Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 13, 2017 8:37 PM

Jun 2015
Shit start, good show? Hopefully?

I have the same reason for being a gamer. Actually, the thought of playing games for competition kind of disgusts me to some extent...Not as in I find people who do that disgusting, I just can't even consider torturing myself to be better at something that was supposed to be fun in the first place. So seeing an MC with the same outlook on gaming as me was awesome, and I can see his reason for not joining the club, but MAN YOU MADE A GIRL CRY FFS! I get that he's supposed to be a relatable shy character but if you joining a club would mean so much to someone (a cute girl, as a matter of fact) then you do it, even as a casual gamer. I doubt that they wouldn't accept him as a casual. I mean, forcefully getting better at gaming isn't so bad if you're doing it with friends who can teach you while you're all having fun. So, I hope the MC stops being a wimp and gets his shit together, other than that the show seems fun, looking forward to the next episode.

ShadowMonkeyJul 13, 2017 8:54 PM
Jul 13, 2017 8:42 PM

Jun 2014
okay.. Now Im the kinda person who absolutely hated KonoSuba's type of humor and couldnt even get past one full episode of it. With that said, I am VERY surprised that I found this funny. The awkwardly worded conversations and followup reactions were just hilarious.
Jul 13, 2017 8:46 PM
Feb 2012
Is there a shortage of male seiyuu? Gon was great but he was also 12.

ButtSlapper said:
i heard that the production rushed like hell to get 1st ep finished just a few days ago.

I get the feeling this will turn into a power point presentation later due to scheduling.
ahneemeJul 13, 2017 8:49 PM
Jul 13, 2017 9:03 PM

Apr 2011
Not sure if anyone noticed since it wasn't mentioned here. But there's Gamestop.
Jul 13, 2017 9:05 PM

Jul 2012
I like Karen a lot

I also of course like games
Jul 13, 2017 9:05 PM
Jul 2017
Overall, I enjoyed this first episode. I understand, though, that Amano san's decision to reject Tendou san's offer may seem offputting to some, but I actually think it shows a level of maturity that's rarely found in romcom, club-based anime. Sure, Amano gets flustered around cute girls and perhaps turning down a club where he could possibly have the time of his life may seem like an immature decision, but when Amano says "seriously, I can't join your club," that immature tone is gone, and he states his decision with conviction. His reasoning may be strange to some, and I understand that. I mean, Tendou san says he doesn't have to be good at games to join, so he can still play for fun if he wants. Nonetheless, even if there is no need to feel pressured to be skilled for competition, the club will always carry with it the medals and trophies to create that pressure within him. Of course, that pressure is something one creates by oneself, but I think Amano understands that, and that gave him even more reason to reject Tendou's offer. I think Amano san understands that he would probably put that pressure on himself, and he would be overwhelmed with it. And the fact that Amano rejects Tendou twice-with very little hesitation for that matter-shows that he has a good enough understanding of himself that he can make decisions based off of his own convictions instead of the opinions of others. That understanding shows a level of maturity that I rarely find in romcom MCs. That's not to say that he has his immature side as well. His nervous monologues are prime examples of that; those immature actions show the classic male loser MC character found ubiquitously throughout anime romcoms. Despite that, however, Amano-san, through his rejection, also shows that he can have a more serious side, led by his own convictions, and that he can trust in himself. That side is one rarely seen in anime romcoms. (I will admit though, when Amano san asks if he made Tendou san angry, it totally ruins the mature moment he had in rejecting her). Anyway, while it may not be anything special to some, it is a breath of fresh air to see a more mature side to a romcom MC at the beginning of the anime, so I'm looking forward to seeing which direction this anime goes.
Jul 13, 2017 9:16 PM

Sep 2011
Pandering to the next generation of kid gamers. As someone who has been online gaming since UT99 I gotta say that whoever was in charge of this show has no idea how high tier FPS gamers really are.

This guy has radar and sees the guy and backs away? Plz. High tiered gamers will hunt you down relentlessly twitch shooting with unreal accuracy. Also the guy had a fkn sidearm out?

How come he couldn't lock the match down even more when he a so called pro champion who doesn't wanna go easy on people? With split screen?

The learning/difficulty curb is too high for him to just git gud by playing a pro who wont go easy on him. He needs to play against lower tiered players and get a feel for things and gradually get better. You can't just teach someone to git gud.

Also, I have that headset. Hyper X Cloud II gaming headset. Though mine is gun metal. I could tell easily as I had them on while watching this. Has the giant x, the stitching on top, and the metal part holding it together.
NEETs (No Employment Education Training) are the least desirable people anybody would want to hire and yet they are the first choice to become moderators/admins around the internet. They have yet to have established a sense of responsibility or role in society and many are plain leeches (with minor exceptions). They are given "authority" to police sections of the internet with the powers of The Judge, Jury, and Executioner. Isn't that weird?
-Migrating to another site-
Update 11/9/2016 - Inactive Over a Year. Logged in to laugh at elections.
Jul 13, 2017 9:17 PM

Aug 2014
Taizong said:
Not sure if anyone noticed since it wasn't mentioned here. But there's Gamestop.

Lol Kunio kun poster
Jul 13, 2017 9:28 PM

Sep 2013
3/5- Enjoyable premiere. It was kind of nothing in the first half but once they got to the club, things got niteresting. Loved seeing things I recognized like CSGO's dust 2 map and the Kingston Hyper X Headset.

I really like Tendou and Amano. At first I didn't really like Amano but then I started connecting to his desire to play games for fun. I use to play competitively on CSGO and won a few local tournaments. I was also a top 100 Solo Demon Hunter in Diablo 3 in 2 straight seasons so that was cool. But when I decided to play casually life was so much more fun...and I broke less headphones.

I loved that the entire episode showed Amano being excited to join a game club with Tendou. As for Tendou, they built her up to be this popular girl who everyone has a crush on so when the episode ended, I did not expect Amano to flat out reject Tendou's offer...twice. Once in front of the other club members and the second in front of their class mates.

Anyways, there are a few interesting characters I'd like to get to know so I guess I'm sold.

Jul 13, 2017 9:53 PM
Jul 2018
Force other player to be better and refuse to join club with weird reason. I just hope the character development will be good.
Jul 13, 2017 9:58 PM
Jul 2017
Pretty good 1st ep. Tendo is so likable.
And what the heck with those spoilerish text like "this losers and hot girlfriend will meet in secret" lol
Kaze senpai is a pro NOT CSGO player, they should've played compet though instead of dm against bot
I don't really understand why he reject the invitation even though he said he didn't like competition. I hope Tendo doesn't give up on him after that rejection
Jul 13, 2017 10:06 PM

Oct 2014
He chooses his ideals over a cute girl...
Amano-kun has my greatest respect!
Jul 13, 2017 10:14 PM

Jan 2014
That was surprisingly charming, and the fact MC rejected the main girl's invitation was an interesting twist. Also that topic of casual vs competitive is a constant of games. If it can be explored further it should prove educative.
Jul 13, 2017 10:37 PM

Sep 2016
woah this was pretty dumb lol. MC's reasoning for declining was so frustratingly retarded i wanted to put a toothpick under my toenail and kick a wall as hard as i could. yeah man you totally wouldn't be allowed to just play games by yourself the way you want to in there. impossible. it's not like when you walked into the room you saw 2 different people playing games by themselves and having fun.

i also really enjoyed how he learns that he absolutely hates competitive gaming from a single 2 hour session of a game he has never played before. why was MC in particular even chosen, anyway? she sees him with an eroge and thinks "perfect! this is what i need for my serious gaming club!" for some reason, i do not think that it would be very difficult to find other, more suitable club members.

anyway, that whole episode played out like a bog standard "really cute girl likes unappealing MC for no reason" romcom mixed with an episode of the big bang theory, complete with a bunch of "us gamers, huh?" nonsense that seemed like it was written by/for 45 year olds that have never played a game in their life.

edit: oh yeah i forgot, those text boxes that kept popping up in the beginning were supremely unfunny and ruined some otherwise amusing scenes.
Jul 13, 2017 10:43 PM
Feb 2015
I liked how the show keeps trolling me, I sure 't expecting her rejected twice XD nice episode!
Jul 13, 2017 10:56 PM

Oct 2013
Tendou got a hard reject. Ouch
Jul 13, 2017 10:58 PM
Oct 2010
StoneColdStunner said:
woah this was pretty dumb lol. MC's reasoning for declining was so frustratingly retarded i wanted to put a toothpick under my toenail and kick a wall as hard as i could. yeah man you totally wouldn't be allowed to just play games by yourself the way you want to in there. impossible. it's not like when you walked into the room you saw 2 different people playing games by themselves and having fun.

i also really enjoyed how he learns that he absolutely hates competitive gaming from a single 2 hour session of a game he has never played before. why was MC in particular even chosen, anyway? she sees him with an eroge and thinks "perfect! this is what i need for my serious gaming club!" for some reason, i do not think that it would be very difficult to find other, more suitable club members.

anyway, that whole episode played out like a bog standard "really cute girl likes unappealing MC for no reason" romcom mixed with an episode of the big bang theory, complete with a bunch of "us gamers, huh?" nonsense that seemed like it was written by/for 45 year olds that have never played a game in their life.

edit: oh yeah i forgot, those text boxes that kept popping up in the beginning were supremely unfunny and ruined some otherwise amusing scenes.

I agree with everything but the not liking competitive gaming part. The length of playing time, the general intensity, what he values in games etc etc all clashed with competitive gaming and it seems that all the members focused on those aspects. Remember she told him that they bought all the stuff with prize money from competitions so it's clear all of them are into the competitive side (she also stated that she did a 3 day marathon to beat a mario speed running record).

He's dumb for not at least trying it out for a bit and seeing but I'm not going to hold it against him for not liking competitive games and thinking that they maybe too much into it for him.
Jul 13, 2017 11:10 PM

Sep 2016
GD1551 said:

He's dumb for not at least trying it out for a bit

glad we agree. there's basically no downsides to him trying it out on a trial basis, but there are a lot of upsides which he sits there and lists out for us before declining. i could understand it if he tried working with them a bit more to let him enjoy games in his own way and they refused, but he only protested weakly a single time throughout their gaming session.

if they absolutely insist on the club members being super competitive no matter what, it makes even less sense that she insists on MC joining the club after seeing that he plays eroge and after seeing how unwilling he is to play competitively.
Jul 13, 2017 11:34 PM

Dec 2015
Valaskjalf said:
I'll give this a 10/10 if they bring out the arrow in the knee meme

In that case u need to watch Zero Kara, more specifically 2nd episode :3
Jul 13, 2017 11:40 PM

Sep 2013
The lack of any PVs or CMs had me concerned that this wouldn't turn out great but I'm glad the show actually looks decent, maybe except for some of the still shots towards the end
Jul 13, 2017 11:51 PM

Dec 2015
So this anime is supposed to be "full of misunderstandings". Is that really present here?
Jul 13, 2017 11:56 PM
Nov 2016
Decent start.
Simple story and pretty simple characters.
The MC is pretty plain.

The MC turning down tendou's request was a slightly different route than what other shows take so let's see.
Jul 14, 2017 12:22 AM

Sep 2011
Wow, that was pretty awful. I could've at least sat through it as a laugh if the MC wasn't an insufferable twat.
Jul 14, 2017 12:25 AM
Mar 2017
Damn I thought the MC is boring but oh boy what a funny fella we got here ! Did not expect he turn down the offer.
Jul 14, 2017 1:20 AM

Feb 2016
Of course MC is a socially awkward dweeb, and of course MFC is the cutest girl in school, top grades, amazing athlet and dreamy gamer, all at once. And OF COURSE MC has a childhood friend for the upcoming love triangle (possibly my most hated trope). Know your audience and what they fantasize about. Sigh.

This was still fun tho. I actually laughed out loud within the first minute, at the cicada randomly dropping from the tree.

Nothing super special too see here, but the double rejection was nice and i had a few laughs along the way.

But... A banana peel? Really?
Jul 14, 2017 2:41 AM
Dec 2016
They change it!!!

From smashing the table to slipping by a banana peel?

At first,didn't think Tendo-san's a tsundere...but she reminds me of Usami from Konobi.

And the misunderstanding may start shortly after this.. a bit quite frustating.
Jul 14, 2017 4:24 AM

Mar 2012
Robiiii said:
So this anime is supposed to be "full of misunderstandings". Is that really present here?
The cast haven't assembled yet. When Chiaki aka Seaweed Girl aka Best Girl appeared thing will get chaotic.

CreativeMax said:
They change it!!!

At first,didn't think Tendo-san's a tsundere...but she reminds me of Usami from Konobi.

"Lover quarrel" is the best part of this that make me love it.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 14, 2017 4:27 AM

Dec 2015

NeoAnkara said:
Robiiii said:
The cast haven't assembled yet. When Chiaki aka Seaweed Girl aka Best Girl appeared thing will get chaotic.

CreativeMax said:
They change it!!!

So thats when misunderstandings happen?
Jul 14, 2017 4:39 AM

Mar 2012
Robiiii said:

NeoAnkara said:

To put it simply yes.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 14, 2017 4:42 AM

Dec 2015
NeoAnkara said:
Robiiii said:

To put it simply yes.

What kind of tho? Is it romance based or just comedy misunderstandings?
Jul 14, 2017 4:53 AM

Mar 2012
Robiiii said:
NeoAnkara said:
To put it simply yes.

What kind of tho? Is it romance based or just comedy misunderstandings?
All of it since the source is romance related. Because of jumping into conclusion, well timed appearance and poor choice of word. All of them did it with the best interest for other which make it hilarious since some character know they make the wrong choice but not when they did it.
Jul 14, 2017 5:00 AM
Dec 2016
NeoAnkara said:
Robiiii said:

CreativeMax said:
They change it!!!

Did five of them misunderstand that till the

Still confusing about it in the ln..
Jul 14, 2017 5:09 AM

Mar 2012
CreativeMax said:
NeoAnkara said:

Did five of them misunderstand that till the

Still confusing about it in the ln..
Dunno. I think I saw spoiler somewhere saying that
Well I've only read what already translated that as of now include vol 2 chap 6.
Jul 14, 2017 5:35 AM
Feb 2017
Wow that first episode was much better than I expected. Wasn't originally planning to watch this show because the description looked boring but I ended up giving it a shot because it was on crunchyroll's updated list and I enjoyed it. The art is nice and the story is sorta cliche but it's executed well and the jokes are surprisingly funny and refreshing. I was really caught off guard when he rejected the club lol
Jul 14, 2017 6:16 AM

Dec 2015
Ok, so, liked the topic, liked the characters, loved the references, must be the first anime ever with some RTA references, but OMG THAT GENERIC MAIN CHARACTER RUINS IT ALL.

Useless good for nothing school-days-face kid that gets all the chicks!!!
Twintail_NamiJul 14, 2017 6:22 AM
Jul 14, 2017 6:47 AM

Dec 2009
Had some good punchlines through visuals, like the boxer punching him back into reality.
And anyone plays for fun, even pro gamers when outside of training and torunaments. Why would you play games if not for fun.
Also, dat chick playing GG Xrd reminds me of Genshiken
The MC is straight up autistic though.
Jul 14, 2017 6:48 AM

Sep 2016
>true gamers
>play shitty mobage
>play CS 1.6 (these shitters don't even have CSGO smh) with controller stick
>nobody plays dota
>MC is casual fag

and who the fuck label themselves "gamers" in 2017 wtf thats so cringe.
another MC this season with shitty seiyuu, but that end plot twist was quite funny, gonna keep watching if it's focus on comedy-game instead of shitty romance
GangsterCatJul 14, 2017 6:54 AM
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jul 14, 2017 7:18 AM

Dec 2014
Ahegyao said:
Love the actual game references. Too bad they had to resort to not-Granblue and not CS for a couple.

Lelouch0202 said:

I can't exactly get behind Amano's reasoning for turning down the invitation. It's not like the club is focused on competitive gaming. Tendo herself said he didn't necessarily have to be good at games or anything, not to mention he threw away a place he'd really feel at home with people he could actually be friends with. I get that he wants to play games for fun but there was nothing obstructing that. Well, he'll probably come around.

It's hard to feel comfortable surrounded by highly competitive people when you yourself aren't. Even I feel out of place online from my old guild when I stopped doing hardcore raiding in MMO's.

True, but Tendou did say it didn't matter to them so I think if he had given it the chance, he'd have fit in fine considering they are people who love games just like he does. I mean, he is eventually gonna join the club. XD
Jul 14, 2017 7:52 AM

Aug 2016
Blazblue and Guilty Gear though
Also an Under Night in Birth Poster :/
Jul 14, 2017 7:55 AM

Jul 2015
Worst MC of the season so far, complete beta male who can barely complete a sentence without stuttering.

Average first episode, side characters seem interesting at least and hopefully the focus is on comedy as the romance feels like it will be the most generic thing possible.
Jul 14, 2017 7:56 AM

Jan 2014
i have read the original and honestly im not expecting anything from the anime adapt.
the animation looks cheap, the beautiful Tendou Karen is not a beauty at all in this. the art resemble KonoSuba anime with a lot of effort, i thought the studio that adapt this is Deen.
anyway, i think they adapt the story quite good and i actually quite enjoyed it. and the Cast is doing a good job too.
Jul 14, 2017 8:02 AM

Feb 2016
Gun Reference. Good first episode.
The battle is over.
Show respect for the fallen
who fought so bravely.
Jul 14, 2017 8:19 AM
Feb 2016
I'm currently watching Hero Academia, but I absolutely hate having to wait a week for a new episode, so I like to find new things to watch through the week.

Usually it is pretty hard to find a decent one halfway through a season but Gamers! pleasantly surprised me :D

The main reason I think I like this so much is because the comedy is on point. I haven't laughed that hard at an anime since Gintama.

Definitley a fan of Gamers! and now im counting the days untill next Friday..
Jul 14, 2017 8:59 AM

Mar 2009
Dude was totally playing a mix between COD and CS. I will never miss that A Short from Dust_2. Also awping like KennyS or JW.
Jul 14, 2017 9:26 AM
Apr 2009
I came into this anime blind and I do like it so far. I can't wait to see what happens in the next episode.
Jul 14, 2017 9:30 AM

Jun 2008
Tendou is obviously not used to being rejected, so she acted like a bitch because Amano rejected her offer to join the club. Ugh...
Jul 14, 2017 9:33 AM

Mar 2013
Lmfao that was gold.
I didn't expect to enjoy it this much.

Got some good laughs out of it from Konosuba level of trolling XD

Definitely looking forward to it XD
FinalFlash18Jul 14, 2017 9:38 AM
Jul 14, 2017 9:44 AM
Jul 2018
30 games of CS:GO apparently last 2 hours in this world.
Jul 14, 2017 9:50 AM
Jul 2018
Lunium said:
Anathor said:
Nothing special tbh. The fact that the main topic are games has me interested though.

Promising CS:GO player right there

Actually the game they played together seems to be Call Of Duty, judging by the killstreaks on the right hand side of the screen and the fact that they're playing with controllers.

The game the guy was playing solo on the PC was CS:GO though ;)

M8 this is totally de_dust2's CT spawn.

http://imgur.com/RHMpSXJ
Jul 14, 2017 10:03 AM

Apr 2013
Most enjoyable first episode, and i loved it when he declined to be in the club. Can't wait for next ep.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gamers! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2017

321 by SuperSonic486 »»
Jun 4, 1:34 PM

Poll: » [Poll] Gamers Romance

Lnlover - Aug 30, 2017

30 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:19 PM

» Misunderstandings

Shomix - Sep 29, 2017

13 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:18 PM

Poll: » [the usual] BEST GIRL POLL

GangsterCat - Sep 7, 2017

13 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:15 PM

» Do people not understand that this is a parody? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Feb 23, 2023

61 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.