Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Oct 19, 2015 2:41 PM

Apr 2015
Weakest episode yet. (Still fun though) The beetle guy wasn't very interesting, just a typical overpowered villain.

Are we adding a ninja to the team next episode?
Oct 19, 2015 5:09 PM

Mar 2015
>sets eight floors full of traps
>Genos blows it up

Is there any lingering doubt that OPM is AOTS? Because I don't have any.
Oct 19, 2015 5:41 PM
Nov 2010
To be honest, I somehow don't quite find this episode as funny as the previous one, though I do get the jokes. I'm still hyped for it, though, so awaiting the next episode :)
Oct 19, 2015 7:07 PM

Jul 2015
Based Saitama
Oct 19, 2015 7:52 PM

Apr 2011
I like this.... but I have to say that the comedy really isn't working. It's not translating well from the manga at all. And no, it's not because I read the manga and know what to expect. I've read the manga at least thrice and laughed my ass off all three times. The anime either just can't execute it properly or it's not translating well into animated form.
Oct 19, 2015 8:01 PM
Jul 2018
"You turned Genos into a modern piece of art." BEST.
Oct 19, 2015 8:56 PM

Aug 2008
Time to put Saitama training routine into my schedule.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Oct 19, 2015 11:10 PM
Oct 2012
The ED is weird and kind of amusing. Really, I get so energetic after watching and then it just plays bed time music.
I suppose the jokes don't have the same feeling to them. I still find it really fun.
Oct 19, 2015 11:30 PM

Nov 2012
NOOO, THE BARGAIN SALE!!
this show is starting to grow on me, i really liked the comedy in this episode.
Oct 19, 2015 11:38 PM

Jun 2013
I lol'd so hard at the modern art line. Top notch
Oct 20, 2015 12:27 AM
Feb 2013
Some of the jokes were kind of weak. But this anime still far surpasses a lot of other anime right now.
Oct 20, 2015 12:32 AM

Feb 2011
Not going to bother defending the series from haters. If they aren't enjoying it, it won't stop me from enjoying it. I'd rather point out that it's all thanks to Genos that Saitama had time to make it to the sale. Destroying the building was indeed most efficient. As to why he's still following Saitama after learn his secret, you'll get a general idea as the series continues. As a reader, I do find it hard to watch when I already know what's coming next, so I dare not spoil it for those who aren't.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Oct 20, 2015 1:16 AM

Jul 2013
Nidhoeggr said:

Swordnoob said:

Nidhoeggr commenting without completely panning the show? On a comedy? AOTY people, AOTY

Anime just needs to put on quality. If more shows were like OPM, Lupin or Ping Pong I wouldn't be so bitter.

PS: Why is it that a good mayority of the people who dislikes OPM has a Monogatari avatar in these subforums? I just noticed that, weird coincedence.

hmm... thats weird. i am a fan of both. and really liking both.

to those who are nitpicking, chill, this is a parody series. you are not supposed to nitpick everything. (also later in the webcomic it is explained how those monsters and superheroes come from, but even the manga hasnt reached that far. guess they wont animate it at all (unless we get 2. season)
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Oct 20, 2015 1:35 AM

Apr 2011
LMAO I can't get enough of One Punch Man...
Oct 20, 2015 3:27 AM

Feb 2011
Nidhoeggr said:
Swordnoob said:
Nidhoeggr commenting without completely panning the show? On a comedy? AOTY people, AOTY

Anime just needs to put on quality. If more shows were like OPM, Lupin or Ping Pong I wouldn't be so bitter.

PS: Why is it that a good mayority of the people who dislikes OPM has a Monogatari avatar in these subforums? I just noticed that, weird coincedence.

aside from one user's spamming, which could have given the impression of there being more monogatari fans than how many there are
this could be the reason:

Top Airing Anime
One Punch Man
TV, 12 eps, scored 8.68
94,909 members
Owarimonogatari
TV, 12 eps, scored 8.67
35,501 members

usual MAL fanbase reaction, being fans on other shows to defend their favorite

but i've to agree with comments like "Weakest episode yet. (Still fun though)"
even in the manga this part was the weakest for me of all the first chapters, the comedy wasn't as good in some parts
like the sale day joke while asura rhino was in asura mode, that was a bit predictable, but in the anime they've still managed to improve it a bit

[mod edit: "one user's" substituted for username.[/i]
rodacOct 21, 2015 6:52 PM

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Oct 20, 2015 4:03 AM

Nov 2011
I like OPM but to be honest aside from Saitama being 'saikou' it hasn't done much.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 20, 2015 4:24 AM

Sep 2013
Zee530 said:
I like OPM but to be honest aside from Saitama being 'saikou' it hasn't done much.
*yet..
Oct 20, 2015 4:44 AM

Jun 2015
Only OPM has the power to stop scientific research and evolution.

Oct 20, 2015 6:00 AM

Apr 2014
I didn't like this episode unlike the first two. The jokes were weak and predictable, especially the ending one. Well at least the great action scenes made it up for me

2/5
Oct 20, 2015 6:42 AM

Oct 2015
Loved the episode, but does anyone know who voices Kabuto, he sounds like someone who was in Jojo
Oct 20, 2015 6:54 AM

Apr 2014
captainshoju said:
Loved the episode, but does anyone know who voices Kabuto, he sounds like someone who was in Jojo

The old Joseph Joestar voices him.
Oct 20, 2015 6:58 AM
Aug 2015
I used to take negative opinions on MAL forums seriously but that was before I saw some on OPM.
I mean it's in the top of the most popular mangas of all time for a reason u'know.
What else do you guys dislike ? Full Metal Alchemist maybe ?

Anyway, best episode yet
NzptOct 20, 2015 7:10 AM
Oct 20, 2015 7:07 AM

Jul 2014
"My master is interested in your body."
"I'm sorry, I don't have any interest in dudes."

All hail Saitama xD
Oct 20, 2015 7:09 AM

Apr 2014
Nzpt said:
I mean it's in the top of the most popular mangas of all time for a reason u'know.

Eh what are you even talking about?
Oct 20, 2015 7:27 AM

Nov 2011
The first part was so interesting, too bad that in the second half is going to diminishing this "feeling", especially the final battle was well perceived the obvious result, sin. Could better manage the play at the time, however, the fact remains that remains enjoyable watching this anime. Genos this time I seemed more "playful" than usual, but also Saitama was not outdone. Opening and ending beautiful.
Oct 20, 2015 7:59 AM
Dec 2014
Once again another great and hilarious episode of One Punch Man

One Punch Man FTW

Saitama FTW

Madhouse FTW
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2015 8:37 AM

May 2014
Damnnnnnn Saitama y u so badass
"A life that lives without doing anything is the same as a slow death" -Lelouch Vi Brittania
Oct 20, 2015 8:41 AM
Sep 2015
This anime is modern art. 10/10
Oct 20, 2015 8:52 AM

Apr 2014
hnamvt said:
This is a place to share everyone's interests with each other, so cant you guys stop ruining the mood?If you guys want to complaint about this anime that much why just not make an anti-OPM club and youre free to shit about anything you dislike there.

This is an episode "discussion" thread not for circlejerking.
Oct 20, 2015 9:01 AM

Nov 2014

Definitely the best joke in the episode.. XD XD

I've read this chapter before the episode air so i practically already know both exercise and market bargain joke, nevertheless it's still pretty hilarious.. This episode is the best so far and really entertaining for sure.. Can't wait to watch again next week..

5/5
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Oct 20, 2015 9:23 AM

Oct 2015
Z4k said:
captainshoju said:

The old Joseph Joestar voices him.

Thank you so much
Oct 20, 2015 10:14 AM

May 2009
Nzpt said:
I used to take negative opinions on MAL forums seriously but that was before I saw some on OPM.
What else do you guys dislike ? Full Metal Alchemist maybe ?

Anyway, best episode yet

Most of MAL users didn't learn yet that there is no point talking with contrarians. Which hate anything popular for sake of having different opinions.
Oct 20, 2015 11:04 AM

Sep 2015
yhunata said:
I like this.... but I have to say that the comedy really isn't working. It's not translating well from the manga at all. And no, it's not because I read the manga and know what to expect. I've read the manga at least thrice and laughed my ass off all three times. The anime either just can't execute it properly or it's not translating well into animated form.

Thank to write this in my place.
In this episode they've wasted the manga.
Oct 20, 2015 11:23 AM

Oct 2013
I'm sorry but this episode was the weakness episode so far. The comedy is really not working out, and it was pretty predictable. Well the fights still looks great, and I like the ost as well. I've already given up on watching this for the comedy, the cool action scenes and ost will have to be my top priority while watching this series.

Overall boring episode. 2/5.
Oct 20, 2015 11:27 AM

Dec 2013
keragamming said:
I'm sorry but this episode was the weakness episode so far. The comedy is really not working out, and it was pretty predictable. Well the fights still looks great, and I like the ost as well. I've already given up on watching this for the comedy, the cool action scenes and ost will have to be my top priority while watching this series.

Overall boring episode. 2/5.

There's nothing to be sorry about really. It really was weaker than the previous ones.
Oct 20, 2015 12:06 PM

Jul 2014
Z4k said:
hnamvt said:
This is a place to share everyone's interests with each other, so cant you guys stop ruining the mood?If you guys want to complaint about this anime that much why just not make an anti-OPM club and youre free to shit about anything you dislike there.

This is an episode "discussion" thread not for circlejerking.

This is funny, I said the exact same thing.

Finally read his comment though, and it seems he made his account and that was his first comment. Can't help but think he's being extremely sarcastic.
"Hi!"
Oct 20, 2015 12:13 PM

Nov 2013
Here we go with the butthurt monogatari fans again. You're just salty because OPM is ranked higher than Owari, go watch your fanservice harem shows and stop bothering us, please.
Oct 20, 2015 12:21 PM

Jan 2015
cant forget dem bargains!!
Oct 20, 2015 12:24 PM

Apr 2014
Lollo36 said:
Here we go with the butthurt monogatari fans again. You're just salty because OPM is ranked higher than Owari, go watch your fanservice harem shows and stop bothering us, please.
>muh mal score

check the sales kid thats all that matters
Oct 20, 2015 12:30 PM

Jul 2014
Considering I've somehow managed to make this episode discussion into a shithole, I see no reason of continuing:
moodie said:
>muh mal score

I was thinking of saying this to certain people (the person who goes by the name of ichii....), but I thought it'd be a slight overkill. Sure, OPM will rank higher than Owarimonogatari, may even surpass Monogatari second season. But at the end of the day, which series will make more profit?
"Hi!"
Oct 20, 2015 12:35 PM

Aug 2012
Man!! I'm so glad that Madhouse adapted this!!.
Oct 20, 2015 12:35 PM

Oct 2015
I loved the episode, very good jokes and comic remarks. Saitama training , I think I could not do even one day.
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Oct 20, 2015 12:37 PM

Dec 2013
moodie said:
Lollo36 said:
>muh mal score

go above 144p pls
Oct 20, 2015 1:04 PM

Jul 2013
moodie said:
Lollo36 said:
>muh mal score

YEEART said:
Considering I've somehow managed to make this episode discussion into a shithole, I see no reason of continuing:
moodie said:
>muh mal score

I was thinking of saying this to certain people (the person who goes by the name of ichii....), but I thought it'd be a slight overkill. Sure, OPM will rank higher than Owarimonogatari, may even surpass Monogatari second season. But at the end of the day, which series will make more profit?

who care..
Everyone have their own taste.
The ranks, the sales, don't matters, you should just enjoy or not your anime and care about your own tastes
Oct 20, 2015 1:20 PM

Sep 2011
YEEART said:
Lollo36 said:

I'll give u 1/10 for effort Lollo. Try again ex-nadeko forum set user ;)))))))

dont get cheeky with me m8, ill rekt u 'ard

Just correct a little thing there. It's not the monogatari fans(I'm one as well), it's just only you, yeeart.
It was fine at the beggining, but stop already. You already gave up on discussing the episode long ago, to just spam a bunch of butthurt comments
I give you a 1/10 for being an idiot. If you are here only for baits, congratulations, you got them. Want a cookie? Now leave
Oct 20, 2015 1:29 PM

Jul 2014
Veldin461 said:
YEEART said:

I'll give u 1/10 for effort Lollo. Try again ex-nadeko forum set user ;)))))))

dont get cheeky with me m8, ill rekt u 'ard

Just correct a little thing there. It's not the monogatari fans(I'm one as well), it's just only you, yeeart.
It was fine at the beggining, but stop already. You already gave up on discussing the episode long ago, to just spam a bunch of butthurt comments
I give you a 1/10 for being an idiot. If you are here only for baits, congratulations, you got them. Want a cookie? Now leave

Yeahhhh, no.

We're friends, it's banter.

Don't get involved in jokes you don't understand.
"Hi!"
Oct 20, 2015 1:36 PM

Jan 2011
didnt like this ep that much, im hoping Genos isnt just a punching bag
Oct 20, 2015 2:20 PM

Oct 2014
YEEART said:

You should make that comparison between OPM and Bakemonogatari (first season) though. Because OPM is a "new" title while the newest monogatari is a "sequel", and not even the first sequel. Of course then again it could be argued that they aired over 5 years apart. So this "comparison" really is not really a conclusive on in the first place, regardless of results.
Grey-ZoneOct 20, 2015 2:24 PM
Oct 20, 2015 2:50 PM

Sep 2013
moodie said:
>muh mal score

YEEART said:

lol you can't deny that the monogatari fanboys are mad cause OPM is here too steal the spotlight :)
We don't how much OPM will sell but that's not it's main revenue anyways, it's the manga and merch will be leaps beyond monogatari.
I expect atleast a 3 million+ overall manga boost at the absolute bare minimum next year.
---
LOL Murata joked on his stream the other day (while drawing the volume 10 cover arts) how 2-3 animators are going to die if Madhouse keep this up XD
DAMN :O
Oct 20, 2015 5:46 PM
Mar 2015
Does anyone know the name of the song that started playing right during the last fight? It was during the realization of the coupons.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2015

988 by KediTime12 »»
Jun 16, 11:44 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Truth4Lies - Oct 11, 2015

476 by Jiborjas »»
Jun 11, 10:42 AM

Poll: » should one punch man be called battle seinen?

deg - May 16

24 by phantom346 »»
May 22, 12:46 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2015

338 by FedeMetal »»
May 20, 6:30 PM

» serious question

z0idberger - May 5

45 by RickyHunt »»
May 20, 8:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.