Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 24, 2016 1:43 AM
Apr 2015
Slice of life feel so far. I don't mind. And lol for the masochist final member.
Apr 24, 2016 1:55 AM

Mar 2014
I'm sorry, did that emo guy just come into his pants because he got to "share" the white haired dude's pain?

I already hate him and his stupid fuck face
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 24, 2016 2:05 AM

Oct 2011
Kek new guy is a masochist
Apr 24, 2016 2:32 AM

Jun 2013
so there's anothe one and did he just fucking orgasm at the end? wtf lol
Apr 24, 2016 3:39 AM
Jul 2018
I'm really interested in what the organization is.
And which waifu.
Apr 24, 2016 4:03 AM

Dec 2012
Hmmm, this anime has a fresh kind of feel to it, probably because of the artwork and op.
But hey, it's not going to hurt to watch this, so far I like it because the characters are really diverse.
And this ep, omg. Didn't expect the final character to be like that at all hahaha.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2016 4:05 AM

Dec 2014
am i the only one who really dislikes chidori at this point??
..well, she is called the "annoying self-righteous" but ahhhh

"Just be friends~
All we gotta do,
Just be friends"

* majestic altair loyalty /// || card deliveries /// *
~ 2017 AC || 2017 MC ~
Apr 24, 2016 4:15 AM

Jan 2009
Oh wow, this was probably my favorite episode by far. Somehow the comedy hit me a lot more this time around.

I just continue to be amazed of the animation =w= such eyecandy. Speaking of candy - Nico is such a lovely character. All of them seem to be so great characters that this is turning out to be yet another love affair with Trigger.
Apr 24, 2016 4:25 AM
Nov 2015
I just rewatched the episode and I don't know if this has been pointed out, but I like their different theories to what Nico said about Hisomu ("He repeatedly goes in for short-term hospital stays all the time! [...] Apparently he gets bruises and broken bones all the time.") It gives us a little bit of insight on their character/personalities, not to mention it matches up with their "sin".

Chidori: Does that mean someone's bullying him? So he hasn't been able to come to school because of that? (Chidori's theory being this makes sense as Katsuhira has always been bullied since he was a child. Also, it fits the "Annoyingly Self-Righteous" sin she has.)

Yuta: If they're short-term stays, he could be staging crashes. [...] It means purposely getting into car accidents in order to get paid damages. (Yuta's theory fits his "Cunning Normal" sin, and it matches with his quite two-faced personality.)

Honoka: That's a bit of a stretch. Maybe he just failed at suicide. Maybe he wanted to disappear, because something happened that made him want to disappear. (Honoka is arguably the main enigma of this series, because there's a huge chance that she's tied to someone's death. From what we've seen in the last episode, Honoka is rather traumatized by this event. Her theory could be something she felt in the past, or maybe until now.)

Maybe I'm just reading too much into things but it's interesting to think about.
Apr 24, 2016 4:29 AM

Nov 2013
this show is lobotomizing me. three episodes in and the comedy is definitely not enough to keep me here to find out where this is heading (which feels like it's already going to be rushed judging by the pacing anyway)

dropped.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Apr 24, 2016 4:40 AM

Oct 2013
Yeaaah, a masochist!! we never see that coming :D
But why they just don't wait at his house to investigate on his life or whatever ?...

What's wrong with those dumb people who hurt themself EVERYTIME! seriously, I never hurt myself... except the toe which hit into the wall sometimes, but eh, that's nothing xD
Apr 24, 2016 4:56 AM

Jun 2009
Purple did not disappoint I knew I was gonna like him ever since I first saw his design. The other characters are growing on me too they're definitely fun, especially Yuta-kun desu and Tenga/Nico.

Apr 24, 2016 5:17 AM

Dec 2013
Holy shit that Immoral M! He actually got off on getting hit by truck-kun.....

The other six are going to have a helluva hard time making sure that he doesn't kill one of them "by accident" just to get high again...

And agreed, I would like to see more of Honoka right now. Everyone else is just too transparent.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 24, 2016 5:32 AM

May 2010
Nico got a pretty good idea there. Was impressed, she might really be the smartest.

Lol where and what about the 7th is cool? I don't get.

Those baachan thinking Chidori's into domestic violence.

So a masochist... meh. Couldn't feel this episode, but wasn't bad.
Apr 24, 2016 5:40 AM

May 2011
yuliyana29 said:
Some moments were so funny, I laughed; but man let's be real - this is so dumb.

I think that's part of why i like it. It's so dumb and over-the-top, that it becomes hilarious. That is until either the gags get stale, or they switch to "touchy feels" mode.

hopefully by then, we'll be invested in the characters enough to care. That is if it's done well enough and there isn't some terrible execution involved.

BTW, It's obvious that Honoka's "just kidding" after the big "I've killed someone" reveal was a way to diffuse the fact that she actually was responsible, or feels responsible, for the death of that blue haired girl they showed in the "morgue" scene. It sort of lets her off the hook.
CirrisApr 24, 2016 5:45 AM
Apr 24, 2016 5:49 AM

Jan 2015
Comic_Sans said:
I'm sorry, did that emo guy just come into his pants because he got to "share" the white haired dude's pain?

I already hate him and his stupid fuck face

^^^ mte I also found him extremely annoying
Apr 24, 2016 7:05 AM

Apr 2015
The comedy is quite good, but I don't know if that is benefiting the story. The character cast is complete now and looks actually quite various and interesting. I don't know in which direction they will take the story, but this could get quite interesting.
Repeat_it_in_redJul 7, 2017 7:10 AM
Apr 24, 2016 7:09 AM

Sep 2014
Okayish episode, but meh. Still doesn't feel like a Trigger Anime apart from the artwork.
Apr 24, 2016 8:41 AM

Apr 2014
I liked this ep for the balcony jump fail (really thought he had it for a second)along with the bridge jump, and the neighborhood watch ladies:DThe new guy defiantly climaxed at the end right?
---------My Profile------------
Apr 24, 2016 8:43 AM

Jul 2015
danieltortoisee said:
All right, whose stupid idea was it to put a masochist in a group of people who share each other's pain?

I WAS WAITING FOR THAT. Survive the summer was simply too easy. Even with Tenga's stupid ideas, it would have been way too easy. A masochist is just the thing for this type of situation to be more fun >:3
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 24, 2016 9:02 AM

Jul 2009
This is very good and very enjoyable ! Each episode is better than the previous one
The soundtrack is pretty amazing too :D (the opening too)
And the characters are very likable. This might be one of the best shows of this season.
I'm actually quite satisfied by most of this spring's shows by the way
Apr 24, 2016 9:29 AM

Feb 2012
So that was what the seiyuu meant in episode 00 when he says that the character likes things he shouldn't like. I was wondering what kind of character would he be. I was thinking that perhaps it was someone who likes inflicting pain to others (like Makishima or something) but I did not... expect that... lmfao.

His earlier moans of "pain" finally made sense. I like him so far. Really enjoyed this episode! I didn't really have any expectations for this one, went in blind, and that just makes it all more fun. The supermarket scenes, Yuta-kun desu getting hit a lot, "Your body belongs to us!"

Also, Kacchon jumping off the bridge looked beautiful.

Very curious if this show would suddenly take a turn for the worse or would continue with this happy pacing...

set made by tsudecimo ★ i m a d g m t r a s h ★ pnch blc mal rewrite

Apr 24, 2016 10:36 AM

Jun 2014
I love masochists <3
Apr 24, 2016 10:52 AM

Dec 2015
The reveal that the 7th Kizanaiver is a masochist was hilarious, that really isn't going to help there situation. They already have to share each other's pain XD.
The interactions and the chemistry between the characters are great, and really enjoyed the comedy this episode.

Apr 24, 2016 11:17 AM

Feb 2014
I swear, Honoka has either trolled the viewers with what she said in last week's cliffhanger, or she actually did mean what she said. She might say it's a joke, but I think there's more to it than that.

The new guy is one hell of a masochist. If he can feel a lot of pleasure after feeling the pain of a truck, what would a bullet train do? I would love to see his expression for that! =D

Although the group hasn't been around for long, they're getting along with each other pretty well now. Tenga's stupid, but he's the most enjoyable character of the show so far. =)

Overall, this episode was fun and enjoyable.
Apr 24, 2016 11:18 AM
Apr 2016
I've heard so many fans make the "Tenga is gay Kamina" joke, and I'm so glad Trigger seems to be making it too tbh >u< his "misleading" line about Hisomu belonging to all the Kiznaiver made me crack up.

Speaking of, Hisomu being a perv was so predictable but somehow I loved it anyway. I can't wait to see more of this guy's interactions with everyone else, he's gonna be a train wreck in the best kinda way lol.
Apr 24, 2016 11:30 AM
Nov 2015
I'm definitely sure that yknow, Honoka was telling the truth considering the morgue scene and the person with the purple hair she's leaning up against in the ED.

But I liked this episode! Of course I wanted to find out more about Honoka, but a story for another time I suppose. Nice to see Katsuhira... I don't know. Develop somewhat. Of course. They needed to put a masochist in though. I'm going to cry
Apr 24, 2016 11:59 AM

Dec 2012
That masochist ><.
I wonder how will be the next episodes, I hope the story will progress
Apr 24, 2016 12:27 PM
Dec 2013
Good episode, I love the characters and their variety of personalities, the interaction between them just makes it better.A masochist character, is that right? Let's see how he will react to the shared pain in the rest of the series.

Btw Trigger knows how to draw georgeous eyes!
Apr 24, 2016 1:00 PM

Sep 2015
This episode was kinda meh imo 3/5
I expect more from this anime
Apr 24, 2016 1:46 PM
Apr 2014
Ah finally. I was wondering why nobody was confused when the girl started talking about the seven sins as an analogy while only six people were present. I expected herself to be the seventh though and not some other guy.

omg that end. Yuta's reaction was spot on! Would have reacted the same way.
Apr 24, 2016 2:57 PM

Jul 2015
Great episode, love that show so far !
Apr 24, 2016 4:10 PM

Dec 2009
They are the seven sins huh.

I dunno, I kinda like it so far. I know its not typical trigger, but I've been invested in Kacchons story.
Apr 24, 2016 7:00 PM

Oct 2015
Good episode, this anime gives a new meaning to the saying "I feel your pain".
Apr 24, 2016 7:25 PM

Mar 2009
You know this show is written by Mari Okada when a masochist shows up.

Where's that Mari Okada bingo card, again?
Apr 24, 2016 7:53 PM

Oct 2014
The_Deceiver said:
Don't wanna sound like a politically correct faggot but the fact that no one is bothered by this bullshit really bothers me, I just want to strangle the blue haired bitch to death...

Hello, I wanna kill her too. Good thing she only appeared for less than 5 mins in this episode.

gloryruin said:

Maybe I'm just reading too much into things but it's interesting to think about.

I think you might be right. Even though some people find the characters flat (and I'm not judging if it's true or false) at least the way they interact reflect their trait. That's why purple guy wants to hurt MC: the former gets pleasure, and the latter doesn't feel pain, so who cares. He'll bully MC, that's for sure.

I hope the show adresses at some point that even if you don't feel pain, you still get injured.
ThieveryApr 24, 2016 8:01 PM
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

But does the heart have the right perspective?
Apr 24, 2016 9:23 PM

Jan 2015
Hisomu is a masochist. Sonozaki is a sadist. This is a match made in bed.
Apr 25, 2016 12:18 AM

Oct 2011
Whoa the seventh member of the Nanatsu is a masochist OMG
Apr 25, 2016 12:31 AM

Mar 2010
The faux-jizzing was painfully unfunny.

gloryruin said:
While Honoka's comment likely hints at some kind of trauma of her own, which seems to be the case despite her saying she wasn't serious, the others don't reveal anything that wasn't known in the second episode. There's no insight to be gained.
Apr 25, 2016 2:36 AM
Mar 2016
ryukan said:
no one talks about the cliffhanger
ep2 ending "i've killed someone before"
ep3 opening "just kidding. why would you take that seriously?"
THEY MADE US WAIT 1 WEEK FOR THAT

Where are those who said that the ending of ep2 is so cheap because it's predictable?
lustinNthrustin said:
This anime doesn't seem to going anywhere atm.
Also, the girl that confessed to killing someone... Everyone just seems fine with that, lol.
samui26 said:
I am honestly liking this episode as compared with this very tepid week in Spring 2016. The humor is spot on, the eccentricities are there and finally, we are given the main plot as our assurance that it will not be an episodic series. Not that episodic series are bad (Mushishi and Bebop are my to go episodic shows after all) but this is one of these shows which needs a bigger plot to hold itself. Thankfully, the characters are beginning to show some personality now and I can distinguish them from one another.

@lustinNthrustin Are you really paying attention on watching this episode especially on the first seconds, or are you just trolling?
And you are also contradicting @samui26's opinion which sounds more reasonable.
If the former is true, then your comment/opinions are invalid, and watch the episode again and pay attention unless you only want action (I think its action is even weaker than its weak comedy). If you wanted to be spoiled, read @ryukan 's comment quoted above.
If the latter is true, then your comment/opinions are invalid, and then stay away from this thread, you are not helping.
I just don't like people saying "nothing happened in the show". Obviously on almost all shows, something happens, even on poor shows. The problem on poor shows is that, what really happens does not impact the story buildup that it's negligible. This episode introduces a new character and shows us the main plot (at least according to @samui26), so this episode is definitely not a poor episode.
participant_no_5 said:
also...
DiabloMask said:

She's probably not kidding though, just made it look like a joke when she realized she didn't really have to tell them that.

We don't know for sure if Honoka killed her "friend". So it's just a speculation, not a fact. I can also speculate that her "friend" committed suicide. Here's my case. Watch 13:40 - 14:10 mark. The kiznaivers speculate why the seventh kiznaiver didn't go to school. Chidori (red haired girl) said the seventh is bullied and Honoka (eyeglass girl) said he attempted suicide. I think they said it because of their way of thinking which are/may be influenced by their experiences. Since Chidori got her way of thinking through her observation on MC, it is also reasonable to think that Honoka got her way of thinking through her observation on her closest ones, maybe her "friend" shown on ep2.
It seems that @gloryruin noticed an idea similar (and better) to my idea.
gloryruin said:
I just rewatched the episode and I don't know if this has been pointed out, but I like their different theories to what Nico said about Hisomu ("He repeatedly goes in for short-term hospital stays all the time! [...] Apparently he gets bruises and broken bones all the time.") It gives us a little bit of insight on their character/personalities, not to mention it matches up with their "sin".
Chidori: Does that mean someone's bullying him? So he hasn't been able to come to school because of that? (Chidori's theory being this makes sense as Katsuhira has always been bullied since he was a child. Also, it fits the "Annoyingly Self-Righteous" sin she has.)
Yuta: If they're short-term stays, he could be staging crashes. [...] It means purposely getting into car accidents in order to get paid damages. (Yuta's theory fits his "Cunning Normal" sin, and it matches with his quite two-faced personality.)
Honoka: That's a bit of a stretch. Maybe he just failed at suicide. Maybe he wanted to disappear, because something happened that made him want to disappear. (Honoka is arguably the main enigma of this series, because there's a huge chance that she's tied to someone's death. From what we've seen in the last episode, Honoka is rather traumatized by this event. Her theory could be something she felt in the past, or maybe until now.)

If Honoka's "friend" committed suicide, then I can say that Honoka said she killed her "friend" either because she thinks she is the reason why her friend took suicide or because she is unable to stop her friend from committing suicide, making herself guilty. So it's "true" that Honoka killed her friend, at least on her own logic.
crx07Apr 25, 2016 3:00 AM
Apr 25, 2016 2:57 AM

Mar 2016
lustinNthrustin said:
This anime doesn't seem to going anywhere atm.

Maybe it's gonna be slice of life-ish? In episode 0 (it's on Crunchyroll fyi) they did say it's gonna be nothing like Kill la Kill.

If you want something more KLK-ish you can watch Luluco
No seriously.
Apr 25, 2016 5:21 AM

Sep 2014
This show is so weird. Good thing Nico is it's saving grace.
Also lol at the masochist. ..
Apr 25, 2016 6:21 AM

Jul 2013
Ultimate215 said:
A really like the MC and his emotionlessness, it's both funny and cool.

And the 7th kiznaiver is uuhh, certainly "unique" lol. But seriously, I really don't like his character.

I share your opinion. For now, this kiznaiver doesn't strike me as someone I'll like, but the point of Kizuna sistem is to make a connection between them so everybody's character is probably going to evolve.
This show needs season two as soon as possible.
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Apr 25, 2016 6:42 AM

Nov 2011
The end has left me a bit just until a moment before, the story had a very different tone, however, is my consent the episode as a whole. Storytelling that entertains and amuses in certain situations, the quality of drawings and animations do not leave to be desired, very good quality of the sets. All together, passionately! XD

Now that the introductory phase has ended, I do not wait to see how the story will move.
Apr 25, 2016 8:07 AM

Mar 2016
Yoshiharu seems to be funny character.
I really like that username what Katsuhira got -- "Imbecile" :))))
Apr 25, 2016 10:27 AM

Apr 2015
Still weird AF but enjoyable I guess.
Apr 25, 2016 2:18 PM

Jun 2015
Loled at the paingasm.
Pretty good stuff, the episode felt less tense, but we got some interesting hints too.
Apr 25, 2016 4:21 PM

Jan 2016
I'm so in love with the art here damn. The rest is nice but tbh this show could be utter sh*t, I wouldn't care because I just love the art so much.
Apr 25, 2016 4:23 PM
Jul 2018
Love how the relationship between the whiter guy (still haven't learned all the names) and chidori is going. Hope they'll get more space.
Like it so far
Apr 25, 2016 5:03 PM
Jul 2018
Wish I could've seen some more Sonozaki this episode but Tenga beating people up was great too.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2016

158 by marzim »»
Yesterday, 7:12 PM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2016

366 by Karva1 »»
May 25, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2016

206 by Karva1 »»
May 25, 5:55 PM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2016

384 by Karva1 »»
May 25, 2:33 PM

Poll: » Kiznaiver Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2016

310 by Accelise_ »»
Apr 8, 1:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.