Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 5 Discussion

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side: Sword Oratoria (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 14, 2017 2:47 PM

Mar 2012
What an horrible anime..
But yeah it was the better one.
May 14, 2017 3:40 PM

Jan 2011
This episode was definitely better than the last but I can't really resonate with Aiz's struggles. It just seems kinda forced. I mean I'm sure it will be explained in a rather predictable manner soon but meh. I also can't shake the redhead elf simply being present to highlight the darling aspects of Aiz. Other characters just mostly seem there. The "conspiracy" doesn't grab me either.
May 14, 2017 5:09 PM

Apr 2015
I had a lot of expectations for this episode after the last one. However, I can't enjoy this show with the comedy part with lefiya and her yuri desires.
3/5
May 14, 2017 5:12 PM

Jan 2011
sun123 said:
I had a lot of expectations for this episode after the last one. However, I can't enjoy this show with the comedy part with lefiya and her yuri desires.
3/5
They completely overused that shit with her. Right now the amazon whores seem to have more development it seems. She reminds me of the "girl of the week" from Pokemon, only thing is she is there every week and not much other reason than to be the kickoff for yuri implication.
May 15, 2017 7:26 AM
Dec 2015
nurBAW said:
- Lefiya annoy me with her delusion, glad it's only couple of second..
- great episode.. the best so far.
- seem like aria was ainz mother, and who's that guy? her father? probably not.
- Wow, finn was strong, stronger than aiz ... also that calm demeanor, no wonder Tione and other girls fall for him

Yep both are her parents 100%
May 16, 2017 6:01 AM
Jul 2018
Not specifically relevant to this episode but god I miss Taneda Risa, even though Riveria is just a side character...

Kawasumi is great and she's doing a good job of capturing Riveria's stoicism, loved her since Melfina in Outlaw Star, but I'm gutted the Taneda is ill. Can't wait for her to recover.
May 16, 2017 11:17 AM
Nov 2014
So... Aria is Ais's mother? Or is Ais a clone of Aria? The comment from the murder/tamer chick that she thought Ais looked like a doll brings up questions for me... What if Ais is like a homunculus or something, and she fights and has the drive to be stronger as part of her desire to prove to herself that she's human? I'm probably all wrong, but either way, I can't wait for next week's episode!
May 16, 2017 6:03 PM

Jul 2011
matias067 said:
So there's someone who is more powerful than Ais...but of course lvl 6 (the small one who is the leader of Loki is on a different league)!
4/5.

Yes. Loki Familia should have 3 Level 6 at this point in the anime - Finn, Riveria, and the dwarf gareth.

I feel so bad that some of Riveria's' supposed OP scenes were omitted at the start of the anime. But I do hope she will have her time soon.

Just in case someone knows, what manga chapter should i continue if i finished volume 2 of Sword Oratoria? Thanks!
May 19, 2017 8:46 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Forgot to comment on this thread last week, but this episode was the best one yet.....The action scenes were amazing and I love the foreshadowing that's going into Aiz's character
May 19, 2017 5:36 PM

Oct 2012
I'm dropping this. The action scenes aren't everything if they're not backed by solid ground (and what's more, most of them were based on flawed logic). The characters taking actions in fights really defeats its purpose. And even the dialogues were all over the place this time and the stupidity of some characters knows no bounds. Not to mention the writing felt pretty contrived.
Some character lines proves that even creators don't care much about this series.

Everything just feels like a bad fanfiction.

Annoying characters:
- Loki
- Lefiya
- Tione
- even hotheaded Bete

Can't really think of someone I actually like here.

Riveria seems fine-ish but that's only because she's voiced by Kawasumi Ayako.

The mystery is really weak and the only good parts of this anime are the parts with Bell.. but a) we've already seen those before, b) he's just fanservice element that comes and goes without any impact on the story, and c) Aiz isn't interesting enough to drive this show forward, she's pretty much noncharacter.

3/10 series, there is simply no worth in there. Can't really compare with the original anime.
May 19, 2017 10:04 PM

Sep 2015
That loss prob made Ais stronger
May 20, 2017 7:45 PM

Mar 2010
Damn this seems to be getting dark asf. And this version is better than the original from this point on.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 20, 2017 10:34 PM

Mar 2016
One of the better episodes so far and I was surprised we actually get to see Aiz vulnerable in this episode! As op as she was in the original DanMachi anime she got beat pretty bad in this episode but it looks like she's going to come back stronger!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
May 20, 2017 10:40 PM

Jan 2013
Unsurprisingly good fight scenes, given how the first season handled them.
May 24, 2017 7:15 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so Loki decide to investigate the source of the problem herself eh.
Well neutrality or not the monster attack on the town still needs to be investigated. But its good that Loki didn't ended up trespassing on another gods domain though. So this god is in charge of the dungeons eh. Lord Uranus eh. Meanwhile back in the town where Ains and Leafiya are at the monster attack begins in earnest. So it was hiding in the lake then eh. Hmm and we finally get to see the guild leader show his mettle and he is pretty good in combat as expected. Being able to make calm decisions in the heat of battle is a skill that leaders should have and its nice to see that he has this. Still this ambush came at a really convenient time for the killer though because they were pretty close to finding out who it was. Hmm and now Leafiya is confronted with the killer himself. Damm but that guy is strong being able to close the range in the blink of an eye. Hmm so the killer was wearing the mask that disguised her as man eh. Man she even stole skin from the victim as well. She also seems to be strong as well on par with Ains even. Leafiya's spell was powerful but man to have her spell reflected back at her was unexpected. This woman is strong being able to do that and also fight on equal footing with Ains as well. Hmm seems that this woman also knows Ains as well.

Wow that creepy thing in the ball managed to get out and create a even more creepy looking plant woman lol. I like the contrast in this episode between Loki's investigation and Ains and Leafiya's struggle with that woman. Indeed while the monster attack during the festival was unexpected the fact that even more powerful ones like the green ones were hiding underground is indeed suspicious. Seems the rest of the attackers were no match for Finn and the others as they are veterans after all. Being veterans they can afford to be calm lol. Its nice that Leafiya has managed to find herself and not let fear affect her now though. Her spell power and spell craft are only going to get better as she trains more which is a nice thing to see. It seems that this woman is intent on taking Ains as a souvenir eh. Hmm i wonder is Aria a name that Ains used in the past since it seems to be having a profound impact on her. Hmm using Riveria's spell as a decoy while Leafiya unleashed the true attack was a smart tactic. Hmm now that monster is trying to crawl away with what remains of her upper body eh. To think that Ains got beaten and had to be saved by Riveria and Finn though. Man that woman was really strong. And even strong enough to stand toe to toe with Finn as well. Still Finn's clever use of tactics and Riveria arriving to back Finn up at least managed to drive her off. As suspect Uranus knew exactly what was going on here. Still it will take time for that woman to create new monsters after losing all of them so things should be quiet for now.

Hmm so Aria was Ain's mother then eh. Still its nice to see the twins try to help Ains though in this difficult time. Well that battle was probably the first time she was beaten in combat and combined with the fact that that woman seems to know Ains mother i'll be surprised if it didn't affect her. Still its nice that the rest of her familia and her friends are concerned about her welfare. Lol Leafiya's fantasies about feeding Ains. Given what Ains has been going through since the battle maybe leaving her in the dungeon will be something she needs. With her skills nothing can really touch her. Im surprised that Riveria actually supported this action though. Still while leaving Ains alone will be risky leaving Riveria with her will not be. She is after all a veteran mage and Leafiya's master as well. Lol you leave the two of them behind and they end up finding the floor boss himself lol. Strong as she may be is Ain's really powerful enough to fight a floor boss on her own though.

Quite the interesting episode.
Ains past along with the Loki's investigation are both getting pretty interesting and contrasts nicely with each other. Can't believe Ains got beaten though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2017 6:31 AM

Jul 2013
Ever been one of those parties with your friends, you're having fun drinking and singing karaoke and then at the height of the party that one dude you didn't invite cause you all know he'll cause shit turns up and kills the mood? Yeah that's how I felt when I was enjoying this episode, the fights were awesome and finally someone stronger than aizusan comes and we even saw that 5-year old Finn fight. Then Lafiya fucks it all up again with her usual antics of stupid imagination of feeding aizusan. Now I'm even calling Ais aizusan because I hear it from Lafiya all the fucking time. Just shut up bitch :/
Jul 5, 2017 2:17 PM

Jul 2009
There's a lot going between the gods...

So the red hair knows Ais's mom.
Jul 5, 2017 4:49 PM

May 2012
Decent progression, things sure spiced up a bit more in this episode! Looking forward to see what's next.
Jul 18, 2017 9:30 PM

Dec 2012
Finn going for that oppai. Nice.
Is that Skull Re...?
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 22, 2017 8:10 PM
Nov 2010
I liked Ais getting pushed to her limit- it felt more tense and like the first series in that way. Getting to see Finn go toe to toe with the red haired girl and hit her against the wall was gratifying in finally showing why he's party lead as well. His comment about breaking his finger was badass. xD
Jul 15, 2019 11:29 AM

Apr 2009
So if Uranus, the old geezer is still around here, where's Zeus at this time? Watching Bell from Olympus?

She was wearing the corpse face...Faceless Men confirmed. Valar morghulis! XD

Wow at least we get to see how strong Finn is and actually acknowledged by the current antagonist!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 23, 2019 8:07 PM
Mar 2015
yuyiyu said:
I think all the hate for lefiya is unjustified.

I don't know why people are hating her so much, i know that she was kinda useless in the start of the story but it has to be expected to give her character development, and she is kinda helping them now not much but a little bit.

Also she is only level 3 so don't expect that she can do what a lvl 6 or 5 can do.

Pretty sure that people are triggered just because she has a crush on Ais and thats pretty much it.

We're triggered not because she's (possibly) a lesbian but because she's annoying and cowardly and irrelevant to the story. There was no reason to introduce her at this point. They should have focused on Ais and the rest. After the first season of Danmachi, we all were ready to see this side story as a way to see Ais's side of the story, and have it focus on her. But no, instead we get this useless elf who can't do anything. That's why everybody is pissed. Why was this episode the best so far this season? Because there was actually some plot development (because it didn't focus on lefiya) and also because we got some quality scenes, including fight scenes that DIDN'T have lefiya. Her being level 3 doesn't make a difference (i mean, look at Bell, he's doing just fine and his arc was interesting), especially considering that the show literally tells you that she has the capabilities of a level 4 or 5 at level 3, which just makes her cowardice and general uselessness that much more infuriating to watch. There. I'm done ranting lol.

Also, Finn is a total beast. Up to episode 5, his fight with that chic (albeit a short one) is EASILY the best scene so far in the season, hands down.
J-FloJul 23, 2019 8:12 PM
Oct 1, 2020 4:12 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Introduction to the villain on these little series, eh? Its looks more solidified than before with all of the explanations. Thats Uranus and some shady being behind him, looks more suspicious with their interaction. Loki seemed to had a nice guts to face himself alone, almost getting trouble if she did not decide to fall back. Lol.

Meanwhile, in the city saved zone, the situations kinda hectic there. The tamer of an unknown monsters finally revealed herself. She was looks like an assassin that knew Aiz's past (her mother's name). I felt bad with Aiz's parent, something unexpected must be happened when the twos of them left her alone. Lets see more to see what was goin on, then!

Also, Finn looks so badass and powerful here, knewing his action kinda lacking in the first two seasons. I am glad to see him shine a bit on these episode. About the elf chick, i am relieved that she was more useful than before by using a combination attack successfully to demoslished the ugly monster. So, after that one, Aiz decided to face her trouble against that tamer alone, far away from my chick elf. So lets see how well her journey in the depth of the Dungeon, with a little help of an experience older elf, Riveria ....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 13, 2020 6:53 AM

Mar 2013
Dont get the hate boner for Lefiya, thought she was alright. Far from the most annoying character
Dec 17, 2020 9:11 PM

Apr 2019
Damn it... murderer escaped... so Aiz's real name is aria? good name. Good luck to them fighting the floor boss.

Aug 22, 2022 6:49 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Damm, this adaptation is really mid at best, at least the designs dont suffer too much, but the animation is so piss poor and so many dialogue they are skiping from the LN, like Aiz waiting on the Deep Levels for the Boss monster, on purpose!
Yet when you watch this, it seems like it was an accident, lol.

Also absolute no explanation where they are on the Deep Levels, the White Palace etc etc...
S1 was a good job from the studios but they were clear signs they would fuck S2 and butcher a ton of other adaptations, and SO really shows it.

Getting to see the Deep Levels animated and SO is a good thing so at least this is enjoyable enough to me, but for anime onlies, their first contact is soo poor, and they will never realize this spin off can actually get cool moments because they know only this shit adaptation!
Feb 26, 2023 7:57 AM

Nov 2010
Finally, an actual PVP combat in Danmachi. I don't think there was PVP in the first season. At least, I don't remember one.
Very cool girl-on-girl combat. Ais looked hot, as always. Finn was also very cool; he reminded me of Meliodas from 7DS.
Jun 4, 2023 9:01 AM
Nov 2017
Wow seeing the difference of how Deep floors looked in here and in season 4 caught me off guard
Jun 18, 2023 12:14 PM

Mar 2017
As someone who just finished DanMachi S4 part 2 this episode just completely undermined that whole season!

Are the deep floors dangerous or not? Cause I’m S4 it seemed like hell and yet here it looks like a piece of piss… some continuity errors there!
Aug 7, 2023 1:44 PM
Nov 2022
Finn tremendo
Incluso hasta se quebro la mano

Y Ais vamos a haber q pasado escondera y por q se puso haci
Y pes todo perfecto hasta q la elfo otra vez con sus fantacias

Jan 30, 2:05 PM

Nov 2009
LOL, "feed her"

Also... lots of ppls here don't like elf girl huh... poor elf girl...

And I see why the girls go crazy for the shota captain, dude's mature for his looks and he's very understanding and also has the strength to protect his allies.

In a parallel world, capt could be the Protag/ MC instead, LOL
amlgJan 30, 2:16 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Feb 15, 8:59 AM
Jun 2023
The fifth episode of DanMachi Sword Oratoria brings intense battles and emotional moments to the forefront, delivering an engrossing viewing experience. With its thrilling storyline and character development, this episode keeps viewers on the edge of their seats, eagerly anticipating the outcome.

The animation quality continues to impress, showcasing the fantastical world of Orario with stunning visuals and attention to detail. The dungeon's intricate designs, bustling cityscapes, and action-packed sequences are brought to life with fluid animation and vibrant colors. The battles are dynamic and visually captivating, highlighting the characters' growth and abilities.

Character development takes significant strides in this episode, further exploring the motivations and struggles of Ais Wallenstein and Loki Familia. Ais's determination and emotional journey continue to be focal points, deepening the audience's connection with her. The interactions among the familia members elicit both heartwarming and poignant moments, strengthening their bonds and underscoring their resolve.

The plot unfolds with gripping intensity, as the battles within the dungeon escalate and challenges become even more daunting. The pacing remains consistent, balancing moments of action, suspense, and character-driven narratives. Each revelation and encounter adds depth to the overall narrative, immersing viewers in the high-stakes world of Sword Oratoria.

Episode 5 presents formidable adversaries and tests Loki Familia's skills and teamwork. The battles are intense and well-choreographed, showcasing the characters' growth and determination. These encounters not only provide thrilling action but also serve as catalysts for character development, as the members of Loki Familia face their own personal demons.

The soundtrack continues to enhance the overall atmosphere, heightening the emotions and tension within each scene. The music complements the action sequences and adds depth to quieter moments, effectively immersing viewers in the world of Sword Oratoria. The opening and ending themes further contribute to the overall appeal of the series.

While Sword Oratoria can be enjoyed as a standalone series, having prior knowledge of the events and characters from the main series, DanMachi, enhances the viewing experience and understanding of the world of Orario.

In conclusion, the fifth episode of DanMachi Sword Oratoria delivers a captivating and intense viewing experience. With its impressive animation, well-developed characters, and thrilling plot developments, it keeps viewers engaged and invested in the story. Fans of the original series will be delighted by the continued exploration of Ais Wallenstein's journey and the challenges faced by Loki Familia in the unforgiving depths of the dungeon.
Danmachi Best Anime WW

Jul 15, 10:29 PM

Dec 2008
It's kind of crazy to me how much hate Lefiya gets. Do people really have such low tolerance for a character that's fairly standard anime fare? I do think the anime has been pretty average so far, but I don't think Lefiya is the main contributing factor for that.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2017

137 by Warchiii »»
Oct 6, 4:42 AM

» For those who seen it .... whats your opinion on Danmachi series?

AnimeFA78N - Aug 2, 2021

40 by IKKIsama »»
Oct 1, 2:38 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 26, 2017

49 by Abdul_raheem211 »»
Aug 19, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2017

70 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Feb 27, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2017

54 by Donkunsan »»
Feb 24, 3:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.