Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 24, 2015 5:45 AM
Jun 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Hmm...some erina backstory and save-erina arc incoming...

really felt bad for erina by seeing azami's treatment in the past...

And azami was the third seat? well, well...
Sep 24, 2015 6:37 AM

May 2014
At least we got some info and confirmations this chapter.

Also, so Aizen is a titan now?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2015 8:43 AM

Mar 2012
damn, no wonder Erina can't refute his words even if she wants to, even if Azami manages to change in the future, I'd never forgive that kind of treatment towards his very own daughter
Sep 24, 2015 9:31 AM
Apr 2015
Azami third seat???Fuck him
Sep 24, 2015 1:40 PM
Apr 2013
The scans are out??? Link please!!!!!!!
Sep 24, 2015 6:18 PM

Dec 2011
Freaking called it. Now it is confirmed.

From my chapter 133 post
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2015 7:00 PM
Nov 2014
Fiji said:

From my chapter 133 post

Since The bloke was banished from Nakiri family.. No wonder.. they chnaged name to delete traces in history.. Rich family does that.. :3
Sep 25, 2015 12:46 AM

Aug 2010
So Azami was the 3rd seat when he was in his 1st year? Damn! And they say Erina is legendary for being 10th as a first year. How OP is that guy O_o

I felt so sad for Erina seeing how Azami mind broke her. Her innocent smile when Azami told her "I'm gonna teach u about Cuisine" was so adorable but t it was her last smile during childhood ;_;
She was so cute when she asked Alice to send her letters <3

So Senzaemon really asked Souma to help Erina :D can't wait to see how he replies.
Sep 25, 2015 10:39 AM
Nov 2013
Barion-Zara said:
So Azami was the 3rd seat when he was in his 1st year? Damn! And they say Erina is legendary for being 10th as a first year. How OP is that guy O_o

I felt so sad for Erina seeing how Azami mind broke her. Her innocent smile when Azami told her "I'm gonna teach u about Cuisine" was so adorable but t it was her last smile during childhood ;_;
She was so cute when she asked Alice to send her letters <3

So Senzaemon really asked Souma to help Erina :D can't wait to see how he replies.

Technically, Erina got her seat before she formally enter high school division. And we're still in first year arc so there's high chance that Erina'll beat a higher seat soon imo. Dojima did say that she's the greatest masterpiece since the academy foundation (unless he's just joking around which is quite unlikely).

---

So, Erina was a cheerful girl as a child until what Azami did to her and a few people have already try to help Erina in the past (Alice, Hisako's father, Joichiro, Leonara, Natsu and Hisako) but still can't completely free her heart from the birdcage, huh?

Didn't expect the continuation of eating Alice's cake scene though :).
Sep 25, 2015 4:05 PM

Aug 2012
I'll bet soma will help Erina, its just who he is.
I wonder how he will help maybe challenge azami or the defected members of the erlite 10
Oh, maybe this is how Erina will develop feelings for Soma. The author did say it will happen.
Sep 25, 2015 6:22 PM

May 2010
LOl that's why hegot banished? I was expecting more drama behind it.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Sep 26, 2015 2:29 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Wow, so Erina's father was the third seat from the Elite 10 from the batch of Doujima Gin and Jouichirou.

Erina's father is a real devil, I say. Just what kind of sick brainwashing was that?! -_- Now Senzaemon begs for Souma to save Erina. What will you do, Souma-kun?
Sep 26, 2015 2:38 AM
Apr 2013
I knew that would be Nakiri Grandpa's request. lol

Confucius said:
LOl that's why hegot banished? I was expecting more drama behind it.
Call me mean but I thought the same lol I was like "that's not really extreme..." XD
Sep 26, 2015 2:53 AM

Dec 2009
We got some really nice reveals in this chapter. Loved the mini reunion with Joichiro and Gin.

And of course Soma will say yes! It will be really unlike him if he said otherwise.
Sep 26, 2015 2:57 AM

Aug 2014
The author called it, at the end of this arc Erina will develop feelings for Soma-kun! Now I can't help but wonder what the next aec will be about, and how tsundere-Erina will act on her feelings.

We've seen her tsundere lot of times, but was it really the case? I mean, based on what Senzaemon explained, maybe it's not the case.

Interesting character development inc., called it.
Sep 26, 2015 3:02 AM

Jan 2012
Oh alright so Azami isn't Senzaemon's actual son, I thought he was. Interesting....now I'm even more curious about Senzaemon's daughter/Erina's mom. Azami was certainly made out to be quite the monster. Great visuals as usual. Should be fun, this rescue Erina arc. :D
Sep 26, 2015 3:14 AM

Mar 2012
Here begins an Erina-focused arc. Although Senzaemon is directly asking Souma for help, I figure Dojima and Jouichiro will be major players in this arc as well. Would certainly be the best time for Erina to find out that Jouichiro is Souma's father.

Fiji said:

From my chapter 133 post

Indeed, you did. Haha, that was the first thing I thought of once I saw that page that confirmed it in this chapter. xD
Sep 26, 2015 3:16 AM

Nov 2011
Erina was cute as a kid.

This chapter makes me hate her father even more...
Hope Souma can teach that man a lesson he won't ever forget.
Sep 26, 2015 3:47 AM

Jun 2013
yes finally they doing some Souma x erina stuff they were hinting since the start that Erina wasnt there just to occasionally show up
Sep 26, 2015 3:50 AM

Aug 2015
Well , Well , now we do have a development about Soma and Erina. I personally didn't want this end , but .... I'm sure it's the best option like this.

Oh ! Right , I wonder where they could be Gin and Jouichirou. I hope it has a meaning for them to appear at the beginning. I think that they are fully aware of what treat can Azami be if he's given power. He was the 3rd seat in his 1 year of high school. (wonder if he was lower in middle school years as Jouichirou and Gin if they were too , but probably not) We can also that Jouichirou did go all the way to his 3rd year but didn't graduate. (it's more precise , 'cause before I don't think if we knew that he was a 3rd year or not)

I love the casual scene when Soma speak with Senzaemon , it's like they are grand-son and grand-pa' LOL

About the expulsion of Azami as a Nakiri , we know , and it's reassuring , that it wasn't something more serious than brain-washing his daughter. For a cook , this brain-washing can be very serious if there isn't anything against it. And with the FB , we can see our Erina-tama ~ <3 smiling *o* !!

Apparently , we can assume that Jouichirou was hired after this "disaster" and there we are where we are now ;P

Seriously , I hope the next chapter will have a bigger impact. So eager to see the next one now T.T
"Slowly but surely."-Me

Hey Pals Let's Be Unique!
Sep 26, 2015 4:11 AM

Jun 2014
Oh damn Erina has been corrupted by her father big time. That scene with the wasted food really portrays his devilish character.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Sep 26, 2015 4:12 AM

Dec 2011
It was as expected but nice to see some info about Erina's father who was the 3rd elite in Joichiro time.Now for Souma to go in war....
Sep 26, 2015 4:15 AM

Dec 2011
People here saying brainwashing a kid isn't extreme

k
Sep 26, 2015 4:27 AM

Aug 2015
OMG ! I passed by something , in fact Azami isn't the son of Senzaemon , but his son-in-law. So yeah , it means that it's her mother who's a Nakiri. (sorry if it was already said , but I don't read all the comments)
At the same page , we see Azami saying : "This is regrettable father-in-law. My education would eventually have perfected god's tongue." For me it means that he was aware of the risk by doing this. So he was somehow prepared to face the repercussion.
"Slowly but surely."-Me

Hey Pals Let's Be Unique!
Sep 26, 2015 4:28 AM

Nov 2013
And there we have it. "Pls save Erina for me"...meh.
I really love how every damn Manga is going the same way, when it comes to romance. Mc has to help the annoying bitch so she can be nice to the person she treated like shit and they can start a relationship. /bs

It's just great! Shitting on the development/interactions he had with Megumi just to give us the forced crap that was planned from the start. So hard to go a different way, right? Will be awesome to see Megum thrown to the side and only showing up once in awhile now..

I hope this helping Erina crap ends fast and we can move on to the things what makes this Manga so awesome.
NishiouSep 26, 2015 4:42 AM
Sep 26, 2015 4:48 AM

Dec 2014
What a POS that Azami....

Well, there it is, Grandpa Nakiri's request to Souma:

Save Nakiri Erina. :)

(Crap, the Souma x Alice ship... When will it sail??? XD)
Sep 26, 2015 4:53 AM

Apr 2014
3rd seat
haha let's go
A stupid thread deserves a stupid answer!
Sep 26, 2015 5:28 AM

Jun 2014
WoW ... My hatred for Azami is like a raging fire right now. I believe that Jouichiro and Dojima will return to Tootsuki, because they can't let things stay like that. Also now that Erina has no close people around her, Soma has to act fast, or she will regress to how she was in the beginning. Someone really has to teach Azami and the traitors of the Elite Ten a lesson. And most of all, they should change the rules so that the Elite Ten don't have so much of an impact, otherwise the Director is just a puppet. I am sure that after Soma heard Senzaemon's story about Erina, he will put his Bandana on his head and there will be blood. If he tells him about how much Erina respects Jouichiro he will want to help her even more.
Sep 26, 2015 6:10 AM
Apr 2014
So Azami isn't even a Nakiri
He's still a monster though, reaching the 3rd seat in only his first year and doing it in Joichirou and Gin's generation on top of that.
Yay Erina becomes a damsel in distress, great character development.

Fiji said:

From my chapter 133 post

Nice foreshadowing, I wonder if Riko Ebizawa is the mother of a current character.
Drake1000Sep 26, 2015 6:25 AM
Sep 26, 2015 6:12 AM

Sep 2015
Omg why does azami remind me of sugou....
Makes me wanna slit his throat and hang him on a tree😡😡

Lies are full
of endless possibilies.
Sep 26, 2015 6:17 AM

Feb 2012
Senzaemon having a lot of respect on Yukihira, this ought to be interesting development.
Sep 26, 2015 6:23 AM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
This is what he said "I beg you, save Erina for me!" and this is what I read, "Yukihira, please sleep with Erina!"

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Sep 26, 2015 6:30 AM

Sep 2014
well we have ourselves one big piece of shit of a father!!!
lets go save the princess soma!!!!!!!!!!!!
jooichirou and dojima incoming!!!
*people die when they are killed* - emiya shirou.......
Sep 26, 2015 6:34 AM
Jun 2015
Mephisto62 said:
OMG ! I passed by something , in fact Azami isn't the son of Senzaemon , but his son-in-law. So yeah , it means that it's her mother who's a Nakiri. (sorry if it was already said , but I don't read all the comments)
At the same page , we see Azami saying : "This is regrettable father-in-law. My education would eventually have perfected god's tongue." For me it means that he was aware of the risk by doing this. So he was somehow prepared to face the repercussion.

Yup...I thought he was senzaemon's son....

Plot twist:- what will happen if souma refuses?
Sep 26, 2015 6:50 AM

Jul 2008
Nice to see Souma's dad and Gin reunited :D it won't be long until Erina falls for Souma and find out about his father's identity :) Come on just let Souma and Erina out on a real date once, out with that misunderstanding and coincidence kind of date :D
Sep 26, 2015 7:18 AM

Jul 2014
Shokugeki no Souma doing a Tokyo Ghoul.
Sep 26, 2015 7:23 AM

Mar 2014
We knew that he Azami was the third seat, but not that he was only at first year back then.

And what can Souma possibily do to save her?
Sep 26, 2015 7:43 AM

Jan 2011
Whoa, so Azami was also a third seat and in the same year level as Gin and Jouichirou. Seems like Erina had a very bad past with her father and that's what ultimately made become really stubborn towards tasting food and looking down upon people. Those flashback scenes were very dark and it really shows how scared Erina was. Senzaemon begs Souma to save Erina. Oh yes, this is what we've been waiting for, actual Souma x Erina arc. Let's go!
Sep 26, 2015 7:56 AM

Apr 2013
a reunite with old friend + now we know why Erina oju-sama is picky about food it is because of her father teaching (POOR ERINA-SAMA T_T)
Sep 26, 2015 8:03 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Azami is such an elitist

...and now I'm quite emphatic on Erina, she was poisoned so hard by an elitist

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 26, 2015 8:43 AM
Aug 2015
That was awesome. I'm glad Gin and Jouichirou reunited. I wasn't even expecting to see them this chapter. I liked their reactions when they found out Azami became director. They know something terrible is about to go down. XD

Wow, that brainwashing was straight up child abuse, he even hurt her when she didn't want to waste food. No wonder he lost custody and got banished. I wanted to kill him when I saw how he treated Erina.

Souma describing Erina as 'always on edge' and the author adding a blurb that Souma has no idea that's mostly his fault made me giggle. I find it adorable when MC's don't get the whole tsundere thing. XD

I know I said I don't like Erina getting damseled, but damn it, Senzaemon's request still gave me feels. Seeing a powerful man like that bowing to a highschooler is pretty intense. I hope Souma saves Erina.

Seeing as how Senzaemon seemed relieved to not be director anymore, I doubt he's gonna try and take his spot back. Saving Erina is probably going to involve getting Azami to change somehow. (Most likely after the MC beats him going by Shounen logic)
Sep 26, 2015 8:55 AM

Nov 2011
Dude is the 3rd seat during his first year? OP as hell. What kind of food does this kind of people eat anyway?
Kaiser-chanSep 26, 2015 9:02 AM

Sep 26, 2015 11:28 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Azami was a third seat and (probably is still) a titan. Also, it was Azami's wife that was a Nakiri, not him himself. After 136 chapters, Erina finally might get character development!

4/5
Sep 26, 2015 12:22 PM

Apr 2014
ERINA DEVELOPMENT! ITS HAPPENING. Also, Azami was a third seat during his FIRST YEAR. What a fucking beast.
Sep 26, 2015 12:35 PM

Sep 2013
Will the plot tie Erina's development and Soma's mother? Whether she's alive or not? Latest chapters just keep ending on high note cliffhangers. 137...where u at?
Sep 26, 2015 1:34 PM

Jul 2015
I hope this manga doesn't end with an Erina x Souma event after defeating Aizen. I hope it'll go through all three years of their highschool lives.
Sep 26, 2015 1:49 PM

Aug 2014
natsucule said:
Will the plot tie Erina's development and Soma's mother? Whether she's alive or not? Latest chapters just keep ending on high note cliffhangers. 137...where u at?

Soma's mom has been stated dead by the author
Sep 26, 2015 2:10 PM

Sep 2015
ReaperX- said:
I hope this manga doesn't end with an Erina x Souma event after defeating Aizen. I hope it'll go through all three years of their highschool lives.

me too
Sep 26, 2015 2:50 PM

Apr 2013
Tsundere rescue arc is on the way.
Sep 26, 2015 3:27 PM

Oct 2014
Great chapter. All on board the Erina x Souma hypetrain
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Thoughts on Food Wars ending?

cryingeggroll - Sep 19, 2019

31 by CanineSmack2 »»
Jul 20, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Chapter 315 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Arjuna777 - Jun 12, 2019

134 by addictedtoliving »»
Aug 5, 2023 5:38 AM

» COMPLETED Compilation of All Recipes!

kayune_ - Aug 1, 2022

4 by reedread »»
Feb 13, 2023 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Chapter 283 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2018

24 by uglycat »»
Oct 23, 2022 10:42 AM

Poll: » Our Love Counseling Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2014

18 by removed-user »»
Oct 2, 2022 6:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.