Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 21, 2017 9:36 AM

Apr 2016
Akagi_An said:
The only way to defeat mei is to use adblock

I laughed so hard I fell out of my chair
May 21, 2017 11:49 AM

Oct 2011
Good show but this episode was a snooze fest.
May 21, 2017 12:05 PM

May 2016
Ohh i want to see Bakugo vs Uraraka!!!
May 21, 2017 12:13 PM

Feb 2015
My blood is hard-pumping. This week's episode was great, mainly character development versus story progression, but that's good two, I mean, this season isn't 2-cour for nothing. But damn, I'm so hyped for next week's episode. Uraraka vs Bakugo. Shit's gonna go down.

5/5
May 21, 2017 12:43 PM
Dec 2015
I mean, I think it's obvious we can all pretty much agree that there's no way Bakugou will lose. Still, Uraraka will put up an good fight I think.
May 21, 2017 2:25 PM

Feb 2014
Really good and funny fights, Mei vs Iida was really funny getting abused as promoter for her babies must really hurt. Class B girl was really interesting her vines are a good quirk even detachable makes them really hard to fight. It seems lack of sunlight is her weakness so the exact opposite of Tokodari. His fight btw was also really cool he seems like a real gentleman not wanting to hurt Momo but simply to put her out of bounds. Her greatest weakness seems to be getting to caught up in her thoughts so lots of development for her is quite possible.
Midoriya as always writing everything down I like that aspect of him he is the kind of guy who prepares himself first better than the typical dumb MC.
So the last fight will be Uraraka vs Bakugo looks alot like Neiji vs Hinata fight, I really doubt she has a chance Bakugo will destroy her and Midoriya will probably make the "I´ll make it to the final for both of us" promise.
May 21, 2017 3:15 PM

Feb 2015
Deku's muttering is kind of cute.
May 21, 2017 4:49 PM

Sep 2014
Momo shouldn't be hard on herself. She didn't lose to Mineta. She lose to Tokoyami. And he's up there with Midoriya, Bakugo, and Todoroki. Was just an unfortunate match-up. Tokoyami is just too top-notch. Even with his amazing quirk, he can strategize just as good as Midoriya.
May 21, 2017 5:12 PM

May 2009
Didn't find this episode super interesting, I was pleasantly amused but much prefer the moments that characters use intellect to out-wit their opponents--straight-forward fights aren't nearly as interesting. I'm SO excited for next week because of that, I can't wait!
IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED ODDTAXI OR SAIKI K I'LL BONK YOU IN THE HEAD

May 21, 2017 5:13 PM

May 2009
Yasuhito said:
21 episodes in and I'm struggling to see what's so special about this show. At the moment it's just your average shonen and there's nothing special about it that makes it stand out IMO. Does it get better?

If you don't find it special by now, you probably won't! IMO, the heart of the shows characters is what makes it special and heartfelt to me.
IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED ODDTAXI OR SAIKI K I'LL BONK YOU IN THE HEAD

May 21, 2017 7:25 PM

Jan 2013
Straightforward episode, getting through quite a few fights.
I will say the animation/choreography wasn't that impressive. Mostly simple
May 21, 2017 11:27 PM

Dec 2015
URARAKA PROVED WHY SHE IS BEST GIRL IN THIS EPISODE AND WE ALL KNOW SHE'LL EVEN PROVE IT MORE IN NEXT WEEK'S EPISODE!!
May 22, 2017 2:58 AM

Oct 2014
Poor Momo. She has such a good quirk but it takes too long to set up versus someone like that.
May 22, 2017 9:44 AM

Jul 2013
This is kinda a copy/paste from a certain subreddit but whatever.

Chapter 35 was adapted for this particular episode, allowing for Bones to expand on fights that only took about 1-2 panels in the manga.

What I'm particularly happy about, is the fact that they expanded on the Tokoyami vs Momo battle. This sets up a little development arc for Momo down the road. Think it's also fair to say that the next 2 arcs should be adapted this season based on this.

Loved the Iida vs Mei battle lol. I don't remember her using that gun which got Iida caught up in a net in the manga - so it could be anime original :o .
This also means that they'll be sticking to the 2 chapters per episode prediction many have made so far.

Expecting next episode to adapt Chapters 36-37 (Ochako vs Bakugou battle + stuff afterwards) and then the episode after should adapt the next 3 chapters (for Deku vs Todoroki). If they do that though... I'm wondering whether they'll cut out the OP/ED and the recap stuff they always put in for that episode. Only time will tell.

Anyway, looking forward to the rest of the fights for the tournament being animated :D
May 22, 2017 11:55 AM

Dec 2016
Let's meet in the finals 😂😂😂😂
May 22, 2017 12:17 PM

Dec 2008
I love u Uraraka T_____T
I'm crying with de preview
U dont have to win, just DO YOUR BEST!!!! YOU'RE ALREADY THE BEST GIRL!!!!
May 22, 2017 2:50 PM
Nov 2012
This anime has gone immensely downhill for me. The whole competition is complete and utter bullshit. Let's pretend the idea that athletes who aren't finished training ,competing in the highest level of tournament is ok (triwizard tournament, Chunin exams etc.) having characters from the same class fight each other and try to push a victory that looks like it only fits 1 spot for a winner???? They said this is bigger than the Olympics which has hundreds of gold medals in many different events. Also trying to cause tension for the classmates having to fight each other is utter cop out , they just didn't want to introduce too many more characters with quirks. It almost feels like all this bullshit was given the OK just to suit stereotypical characters like Baku and Todoroki. I'm actually ok with Todoroki, he has his reasons but Baku is a complete joke of a character. Where does all his anger stem from? is it because he is dumb? When it's convenient for the plot he will become smarter almost intelligent.

In this episode that girl from the support course actually understood how this garbage tournament works and she was looked down on it. They specifically said it's about being scouted and recruited and she worked towards that ( she may have went overboard but still)
Why are the support heroes here? they are very cool in my opinion but the Olympics have a special Olympics....

Honestly it feels insulting, they should be fighting as a class against class but characters like Baku and Todoroki are unable to fill those roles well Baku barely did in season 1.
Anyway the show is still enjoyable with many likable characters so I won't drop it but I hope some more common sense or at least immersion comes later.
May 22, 2017 3:08 PM

Oct 2015
TragicRomance said:
I like Ibara, she's savage beneath the nice girl surface haha.

Oh pls. Tell me why is this annoying guy liked by some again. Mineta is probably my most hated character from this anime. Pls burn him.

Dem Hatsume is that genius who doesn't care about being no. 1 as long as she meets her aims. Hope she gets her motivation tho, would make for good development.

Why is Aoyama so sparkling n weird, makes me laugh so much im like shut up every damn time.

Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu

I swear everyone is cool. Uraraka.
"She's the one I'm rooting for." Samesamesame.

TragicRomance said:

Oh pls. Tell me why is this annoying guy liked by some again. Mineta is probably my most hated character from this anime. Pls burn him.

Dem Hatsume is that genius who doesn't care about being no. 1 as long as she meets her aims. Hope she gets her motivation tho, would make for good development.

Why is Aoyama so sparkling n weird, makes me laugh so much im like shut up every damn time.

Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu

Mineta's "fanbase" is a very vocal minority.

He also ranked 17th in the US polls of 2015 which is around the same place as the 1st Japanese polls. I don't know where he'd rank now though.
May 22, 2017 4:13 PM

May 2014
I love it when the more obscure supporting cast gets a little time in the spotlight too...especially when they're quirky (no pun intended).
The Ibara vs. Kaminari match was pretty fun and I honestly hadn't expected her to win, but she did it! I like her personality too.

Mina showing how strong she is by finishing Aoyama with a swift uppercut to the jaw. Nice moves girl! XD

Best match was definitely Tetsutetsu vs. Kirishima though...short but manly and intense. Then to top it all off, they knocked each other out at the same time. I'm looking forward to seeing who eventually wins by a hair!

Momo got so easily owned by Tokoyami and he was going easy on her too- he's a real dark horse in the series because we know he's powerful, but we don't know the full extent. Who knows, he could be stronger than both Todoroki and Bakugo *o*

Knowing that Bakugo vs. Ochako is next ep, I'm glad I saved this episode until now- less time to wait!
I'm nervous for the poor girl, he's totally gonna blow her up, but hopefully she can put up some sort of a fight.

What I love so much about this season of MHA is the mostly friendly rivalry that everyone has going on. Sure, they're friends, but they ain't sacrificing opportunities for first place for that friendship. It's refreshing!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2017 4:43 PM

Dec 2012
Tokoyami is a beast. Love him!
May 22, 2017 5:42 PM

Jul 2015
alphacompton said:
This anime has gone immensely downhill for me. The whole competition is complete and utter bullshit. Let's pretend the idea that athletes who aren't finished training ,competing in the highest level of tournament is ok (triwizard tournament, Chunin exams etc.) having characters from the same class fight each other and try to push a victory that looks like it only fits 1 spot for a winner???? They said this is bigger than the Olympics which has hundreds of gold medals in many different events. Also trying to cause tension for the classmates having to fight each other is utter cop out , they just didn't want to introduce too many more characters with quirks. It almost feels like all this bullshit was given the OK just to suit stereotypical characters like Baku and Todoroki. I'm actually ok with Todoroki, he has his reasons but Baku is a complete joke of a character. Where does all his anger stem from? is it because he is dumb? When it's convenient for the plot he will become smarter almost intelligent.

In this episode that girl from the support course actually understood how this garbage tournament works and she was looked down on it. They specifically said it's about being scouted and recruited and she worked towards that ( she may have went overboard but still)
Why are the support heroes here? they are very cool in my opinion but the Olympics have a special Olympics....

Honestly it feels insulting, they should be fighting as a class against class but characters like Baku and Todoroki are unable to fill those roles well Baku barely did in season 1.
Anyway the show is still enjoyable with many likable characters so I won't drop it but I hope some more common sense or at least immersion comes later.
Bakugou has also been smart, but more in a Tactician way, and How about Just wait or just read the manga if you want to find out why he acts the way he acts, we are like in the Chapter 30's right now in the anime and the Manga is about to hit Chapter 140 lol
Sup...
May 22, 2017 8:26 PM

Aug 2013
I really like how they adapted chapter 35. The way Bones extended some of the fights was very good, because I couldn't even remember stuff like the Tokoyami vs Momo fight due to how short it was in the manga, being only a 1 panel summary from Deku to Uraraka.

Plus, I love seeing more of Mei. She was already a very close second to Tsuyu for best girl before, but her voice being so perfect in the anime might put her above Tsuyu now.
Shradow115May 22, 2017 8:33 PM
May 22, 2017 10:30 PM

Mar 2016
Even when the main focus is off Midoriya for an episode this anime has a way of keeping you pumped up! I can't wait to see Uraraka and Bakugo fight and I wouldn't be surprised to see Uraraka find a new level to herself that even she didn't know she had!

PLUS ULTRA!!!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
May 23, 2017 5:57 AM

Jun 2016
Another great episode.
I feel bad for Momo though ;-;
May 23, 2017 10:27 PM

Oct 2008
So many fights! I couldn't keep-up but it's very entertaining!
OMG! looks like in the next episode! Ochako Uraraka is having a very hard time struggling to keep the match alive against Bakura...either way it would be a great challenge to Ochako even if she losses to him since it would greatly help Ochako in getting tougher because Bakugo is one of the most strongest in terms of attack!
5/5.

May 24, 2017 5:04 AM

May 2010
MoonStar9 said:
TragicRomance said:

Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu

TragicRomance said:

Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu

He also ranked 17th in the US polls of 2015 which is around the same place as the 1st Japanese polls. I don't know where he'd rank now though.

Still unbearable for me. Like. I try to like him but I can't.
May 24, 2017 9:35 AM

Nov 2014
JG_Wezz said:
Sad for Momo with how her match turned out, a mortifying defeat. Really hoping she can bounce back and doesn't just become this mediocre, indecisive bit character who's occasionally fanservice, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's how she went.

Momo will not get much development this arc, not the next arc either, but in the next next arc she'll get lots of development. Her total loss against Tokoyami is preparation for what's to come, but sadly we won't be seeing that because this season will cover only the sports festival and the next arc. So don't worry about her being just a mediocre character who's only purpose is fanservice. She's far from that. All the character in this anime will have their share of character development to come (except some like Mineta and Monoma lol), even Aoyama has a panel of development in the next next next arc lol. It's just a matter of time.

HiLON said:
Just want to say that tokoyami managed to get this far even when his quirk got weaken in daylight. Wonder how op he'll be if they fight during night.
Even he has trouble controlling his shadow when he uses his quirk at night, even after years of practice. If the shadow bird is a cupcake in daylight, it'll be a deadly villainous monster at night, attacking everyone in sight.

Jeremeh said:
Haven't watched the manga, but I'm pretty sure Finals will be between Midoriya vs. Bakugo. Childhood rivalry, etc. etc. typical shounen trope.
you will definitely love what's to come. this anime is the ultimate cliche breaker. :D
ttcchenMay 24, 2017 9:39 AM
May 24, 2017 9:45 AM

Oct 2015
TragicRomance said:
MoonStar9 said:

I don't like him either. A good number of the fanbase doesn't. Horikoshi has tried and failed miserably to make him likable as he continues to plummet in the popularity polls.
May 24, 2017 10:08 AM

Nov 2014
Celoow said:
Yasuhito said:
21 episodes in and I'm struggling to see what's so special about this show. At the moment it's just your average shonen and there's nothing special about it that makes it stand out IMO. Does it get better?

Boku no hero is a pretty standard battle shonen until the end of the tournament.
actually you'll start to see how it's different from the other battle shounen in about 2-3 episodes, the end (result) of tournament, like you said, is the turning point. and next arc will totally destroy all cliches.
May 24, 2017 12:08 PM

Nov 2014
MoonStar9 said:

like thirty something. it shows that japanese fans don't like him either.

alphacompton said:

The tournament is designed for students to show off their abilities and for companies to scout students who are fit for heroes (and in some cases, like mei who's aiming for the support-based companies), that's why it's a one on one fight so each student has a platform to give their best performance. It will be shown later this season (after the tournament ends) that the companies will choose the students that caught their eyes and invite them to work on an internship (of sorts) under their mentorship. Remember the scene in episode 1 this season where it showed a letter from All Might in a room? The owner of that room is one of the mentors. And that is why the students have to compete against each other, and fight for internship. The goal is to work under the best/their dream hero agency. So it's not a tournament for only 1 winner. As long as you've caught the eyes of hero agency, even if you're not number 1, you'll still be scouted and will get internship under them. Remember last episode at the end of Shinsou's fight? Even though he lost, there're pro heroes who said he got an useful quirk and would want him to work under their hero agency. So winning isn't everything. Just keep watching until the tournament is over (in like 4-5 episodes?) and you'll see. And you said "Why are the support heroes here?" I suppose you mean the pro heroes. Cuz they are here to scout too. Not all heroes are saving people, attacking, and defending. There are the support group too. Companies that sell equipment to support and enhance heroes' abilities. And these companies are looking for students like mei hatsume.

I think Bakugou's anger is pretty understandable, but maybe that's just me. Since he's little he was told that his quirk is strong, he's amazing, and he'll become a great hero someday. And that continuously feeding of his ego caused him to think he's the best because his quirk is the best, someone like deku who is quirkless will never defeat him. He's just a nobody, worthless piece of trash. Yet that quirkless nerd saved him multiple times. That's when his ego was threatened. Imagine this. You always score 100 percent on tests and this guy is always the last in the class. And one day, you got stuck on a problem, but he solved it and offered to tutor you. Won't you feel angered? It's as if "he's looking down at me," like Bakugo said. He doesn't need help, especially not from the quirkless nobody, because he's the strongest. And it got even worse when Deku, albeit being quirkless, wanted to enter UA and succeeded. And in the entrance exam with throwing the baseball, deku scored 0.1 morethan bakugo. And in the hero/villain battle, deku threw kacchan onto the ground and won the battle by not taking bakugo's attack heads on. All those defeats made Bakugo feel insecure. All those "you're the best!" "you'll be a strong hero!" ego boosters now shattered. Bakugo's thoughts must be all jumbled between he's the strongest and he's weaker than deku, who's a weak quirkless nobody, doesn't that make him the weakest? He needs a place to vent his frustration, and deku is the perfect target. He will defeat deku and show him that he is the strongest; he's now desperate to prove that the fact that deku is weaker than him is still true, to hold on to what remains of his childhood belief.

And Bakugo really is a smart person. In middle school, he was the top in the class, and deku, who was shown to be very smart, was behind him. His brain will be put to use in next season.

I'm confused about what you said here: "they just didn't want to introduce too many more characters with quirks. It almost feels like all this bullshit was given the OK just to suit stereotypical characters like Baku and Todoroki.'
Where do you see that the author don't want to introduce more characters with quirks? What about Ibara? Monoma? Shinsou? The rest of class B? Mei Hatsume? And suit stereotypical characters like Bakugou and Todoroki? How? How did this suit them? I don't get it. I haven't seen any other characters that held that much hatred towards the mc who was once their best friend but despite the hatred Bakugo is still on the good side. That's not stereotypical. And Todoroki isn't either. Right now he may seem like the cold emotionless guy with a horrible history, but you'll see after deku vs todoroki's fight that he's not that type of person. He can smile and show emotions too, so he doesn't fit the stereotype either.

May 25, 2017 3:54 AM

Apr 2015
For the ones who read the manga. It become better or it decrease a little?

Team All Might.

I think All Might is gonna fight Endeavor and he prob going to die.
May 25, 2017 10:33 AM
Oct 2014
Yasuhito said:

It is just a good manga until the tournament arc though, with well-handled shounen cliche, but after tournament arc it picks up and now is one of the best shounen manga that I've read
May 25, 2017 2:23 PM

Aug 2013
mbahamood said:
Yasuhito said:

It is just a good manga until the tournament arc though, with well-handled shounen cliche, but after tournament arc it picks up and now is one of the best shounen manga that I've read

Yeah, that's what most have told me. I think I'll just drop the anime and jump into the manga. Thank you.

The pacing is just horrible and that weird fade to black brightness shit with every fight scene is frustrating.
May 25, 2017 10:56 PM
Oct 2014
Yasuhito said:
mbahamood said:

Yeah, that's what most have told me. I think I'll just drop the anime and jump into the manga. Thank you.

The pacing is just horrible and that weird fade to black brightness shit with every fight scene is frustrating.

Maybe not a lot of people will agree with me, but I feel similar while watching Hunter x Hunter, people keep telling me it's one of the best anime and I feel it's nowhere near the best up until the Hunter Exam finished, but after the introduction of Nen it really become much more interesting and it is one of the best anime that I've seen
May 26, 2017 12:25 AM
May 26, 2017 12:40 AM

May 2010
MoonStar9 said:
TragicRomance said:

I don't like him either. A good number of the fanbase doesn't. Horikoshi has tried and failed miserably to make him likable as he continues to plummet in the popularity polls.

-high five- Ah, then I guess I should stop expecting anything from him.
May 26, 2017 11:44 PM

Mar 2009
Yeah. Not a big fan of Mineta, either. I think he's the weak link of the series.
May 27, 2017 12:59 AM

Aug 2016
Bakugo's face at the end though XD

Set by SenpieX
May 27, 2017 5:28 AM
Apr 2017
Next episode will be the most amazing episode in the week
May 27, 2017 1:04 PM
Apr 2017
I only gave it a 4/5 because I wish the fights were extended. Good episode overall and I can't wait for Uraraka v. Bakugo.
May 28, 2017 3:46 PM
Jul 2018
-Momo is probably the character that gets buried the most in the series (I know I use a lot of wrestling terms for this series). Not only does she always fall for Mineta's traps, but she also loses her matches frequently. I can see a heel turn from her in future chapters. She will finally get the push she deserves. However, I liked that Tokoyomi won. But, their battle could've been better.

-I like the Vine-quirk girl. She reminds me of those nymphs from the Greek mythology tales. She has that mystical look in her. I also find the large fist girl interesting as well.

-Mina has a really cute and cartoonish smile.

-I wonder Tetsutetsu's middle name is also Tetsutetsu. Anyways, can't wait for the rematch.

-Ochaco vs. Bakugo should be interesting.
May 29, 2017 2:15 AM

Feb 2013
- tokoyami, super cool
- poor momo
- ibara was savage
- Lol at kaminari
May 31, 2017 10:51 AM

Jan 2010
Failed and failed again to wait I just so goddamn impatient when it comes to this show!! AArgh guess the binge watch plan is not gonna work on this show.

On episode:
Really love all the fights!
I hope Kaminari would seek Deku's tips how to better use of his quirk effeciently lmao he got such a cool quirk it's a waste XD
Mei best girl!! so her quirk is zoom!! I hope she will get more development later! (along with Shinsou!)
Uh oh I feel so bad for Momo :( it's was very humiliating... not to mention she got the whole rccommendation student thing on her back. :(
Aoyama is hilarious as always lmao
Tetsu vs Kirishima, I wish they would pay attention more to his fight since I like Kirishima

AND

BAKUGO VS URARAKA

Oh god I've been so hyped since the moment it was announced!! It's finally here!! Poor Ochako she is nervous as hell, very understandable! But she is strong! Go girl!! (still rooting for Kacchan though)

Also,

Deku is offering a plan how to best use Uraraka quirk to defeat Kacchan, but I wonder if he really think Uraraka stands a chance at all?

Never been so hyped for an episode before! I hope it won't disappoint!
May 31, 2017 10:51 AM

Jan 2010
Failed and failed again to wait I just so goddamn impatient when it comes to this show!! AArgh guess the binge watch plan is not gonna work on this show.

On episode:
Really love all the fights!
I hope Kaminari would seek Deku's tips how to better use of his quirk effeciently lmao he got such a cool quirk it's a waste XD
Mei best girl!! so her quirk is zoom!! I hope she will get more development later! (along with Shinsou!)
Uh oh I feel so bad for Momo :( it's was very humiliating... not to mention she got the whole rccommendation student thing on her back. :(
Aoyama is hilarious as always lmao
Tetsu vs Kirishima, I wish they would pay attention more to his fight since I like Kirishima

AND

BAKUGO VS URARAKA

Oh god I've been so hyped since the moment it was announced!! It's finally here!! Poor Ochako she is nervous as hell, very understandable! But she is strong! Go girl!! (still rooting for Kacchan though)

Also,

Deku is offering a plan how to best use Uraraka quirk to defeat Kacchan, but I wonder if he really think Uraraka stands a chance at all?

Never been so hyped for an episode before! I hope it won't disappoint!
Jun 3, 2017 5:21 PM

Jul 2016
I told myself to save this episode for later but I couldn't control myself ;_; it's such an amazing series that waiting weekly is painful...
hatsume is going to be great in the future, her inventions and the way she markets them is just splendidly ~
because i had no earbuds on, i had the instinct to turn down the volume once i heard aoyama's first weird noise but i couldn't because i was in the process of trying to stop myself laughing. i ended up laughing x'D
tokoyami is becoming one of my favorite characters in this show, he is so cool and efficient. that quirk really is not bad at all, only the varying degrees of sunshine affect the AOE(? right?) it's a shame for momo though. her quirk is nice, being able to form whatever she wants out of thin air. although i guess that since it requires her to think about conjuring it up, she's at a disadvantage in fights where the enemy is coming at you like that.
i was spoiled about uraraka's match so unfortunately i won't be able to enjoy that too much :[
as usual, each episode leaves me in goosebumps and tears forming in my eyes ;___; i can't cry though because that'd be a bit pathetic
Cazqui-09Jun 3, 2017 5:24 PM
Jun 4, 2017 11:06 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Why do I like Mei so much? Ahahaha! I dunno, Ashido is pretty cool too though! Those sounds Aoyama made were awkward though. Like dang, I can never watch anime without headphones while in the room with a parent, can I? Like dang, every time-- and it's always louder than the rest of the audio.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jun 12, 2017 6:11 PM

Mar 2017
I felt bad for Momo! It made it seem like she was weak when she isn't.

I really wish some of the girls had stronger quirks like the guys do. Seems kinda unfair. But the matches were fun to watch!

To me Boku no Hero Academia is your average shonen, I do however like the side/supporting characters a lot.
LunarPisces1Jun 12, 2017 6:18 PM
Jun 20, 2017 3:22 AM

Jul 2012
I was expecting more out of the Momo-Tokoyomi fight, but it happened so fast. I'm surprised she didn't have a plan at all before going into the match :/

This next one looks like it's going to be great :) I'm excited to see how Uraraka plans to compete with Bakugō.
Jun 24, 2017 4:24 AM

Jul 2013
Does that mean anyone from the support group can bring as many gadgets as they want as long as they made them themselves? Unfair.

"This is not the face of a regular person" hahahah. But seriously though isn't this a mismatch? It's hardly fair but I'm liking Uraraka's determination. We'll see how this goes.
Jun 28, 2017 2:41 PM

Jan 2011
Did they really just suggest that the two guys with basically the same abilities who just showed that they are equally matched in strength to *arm wrestle* ? Do they think one of them knows some sort of secret arm wrestling trick or what?

Also, poor Uraraka. Though with all that doom and gloom, i actually give her a chance. Bakugo is generally overconfident, and Uraraka's qurk isn't a outright fighting ability, so he might take it even less serious (even when he *will* go all out).

We also haven't really seen her fight so far, and that arena is really unfair against everyone not having a straight up fighting ability, e.g. like Midoriya or Bakugo. No cover to hide, no objects to lift, no shade (e.g. for Tokoyam'S Dark Shadow, to make it stronger) too big to get into melee without getting shot at, too small to run away from someone fast..

It's also completely flat, not even having multiple stories.

UA should really rethink their exams and courses. Entrance exam features only robots, now the arena..

Of course, if they continue like this, it equalizes again. In the entrance exam, Shinso did bad because he couldn't brain wash the robots, now someone controlling robots would be at disadvantage as there are none.

If they introduce an arena where there is a lot of shifting cover etc., they'd disadvantage range and (straight) movement types like Iida. They could also fill it with explosive barrels and such, so that if you overdo it, you hit yourself, whereas someone like Uraraka can move them without danger. Or sound/visual based enemies. Flashy, loud, and you get caught. Or reflecting damage back. Smash them into a wall, no problem, but if you have to hit them first for that to happen..
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2017

297 by satyrelfheim »»
Sep 19, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

animefan8800 - Sep 23, 2017

250 by satyrelfheim »»
Sep 19, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

181 by satyrelfheim »»
Sep 19, 7:15 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

189 by satyrelfheim »»
Sep 19, 7:12 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2017

165 by satyrelfheim »»
Sep 19, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.