Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 20, 2018 11:13 AM

Nov 2016
SteelingMax said:
Raichi_ said:

Where do you find such detailed information about who animated which parts of the episode?

I don't, i go by the art and animation style, in this episode it's really easy to spot Naoki Tate and Naotoshi Shida because they have very distinct styles, in both art and animation, some of the other guys i could spot on this episode were Futoshi Hagashide, Shuuichiro Manabe and Tu Yong-ce, but it's really hard sometimes because they were heavily corrected by Yamamuro in the Goku shots and it's also a bit harder to know who's animating based only on Jiren.

on youtube, there is a guy who does breakdowns of Dragon Ball Super's episode animation, AnimeAjay, it's easy to find, he's really good.

I see... Thank you!
Mar 20, 2018 3:58 PM

May 2017
Weku112 said:
RandomCritic said:
Discrimination!
Why didn't zeno gave a penalty to Jiren when he attacked the stage?!
That's favoritism!

Obviously Zeno will not disqualify Jiren, just because they want to watch the fight, lol. They don't care that much about the rules

I still call favoritism because they erased Frost when he tried to do the same.
Mar 20, 2018 8:52 PM
Mar 2018
Aoiyasha said:
Kesenaii said:

"Power of friendship" its always been prevalent in DBZ. How did Goku go Super Saiyan? Krillin, his best friend died. How did Goku defeat Buu? A spirit bomb, made literally out of the power of friendship.

Genkidama isn't power of friendship. It simply takes energy from all living things. If those living things have consciousness and wish to share more, they can do that. You can't be friends with grass/dirt/planets.

About SS, Goku unlocked SS because of anger. He said that himself. You can see that again when gohan went berserk against cell. Just ask yourself, how did Vegeta unlock SS?

Kesenaii said:

"Goku is out of character" No, no he is not. He even states, he is "not a hero of justice". Some of you may bring up that, "Hope of the universe" speech from DBZ to counter this, but thats a english dub only speech, which strays from Goku's character. He likes to fight strong guys and if they hurt his friends, then he fights for revenge. Watch literally anything from original Japanese DBZ, Kai or read the manga for proof.

Yes he's out of character. Him saying that cheesy line is in itself out of character. We know that he's not a hero of justice. Goku doesn't use "talk no jutsu" or lecture his opponents.
He fights them because he enjoys fighting strong opponents and is even willing to kill them if they pose a threat or if he's angry enough. The main reason he didn't kill Piccolo and Vegeta is because he wanted someone to fight and make him stronger and killing Piccolo=killing Kami. The main reason he didn't kill Frieza is because he wanted to humiliate him.

I don't know why you bring the English dub because I never watched it. English is not my native language and I'm fairly proficient in Japanese so I stick to Japanese dubs and I'm talking from my view point of the manga +DB+DBZ animes.

You are making a false dichotomy. The reason why Goku became a super saiyan on Namek is because he was angry that Freeza killed his BEST FRIEND Krillin. Remember that line super saiyan Goku said to Freeza about killing Krillin? Remember how he powered up when Goku Black told him how he killed ChiChi and Goten? It's the anger Goku feels when his FRIENDS and family is threated powers him up. The nakama trope was always there in Dragonball. Its were most modern shonen got it from in the first place. Notice how most of Goku's enemies become his FRIENDS throughout the franchise. So no, Goku was not out-of-character. Being selfish doesn't mean you don't care about other people at all. Its not a black-or-white thing.
kn83Mar 20, 2018 8:57 PM
Mar 20, 2018 10:55 PM

Oct 2011
So cheap... also we wasted the whole episode on visual effects added to reused fighting scenes

Mar 21, 2018 11:54 AM
Oct 2014
RandomCritic said:
Weku112 said:

Obviously Zeno will not disqualify Jiren, just because they want to watch the fight, lol. They don't care that much about the rules

No he didn't. He actually did the opposite.
Mar 21, 2018 3:03 PM

May 2017
Adome said:
RandomCritic said:

No he didn't. He actually did the opposite.

what is the difference?
Frost attacked someone out of the tournament.
Jiren attacked someone out of the tournament.
Whether one was in the benches and the other was inside the ring makes no difference because because both attacked outside of the rules of being outside the tournament.
Frost attacked from the benches when he was no longer participating. Jiren attacked those who were not participating.
Both attacked with the intent to kill.
None hit the target.
No killing rule and no attacking none-combatant rule were broken.
Frost got erased.
Jiren is still in the game.
Conclusion: Favoritism.
Mar 22, 2018 6:52 AM

Dec 2014
nice episode finally the finale…. I was not expecting a dick move from Jiren like that.. good to see frieze and NO 17 still hanging in there…last episode to go…I am happy and sad now

Mar 24, 2018 9:30 PM

Feb 2015
Katsuo_ said:
SteelingMax said:

He wasn't credited as an animator but he is the series animation supervisor and he's credited on every episode, he just has some corrections on the episode, a few of them are from bank animation though, i think he corrected some shots from Atsushi Nikaido and Kenji Miuma, but he mainly corrects the face of Goku on close-ups.

https://hypb.imgix.net/image/2018/03/goku-jiren-dragon-ball-super-spoiler-00.jpg?fit=max&q=90&w=500&h=333&auto=compress%2Cformat

He'll be supervising the next episode, let's see if he'll let Yuya Takahashi do his thing or not, i'd say yes based on the preview.

Based on the preview for the next episode, he did correct Yuya Takahashi a little bit, it’s a shame.

I stand corrected, sadly, Takahashi's art style didn't shine that much on episode 131.
I'm glad he'll be part of the movie though.
SteelingMaxMar 24, 2018 10:25 PM

Mar 24, 2018 9:33 PM

Feb 2015
uzee said:
So cheap... also we wasted the whole episode on visual effects added to reused fighting scenes

What? there were very few reused shots on this episode.

Mar 25, 2018 6:46 AM

Mar 2016
SteelingMax said:
Katsuo_ said:

Based on the preview for the next episode, he did correct Yuya Takahashi a little bit, it’s a shame.

I stand corrected, sadly, Takahashi's art style didn't shine that much on episode 131.
I'm glad he'll be part of the movie though.

Yeah it’s a shame that Yamamuro didn’t give Takahashi full freedom, but it still looked very good nonetheless. Takahashi’s distinct movements and action is just so strong.
Katsuo_Mar 25, 2018 9:13 AM

Apr 8, 2018 1:13 PM
Oct 2013
This is the first DBS episode where blood appeared.
May 16, 2018 1:52 PM

Dec 2015
A no-fight fight episode, great... But I wouldn't have expected anything more from Dragon Ball Z/GT's successor.

1/5 What's the point in cultivating the wait until this final brawl if you can't see any fighting move?
May 22, 2018 5:58 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Again, one more time, when the end was near, all change, a new turn in the plot!!!
Goku was near to win, but in the last second his body ended corrupted and now is KO, but Freiza and A-17 appears miraculously!!!!
Jiren only has a few seconds (in this anime this mean a 10 episode aprox.! lol- Bad Joke)!!!
Well, is to spin the same thing, again and again and again and again!!! BORING!!!
Feb 9, 2019 4:16 AM
Dec 2013
HOLY SHIT! THAT WAS AWESOOOOOOOME!
Jun 22, 2020 6:15 PM

Dec 2012
The real fight begins now.
Dat theme. Goku charges at Jiren with the quickness.
WTF! Actual blood in Super?
Goku stopped Jiren's attack then kicked him.
Goku stopped Jiren's blast with his own.
Dat blue smoke.
Dat abortion punch!
Jiren is back up.
Jiren powers up.
Dat fire.
Dat form.
Jiren's blast knocks Goku to the ground.
Ha!!
Owari da!
Dat explosion.
Dat new intermission.
Goku charges at Jiren.
Goku gets hit by Jiren's blast.
Kuririn.
Goku gets back up.
Dat DB flashback.

What a development. I thought it was Freeza who struck Goku from behind, but it wasnt. lol I did not expect 17 to be alive. The battle was good, but I really prefer earlier Jiren. When Goku said "Yurusanai zo!" before fucking up Jiren, the animated scene was similar to Kami to Kami when Goku was punching the rocks then turning SSJ.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 2, 2021 12:17 PM

Jun 2019
Amazing animation, amazing fight. Everything was on point. Didn't expect to see 17 alive.
Apr 28, 2021 4:38 AM

Jan 2013
Absolutely great, especially the scenes after Jiren tried to blow up Universe 7's fighters.
May 12, 2021 5:21 PM

Jan 2010
I'm pretty sure if given the opportunity, Goku would depart permanently from Universe 7 to fight stronger and stronger opponents in other realms of existence. Especially with his characterization and motivations since Super started, I think he values fighting more than his relationships with people.

These past few episodes seem to be rushing to push Jiren into the villain role, but it seems kind of empty. He exists as this immovable wall of a character without much else to his name. I suppose it's a way to give Goku some moral high ground, despite Goku only being here for fights to begin with.

Thinking back, why didn't this arc begin with the Zenos comment offhandedly about needing to multiple universes, and Goku comes in suggesting a tournament to at least save one of them? Goku suggesting the tournament first, then having it explained that the Zenos were intending to destroy multiple universe anyways, felt like an afterthought. Otherwise, Goku really would have been the true villain, causing the deaths of multiple universes from his battle addiction.

Lastly, was Jiren's blast really that dangerous to the people on the stands? There were multiple angels + Beerus there who were also in range of the blast, so I'd imagine they could have deflected Jiren's blast easily.
Sep 23, 2021 9:15 AM
Jul 2020
this episode was so fucking cold
Nov 5, 2021 10:08 AM

Sep 2018
OMG

This fight was legendary!

I love Goku <3

OMG that twist in the end as well :D

#17 never died or disqualified LOL

I'm glad Frieza and 17 managed to help Goku stay in the ring after his fall!

CANT WAIT FOR NEXT xDDD
Dec 22, 2022 1:38 AM

Nov 2020
Excellent and intense fight between 2  monsters.
Mar 5, 2023 12:51 PM

Oct 2011
All I was thinking during this episode is how funny it'd be to have one of those two disqualified out of nowhere because one of their ki blasts happened to randomly kill off Frieza, who was still laying inconscious somewhere lol...
May 16, 2023 9:52 PM

Nov 2015
I hated it, what's this red neon animation joke lol. Previous ep. also had that weird silver wrapped Goku animation yuck! I also thought at the beginning it was furiza doing heh
Anyways, this show can't be saved with just a couple of good sakuga bits from time to time, c' mon guys xD 2/5.

💢

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Bergamo is a good antagonist

LowcchierTheory - Jun 8

2 by INTJ_Ren »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 35 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

70 by TheColonel76 »»
Jun 6, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2016

126 by TheColonel76 »»
Jun 6, 7:31 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hyack - Feb 27, 2016

125 by TheColonel76 »»
Jun 6, 6:51 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 32 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2016

78 by TheColonel76 »»
May 31, 1:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.