Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 16, 2015 12:10 PM

Feb 2015
HAHAHA *MOE*.. I can't belive that is her name.
Well , this is getting interesting.

WTF is wrong with this face though?!.

That last minute scene was really giving me a big chill and the doll was really creppy. I like it. Can't wait to see what happen in the next episode!!!

Edit: MOE.... Want to be a drunker and a smoker..... WTF?!! YOU ARE A GIRL, MOE!!!
YizelTroOct 16, 2015 12:15 PM
Oct 16, 2015 12:23 PM

Mar 2014

Le quality A-1 animation

Not gonna lie though, I'm really liking it so far
walldotfm said:
So, she was in a sexual relationship with her uncle when she was, like, thirteen? Nice, very nice
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 16, 2015 12:29 PM

Nov 2014
Was a really interesting turn of events at the end of the episode, the pacing was still slow this time tough, so the mistery starts the next week.
Oct 16, 2015 1:24 PM
Jun 2012
mayukachan said:
Amarrez said:
Are you fucking serious? For all that this show tries to sell itself as an intellectual mystery, the characters sure do some dumb shit. Why didn't the guards just stop the cart? She wasn't actually racing off into the sunset.

Every time the show takes one step forward it finds away to take two backwards.
LOL THATS WHAT I THOUGHT. I was like "Why are y'all just standing there?"

I think what they tried to show with the arguing over the door was that this group is unwilling to take intuitive and get things done, being reliant on the director, who had left. It's not unrealistic, some organisational structures end up like that, especially with an authoritarian leader, which is not uncommon in more Conservative cultures like Japan.

On culture, I'm surprised so many anime watchers don't know that uncle and words like that are used as a form of adress in Japan (and many other countries).
Oct 16, 2015 2:41 PM

Sep 2013
MOE impressing with her car and riches :)
Looks like sensei does like her considering he still hangs out with her.

Magata is dead? :O
maybe she tranferred her memories into a doll or something.

Comic_Sans said:
So, she was in a sexual relationship with her uncle when she was, like, thirteen? Nice, very nice

She was just toying with him and when the uncle was slightly considering it she let's go.
Oct 16, 2015 3:30 PM
Apr 2015
This show sure is taking it's sweet time for mystery to unveil bit by bit.
And I am loving it.

Moe is cute as always. Her jealousy and banter with sensei is adorable.

Although the guards just stood there during the cart moving scene was stupid. I know they got frightened but none of them tried to stop the cart is hard to stomach. They are professional after all.
Oct 16, 2015 4:54 PM

Oct 2012
It's still great but did they dumbed down Moe since the last episode somehow? I really miss those clever dialogues she had with Souhei in his office.

And don't tell me the staff is so worthless they allowed Magata to escape, that's bordeline stupid and very hard to believe.

I still enjoy it and I especially liked those car flashbacks (though overall animation quality was worse than the last time) but I really wish they would do without those flaws.

And Deborah AI really reminds me of Sybil from Psycho-Pass.

Edit: Well, it would be interesting twist if Magata and Moe were cooperating together. Who knows this could turn out into something similiar like Cruel Intentions or Wild Things in a way.
But judging by her words near the sea she is probably just imitating her because she wants to get Souhei to like her.
Mich666Oct 16, 2015 5:22 PM
Oct 16, 2015 5:42 PM

Feb 2013
Wow.. I LOVED the creepy ending and how we get to know more about Magata. I can't wait for episode 3 now. This is starting to look very interesting.
Oct 16, 2015 6:04 PM

Dec 2014
Bizarre show. Its likely going to pick up soon enough though. Surprisingly great OP as well.

There were parts that I felt were kind of boring, though better than Gate in that regard. If this show doesn't get something as stupid as a whole episode about the characters bathing I'd be happy. (Also that black haired-girl is 13 but she says she's been in that room for 15 years. Did I miss something there?)
Oct 16, 2015 6:27 PM

Dec 2014
This is where things start to pick up.
Oct 16, 2015 6:38 PM

Aug 2015
Well, ok then. That was certainly a trip. What in the hell is this woman?

On a separate note, I'm really appreciating the Alfa Romeo.
There is nothing that cannot be stolen by Mouse.
Oct 16, 2015 6:39 PM

Jul 2012
Helpme said:
mayukachan said:
LOL THATS WHAT I THOUGHT. I was like "Why are y'all just standing there?"

I think what they tried to show with the arguing over the door was that this group is unwilling to take intuitive and get things done, being reliant on the director, who had left. It's not unrealistic, some organisational structures end up like that, especially with an authoritarian leader, which is not uncommon in more Conservative cultures like Japan.

On culture, I'm surprised so many anime watchers don't know that uncle and words like that are used as a form of adress in Japan (and many other countries).
I probably would have done something at least.
Oct 16, 2015 9:10 PM

Feb 2015
Great Episode
Slow paced, but became awesome till ending
Looking forward to next Ep :D
Oct 16, 2015 10:27 PM

Feb 2014
That was fucking creepy. The atmosphere is so good right now. Loving the character banter.
Oct 16, 2015 11:06 PM

Mar 2015
The Deborah A1 reminds me of this AI voiced by Pierce Brosnan in The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror Episode which tries to kill the whole Simpsons family. I hope the Deborah AI isn't the murderer here but that wouldn't surprise me considering some theories already floating around online and the hints/atmosphere in the OP/ED.

Speaking of atmosphere, I'm starting to notice some symbolism such as this loop on the table depicting the symbol for infinity. (Someone above posted a pic). What could that hint to ?
Then again I was a huge True Detective season 1 fan so I might be looking a bit too much into symbolism.
Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.
Oct 17, 2015 12:01 AM
Sep 2015
The pace is fine to me, it might seem slow but I like the smooth and relaxed pace. The thing is there are quite a few interesting things going on but in a subtle manner so I'm not surprised about impatient or simple minded people complaining about the pace, lol.
Oct 17, 2015 12:02 AM
Jun 2015
Huh...13 yr seducing her uncle?the uncle's monokgoues were weird too.. XD

That moe is getting on my nerves...
Oct 17, 2015 12:47 AM

Oct 2008
Burger-Meister said:
(Also that black haired-girl is 13 but she says she's been in that room for 15 years. Did I miss something there?)

I feel like you're one of the few people who actually pay attention lol

Basically this anime is also putting in stuff from the Shiki series of books which give more background to Magata. The car scene is not happening in present time.
Oct 17, 2015 1:13 AM
Dec 2014
komasan said:
Burger-Meister said:
(Also that black haired-girl is 13 but she says she's been in that room for 15 years. Did I miss something there?)

Basically this anime is also putting in stuff from the Shiki series of books which give more background to Magata. The car scene is not happening in present time.

So it was a flashback? I kept wondering if it was a young Dr Magata in the car or if it was her younger sister who the director supposedly left to pick up.
Oct 17, 2015 1:41 AM

Oct 2008
^ The director left in a helicopter for one. Of course he could always switch to a car but you would have to make an additional assumption here. Another thing is the driver called the girl "Shiki" so we know that it is her.
Oct 17, 2015 3:04 AM

Apr 2012
I haven't read the novel but pacing in the anime seems slow compared to the drama. Moe also seems a bit more dislikable in the anime but oh well. I can't wait to see how this case works out in this series because I do see different approaches.
Oct 17, 2015 3:53 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Shock_Yin said:

That inner beauty monologue, you really try to make otakus feel better didn't you. Come on that monologue was bloody stupid, so you're saying all those people inspired by nature to create things, are not as beautiful as on the inside as people who never goes out side, right. Man that psycopath living in isolation has a lot of inner beauty. Seriosly the episode went pretty good until he sprouted his pretentious lectures.

Let us just go to an island, where we can't contact the outside world and there's a person on the island, who we have heard has killed her parents, she's also a super genius btw. Oh look something went wrong after 15 years, what a coincidence. Let the murders begin, I say Moe should get killed first, she will not be missed. Except if she's the murderer, if that was true M. Night Shaymalan can eat his heart out.
Also people working on the island has to contact the boat beforehand and the helicopter is gone. So no escape routes. Nope doesn't smell like a death trap at all guys.

The monologue is neither stupid nor pretentious, some people honestly just think differently. What Saikawa said gives you insight on what kind of person he is and how he thinks. He really isn't trying to be pretentious, he's just saying what he thinks after hearing what Nishinosono said.

They're going to the island because Nishinosono wants to impress and please Saikawa by taking him to Magata's lab. Saikawa said in the first episode that there are no scientists who doesn't want to meet her, therefore Nishinosono took the opportunity of choosing to go to that island for the seminar. Even Saikawa couldn't reject, he would love to be in the same place as the mysterious and genius Magata.

As for coincidence, not really a major spoiler but

The island is supposed to be safe, with no one living there except the people in the lab. No murders have happened in the last 15 years (they didn't say this but it's probably true), so why would anyone think that they would get killed on the island? I think you're just nitpicking at this point.

komasan said:
tingy said:
At the pace they're going at, I wouldn't be surprised if this case takes half the season to finish, and maybe finish it off with the last case?

I thought the same before the anime begun, but seeing this pace now I think they intend only to do the first novel. As they're taking 3 episodes just to set down the case I don't think they could fit in another story. Afaik they're also putting in content from the Shiki series of books in this episode.

Probably, and I wouldn't mind if they did take the whole season to finish up this case. Only it would feel very incomplete with just one season then, because by the time this case ends, there will still be unanswered questions about the characters and there will be a lot of complaints and/or nitpicks.
tingyOct 17, 2015 3:58 AM
Oct 17, 2015 5:38 AM

Apr 2013
I am in awe, yet I don't really know what happened.
Oct 17, 2015 5:40 AM

Dec 2010
...this episode was totally unexpected, more mystery
Oct 17, 2015 6:29 AM

Dec 2012
Really a intriguing episode. I don't mind the slow pacing if it's to develop the characters or the story.
This ending was creepy (o.o)
Oct 17, 2015 7:13 AM

May 2013
Wooooooooah that end
The world shall know the truth soon.
Oct 17, 2015 7:21 AM

Mar 2013
For all the people getting annoyed by Moe, that's the intention lol
Oct 17, 2015 8:24 AM

May 2015
Moe is annoying me, she's acting like a spoilt jealous little girl around Sohei. I wish she'd just get over it.

It seems everyone in the laboratory has forgotten how to walk now they have Deborah, including Dr. Magata.

Even though those things annoyed me, I still cant wait for the next episode, this is starting to get interesting!

Also I'm placing bets that it was actually Dr. Magata's younger sister who murdered their parents and she took the blame for it to protect her.
CheriCakeOct 17, 2015 8:28 AM
Oct 17, 2015 8:32 AM

Apr 2011
Best episode so far that doll was creepy as fuck can't wait until next week
Oct 17, 2015 8:58 AM

Nov 2013
Oh dear I'm asleep after watching this episode
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Oct 17, 2015 9:20 AM

Nov 2011
Felt really dull aside from the last 5 mins, also what happened to the philosophical script, felt like a different show.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 17, 2015 5:01 PM

Nov 2012
Really liking Magata, Moe not so much. She's getting on my nerves >.<

Oct 17, 2015 5:19 PM

May 2015
Interesting episode, but damn, that last part was creepy.

Oct 17, 2015 9:04 PM

Dec 2009
lx4 said:
komasan said:

So it was a flashback? I kept wondering if it was a young Dr Magata in the car or if it was her younger sister who the director supposedly left to pick up.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Thought that was the younger sister that the director was picking up. Took me awhile to register that scene was a flashback instead of it being in the present time.
Oct 18, 2015 12:42 AM

Apr 2013
Whew, that ending was really creepy. I like where this is going.
Oct 18, 2015 2:08 AM

Mar 2012
I'm guessing the doc is dead and this is going to turn into a locked room mystery :)

ArchimeM said:
SchwingBoner said:

A 13-year old Shiki trying to seduce a married man. Well she is playing a dangerous game.

The best kind of game...
And didn't she call him uncle? We're killin 2 birds with one stone here XD

Oct 18, 2015 5:05 AM

Oct 2014
While the rise of atmosphere of this show makes me happy, the drop of the MAL score of this show makes me sad
HOW TO SAVE ANIME IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS

1. To have Mars of Destruction, Skelter Heaven, and Pupa properly adapted in TV series form by Madhouse
  2. To have Inferno Cop properly adapted in TV series form by Bones, director: Urobuchi Gen
  3. An anime crossover of Mushishi x ARIA x Haibane Renmei.

Should even one of the above conditions cannot be done, anime is still at risk.
Oct 18, 2015 10:58 AM

Jul 2009
I still don't know what to think, most parts of it was kinda boring.
The only part interesting was the end, with the "doll"
Oct 18, 2015 11:17 AM

Sep 2014
Pretty interesting, some things going on give off the vibe that something is just not right, which is good and keeps me watching.
Oct 18, 2015 8:15 PM
Jun 2013
man, story just got i n t e r e s t i n g !!
Oct 18, 2015 9:28 PM

May 2015
Great episode and a perfect way to end it, imo. We got an essential and great amount of characterization in this episode. I like my mystery stories to take their time building, so I’m happy how this is turning out. Eagerly waiting for the next episode.

FloatingList said:
While the rise of atmosphere of this show makes me happy, the drop of the MAL score of this show makes me sad

Don’t worry bro about such trivial things. It happens all the time, especially for slow paced series (heavily dialog driven = aka “boring”) like this. Also, this is MAL we are talking about, ranking and rating should be taken with a grain of salt, especially at the beginning of any anime season.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Oct 19, 2015 5:49 AM

Jun 2014
komasan said:
Note that the conversation in the car brought up the girl's age (13).
Magata has been isolated in the lab for 15 years.
The director of the lab left by helicopter, not a car.

There's a lot of details that should be paid attention to.

isn't it means the car scene was happened in the past?
if it's true Magata should be at least 28 y.o and the director is that old man in the car.

btw dont you think Magata reminds you of Transcendence?
SeangelOct 19, 2015 6:45 AM
Oct 19, 2015 12:39 PM

Jun 2014
dat last scene... insta-drop.

Oct 19, 2015 1:15 PM
Jan 2014
"That kinda life is beautiful as well", "To find nature beautiful is unnatural. It means they're unclean". Either A) he's a hypocrite or b) he's really self loathing and thinks his life is unclean too.

Air is part of mother nature, so it's litterally impossible to cut off from it and survive, except if he meant the sight of it. Except you can see your own hands and other parts of your body, so yeah it's litterally impossible to cut off from mother nature.

tingy said:
Shock_Yin said:

That inner beauty monologue, you really try to make otakus feel better didn't you. Come on that monologue was bloody stupid, so you're saying all those people inspired by nature to create things, are not as beautiful as on the inside as people who never goes out side, right. Man that psycopath living in isolation has a lot of inner beauty. Seriosly the episode went pretty good until he sprouted his pretentious lectures.

Let us just go to an island, where we can't contact the outside world and there's a person on the island, who we have heard has killed her parents, she's also a super genius btw. Oh look something went wrong after 15 years, what a coincidence. Let the murders begin, I say Moe should get killed first, she will not be missed. Except if she's the murderer, if that was true M. Night Shaymalan can eat his heart out.
Also people working on the island has to contact the boat beforehand and the helicopter is gone. So no escape routes. Nope doesn't smell like a death trap at all guys.

The monologue is neither stupid nor pretentious, some people honestly just think differently. What Saikawa said gives you insight on what kind of person he is and how he thinks. He really isn't trying to be pretentious, he's just saying what he thinks after hearing what Nishinosono said.

They're going to the island because Nishinosono wants to impress and please Saikawa by taking him to Magata's lab. Saikawa said in the first episode that there are no scientists who doesn't want to meet her, therefore Nishinosono took the opportunity of choosing to go to that island for the seminar. Even Saikawa couldn't reject, he would love to be in the same place as the mysterious and genius Magata.

As for coincidence, not really a major spoiler but

The island is supposed to be safe, with no one living there except the people in the lab. No murders have happened in the last 15 years (they didn't say this but it's probably true), so why would anyone think that they would get killed on the island? I think you're just nitpicking at this point.

You can think differently sure, but as soon as you say it it's not thought anymore anyway. So I don't get your point. Also when you have no sound arguements or evidence to back up your claims, you just sound stupid. This is a given and nowhere in that speech he gave any arguements to why it's unnatural, therefor his statements lacked any meaning of sense. Ergo it was stupid.

You found my one misstake, me using coincidence instead of convienient. Of course someone planned this.
Shock_YinOct 19, 2015 2:00 PM

Oct 19, 2015 4:08 PM

May 2014
Meh, nice ep. We get to know more about this professor that is suspected for killing her own parent. She look like a nice woman.

Moe is tricking people. LOL. Got to say she is cute when she make that tounge expression Really kawaii. ^_^
Oct 19, 2015 4:09 PM

May 2014
Ale1212 said:
At this moment I thought "Hell, no! She's about to give him head!"

Thanks god I was wrong. Nice episode overall.

I liked the china girl for some reason.

LOL, well I thought different. For me it were crashing the car by distracting him from the way. :/ That expression she got were after all very creepy and scary. :/
Oct 20, 2015 3:43 AM

Aug 2013
Isolated island with no phone single - Checked
Lock-down creepy facility - Checked
Genius psychopath killer on the loose - Checked

Let's the Killing Begin!!!
Oct 20, 2015 10:52 AM

Nov 2012
i liked the last few minutes, but everything else kind of bored me tbh. still not sure in which direction this series is going...
Oct 21, 2015 10:19 AM

Nov 2009
In the first half I was getting so fed up with Nishinosono's jealousy fits. She wants Saikawa to take her seriously and return her affection, yet she's such an immature brat about it. Fed up with her, seriously.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Oct 21, 2015 7:33 PM

Jul 2014
Why does nobody realize what happend at the end?

That wasn't a fucking doll. Her dead upper body got rolled out of the door. That was creepy! Also she didn't had any arms. If you read the description of the anime:

"Genius programmer Shiki Magata has been living in isolation at a research facility on a solitary island since she was a girl. Nagono University associate professor Souhei Saikawa and Moe Nishinosono wish to meet Shiki in person, so they visit the facility but get caught up in a murderous game."

We have our victim.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2015

230 by ontans »»
Sep 23, 5:15 PM

» How was the aunt unaware about Miki?

--l-- - Dec 23, 2015

5 by Sisyphus_the_max »»
Sep 16, 2:34 PM

» Just dreamt about the character design 🤔

nakitama21 - Jul 29

0 by nakitama21 »»
Jul 29, 9:51 PM

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2015

176 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 18, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2015

81 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 18, 9:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.