Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Dec 20, 2015 11:47 AM

Mar 2015
namedrisk said:
Fact is, the anime was okish, 6~7/10 last episode blow down the ranking for sure.

It wasn't as amazing as I bet everyone was expecting it to be not counting the people who read the manga as they already knew what to expect from it. But for as a viewer of the anime alone I was expecting it to be way more epic than this.

Wtf? Everyone lives happily after ending, please give me a break.

Beside why I didnt get more tatsumaki? I lacked way too much tatsumaki please make a Tatsuamki One Physic or something, need moar tatsumaki!

And at last I leave you with a few words to reflect on:

"Hissatsu maji series: maji naguri"

Because it isn't over yet, the story continues through the manga and perhaps a 2nd season in the future
Dec 20, 2015 11:47 AM

Feb 2013
Fun was had but it could have been a lot more.
Not sure if this is worth a 6 or 7 out of 10 but I'll go with the latter for now.
Dec 20, 2015 11:48 AM

Dec 2014
That was just awesome, Amazing fight, Amazing Ost, Madhouse out did themselves.

Time to pick up the manga :D

That ending though, Saitama back to one punch XD
Dec 20, 2015 11:49 AM

Feb 2011
Tylaen said:
Zeando said:
] disagree he can just ignore them

No point In taking my time to write shit down, if I'm going to ignore everything.

so negative, what if someone ends up agreeing with you and you can both talk about how much you liked/disliked this show?
or you're so sure 100% of any reply to anything you'll write will be a disagreement?

(got to go, have fun)

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"

Dec 2008
MightyM16 said:
Because it isn't over yet, the story continues through the manga and perhaps a 2nd season in the future

Exactly why I excluded the manga readers from my comment.

Dec 2013
that
was
AWESOME !
Dec 20, 2015 11:52 AM

Jun 2013
KilluaX4 said:
FloatsBoats said:
That last fight was a little underwhelming, I much preferred his training fight with Genos to that. Overall it was still rather fun so I'm not too worried, and it looks like we'll probably get a sequel.

What part of it was underwhelming? SAITAMA GOT KICKED TO THE MOON COME ON.

Wowzers, so exciting.
Dec 20, 2015 11:52 AM

Dec 2012
pakkit said:
tsudecimo said:

It lacks one of the main/key aspects of a battle anime. Stakes.

Rubbish, when do stakes in shounen anime ever amount to anything considering we know the good guys are always gonna win. Sure, you can even make them loose once in a while but they'll always come back and win later on.

The best part about the battles in OPM is the premise that the hero is the strongest person alive and builds on that in a way that is not cliched or repetitive.

That's basic writing 101. The stakes doesn't necessairly mean the protagonist or main characters would actually die, but there should always be established fear of loss. Something to give the conflict meaning beyond ''hurr durr I'm too OP''.

Main characters could lose something important to them, Major supporting characters could die. Some main character actually die. That's all forms of actual stakes in a conflict. But that's fundamentally absent from OPM, since to begin with the show is half assing whether it's serious or not, so it fundamentally lacks any stakes. The only stake I could see is Genos dying and that affecting Saitama because he developed a bond with him, etc, but that would probably never happen and will be used as a joke at one point in the series. There is nothing important or meaningful for Saitama to lose, he is apathetic about everything till the few moments when he thinks he has a worthy opponent, which fades away when he one punch them.

It's not like I actually care for stakes, especially in an anime like this. It has more prominent flaws than this. I was just responding to his notion that this is perfect for a battle manga even though it lacks something essential.
Dec 20, 2015 11:53 AM
Aug 2015
the only posting here are giving rating from 3-7 (except few)
this anime is 10/10 for me.
if you didn't enjoy the anime leave it why going with the hype (like someone said here) to be disappointed (1 time ok 2 time ok but 3 episode more means you actually want to watch it).I usually leave an anime as soon as it become annoying
Dec 20, 2015 11:54 AM

Apr 2013
Insanely divine episode. Loved it from start to finish - so freaking HYPE. Even thouh we know Saitama would win, this was amazingly executed with great animation, action sequences and ost, and just shows that the staff have really put in lots of effort. Kudos. Thank you Madhouse~ Pretty sad this ended. Will miss One Punch Man, even tho I read the manga.

Love how Tatsumaki rekt Genos at the end. Lol Saitama ^_^
10/10 superb series
Haters gonna hate, haters look so c000000l when they hate popular shows man. Lol.
Dec 20, 2015 11:55 AM

Mar 2015
namedrisk said:
MightyM16 said:

Exactly why I excluded the manga readers from my comment.

Well so why you were complaining about:

"Wtf? Everyone lives happily after ending, please give me a break."

That's to be expected, they did the same thing AOT season 1 did
Dec 20, 2015 11:56 AM

Apr 2015
Zeando said:
Tylaen said:

No point In taking my time to write shit down, if I'm going to ignore everything.

so negative, what if someone ends up agreeing with you and you can both talk about how much you liked/disliked this show?
or you're so sure 100% of any reply to anything you'll write will be a disagreement?

(got to go, have fun)

Not much point for me In continuing the conversation If someone Is agreeing with me, unless we're friends. I'm more concerned about the other party throwing strawmen.

Likewise, guy.
Dec 20, 2015 11:59 AM
Jul 2018
The fight between Saitama and Boros was so freaking intense!
Dec 20, 2015 12:00 PM

Sep 2011
10/10 episode, 9/10 series
This was fueling AWESOME! I love the concept of Saitama... in the end all it took was one serious punch to end it all... I just don't understand how people can say any other shounen protagonist can won against him. He's so fucking strong!

Also, you can't argue with elitists that didn't like the show for whatever reason. They're the kind of people who dislike epic stuff like Gurren Lagann, JoJo, etc.
Jan 2010
too bad theres 0 tension at all times since its gary stu man we know how everything is going to end nice animation htough
Aug 2015
tsudecimo said:
pakkit said:
<br />
<br />
Rubbish, when do stakes in shounen anime ever amount to anything considering we know the good guys are always gonna win. Sure, you can even make them loose once in a while but they&#039;ll always come back and win later on.<br />
<br />
The best part about the battles in OPM is the premise that the hero is the strongest person alive and builds on that in a way that is not cliched or repetitive.
<br />
That&#039;s basic writing 101. The stakes doesn&#039;t necessairly mean the protagonist or main characters would actually die, but there should always be established fear of loss. Something to give the conflict meaning beyond &#039;&#039;hurr durr I&#039;m too OP&#039;&#039;.<br />
<br />
Main characters could lose something important to them, Major supporting characters could die. Some main character actually die. That&#039;s all forms of actual stakes in a conflict. But that&#039;s fundamentally absent from OPM, since to begin with the show is half assing whether it&#039;s serious or not, so it fundamentally lacks any stakes. The only stake I could see is Genos dying and that affecting Saitama because he developed a bond with him, etc, but that would probably never happen and will be used as a joke at one point in the series. There is nothing important or meaningful for Saitama to lose, he is apathetic about everything till the few moments when he thinks he has a worthy opponent.<br />
<br />
It&#039;s not like I actually care for stakes, especially in an anime like this. It has more prominent flaws than this. I was just responding to his notion that this is perfect for a battle manga but it lacks something essential.

i don't understand why there should be stack at all. He is fighting to save the earth and to be a hero. If even him can't defeat the enemy nobody could so i think he have a huge responsibility.If he loses everybody's gonna die

Aug 2015
Not quite my tempo.
Dec 20, 2015 12:01 PM

Mar 2015
StardustReverie said:
too bad theres 0 tension at all times since its gary stu man we know how everything is going to end nice animation htough

You clearly doesn't understand the meaning of Gary Stu
Dec 20, 2015 12:02 PM

Mar 2013
10/10
Dec 20, 2015 12:04 PM

May 2013
Did Saitama slowed down when he was returning to earth? lol

Either way I would really like to watch more, sad that is over.
Dec 20, 2015 12:05 PM
Oct 2012
Tylaen said:
Not with this particular series. Waste of time.

Yet, spending the time to post 10 messages saying nothing isn't a waste of your time???

Tylaen said:
The best thing about anti-haters Is that they think that we somehow don't understand anything.

Not exactly proving them wrong are you? No, the anti-haters for the most part have a pretty good understanding of what motivates the haters.

Speaking of which, true hate is not vemon, true hate is apathy.

Jul 2014
This would be a 10/10 adaptation.

The OST, animation and following the manga are great parts in adapting a great anime.

PS : I just love seeing people debates such a useless thing. Enjor your day m8 !
Mar 2015

SAITAMA OP
Dec 20, 2015 12:06 PM
Mar 2015
zushakon said:
MeinKaiser said:

No offense but Naruto stomp OPM in every possible way
OPM will be never be known as a worldwide franchise that sells hundreds of millions all over the world

lol, shitty taste in its essence!

Fucking awesome episode and series though, too bad most people don't have the proper sensibility to appreciate it, just like with fine scotch and wine. Fucking plebians.

Most people do like OPM though. Just look at this episode's ratings here.
Dec 20, 2015 12:08 PM
Oct 2012
Verumir said:
Did Saitama slowed down when he was returning to earth?

Actually no. I liked that Mad House did most of the scene silently since he was in a vacuum, but in the manga he thought about things, he used the rock to gauge the minimum escape velocity he needed and then used the ship to take the impact that he caused.

As for the question about the Manga, the current arc would provide enough material for 12-13 episodes easily, the web comic is about 20-30 chapters ahead of the manga.
Dec 20, 2015 12:10 PM

Aug 2013
0/10
one punch man isn't one punch man
took at least 10 punch to defeat lord alien thing
this show sucks

Nah, that was awesome. Goddamn Madhouse, you know your shit. I honestly was a bit skeptic for a show about a guy who kill everything with one punch, but that animation brah... And the comedic timing was great.
Welp, let's just hope for a second season (even though this is almost impossible with Madhouse).
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 20, 2015 12:10 PM

Dec 2012
Userman said:
tsudecimo said:
<br />
That&#039;s basic writing 101. The stakes doesn&#039;t necessairly mean the protagonist or main characters would actually die, but there should always be established fear of loss. Something to give the conflict meaning beyond &#039;&#039;hurr durr I&#039;m too OP&#039;&#039;.<br />
<br />
Main characters could lose something important to them, Major supporting characters could die. Some main character actually die. That&#039;s all forms of actual stakes in a conflict. But that&#039;s fundamentally absent from OPM, since to begin with the show is half assing whether it&#039;s serious or not, so it fundamentally lacks any stakes. The only stake I could see is Genos dying and that affecting Saitama because he developed a bond with him, etc, but that would probably never happen and will be used as a joke at one point in the series. There is nothing important or meaningful for Saitama to lose, he is apathetic about everything till the few moments when he thinks he has a worthy opponent.<br />
<br />
It&#039;s not like I actually care for stakes, especially in an anime like this. It has more prominent flaws than this. I was just responding to his notion that this is perfect for a battle manga but it lacks something essential.

i don't understand why there should be stack at all. He is fighting to save the earth and to be a hero. If even him can't defeat the enemy nobody could so i think he have a huge responsibility.If he loses everybody's gonna die

That's the point he won't lose ever, because that's the premise of the show. Hence why it lacks stakes.
Dec 20, 2015 12:11 PM

Aug 2011
tsudecimo said:
Pretty disappointing fight. Show had the potential to have some substance, it chose not to. And went from mediocrity to being subpar. I did like Genos (for his voice actor if nothing else) nothing else is redeeming about the show. Grew to dislike Saitama by each passing episode. Awful humor, un-creative choreography, underwhelming experience in general. Show basically became a parody of itself after the early episodes, hypocritical in essence.

A shame that talented key animators and a good director were wasted on such bad writing.

4/10. I will pass, if a second season happens.

The fact that it was disappointing shows that you had a lot of expectation. can't be disappointed if you had no expectation in the first place. More so the higher the disappointment is.

Anyway, everyone has the right to their opinion but, majority counts and I do believe that you and any supporters you have is in the minority.

Jan 2013
tsudecimo said:
juicykitten95 said:

but it has battles, therefore its a legit battle anime

I didn't say it wasn't. He said this was a perfect battle manga, I replied that it lacks an important aspect (implying that it wouldn't be perfect without it)

oh ok, y this isnt a perfect battle manga

but it did perfectly represent just how boring it is to have so much power,i think many of us were able to relate with saitama and his anticlimatic hero life. Even the serious punch felt underwhelming cuz saitama still did not put much effort

May 2012
I didn't feel this way in the manga, but it was sorta sad seeing Boros die.

8/10 from me

Wonder when the 2nd season anouncement'll be announced

Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
6/10 to the series.

The pretty visuals & animation was best part of this show.

Really enjoyed most of side-characters. Favorite were probably Genos and Tatsumaki

.. but this 9gag meme humor bs just ruined all the enjoyment for me :/

EDIT: Battle shounen parody indeed.. but reason I love shounen is high stakes/thrill of battles.. and powerups/mental state...and seeing how exactly hero wins...

Whilst OPM .. there is no excitement. you entirely know that Saitama is some uber GOD character whose Full power Punch would probably blow up whole universe.. and that's what I hate about this show.. This "meme" humor...is just something I really hate.

Biggest difference between Gintama & OPM
Gintama doesn't hide of what Anime (references) they are making fun of.
Whilst OPM had these "hidden" references which mocked the actual show.

In a nutshell. If this would been more serious Battle Shounen i would probably love it.. But I just despise this meme humor..
DesolatePsycheDec 20, 2015 12:16 PM
Dec 20, 2015 12:14 PM

Sep 2013
PERFECT/5 Episode
10/10 anime
Based Madhouse
Enough Said.
Dec 20, 2015 12:15 PM

Jan 2015
Indeed Boros was correct it was always a one sided battle but even so. There might never be someone equal to Saitama or will there?? :O *hint hint*
Madara22Dec 20, 2015 12:26 PM
Dec 20, 2015 12:15 PM

Dec 2012
hayka said:
tsudecimo said:
Pretty disappointing fight. Show had the potential to have some substance, it chose not to. And went from mediocrity to being subpar. I did like Genos (for his voice actor if nothing else) nothing else is redeeming about the show. Grew to dislike Saitama by each passing episode. Awful humor, un-creative choreography, underwhelming experience in general. Show basically became a parody of itself after the early episodes, hypocritical in essence.

A shame that talented key animators and a good director were wasted on such bad writing.

4/10. I will pass, if a second season happens.

The fact that it was disappointing shows that you had a lot of expectation. can't be disappointed if you had no expectation in the first place. More so the higher the disappointment is.

Anyway, everyone has the right to their opinion but, majority counts and I do believe that you and any supporters you have is in the minority.

I said the fight was disappointing. Because it was promised to be different, while it fundamentally wasn't, didn't offer anything new, interesting or unpredictable.

That's cool and all, but what does that have to do with anything I said? Did I say the majority agreed with me? No I didn't.
Dec 20, 2015 12:16 PM

Aug 2014
MightyM16 said:
The adaptation was pretty spot on, they just skipped the special/extra chapters

Opps yeah you are right and they make ova to cover that. Anyway I never get bored reading it multiple times :D
Jul 2014
at least the majority here can enjoy stuff lmao

Oct 2015
This is one of those animes I'm frustrated to give 10/10 because I'm just gonna have sweaty fuccbois jumping on my ass telling me I have shit taste (I already know I do), but I'm going to do it anyway, every ep gave me a lil' boner and I don't even have a penis so 10/10 for me.

Dec 20, 2015 12:17 PM
Jun 2015
My personal favorite for 2015. What a ride .
Flag counter

Dec 20, 2015 12:17 PM

Mar 2015
Saddest part of this is that season 2 will probably take 4 years since there is nothing big in the manga is happening right now, other than exploring King.

Also another saddest part of this ending is that Tatsumaki will have less screen time from now on.

Another sad thing is that One Punch Man is now over.

10/10 my favorite anime of this season. Tatsumaki is awesome and I hope that ONE and his illustrator will do the manga faster so we can get season 2 as soon as possible.

Dec 20, 2015 12:19 PM

Jan 2012
10/10

cant wait for s2

Dec 20, 2015 12:20 PM
Jul 2018
10/10 I want a season 2 but this is mad house we is talking about so meh :L
Dec 20, 2015 12:21 PM

Sep 2011
I expected nothing less from this episode, amazing. There's some stuff that could be polished here and there but hey, no anime is perfect so I seriously can't ask for more and I still enjoyed the heck out of it xD
10/10
Time to wait patiently for a second season...

Sep 2013
Ok i'm starting by the episode,the combat was pretty good with great animation and all but its not enough clearly.I mean this was just a fight,we got no strategy,we got no feels,nothing just a fight so if someone ask me what fight is the best from MadHouse i probably gonna answer Netero vs Meruem and not this,anyway still a good episode.

Overall this was a bad anime,fill with emptyness and false promesses,secondary character who got no souls,a humor pretty good but boring at long and very short fights and a pretty random background

I guess 6/10 is enough for this anime,the disappointment of 2015 for me with Gangsta and that's why i'm never gonna trust overhype again.
Deep dark fantasies

Nov 2012
8/10, overhyped but good show.
Jaywalker.
Dec 20, 2015 12:22 PM

May 2014
Well, that was fun. And well made.
Dec 20, 2015 12:22 PM

Mar 2014
That was the most epic thing I've witnessed in a long time. The music from the opening made it even more awesome.
Dec 20, 2015 12:23 PM

Aug 2011
G_Spark233 said:
Holy shit that fight was orgasmic! Loved every moment of it. Dat serious punch at the end was hype! Too bad we won't be getting a season 2 for at least another few years ;_;

Finally got to see what is under Amai mask's mask. It was interesting to see but fuck Amai mask.

Possible future set up for Metal Knight to be a villain? Interesting stuff.

Poor Genos got destroyed after all. Poor guy didn't stand a chance against Tornado! Which is too be expected.

Praying for season 2. Need to see the Garou arc fully animated and to see that Fubuki greatness!

Waiting for that too. I really am expecting a second season for this series. I mean from web comic to manga then anime......can you actually comprehend and appreciate the fact?
Dec 20, 2015 12:24 PM

Dec 2009
Greatness made anime now over. Now back to lame anime for the next couple of seasons.
Dec 20, 2015 12:25 PM

Jun 2013
That was..... disappointing...

I honestly wanted Saitama vs Boros to be awesome, it had all the potential in the world. Instead fight was rushed, Boros' abilities were scrapped and FF presented and music was.... well, it didn't match the tone of the fight at all. It's really, REALLY rare for MadHouse to disappoint me, but I guess in this world anything can happen.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Dec 20, 2015 12:25 PM

Apr 2013
man y'all are no fun lmao, there are criticisms to be had for OPM and a lot of them I've seen I agree with but if you seriously think the writing is what people love about this you need to get that checked

like really some of you remind me of the cynical type reviewers that hate everything that doesn't appeal to them or is otherwise popular to get attention. nobody is impressed that you think something widely liked is terrible lol. "My opinion is different, pay attention to me!"
おれはPigAmericanです
おれはばか

i am average american man i enjoy
bad game runescape
Pages (20) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Truth4Lies - Oct 11, 2015

476 by Jiborjas »»
Jun 11, 10:42 AM

Poll: » should one punch man be called battle seinen?

deg - May 16

24 by phantom346 »»
May 22, 12:46 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2015

338 by FedeMetal »»
May 20, 6:30 PM

» serious question

z0idberger - May 5

45 by RickyHunt »»
May 20, 8:52 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2015

792 by jacjacqjac »»
May 12, 1:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.