Forum Settings
Forums

IT'S HAPPENING: FBI Reopens Clinton Email Probe

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 28, 2016 12:49 PM

May 2010
Washingtonpost.com means I can't read it.

Investigation likely will not be over within 48 hours.
Oct 28, 2016 12:50 PM

Aug 2013
they won't do anything
Oct 28, 2016 12:52 PM

Jun 2016
Sherlupin said:
they won't do anything

^^, i don't think anything will actually happen
Oct 28, 2016 12:56 PM

Jun 2016
Whether or not they actually do anything isn't why this has such a huge impact. The immense media coverage and the fact that voters are reminded of recklessness will make many have a second thoughts. There's still a lot more voting to do, and this could have unsure impacts on her election.

I haven't looked throughly into neither one's plan, but Trump is the first candidate hat I've seen who actively uses his own Twitter (yea i know most are done by his team) but he does post there, a Lot. He's a media whore. And through good or bad, He is they guy who will send a Tweet to the American people at 3 AM.

He is the first President who speaks from the gut and even if I have some doubts, if ANY potential president Will in fact challenge the establishment its him.
Oct 28, 2016 12:59 PM

Jan 2012
NexAnim88 said:

^^, i don't think anything will actually happen

Exactly doesn't matter if it's FBI , CIA or pentagon or whatever

nothing can stop Clinton , she will win

also she is backed up by powerful and corrupted people.

Oct 28, 2016 1:00 PM

May 2010
Catherine Herridge, chief intelligence correspondent for Fox News, suggests the FBI would not reopen such a case unless there was sufficient evidence that the new information was of quality and had direct relevance to the investigation in question.

In other words she's saying Comey is beating around the bush at saying whatever they found on Anthony Weiner's device has direct relevance to the HRC email investigation, and is likely not something that could easily be dismissed.
Oct 28, 2016 1:01 PM

Jan 2009
ye this will make Trump happy and i bet he will stop saying the whole system is rigged
Oct 28, 2016 1:17 PM

Dec 2007
This could in fact get quite big. There have been strong indications that a lot of career FBI agents were unhappy with the whitewash investigation conducted. They will be more than happy to work overtime to come up with something.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if the FBI was using the Weiner investigation as an excuse to try and check Abedin's emails. It's not unheard of for something like that to happen.
Oct 28, 2016 1:26 PM

Nov 2009
I just hope that they don't repeat what they did with the Benghazi attack hearings, where they re-opened it like 8 times, with the last time finding absolutely nothing new and wasting millions of taxpayer dollars to let us, the people, know that absolutely nothing new was found.

Either way though, would rather vote her in, and have her subsequently impeached then have Trump. I will NEVER vote a billionaire, a symbol of why America's economy collapsed in 2007 and probably again in the near future, into office. Especially one who continuously opts out of taking any steps to ensure that they will avoid conflicts of interest.
Oct 28, 2016 1:29 PM
Sep 2015
On other thread an hour ago by me:

I have a feeling someone will make a new thread about this claiming that they are reopening it.

So I make that about 20 years that Hilary has been "investigated" in some way. That a hell of alot of money spent by the FBI for that long and she has gone completely unscathed. Either she is:
A: Luckiest woman on Earth
B: Greatest supervillian since Plankton from Sponge-bob
C: Innocent

Either way, that would make a perfect President for you Americans.

Notices how pretty ironic it is that Trump fans complain about media not reporting truth whilst they now believe ad spread things that aren't true. This will all pass over by next week.
Watch Nichijou
Oct 28, 2016 1:34 PM

Jan 2009
DJBay said:

Notices how pretty ironic it is that Trump fans complain about media not reporting truth whilst they now believe ad spread things that aren't true. This will all pass over by next week.

not just Trump fans but Trump himself accuses the whole system is rigged so hopefully this will shut them up about that delusion of theirs
Oct 28, 2016 1:43 PM

May 2010
Pirating_Ninja said:
Either way though, would rather vote her in, and have her subsequently impeached

If she was president she could pardon herself.

It sounds impossible but it's supposedly true.
Oct 28, 2016 1:43 PM
Sep 2015
j0x said:
DJBay said:

not just Trump fans but Trump himself accuses the whole system is rigged so hopefully this will shut them up about that delusion of theirs

Nope, because once news bosses realises there is no story left, they'll stop reporting it, leading to the continuous "media covering up".

Little do they realize people are slowly starting to get sick of these eye-catching, overdone headlines similar to this one and emails leaked by someone who clearly wants 1 candidate to win. Are the media forced to talk about the same boring, repetitive topic for so many weeks when they all turn out to have the same, non-existent result?
Watch Nichijou
Oct 28, 2016 1:52 PM

Jan 2009
DJBay said:
j0x said:

Nope, because once news bosses realises there is no story left, they'll stop reporting it, leading to the continuous "media covering up".

Little do they realize people are slowly starting to get sick of these eye-catching, overdone headlines similar to this one and emails leaked by someone who clearly wants 1 candidate to win. Are the media forced to talk about the same boring, repetitive topic for so many weeks when they all turn out to have the same, non-existent result?

makes sense, Trump and his supporters will just say its rigged again when the FBI finds nothing again
Oct 28, 2016 2:01 PM

Jul 2015
Oct 28, 2016 2:10 PM

Jun 2011
DeplorableNico said:
This is it MAL, this is what will determine the fate of the 2016 Presidential Election.

I don't think they are going to be able to do much in the week or so before the election.
Oct 28, 2016 2:13 PM
Sep 2015
What I do find funny aside from the Anthony Weiner jokes, are the people are are praising him like he's some sort of good person since the email came from his sexting a minor.
Watch Nichijou
Oct 28, 2016 2:23 PM

Nov 2008
I doubt this will affect the election but if she gets in office and then gets convicted, she can be impeached and hopefully imprisoned.

Oct 28, 2016 3:02 PM

May 2010
"thousands of emails sent or received by Huma Abedin"

Apparently.
Oct 28, 2016 3:26 PM

Jun 2011
Hoppy said:
I doubt this will affect the election but if she gets in office and then gets convicted, she can be impeached and hopefully imprisoned.

What happens if a president is impeached? Does it move on to the VP? Cause I doubt Tim Kaine would be much better, and he supports TPP as well.
Oct 28, 2016 3:49 PM

May 2010
Narmy said:
Hoppy said:

What happens if a president is impeached? Does it move on to the VP? Cause I doubt Tim Kaine would be much better, and he supports TPP as well.

If Tim Kaine isn't implicated, then yes it would move to him.

Of course that's only if they're impeached and then removed from office. Bill Clinton was impeached, but he remained in office.

No one likes Tim Kaine, so people should really be considering all of this.
Oct 28, 2016 3:49 PM

Nov 2009
Narmy said:
Hoppy said:

1) Won't get impeached, can only be impeached for a crime committed in office. Although given her track record, I wouldn't find it at all surprising if she was impeached for lying like Bill was.

2) This investigation is ultimately bipartisan bull shit, they have been re-opening benghazi for years, wasting millions upon millions of the taxpayers money to come to the same conclusion over and over again - often times failing to even discover any new or relevant information.

3) Yes it moves on to the Vice president - https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Presidential_line_of_succession

4) Everyone will ultimately support the TPP, since it is in congress' hands for the most part. Not too mention that the two choices are a billionaire who directly benefits from the passage of free trade agreements, and a woman who sells herself to said billionaires, i.e. indirectly benefits from the passage of such agreements.
Oct 28, 2016 3:53 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I highly doubt this'll change anything. Not like Clinton's emails being shady is anything new. If she's still in the lead by now, I don't see why she'd fall behind just because of this

Unless something insane gets discovered within said emails that is but I wouldn't count on it leading anywhere
Oct 28, 2016 3:55 PM

Nov 2009
Thrashinuva said:
Narmy said:

If Tim Kaine isn't implicated, then yes it would move to him.

Of course that's only if they're impeached and then removed from office. Bill Clinton was impeached, but he remained in office.

No one likes Tim Kaine, so people should really be considering all of this.
That is because he was only impeached by the House, the senate did not share said opinion and was thus acquitted. In order to be removed from office after an impeachment, one must be convicted by house and senate (by I believe 2/3 vote). Impeached just refers to being charged with a crime, one must then be convicted in order to be removed from office.
Oct 28, 2016 3:57 PM

Jul 2015
hopfully thing occur
rather than is big time wasted again
Oct 28, 2016 4:03 PM

May 2010
They're about to have a news conference about all this.

Knowing them they're just going to deny everything, but if we're lucky she'll drop out.

Edit: Lying through her teeth.
Oct 28, 2016 4:10 PM

Mar 2013
Has she tried to blame the Russians yet?

Oct 28, 2016 4:18 PM

Jun 2011
Pirating_Ninja said:
2) This investigation is ultimately bipartisan bull shit, they have been re-opening benghazi for years, wasting millions upon millions of the taxpayers money to come to the same conclusion over and over again - often times failing to even discover any new or relevant information.

Benghazi was bullshit, but the email investigation is not.
Oct 28, 2016 4:26 PM

Sep 2011
They have been going after clinton for decades and nothing comes of it. I don't expect anything to come from this either. The only hope people can really hold onto with clinton fully losing this race is if she croaks.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 28, 2016 5:33 PM

Jun 2012
Bill's dick began her downfall Weiner's dick ends it.
Oct 28, 2016 6:03 PM

Jul 2015
BobbyFischerG said:

weiner following his wiener might cost hillary her campaign
lol!!
Oct 28, 2016 6:09 PM

May 2010
Salvatia said:
BobbyFischerG said:

weiner following his wiener might cost hillary her campaign
lol!!

And also might save Western society.
Oct 29, 2016 12:31 AM

Jun 2008
Oh noes...Hillary and her email scandal!!!

Surely NOW, after the 54th time they'll take her down!

OK.

In other news President Hillary Clinton was quoted saying she gave "zero fucks" about the fbi.
Oct 29, 2016 2:43 AM

Apr 2014
JustALEX said:

OK.

In other news President Hillary Clinton was quoted saying she gave "zero fucks" about the fbi.

In other news, you're a degenerate.

I have to think the FBI is for real this time, otherwise why do this? They admitted she was guilty and still let her off. The only reason to bring it back up would be to do what they should have the first time.
Oct 29, 2016 3:16 AM

Jun 2008
Altairius said:
JustALEX said:

OK.

I have to think the FBI is for real this time, otherwise why do this? They admitted she was guilty and still let her off. The only reason to bring it back up would be to do what they should have the first time.

LMAO!

TBF....I think everyone in MAL is a degenerate...

Anyways, give me a break this email scandal has been going on FOREVER and each time they don't do anything.

Or do you really think they're going to do something with literally 10 days before the election?

I don't even like Hillary....but some of you guys are grasping at any and all straws.

It's over man....she's going to win, just accept it and move on.
Oct 29, 2016 3:22 AM

Jul 2013
Considering how many people of authority she has in her pocket, I doubt anything is going to change.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Oct 29, 2016 3:27 AM

Jun 2008
One thing is for sure....come November 8, this country is going to be on edge.

I won't even bother leaving my house that day.

I already voted and I'll be watching the glorious shit show on TV.

November 9 is going to be a sobering day for the alt-right, I hope they're prepared.
Oct 29, 2016 3:29 AM
Nov 2013
This happened before... a lot. Around 50 times. I don't think this will make a difference.
Oct 29, 2016 3:37 AM

Apr 2014
JustALEX said:
Altairius said:

LMAO!

TBF....I think everyone in MAL is a degenerate...

Anyways, give me a break this email scandal has been going on FOREVER and each time they don't do anything.

Or do you really think they're going to do something with literally 10 days before the election?

I don't even like Hillary....but some of you guys are grasping at any and all straws.

It's over man....she's going to win, just accept it and move on.

Her numbers keep dropping, and it's been proven that many of the mainstream polls are oversampling democrats and minorities. On top of that, we still have the biggest scandals yet to come from Wikileaks and O'Keefe.

Grasping at straws? Anyone else would've been out of the race ages ago. Don't think there can't be a revolt from within the establishment.
Oct 29, 2016 4:16 AM

Dec 2012
What this investigation results in is currently irrelevant. How Donald Trump uses it to his advantage for the next 10 days is why it should matter to Hillary. He needs to literally make this his main message up through November 8th. His claims of rigging and corruption won't sound so baseless when he drives home the point that his opponent is the embodiment of both. As Ben Shapiro jokingly put it, "James Comey" or "FBI Investigation" need to be his answer to everything from now on.

"Mr. Trump, 20 women and a horse have stepped forward and accused you of rape. Your response?"
"James Comey."
"By god he's right!"

Also lol @ how the same leftists who said that James Comey was the ideal man to investigate Hillary are now calling him a Republican sellout because it's no longer serving their special interest. I would caution those who think he's redeemed himself, however, as it's more than likely he did this now rather than later so that the FBI isn't accused of partisanship.

One last thing that's particularly telling (and pathetic) is how Attorney General Loretta Lynch is pleading the fifth over the $1.7b ransom payment to Iran. This is the same woman who met with Bill Clinton in secret on the tarmac for 30 minutes. What a pitiful sight when the office that's supposed to represent justice is occupied by someone who's averting it.
Oct 29, 2016 6:05 AM
Sep 2015
Altairius said:

On top of that, we still have the biggest scandals yet to come from Wikileaks and O'Keefe.

If anything, ^^ has been a bad move. The fact that they've deiced to release these over such a long period of time in so many parts means that it's become boring and repetitive. People are caring less and less and the releases are only giving more conviction to people who already die-heart support Trump.
If they were smart they would have released ONLY once or twice around last week with the most damaging leaks.
Watch Nichijou
Oct 29, 2016 6:09 AM

Jun 2008
Altairius said:
Her numbers keep dropping, and it's been proven that many of the mainstream polls are oversampling democrats and minorities. On top of that, we still have the biggest scandals yet to come from Wikileaks and O'Keefe.

Grasping at straws? Anyone else would've been out of the race ages ago. Don't think there can't be a revolt from within the establishment.

The overwhelming majority of the polls show Hillary winning.....Even FOX NEWS!

Is Fox News also oversampling Democrats?

Are ALL polls biased? No.

BTW....here are the polls just in case you are interested:

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/national-polls/

And just so you know....the polls don't even mean anything.

Because as we all (Should) know....you do NOT win the presidency on popular vote, but rather by the electoral college.

And guess what?

Hillary is winning the key battleground states of Florida, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Virginia, and Wisconsin.

Let me further explain to you how DIFFICULT it would be for Trump to win at this point.

IF Hillary LOSES Florida, North Carolina, AND Wisconsin...

She would STILL win the Presidency.....but currently the polls are showing she's WINNING all those states.

That's how big her lead is.
Oct 29, 2016 7:45 AM

May 2010
JustALEX said:
Is Fox News also oversampling Democrats?

They might be, I'd like a source on that.

Regardless, they weight Republican and Democrat numbers differently. Even if they don't oversample, which many of them do, they base the final numbers on the turnout of voters from the last election. This is very unfair as Hillary is nowhere near as popular as Obama, and Trump is every bit as popular as Obama and perhaps more (and Romney was always shit, but not as much as Hillary). This results in what they call D+9 or some other number. Essentially if the result is 45D and 47R, they just add whatever number to D (in this case 9), and call that the final result.

The polls that base their numbers on the primary turnout for this election will be much more accurate, and those polls have Trump winning. Republican primary turnout this year was up, while Democrat turnout this year was down. Despite the fanatic Bernie support Democrat turnout was STILL down. This is also in spite of the huge amount of additional support Trump has received after the Primary. We aren't hearing "I supported x Republican candidate but I can't support Trump", at least nowhere near as much as we hear "I supported Bernie but I can't support Hillary", which is fairly enlightening to say the least.

All these numbers are also different based on whether or not we include Jill Stein and Gary Johnson in it all, in which case most often Hillary suffers most due to their inclusion.

In all honesty, you Hillary supporters shouldn't be worrying about the swing states right now, but should be worrying about losing some of your Blue states.
Oct 29, 2016 7:53 AM

Dec 2013
There are more registered Democrats than Republicans in the US. So complaining about polls oversampling them is kinda dumb.

But why does that matter? It's the independents who decide elections anyway.
Oct 29, 2016 8:02 AM

May 2010
Kyalla said:
There are more registered Democrats than Republicans in the US. So complaining about polls oversampling them is kinda dumb.

We have that "fact", but we don't know the details do we? I'd be interested in a breakdown. How many of those additional democrats are in only one state? For example, if 90% of California is Democrat, then that's going to make that statistic true every year, but is it really going to matter in the end if every other state is basically even? We shouldn't be oversampling for every single state even if the overall number is true, it should be specific to each state, and if we really wanted to be accurate to each county though that would take far too much time.

Also independents are favoring Trump by a fairly large margin. I like to think that as representative of everyone, as that number probably isn't weighted in any such direction. Although the latest poll I could find on this was a Fox News poll, he was still closing in on her in all the other independent polls in September, so if they all polled again they'd likely have a similar result to the Fox News poll.

"Now" is October 26 (or the poll says 22-25). Considering yesterday's bombshell, who knows how many just went Trump, and who knows how many will go Trump in this last 10 days.
Oct 29, 2016 8:12 AM

Dec 2007
Kyalla said:

At the same time, there are more registered Democrats that consistently vote Republican than vice versa, and more registered independents that lean heavily Republican.
Oct 29, 2016 8:29 AM

Mar 2013
Kyalla said:

Last Gallup poll data I know of was 41% democrats VS 39% Republicans but we know there's been a big surge in Republican registering last year or two.

Oct 29, 2016 9:01 AM

Oct 2016
You're only president for 4 years. Neither Hillary or Trump is going to bring forth the apocalypse during that time. The USA has a congress and checks and balances to ensure that.

What I don't see being mentioned is the true power play that's going down. The supreme court. Those people serve for decades. That's what should be influencing your vote this coming november... If of course you do vote.

As for the Hillary Clinton email fiasco.. I don't understand how potential voters can overlook the blatant corruption there. She had a server in her basement and is being investigated again by the FBI. How many red flags do you need? She shouldn't even be eligible. But I still believe she's gonna walk away free.
GhostsNGloryOct 29, 2016 9:08 AM
Oct 29, 2016 2:21 PM

May 2010
Huma Abedin being thrown under the bus. She's no longer travelling with Hillary. She ALWAYS travels with Hillary.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.