Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Aug 14, 2016 3:32 PM

May 2015
Xion69 said:
Reverberate__ said:
That ending man... I never expected that. Now victory seems really far away....

But shit, this fight was so incredibly intense. I really hope Wilhem didn't die... This man fought so well, and those flashbacks ;__;.... I can't believe the wolf guy got taken down as well. I can't fucking wait for next episode.

fight was so not incredibly intense but turn-based.

Army or the butler attack the whale, whale doesn't do anything just sit/ fly there.
Then Whale attacks army, army get damaged.

To each their own, lol...

Aug 14, 2016 3:32 PM

Sep 2015
...It was going SO WELL!!! Have no idea how they can get out of this without Subaru repeating Rem's love confession step by step or maybe Puck will come and save them? Well Puck destroyed the world last time we saw him so maybe not... Maybe Ram, Felt, Reinhard or Beako will become relevant characters again? Probably not :/

Only thing confusing me.. so Wilhelm then somehow made up with her, married her, then took her name? I'm also guessing the whale killed her without fog as he remembers her.
Aug 14, 2016 3:33 PM
Dec 2015
Has anyone wondered why Emilia's safety protocol isn't Be Either 50m or less away from Reinhard or Roswaal?

Honestly half the problems in this series would be solved if this girl didn't go out on her own.
Aug 14, 2016 3:35 PM

Jan 2014
Mich666 said:
Mentar said:
For the time being I opt to believe that the (fairly banal) Wilhelm backstory isn't completed yet. After all, they ended up married, but when Theresia walked off in the flashback, they sure didn't look husband and wife to me.

Besides, it would utterly shock me if Wilhelm was dead. At the very least he'll kill the whale from within, wanna bet? This so-called "masterpiece" episode demands this radical surprise.

Well, I don't think we'll get more of this, the main point to be emphasized here is that Reinhard is their son. And it was kinda implied that Wilhelm finally understood her in the moment of his death and was reunited with her - the flower.

What I find very weird here is that Wilhelm still even remembers her... when the whale should erase his memories of her. It seems like possible plothole.
I think that you need to be hit by that "concentrated fog"
I think he mentioned it in this episode.
Aug 14, 2016 3:36 PM

Sep 2015
Or maybe the orange haired lunatic candidate will become relevant and do something... or maybe the OTHER guy from Earth that works under her... or maybe.. It's occurring to me now how many characters or potential story arcs that were introduced that will completely be forgotten in the anime's climax...
Aug 14, 2016 3:39 PM
Jul 2018
QWERTYFish25 said:
Well at least something happened. The action was ok, but nothing groundbreaking.

Nah, they should be 'Very Good' at least. This show's realistic so we've to take the characters' limited combat capabilities into consideration. But you can't ignore the animation quality; it kept smooth. My complaint is that I think the whale appeared too static in some parts.

If you think about it, it should be really hard to make a fight of humans in this setting against giant creatures like these feel very satisfying. This is, unless the characters are extremely overpowered--which wasn't the case. What we've seen is then doing what they should--inflict as much damage as possible. It might've, then, appeared a bit monotonous to see them keep cutting through a great part of the whale's body.
Aug 14, 2016 3:40 PM

Oct 2012
Demonneo said:
Sometimes i wonder if people actually pay attention to the episodes..lol. The majority of the "complains" i read is just people who get everything wrong or distort it in ways to suit their rant against this show. The only reason why Emilia died that time was because Subaru was willing to confess and suicide right there by using the curse, so Satella killed Emilia instead. In this episode that was not his purpose at all! One would expect something similar to what happened in arc 2 with the dogs to happen! Rem's or the soldier's lives were never at risk if the established universe rules are applied. Subaru's curse is heavily dependent on his current feelings/motivation. It's a two-edged sword!

Yeah, let's call viewers stupid, that's the best way to counter an argument here.

His purpose doesn't matter here, either he tries to tell it to someone (in this case Rem) or not, there is no middle ground in this. Otherwise this series is just bending the rules it set for itself in the beginning. What's more - Rem KNOWS he's keeping something from her and she didn't even questioned his words, that was also something that was intentionally not dealt with in that scene.

Re:Zero has very bad habit of not explaining some things and wanting its viewers to patientely wait till they get their answer. If they don't, those things seems as plot holes (and some details weren't explained at all - remember Puck's friendness in earlier episodes for example).

The real problem is that the series sets iself some rules only to break them at some point and then lets viewer in dark for quite some time till those exceptions are possibly explained later for sake of twist. But the thing is those exceptions actually undermines those rules in the first place and it makes viewer doubt them (therefore doubting whole story) which is not a good writing approach on large scale.
Aug 14, 2016 3:41 PM

Jan 2009
Mich666 said:
Well, I don't think we'll get more of this, the main point to be emphasized here is that Reinhard is their son.

Reinhard was not mentioned in the episode as all, to my knowledge. Or did I miss something?

And it was kinda implied that Wilhelm finally understood her in the moment of his death and was reunited with her - the flower.

Yes, but there's the integral part missing. How did they reunite, marry, and have their child? Simply "understanding" Theresia in the Whale's mouth is too late to have Reinhard ;) ... I recognize the symbolism, but this can't be the entire story.

We'll have to wait and see, but IMHO they can't possibly end the flashback at this point. It would ruin the storyline by leaving more questions than answering them.
Aug 14, 2016 3:42 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Mich666 said:
Demonneo said:
Sometimes i wonder if people actually pay attention to the episodes..lol. The majority of the "complains" i read is just people who get everything wrong or distort it in ways to suit their rant against this show. The only reason why Emilia died that time was because Subaru was willing to confess and suicide right there by using the curse, so Satella killed Emilia instead. In this episode that was not his purpose at all! One would expect something similar to what happened in arc 2 with the dogs to happen! Rem's or the soldier's lives were never at risk if the established universe rules are applied. Subaru's curse is heavily dependent on his current feelings/motivation. It's a two-edged sword!

Yeah, let's call viewers stupid, that's the best way to counter an argument here.

His purpose doesn't matter here, either he tries to tell it to someone (in this case Rem) or not, there is no middle ground in this. Otherwise this series is just bending the rules it set for itself in the beginning. What's more - Rem KNOWS he's keeping something from her and she didn't even questioned his words, that was also something that was intentionally not dealt with in that scene.

Re:Zero has very bad habit of not explaining some things and wanting its viewers to patientely wait till they get their answer. If they don't, those things seems as plot holes (and some details weren't explained at all - remember Puck's friendness in earlier episodes for example).

The real problem is that the series sets iself some rules only to break them at some point and then lets viewer in dark for quite some time till those exceptions are possibly explained later for sake of twist. But the thing is those exceptions actually undermines those rules in the first place and it makes viewer doubt them (therefore doubting whole story) which is not a good writing approach on large scale.

So you want all explanations thrown at you at once without having you think what's going on? That what you sayin?
Aug 14, 2016 3:42 PM

May 2015
In this moment Subaru knew...he fucked up. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 14, 2016 3:44 PM

Aug 2015
Theresia is cute <3
Aug 14, 2016 3:46 PM
Jul 2016
Demonneo said:
Mich666 said:

Also, the last time Subaru tried to spell out loud Return by Death Emilia died. So either he learnt nothing from that moment or he is actually pretty stupid to forget that if he was willing to risk Rem's life.

The reason why Re: Zero haters (not all) are some of the dumbest anime viewers I've come across. Like, pay attention to what's happening on the damn screen instead of looking down and checking your cellphone every 5 minutes.
I'm not being sarcastic or trying to offend, I'm being objectively serious.
Aug 14, 2016 3:46 PM

Oct 2011
Three white whales omfg
Whiliem nooooooo
Aug 14, 2016 3:47 PM
May 2015
3 of the bastarards, the possibility of victory is looking slim
Aug 14, 2016 3:49 PM

Oct 2012
Mentar said:
Reinhard was not mentioned in the episode as all, to my knowledge. Or did I miss something?

He's Van Astrea too, I thought people would remember but then again I didn't remember at first too.
https://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=character&charid=78948

Mentar said:
Mich666 said:
And it was kinda implied that Wilhelm finally understood her in the moment of his death and was reunited with her - the flower.

Yes, but there's the integral part missing. How did they reunite, marry, and have their child? Simply "understanding" Theresia in the Whale's mouth is too late to have Reinhard ;) ... I recognize the symbolism, but this can't be the entire story.

We'll have to wait and see, but IMHO they can't possibly end the flashback at this point. It would ruin the storyline by leaving more questions than answering them.

I agree and that's why I also felt the backstory was incomplete and that his death felt pointless (even though it still could be dealt with in the future as you are saying). But I can only judge thing from standpoint of this episode and I can only guess they just left those little details out of the adaptation. To me it all felt like this is meant as Reinhard backstory and character developement in the first place.
Mich666Aug 14, 2016 3:53 PM
Aug 14, 2016 3:51 PM

Aug 2014
That one goddamn tanky whale lol. I doubt Wilhelm is gone for now, he'll likely return to kick ass a final time, though I wonder if those 3 whales are real or not.
Aug 14, 2016 3:53 PM

Jun 2015
That whale is as OP as i imagined XD
5/5
I now know that most of the haters are just petty wannabe elitists that want to stand out . Most of their arguments prove that they're complete morons or they don't understand the story at all !
(btw there are some people that hate this show, that make very valid points and i respect that. Unfortunately they are the minority and get wrongly grouped with the morons and trolls.It's really sad actually.)
Aug 14, 2016 3:55 PM
Jul 2018
Mich666 said:
Demonneo said:

'purpose'? Think it's 'intention'. And then the question is: 'Why?' Why does he intends...? Subaru before had intended to tell the truth at the cost of his life, because he couldn't take it anymore. Satella then couldn't argue against it. She knows he's right. She doesn't wants him to hate her. What she does instead is kill Emilia and blame him for it. (And Subaru accepts, because pride.)

What Subaru only wanted was to use it to attract the whale. Satella should be aware of this. Then what she did is just prevent him like aways.

Rem didn't question him when you think she should? Because she trusts him. That's in her personality. Nothing wrong with that.

That's the 'retrospective storytelling' aspect of it. No problem, because we get the answers later on.

Puck's 'friendness'? He responding to Subaru during Elsa's? That should be because like explained, Puck can sense if a person carries evil intentions or not. He was friendly with him because he knows.

... Huh? You said nothing of substance. I guess you have more, right?
Aug 14, 2016 3:55 PM

Jun 2015
3d animation besides this anime has great animation and its peak was at episode 15.
But episodes like these need the higher budget. Maybe I'm just overexaggerating since I love this Anime so much.
Aug 14, 2016 3:56 PM
Jun 2016
Mich666 said:
Mentar said:

He's Van Astrea too, I thought people would remember but then again I didn't remember at first too.
https://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=character&charid=78948

Mentar said:

I agree and that's why I also felt the backstory was incomplete and that his death felt pointless (even though it still could be dealt with in the future as you are saying). But I can only judge thing from standpoint of this episode and I can only guess they just left those little details out of the adaptation. To me it all felt like this meant Reinhard backstory and character developement in the first place.

Reinhard is NOT their son. He was never stated to be their son, having the same family name does not make him their son. It's annoy seeing people base their complaints on this.
Aug 14, 2016 3:59 PM

Mar 2011
Mich666 said:

And even after i told you a plausible interpretation of how the curse works, here you are saying that does not matter just to suit your rant..lol. The rules and events of what happened are there. If you do not accept it, that's your own problem not the writer. Not at all!
Plus, like @Smudy said, you want all explanations thrown at you at once without having you think what's going on? That's hardly a plot hole if it gives you clues to discuss about something that will be eventually explained later on. Only in your head this can possible be a bad thing! But whatever... to each his own.
Aug 14, 2016 4:01 PM
Sep 2015
Why is this anime so good
Aug 14, 2016 4:01 PM

Oct 2012
Smudy said:
So you want all explanations thrown at you at once without having you think what's going on? That what you sayin?

No, I'm just saying that they should put those explanations or hints when they are relevant not few episodes later when noone cares.

The book and animated medium are ultimately different and sometimes what works in one doesn't work in other.
It's not like you can stop and browse few pages back or remember all minor hints instantly when watching the series on weekly basis.
Aug 14, 2016 4:02 PM

Aug 2012
This episode was full of action with Wilheim flashbacks of Thearesia.

Subaru and Felix watch from the sidelines because they have no way to attack the white whale while everyone else attacks. Wilheim did a lot of damage to it. Him carving out the white whales eye was cool.

People hit by the white whales fog vanish from existence. That clears up a lot. People crushed or eaten by it aren't forgotten.

After the White whales mental attacks Subaru buys Felix enough time to heal everyone by distracting the whale with the witch's scent. I wonder what the witch said to him after he tried revealing his return to life.

Flashbacks could have been better. Didn't really like the ending of Wilheim's flashbacks. Thearesia protected him and he acted aggressively competitive against her for doing so. Doesn't seem like there'll be more added to it unless there's another :re where he survives.

Wilheim died staring at a flower and Ricardo died and now there's three whales.. That explains how Thearesia died. I don't think they'll be able to pull it off without those two.
NecromiaAug 14, 2016 4:06 PM
Aug 14, 2016 4:06 PM
Jul 2016
Mich666 said:
Smudy said:

No, I'm just saying that they should put those explanations or hints when they are relevant not few episodes later when noone cares.

The book and animated medium are ultimately different and sometimes what works in one doesn't work in other.
It's not like you can stop and browse few pages back or remember all minor hints instantly when watching the series on weekly basis.

Facepalms.
Then you don't watch the series on a weekly basis, you wait for it to be over and binge watch it or something like Digibro.
Generally, writers expect their viewers to be PAYING ATTENTION instead of looking down on their cellphone when an important dialogue is being said, then look up and wonder what the hell happened.
In fact, plenty of people are able to catch on those, "vague hints" every episode.
Aug 14, 2016 4:07 PM

Feb 2016
well fuck. shit just go real, 3 fucking whales... i didnt see that coming...
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Aug 14, 2016 4:07 PM

Nov 2013
can anyone recommend me an anime with a girl like theresia? i mean...like super cute and calm and liking flowers.... and then out of nowhere being the master swordsman
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Aug 14, 2016 4:09 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Mich666 said:
Smudy said:

So i am basically unable to remember hints when i watch on weekly basis? You make this look like a fact and it's simply a false statement.

I actually do care about the story, what about that? I actually do care about what's being left for theory crafting. It's not the fault of the anime, that's you being subjective.
SmudyAug 14, 2016 4:16 PM
Aug 14, 2016 4:14 PM
May 2016
damn! Theresia so gorgeously cute. Wilhelm raging but still looks calm, damn badass. The white whale used clone justsu xD
Aug 14, 2016 4:14 PM

Dec 2013
That whale can really take a beating. Wilhelm even gouged out an eye!

That ending! They seem pretty fucked right now...

Theresia is pretty cute
Aug 14, 2016 4:19 PM

Oct 2013
White whale using hax report
"If you trip while running down a hallway, you will got nosebleed. If you trip in life, you cry" Minori Kushieda

"This world is merciless, and it's also beautiful" Mikasa Ackerman

"A lesson without pain is meaningless" Edward Elric
Aug 14, 2016 4:19 PM

Jan 2011
Rehls said:
QWERTYFish25 said:
Well at least something happened. The action was ok, but nothing groundbreaking.

Nah, they should be 'Very Good' at least. This show's realistic so we've to take the characters' limited combat capabilities into consideration. But you can't ignore the animation quality; it kept smooth. My complaint is that I think the whale appeared too static in some parts.

It's not so much that being realistic limits how visually enjoyable something is. I've watched CGI models from shows dated twenty years that are more engaging than this. Yea, there's the art, the direction, what the characters are capable of as well as the music and choreography. It felt a tad flimsy at times and the music was negligible. As someone mentioned the flashbacks didn't do it any justice and made it hard to focus much like how exposition can cause the audience to zone out, though there are exceptions such as how things are set up previously,vocabulary and how they are conveyed. Granted it's not easy and when I was doing a redo of the draft for my story (which I still am) I found myself stuck on a single sentence for for an hour at times. But it just felt like someone playing a racing game and constantly bumping into barriers or sliding on the grass.

Buck_Wade said:
The reason why Re: Zero haters (not all) are some of the dumbest anime viewers I've come across. Like, pay attention to what's happening on the damn screen instead of looking down and checking your cellphone every 5 minutes.

You're doing it again. You're assuming people who dislike the show, or even parts of it are lacking intelligence and "not paying attention."
Aug 14, 2016 4:24 PM

Oct 2012
Smudy said:
So i am basically unable to remember hints when i watch on weekly basis? You make this look like a fact and it's simply a false statement.

Ok, then explain why Rem didn't commented on his Return by Death phrase in this episode and why it works differently than with Emilia before (which was whole point of original post)... You can guess it's because Satella can only influence him and Emilia, you can guess that it's because his intention was different but those are not facts, those are just mere guesses that holds no weight without proper explanations.

And you CAN'T explain them because we don't have all needed informations just yet. Some people knows source material and are spoiling other users here, some people just makes wild guesses but that fact is this wasn't dealt with in this series just yet so until I'm proven otherwise I can view it as plot hole.
Aug 14, 2016 4:29 PM

Aug 2012
Holy Moonlight Sword anyone?

Aug 14, 2016 4:31 PM
Jul 2018
Mich666 said:
and why it works differently than with Emilia before (which was whole point of original post)... You can guess it's because Satella can only influence him and Emilia, you can guess that it's because his intention was different but those are not facts, those are just mere guesses that holds no weight without proper explanations.

It's pretty obvious that she punishes him for wanting to tell. It was pretty obvious that the same kind of punishment wouldn't work on him as he didn't care about dying at that point. It's becomes pretty obvious then why Satella changed her approach. These aren't guesses.

And you CAN'T explain them because we don't have all needed informations just yet. Some people knows source material and are spoiling other users here, some people just makes wild guesses but that fact is this wasn't dealt with in this series just yet so until I'm proven otherwise I can view it as plot hole.

Anyone can understand these. They're too simple.

Ok, then explain why Rem didn't commented on his Return by Death phrase in this episode

He only completed the phrase for the viwers. Wasn't he only allowed to say up to 'I can return by...' in the madogs' issue? It's possible that Satella would acknowledge his intention even before that. But the producers think the show has to make it clear for the viewers I think.
removed-userAug 14, 2016 4:40 PM
Aug 14, 2016 4:34 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Mich666 said:
Smudy said:

Ok, then explain why Rem didn't commented on his Return by Death phrase in this episode and why it works differently than with Emilia before (which was whole point of original post)... You can guess it's because Satella can only influence him and Emilia, you can guess that it's because his intention was different but those are not facts, those are just mere guesses that holds no weight without proper explanations.

Was established in episode 18 that Rem doesn't know what bothers him or why does things he does, yet choosing to trust him no matter what based on his actions in arc 2 that earned her trust.

Obviously you're second point is not a fact and i didn't even mention this. I'm only waiting for an explanation there and can only pull theories on that (pretty big one at that which i am sure is true). My point though was that people don't remember hints when watching on a weekly basis and you didn't answer that.

If you want to call things a plot hole when they're not explained yet, go ahead. That's not how i do things.

I'll go to sleep now, be back tomorrow and continuing with the convo since i do think that you're someone to actually go back and forth with unlike some trolls here.
Aug 14, 2016 4:38 PM

May 2015
When Wilhem was about to be eatean alive, we should at least hear his scream!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FHw2aItRlw

Get it guys?...guys?
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 14, 2016 4:38 PM

Oct 2012
Rehls said:
It's pretty obvious that she punishes him for wanting to tell. It was pretty obvious that the same kind of punishment wouldn't work on him as he didn't care about dying at that point. It's becomes pretty obvious then why Satella changed her approach. These aren't guesses.

Yet he still used it knowing someone close to him (Rem this time) may die as effect of it. He didn't learn his lesson, in fact his choice was pretty stupid in that moment.

There is no way he can be sure the curse is only limited to Emilia and rely on slim chance Satella won't kill anyone.
Aug 14, 2016 4:42 PM
Jul 2016
QWERTYFish25 said:
Rehls said:

It's not so much that being realistic limits how visually enjoyable something is. I've watched CGI models from shows dated twenty years that are more engaging than this. Yea, there's the art, the direction, what the characters are capable of as well as the music and choreography. It felt a tad flimsy at times and the music was negligible. As someone mentioned the flashbacks didn't do it any justice and made it hard to focus much like how exposition can cause the audience to zone out, though there are exceptions such as how things are set up previously,vocabulary and how they are conveyed. Granted it's not easy and when I was doing a redo of the draft for my story (which I still am) I found myself stuck on a single sentence for for an hour at times. But it just felt like someone playing a racing game and constantly bumping into barriers or sliding on the grass.

Buck_Wade said:

You're doing it again. You're assuming people who dislike the show, or even parts of it are lacking intelligence and "not paying attention."

I'm sorry if that's how my comment conveyed. That's not what I'm trying to say, many people who've commented I can completely see where they're coming from and are arguments that you can't just brush off. But a lot of criticism I found are questions where the answers are very obviously there, ones like, "why didn't Subaru die when he mentioned return by death". And again, I was just trying to speak what was going on in my mind, instead of actually wanting to insult someone.
Aug 14, 2016 4:43 PM
Jul 2016
Mich666 said:
Rehls said:

Yet he still used it knowing someone close to him (Rem this time) may die as effect of it. He didn't learn his lesson, in fact his choice was pretty stupid in that moment.

There is no way he can be sure the curse is only limited to Emilia and rely on slim chance Satella won't kill anyone.

He did the same thing all the way back in arc 2.
Aug 14, 2016 4:44 PM

Aug 2015
Mich666 said:
Rehls said:

Saying this to Emillia and to Rem is fondamentally different. Although this isn't really the problem here....
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Aug 14, 2016 4:44 PM
Jul 2016
blooddrunk said:
Holy Moonlight Sword anyone?

Yep, Re: Zero is Dark Souls the anime
Aug 14, 2016 4:50 PM
Jul 2018
Mich666 said:
Rehls said:

The situation in this episode isn't the same as it was in that one. Subaru understood what Satella did to him. We would in his place. He then knew that she'd not do the same now.

I'm not a source reader btw.

By the way: we weren't made sure of this, but it's likely that Subaru heard what Satella whispered in his ear... We've been shown her caressing his heart before; that's a gesture of love, right? She didn't kill him when he even expected it.
removed-userAug 14, 2016 5:03 PM
Aug 14, 2016 4:52 PM

Jan 2011
Buck_Wade said:
I'm sorry if that's how my comment conveyed. That's not what I'm trying to say, many people who've commented I can completely see where they're coming from and are arguments that you can't just brush off. But a lot of criticism I found are questions where the answers are very obviously there, ones like, "why didn't Subaru die when he mentioned return by death". And again, I was just trying to speak what was going on in my mind, instead of actually wanting to insult someone.

I forgot which week that was but I saw it as unreasonable, for the sake of story telling if not anything else. Limitations be they personal or mechanical can help build a story. Such as Lelouch's power only working one per person. Making them immune afterwards and a threat he has to figure out how to deal with in another way.
Aug 14, 2016 4:53 PM
May 2015
Flawfinder said:
NoValueNobs said:

He wants Subari to become the next Emiya for him, dont heed him attention. People like him are amused by the standard flawless characters that we see in most mainstream anime.

Then why exactly is Subaru the main character? Yes, a real person would be as pathetic as he is, but then why is the show trying to push him as the main lead rather than a side character? Re:Zero isn't a character study anime, so sitting through his uselessness has been pointless and annoying.

I think you should have stopped watching this anime at episode 4 as clearly you aren't seeing it's values.
Aug 14, 2016 4:56 PM
Jul 2016
QWERTYFish25 said:
Buck_Wade said:

I forgot which week that was but I saw it as unreasonable, for the sake of story telling if not anything else. Limitations be they personal or mechanical can help build a story. Such as Lelouch's power only working one per person. Making them immune afterwards and a threat he has to figure out how to deal with in another way.

Ugh, yeah, even in real life, I have this issue where I start going a bit crazy when I can't understand the logic behind a person's actions. Alright, to say what I said before in a more polite way, I'm extremely confused by the general criticism of Re: Zero because I think many of those criticisms are obviously not in the anime.
Aug 14, 2016 5:00 PM

Aug 2008
LOL Did anyone else think the fight choreography was exactly like the Cloud vs Bahamut fight scene in Advent Children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNZfdUavdh4
Aug 14, 2016 5:05 PM

May 2015
Mich666 said:
Smudy said:

You viewing something that has an explaination (just hasn't been stated yet) as a plot hole, makes no sense.

Mar 2010
SuperKirei said:

So why is the story not about them? Why are we following someone who plays no important part in this matter?

Flawfinder said:

Then why exactly is Subaru the main character? Yes, a real person would be as pathetic as he is, but then why is the show trying to push him as the main lead rather than a side character? Re:Zero isn't a character study anime, so sitting through his uselessness has been pointless and annoying.

I know I shouldn't feed...

Because being MC of story isn't tied fighting prowess nor is it the only way he can effect the story. The entire reason this battle is happening and the fact army can stand chance against the whale is a all due Subaru. He was the one who gathered this people together and the one who keep the Whale distracted so others have ability damage can. So saying he has been doing anything is not only wrong but also absolutely dumb and makes think some have child impression of what being useful is and have no concept of roles or teamwork.

Subaru is planner, mover and thinker in this situations. This how he has come this far only now at greater degree. He person used his resources and witts to solve issues not act like one man army. He as to deal with problems to best of his ability and that is what been one of main of show from outset. Only a troll could have missed such a basic within 20 odd episodes of this series.
Iron_MawAug 14, 2016 5:11 PM
Oct 2007
FREAKING EPIC. Almost perfect execution. Nice flashbacks!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

764 by Thnxdud »»
Jul 1, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2016

866 by mozgow »»
Jun 28, 3:30 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

360 by MrList »»
Jun 26, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2016

819 by tr25a3 »»
Jun 23, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2016

699 by MrList »»
Jun 23, 11:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.