Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 9, 2016 3:38 PM

Dec 2014
Wow, I wasn't expecting that. The 'instructor' had a creepy expression.
I don't mind if it stays cute and SoL but I wouldn't be mad about some dark shit either. :D

Giggled at the scene where she took the cat's food away and he clinged on to it.
Apr 9, 2016 3:42 PM

Dec 2011
TheLittleRedHero said:
RasberryKisses said:
Is this another madoka wannabe bait and switch trash ? Sure looks like it. Dropped so hard.

Just because it went to a different direction doesn't mean it's trash.
It's not even a Madoka in a sense. XD

Yes i does mean it's a trash, in my book. You know i was stating my subjective opinion, right ? Or should i write "IMO" after every statement i make??

There is one thing i hate above everything else (in anime industry) and that is bait and switch anime. So shows like this immediately dropped and labeled as trash.
Apr 9, 2016 3:46 PM
Jul 2018
RasberryKisses said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

Yes i does mean it's a trash, in my book. You know i was stating my subjective opinion, right ? Or should i write "IMO" after every statement i make??

There is one thing i hate above everything else (in anime industry) and that is bait and switch anime. So shows like this immediately dropped and labeled as trash.

You should have made it clear at least, so sorry about that, also I don't think bait and switch makes it a bad thing. In fact, bait and switch at times can be a good thing. It gives a more deceiving feel. Like for example Madoka, it was advertised as the usual Mahou Shoujo anime, but it turned out to be something else than that. Selector Infected Wixoss advertised itself as the usual card games we seen, but it then turned into something different than the usual card game anime series. Gakkou Gurashi did the same thing too, advertised itself as a cutesy moe series but it turned out to be something else too. Shows like these tends to be overlooked at the times.

Just for me, bait and switch aren't a bad thing in general.
Apr 9, 2016 3:50 PM

Dec 2011
TheLittleRedHero said:
RasberryKisses said:

You should have made it clear at least, so sorry about that, also I don't think bait and switch makes it a bad thing. In fact, bait and switch at times can be a good thing. It gives a more deceiving feel. Like for example Madoka, it was advertised as the usual Mahou Shoujo anime, but it turned out to be something else than that. Selector Infected Wixoss advertised itself as the usual card games we seen, but it then turned into something different than the usual card game anime series.

Yes yes very interesting why are you telling me this ? I absolutely hate madoka
Apr 9, 2016 3:52 PM
Jul 2018
RasberryKisses said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

You should have made it clear at least, so sorry about that, also I don't think bait and switch makes it a bad thing. In fact, bait and switch at times can be a good thing. It gives a more deceiving feel. Like for example Madoka, it was advertised as the usual Mahou Shoujo anime, but it turned out to be something else than that. Selector Infected Wixoss advertised itself as the usual card games we seen, but it then turned into something different than the usual card game anime series.

I didn't knew you even hated Madoka LMAO.
Apr 9, 2016 3:54 PM

Dec 2011
TheLittleRedHero said:
RasberryKisses said:

I didn't knew you even hated Madoka LMAO.

Yeah there might be a clue in my earlier (#55) statement.

i'm not so sure tho /s
Apr 9, 2016 3:55 PM

May 2010
Wow this has ships. Didn't expect.

"Cute" Ship, huh... O-Okay.

Ye let's fire at our comrade ship 'cause they were oh so very late.
Nevermind, the teacher seems like one of the bad guys. Interesting.

I'm liking it, seems like a better Kancolle. Got serious a tad fast, but ye nothing bad.
TragicRomanceApr 9, 2016 4:00 PM
Apr 9, 2016 4:02 PM
May 2010
If nothing else, I have no clue as to where this show is going! I wonder how.. what.. WHY!? Weren't the other ships watching as the teacher went off on a shooting spree? If nothing else, it's worth looking at the next episode to try to figure out what the blazes is going to happen!
Apr 9, 2016 4:09 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I came here for a SoL anime with cute girls doing cute things while on board ships but I totally did not expect ship battles. This reminded me of GuP and KanColle but better art than KanColle.

Well, with that twist in the second half, I'm liking this so far! :D Definitely can't ignore an anime with a big cast of cuties such as this. :'D
Apr 9, 2016 4:15 PM

Oct 2014
so... why is this thread filled with tragic moe hatred and elitist?
I mean: they actually watch despite the promo stuffs pretty much said that this will be either the moe moe s*** they hate or tragedy moe moe s*** that they hate even more? And they actually comment just for the sake of destroying the anime's chance of getting the floating masses' interest?
Talk about a waste of dedication. Well... but at least there will be someone arguing, means extra entertainment on this thread. :D

Btw,
- Story has potential, but I'm pessimistic. Well, at least I'm still hoping for deaths.
- Visual & animation are decent.
- VA works are standard moe girls.
- BGM & SFX are great.

The Musashi is missing, btw.
Apr 9, 2016 4:16 PM

Jul 2015
After cute girls riding tanks and cute girls riding motorcycles here is cute girls and fucking warships.............Ok
Apr 9, 2016 4:30 PM
May 2008
There a so many things wrong with the plot and events that happend in the second half of the episode that I don't even know where to start...

The first time the training instructor Furushous heard about the Harekaze beeing late was 6:00 in the morning.
When the Harekaze made contact with the instructors ships, it was shown by the daylight to be some time later but still 72.4 miles or 4 hours at normal cruising (18 knots) away from the meeting point where the instructor was supposed to be.
How did the instructor ever possibly have catched up to the Harekaze (even if they were moving at full speed, which they weren't as said by the torpedo officer (18 knots speed of the "enemy" ship)?
A few moments later we also see a scene were the whole fleet and the island (meeting point) was clearly visible from the bridge of the Harekaze, so that beeing 72.4 away is completely ridiculous.
How could the whole fleet believe the Harekaze to be the one commiting mutiny when they could obviously witness the scene with their own eyes?
Why did the radar operator and lookout not to notice a ship 6km away? How could Captain Misaki see Captain Furushous face clearly on the bridge with a handheld binoculor when the ship was 6km away?
Why was there nobody on the bridge or the deck of instructor Furushous ship? Are they trying to say she operated the whole ship by herself (which at least would explain the poor aim of the radar guided computer controlled 120mm autocanon that was missing the over 100m wide broadside of the harekaze at 6km distance)

Also, in the case that a ship was suspected of mutiny, the commanding headquarters would at least ask for an explaination directly from the ship itself and command them to cease fire and surrender and not be like "Hey you mutinied, so prepare to die!"

I know trying to apply logic to the first episode of an anime that starts with a pretty unrealistiy setting to begin with (or anime in general) is a bad idea, but please, come on! At least try to make it more coherent!
Apr 9, 2016 4:57 PM

Mar 2016
the second half was really interesting
Apr 9, 2016 5:04 PM
Oct 2010
Felby said:

LOL, the show upset you enough to make your first post in 8 years! O_O

Not that you're wrong of course, I was also scratching my head at how things developed.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Apr 9, 2016 5:11 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Wow this is so Kancolle...no...more like Girls Und Ships

A school which gives its students some ships, that school must have some unlimited fund.

Never expected this to be so thrilling, I thought the teacher was just trying to test Harekaze's crews.

Thrilling CGDCT with nice visual art. My potential AOTS.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 9, 2016 5:27 PM

Oct 2010
Anyway, this show has promise but I didn't like that it seemed like they were seriously being betrayed by the instructor for no reason. Hopefully they do give a reasonable excuse.
TyrelApr 10, 2016 12:40 AM
Apr 9, 2016 5:56 PM

Oct 2014
Felby said:

Apr 9, 2016 6:01 PM

Dec 2014
2 times the length, 3 times the misery, none of the charm of PuG, bad BGM, stock characters with annoyingly bland personalities even for anime this caliber, zero world building, therefore none of the actions the characters took is conceivable, even the first episode of kancolle is more promising and did what it needed to do as an anime that aimed towards a specific demographic, turns out once again it's proven you don't have to try anymore, just like kancolle, someone will just eat it up like pigs eating vomit.
raveninthemuddleApr 9, 2016 6:11 PM
Apr 9, 2016 6:16 PM
Sep 2015
i also expected a relaxing slice-of-life anime. But still, it's a good episode. Will continue to watch this~
Apr 9, 2016 6:18 PM
Sep 2015
TheLittleRedHero said:
RasberryKisses said:
Is this another madoka wannabe bait and switch trash ? Sure looks like it. Dropped so hard.

is the cat on the ship isthe kyubeii of this series lmao
lack-in-usernameApr 9, 2016 6:23 PM
Apr 9, 2016 6:21 PM
Jan 2015
This anime looks promising to me, and i really liked but lol, first cute girls in tanks and now battleships, this is gonna be good lol.
Apr 9, 2016 6:38 PM

Apr 2012
First half was boring, but wow the second half!
Also Shikaco is back as another shy character lol
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Apr 9, 2016 7:09 PM

Dec 2015
I'm so on board (pun intended)
Apr 9, 2016 7:15 PM

Jun 2013
Went from bored to intrigued in the final 3 minutes.

*Checks staff for Urobutcher influence*
Apr 9, 2016 7:52 PM

Apr 2008
Revvie-chan said:

Curious about the one bridge crew who is not introduced yet, the blonde girl with different uniform.
Also they should get ally somewhere. The ship still need that steel/fuel/ammo to survive to the last episode.

I hope it doesn't have too much dramatic killing.
Starship Operators don't have much deaths and the story is still good.
Apr 9, 2016 7:56 PM
Jul 2018
why do they need a instructor if they already know howta tha boat o.o

wait what... the second part ...
removed-userApr 9, 2016 8:00 PM
Apr 9, 2016 8:19 PM

Mar 2013
Fuck now I need to start playing world of warships again to take advantage of the inevitable tie-ins

I mean fuck they even use the same sound effect for launching torpedos.
Apr 9, 2016 8:29 PM

Jun 2008
Well, the end of the episode certainly got my attention. Not what I was expecting at all. I definitely want to watch the 2nd episode to find out wtf is going on. There are so many characters though. I wonder if some of them will die.
Apr 9, 2016 8:46 PM
Jan 2015
They might get injured instead, as dying would be a bit too much for the viewers to handle.
Apr 9, 2016 9:20 PM

Jun 2013
Honestly not what I was expecting, but not a bad thing
Reminds me of a better version of KanColle
Gonna keep watching.
Apr 9, 2016 9:20 PM
Aug 2015
I started skipping ahead in the first half as it was very tedious to see so much stock character exposition. My tolerance of moeblobby shows requires that there are good jokes and that wasn't really happening. Then they got fired on and I was drawn in through the end of the episode. Guess I will be going for ep 2.
Apr 9, 2016 9:32 PM

Apr 2013
I didn't expect that.... that was great
Girls and panzer naval version
Apr 9, 2016 9:37 PM

Jan 2013
Unexpected to say the least. Interested to see where this goes.
Apr 9, 2016 10:18 PM

Jun 2013
One thing that is confusing me:
Why would the instructor fire on them but pretty obviously miss (they were using live ammunition, but as the deputy captain pointed out, they should still have had no trouble sinking them if they so wanted). On the other hand, they reported them as traitors when they fired on the instructor, so was the goal all along to provoke a counterattack rather than actually sink them? And if so, for what purpose?
Apr 9, 2016 10:30 PM

Jan 2011
KanColle came early this year!

wont lie this show was low on my radar was just about to save it for Sunday then i started watching it was like oh man this is like girls and panzers but with ships! good chance it might become surprisingly popular with the Japanese fandom! seems it's true.

giving this show a chance with that ending didn't expect there was gonna be actual fighting
Apr 9, 2016 10:52 PM

May 2008
Can't they contact headquarter too?
I see they are finally talking to them. Then this should be over in the next episode, but I guess they'll use this opportunity to go on a "adventure"...

Not adding to my list but i'll drop by and check the ending.

Was a ok episode: 6/10
Apr 9, 2016 10:55 PM

May 2014
I feel KanCole in this
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Apr 9, 2016 11:12 PM

Sep 2011
Quirkiness101 said:
One thing that is confusing me:
Why would the instructor fire on them but pretty obviously miss (they were using live ammunition, but as the deputy captain pointed out, they should still have had no trouble sinking them if they so wanted). On the other hand, they reported them as traitors when they fired on the instructor, so was the goal all along to provoke a counterattack rather than actually sink them? And if so, for what purpose?

You're not the only one confused. The whole crew was as well! As to why we're going to have to wait and see.
Apr 9, 2016 11:16 PM

Nov 2009
Hmm....it's too early what to think of this show. I will watch more eps. to see how will the story develop.

The show like this usually get polarized comments but do remember that almost no one care about Girls und Panzer when it first aired too. Then after ep.4 aired......
Apr 10, 2016 12:00 AM
Apr 2016
I don't get you guys. Don't you like Girls und Panzer? If anything, getting more into the battleship fights rather than building it up way into episode 4 is better imo.

The only thing we need now is a Girls und Soldaten to finish the military moe trifecta and you have a multi-billion yen franchise.

As military enthusiast, I for one am happy that I have another new /k/ show to talk about.
Apr 10, 2016 12:06 AM

Apr 2009
HaiFuri is a another Aoki Hagane no Appreggio-cloned anime and besides i'm a World of Warships player also and i would even think that Akeno-chan will command a Lexington-class Aircraft carrier or a Cleveland class cruiser
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Apr 10, 2016 12:25 AM

Dec 2009
This is really good. Like I really like everything about it. The start was a nice introduction to the series, a bit slow, but the 2nd half was really good with some action. That cliffhanger at the end though, I hope it's nothing serious. I want it to be more kawaii than serious lol
Apr 10, 2016 12:34 AM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
So, has no one explored the possibility that the Deputy Captain Munetani is the principal's daughter? If she is (and that seems likely with a name like Munetani -- "Chest Valley"?) that makes the second half even more of a twist... or does it?

I came in without any expectations. Was tempted to stop mid-episode, but now I have to watch next week just to see how they explain this totally non sequitur second half.
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
Apr 10, 2016 12:54 AM

Oct 2014
nseika said:
Revvie-chan said:

Curious about the one bridge crew who is not introduced yet, the blonde girl with different uniform.
Also they should get ally somewhere. The ship still need that steel/fuel/ammo to survive to the last episode.

I hope it doesn't have too much dramatic killing.
Starship Operators don't have much deaths and the story is still good.

Well, but nobody dying in this case will strike as odd.
Apr 10, 2016 1:11 AM

Apr 2009
HaiFuri should also feature any American cruiser like the Cleveland-class (USS Birmingham pictured here)
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Apr 10, 2016 1:12 AM
Sep 2015
kyon-pei said:
I don't get you guys. Don't you like Girls und Panzer? If anything, getting more into the battleship fights rather than building it up way into episode 4 is better imo.

This isn't like Girls und Panzers, because the adults in GuP never actually tried to kill any of the girls. Which is exactly what happened here. Put the rejects on an old ship, sabotage it so that it runs late, sink it while no one's looking. Oh, they were more competent than expected and fought back? Brand them as traitors and hunt them down with the full fleet.

Unless the instructor is following her own agenda, this is more Shinsekai Yori than Girls und Panzers.
Apr 10, 2016 1:20 AM

Jan 2015
kalinime said:
kyon-pei said:

Unless the instructor is following her own agenda, this is more Shinsekai Yori than Girls und Panzers.

This last statement tho
Apr 10, 2016 1:31 AM
May 2010
I think there might be even more to the conspiracy, as if you look at when the torpedo hit the teachers ship, it exploded in a way that doesn't really look like a dud. A dud would mostly just go bonk, not create a water plume like that. And so it seems that the Harekaze was given live ammunition instead of training ammunition for some reason.

THE PLOT THICKENS
Apr 10, 2016 1:32 AM

Jul 2013
Surprising to see how serious it had become in the second half.
Enjoyed the episode a lot more than I expected to.
Looking forward to more of this.
Apr 10, 2016 1:53 AM

Apr 2012
kalinime said:

One, I doubt the instructor is doing this on her own. I think another mastermind planted her into the school's faculty.

Two, it's funny you mentioned Shin Sekai Yori since these two shows share the same composer. Yes, I enjoy the music already.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School Fleet Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2016

153 by Shirowhite01 »»
Yesterday, 5:05 AM

Poll: » High School Fleet Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2016

62 by Shirowhite01 »»
Oct 12, 6:20 AM

Poll: » High School Fleet Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2016

62 by wildhood »»
Aug 27, 2023 4:44 AM

Poll: » High School Fleet Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2016

119 by Cyroro »»
Apr 14, 2023 3:38 AM

Poll: » High School Fleet Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2016

57 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Sep 21, 2022 7:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.