Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 23, 2016 7:31 AM

Dec 2015
Is there an anime that you have struggled to finish? Reasons for it could be anything, ranging from plot that goes nowhere, boring, cant find time to actually watch it etc. Note that the currently airing ones DO NOT COUNT, because they are still ongoing, thus it has no end (yet). The end result can be both satisfying or not, mention some anime that was worth the struggle if u have any :)

Edit:It looks like Clannad is the hardest one to finish.

For me personally the hardest sht to complete was Saekano & Asterisk.
RobiiiiMar 4, 2016 2:40 AM
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 23, 2016 7:41 AM

Jul 2013
struggled to finish yu yu hackusho in the end. felt like a choir.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Jan 23, 2016 7:42 AM

Jan 2013
I couldn't finish Infinite Stratos Season 2, Koukai Senjou no Horizon, Nana or Guilty Crown.

I usually pride myself in being patient with shows and accepting of the characters in them but some shows just go out of their way to make you hate the people in them.

I've also mistakenly picked up yuri and yaoi anime, though I did get as far as episode 5 in No. 6. I don't mind homosexuality though. I finished Shin Sekai Yori no problem, as long as the sexuality actually makes sense . If it's there just for the sake of fetish reasons then, since I don't share those fetishes, into the trash they go.

Weirdly enough, I usually only struggle to start anime. Once I get a good way through I can usually finish it with a few exceptions.
Jan 23, 2016 7:43 AM

Feb 2013
Psycho Pass, it wasn't really my thing and just wanted to finish it to see what all the hype was about, but seriously, it bored me to death, since that I've never forced myself to finish something, not worth it.

Jan 23, 2016 7:44 AM

Nov 2015
Also, on topic, it took me almost 2 months to complete Nisemonogatari because I really dislike the Araragi sisters.
Jan 23, 2016 7:45 AM

Dec 2015
TitanAnteus said:
I couldn't finish Infinite Stratos Season 2, Koukai Senjou no Horizon, Nana or Guilty Crown.

I usually pride myself in being patient with shows and accepting of the characters in them but some shows just go out of their way to make you hate the people in them.

I've also mistakenly picked up yuri and yaoi anime, though I did get as far as episode 5 in No. 6. I don't mind homosexuality though. I finished Shin Sekai Yori no problem, as long as the sexuality actually makes sense . If it's there just for the sake of fetish reasons then, since I don't share those fetishes, into the trash they go.

Weirdly enough, I usually only struggle to start anime. Once I get a good way through I can usually finish it with a few exceptions.

Interesting...I wanted to give Infinite Stratos a go for a while now....hmmm
RobiiiiJan 23, 2016 8:16 AM
Jan 23, 2016 7:45 AM

Jul 2010
one of the biggest anime I was struggling to finish was Soul eater wasn't really a big fan of this, so watching it felt really slow
Jan 23, 2016 7:46 AM

Nov 2015
TitanAnteus said:

That one kiss in No.6 is the only "gay" thing that happens the entire series. It's a good watch you should try to finish it just for shits and gigs.

Feb 2015
I usually drop if I struggle watching a series, but these three that I did finish come to mind:

-Fate/Zero due to a lack of action and way too much boring talk.
-Log Horizon 2nd season. That second half was boring and slow.
-Sword Art Online's second half wasn't exactly great...

Apr 2015
Clannad was a fucking nightmare. Oh my. That forced/terrible comedy in the first season that I HAD to sit through to understand the second season which apparently was "sew sed, sew depressing, much masterpiss". The second season made me just sit there and say "I don't care". And then an ending that negated everything "sad" that HAPPENED!

I rated season one a two and season two a three.
JkayWJan 23, 2016 8:03 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2016 7:52 AM

Jan 2014
I'd have to say Aldonoah Zero and Angel beats.
The first for just being annoying and the later for being boring and annoying
Jan 23, 2016 7:55 AM

Sep 2010
Clannad cause it was boring af.

Zankyou no terror because it was so boring and ridiculous for many reasons. I put it on-hold for months around ep 6, and then forced myself to finish it because I started to finish my on-holds because it annoys me to have on-holds.

And the nightmare called Code Geass. I have no clue how I managed to watch it completely without dropping. Never again.

Oh yeah, and Umineko no naku koro ni. It was fucking horrible, oh my goat.
Jan 23, 2016 7:56 AM

Jan 2009
SRW OG: Divine Wars
It took me 3 tries to finish it and the only reasons I did was so I could watch the sequel.
The CGI was some of the shitties I have ever seen. Some of the mechs looked so bad it made me nauseous

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Jan 23, 2016 7:56 AM

Aug 2015
Hyouka . Saw some of my friends giving it a 10 in their list . So became curious what can possibly be so good about this show ? To my disappointment , it was 24 episodes of endless episodic boredom.
Jan 23, 2016 7:57 AM

Jun 2015
blood plus...but it was rewarding at the end

and im seriously struggling to complete your lie in april. Its boring af....nothing ever happens and they drag 2-3 episodes to complete 1 competition.

set by secret santa ; thank you! ily ♥️
Jan 23, 2016 8:01 AM

May 2010
Kill Me Baby, Cromartie High School and Clannad. These three bored me more than any other anime I've watched so far. I can easily finish something I find bad. What takes real effort to complete are shows I find boring. I honestly wish I could bring myself to drop anime as easily as I do live-action shows.
Jan 23, 2016 8:06 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Usually I don't finish the anime I find boring and struggling to finish.

...but when I did, it's Absolute Duo......because my heart believed it was going to be good

....my heart was wrong, big time.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jan 23, 2016 8:11 AM

Nov 2015
2 episodes into Mahouka and I'm struggling already..
Otherwise I'd say Tokyo Ghoul (the third quarter was a trainwreck),Baka to test and Bokusatsu Tenshi dokuro-chan (both were straight up offensive and insulting to the brain)..
Jan 23, 2016 8:13 AM

Dec 2015
RayAdha said:
Usually I don't finish the anime I find boring and struggling to finish.

...but when I did, it's Absolute Duo......because my heart believed it was going to be good

....my heart was wrong, big time.

Agree with u 100% So glad I dropped it
Jan 23, 2016 8:14 AM

Apr 2015
Every fate/ series, SAO, SnK, Aldnoah.Zero (OH GOD NEVER MECHA AGAIN), Clannad, and anything that I dropped after one episode or less.
Jan 23, 2016 8:17 AM

Mar 2015
Serial Experiments Lain

I know its fantastic but I haven't been able to finish it

When I started I was sick as hell and it was a pain, i'll probably start it back up someday

InducedPhobia said:
Every fate/ series, SAO, SnK, Aldnoah.Zero (OH GOD NEVER MECHA AGAIN), Clannad, and anything that I dropped after one episode or less.

If you think Aldnoah.Zero is a representation of all mecha you really don't know what mecha is, at least watch what Aldnoah.Zero tried to copy, Layzner

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
ShockedJan 24, 2016 11:38 AM
Jan 23, 2016 8:18 AM

Jul 2015
For me it was Monster, there were points of genuine interest but they were few and far between. For something that was around 70 episodes or so i felt the payoff was unsatisfying as well. The first season of Clannad was a struggle too
Jan 23, 2016 8:26 AM

Dec 2015
It was hard for me to watch Bakemonogatari when i first started, since i kept falling asleep in the middle of every episode for the first 5 episodes.
I guess the all the dialogue just bored me.
Don't get me wrong though, in the end i did enjoy it but i think i just needed to get used to all the talking.
Jan 23, 2016 8:28 AM

Apr 2015
NateMKII said:
If you think Aldnoah.Zero is a representation of all mecha you really don't know what mecha is, at least watch what Aldnoah.Zero tried to copy, Layzner

I like a few mecha series like Gundam SEED and Evangelion. I didn't really think it was a good representation of the genre, it's just that it showed a lot of promise at the start and I now have trust issues with mecha anime. Will look into Layzner though, thanks :)

JewellTH said:
@InducedPhobia
>Carnival Phantasm
>Chore to watch
>Boring
Pick one.

To be fair, I haven't tried every fate/ series out. I've looked into UBW and Zero (admittedly Zero was better than UBW) and I just found the cast to be boring. The premise and plot execution felt better in Zero though. Still didn't seem like the anime for me, but I can understand why other people like it.
InducedPhobiaJan 23, 2016 8:33 AM
Jan 23, 2016 8:28 AM

Aug 2015
Hunterxhuter 2011...cant understand what is the hype behind this show....& legends say hxh fanbase are still saying it is underrated
Jan 23, 2016 8:34 AM

Mar 2015
InducedPhobia said:
NateMKII said:

I like a few mecha series like Gundam SEED and Evangelion. I didn't really think it was a good representation of the genre, it's just that it showed a lot of promise at the start and I now have trust issues with mecha anime. Will look into Layzner though, thanks :)

JewellTH said:
@InducedPhobia
>Carnival Phantasm
>Chore to watch
>Boring
Pick one.

To be fair, I haven't tried every fate/ series out. I've looked into UBW and Zero (admittedly Zero was better than UBW) and I just found the cast to be boring. The premise and plot execution felt better in Zero though. Still didn't seem like the anime for me, but I can understand why other people like it.

Yeah Aldnoah.Zero is like that, but if you're going to watch Layzner skip the last episode and watch the 3rd ova instead, it replaces the last episode.
Jan 23, 2016 8:35 AM

Jul 2015
Tokyo Ghoul Root A. I hated it. 12 episodes and it still took me soooooooooooo long to finish
Jan 23, 2016 8:38 AM

Apr 2015
Hayth said:
Tokyo Ghoul Root A. I hated it. 12 episodes and it still took me soooooooooooo long to finish

The only reason I'd watch that hot garbage is if I was an absolute superfan of the manga and I really, REALLY wanted to know the alternate route.
Jan 23, 2016 8:44 AM

Mar 2015
endless eight. seriously, WTF kyoani? are you high or somthing?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 23, 2016 8:49 AM

Aug 2014
JkayW said:
Clannad was a fucking nightmare...
Ninius said:
Clannad cause it was boring af...
And the nightmare called Code Geass.
Shima_XIX said:
...and Clannad. These three bored me more than any other anime I've watched so far.
JewellTH said:
JkayW said:
JewellTH said:

Yeah, I know bro. Oreimo was pretty bad.
InducedPhobia said:
Every ... Clannad, and anything that I dropped after one episode or less.

I've seen so many negative comments about Clannad, not only in this particular thread but also many others, and little to none bothers to defend it. I thought it was a solid top10 material for MAL, so where are the fans now? Can clannad really make you cry out of boredom? lol
HaeduansJan 23, 2016 9:06 AM
Jan 23, 2016 8:50 AM

Mar 2015
Kuma said:

Endless Eight was good from an immersion perspective

It was one of those things good in theory, but a terrible idea when actually executed
Jan 23, 2016 8:51 AM

Dec 2015
Honestly it was Steins;Gate during those first 7 episodes I think. Once it picked up I couldn't get enough. It did take me quite a while to finish the first half of the show.

NateMKII said:
Kuma said:

It was one of those things good in theory, but a terrible idea when actually executed

Oh yea, good call. I almost forgot about this. I honestly thought I was watching the same episode over again, I didn't know that was what they were doing until the 3rd time in. I stopped after that, and then watched an episode a day because it was annoying. Then when they told us the solution to the loop it pissed me off even more, so I put it on hold a while longer lol.
Jan 23, 2016 8:53 AM

Mar 2015
NateMKII said:
Kuma said:

oh yeah, lets repeat 8 episode with exactly same story. it's probably good idea.

no it's not.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 23, 2016 8:58 AM

Mar 2015
Kuma said:
NateMKII said:

oh yeah, lets repeat 8 episode with exactly same story. it's probably good idea.

no it's not.

Read what I said before, "from an immersion perspective"

It was a good idea in theory to make the viewer feel the same sort of feeling as Kyon, but they forgot to think about how annoying it would be. They should have done it just 2 or 3 times instead of 8.
LancimusPrimeJan 23, 2016 9:01 AM
Jan 23, 2016 8:58 AM
Jan 2016
Cowboy Bebop took me around 10 years to actually finish...

Not sure why.
Jan 23, 2016 9:07 AM

Mar 2015
NateMKII said:
Kuma said:

no it's not.

It was a good idea in theory to make the viewer feel the same sort of feeling as Kyon, but they forgot to think about how annoying it would be. They should have done it just 2 or 3 times instead of 8.
no, even with immesion perspective. kyon feelings also reset everytime, we are not. and no, i don't really has problem with repeating. mushishi has episode with 4 timeline, and i am complitely okay with it, even one of best episode i ever watch. steins gate too.
Jan 23, 2016 9:07 AM

May 2009
Durarara, Wolf's Rain and Bersek. Durarara had such a slow start and too many characters, it was easy to lose interest. Thankfuly I stuck with it, the ending was really good! Wolf's Rain was a lot less interesting than I hoped, but somehow I sat thorugh the whole show. Would not really recommend. As for Berserk, I've already started reading the manga when I decided to give the anime a shot, so the story was nothing new, and in combination with the old animation, it took me a while to watch the whole thing.

Shows that I think suck super bad or boring are just not worth my time, so I drop them. That doesnt count as "stuggle to finish" in ym book.

A bigger problem for me is stuggleing to start. Monogatari 2nd Season, Your Lie in April and Chihayafuru are shows I really want to finish, but have difficulties getting into. Durarara was one of those anime as well.
Jan 23, 2016 9:09 AM

Feb 2015
OnePunchMan

Fucking Gintama.
i enjoy it and like it, but damn 201 episode for the first season!!!
YizelTroJan 23, 2016 9:13 AM
Jan 23, 2016 9:22 AM
May 2013
Took me years too complete the second season of Gundam 00. I think I kept it on hold when I was an eighth grader or something. I completed it when I was on my 5th semester in uni.

I guess I forgot that Gundam was on my watching list and I kinda lost interest back then, probably because I thought it was a bit too serious.
Jan 23, 2016 9:24 AM

Aug 2015
I enjoy most anime and don't find much watching to be a chore, however I couldn't stand watching Toaru Majutsu no Index.

Altough I've heard tons of good things about the LN and second season, I can't motivate myself to watch another season of that shit. Never met a MC that could piss my off, and be soo damn boring.
Jan 23, 2016 9:25 AM

Jul 2015
Anything I rate 7 is rated 7 mostly because I had to work out a bit to finish it .Not that I didn't like it but some parts were just meh .

I don't need to explain the lower scores .
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Jan 23, 2016 9:27 AM

Jul 2013
Mahouka, so boring and slow I almost felt asleep watching it.
Jan 23, 2016 9:31 AM

May 2009
Kuma said:
NateMKII said:

no, even with immesion perspective. kyon feelings also reset everytime, we are not. and no, i don't really has problem with repeating. mushishi has episode with 4 timeline, and i am complitely okay with it, even one of best episode i ever watch. steins gate too.

I think he meant Yuki, not Kyon. Her memories are not reset.
Jan 23, 2016 9:31 AM

Jan 2013
Seikon no Qwaser (2nd season was worse)
Yugioh Duel Monsters GX (Worst Yugi series)

Shinsekai Yori ... It's a great anime but every episode is like a full movie, dont know how to explain it, took me a month to finish.
Jan 23, 2016 9:34 AM

Mar 2015
Crochax said:
Kuma said:
except she has no feeling in the first place.
Jan 23, 2016 9:36 AM

Mar 2015
Kuma said:
Crochax said:

Did you even watch the movie, its her feelings that cause the whole movie
Jan 23, 2016 9:42 AM

Mar 2015
NateMKII said:
Kuma said:
that's why the movie and endless eight is irronicaly contradict each other (unlike fans claim that movie happened because endless eight). nagato supposed don't have feelings, it shown in endless because she repeat hundred thousand times and don't give a shit. or even their frands panicked (kyon to be exact) because there is no future, she still don't give a shit. but suddenly, she has feelings on movie? what?
Jan 23, 2016 9:44 AM

Mar 2015
Kuma said:
NateMKII said:
that's why the movie and endless eight is irronicaly contradict each other (unlike fans claim that movie happened because endless eight). nagato supposed don't have feelings, it shown in endless because she repeat hundred thousand times and don't give a shit. or even their frands panicked (kyon to be exact) because there is no future, she still don't give a shit. but suddenly, she has feelings on movie? what?

Someone didn't pay attention when watching
Jan 23, 2016 9:44 AM

May 2015
Currently making my way through Isshuukan Friends for the Anime Challenge. Boyohboyohboyohboy.
Also, Yosuga no Sora. Cartoon morphine.
Jan 23, 2016 9:48 AM

Mar 2015
NateMKII said:
Kuma said:
Someone didn't pay attention when watching
i don't really has good memories so correct me if i am wrong., but as far as i watch all of endless 8, nagato always calm, even kyon mad at her. she doesn't really care about repeating things. than in movie,
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Making time to watch anime in daily life.

9765 - 5 hours ago

15 by ixaa »»
3 minutes ago

» Anime characters you would give a big hug too?

Mattenan - 12 hours ago

18 by MinakoBestGirl »»
11 minutes ago

» Modern chill anime osts like these?

Atmogenic - 2 hours ago

3 by Atmogenic »»
27 minutes ago

» Anime you wouldn't watch?

coolyfruity - Yesterday

35 by aanj1n »»
39 minutes ago

» Anime ratings on MAL vs IMDB

Unalina - Nov 17, 2020

24 by DesuMaiden »»
42 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.