Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist. Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 5, 2015 10:56 AM

Oct 2008
Comment in the 1st episode: The mountain (K2) that Hibiki & Chris busted-down/leveled is now the 3rd highest mountain in the world!
3/5.

Jul 5, 2015 2:47 PM

Jun 2011
Great first episode! Rip K2 tho...
The Maria & Tsubasa soundtrack though... amazingly beautiful! STARDUSTO! ;)
I'm feeling thank you
Jul 5, 2015 3:52 PM

Feb 2012
Barion-Zara said:

New antagonists seem really interesting ^^ Dat dancing puppet woman and loli witch. I assume they're working together?

As i've seen from the official website Carol has a twin sister (the one we see at the very beginning with the cape)

And the doll lady works with that mysterious woman you also see and the beginning ( and two other dolls featured on the official website) .They were trying to hurt that twin sister so I don't think they work together
Jul 5, 2015 5:29 PM

Dec 2014
YES! I've been waiting for this!!

-DAT SUPLEX
-DAT LOLI TRYING TO RUN AWAY
-DAT BOX
-DAT LOLI WITCH
-DOSE TWO HOLDING HANDS
-DAT DUET

We should all now acknowledge K2 as the third tallest mountain in the world.
Jul 6, 2015 2:14 AM
Jan 2009
Oh my God. That was so over the top. Animation, dialogs and music were way better than the previous seasons. I never expected this and now I'm so hyped for the rest of the season.

Ascencion of K2 is gonna be much easier now. Thanks Yukine and Hibiki.
Jul 6, 2015 8:03 AM

Jul 2008
The show has always been an up and down throughout its seasons but it's a good time waster :D however they started the first episode of this season very well :)
Jul 6, 2015 10:31 AM

Apr 2009
As expected, best first episode of the season.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jul 6, 2015 11:05 AM

Sep 2011
Okay, this was downright fantastic in every way! And it seems they got a serious budget upgrade.
Jul 6, 2015 11:16 AM

Feb 2014
OH MY GOSH THAT WAS SO AWESOME! I was super excited for this season and it did not disappoint!

Haha they destroy part of a mountain: it's now the 3rd highest mountain the world xD

Stopping the shuttle and flipping it over, smashing through buildings, sword fights with what appear to be sentient mannequins, and green beam spamming...SO MUCH AWESOME ACTION!

I wonder why that little girl is running away, and what is in that box she was holding.

I loved the ED, and the concert song was also very good!

Looking forward very much to the next episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2015 1:50 PM

Oct 2011
i didn't think they could Top last season's First ep

Boy oh boy was i wrong best First ep in a while 10/10
jeffuJul 6, 2015 1:54 PM

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Jul 6, 2015 4:19 PM

May 2013
"K2 is now only the third highest mountain in the world!"

I normally never watch this kind of anime but somehow just kept watching after the first 5 minutes... Damn, that was HYPE! xD
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Jul 6, 2015 4:24 PM

Nov 2010
It's like the entire episode was a climax! Whoever hated this has no business watching anime in my opinion.

The only thing that would make this better would be more male characters with sideburns punching through walls. I hope the chief sees more action in this season.
Jul 6, 2015 6:22 PM

Oct 2007
Sury said:
Okay, this was downright fantastic in every way! And it seems they got a serious budget upgrade.

It seemed like that at the start of the last season too and then it cratered right back to where it was in the first season so I don't see why it's not going to happen again. It's like all the franchise really would have to do for me is have gar girls punch monsters in the face with good sakuga and I'd at least view it as a guilty pleasure but nope. I see little point in one cour TV series that are only going to have serviceable production values for the first couple of episodes. Might as well make it an OVA franchise and do like 3 x 1 hour a pop in that case so it'd at least be able to keep up something resembling a standard.
Jul 6, 2015 11:58 PM

Feb 2010
This anime is dumb, I love it. Classic, they got the two grannies singing together, lmao. Nana's new song is actually quite good. Then we have Maria being her usual dumb self. She just saw the woman drained the life out of her bodyguard and redirected bullets killing the other, that definitely ain't no human. Nanchan displaying her awesome voice acting skills, this is why she's top ranking in 3D waifu material despite looking like a fish and dressing like a high school boy outside of business matters. And new loli character addition is always great! Also, unfitting intro OST was hilarious.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2015 10:30 AM

Sep 2013
^ a nana mizuki hater I see XD
Stay with your fat western girls who turn into zombie's after 30 years old XD

MelbShaw said:
Nanchan displaying her awesome voice acting skills, this is why she's top ranking in 3D waifu material despite looking like a fish and dressing like a high school boy outside of business matters.

It's called fashion, not that you'd know.
Jul 7, 2015 3:31 PM

Nov 2013
i finish the 1st and 2nd season within 3 days to catch up the 3rd season.

They start this season with mountain reshaping, rocket suplex, and an epic concert instead of death scene. 5/5

TYxTxYT said:

All the Magic makes me kinda wish Tamura Yukari did CV for Carol Malus Dienheim, though.

me too
Jul 7, 2015 5:05 PM

Apr 2015
MelbShaw said:
…… despite looking like a fish and dressing like a high school boy outside of business matters.

Watch it, you are really messing with the wrong girl.
TYxTxYTJul 7, 2015 5:29 PM
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Jul 8, 2015 8:38 AM

Oct 2014
Woah, we got cool action on this first episode..
Epic song indeed...
and dat cliffhanger.. -_-

read from right to left
Jul 10, 2015 5:03 AM

Sep 2009
That's...certainly an exciting way to introduce the new season.

Can't wait for the next episode.
Jul 12, 2015 12:54 AM

May 2014
Apparently no-one informed me that GX was airing.

"K2 is now the third tallest mountain in the world."
I lost my shit, that was probably the best opening I've seen.. in a long long time. The song was so frigging hype and the whole thing was awesome. Pure escalation, pure joy.

Chris I don't think it was absolutely necessary for you to place Hibike there to fire your missile salvo. lol what am I saying
Jul 12, 2015 8:36 PM

Jun 2008
The first 6 minutes of this episode is the best anime ever made.
Jul 19, 2015 10:08 AM

Apr 2011
WOW! That was one epic episode.

The concert gave me chills on my back. I was laughing when Hibiki punch through the mountain and become the 3 largest in the wold.

I need to watch those scenes again.

Just pure awesomeness. No wonder this got a 3rd season.
MagitoJul 19, 2015 10:12 AM
Jul 29, 2015 2:55 AM

Jun 2012
Symphogear never fails to deliver; gotta love it!
Jul 29, 2015 2:36 PM

Jun 2008
I admit i didn't felt as excited. But loved the concert scene because of those bodies. Tsubasa looked more beautiful than ever.
Sep 25, 2015 4:53 AM

Nov 2012
Symphogear gets better and better every season. BTW, anyone knows the name of the song that the trio sing at the beginning of the episode
Sep 25, 2015 6:31 AM

May 2014
Kuro_Kishi said:
anyone knows the name of the song that the trio sing at the beginning of the episode

RADIANT FORCE! :D

Sorry no full version atm
Sep 25, 2015 7:13 PM

Nov 2012
WrongPriest said:
Kuro_Kishi said:
anyone knows the name of the song that the trio sing at the beginning of the episode

RADIANT FORCE! :D

Sorry no full version atm

Thank you. It seems the song will come out in September 30th
Sep 26, 2015 1:20 PM

Feb 2015
Epic action.

Epic concert.

New (possibly epic) characters.

Oh boy, new transformation.

Super awesome episode, looks this season will be better than the previous 2.
Apr 14, 2017 10:15 AM

Jul 2013
Just like the previous first episodes of the previous seasons, Symphogear starts with a bang. And with the K2 being relegated to the 3rd biggest mountain of the world via a punch from Hibiki. Sasuga, Symphogear.

So, the new enemies are a loli alchemist with a witch hat straight out the Middle Age and some creepy mannequins who drains the life of people by kissing them. Seems legit.

Tsubasa & Maria song has to be my favourite one out of the duet songs who usually starts the series.

And we also end in cliffhanger this time. Hope the rest of the episodes also ends in one (but that's expected).
Feb 20, 2018 8:58 PM
Jul 2015
Another great start! They've reached the point of literally firing the girls in a missile. I love how casual the one guy was about downgrading the mountain to third. Hibiki should have answered with "I just supplexed a fucking space shuttle". Did those two final tie the know. And now they' re using the even more blantant lesbians to tease Hibiki and Miku. Oh and new villains.
Nov 7, 2018 2:03 PM

May 2016
My favorite moment for the episode is probably Tachibana and Maria's duo performance. Glad to see the gang back together.
Aug 26, 2019 3:20 AM

Jan 2018
This is undoubtedly the best first episode of any season of any show I've ever seen.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Dec 6, 2020 6:26 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I get the impression that either this season or the last one, G, is the least liked out of the 5 seasons. First one was lots of fun because it was all new to me, but that novelty didn't really last when going into the second season. Thought it was kind of mediocre.

I dug this first episode of GX though, hope the rest of the series can maintain this energy

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 1, 2021 8:58 AM

Jun 2017
Just re-watched this episode because I didn't remember it from the first time a week or so ago... (sometimes I watch early early morning, when I'm semi-conscious) and I have to say.....

That opening scene is one of the most action packed and frankly ridiculous action scenes I think I've seen. I mean really... cutting a chunk out of the world's second tallest mountain?

lol... I approve of this; very much... this season is fantastic in general. Honestly, this show is quite a bit better on a re-watch, and I think I'll be re-watching the whole thing before long. One other thing I'm noticing is how adorable Chris is - somehow I missed half her quirks the first time, and I missed her adjusting to having friends and loved ones. Sometimes, when you watch this stuff in the wee hours of the morning, you miss out on a lot more than you would think.
May 8, 2021 12:22 PM

Feb 2020
Pretty good start to the third season.

- Great concert
- New sexy transformation
- Awesome battle scenes
- Interesting villains
- Funny slice of life moments

SerafosDec 28, 2023 7:51 AM
Sep 8, 2021 10:52 AM

Nov 2016
The opening segment was ridiculously intense.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 29, 2021 11:28 PM

Jul 2017
Damn, pretty sure I heard Ishigami Shizuka. This season's gonna be good!

Jul 24, 2022 8:33 PM

Dec 2012
This has to be one of the most electrifying and why not, most expensive first episodes of any show ever. Non stop action, rockets and shuttles being tossed, high profile concerts, fights with the season antagonist, rescue mission, GODLIKE SONGS?

It has everything.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Sep 12, 2023 7:06 PM

Nov 2010
Poor K2 mountain. At least mountaineers trying to complete the 13-14 peaks challenge will have a little easier time with the K2. haha
Is that their summer uniform? It looks hot! Sleeveless clothing on pretty girls is so arousing to see!
Impressive performance by Maria & Tsubasa. I love seeing their beautiful armpits!
The enemy looks interesting. Are they up against sorcerers and alchemists this time?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2015

69 by AzuriteX »»
Aug 12, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist. Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2015

41 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 15, 2023 6:10 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist. Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2015

49 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 15, 2023 1:22 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist. Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2015

25 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 15, 2023 12:39 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2015

56 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 15, 2023 11:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.