Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ajin: Demi-Human
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 24, 2016 6:27 AM

Apr 2013
Amazing. Really love the BGM and the tone and atmosphere of the show is done very well. Quite the suspense~ Looking forward for the next.
Jan 24, 2016 7:06 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that makes everything dark and cruel, both the plot and the narrative are one-way, difficult to make a mistake and say that over the incidents the situation for the protagonist milgiorerà fact this idea seems to be confirmed by the promo at the end of episode. Anime series for tough stomachs, shame that the events depicted is being performed in the evening, many scenes not seen well. CG still not perfect, I'm looking forward to the BD version. Pleasant is the opening that the ending.
Jan 24, 2016 7:18 AM

Mar 2012
Look i don't think it's fair to judge an anime based soley on the animation. it is the story and hpw it is developed is what i see as the crucial factor that makes a series great.

I will agree the frame rate for this one is far lower than other cgi animated anime such as Arpeggio and Knights of Sidonia( there frame rates were better) but i like how still..people really should give it a try.

One real critical factor this series has to its advantage to compensate for the animation is the solid soundtrack...who ever composed it did a good job..it makes it easier to watch and fits the style..and the plot of the story i am still interested.

Also this might be a little biased but i also love it when a character has some kind of shadowy or ghost-like powers ..haha. i think this is a keeper.

One last thing for confirmation..so the Aijin movies are pretty much the same as the anime except the series seem to have a bit more animated scenes than the films correct?
Jan 24, 2016 7:32 AM

Sep 2014
There was a good chunk of extra content on this episode compared to the movie, so that was nice. I didn't feel as much suspense as in the movie, so maybe that's the price for the extra content.(oridkI'mweird)

Comic_Sans said:
Uhm, ok, so... what happened to that school girl?

Is she going to appear again or was she just there for the sake of making those bandits look like assholes?

If I remember correctly, in the movie there was a part a little after they escape where the cop mentions a girl reporting hearing screams. Maybe that's why they added her to that capture scene. That's my only guess :c
Jan 24, 2016 8:28 AM

Aug 2014
I thought the Animation was a bit distracting and came off as robotic and wooden for me.
Jan 24, 2016 8:45 AM

Aug 2014
I'm beginning to regret watching the movie, but I'd lie if I said I didn't know the episodes wouldn't really differ. Oh, well.

I'm in love with the opening and ending, definitely the best set of this season, imo.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Jan 24, 2016 9:16 PM

Jun 2013
-ShadowClaw- said:
One real critical factor this series has to its advantage to compensate for the animation is the solid soundtrack...who ever composed it did a good job..it makes it easier to watch and fits the style..and the plot of the story i am still interested.

Composer is Yugo Kanno. He did the Psycho Pass OST, which was also great and really fitting. He seems to be pretty good with setting the mood for dark shows.
Jan 24, 2016 9:19 PM

Sep 2015
Hurray for the subbed OP.
Kai is such a bro. This episode was intense, I figure the schoolgirl is gonna make a reappearance? At any rate, enjoyed it. 4/5
Jan 25, 2016 3:56 AM
Apr 2015
my eyes still need adjusting for the horrid cgi but i'm glad i didn't drop this. that was intense.
Jan 25, 2016 4:52 AM
Jul 2015
Aside from the way they walk, the CGI isn't bad.

Awesome episode. Wish we could binge it :(
Jan 25, 2016 11:44 AM

Jan 2010
Ost 10/10

The best soundtrack of season
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Jan 25, 2016 11:57 PM

Oct 2008
This anime is worth the HYPE!
OP is really cool and the very intense BGM!
5/5!
matias067Jan 26, 2016 12:00 AM

Jan 26, 2016 1:37 AM

Dec 2013
I was wondering how did that school girl managed to find the strength to break free and run away. it's not an easy task even for an adult male especially when you're being tied up with your hands at the back.. I guess they didn't want to involve innocent in that train wreck
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 26, 2016 6:12 AM

Jul 2009
Kaito must be an ajin too...
I guess Kei is different from others, since the 'shadow'(?) leaves his body and kill people or they are all like that?
Jan 26, 2016 10:11 AM

Jan 2015
Another good episode and the next one seems like it's gonna be good as well
That black unnamed creature was cool to see, Kei created it without noticing, gonna be interesting
His friend though, showing the bromance saving Kei
The CG doesn't even bother me anymore, instead I think it really fits the atmosphere of the show
Music was good and this is turning out to be a good anime, had expectations for it and it's not disappointing me
3.5/5
Jan 26, 2016 11:30 AM

Mar 2011
Great usage of the BGM. Really enhances the intense ambiance especially when the shadowy thing popped out. Gotta admit I'm more curious to know about how Ajins work and if the shadow will continue to save Kei when it comes to dire situations.

I notice the animation seems a bit slower than before, the characters movements looking more clunky, but the atmosphere and BGM made it watchable and still entertaining to watch. 4/5
Jan 26, 2016 1:42 PM
Sep 2012
the background music is such good shit
Jan 26, 2016 6:09 PM

Sep 2012
Accelority said:
I really love this! But still, why the hell does Kei have to wear a helmet? He can't die anyways. xD ... That ending, though.

Why does he wear the helmet? Cause like the episode just told us, he still feels the pain. Even if you were immortal, would you like to die and feel unneeded pain just because you didn't want to wear a helmet? Remember kids: Drive safe, wear a helmet. Only idiots that deserve to die (like those thugs) don't need to wear helmets.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Jan 27, 2016 5:56 AM

Aug 2015
AthrunZ29 said:
Accelority said:
I really love this! But still, why the hell does Kei have to wear a helmet? He can't die anyways. xD ... That ending, though.

Why does he wear the helmet? Cause like the episode just told us, he still feels the pain. Even if you were immortal, would you like to die and feel unneeded pain just because you didn't want to wear a helmet? Remember kids: Drive safe, wear a helmet. Only idiots that deserve to die (like those thugs) don't need to wear helmets.

If you say it like this it almost seems like you think it doesn't hurt when you fall off a fullspeed motorcycle with a helmet.
Chicken is love, chicken is life ~ ♥
Jan 27, 2016 7:56 AM

Aug 2015
Madlib said:
Great episode and so intense. I thought the kidnapped girl would end up teaming up with them and escape together. Anyone know if she's going to have a role in all of this?

lol no she was more fodder then a penny on ground
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2016 5:39 PM

Sep 2012
Accelority said:

If you say it like this it almost seems like you think it doesn't hurt when you fall off a fullspeed motorcycle with a helmet.

What? I hope you know that you were the one that was thinking just because Kei is immortal, he doesn't need to wear a helmet. He wears a helmet because he would rather not fall off a speeding motorcycle and crack his damn head open. He was already recalling the pain of getting smashed by that truck. Not to mention, he's been living a normal life so putting a helmet on, regardless of immortality or not, is a normal action.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Jan 28, 2016 9:05 AM

Aug 2014
i honestly thought the high school girl would join kei and kaito on the run. eh, can't say i feel sorry for the two bastards though.

so kei's ajin can be separated from his body? but for how long? would it stay separated? does it need to eat and drink as well since it wanted to go to the bathroom? can it be seen on camera? like would the cctv catch it?

surely there are more ajin in hiding, right?
Jan 28, 2016 10:35 PM
Jan 2016
This episode was a lot better than the first. I was afraid i wouldn't enjoy the anime as much as the manga, but episode 2 was good. The pacing is more even, the direction isn't as messy, and Miyano Mamoru isn't projecting his upbeat personality onto his character like in the first episode.

The artstyle is growing on me, too. Reminds me of MegaTen.
Jan 29, 2016 3:36 PM

Jun 2013
those two "friends" are fucking assholes and thos criminals got what they deserved and cool ost
Jan 30, 2016 10:34 AM

Dec 2008
Everybody needs a friend like Kai!
Jan 30, 2016 2:22 PM
Oct 2011
This is off to such a great start.

TheGeniusBaka said:
AS EVERYONE HAS ALREADY SAID
THAT OST IS DAMN BAD ASS

It's so damned good!
Jan 30, 2016 3:45 PM

Oct 2013

All Japan chasing after him, and he doesn't care about hiding his face like telling them "I'm here". Not mentioning what happened with that motorbike guy.
Waiting for him to get some character development, because now he's the worst thing in the series. Overall the ep was good.
Jan 30, 2016 4:41 PM

Nov 2013
Inugirlz said:
GiveMeHaru said:
I almost cried watching this ep.
I enjoyed it so much its really good!

The thought of Kei experencing death many times really hurts. HE IS STILL HUMAN WHO FEEL PAIN. Its so sad.

I loved the train scene so much it was well done.
Can't wait till next week ugh this anime is great....

Exactly, which is why this show will be so annoying. Humans are assholes. The guy even said Ajin's aren't a threat. So why you hunting them down and treating them worst than you treat criminals? Ugh

My final thoughts: Poor train. Train didn't deserve that. That is all.

honestly i think that guy was lying. remember the first episode and that ajins are humans and humans are assholes by nature. now imagine a human that cannot die. it excludes some barriers and you can do pretty much everything. i hope they show this side of ajins.

back to the episode, it's getting more interesting, but all the compliments for sound staff. perfect ost and op/ed

4/5
yaoi_senpaiJan 30, 2016 4:46 PM

My momma, your momma, gonna catch a witch,
My momma, your momma, flying on a switch,
My momma, your momma, witches never cry,
My momma, your momma, witches gonna die!

AWC 2017 | Anime list | Manga list
Jan 30, 2016 6:13 PM
Apr 2014
Holy shit. Being immortal is one thing but that creature is awesome as fuck. Considering the flashbacks of ep1 I suppose that is the thing Kei owes his immortality to and probably more abilities?

On a side note -> Kind of surprising that one with such a high rank in society is an Ajin. Wouldn't they use any single one they can find for experiments considering the height of the bounty? So either they don't know that Shimomura and Tosaki are Ajin (I mean Tosaki confirmed it already) or there is something really weird going on besides immortal people.

Also it looked like Kei actually had one "friend" in school. That one guy did look concerned. Might be concerned about Kei unlike the other two guys. Man I'm so unsure which direction this is going >.> This could really go any way. I love anime like that.

Inugirlz said:

Exactly, which is why this show will be so annoying. Humans are assholes. The guy even said Ajin's aren't a threat. So why you hunting them down and treating them worst than you treat criminals? Ugh

My final thoughts: Poor train. Train didn't deserve that. That is all.

It's exactly because humans are assholes. I thought the same when they said Ajin are harmless but it's pretty obvious why they still treat them like animals(not so much criminals. They simply use the police etc. to achieve their goal of catching Ajin). It was even said a few times by now in both episodes. They "officially" know almost nothing about Ajin. So they are hunting and capturing them to learn more about them. Human experiments are cruel but it is exactly because humans are assholes that they handle the situation the way they do.
NanashiJan 30, 2016 6:21 PM
Jan 30, 2016 6:41 PM

Jul 2009
Koshka_ said:
honestly i think that guy was lying. remember the first episode and that ajins are humans and humans are assholes by nature. now imagine a human that cannot die. it excludes some barriers and you can do pretty much everything. i hope they show this side of ajins.

I wouldn't say the guy was lying. The question isn't whether ajin are "dangerous" but whether they are a "threat" or not. Sure they can be dangerous if they stop your movements and then proceed to hurt you. But they're only a threat if they actually do bad things. Most of the ajin don't. Especially the main character. He wouldn't just been a normal kid if they didn't track him down and force him to defend himself.

Even if one could never die, they still feel pain, so I'm sure the threat of pain would be a deterrent for any ajin that wanted to constantly cause problems for society. No one wants to be shot millions of times.
Jan 30, 2016 11:30 PM

Jun 2014
God I am loving this so far. The voice of the Ajin is SO GOOD
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Feb 1, 2016 12:09 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That frame rate.
Really exciting series otherwise. The sound effects and music are top notch.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 4, 2016 9:23 AM

Jun 2011
So far the MC has...
1. Crashed into a vehicle
2. Been hit on the head with a baseball bat
3. Been strangulated

All during the course of a single day. Damn. That's too much infliction of physical pain in a short time-span.

The mummy-like shadow creature seems to be, on one level, a manifestation of Kei's conscious and/or subconscious desires. He wished for the thugs chasing him to die and the creature executed it, to his complete oblivion. Of course there has to be more about it than meets the eye and I'm curious about that. Is its existence unique to Kei's case or do the other Ajins also have one for each of them?

Kai's being able to prematurely break from the temporary immobilisation during the scene of confrontation with the thugs is interesting. And considering the fact that the show had him explicitly wonder about it to himself, it's fortunately not a mere plot convenience and is bound to be addressed eventually. I have a feeling there's something out-of-the-ordinary about Kai too.

The train scene was thrilling to say the least. Speaking of which, the entire episode was quite a ride and kept me on the edge of my seat. Part of the credit goes to the background score. I'm digging it.
Feb 6, 2016 7:43 PM

Feb 2013
Another intense episode. I am loving this.
Feb 9, 2016 1:24 AM

Jan 2015
WizilizFeb 9, 2016 1:46 AM
Feb 9, 2016 11:31 AM

Mar 2013
Is it me or Ajin looks like a Tokyo Ghoul remake... ?
Mar 2, 2016 3:34 AM

Jan 2016
i liked this one. better than the 1st episode
4/5
Mar 3, 2016 7:52 PM

Mar 2012
WillKamio said:
Ost 10/10

The best soundtrack of season

THIS.

and can i be shallow and say that izumi is really cute with that mole and the hair and
Mar 5, 2016 11:44 AM

Oct 2012
Even better. Polygon sure knows how to make their action intensive.

Think I've found my new favorite anime of this season.
Mar 18, 2016 11:47 PM

Apr 2012
didnt the guys in the van need fuel
Apr 14, 2016 5:55 AM
May 2012
Bye fuckers! That felt good.
I'm really enjoying this. Yoshimasa and Mamoru are both awesome.
Apr 16, 2016 6:18 PM

Mar 2015
Is it just me or is CGI allowing for better facial expressions in general? It's the little movements that conventional animation seems to have difficulty capturing that doesn't look difficult for CGI.. great stuff.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 18, 2016 6:43 PM

Mar 2012
That was a cool episode. The "I really need to take a piss" at the end was good too lol.
Apr 24, 2016 11:20 PM
Jun 2013
finally those asses got killed. I kinda like the design of the ajin. I wonder if the girl was just there to show how big of scumbugs the two guys were or will she appear again.
May 6, 2016 9:05 AM
Dec 2014
So fucking kicking-ass soundtrack, is music that "is with the ambience", good anime start.
May 12, 2016 8:25 AM

Jun 2013
Absolutely teriffic episode!
May 20, 2016 1:32 AM

Sep 2011
Dayuuum this is turning out to be a lot better than I anticipated!
May 25, 2016 6:41 AM

May 2014
That school girl seems dangerous cause she witnessed everything...
Those bad guys deserved to die lol
Jun 20, 2016 6:08 PM

Dec 2015
This is looking like it is going to be really good! Eeeeee!
Aug 31, 2016 5:34 AM

Jan 2012
what a power , voice and ghost .
what a way to die.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» One of the worst Adaptation's Ever

Naveen6662246 - May 29

10 by myrmidon_mamori »»
May 29, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2016

259 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2016

155 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 10:46 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

148 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 10:22 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

81 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 10:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.