M break down like that then I think I can say that he 100% is scared for his life. I feel like that was overlooked by LLEN/Karen. Nobody would be THAT scared of a fake/jokingly threat. I think M legitimately believed Pitohui would kill him if he died.

Yeah, at the end of the episode I was like, yeah well, could we get back to that the Pito person is clinically insane?
But I think she didn't belive it at all. And can you blame her? I don't think I would belive it as well: some random dude from my team in LoL would say something like this.
I think she was like:

Though I hope they won't go overboard with this clinically insane thing.

Also I found the conversation at the end funny as fck:
(just like me trying to form sentences when communicating with strangers)
I've always hated being tall,
but, well, the day befor eyesterday
it just stopped mattering to me,
so I got a haircut.

How did you get over your complex?

That's...
...because I repeatedly fought for my life.
I realized that if I didn't give up,
I'd survive somehow.

Th-That's amazing!

I was like:

So the show is not perfect whatsoever, but currently I find it quite entertaining.
A pink midget running around murdering everything, and unlike in most of this kind of anime, she's not always playing 100% fair, she's exploiting whatever she can. Also she's an infamous PK-er, what they stated in the original "only bad guys do that".

Yeah, she's quote "OP", but is still making lot's of mistakes, struggling, getting hit (yep, still she's really lucky, but how else should they take on a teams with 3 times more players), and in the end despite doing extraordinary well, she still couldn't have won on her own.

Also the other team is also probably not the most experienced team as well:
they are high school girls
individually probably not the greates players, but they had good teamwork
maybe they played the waiting game like LLEENN's team in the beginning
other better teams could have knocked each other out in the meantime
probably many of the best players in GGO weren't even playing, Squad Jam being a new thing and all
imSOuniqueMay 6, 2018 3:39 AM
May 6, 2018 3:43 AM

Jul 2015
Well... that was a lot. P-Chan started talking and they finally got that last battle in. Had quite a few really nice moments in there, and a couple of questionable ones but it was a really damn good fight to the end.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 6, 2018 3:48 AM

Jan 2014
Don't know if anyone posted any information about the song that was played during the fight between LLENN and Eva, but the song is「Independence」and it will be released next week on May 13th.

https://news.infoseek.co.jp/article/mynavi_1760665/

Here's the article
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2018 4:00 AM
May 2017
I have 2 word: Plot Armor
May 6, 2018 4:17 AM
Feb 2018
those for who don't understand why LLEN have immoortal object on his chest, you can see in the beginning there's a thing that can't be shoot in the her chest's pocket
May 6, 2018 5:21 AM
Jul 2017
VanishingKira said:
Even when it's not about swords,the sword..knife still wins wew.

to be fair, a knife works better than a gun in close range
May 6, 2018 5:26 AM
Jul 2017
MegaMeo said:

actually in the novel there's a part where M trains llenn about knife combat where llenn almost beat M with a similar movements, i guess that's why they cut that part out
May 6, 2018 5:54 AM
Apr 2018
Wasn't really a fan of talking p-chan but it's a shame it was destroyed
Interesting character development in M though, I kind of like his character more though? If only just for comic relief
I can't wait to see more from Pitou and her scary side, and maybe those high schoolers as well
I found myself holding my breath throughout the final battle, M was a bit of a wimp but I guess he pulled through in the end, very happy LM won though, LLENN's training really paid off!
May 6, 2018 5:56 AM

Nov 2016
Paul said:
Some of the gun fight scenes too silly to take seriously. Also what was in Llenn's pocket that was indestructible? Her talking to the gun was pretty hilarious though, not sure if that was just her hallucinating or what.

As long as we get more Llenn faces though, I'm okay with it. The ending with her smug expression is cute too.

The talking gun part was just her active imagination.

As for the thing in her breast pocket, it's the terminal scanner:

It was explained in ep 3 when they talk about SJ rules that the terminal is an immortal object.

Yes, all those unnecessary expositions are actually necessary.

Noumu said:

The "problem" is that were talking about a "tournament" here, not a casual deathmatch game. You're right, the age of her opponents isn't that much of a problem however, the lack of tryhards is. Now the author probably isn't that much of a gamer so I understand why he wrote certain things the way he did but this makes LLENN look like another OP protagonist when "the problem" actually lies with "everyone else".

And you're forgetting that SJ is a very small scale first time tournament not international e-sport tournament with high prize like BoB. Even Pito mentioned that chance to meet BoB level participants are small, majority SJ participant are low to mid-tier player. In a way it IS a casual deathmatch game.
ShinraroMay 6, 2018 6:04 AM
May 6, 2018 6:28 AM

Jan 2016
I just... couldn't take this episode seriously. Not either good or bad, it was so average.
Detective1412May 6, 2018 6:31 AM
May 6, 2018 7:18 AM

Apr 2012
Loved the action, I was on the edge of my seat.

Lol, those huge women are actually small schoolgirls in real life. total opposite of LLEN.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

May 6, 2018 7:35 AM

Jan 2008
:'D Honestly, I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying this. It's quite mindless and not exactly plausible in how the fights turn out but somehow that's exactly what makes it fun, that and even the talking P-chan... I like it.
May 6, 2018 7:41 AM
Jun 2017
GREAT EPISODE!!! Congrats to Team LM for winning the squad jam. i just love that battle. and guess what LLENN has been hacked, she cant be killed (immortal object) and P CHAN has been used as a shield thus causing her to survive that round... hahahaha...

and the last part where he met the boss in real life. hahaha... sometimes your character is really different from real life... hahaha
May 6, 2018 8:22 AM

Dec 2016
it was a divertising episode, i wanna see if she makes a team or something like that
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
May 6, 2018 8:22 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I had a feeling those school girls would have some relevance. Those girls sure have good chemistry. LLENN would have lost had M not stepped in to back her up considering she was low in ammo and her opponents had some pretty good weapons that would have made it hard for her to attack back.

I like how at the end Boss and LLENN shook hands irl. Would be interesting to see those 2 work together or battle once more.

LLENN took them shots rather well if not great. She tanked them like those wall Pokemon which high defenses, except she has speed as well.
I wonder what the next arc will be about.~

May 6, 2018 8:31 AM
Jul 2015
FoolishAnimeMan said:
Would anyone happen to know the name of the music that plays during battles? I really like it.
It's in the ending credits if you're asking for the insert song mate
May 6, 2018 8:42 AM
Jul 2015
Akuma-chi said:
This episode was so damn surreal that I just couldn't take it seriously.
yes thank god I wasn't the only one
tbh I was really happy with the show before episode 5, I was really excited about the next episode. Real life Karen is real cute then she getting a short character in GGO and M's cool af, but then came this episode. M's cool character is suddenly broken in an unpleasant way, LLENN's suddenly chill af, and P-chan suddenly talking. I know sometimes anime and manga can be illogical, but the stuff that happened in this episode are just too damn illogical. Also are most of the characters in this show supposed to be polar opposite in this show?? I get the gap moe but the gap's too big and it's in almost every character I can't feel the "moe-ness" anymore. I think this might be a problem when making the original novel into an anime, like not pacing it well enough and stuff. Also noticed some bad art in the ending and tbh I didn't like the ending animations. Song was great though
May 6, 2018 8:47 AM

May 2012
Best episode so far i liked the action
May 6, 2018 9:03 AM

Feb 2018
Was I the only one who felt the combat seemed so silly? It felt way too lighthearted for M to actually be in any danger. It seemed like it didn't take itself seriously, which I would love if it wasn't in the setting it was in. Even tho it wasn't totally irredeemable, it was still a step backwards imo... and that's coming from someone who wants to see this spinoff succeed so badly since I LOVE BR games. I have a feeling people who were on the fence about this show will have hit their wits end once they watch this episode. I thought the after-ending scene was good tho. Coulda been handled a little bit better (wtf was that part of the interaction about her complex? I did not get the correlation between her fighting in SJ and learning to be confident and getting over her hatred of being tall), but I'm happy Karen is actually development outside of GGO so I won't complain much about it.

Ok, time to talk about the P-chan... it was a terrible decision (to put it lightly), even though it was just LLENN's imagination. They did at least realize how stupid it was and had LLENN flip out, but I'm just gonna try to forget that fucking incident or I won't be able to take this show seriously in the future when P-chan is in the frame. I don't know how I feel about the immortal iPod thing since it"s just a convenient source of plot armor, but I don't hate it since it has a reason to be there and it would actually be a good tactic to place it where you could get shot. I did think it was odd how Boss (forgot her name) shot her in the same place at least 4 four times and didn't think to move the barrel, but I can chalk that up to overconfidence on Boss's part since she thought LLENN was done for. Also, I really don't get how LLENN missed so many shots when the barrel was in Boss's face but yet they curved around her, logic amiright? It would've been better if she swung it up while firing, run out of bullets before she could aim at a vital part, and then begin their scuffle once they realize P-chan was dry on rounds. Would've made it far more believable instead of LLENN just spraying bullets for 10 seconds.

As I said before though, I didn't HATE this episode. I did like that Karen further recognized how she can use her speed and small stature and how M actually had a good reason for flipping out. For everyone who think he doesn't, think about it. Pito is a certifiable psychopath according to M and if a psychopath threatened your life, wouldn't you believe it and try to save our life?

I also really enjoyed how Karen started to use crazy tactics like any would in a game, i.e. using the explosion to cover her retreat. I also really liked how she memed her pursuers by sitting and that rock and surprising them. This was probably my favorite moment since I could see my self doing this if I could just for the hell of it lmao. Can't tell you how many times I died just so our friends could meme some kid by beating them with frying pans in PUBG or toying with people in Fortnite. It's funny how a small 5 second scene is my favorite from the whole episode because it encapsulates how even though we wanna win at games, having fun in hames is still more fun. I wish they woulda used it in a normal game later in the arc instead in the match where M's life is on the line tho :/
Kwen53May 6, 2018 9:35 AM

Do-do-donuts, let’s go nuts!
May 6, 2018 9:27 AM
Jan 2018
Poxa, se eu for executar um inimigo imobilizado a queima roupa, eu atiro direto na cara! Não no coração. ae a LLENN fica viva por causa de um mísero aparelho rastreador? muito ruim esse desenvolvimento.
May 6, 2018 10:06 AM

Jan 2017
This anime is weirdly epic, it's so strange yet so enjoyable.

The final fight was great, I'd have liked to have known M San's motive for wanting to kill LLENN... It was all a bit odd

The way fight went down was just screaming out for LLENN to pull out the knife. Which she did, so kudos to that.
But the way she met the squad felt a bit cringe, to easy to be a coincidence. But it's nice to know the posse of hers that was seen in the first episode as it helped to give them a bit of depth rather than just being extras.
May 6, 2018 10:11 AM
Aug 2016
uninstallthegame said:
uhm, so many questions...

-she's fast enough to dodge a bullet and not fast enough to dodge a kick?
-immortal object? a piece of player's body? clothing?
-ok, immortal object, why shoot the same spot over and over?
-she missed point blank from p90? that needs a lot of effort to do that
-even though she shots a straight line of bullets from range..
-knifing legs affects persons body and she falls down on knees, llenn gets shot multiple times, doesn't give a fuck, nice

well, what am i even complaining about, such a shitty writing couldn't apply under normal game logic

upd: also, that bullet to bullet scene was just like evangelion's one, but it didn't affect the bullet trajectory, sadly

No it wasnt the cloth it was said that it was the scanner . Now she couldnt dodge because she was trying to shoot her down so she got kicked she wasnt moving while the boss was running toward her . Now how did she cover the gun shots with the pchan . It was implied that the line comes out it can be dodged while the boss kept shooting on the same spot she could protect herself thanks to the red line
Now i think maybe the author gave more explaination in the light novels
Amjad5May 6, 2018 10:15 AM
May 6, 2018 10:17 AM
Mar 2018
Too much luck!!! Even the devil sometimes runs out of luck, but LLEN doesn't. First instance 8 rounds, saved by the scanner, 2nd instance another 8 rounds of clipping, shielded herself with her gun. And the ability to dodge bullets at close range, even with prediction line line it's hard dodging, she did it with ease. Guess she can use observation haki!!! Good episode. The ending was good
May 6, 2018 10:48 AM

Dec 2010
Trash,t his episode was utter garbage.
The plot armor felt like me, a viewer, got just spat on the face by the author. abysmal.

I liked it until ep4, but this here was tragic, beyond saving.
May 6, 2018 11:08 AM

Feb 2015
nebula4th said:
YizelTro said:
be honest, i like the action. really was satisfiying action scene. really intense, and hype, i like it a lot. but the fuck i got mind blown that, that bunch of amazon girl is actually little elementary girl lmafo.

andd...really, i only like the action. i was really good hahaha
and, rip p-chan.

i dont feel good.
I DONT WANNA GO!!

they are 2nd grade highschoolers
karen is university student

----------------------------------------
mrs LLENN, i dont feel good

ohh lmao highschooler. the difference between height took me to that conclusion hahaha
May 6, 2018 11:29 AM

Aug 2014
last two episodes killed the ride for me.. i was pretty into it until them.. now its just weird mystery crap
May 6, 2018 11:47 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
ok episode. Seems like IRL Pitou is crazy and P chan can talk. Although it wasnt for long as P chan died later on. Saddest anime death of the year so far imo. :^(
May 6, 2018 12:11 PM

Jul 2012
Cutting all the bullshit aside - cutting all the episode aside there's nothing left ... I mean it is a virtual world and some random/lucky stuff might happen, but there should be at least some kind of reasoning to believe in what was happening. That was just something ...
Talking P-chan was really weird.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Can i watch this without havent seen other SAO show?

Fpizarro - Oct 11

22 by taint00 »»
Oct 14, 7:47 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

66 by Kuruwin »»
Oct 13, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 11 Discussion

19 by Kuruwin »»
Oct 13, 12:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 10 Discussion

23 by Kuruwin »»
Oct 13, 12:07 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 8 Discussion

22 by Kuruwin »»
Oct 11, 1:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.