Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 20, 2008 10:31 AM
May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This probably wasn't the best ending a series, but overall it was a good series. I liked the end fight, and know I have an obsession with samurais lol.
Nov 12, 2008 8:30 AM

Aug 2008
Same opinion here, I liked it very much. Very good on comedy / fight!

Many references to Japan's histrory, very well done.

Dec 20, 2008 10:49 AM

Oct 2007
i liked fights and ending, but for me they should be together
Jan 7, 2009 11:44 AM

Jan 2009
Awesome series. Funny, smart and exciting.
Jan 17, 2009 1:13 PM

Jan 2009
2 words: superb show
Jan 26, 2009 12:06 AM

Dec 2008
The music is flawless, the story interesting from start to finish. Great animation. Awesome characters. PERFECT. I always know when I watch something special when its all over, I'm sad almost depressed there is no more to watch. <3
Feb 10, 2009 7:57 AM
Jun 2008
Hanus said:
i liked fights and ending, but for me they should be together

I feel same way.
Feb 13, 2009 1:01 AM

Oct 2008
Excellent series. I'm glad I watched this although I didn't think much of this series when I first heard about it one and a half years ago or so.

A bit sad that the 3 of them split up, since the three of them are an awesome trio when they're together, despite all of their individual differences.

The ending was perfect though, since all 3 of them came together ONLY for this journey. Also, considering the strength of their individual characters and different personalities, it makes sense that they would go their separate ways once the journey ended.
Mar 9, 2009 7:13 AM

Jan 2009
This has always been my favorite anime, and still is. I started it when I was younger and was so in love with it, but never got to see the ending of the series for a reason I don't remember. But now I rewatched it all and FINALLY got to see the last episodes and I am so depressed. I can't believe its finally over, and their not together anymore. I agree with some of you guys points about how their personality differances makes it weak to stay together, but I mean, before they got together to do this journey they were completely alone, no one to rely on but themselves. Mugen and Jin, some badass fighters didnt even wanna kill eachother in the end anymore because they all eventually really cared about eachother, they were always saving Fuu. And helping her find that smelly samurai. WTF. I am just really upset about their departing. But all in all, the best anime ever. Best anime soundtrack, great animation, great colorschemes, great opening, great characters, and hilarious comedy. I'm really going to miss this show;/
I'd like tossing your salad.-"Yuru"/MMMKD
DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM MOTHERFUCKER?-SophieWophie<3
Mar 10, 2009 8:56 PM

Mar 2009
I liked everything about this anime but why did they have to leave eachother! D: I was so sad haha
Mar 12, 2009 6:15 PM

Jun 2008
I bawled for the last two episodes. This anime was too amazing, I fell in love with everyone. Especially Jin, so the moment where I saw him fall into the water was where I cried my hardest. This whole story and adventure is too much to describe in words right now, I'm just in despair and awe.

I cried even harder when they went their seperate ways. In a way, yes it completely makes sense. They all move on with their lives, to who and where etc. I half expected Mugen and Jin to fallow her, but they didn't which caused me to cry even harder. This is going to leave me depressed for a while. I know they must see each other eventually, oh yeah. No doubt in my heart, Fuu said she'll see them around. Maybe she'll be married by then, maybe Mugen can be with that hott Ninja Girl from before, and then Jin can settle for me, it'd be perfect. It's just too sad right now to comprehend their departure.

Amazing soundtrack, amazing storyline, amazing characters. 10/10 motherfuckers.
Mar 15, 2009 3:51 PM

Nov 2008
I hope they will meet again one day. :3
Apr 22, 2009 3:41 AM

Feb 2009
This series has it all for me. I've rarely watched series that had all the aspects of a good anime all together. Smart and lovely story, amazing action, Funniness, sarcasm, Great music, Amazing characters, very good directing and etc. I really enjoyed SC this second time as well as the first time I watched it.

May 2, 2009 5:54 AM

Feb 2009
Cero said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This probably wasn't the best ending a series, but overall it was a good series. I liked the end fight, and know I have an obsession with samurais lol.

I have to contradict with you on the opinion you have expressed. I for one must say it was the most relevant ending one could have hoped for, in fact if they did anything else then it would have been bad.

Think about it, they started together just to find the sunflower samurai and they did, that was the basic thing which kept them together. As for the series, it started out very well however during the middle episodes it got rather vague but it did make up for it in the latter episode which was a plus. Brilliant series nonetheless.
May 2, 2009 6:14 AM

Dec 2008
I didn't really like the ending. Maybe it was because I wanted them to kill eachother. It just seemed empty to me.
May 4, 2009 7:16 AM

Jun 2008
I just felt like it kind of didnt end...they all went their seperate ways even if Jin and Mugen became friends and found what they were looking for in life.

There were hints in the story of love from Fuu, what happened to that?

I would have preferred Jin and Mugen to die so that Fuu can write it in her diary and start travelling the world.

It is what it is though. :D

May 10, 2009 1:15 AM
Mar 2009
... maybe! Like... I mean i think they split up 2 times before, so i'm thinking they'll meat again inventually :3

just a thought :)
Jun 2, 2009 3:37 PM

May 2009
Everything about this series is just outstanding!

Really sad that they just walked away from each other like that though.. wtf was with that?!...
Jun 23, 2009 6:18 PM
May 2009
TheOwnag3 said:
Everything about this series is just outstanding!

Really sad that they just walked away from each other like that though.. wtf was with that?!...

Yea I was almost sure that they would stay together in the end, I would of liked that ending better.
Jun 29, 2009 8:17 PM

Sep 2007
Same here. I would have loved to see them continue to travel together......I just hate endings period.
~ Nothing makes us as lonely as our own secrets ~

Jun 30, 2009 8:48 PM
Jan 2009
I love this series. I remember watching it before when it was on the TV, and just slapped an 8 on it. But, after rewatching it I gave it a 10. I loved the ending, even with them separating at the end. I think it's better that way. I actually felt good after finishing this anime...usually I would feel sad when a good anime ends but not so much for this one. Sometimes, you can't always stay with those you care about. Separating from those you love can be tough, but you should always move forward, along with your memories of them, no matter where your path may take you. Lol....I don't know...that's just what I thought after watching the ending of this awesome anime. Who knows....they might meet up again...it's left to our imaginations. ;P
Jun 30, 2009 9:28 PM

Aug 2007
it was good, would prefer mugen and jin to die a samurai's death. it would seem appropriate that badasses like them would die fighting. The only thing that really bugs me though is they kept hinting that Fuu liked Mugen but they never revealed anything or said anything about that. What was with that?
Jun 30, 2009 11:04 PM

Jun 2009
tigerz said:
it was good, would prefer mugen and jin to die a samurai's death. it would seem appropriate that badasses like them would die fighting.

I guess, then, there really would be entirely too many Cowboy Bebop similarities. I'm actually really glad that they didn't play up any romances too much between the main three characters. I saw this more as a story of blossoming friendships than blossoming romances. Besides, the guys had other love interests to go back to. Jin had Shino waiting for him, and they'd no doubt reunite. And Mugen had Yatsuha, who would no doubt kill her way across Japan to find him. That reunion would be hilarious!!
Aug 4, 2009 2:50 PM

May 2009
i liked everything icluding the ending
wheee ^^
Aug 7, 2009 5:07 AM

Aug 2009
Fantastic ending. Really aren't enough good anime endings. They really couldn't of made it more fitting for the show.

Normal I might be a little sad to see the group of friends split up, but here it made sense and fitted with the characters personality. In the end Mugun,Jin and Fuu formed bonds and gained alot from their journey, but also the anime did a great job with showing they weren't so closey tied together that it was heartbreaking to see them split up. But Natural and how life goes on.

Funny that even though they split up, it was a really happy ending. Which wouldn't be the case in most other anime.
Aug 7, 2009 2:45 PM

Jan 2009
cool ending, that's my opinion. not very samurai-like but i liked it. this wasn't your usual samurai anime anyway so i'm just glad they all got to live; i seriously thought they were all going to die and that probably from the first few episodes, not just lately

and that "it was actually heads" thing... hilarious

Oct 5, 2009 3:27 PM

Aug 2007
I think this ending was perfect. It'll be weird for them to travel together after that journey. Both Mugen and Jin are more or less lone wolves and they should keep that character trait.
Oct 6, 2009 12:48 PM

Mar 2009
Maiasm said:
. I'm actually really glad that they didn't play up any romances too much between the main three characters.

I saw this more as a story of blossoming friendships than blossoming romances. Besides, the guys had other love interests to go back to.

Jin had Shino waiting for him, and they'd no doubt reunite.
And Mugen had Yatsuha, who would no doubt kill her way across Japan to find him. That reunion would be hilarious!!

Yes, I totally agree to you. It was a good anime, I give it a good 9. :)
Oct 12, 2009 3:26 PM

Aug 2009
This is totally going in my top 5 list. There is a few things that I thought would of happened though

I always thought (Untill Fuu said it was her father) that Jin was the sunflower samurai. It would of been so cool if he was.
Before Fuu's father died i thought he would instead jump up and kill the guy seeing though he is this legendary swordsman. It would of been awesome.

These would of all been really predictable scenarios but I would of loved to see them happen.

Also about what Jin said when he was on the cliff, did he mean he was fighting for Fuu, If so he's so sweet.
Oct 15, 2009 1:50 AM
Aug 2009
i know they all will end up together all over again. Did you notice how many times the split up and went they seprate ways they always ended right back where they started together again. some where down the road someone going to run into someone and its going to be choas all over again.
Oct 21, 2009 11:17 PM

May 2009
Zepwich said:

Also about what Jin said when he was on the cliff, did he mean he was fighting for Fuu, If so he's so sweet.

Generally speaking, he meant that he had friends he could fight for now. But yes, at the moment, he was talking about Fuu.

This anime's ending was bittersweet. As much as I would've loved for them to stay together, separating seemed more appropriate. They grew as people during their time together and now they can move forward in their individual lives with newly gained strength and the knowledge that they're not alone. Did anyone else notice that Mugen and Jin's clothing changed colors? Their colors were more subdued at the end than during the rest of the anime when the colors were starkly contrasted with each other. I guess it symbolizes how much closer they've gotten.
Oct 31, 2009 9:20 AM

Aug 2009
A couple of the middle episodes were a bit boring and off track but the fight scenes were as good as I've seen and the storyline itself was awesome. I have mixed feelings about the ending however, generally it is good. Like all the other times they split up I think we can assume that they will meet again. It is not sayonara ^_^
Nov 1, 2009 11:41 AM

Aug 2009
I enjoyed this ending. The last few series I have watched, the main characters died at the end.. really didn't want Jin & Mugen to die aswell :(

I was hoping that they would both follow Fuu when she starting walking off >.<
Nov 3, 2009 6:45 AM

Oct 2007
Great show and a very enjoyable ending. There were not many episodes I didn't like. I bought and saw this on DVD and don't regret buying it at all.

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Nov 14, 2009 1:48 PM
Oct 2008
Kage-Proxy said:
I just felt like it kind of didnt end...they all went their seperate ways even if Jin and Mugen became friends and found what they were looking for in life.

There were hints in the story of love from Fuu, what happened to that?

I would have preferred Jin and Mugen to die so that Fuu can write it in her diary and start travelling the world.

I feel the same way. The series were perfect until I had realized there were only 10 minutes of it left, and they could not possibly manage to answer all of my questions in that time.

Also, I believe that the story of Fuu's father and the samurai with the beard should have been expressed in more detail.
Dec 9, 2009 3:54 PM

Sep 2009
This was one of the best animes I have seen. It had kept my interest from beginning to end. I loved the characters (Jin, I am waiting for you lol). The music was awesome, no other way to describe it. The fight scenes were fun to watch. The ending was bittersweet, for all of the angst that went on between them sometimes, they together made an great team. I almost expected them to bump into each other in the next town and continue on with the next adventure. But, it ended with their mission complete. 10/10 Gonna be re-watched in the future.
Dec 30, 2009 2:46 PM

Jan 2009
Very, very good anime. Music was fantastic throughout and the fight scenes were excellent. Jin was my favorite character and I was glad to see he was able to defeat the unbeatable 'Hand of God' samurai (which leads me to believe he could defeat Mugen as well). Him also stating that he was basically willing to come back and die for Fuu when he was injured and could have fled was pretty badass as well. I was surprised that they split up at the end as well due to the fact that in one of the episodes (sorry don't remember which) has them realize that they are NOT simply together to complete their search for the Sunflower Samurai but because they are a family. Really dug the series, it gets an 8/10 from me only because I would have preferred that it were not so episodic and a more interwoven story.
Jan 3, 2010 4:58 PM

Jul 2008
they could have made the ending better
I mean that was just haflassed
Either make a good ending or a bad one nothing inbetween!

It was just so unreal for jin to escape death 2 times in a row vs the best samurai around while he got stabbed + mugen to be pretty beaten up and the getting a explosion in his face

They either should have jin and mugen die which would be a pretty bad endiing but still an ending with impact or just let them continue on a journey together instead of parting after how they went emo being apart and jin makeing best friends but well whatever all in all good series
Jan 5, 2010 5:20 PM
Jul 2009
I think the ending would've been better and more meaningful if Mugen and Jin would've died back when they broke their swords and fell on the ground. I definitely would've cried! XD

Overall, a great anime series! 9/10 ^_^
Feb 4, 2010 12:30 AM
Oct 2009
If the story had come to a major conclusion of sorts, it wouldn't have been as good, I think. It suits the style of the show and characters to have them split up like this now. And you know they'll probably end up together again. "Life goes on" type endings are good sometimes too.
Feb 15, 2010 10:40 AM

Apr 2009
Wow... Jin was incredible in this episode... everything from his appearance with his hair loose & his kimono torn to his realization that fighting for himself isn't good enough to the mutual-stab suicide move he used to off Kariya... he was at his peak there, which is why he shouldn't have been able to cheat death IMO... the ending would have been more fulfilling had he died and Fuu ended up with Mugen... instead there was this empty finale where they just split up... anyway it was a decent series all in all, though it would do better if it had a few less BLAM episodes...
Alas86Feb 15, 2010 2:17 PM
Feb 22, 2010 7:10 PM

Dec 2009
37wallflower73 said:
Same here. I would have loved to see them continue to travel together......I just hate endings period.

Same here. When a series ends I feel sad. Like I completed a journey and that journey really can't be relived the same again.

Even though it seemed impossible I'm glad Jin & Mugen were not killed off. Still, I wish they didn't split up at the end but that makes sense too.

Hopefully it won't be long before I find another series I enjoy like this one.
Such junk...
Mar 4, 2010 3:37 PM

Jan 2010
If you consider the fact that every time they got separated in the series, they ended up together again, the ending doesn't look so bad, does it?
Mar 8, 2010 9:59 PM

Jul 2007
at least didn't end like Basilisk LOL
Mar 13, 2010 4:59 PM

Jul 2007
i loved this anime so much. i dont think i've ever felt so sad when charachters split up[ and go their own way. Im glad jin didnt die actually... ok i know i just dont want people dying esp if they are my fav characters haha
Apr 20, 2010 12:40 PM

Apr 2009
Fucking class. Lots of good drama and even more great comedy. I loved the fights' animation and the use of historical references. 9/10 for me , and I'm a bit of a critic.
Apr 23, 2010 5:10 PM

Feb 2010
Everything in this anime was great, very funny and the ending was the best of it all! I loved this anime allot more than I thought I did until I reached the end. Everything is resolved and they all are enlightened and become better people and more ultimate than they were.
Apr 28, 2010 1:16 PM

Sep 2008
I loved the ending. It was fantastic.

(And a point for me for knowing before I watched this ep that Jin didn't die in the last episode. ;D )

I DID almost think that Mugen had actually died. But he's too stubborn to die like that. Should've known.

Anyway. Still loved the ending. Others have pointed out how Samurai Champloo was also good because it highlighted points of Japanese history... Err, maybe that was wasted on me. I remember some things but for the most part only paid enough attention to get me by, I suppose. Didn't learn much about Japanese history over, in my case at least... but I did really enjoy watching this! :D

DiHamma said:
2 words: superb show

I second that. :)
May 18, 2010 12:31 PM

Feb 2009
I loved this last episode, I must say it exceed my expectations.

This show started a bit slow and took some time to develop, but really this is just the nature of this anime, it's not about a continuous narrative nor it is a character-driven plot. Overall I greatly enjoyed it, apart from 3 or 4 episodes that really didn't do much for me... which is OK in a 26 episode series. The art, music and fluid animation are all very satisfying.

This sequence of episodes is seriously one of the best I've seen in anime: 20/21/24-26, superb, memorable. This anime get's an extra ranking point just because of those.
VeethornMay 18, 2010 12:38 PM
Jun 2, 2010 8:25 AM

Oct 2009
It was a great episode, and I guess it makes sense and all that the two guys would have gone their own separate ways, because they were only together to find the sunflower samurai.

But I so hoped that when Fuu explained about the coin and they'd decided they didn't want to kill each other, they all could have walked down the same path again.
When they showed them walking alone during the credits, I expected them to all magically end up in the same food bar or something.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SunSir - Mar 20, 2008

113 by Jamk_ »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akral - Sep 16, 2007

195 by Jamk_ »»
Yesterday, 12:07 PM

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

SunSir - Mar 20, 2008

167 by Natsu_20_ »»
Apr 26, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Scribbly - Jul 17, 2008

107 by Jamk_ »»
Apr 26, 12:00 PM

Poll: » Samurai Champloo Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

smokes - Nov 1, 2009

82 by Jamk_ »»
Apr 26, 7:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.