Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
View Poll Results: One Punch Man Episode 12 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!
 
1707 85.48%
4 out of 5: Liked it
 
170 8.51%
3 out of 5: It was OK
 
81 4.06%
2 out of 5: Disliked it
 
13 0.65%
1 out of 5: Hated it
 
26 1.30%
Voters: 1997

#1
Dec 20, 2015 8:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 112376
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Freaking awesome.

Saitama vs Boros while we got action with the other heroes elsewhere in the episode.


Really loved the usage of the OST this episode as well, they invested a lot of effort into it. I noticed they played the OP theme song for the fight as well, quite stylistic for this show.


Seriously though, so much budget poured into the finale episode LOL. Wow. The Boros vs. Saitama fight definitely lived up to expectations.

GG Boros.




Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags for the images.
Modified by Shocked, Dec 20, 2015 2:15 PM
 
#2
Dec 20, 2015 8:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1930
I will miss the OST ;-;

Madhouse delivered with this ep12, s2 when??? :c

Modified by Hyack, Dec 20, 2015 8:36 AM
 
#3
Dec 20, 2015 8:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 7444
That felt good. 5/5

8/10. Would see a sequel if ever. Based MADHOUSE.
<<<< Click to see how you may #HelpKyoAniHeal

 
#4
Dec 20, 2015 8:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 1885
They fucking did it!!!



DAT FIGHT, DAT Animation!

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags for the image.
Modified by Shocked, Dec 20, 2015 2:15 PM
 
#5
Dec 20, 2015 8:22 AM
555|Kabuto|Ryuki

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 6645
Watchable.

Enjoyable,to some (limited) extend.

Should give this a 5/10 but I'll give it a 6/10 because of the production values this had.

inb4 accused of baiting/being a troll when this is just a subjective opinion.

Edit: Now as for this episode,literally the only episode from this series to live up to the hype due too all the sakuga in Saitama vs Boros and seeing serious Strike animated.

Boros after serious strike,completely rekt'd:

Can't wait to see this shit in HD
Modified by VanishingKira, Dec 20, 2015 8:26 AM

 
#6
Dec 20, 2015 8:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1113
That fight was fucking Beautiful

I will cry if there is no season 2



Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags for the images.
Modified by OrangeJP, Mar 20, 2016 6:25 PM







 
#7
Dec 20, 2015 8:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 6101
Oh the glorious final episode. >.<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
#8
Dec 20, 2015 8:25 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 1152
8/10.

Great show overall. Loved this final episode, and the animation was gorgeous.

Boros vs Saitama is probably my favorite fight of the year.

If there ever is a season 2, then I would love to watch it.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
 
#9
Dec 20, 2015 8:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 3767
great episode

10/10 anime of the year and aots

that ending though, hilarious

I'll miss this show.

Modified by alpha_shadow, Dec 20, 2015 10:25 AM
:3
 
Dec 20, 2015 8:28 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 139
VanishingKira said:
Watchable.

Enjoyable,to some (limited) extend.

Should give this a 5/10 but I'll give it a 6/10 because of the production values this had.

inb4 accused of baiting/being a troll when this is just a subjective opinion.

Edit: Now as for this episode,literally the only episode from this series to live up to the hype due too all the sakuga in Saitama vs Boros and seeing serious Strike animated.

Boros after serious strike,completely rekt'd:

Can't wait to see this shit in HD


Nop, actualy a 6/10 is pretty fair if you didnt enjoy the comedy/story that much.
 
Dec 20, 2015 8:30 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 6843
Absolutely perfect, the animation quality was a huge boost up. That fight was so, so good. OMG, Madhouse probably dedicated their blood for today's episode.

Boros is actually strong, deal with it Saitama :D


Holy shit! This is like porn for the eyes!


Does every anime this season need to play their OP during the final episode?


If Saitama didn't do his workout... then R.I.P.


Oh, you've got him angry.


No Saitama!


Jeez, this is tense.


You're on the moon, Saitama!


Yeah, just f*ck up Earth's only natural satellite


Umm, Boros-kun, I think he's back!


Gotta put more effort in that punch!


Consecutive Normal Punches!


Collapsing star, Roaring cannon!


Serious Punch!


GG Boros-kun!


The End!


∞/5 for this episode.
9.7/10 for this series.
Modified by GoldenDevilGamer, Dec 21, 2015 11:09 AM
 
Dec 20, 2015 8:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 4318
so when am i supposed to be hyped? everyone said the last episode was going to be the best i mean in terms of this show it is the best it can offer. but what type of hero vs villain fight was this? i watched enough enough to see that this wasnt a well written fight. and if im judging on animation alone, in my rubric that would be the only one with a perfect score...

overall this was a fine show 7/10 should suffice
 
Dec 20, 2015 8:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 73
moodie said:
so when am i supposed to be hyped? everyone said the last episode was going to be the best i mean in terms of this show it is the best it can offer. but what type of hero vs villain fight was this? i watched enough enough to see that this wasnt a well written fight. and if im judging on animation alone, in my rubric that would be the only one with a perfect score...

overall this was a fine show 7/10 should suffice


I am sure these rankings mean little - Genos
 
Dec 20, 2015 8:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 24367
Pretty disappointing fight. Show had the potential to have some substance, it chose not to. And went from mediocrity to being subpar. I did like Genos (for his voice actor if nothing else) nothing else is redeeming about the show. Grew to dislike Saitama by each passing episode. Awful humor, un-creative choreography, underwhelming experience in general. Show basically became a parody of itself after the early episodes, hypocritical in essence.

A shame that talented key animators and a good director were wasted on such bad writing.

4/10. I will pass, if a second season happens.
 
Dec 20, 2015 8:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 522
moodie said:
so when am i supposed to be hyped? everyone said the last episode was going to be the best i mean in terms of this show it is the best it can offer. but what type of hero vs villain fight was this? i watched enough enough to see that this wasnt a well written fight. and if im judging on animation alone, in my rubric that would be the only one with a perfect score...

overall this was a fine show 7/10 should suffice


IKR ? they said its funny but the joke is corny and most of the dialogues is awkward
 
Dec 20, 2015 8:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 258
9/10 episode and once again, thank you Boros for bringing any famous animator you can use and almost remove Madhouse's Key animator staffs itself. I can make a bet that only a tiny fraction of Madhouse staffs are used in this .
And damn, I don't think a tv budget is enough to produce this last episode alone.

overall, 8.8/10 show
Modified by Gethemalot, Dec 20, 2015 8:41 AM
Psst...
Hey, You use Windows 10? Great!
Wanna try Cafeine to simplify accessing your collections, or even your "collections"? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
No no no, you won't find it in the market, or even a store, no.

Try it first before others gotta get it publicly sooner or later!

Thank you.
 
Dec 20, 2015 8:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 522
tsudecimo said:
Pretty disappointing fight. Show had the potential to have some substance, it chose not to. And went from mediocrity to being subpar. I did like Genos (for his voice actor if nothing else) nothing else is redeeming about the show. Grew to dislike Saitama by each passing episode. Awful humor, un-creative choreography, underwhelming experience in general. Show basically became a parody of itself after the early episodes, hypocritical in essence.

A shame that talented key animator and a good director were wasted on something so below average in writing.

4/10. I will pass, if a second season happens.



before Murata took over this manga is crap... Murata is the reason why people is even reading this in Nippon
 
Dec 20, 2015 8:36 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 899
VanishingKira said:
Should give this a 5/10 but I'll give it a 6/10 because of the production values this had.

"waaaaii~" (Akaza Akari)


 
Dec 20, 2015 8:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 78
10/10 episode. Overall OPM anime got a 9/10 from me. Haters gonna hate, elitist-wannabes keep trying hard =]]
 
Dec 20, 2015 8:40 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1125
Average at best, but atleast it kept me coming back. 5/10.
 
Dec 20, 2015 8:42 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 135
10/10. They did the the fight even better than the manga.


SEASON 2. NOW.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
Modified by Shocked, Dec 20, 2015 2:17 PM
 
Dec 20, 2015 8:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 606
This was a good series



Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags for the image.
Modified by Shocked, Dec 20, 2015 2:17 PM
 
Dec 20, 2015 8:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 209
Heroooooooooooo!!!
So awesome I loved this, Im crying!!
Need a season 2 asap

Sundays gonna be boring now.
 
Dec 20, 2015 8:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1215
how come people who rate this 5/10 or lower are always the most eager to watch and comment ?

OPM made me hard and according to my rating system thats a 10/10
 
Dec 20, 2015 8:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 7444
But the jokes were pretty average. I never laughed once.

I don't take anything away from the hand drawn animation. That was absolutely 9/10 in most cases.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
Modified by Shocked, Dec 20, 2015 2:18 PM
<<<< Click to see how you may #HelpKyoAniHeal

 
Dec 20, 2015 8:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 73
juicykitten95 said:
how come people who rate this 5/10 or lower are always the most eager to watch and comment ?

OPM made me hard and according to my rating system thats a 10/10


Because they're special snowflakes. They are even faster than the true fans to watch the episode they hate.
 
Dec 20, 2015 8:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 13161
juicykitten95 said:
how come people who rate this 5/10 or lower are always the most eager to watch and comment ?

OPM made me hard and according to my rating system thats a 10/10
it's the same people every week lol

anywho great ep. hoping for s2
 
Dec 20, 2015 8:45 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 135
There are about 5 haters in every episode discussion. But most people love OPM. :)
 
Dec 20, 2015 8:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 522
shanimebib said:
But the jokes were pretty average. I never laughed once.

I don't take anything away from the hand drawn animation. That was absolutely 9/10 in most cases.



because the fanboy said it will get better and since am an open minded guy who enjoy all kinds of anime except for YAOI so give it a try and boy i have never been so wrong before


if we are judging anime by their animation then guilty crown will be considered a masterpiece
Modified by Shocked, Dec 20, 2015 2:19 PM
 
Dec 20, 2015 8:47 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 4
Please don't give much attention to people that did not like the show, the first page is going to be filled with negitive comments if you keep quoting them, just let them express themselves.... anyway 10/10 fantastic anime, I haven't been so entretained by an anime in years. ONE PAAAAAAAWNCH!!!
 
Dec 20, 2015 8:48 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 135
 
Dec 20, 2015 8:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 522
Rekien said:
tsudecimo said:
Pretty disappointing fight. Show had the potential to have some substance, it chose not to. And went from mediocrity to being subpar. I did like Genos (for his voice actor if nothing else) nothing else is redeeming about the show. Grew to dislike Saitama by each passing episode. Awful humor, un-creative choreography, underwhelming experience in general. Show basically became a parody of itself after the early episodes, hypocritical in essence.

A shame that talented key animators and a good director were wasted on such bad writing.

4/10. I will pass, if a second season happens.


"opm has bad writing"
-Guy who ratted naruto shippuden 10


I'll belive this is bait....is that or thinking you are a 'very special' kid.


No offense but Naruto stomp OPM in every possible way
OPM will be never be known as a worldwide franchise that sells hundreds of millions all over the world
 
Dec 20, 2015 8:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 13161
MeinKaiser said:

No offense but Naruto stomp OPM in every possible way
OPM will be never be known as a worldwide franchise that sells hundreds of millions all over the world
TIL sales=quality
 
Dec 20, 2015 8:52 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 10
This show deserves a rating of 8 for being entertaining but 9.02? meh I hope it comes down to atleast 8.75,its an insult to animes like Code Geass
 
Dec 20, 2015 8:52 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 208
As usual haters are the first to post in a new episode thread.
10/10 episode and 10/10 show.
Madhouse managed to deliver an incredible adaptation of a godlike manga.
The only thing I wish they changed was the ending, I would have really loved if they added a tease to a future season 2.
I'm really sad that Garou only got a brief mention and that we will have to have to wait many years before we can see his story animated.
 
Dec 20, 2015 8:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 522
shuryukan said:
MeinKaiser said:

No offense but Naruto stomp OPM in every possible way
OPM will be never be known as a worldwide franchise that sells hundreds of millions all over the world
TIL sales=quality


A series that sells a millions copies are the winners and there's no future for anyone beneath ...

its that simple son
 
Dec 20, 2015 8:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 10249
thread already hit a shit storm and i haven't even posted yet.

above average series which failed to deliver the humorous jokes and one liners compared to the manga.

6/10

art/animation was pretty much the only redeeming quality.
"Hi!"
 
Dec 20, 2015 8:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 4318
shuryukan said:
MeinKaiser said:

No offense but Naruto stomp OPM in every possible way
OPM will be never be known as a worldwide franchise that sells hundreds of millions all over the world
TIL sales=quality
its far more objective than ratings thats for sure lol
 
Dec 20, 2015 8:55 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 135
YEEART said:
thread already hit a shit storm and i haven't even posted yet.

above average series which failed to deliver the humorous jokes and one liners compared to the manga.

6/10

art/animation was pretty much the only redeeming quality.


You should try the manga then.
 
Dec 20, 2015 8:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 1728
MeinKaiser said:
shuryukan said:
TIL sales=quality


A series that sells a millions copies are the winners and there's no future for anyone beneath ...

its that simple son


Fifty Shades of Grey did good at the box office, but that's not a good movie.
 
Dec 20, 2015 8:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 24367
MeinKaiser said:
tsudecimo said:
Pretty disappointing fight. Show had the potential to have some substance, it chose not to. And went from mediocrity to being subpar. I did like Genos (for his voice actor if nothing else) nothing else is redeeming about the show. Grew to dislike Saitama by each passing episode. Awful humor, un-creative choreography, underwhelming experience in general. Show basically became a parody of itself after the early episodes, hypocritical in essence.

A shame that talented key animator and a good director were wasted on something so below average in writing.

4/10. I will pass, if a second season happens.



before Murata took over this manga is crap... Murata is the reason why people is even reading this in Nippon

Agreed. Murata was able to incorporate the very few decent parts about the webcomic and turn it into something decent in the manga. Unfortunately, this doesn't transition well into anime. Without his amazing talent to carry the poor foundation for the script. it just falls apart.
 
Dec 20, 2015 8:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 10249
KilluaX4 said:
YEEART said:
thread already hit a shit storm and i haven't even posted yet.

above average series which failed to deliver the humorous jokes and one liners compared to the manga.

6/10

art/animation was pretty much the only redeeming quality.


You should try the manga then.


tfw i've read both manga and web comic
"Hi!"
 
Dec 20, 2015 8:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 7444
MeinKaiser said:
shanimebib said:
But the jokes were pretty average. I never laughed once.

I don't take anything away from the hand drawn animation. That was absolutely 9/10 in most cases.



because the fanboy said it will get better and since am an open minded guy who enjoy all kinds of anime except for YAOI so give it a try and boy i have never been so wrong before


if we are judging anime by their animation then guilty crown will be considered a masterpiece


Now we are discussing. I think the story is quite unique and was often intriguing as well. I think I dropped Guilty Crown after a couple of episodes so animation isn't everything. Also, I don't think anything can beat hand drawn panels, animation scenes so your comparison doesn't make sense to me. Maybe I am a fan of old school animation so OPM looked excellent. There are those who mentioned about how great animations scenes were in some other ongoing shows this season and I was like 'meh' that didn't even come in comparison to that Genos vs. Saitama fight earlier in the anime.

I think you watched the anime with wrong sets of goggles. This anime is actually pretty good if you consider the uniqueness. You won't find any similar anime now a days like OPM.
Modified by Shocked, Dec 20, 2015 2:22 PM
<<<< Click to see how you may #HelpKyoAniHeal

 
Dec 20, 2015 8:58 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 135
 
Dec 20, 2015 8:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 522
metsujin said:
MeinKaiser said:


A series that sells a millions copies are the winners and there's no future for anyone beneath ...

its that simple son


Fifty Shades of Grey did good at the box office, but that's not a good movie.


when will people understand that Movie is not the same as manga....
the media is different in the 1st place
and both medium is mean to be enjoyed by a certain demographic
 
Dec 20, 2015 9:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 522
shanimebib said:
MeinKaiser said:



because the fanboy said it will get better and since am an open minded guy who enjoy all kinds of anime except for YAOI so give it a try and boy i have never been so wrong before


if we are judging anime by their animation then guilty crown will be considered a masterpiece


Now we are discussing. I think the story is quite unique and was often intriguing as well. I think I dropped Guilty Crown after a couple of episodes so animation isn't everything. Also, I don't think anything can beat hand drawn panels, animation scenes so your comparison doesn't make sense to me. Maybe I am a fan of old school animation so OPM looked excellent. There are those who mentioned about how great animations scenes were in some other ongoing shows this season and I was like 'meh' that's even come in comparison to that Genos vs. Saitama fight earlier in the anime.

I think you watched the anime with wrong sets of goggles. This anime is actually pretty good if you consider the uniqueness. You won't find any similar anime now a days like OPM.


Why are we talking about animation ? regardless of whether the animation is good or not its irrelevant for me

Unique is just a nice way to say its Bad
Modified by Shocked, Dec 20, 2015 2:21 PM
 
Dec 20, 2015 9:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 12069
Holy shit that fight was orgasmic! Loved every moment of it. Dat serious punch at the end was hype! Too bad we won't be getting a season 2 for at least another few years ;_;

Finally got to see what is under Amai mask's mask. It was interesting to see but fuck Amai mask.

Possible future set up for Metal Knight to be a villain? Interesting stuff.

Poor Genos got destroyed after all. Poor guy didn't stand a chance against Tornado! Which is too be expected.

Praying for season 2. Need to see the Garou arc fully animated and to see that Fubuki greatness!
 
Dec 20, 2015 9:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 1728
Enjoyable anime, the manga is better in my opinion.
 
Dec 20, 2015 9:06 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 77
After 12 episodes I can finally say i've finished the worst anime i've ever sat through.
 
Dec 20, 2015 9:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 7418
Welp, Saitama beat Boros as we all knew would be the case. Fairly impressive visuals for their fight. Show ended with some rebuilding and Saitama doing what he does best: punching.

This was a fun series, and a solidly good one. Solid action, animation and humor. No problem giving it my standard solid 7/10 good grade. I don't think it was worthy of the extreme hype it got, but then what series ever is? When season 2 eventually comes, and it will, I may watch it, dunno for sure yet.
 
Top
Pages (18) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

Preview MangaManga Store