Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Apr 8, 2016 5:57 AM

Dec 2012
Sokah said:
This just makes me think humanity is fucking stupid for not being able to deal with something that isn't a credible threat.

Are you serious? how is this not a credible threat? even a wide speared infection like the plague is a big threat to humanity. Let alone extremely fast flesh eating zombies that can infect anybody they bite.
Apr 8, 2016 6:00 AM

Mar 2014
MysteriousBanana said:
ReaperCreeper said:
How in the fuck did they even last this long? They're that paranoid about the zombies but they immediately lower the bridge for the train.

First train had to wait for the bridge to come down because it was a day early, nobody expected it so nobody was manning the controls.

Second train was on time and appeared to be tooting its horn to announce it was arriving and that everything was okay, but it turned out that was just the dead conductor's body accidentally pulled the chain every time a kabane leaned over to take a bite out of him.

Pretty much this

Even if the bridge was raised there still would have been a collision with Kabane flying into the city and possibly causing the same explosion enabling more Kabane to get in.

I guess the real problem here is the vulnerability of the entrance itself, too close to the city
Apr 8, 2016 6:03 AM

Jan 2015
Cirris said:
Xenocrisi said:

In just 2 anime there is a zombie apocalypse, and this is the 3rd one. I don't get why you are saying you are done with it.

I'm referring to all media entertainment. Not just Anime.

And I was never a big fan of the monster trope anyways. I tend to prefer intelligent antagonists monsters. Not mindless ones.

Well, it's not like they are completely stupid. You've seen that they can drive a train, right?
Apr 8, 2016 6:08 AM

Jul 2014
Horatio_Nelson said:
Edgy teenage anti-authority trash. The main character comes off as a whiny bitch. Seriously.
"Don't put the guy who might be a zombie into jail! Why? Because that would mean that we were living under a system of fear! There is no possible way that this system was put into place because the masses don't want anybody who might possibly be infected to be allowed into society!"
On top of that, the way he jumped in front of the soldiers, yelling at them to not throw their comrade in jail, is both nonsensical and hugely disrespectful in context. Those soldiers have been out in the wilderness, protecting that train and fighting the zombies (Kabane... sigh...). Those soldiers know that guy and the threat he represents way better than the protagonist. The fact that they even have the respect to throw their comrade in jail as opposed to putting a bullet in his head speaks massively in favor of the honor and intricacies of the authorities involved. Of course, the protagonist is immediately justified by the show, as the marked man is killed in a way that is indicative of him not being infected, and that automatically makes the authorities cowardly and evil. Typical teenage edgy trash.

I know, I know, Attack on Titan ripoffs are all Wit Studio is doing these day. But Attack on Titan was more subtle than this and Owari no Seraph had a more immediately interesting cast of characters, generic as they were. It seems that Wit Studio anime are going the way of Western Young Adult novels.

The soldiers were going to kill him without taking him in custody and observing him for three days, which was supposed to be a protocol to be followed. The protagonist was in fact telling the soldiers to do exactly that, and not asking for "him to not be put in jail". Watch that scene again.
Apr 8, 2016 6:10 AM

Dec 2015
Liked the backstory, liked the setting, liked the art, liked the music, liked the OP, but didn't like the MC voice.
Apr 8, 2016 6:27 AM
Feb 2014
Holes... Also, let me guess that in order for the pseudo-kabaneri to stay sane, they'd have to choke themselves periodically. Edgy teenagers would definitely have a kick out of this show..
Apr 8, 2016 6:28 AM

Mar 2016
Does mumei untying that ribbon have anything to do with beheading that kabane like she has superhuman abilities ? I see correlation between the mc strangling himself and mumei tying a some kind of ribbon around her neck , maybe she has a kabane's body too but her brain still intact ( she was never inspected btw ) there is another girl in the OP with also the same thing around her neck and her body glows like a kabane when she untie it
Apr 8, 2016 6:30 AM

Oct 2009
SHiNRei_YaGaMi said:

Mumei's bodyguard was really stupid. At least when you're bitten, contribute something like killing some kabanes or saving some people, instead he committed suicide just like that. Useless.

kabane hard to be killed and you forget about suicide culture in Japan...
Apr 8, 2016 6:38 AM
Apr 2016
na35899 said:
jojo_kyle said:

I'm sorry bro but you're either stupid, illterate or just watched this episode without subs.

The first image you saw is NOT how they normally handle the trains. In the image above this trains is off schedule because of the kabane, normally if they had come on time the team would have let down the bridge so they can pass in.

In the second train entrance scene, the workers specifically say "It's here! It's the housoyga"(name of the train)
"It's here on time"

The bridge drops so that the train can come in slowly without coming to a full stop, this is how they normally have been doing it for 20 years.

There is no writing flaw here, just you playing dumb and not paying attention when you should have been.

your thought aside, i still feel it is somehow unreasonable to just drop the bridge
i mean this disease is very dangerous right? and they should know that the kabane can hang on to the train, i mean the way the kabane enter the city is too easy it felt stupid
if this was real and if they want to make this anime more realistic everytimes any train comes they should have a procedure that make it stop before lowering down the bridge and check if there is any KABANE hanging on to the train or somehow send a light/sound signal to the train and if the driver replied that 'yeah ok we're fine here' and then you can lower down the bridge....... right?

If they are on the trains there's no doubt the conductor would know and not pull the signal.
The train signal needs to be pulled and there's no way a zombie could pull it, but they are smarter then they thought.
Basically their system of letting the trains in that has worked for 20 years suddenly failed do to unforseen events.
Apr 8, 2016 6:38 AM

May 2011
Ok I'm going to get into this whole train plot hole debate.

First, If that draw bridge is the vulnerable lifeline of the city. There's no way you just randomly drop it down for a train that's on time. Every incoming train is a recipe for disaster if they're continually attacked on their routes. Even if it's on time, why wouldn't it be necessary to follow the same protocol as the "early" train? If one mishap means death for your entire village. YOU TAKE EXCESSIVE PRECAUTIONS! NO buts. The fact that the village is so paranoid of bite marks shows the intense scrutiny that the villagers are willing to do to keep their village safe. Forcing a train to hold their entry for long range visual inspection, would be prudent. And they seem quite willing to sacrifice the train crews for their own safety.

Second, If the train was expected. Why was every one caught off guard? Wouldn't you have inspection teams ready? Wouldn't the villagers understand a train is coming. They seemed more prepared for the train that wasn't on time, than they were for the train that WAS on time.

Third, if the previous train was a day early due to another village falling to the ghouls, wouldn't this next train also be ahead of schedule?

Fourth, ...........................
Xenocrisi said:

Well, it's not like they are completely stupid. You've seen that they can drive a train, right?

If they're smart enough to "drive the train" and strong enough to bend steel. These trains would never make their appointed villages. Cause the Ghouls could easily wreck the tracks and overturn the train at any point of their commute.

Conclusion, It's a plot hole. It's useless to defend it. Even great stories have them. so if you can over look it. then move on enjoy the show.
CirrisApr 8, 2016 6:41 AM
Apr 8, 2016 6:51 AM

Jan 2010
A really strong first episode though it is dangerously similar to Attack on Titan in many ways.

-The walled in City
-Humanity pushed to the brink of extinction by an enemy the eats humans
-The enemy getting into the city just before the end of the episode
-The wall around the city felt like AOT
-Only certain people skilled enough to actually combat the enemy
-You can only kill them one way using a special weapon.
-Mystery surrounding the MC related to the enemy

Through all these similarities the show still feels like it has it's own identity (at least so far). Some of the supporting characters seem interesting and the plot is fairly intriguing. The trains and the iron fortresses are a very nice touch and the suicide bags added real tension and drama. Overall I really enjoyed it but I do hope it distances itself from the AoT vibe as it continues.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

Apr 8, 2016 6:55 AM

Dec 2012
Cirris said:

Conclusion, It's a plot hole. It's useless to defend it. Even great stories have them. so if you can over look it. then move on enjoy the show.

It's only the first episode...

And just because you state something as a plot hole doesn't make it a fact, so go easy with the dismissive attitude. Especially when you don't have all the necessary information to prove the contradiction, like how each station is structured or if something like zombies taking the train has happened before.

Not to mention that with what we have in the first ep you are already wrong. It's been explained several times before by others, that this wasn't different from the early train.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1498843&show=300#msg45518709
Apr 8, 2016 6:59 AM

Jun 2010
shanimebib said:

If you can rationalize the two pictures above you will realize plot wise how bad the first episode was. I will not say more.

Everything reeked Shingeki no Kyojin. But I gotta give credits where it's due. I think the MCs are likable so far so it's still watchable. After the first impression, I am not gonna give this more than a 6.5/10 if it doesn't improve.

The first train had to wait because he wasn't on schedule and they didn't expect it to be a day earlier, this is why they waited approval to lower the bridge, at least it makes sense to me.
And since the other train came on time, they assumed it was normal and there were no problems.
The plot was great, you just needed a reason to shit on something new.
Apr 8, 2016 7:09 AM
Feb 2016
I love the anime so far. I completely agree with Logic340. Even though only the first episode has come out, it really reminds me of Shingeki no Kyojin. I bet at the end of the season it will be better than attack on titan
Apr 8, 2016 7:09 AM

Mar 2014
Let's see...

Apocalyptic medieval setting? ✓
Humanity on the brink of extinction? ✓
Enemies that manage to get into the city just before the episode ends? ✓
Man eating monsters (who even look like the titans in SnK)? ✓
Wall? ✓
Mommy gets killed? ✓
Monster smoke weapons? ✓
Generic shounen MC with connections to the enemy and a tragic backstory? ✓
Plot armor? ✓
EDGE? ✓
Yuki Kaiji? ✓
Hiroyuki Sawano? ✓
Tetsurou Araki? ✓

They should just rename it "Shingeki No Stimpanku Kyojin"/"Attack On Steam Punk Titan" already
tsudecimo said:
Not to mention that with what we have in the first ep you are already wrong. It's been explained several times before by others, that this wasn't different from the early train.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1498843&show=300#msg45518709
Lol, that doesn't excuse shit, if they had truly wanted to protect themselves then they should've applied the same safety measures to all trains, not just the early ones
ishio95 said:
The first train had to wait because he wasn't on schedule and they didn't expect it to be a day earlier, this is why they waited approval to lower the bridge, at least it makes sense to me.
And since the other train came on time, they assumed it was normal and there were no problems.
The plot was great, you just needed a reason to shit on something new.
"Someone dislikes something that I like, so that means they're just hating for the sake of hating"
Comic_SansApr 8, 2016 7:16 AM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 8, 2016 7:15 AM

Sep 2014
Meh, Attack on Titan all over again. That show was about the zombie apocalypse without the zombies, this one is actually about them. We already had an arsepull just in the first episode itself. Oh well, I can still enjoy this inevitable train wreck.
Apr 8, 2016 7:22 AM

Feb 2016
so what do we have here some titans i mean ghouls nah i think they were called kabaneris are trying to get through wall maria ehh no it's a fortress without any special name, however shit is going down when the armored titan i mean the shinkansen ah no the koutetsujou crashes into that fortress and everyones gets titan'd i mean kabanere'd no rather eaten alive and our main character is going nuts because he doesn't like evil monsters who are driving humans into a corner, his name is eren no his name is ikoma. the kabaneris don't receive fatal damage except by using the three dimensional maneuver gear, no i wanted to say there is the possibility of using jet guns against the kabaneri.

a stunning first episode nonetheless :')
Apr 8, 2016 7:25 AM

Mar 2015
Ikoma...you're insane. This guy's crazy prepared man. He made his own steam gun. He made his own CHOKING DEATH MACHINE thingy to kill him. He has dedication and most of all, determination.
Apr 8, 2016 7:28 AM

Mar 2014
BlueBalls said:

Episode 2 preview.

Embedding doesn't work for whatever reason.

Mod Edit: Embedded it.
Lol, why did they hire an American narrator?

Accent 2 stronk 4 me
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 8, 2016 7:28 AM

Oct 2014
is there no 1080p release coming out? been waiting for at least 20 hrs now.
Apr 8, 2016 7:31 AM
Jun 2010
JESUS! That AoT VIBEEE, insane man, this kind of animes pump me like hell!
Apr 8, 2016 7:34 AM

Dec 2013
this is just Attack on Titan again, beat for beat.

I guess it was really lucky for the MC that the virus works in a completely retarded manner and he somehow knew.

Also, safest way to quickly draw some blood?
literally slit your wrist with a knife.
Especially if you need your hand to aim a gun right after.
Apr 8, 2016 7:52 AM

Jul 2015
2RDEYE said:
is there no 1080p release coming out? been waiting for at least 20 hrs now.

http://beta.animefrost.tv/anime/koutetsujou-no-kabaneri/

Hope it's okay to link, delete otherwise mods.
Apr 8, 2016 7:53 AM

Aug 2014
Damn that AoT vibe in this was to strong, lol. Though the MC atleast seems likeable compared to Eren. Great 1st ep so far!
Apr 8, 2016 7:57 AM

Aug 2008
MC is less shitty than in SnK but his plot shield and keeping the bridge down for no reason just for plot convenience doesn't bode that well. Trains are still the main selling point.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 8, 2016 7:59 AM

Aug 2012
Fai said:

I find it confusing - you are praising the show for the period setting yet seem to know nothing about it. Ritual Suicide was generally viewed as honorable way to end yourself. You can even see Mumei staying to watch it happen in this episode.

ranoa said:

kabane hard to be killed and you forget about suicide culture in Japan...

I know about seppuku, but considering the situation they were all in, it's nothing more than easy way to escape reality. Seppuku had to be done slowly, but what he did seemed instantly to me.

Mumei decapitated the kabane's head seemed easy enough, I thought it wouldn't die without destroying the glowing core in its chest. Well it's end right there so I could be wrong though.
Apr 8, 2016 8:05 AM

Dec 2015
It was okay. Main guy seems boring and the girl probably going to be annoying. Setting is okay. But nothing new - similar to SnK which also was good because of setting only. (Which isn't enough to keep a show interesting for 12-24 episodes.)

Hopefully there'll be other interesting chars. The guy protecting the lord and his daugther seemed cool - I think he'll get some more screentime next episode.

I like steam punk but I don't like the mix of samurai with modern/steam punk. Would have preferred if it was in a western/middle age-like setting + trains. The trains are cool.

Going to watch a few more episodes since it is noitaminA.
Apr 8, 2016 8:14 AM

May 2014
The AOT is strong within this one
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Apr 8, 2016 8:15 AM

Aug 2012
shanimebib said:

If you can rationalize the two pictures above you will realize plot wise how bad the first episode was. I will not say more.

Everything reeked Shingeki no Kyojin. But I gotta give credits where it's due. I think the MCs are likable so far so it's still watchable. After the first impression, I am not gonna give this more than a 6.5/10 if it doesn't improve.

Pretty sure they let the bridge thing down because they know that the other train is coming. The first train was unexpected.
Apr 8, 2016 8:18 AM

Nov 2009
SHiNRei_YaGaMi said:
Seppuku had to be done slowly, but what he did seemed instantly to me.

Probably because of how fast infection/virus spreads they don't have enough time to bring kaishakunin along.
Mumei decapitated the kabane's head seemed easy enough, I thought it wouldn't die without destroying the glowing core in its chest. Well it's end right there so I could be wrong though.

Well, it's effectively killed his brain cells. Also, isn't her eyes have the same color as kabaneri's core?

Apr 8, 2016 8:19 AM
Jan 2013
Not to be rude, but I fucking hate Egoist!
Apr 8, 2016 8:32 AM
Jan 2016
Antanaru said:
MC is less shitty than in SnK but his plot shield and keeping the bridge down for no reason just for plot convenience doesn't bode that well. Trains are still the main selling point.

Cirris said:
First, If that draw bridge is the vulnerable lifeline of the city. There's no way you just randomly drop it down for a train that's on time. Every incoming train is a recipe for disaster if they're continually attacked on their routes. Even if it's on time, why wouldn't it be necessary to follow the same protocol as the "early" train? If one mishap means death for your entire village. YOU TAKE EXCESSIVE PRECAUTIONS! NO buts. The fact that the village is so paranoid of bite marks shows the intense scrutiny that the villagers are willing to do to keep their village safe. Forcing a train to hold their entry for long range visual inspection, would be prudent. And they seem quite willing to sacrifice the train crews for their own safety.

Second, If the train was expected. Why was every one caught off guard? Wouldn't you have inspection teams ready? Wouldn't the villagers understand a train is coming. They seemed more prepared for the train that wasn't on time, than they were for the train that WAS on time.

Third, if the previous train was a day early due to another village falling to the ghouls, wouldn't this next train also be ahead of schedule?

I know it's a pain to read all of the posts, but man, I'm feeling like a bit of a broken record pointing out the one thing that everyone crying "plot hole" is missing.

The second train? It was sounding its horn. That's how everyone knew it was arriving before they could see it. From the guards' perspective a train was arriving on time normally and the conductor on board was sounding his horn in a normal way to indicate every was normal, so everyone was just ready to receive it in a normal way. Then the show cuts to the cabin to show us that was just the dead conductor's arm being tangled in the pull chain and accidentally sounding the horn every time the kabane leaned over to take a bite out of him.

It's a convoluted coincidence, yes, but it's not a plot hole.

Xenocrisi said:

The kabane aren't driving anything, that the train managed to arrive to its destination isn't an indicator that there was an intelligence guiding it, it's just an indicator that it wasn't going fast enough to derail after everyone on board died.
Apr 8, 2016 8:34 AM
Jan 2016
MajorZero said:
Well, it's effectively killed his brain cells. Also, isn't her eyes have the same color as kabaneri's core?

The opening sequence also shows she has the same glowing veins (albeit not where veins actually should be) on her face as the kabane.
Apr 8, 2016 8:34 AM
May 2011
Cirris said:
Ok I'm going to get into this whole train plot hole debate.

Fourth, ...........................
Xenocrisi said:

If they're smart enough to "drive the train" and strong enough to bend steel. These trains would never make their appointed villages. Cause the Ghouls could easily wreck the tracks and overturn the train at any point of their commute.

"This is a definitely a plot hole and you should feel bad and stupid for defending it. But please, just move on!" Get a grip.

First. The 'plot hole' is predicated on the idea that they could somehow anticipate that the zombie-thingies could drive trains.

Second. There's no information as to whether or not an inspection team was ready. What would that contribute to the plot?

Third. Wow, maybe it came down a different train line?

For a plot hole I expect an obvious logical inconsistency or an apparent inconsistency the story contorts itself too much to explain. If you have to make so many assumptions about how the world works to call this a plot hole, it's not a plot hole. I'd classify the behaviour of the kabeneri virus as that kind of plot hole, not the bloody drawbridge.
Apr 8, 2016 8:37 AM
Dec 2009
DMoC said:
inb4 the MC gains powers to transform into a Kabane.

Yup, that's what the change in color of his bangs represents right? Haha.

zeroyuki92 said:
It's basically Wits trying to improve Attack on Titan.

(+) Steampunk Feudal Japan instead of Some Random Feudal Europe
(+) Steam guns and Trains instead of static warfare with cutters and horse
(+) Far Better MC
(+) Probably Better Heroines
(+++) Friggin Original Macross Character Designer instead of newbie mangaka

I like your breakdown. I really enjoyed Attack on Titan and have recommended it to a lot of people but I'm excited about this show so far for all the reasons you listed :D

Fai said:
xaos12 said:
and that our mc gets affected in less than a min when that guy on train didn't, it was good.

If its a virus, then different strength of immune system would mean different speed of spread.

Someone also pointed out the Ikoma's (MC) wound seemed deeper and closer to major veins than the small hand bite the guy on the train got.
Apr 8, 2016 8:37 AM

Dec 2013
I like this show. Seriously I can think of so many other shows besides the american favorite SnK that better describes this show (LBG, Blood, Princess Mononoke and so many others..). It feels like anyone who uses SnK to describe this show is seriously limited in their anime knowledge.

The artistry reminds me of the old 90s and early 2000s OVAs, especially the scenery in the background and the style in which they drew the characters (especially prominent when looking at Ayame). The story's semi-Shogunate, semi-Steam-Punk dystopia setting is quite a novelty.
Both Mumei and Ayame seem quite interesting in different ways, but the most interesting one was Ikoma. Seriously how the hell did he expel the ghoul virus from his body like that? That was impressive as heck, though I'm assuming it has something to do with that green gem in his right hand which he probably acquired after that girl in the flashback (which I assume was his sister or someone close) was killed, and hence isn't replicable by others.
Also, I laughed so hard when Mumei decapitated that Kabane so hard that her shoe got embedded into the woodwork. I know it probably wasn't meant to be that funny, but it was seriously good!

All else considered, I think it started off well enough. Looking forward to learning more about this world.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 8, 2016 8:38 AM

Jul 2015
It felt like Attack on Titan, especially with that wall they had, but I was expecting it considering the way the anime looked. I already kind of knew what would happen here, despite not knowing anything about this series prior to this anime, but even then, seeing it all play out was amazing.

Code Name S.T.E.A.M meets AoT and I freaking love it.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 8, 2016 8:41 AM

Apr 2016
I enjoy/ed attack on on titan. If this anime reminds of of it, then it is only a good thing as long as it isn't or becomes just a cheap spin-off.

I can't say for certain that it isn't just a cheap spin-off just yet but I enjoyed the first episode very much. It has got promise in my opinion.

Now it's a matter of how they build on this potential.

4/5 for me right now
Apr 8, 2016 8:57 AM

Jan 2015
MysteriousBanana said:

Xenocrisi said:

The kabane aren't driving anything, that the train managed to arrive to its destination isn't an indicator that there was an intelligence guiding it, it's just an indicator that it wasn't going fast enough to derail after everyone on board died.

I'm not inventing things, they showed 2 or 3 kabanes driving it.
Apr 8, 2016 8:59 AM
May 2011
Xenocrisi said:
MysteriousBanana said:

They're not driving it, they're just eating the bodies of the drivers, one of whose hands is wound up in the horn lever.
Apr 8, 2016 8:59 AM

Aug 2008
@MysteriousBanana The plot hole (although I would call it more of a plot device in this case) people are pointing out isn't whether there was a horn or not. The whole problem is in keeping the bridge down in the middle of the night and the whole procedure allowing a train to go into the city without any prior inspection outside. Zombies could be attached somewhere as well. On top of that, the train getting catapulted like that to land in the middle of the dwellings was so overblown it was almost funny. Author needed zombies in the city but couldn't come up with a convincing way for it to happen and now people are calling bullshit. Nothing surprising about that. Let's do not get started on the MC magically surviving the bite...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 8, 2016 9:00 AM

Aug 2014
Delicious loli, 10/10 episode. Thanks Mikimoto.
Sieg Zeon!
Apr 8, 2016 9:02 AM

Jan 2015
Gridfire said:
Xenocrisi said:

They're not driving it, they're just eating the bodies of the drivers, one of whose hands is wound up in the horn lever.

I've re-watched that scene carefully. You are right, they seem to be eating the drivers
Apr 8, 2016 9:05 AM

Feb 2012
L-Ryoshi said:
It feels like anyone who uses SnK to describe this show is seriously limited in their anime knowledge.

Well, it's built on a foundation of SnK money stacks and therefore caters to the same demographic. It's a SnK clone by design. Aesthetically, yeah, it's more similar to the likes of Mononoke-hime, but it *obviously* plays off of SnK's plot.
Apr 8, 2016 9:08 AM

May 2009
TYxTxYT said:
bastek66 said:

What plot holes? Not everything must be explained in first episode. Do you have attention span of a squirrel?

Yeah like not having the midnight train to stop before letting the bridge down, that will totally get explained later right? s/

That was expected to arrive? Do you even watch the show?
Apr 8, 2016 9:09 AM

Jul 2009
Art's okay - quite different from the cutesy character feel I'm used to. Still really beautiful scenery and stuff though. Defs getting some AoT feels from this but we'll see what happens. So far so good. The first ep had more action than I was expecting. :D
Apr 8, 2016 9:11 AM
May 2011
Antanaru said:
@MysteriousBanana The plot hole (although I would call it more of a plot device in this case) people are pointing out isn't whether there was a horn or not. The whole problem is in keeping the bridge down in the middle of the night and the whole procedure allowing a train to go into the city without any prior inspection outside. Zombies could be attached somewhere as well. On top of that, the train getting catapulted like that to land in the middle of the dwellings was so overblown it was almost funny. Author needed zombies in the city but couldn't come up with a convincing way for it to happen and now people are calling bullshit. Nothing surprising about that. Let's do not get started on the MC magically surviving the bite...

Inspecting them outside would bait zombies. The inspection quarantines the train from what we've seen. And we don't even know how the virus works yet, but since the carotid artery was mentioned, there's your link with the choking.
Apr 8, 2016 9:31 AM

Jul 2014
Guess this will be my first post and also my first time joining the discussion.

Just found out about it today when my friend shared a post on facebook. what really brought me here was Egoist and Aimer tho, not gonna lie.
Done watching the first ep, first impression was, "TRAINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

btw, the train explosion and it being thrown (?) like that is kinda funny and way a bit too exaggerated i think xD
Apr 8, 2016 9:36 AM
Feb 2012
How can this series have an 8+ rating already? Are people really that delusional or do they simply like to jump the gun?

There's virtually nothing indicating that the train series will be any good other than the blatantly obvious Shingeki no Kyojin connections. Once it establishes itself as an own series, we can talk but for now there's nothing special about it.

Naturally, I intend to watch a few more episodes before deciding myself, mind you.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 8, 2016 9:37 AM

Apr 2014
Rachmaninow said:
How can this series have an 8+ rating already? Are people really that delusional or do they simply like to jump the gun?

There's virtually nothing indicating that the train series will be any good other than the blatantly obvious Shingeki no Kyojin connections. Once it establishes itself as an own series, we can talk but for now there's nothing special about it.

Naturally, I intend to watch a few more episodes before deciding myself, mind you.

i rated it an 8 already, once the series goes on my rating may or may not change, it will depend on it, but as of right now i rate it an 8.

there may be some other users like me too, who change their rating on weekly basis.
or others really like this anime, its their own choice.
Pages (19) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

619 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 16, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2016

408 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 16, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2016

394 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 16, 9:29 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

525 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 15, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2016

395 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 15, 11:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.