Forum Settings
Forums

is it unusual for a guy to like stuffed animals?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 24, 2012 3:29 AM

Nov 2011
The posts in this thread are so funny, I can't stop laughing
Oct 24, 2012 3:32 AM
May 2009
Its uncommon, but its fine. I still have my old stuff animals. Don't want to throw them away. So just keep them on my bed.

The other way of putting is Takanashi Souta. Loves small things but doesn't make him a Lolicon.

Therefore loving fluffy things doesn't make you unusual.
shintai88Oct 24, 2012 3:36 AM
Oct 24, 2012 4:14 AM

Feb 2011
I have a hugging monkey (well not that stuffed really) which makes a monkey noise when u hug him/press his belly, however the batteries ran out and it now sounds as if someone is killing him... not sure which one i like best, but regardless it's a present from some friends and i love it ^^.
Closer.
Oct 24, 2012 5:26 AM

Feb 2010
Trapalicious said:
Considering much of society would look at a lot of Anime in the same way. So there's not much use treating it any more than it is.

Which is that it's a silly arbitrary line that society has made up.

Bravo.
Oct 24, 2012 5:28 AM

Nov 2009
No worries, I probably have more plushies than you

deviantART                                    YouTube  
Oct 24, 2012 5:31 AM

Apr 2012
Liking lolis or playing with teddies isn't abnormal...

It's something not many do, thus it's seen as abnormal, but it's only something you do in your private space, why would you care?
Trapalicious said:
JReitan said:
Why does he have this unusual interest? What does it say about him? What kind of hidden thoughts does he contain in the back of his mind that made him this way? Is the girl that is attracted to him okay with these things?

Dude, you have Anime like Princess Tutu on your list. I'm not sure you're in any position to say that his enjoyments could have some "deeper" implications behind them. Just pointing out that it's a little silly, considering much of society would look at a lot of Anime in the same way. So there's not much use treating it any more than it is.

The thing is, anime is completely different from collecting plushies, anime can also have a deeper meaning and actually talk about the problems in society at the moment (Think of Accel World). I also don't see how he isn't in any position to give his opinion on this matter just because of an Anime like Princess Tutu. I can think of very colorful G rated anime (for children) that actually are pretty dark and hard to understand truly, but still giving the "child vibe". Ratings on anime are not about their deeper meanings.

Him, collecting plushies can be something psychological. I just don't want to think of the possible answer at the moment.
ImmahnoobOct 24, 2012 5:39 AM

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Oct 24, 2012 5:34 AM

May 2012
Trapalicious said:
JReitan said:
Why does he have this unusual interest? What does it say about him? What kind of hidden thoughts does he contain in the back of his mind that made him this way? Is the girl that is attracted to him okay with these things?

Dude, you have Anime like Princess Tutu on your list. I'm not sure you're in any position to say that his enjoyments could have some "deeper" implications behind them. Just pointing out that it's a little silly, considering much of society would look at a lot of Anime in the same way. So there's not much use treating it any more than it is.

Your analogies are weak. I can explain why Princess Tutu is a notable Anime worth watching, in fact, others do this in reviews and Anime blogs of their own. The same can be said about Anime in general. In fact, it can be considered ridiculous that you even talked about Anime as a whole like that, since it is simply another way of storytelling, and that it is very difficult to criticize Anime as an inferior method of storytelling that lacks all possibility of telling a story with deep meaning.

However, the OP has yet to explain his interest in treating stuffed animals as living things. I can try and predict a few reasons in order to explain the phenomenon, but I won't because it wasn't the main point of my argument. The main point of my argument was that if a girl were to be interested in him, it would have to be a girl who most likely already sorted out these ideas in her head. (We're assuming this girl is interested in him for more than just a moment.)

If you would like to change the main subject and talk about the possible explanations regarding the OP's condition, then please say so.
Oct 24, 2012 5:40 AM

Dec 2008
The dude's got a massive Kuragehime-esque jellyfish toy. Oh the envy.
Oct 24, 2012 6:00 AM

Feb 2012
I think it's normal, unless you love them to such extent that you sleep with them in bed and try to kill anyone who touches your favourite teddy (although the second thing is pretty understandable)
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Oct 24, 2012 6:07 AM

Mar 2012
I like them if they are a sentimental gift, but I don't collect them.

I got a stuffed rabbit from my ex-gf once (when we were still together) because she was going to visit family out of the country for a while and she was a stuffed animal collector and she gave me one of her favorites to know how much she cared for me.

It's unfortunate that relationship didn't pan out. She became more cold and distant after she left and then came back.

I do also have a stuffed Garfield the Cat that I received a long time ago. I've always had an attachment to Garfield the comic strip and cartoon (the one from the 80s, not the new stuff).
Oct 24, 2012 6:10 AM
Mar 2012
Maybe, but here it's not. Because what's usually abnormal is normal here
Oct 24, 2012 6:20 AM

Mar 2008
While stuffed animals by themselves are fine, I think some alterations are needed to create the greatest impression. Before having anyone come over, you should put a sound box in one of them which plays a short clip of a crying sound effect at random times during nighttime hours, and have another one which uses a motion sensor to rotate its head to follow any moving object in the room. Oh, and make sure it's capable of rotating a full 360 degrees.

Also, have some very soft, barely noticeable instrumental music playing on a loop on a hidden music player, and if someone asks about it just say that you don't hear anything.
AgnostosOct 24, 2012 6:46 AM
Oct 24, 2012 6:24 AM

May 2010
Nah, I think it's cute :)
As long as you don't sleep with bunch of those everyday/can't sleep without them. I find it kinda creepy.
Oct 24, 2012 6:32 AM
May 2009
Its fine either way. Whether you display them, or use them as a pillow to sleep.
Aslong as your not doing something perverted (Use your imagination). Then its not unusual.

Grown up men around the world are collecting Teddy Bears and toys.
Some buy life size sex dolls (Not the blow up kind, the ones made to look and feel like a human.) That they basically play house and barbie with before taking them to bed. If you are nearing this sort of behaviour I would reccomend you go see someone to talk about your problem. As it would be you closing yourself from reality.

An object is an object till you make it your life.

Girls will see a stuff animal, and probably interpret the piece as either a sovenir or a childhood memory. Others may interpret you as childish.

But it won't harm your chances, cause you don't flirt with girls in your room instantly. You have to go out and find a potential partner before they even get to see your collection. (This is assuming you don't carry the stuff animals with you where ever you go.)
Oct 24, 2012 7:15 AM

Apr 2012
OP has already been confirmed for trolling with his loli thread and investment thread.

Mark my words. In a couple of days he's gonna say he's allergic to water or something.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Oct 24, 2012 7:28 AM

Jun 2009
JReitan said:
In fact, it can be considered ridiculous that you even talked about Anime as a whole like that, since it is simply another way of storytelling, and that it is very difficult to criticize Anime as an inferior method of storytelling that lacks all possibility of telling a story with deep meaning.

The OP is obviously messing around, but either way you didn't get my point.

I didn't say that Anime is 'inferior'. Why would I even say that on a website made for the whole purpose of showing the anime I've watched? My point was just that a lot of popular anime would be considered very girly for guys to watch, so trying to say the OP is somehow odd while you have those shows in your list makes no sense.

Adults collect stuffed animals, dolls and other toys all the time.
TrapaliciousOct 24, 2012 7:55 AM
Oct 24, 2012 7:33 AM

Apr 2012
Trapalicious said:
JReitan said:
In fact, it can be considered ridiculous that you even talked about Anime as a whole like that, since it is simply another way of storytelling, and that it is very difficult to criticize Anime as an inferior method of storytelling that lacks all possibility of telling a story with deep meaning.

You didn't get the point.

Yet his liking for stuffed animals can have a deeper meaning.

You ignore "that".
BloodRequiem said:
OP has already been confirmed for trolling with his loli thread and investment thread.

Mark my words. In a couple of days he's gonna say he's allergic to water or something.

Hahahaha, I guessed it also, but I'll still stick to this.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Oct 24, 2012 8:09 AM

Jun 2012
Nope. I think its perfectly fine. lol
Oct 24, 2012 8:26 AM

Dec 2008
Trapalicious said:
The OP is obviously messing around

Shhhh! Don't kill my jellyfish-toy-envy.
Oct 24, 2012 9:38 AM

Jul 2012
are they dolls based off a show, or are they bedtime companions. I mean if you bought one yesterday, or if its been a part of your life since you were 5 or 12.
Oct 24, 2012 9:44 AM

May 2012
I think it's completely fine for a guy to have some stuffed toys. I still have a teddy bear from when I was little, a bunny from when I was born and some other things. I just can't abandon anything with a face on it...
Oct 24, 2012 9:48 AM

Jul 2011
I have some stuffed animals, played with them about... 10 years ago :D
I think they are cute, and doesnt matter for me if guy or girl likes them.

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Nov 12, 2014 7:59 AM

Oct 2012
hmm.. I guess it isn't that bad in this day and age, with the whole trend of girly men
Nov 12, 2014 1:47 PM

Jan 2014
Necro!
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Nov 12, 2014 1:53 PM

Apr 2013
It is unusual obviously, but if you want to have one then go on
Nov 12, 2014 1:57 PM

Mar 2012
My family had a garage sale this past summer and we sold a bunch of stuffed animals. A few of them went to a middle aged man, who told us (even though no one asked) that they were for himself. He just enjoyed collecting them. It was unusual, but he appeared to be an otherwise "normal" guy.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Nov 12, 2014 2:51 PM

Sep 2012
Daniel was funnier when he had that other fake personality.

This new fake personality is just obnoxious.
Nov 12, 2014 2:59 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
is it unusual for a guy to like blow-up dolls?
Nov 12, 2014 3:06 PM

Jan 2014
Noinochi said:
Also Daniel, I see nothing wrong with that picture, just see someone going out of their way to tuck them when it's still SUNNY OUTSIDE >:(
Plot twist: he tucks them in and then stabs them again and again with scissors...
Nov 12, 2014 3:08 PM

Apr 2014
If it's ok for woman to love stuffed animals, I don't see why men can't

Everything else is just sexism ;)
Nov 12, 2014 3:11 PM

Jan 2014
Trapalicious said:
Dude, you have Anime like Princess Tutu on your list.
Oh no. Someone has just disrespected Princess Tutu.

Now it is time for someone to die.
Nov 12, 2014 3:11 PM

Jun 2014
Yeah it's definitely strange. I never even liked stuffed animals much as a kid. For grown men to enjoy having them is weird. There are exceptions, like if it has sentimental value (your first bday gift, etc.) but in general its not ok
Nov 12, 2014 3:39 PM

Feb 2013
Protaku94 said:
If it's ok for woman to love stuffed animals, I don't see why men can't

Everything else is just sexism ;)

Nov 13, 2014 10:25 PM

Mar 2008
This isnt a current event.

And i have a big teddy bear from when I was a kid I still have that I found recently and keep it near me.
May 24, 2015 2:07 PM
May 2015
I am probably worse than you OP... I have couple anime plushies from SAO/ Fairytail I am sleeping with my SAO ones go ahead and inflamm me for all I care not like ill be hurt *by* any idiots on here. Heres mine good sir.

http://s15.postimg.org/l24nfecsb/Plushes.jpg
Link_StartIIIMay 24, 2015 3:23 PM
"If you married someone, that means you love every side of your significant other that you already know. So if you find a new side after to love, doesn’t that mean you’ll love your partner even more?"

Kirito (Sword Art Online)
May 24, 2015 2:45 PM

Nov 2013
Tsuyuu said:
I really like stuffed animals, especially cats, is this really unusual for a guy? Will people find it weird?
Yes.
May 24, 2015 2:46 PM
Jul 2018
No, I think it's cute actually.
May 24, 2015 3:00 PM

Nov 2008
I'm looking for a plushie right now, however I haven't got any results so far.

May 24, 2015 3:13 PM
May 2015
Great Eastern got many plushies and at cheap prices with high quality designs, the actual products are better than the images posted.
"If you married someone, that means you love every side of your significant other that you already know. So if you find a new side after to love, doesn’t that mean you’ll love your partner even more?"

May 24, 2015 3:16 PM
May 2015
im 23... i cuddle/sleep with my plushies. Is this messed up for an adult who is always in a state of turmoil with no friends or a close relationship with anyone and not even family members and with many medical problems biggest one being TMJ which i may need surgery to fix so I think my plushies right now are my big supporters... Anyways, should I stop cuddling with them and just start displaying them? I'll appreciate an answer.

May 24, 2015 3:17 PM

Nov 2008
Link_StartIII said:
im 23... i cuddle/sleep with my plushies. Is this messed up for an adult who is always in a state of turmoil with no friends or a close relationship with anyone and not even family members and with many medical problems biggest one being TMJ which i may need surgery to fix so I think my plushies right now are my big supporters... Anyways, should I stop cuddling with them and just start displaying them? I'll appreciate an answer.

Have you thought of buying a dakimakura?

May 24, 2015 3:24 PM
May 2015
short on funds and I just cant find an actually pillow case on Amazon etc

May 24, 2015 5:02 PM

Oct 2008
I don't know, but my im prety sure this doesn't belong to the "current events" board.
May 24, 2015 5:19 PM

Jan 2015
I still sleep with my Winnie the Pooh plushie I got from my cousin when I was a baby, although I'm not a guy. I don't think there is anything wrong with liking them, but obsessing over them would be a bit weird.
May 24, 2015 5:21 PM

Oct 2013
I'd say yes, it's unusual, but nothing to be ashamed of
May 24, 2015 5:22 PM

Aug 2013
I'd say as long as you're happy with it, I wouldn't let anyone else influence your likes. Who cares about other people's opinions for your own interests.
May 24, 2015 5:45 PM

Dec 2012
As long as you're not doing anything weird to the stuff animals, I'm sure you're fine. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
May 24, 2015 6:17 PM

Dec 2014
Nothing is unusual until you tell everyone about it.
May 24, 2015 7:46 PM

Aug 2014
Why?
Is it unusual for a guy to ask stupid questions?

No.
So why are stuffed animals unusual?

There's a barrier though, are you 25 and obsessed with buying stuffies, or are you 25 still clinging on that one favorite teddy bear since you were a baby?

Latter one is more normal.
May 24, 2015 8:49 PM

Jan 2014
yeah it is pretty weird, unless it's something you've had since you were a kid, then i guess that's ok. but actively going out and buying some? ehhh... even i'm embarrassed to admit i still sleep with my stuffed animals and i'm a teenage girl
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Favorite places in Japan(to thos who have been to Japan) and where would you like to visit in the future when you go again? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KiraraFan - May 7

224 by GinIonSui »»
47 seconds ago

» How many of your great-grandparents did you get to meet?

SoldierDream - Yesterday

16 by karioka- »»
5 minutes ago

» You may not be able to have offspring with your alien partner.

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

18 by RainyEvenings »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » It is illegal to put mermaids in aquariums?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

12 by RainyEvenings »»
13 minutes ago

» Tell me about your niche hobby ( 1 2 )

Commit_Crime - Sep 1

56 by _untitled »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.