Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Asterisk War (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 3, 2016 11:41 AM

Mar 2016
DarklordVor said:
To be honest I return to this anime only to see Kirin-chan... and there's barely Kirin in this episode... orz disappointing. All harem is always about the first girl.

When will harem anime learn to stop making first girl win? Poor side characters.

It's really a weak episode. Pretty much only the battle that is not that special either. The animation is great as always, but the actual battle is meh.

I need Kirin to stay on this anime. When can I have my Kirin?!

Atleast you saw a bit of her in the end . i returned for claudia and there was no screen time for her , good thing she understands my disappointment :p
Apr 3, 2016 12:24 PM

Sep 2014
Only reason I picked this one is so that I can have something to hate on every week.
Having a lot of stress build up lately and having something to bash and hate really helps.
Apr 3, 2016 12:33 PM

Oct 2013
Nice OP! I hope this season we'll get to see some more entertaining action scenes.
Apr 3, 2016 1:50 PM
Jul 2018
Good opening song. They really made me look forward to next episodes.

They also made a good fast paced first episode for this season which really made it fun to watch with the instant action. I can't wait for the fight with the twins it should be promising.
Apr 3, 2016 2:01 PM

Jul 2012
The fight was decent, nothing to write home over.

New OP is nice but I do like the first better.

3/5

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Apr 3, 2016 3:40 PM
Jul 2009
wow I am suprised with the first episode of the second season!

Opening is tells us this will be a 12 ep tournament arc what I didn't really liked cause the animation and fight of season one were all so fast and unfair. But after the first episode I have new hope!

The battle was really good! it has it's downsides but still they took a some time to think about fighting scenes.

one thing though and that is the voice of the new Loli maid. It took a while to get used to Kirin's voice but damn this one is a whole new level!
Apr 3, 2016 4:18 PM

Apr 2014
Seem a bit more interesting than last season.
Still don't like that bitch Julis.
Saya and Kirin FTW.
Apr 3, 2016 4:56 PM

Oct 2011
Wow can't wait to see them beat those twins
Apr 3, 2016 7:12 PM

Mar 2013
Season 1 OP > Season 2 OP

That was a surprisingly nice way to start off this series again. Really enjoyed it.
How wonder how can they match up against the twins in their next fight.
Apr 3, 2016 8:45 PM
Aug 2015
ugh I can't stand how most of the girls have super high pitch voices
Apr 3, 2016 10:48 PM

Mar 2011
I'm quite impressed they got actual twins to voice the twins.
Apr 4, 2016 12:14 AM

Jun 2014
well, the new op song is okay, but the animations were AMAZING. I feel like they sacrificed this episodes budget on that op. The ED though. I LOVE IT.

Kicking things right where they left off last season, always appreciated. They also showed us that our team is more then just brute strength, they can plan and execute.
I am excited to see where this goes!
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Apr 4, 2016 2:54 AM

Aug 2012
Not to big on the opening(might like it later on).

The lack of Kirin in this episode was distasteful.

They seem bitchy and annoying but I can't seem to dislike them because of how well their bitchiness is synced.
NecromiaApr 4, 2016 3:03 AM
Apr 4, 2016 2:58 AM

Jul 2015
will there be a solo tournament? if there is i hope it would be in this season. i wanna see my homie claudia go ham! The ed is good, I just think first season set such a high standard with waiting for the rain.
Apr 4, 2016 12:02 PM

Oct 2013
Actually, I don't remember a lot about the first season.
Ayato had his powers sealed, he can only fight for a small amount of time
Julis is a princess and I've no idea what she's fighting for
Errr they are in love I think?

Someone remind me
Apr 4, 2016 1:09 PM

Apr 2014
hlubkoj2020 said:
Seem a bit more interesting than last season.
Still don't like that bitch Julis.
Saya and Kirin FTW.

Lol why? She act arguably like a bitch in episode 1. She never did anything to warrant being called a bitch otherwise. It's bad taste to just call someone a bitch just because you don't like her or refuse to understand them.

ANA1979 said:
will there be a solo tournament? if there is i hope it would be in this season. i wanna see my homie claudia go ham! The ed is good, I just think first season set such a high standard with waiting for the rain.

No there isn't really a solo tournament yet. In Gakusen, it's all about pairs in battle and personally I think that it's one of its nice points. If you want solo tournament, then you can take a look at Rakudai where it's all solo and quite good as well.

@ dadnaya
You're pretty correct. Ayato has his powers sealed so he can't fight for a long time. Julis is a princess that is fighting to win the tournament to get money to donate to the an orphanage in her country. I would not say they're in love with each other or anything although it's clear that Julis is having some feelings for Ayato at the moment.
Apr 4, 2016 3:30 PM
Mar 2016
New Sword ?, Will he leave the Ser-Veresta? When I saw I thought,

Is What's the Ser-Veresta After Taking the Seal of His Sister and With This Ser-Veresta entered the Tier-2?

//// http://prntscr.com/ao7k9h

//////// http://prntscr.com/ao7kdy
Apr 4, 2016 3:42 PM

Mar 2014
ANA1979 said:

in asterisk there are 3 tournaments which alternate every year. the current phoenix festa is tag team and it will be followed by the gryps which is composed of teams of 5 (i think claudia already asked ayato to be on her team) and then the lindvolus which is solo. so to answer your question no sorry it wont even get to the gryps this season most likely :/
Apr 4, 2016 5:15 PM
Oct 2015
ANA1979 said:
Yes, it's called Lindvolus Festa but it won't be covered in this season.

Claudia will participate in Gryph Festa (team tournament) several months after the currently running Phoenix. She will be the team leader/captain.
Apr 4, 2016 9:03 PM

Sep 2014
Wow, it's already looking much better than S1. Loving that OP and ED, super catchy like the first ones too.

I have to admit that those fight scenes were pretty hype worthy compared to the S1 fights. (When that guy caught the fireball ..omg, aaaa)
Kinda helps that the ost is also my style of music.
I'm liking how it's shaping up and I can't wait to see more.
Apr 4, 2016 9:11 PM
Aug 2012
dadnaya said:
Someone remind me

Re-watch episode 2-3 or just 3 of season 1 and you will know part of Julis's motivation. It's easier.....

EmillyYamasaki said:
New Sword ?, Will he leave the Ser-Veresta? When I saw I thought,

Is What's the Ser-Veresta After Taking the Seal of His Sister and With This Ser-Veresta entered the Tier-2?

No that's Ser-vesta but as to why it looks like that you will find out later.
Dragon_Slayer_XApr 4, 2016 9:26 PM

Apr 4, 2016 10:05 PM

Aug 2014
That was quite a fun episode. They didn't waste much time getting to the Festa battles. Hopefully Flora isn't too exaggerated as a character. Too much emotion can be just as bad as not enough.

I would've thought Ayato would want to know more about his sister if he won the Festa. Now I'm not so sure, but I bet if he wins it will be something to do with his sister or his powers atleast. There's still no guarantee he and Julis will win though so it's pointless to delve to deep into it yet.

Also, the new OP is nice but this anime really knows how to nail the ED songs. I loved it.

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Apr 5, 2016 12:06 AM

Dec 2009
I was hoping to get more Fan Xinglou, and my wishes were granted!

Was really cool to see some wushu-like stuff going on, it's always nice to see good chinese stuff in anime. You can definitely tell when they do their research into martial arts to depict them well.

Those synchronized bitchy twins that are almost amusing - might even remind me of a certain Momoka.

The op is a bit less stylized from the first but it's cool too.
Lol @ all the QQ about no more 「Waiting for the Rain」 this season, though i can't disagree, that song was magical.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Apr 5, 2016 12:08 PM

Dec 2011
Pretty damn good start to the second half.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Apr 5, 2016 1:45 PM

Nov 2015
The fight was cool and Julis' plan was good, and the last girl looked like Mira from Dimension W.

Apr 6, 2016 1:36 AM
Apr 2016
This shows comeback did not disappoint, I expected trash and it delivered in that regards.
Apr 6, 2016 10:59 AM

Jul 2012
Surprised that there are quite a lot of people that like this anime, not saying it's bad, just some average harem-shounen story. Watching to finish the series and hope that there would be some decent ending.
Apr 6, 2016 1:02 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Gotta give credit where it's due, I think the fight was pretty good.

Still though, this show really just screams average. I wish the MC was a lot more unique. But I'll keep watching anyway because I'm already this far. At least Julis is tolerable.
Apr 6, 2016 8:03 PM

Jan 2013
So good to see animes from the past seasons getting a 2nd season :D
Can't wait to see how those twins fight, i mean their fight style.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 7, 2016 1:29 AM

Sep 2012
Great start. OP/ED are nice. I prefer S1 over them though.
I can't wait till those twins get destroyed because main character plot armour (hopefully). At least they have the skills to backup their attitude. That perfect synchronization is pleasing to my OCD.

Man, that new loli only said one line, and I already find her voice annoying. No offense to the VA (inb4it'soneofmyfavouriteones), but jfc, my ears are bleeding.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Apr 7, 2016 11:23 AM

Feb 2013
Sweet!!! Going to be a good one :)
Apr 7, 2016 12:32 PM

Nov 2013
Jeppe950 said:
Good enough imo. Looking forward to see the smug twins eat shit and lose >:P

This. They were pretty annoying, but it will be all the more satisfying, when they get their asses kicked. Nice strategy by our team and I like that their opponents weren't sore losers.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Apr 8, 2016 4:00 PM

Dec 2012
Okay I honestly didn't give a fuck about this show but episode 1 delivered, that was a pretty cool fighting scene.

Love that ED song.
Apr 9, 2016 2:07 AM

Sep 2015
For the anime to finish up the remaining 4 battles, there is no way you can expect a battle in very episodes, sometimes will make you bored.

Volume 4 - chapter 6 ( vs twins )
volume 5 - chapter 1 ( ? vs ? )
volume 5 - chapter 3 ( ? vs ? )
volume 5 - chapter 6 ( final battle )

You can get straight into battle speed reading the 4 chapters above in baka-tsuki and just do a little bit of scrolling.
Apr 9, 2016 2:19 AM

Oct 2015
ixarising said:
A good start to the 2nd cour. At least we get to see some proper rivals now, though seeing how they already reached quarter finals makes thing look lackluster.

So they started the second cour with a fight. Looks like this will be just the Tournament.
Also new character introduced.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Apr 10, 2016 1:20 AM

Nov 2015
It was fine. Had finished the first season last night so it's fresh in my mind.
The OP is nice but the ED of the last season was much much better.
The fight was also fine, nothing interesting in it.
I just wish they get over with the tournament and focus on the bigger matters as to the origins of their powers and what happened to Ayato's sister maybe?
Apr 10, 2016 1:40 AM

Jul 2008
No Claudia in the premiere, this makes me a sad panda.
Apr 10, 2016 3:27 PM

Oct 2008
Glad to see Asterisk back with its 2nd Season.
Shiena Nishizawa is also doing again the OP just like S1, but OP was fine...OP of S1 was still better.
The teamwork of Ayato and Julis was awesome and successfully executed their plan to win.
The twins...oh man another bunch of annoying opponents that is looking down to any contestants!
4/5.

Apr 11, 2016 11:36 PM

Jan 2011
Couldn't finish this episode today. Literally choked myself trying to scarf down my food in bordem of this.
Apr 12, 2016 9:44 AM

Feb 2009
I loved that they started off right away with the battle taking place. Will Flora join the harem? I'd also like to see more Claudia and Kirin !!

Apr 12, 2016 4:28 PM

Jan 2011
Weak series overall. Only thing that made me watch the first was the fact most of it had aired. And now that this comes with a week long wait it's honestly not worth it. The twins look like your typical aloof kids you find infesting anime. Their personalities are just there as a formality, as their purpose is just eye catch. I wouldn't be surprised if they had some kind of generic "tragic past." Maid's there to ask dumb fucking question and to indulge in the standard maids in anime.
QWERTYFish25Apr 12, 2016 4:31 PM
Apr 23, 2016 3:21 PM

Feb 2013
I like the new ED.

The battle was pretty good. Please stick to the battles and give Saya more screen time. I don't need no plot.
Jun 19, 2016 3:59 PM
Feb 2011
If Ayato can block that well he shouldn't use the flat of the blade but the sharp edge to block and do damage or even parry. Think about how much it would hurt to punch a bladed weapon. Might very well cut your hand in two.

Also, enough with the damn talking and just fight. Stupid anime/manga filler.
Jul 1, 2016 9:34 PM

Mar 2015
Can't really recall what happened in the first season but the basics came back to me throughout this episode. Gotta love that ED
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 28, 2017 10:01 PM

Dec 2012
Miiko and her nice oppai are back.
Dem twins.
What does Ayato want? Claudia.
Of course the princesses maid comes.
Where the fuck is my waifu Claudia?

Dat preview! CLAUDIA!!!! Dat oppai ounce. Claudia's message to let me know to rest assure that she, the true heroine, will be back. YES!!!!!!! Proof that she is best girl because this episode was boring without her.

Dat OP and ED. Good OP song but I prefer the 1st one more. Funny considering this one is the titular song. Same for the ED song. I prefer this one visually because Claudia being perfection is shown. Kirin looked so good in that outfit in the ED, but Claudia was just perfection.
RobJul 2, 2017 3:26 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 9, 2018 1:52 PM

Apr 2013
Pretty much continue the same way it ended, at this point I have no hopes anymore for decent fanservice and just want some good fights.
Mar 26, 2019 9:21 PM

Jul 2013
OP and ED like in S1 really good, even if prefer the OP of the S1 more. So the tournament goes on and like I thought everyone knows about Ayatos handicap. Their opponents were strong and especially Ayato had big problems. I had no idea which plan Julis made but her stategy worked perfect. There was no chance for their opponents to counter.

The next round seems to be a much harder one against these twins. At least Ayato will be in a better shape since then.

Julis got visited by hmm Flora, whoever this is :o

Apr 11, 2019 7:28 PM

Jan 2011
Not a bad start to what I understand will be the tournament arc. Think I'll read ahead in the LN before I watch the other episodes since I'm playing catch-up.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Dec 22, 2020 6:47 AM

Aug 2018
That was a pretty good opening fight. I'm glad to see a new loli joining the cast.
Feb 6, 2022 1:01 PM

May 2008
OP song wasn't bad, ED wasn't good, "Waiting for the rain" in season 1 was a true winner.

Pretty seamless step into season 2, only 'surprise' was the addition of Flora.

Not enough Saya and no eechi at all, seriously bad decisions
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2016

152 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 31, 7:07 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2016

82 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 31, 6:39 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2016

80 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 31, 6:12 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2016

104 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 28, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2016

78 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 28, 6:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.