Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Aug 19, 2016 1:03 PM

Nov 2014
If only the rest of anime was as good as last 3 episodes...

6/10 anime
11/10 last part

7/10 it is I guess.
Aug 19, 2016 2:39 PM

Sep 2012
Put this show off for awhile but damn I should've watched it sooner. One of the best series I've ever seen. An unorthodox main trio made for quite an interesting journey. I'm glad they went their separate ways in the end, this makes Samurai Champloo's story really come to an ending. As much as I wanted them to be together for the end, their journey is ultimately over and that's how the series should go as well.

Unforgettable series!
Sep 10, 2016 3:05 PM

Jun 2016
just finished it ,it was an enjoyable and funny series to watch but the ending wasn't all that great,i mean those guys who have an old score to settle with mugen it come just out of the sudden also after all these long journey fuu find her father to tell him a few words then leave,i thought there was going to be a big plot twist regarding the sunflower samurai ,i remember in previous episode fuu has a flshback in which she saw karya who told her that sunflower has no smell and thus maybe she is looking for something that didn't exist, when karya told jin that he was using the shogunate i thought for an instance that he is the sunflower samurai and he hide his identity,i prefer if that was right instead of her walking to that house just to see the last few minutes of her father's life.
nevertheless i enjoyed samurai champloo more than cowboy bebop the episodic formula works much better here and there was a sense of an ongoing storyline ,i have never felt boring at all, while bebop has a much better ending and great settings but many episodes were boring and i have problems keeping with the dub.
bigmustache93Sep 10, 2016 3:16 PM
Dec 11, 2016 8:54 AM

Feb 2011
those endings always hurt, seeing the characters wander away in places where you can't follow them, it leaves an empty feeling once it's over
i would have liked it too if they made up any reason to continue to travel together, but since fuu reached her goal and there weren't other goals it was fitting having them split, promises are still promises

the story itself wasn't so great, it shined the most during the comedic moments and when there was action
what i liked the most was the historical setting, that was really well made (when it took itself seriously)

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Dec 13, 2016 1:59 AM
Apr 2014
Great ending to the series. Really enjoyed the company and the fight scenes for the entire series.
Dec 16, 2016 6:15 AM
Dec 23, 2016 8:15 AM

Nov 2011
First half was great, 2nd half was poor imo, lots of unnecessary fillers (the baseball ep was horrible), questions about why two stubborn heads like Jin and Mugen would even decide to follow Fuu because of losing a coin toss muddles things further for me, had its moments, great fights, too many inconsistencies.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 4, 2017 2:48 AM
Jan 2015
The whole episode kept me at the end of my seat! Can we all agree Mugen and Jin are damn tough finishing their fights even sliced up?
Jan 4, 2017 2:57 AM

Apr 2016
Amsui said:
The whole episode kept me at the end of my seat! Can we all agree Mugen and Jin are damn tough finishing their fights even sliced up?

Jin even come back from dead, just to finish his fight lol.
Jan 13, 2017 5:37 PM

Dec 2016
I am glad it had a good ending but.. Seriously, how the hell did Mugen survived? Jin I can understand, but nobody can survive that explosion. At least they could have made it more believable. Well, that's the only negative thing I found this chapter. On the positive side, amazing animation and characters, great soundtrack and story. Some chapters felt like filler but overall great series. It's an 8.5 for me, 9/10 if rounded. BTW, I want to read Vagabond so much after finishing this.. Can't wait.
Dr_Manhattan95Jan 13, 2017 5:40 PM
Feb 4, 2017 10:04 PM

Dec 2016
Wow just got off of the feels train just to arrive at AnimeEndDepressionstan, this sucks
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 24, 2017 5:48 PM

Sep 2016
yep this was an amazing final episode.
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Feb 25, 2017 3:15 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
I can get people coming back from the death after a couple of slash wounds, but explosives? Maybe they are zombies after all..

So why didn't the Shogunate go to the island that used to be filled with Christians? Wouldn't that be an obvious place to look for? Anyways 9/10.

Some of the animated scenes were splotchy and unfinished, but the story was well done and even some of the side characters had a lot of depth to them.
Feb 26, 2017 12:59 AM

Nov 2016
Really great last 3 episodes. They flew by. Great soundtrack, pretty cool characters, and the animation was really well done for the mid 00s. Not quite as good as Bebop though but a total recommendation for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. 8/10

I thought it was a clever twist on the coin throw too.
Feb 27, 2017 7:25 AM

Sep 2016
i doubt anyone who comes into this thread finds your recommendation useful at this point lol
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Mar 4, 2017 1:43 PM

Dec 2014
A shit ending for an even shittier show.
Apr 21, 2017 7:52 AM
Apr 2017
I just want 1 more episode
Apr 22, 2017 11:02 PM

Oct 2012
I like it when the ending ends with main characters all alive
Happy end I guess :)

I thought they're going to go separate way only to find out it all ended up as one way
I guess not
I mean they can still travel together.. Why not?

Well that was pretty enjoyable journey! I miss OP & ED :(
"Signature removed"
Apr 27, 2017 12:48 PM
Apr 2017
Finally saw SC after all these years and I must say this has to be my favorite anime series of all time (well, thus far) and I've seen quite a few top-notch ones even though I started getting into anime only a few years ago. I think the ending is perfect-- wouldn't change it for the world. Definitely one of those "must watch anime before one dies" recommendation hands down! Truly in a class of its own.
May 10, 2017 3:17 PM
Feb 2017
Everyone is talking about how sad it is they split up but remember how many times they've split up before? Everytime fate brought them back together. I beleive that's what would happen afterwords. They get themselves caught up in some shenanigans and wind up back together haha
Jun 15, 2017 7:50 AM

Oct 2014
That ending felt very sudden. I expected a more emotional parting considering how long the three have been grouped for. Oh well, nevertheless still a great series.
Jun 22, 2017 6:13 AM
Jun 2016
I would rather see Jin and Mugen die... But whatever, the whole adventure was great, the comedy was on point and the soundtracks were just impeccable, especially the ED, it was so chill.
Jul 15, 2017 3:12 AM

Jul 2015
Pretty good finale, although I feel sad for them parting ways, I hope they meet again in the future.

Overall this anime was quite hit or miss to me, with some nice episodes and arcs but lots of others meh ones, I still liked it way more the usually compared to Cowboy Bebop tbh.

I think that a 6.5/10 will do the trick, enjoyable anime.
Aug 16, 2017 5:59 PM
Jul 2018
i personally loved the ending
it's sad they had to part, but it seemed for the best

9/10
Sep 19, 2017 1:22 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, those fights were amazing!!!

I'm glad Jin and Mugen did both survive.

When they tried to fight each other and both their blade broke, that was unexpected but I was happy they didn't get a chance to kill each other!

Jin looked way hotter with his hair down! <3 he was hot before but then just omg D;

I didn't expect her to say she messed with the coin trick.

I think it's sad they split up in the end, even if they had found the sunflower samurai and that was the only reason they were really together, as Jin had said, he had finally found friends which he had always wanted. They had developed a real friendship and kinship, I expected them to stay together for that if nothing else. Just to enjoy each others company. They don't need a mission to stay together now they're friends. That was very sad.

Then they went off on their own journeys again during the end credits, awww.

It was a really great show and I loved the OP and ED so much <3
stephtastropheSep 19, 2017 1:50 PM
Nov 19, 2017 2:25 PM
Dec 2014
That was a fun show even if the story was not that strong at least it was not confusing like the story of Cowboy Bebop.
I enjoyed the ost very much since I'm an Hip-Hop fan and the comedy and animation was good too.
7/10
Dec 15, 2017 7:26 AM

Mar 2016
It was beautiful. This is my favorite, 10/10 from me
Jan 10, 2018 4:28 PM

Dec 2011
Hum, what happened with the old man who lived with the Sunflower Samurai?
He was stabbed by the shogunate assassin, but in the end he was more recovered than Mugen and Jin?
Jan 30, 2018 7:33 PM
May 2016
It pained me to see them going in their own journey. I thought they would go together. When Fuu was walking and Mugen and Jin was looking at her, I thought they were thinking that all of these times, we had been together so it wouldn't hurt going another journey with you guys or it would be boring without the three comepletely but reality hurts.
A masterpiece for me but the ending made me look at the sky and questioned, "What are they doing now? Hope, they meet again."
Feb 18, 2018 11:30 PM
Mar 2010
WHAT.
i did NOT pick up this series after 10+ years just to have an ending like THAT.
I AM SO FRUSTRATED I COULD SCREAM.

/sigh. you guys finally found friendship through one another and you split up again?? though I admit it is better than everyone dead. maybe. and gosh, we’re all those cliffhanger almost-death scenes really necessary? how many times do you have to make a girl think their fav main character dies?! this is cruel and unusual punishment, i’m tellin’ ya.

but really a wonderful series all in all. glad I finally got to watch all of it in order. and I really love this episode’s ED. the words and music were very fitting for an ending of parting ways. the whole soundtrack for this series is amazing. and the range of all the different types of characters is outstanding. this will truly always be one of the anime classics.
Feb 26, 2018 2:42 PM

May 2017
that episode was a emotional rollercoaster. Beautiful.

an anime with ups and downs but more ups for sure..

Favorite episodes 11, 14, 20/21, 26
Mar 12, 2018 2:20 PM

Jun 2017
I liked the ending since if you think about both Mugen and Jiin have a girl that they were probably going to go look for next for mugen it was the women who said she would look for him to marry him, plus he liked her as well so it would make sense they go find eachother. For Jin it was the women who will be at the shelter place for 3 years then be released which jin would probably be waiting for her so they could be together since they seemed to really connect and start to love eachother for that episode she was on. for fuu she seems to be at peace finally after finishing her journey and can finally just live out her days normally although idk if she found someone she liked during the series i dont think she did but either way she has her happy ending as well so all in all the other eps helped make this ending better
Mar 18, 2018 6:23 AM

May 2016
That was really well done I definitely thought it would be a sad ending but thankfully I was wrong, the ending song really fit it 8/10
Mar 24, 2018 11:34 AM

Oct 2016
My thoughts are I can accept this ending, the three of them are lone wolves in their own right.

They each acknowledge that they are friends after all that they've been through. I just felt it was lacking a bit in the goodbye, not even emotionally it was just kinda quick..epic journey.. each should've died more than a few times, quick peace out and go separate ways... the type of goodbye you give to someone you don't know very well... Strangely still works for these characters though lol weird but it's like ok I get it... I liked how Fuu let them in on the coin secret and they were just like "heh ya sonofabitch ;p" about it.

Plus Jin and Mugen technically have ladies waiting on them (Even if Mugen himself doesn't know lol).

As much as I didn't dislike the ending, I kinda wish Fuu would've been like "well, guess I'm heading to Nagasaki" and Jin and Mugen would've each said in their own way "Well by nothing more than coincidence that's where I'm going" (smiles smirks around) the three walking back, backs to camera.

The fact that there is nothing more to this series makes me sad that it's over..But I'm happy that it'll always be highly regarded.
Apr 29, 2018 5:55 AM

Jan 2018
Damn, I really liked this anime. Loved the adventure the three had to go through to meet this "sunflower samurai", and when they made it, Fuu didn't want it to end.

It had landed on heads after all! Glad she lied about it!

9/10
May 9, 2018 6:25 AM
May 2018
amasing anime , and i liked the end yeh the move separate ways but i think that js good think looking the facts that they start the journey with one goal to find samurai who smell like sun flower , i hope they pump with each other soon , cuz they all find way to find each other inspte their differences. cool anime i will give it ratind 9.8/10 .
May 22, 2018 8:13 AM

Nov 2010
Ending was pretty meh for me, I was expecting something more with the Sunflower samurai and Kariya interaction.

Most episodes were solid but some of them were just awful (baseball, zombies, graffiti fight, fake xavier)
There were also some characters or potential plot lines that I would have liked to see a better closure for like the female assassin and that other assassin who fought Jin in episode 2.

Soundtrack was nice and animation was good for a 2004 show too. 7/10 overall.
May 26, 2018 10:03 PM

Jan 2016
It was a good watch! Didn't regret it at all!
May 27, 2018 6:49 PM

Aug 2007
I was pleasantly surprised by the ending. I really thought Mugen and Jin would die. Nonetheless, the trio split up and it does have a lovely bitter-sweetness to it.

I really enjoyed this series. I've watched episodes here and there when it aired on tv ages ago, but I never sat down and watched it from start to finish. The episodic nature had both pros and cons. Overall, I like the series, but could not give it a 9 or 10 because a couple of the episodes fell flat for me.

I believe the best part of the series is the music and the fight scenes. Jin was by far my favorite. This last two episodes got some tears from me, especially since I was sure SOMEONE would die, haha. This series for sure lands on my favorites list.

8/10

Aug 23, 2018 3:50 PM
Jan 2018
Great anime, dissapointing end.

That's all
Sep 23, 2018 6:29 PM

Apr 2018
That was fun. I'm content with the ending. I think all in all, it was about finding the emotional side to each other. Before coming together, they were very out of touch emotionally, but the journey brought that out of them. They now depart with that newfound appreciation for companionship. I wouldn't be surprised if they met again... Those types of relationships exist outside of time/space. They are eternal.

Great soundtrack, great fighting and the comedy was perfect. Very likable characters and just wow, that music. 9/10
Sep 26, 2018 12:26 AM

Sep 2017
damn since the show is over, I feel like crying, damn Im was really connected to the characters, It felt more realistic than most shows out there...It might not be inspiring one, but it definitely is a heart touching story. Its sad to see the three split their ways, I hope they meet again sometime....But its all bad world out there, its a luck they lasted that long, don't know what might happen the next minute...

Ill miss you Samurai Champloo, you made it worth to sit through those 2 days time...:)
Oct 15, 2018 12:14 AM

Jan 2017
heartwarming ending.
fucking love the multitude of tones this show has. philosophical, comedic, outright strange, battle shonen.
a lot of the plot is questionable, but eh who gives a shit.
Oct 23, 2018 11:48 AM
Sep 2018
Just finished the series!

Overall, I was really surprised by the relatively happy ending. I thought that Mugen and Jin were going to die at multiple points, but I am happy both improbably lived.

The three of them splitting up is sad, but it does make sense. Their own separate journies converged at one point but must continue in different directions.

As much as I loved the characters, reflecting on the series, I'm not sure I'm the biggest fan of Samurai Champloo's filler to plot ratio. But hey, it was a fun ride and I learned a lot about the era through the side-stories.
Nov 5, 2018 5:59 PM
Apr 2018
I will forever cherish "battle cry" in my heart.

There were episodes that made me hate the series but others were SOO good.

Why didn't they ended up together? :'(
Nov 11, 2018 8:15 AM
Jul 2018
An ending in a very Samurai Champloo way.
I love everything about this anime. The art is one thing, but
my God its OST is so freaking good.
Jan 30, 2019 4:36 PM
Sep 2016
Suprising ending, really fits the tone of the series.
I thought jin and mugen would die.
It was so close, really, when you think about it, it is kind of a miracle that they are still alive.
Mugen survived an huge explosion and jin survived a blow to the back with a huge sword from practically a god of samurai.
I'm not a fan of those villains, i feel like kagetoki with a bit more backstory would be interesting as hell.
The other guy is as generic as it gets, I didin't like him, at least he was a challenge to mugen.
It is kind of a dissapointment that this great series ended on such a mediocore note.
It had its great moments and shitty filler, nonetheless 8/10 for me.
Apr 10, 2019 10:11 PM
Apr 2016
Ah, both Jin and Mugen managed to survive, both in an unexplained way, since it looked like BOTH were gonna die. Aw; the trio parted ways, sad...but happy. The plot twist at the end was nice hahaha. Really good anime.
Apr 27, 2019 12:44 AM
Nostalgia Addict

Feb 2018
hmm .. i think its good
i dont like that type of ending
7/10
May 5, 2019 12:32 PM

Mar 2017
Overall i really liked this series but what the hell was that ending?! Why didn't they stay together!
Jin said he finally found what he was looking for all his life... and then went off on his own anyway, Mugen finally found people who loved him and Fuu CANNOT survive alone! It didn't make any sense for them to split up at the end!
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

SunSir - Mar 20, 2008

170 by mjjones0 »»
Apr 28, 11:51 PM

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

SunSir - Mar 20, 2008

187 by mjjones0 »»
Apr 28, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

RyanBebop - Feb 22, 2010

56 by Jamk_ »»
Apr 28, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SunSir - Mar 20, 2008

113 by Jamk_ »»
Apr 27, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akral - Sep 16, 2007

195 by Jamk_ »»
Apr 27, 12:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.