Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2015 1:56 PM

Jul 2011
Wow, I think I haven't seen a worse ending in a while.
Mar 26, 2015 2:02 PM

Jul 2014
OH YES UNRAVEL oshiete oshiete *cries uncontrollably*
Mar 26, 2015 2:03 PM

Oct 2011
Anyone know the name of the song when Kaneki was walking dramatically?

Mar 26, 2015 2:09 PM

Nov 2014
Really just Kaneki walking lol, I don't know I kind of expected a bang for a finale like the last season.

The unravel cover was a nice touch though
Hi there
Mar 26, 2015 2:11 PM

May 2014
animeranker98 said:
I don't know about all of you, but as a mangareader, I liked the ending. The only thing that bothered me was Kaneki vs Arima was done offscreen. Otherwise this anime has done really well.(This ending was way better than Kiseijuu's)

This ep gets 4/5
The Anime: 9/10

It's my opinioon

This. I sure am glad that I dropped Parasyte on ep. 16.
I wasn't able to handle the boredness in between of all the episodes, shittier animation than TG s2 perhaps 60% of the time, and its clicheness that was also found in the manga. Tho, the manga can be considered classic and good. The anime is just worse.

Parasyte = one of the worst adaptation of Madhouse.
Madhouse = overrated

EDIT: I liked this ending more than the manga. It shows how desperate Kaneki wants to cling on being human. Very humanistic ending and I liked it. :)
"I'm just your typical human being who commit sins just like you. But the difference is that I never lied and tell anyone that what I did was right. I regret and ask for forgiveness from Him."

Why is my signature not anime-related? It's because who gives a fuck? Anyway I'd like to advertise to you this:

SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN IS FOLLOWING A SIMPLE FLOW OF THE STORYLINE. AND IT GETS REPETETIVE IF YOU VIEW IT ON ITS BIGGER PICTURE. WITH A LITTLE PLOT TWIST AND NEW IDEAS, YOU FORGOT THAT IT HAD ALREADY HAPPENED BEFORE.

Also, Tokyo Ghoul is AWESOME. Especially :re.
Mar 26, 2015 2:17 PM

Sep 2010
Mar 26, 2015 2:22 PM

Oct 2014
I don't know what the hell is going on... So I guess I'll finish the manga... leh sigh.
D3pthChargeMar 26, 2015 2:25 PM
Mar 26, 2015 2:25 PM
Dec 2013
I'm kinda disapointed with this ep. I was waiting for some epic fight :/.
Mar 26, 2015 2:26 PM

Mar 2015
Overall, this series was pretty much... a mess.

It felt like they tried to do too much in so little time, and it ended up being quite shallow. Idk, they had lots and LOTS of characters but not enough development to make you truly care for most of them.

Hide's death was sad and beautiful(Unravel did a very good job there whoah), but still not heartbreaking. As for Kaneki, the viewers stayed in the dark about him for more than half of the season so...??? It was a very risk move to distance the protagonist from the watchers, and i don't think it ended up well. Tsukiyama's character in the anime was hollow. The same goes for the twins, Banjo and many others. I expect to learn more about Aogiri, too, but we got almost nothing on that.

I'm actually surprised Studio Pierrot managed to make an "original" ending that enables a sequel, tho. And with Tokyo Ghoul selling a lot.... it is very possible.
Not looking really foward to it, tho,,,,, orz

But still, i thought it was decent, yeah. I liked the more emotional approach at the end, since the action scenes weren't very exciting at all >:
Mar 26, 2015 2:27 PM

Dec 2013
Pls god give us a new tokyo ghoul or a fucking sequel i want to see touka's new look :'(
Mar 26, 2015 2:30 PM

Feb 2014
i cried from the beginning to the end. why hide? why ?..

and amon is dead, too.
when unravel started, i started crying more and more.
damn. why anime is more cruel than manga?
why hide, man? why...
i want to point out something. when touka was running after kaneki, was that ayato who saved her? 0_0 yeah, possibly.
they opened a door for :re. thats good, but without hide and amon... idk. there is no hide and amon in manga now, though. but i have faith :(

as a manga and anime viewer, this end was great. i hope it wont be canon. well... think about, what if hide died and kaneki ate him after that? 0_0 no,no,no,no. there is no possibility of it. (a high possibility, commenter just doesnt want to believe) hide is alive bi..tch....e.... (couldnt end the sentence)

damn. ishida makes me irritated again and again. thats why i like him, though lol
ftsyzcMar 26, 2015 2:37 PM
EustassKiddo !
Mar 26, 2015 2:56 PM

Dec 2014
Season 3, please.
Mar 26, 2015 3:02 PM
Sep 2014
I didn't read the manga but now I'm wishing I did even though the manga ending is rumored to be terrible. This ending was absolutely terrible. HORRIBLE ENDING. Worst ending since I've seen in a long time. It didn't even flipping end. What happened with Eto, Yoshimura, Aogiri etc. What happened with Kaneki? I was certain Kaneki was going to fight Arima just what the hell happened. Poor development this whole episode they spent like 5minutes bloody walking. Awful ending. I heard the manga ending was bad too but this was just shameful. What a shame. Season 1 was great but season 2 was just utterly appalling ( well the ending was). Just sigh. You can't even call this ending the story is flipping unfinished. I'm left disappointed. The anime had so much potential too
Mar 26, 2015 3:02 PM
Dec 2013
Yatsume said:
Season 3, please.

if its from Studio Pierrot then fuck no
they screwed up enough
Mar 26, 2015 3:07 PM

Dec 2014
Vindstot said:
Barion-Zara said:
Ayato saving Touka was a nice touch :P

I wonder how many people actually noticed that. Lol.

if you think about it ayato is touka's guardian angel ♥
Mar 26, 2015 3:12 PM
Feb 2015
Wow this was a pretty slow episode. I really wanna know what happened to Kaneki... Hide.... Well let's see what this ova is about
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Mar 26, 2015 3:12 PM

Mar 2013
Urek said:
WHY IS EVERYONE HERE WISHING FOR A 3RD SEASON o__o
YOU WANT PIERROT RUIN IT TOO?

^

Mar 26, 2015 3:16 PM
Jan 2015
so sad i cried
Mar 26, 2015 3:22 PM

Jun 2014
So hilarous I started to like the manga.
Mar 26, 2015 3:43 PM
Jul 2018
so Kaneki is dead or alive? What happen to Manager and his daughter(aka owl)????

Man this anime ended up so confusing me...
Mar 26, 2015 3:44 PM

Jan 2013
6/10
There were more than a couple episodes that were badly animated and introduced way too many characters that weren't important or developed.
Wish it was more focused on Kaneki, the last few episodes were pretty good.
Mar 26, 2015 4:03 PM

May 2014
Wow, it had a sad and very open ending. I mean we never get to know what actually happened to Kaneki-kun. He probably got killed, but we never got it confirmed. It were so sad when Hide died. Damn, it were sad. How did he got injured may I ask? I can't remember seeing that part. And lol, all the time I thought the blood were coming from Kaneki, not Hide.

But the ending were very lovely that Touka-chan opened her own coffee shop as she always dreamed about. It were sad that Anteiku got burned down, but I guess it were expected. I guess the boss got tired of all the pressure and threats he got from the enemies. He just wanted it to end.

Anyways, I actually liked the ending. I liked how they ended without showing Kaneki's last fight or what happened to him. Though it can be annoying sometimes, I loved how they ended it.

Overall I think it deserves a 7.
Mar 26, 2015 4:04 PM

May 2014
Stark700 said:
No additional season confirmed but...

yaya ^_^
Mar 26, 2015 4:06 PM

Jun 2013
they need another season that ending was....
Mar 26, 2015 4:08 PM

Mar 2014
sinner08910 said:
animeranker98 said:
I don't know about all of you, but as a mangareader, I liked the ending. The only thing that bothered me was Kaneki vs Arima was done offscreen. Otherwise this anime has done really well.(This ending was way better than Kiseijuu's)

This ep gets 4/5
The Anime: 9/10

It's my opinioon

This. I sure am glad that I dropped Parasyte on ep. 16.
I wasn't able to handle the boredness in between of all the episodes, shittier animation than TG s2 perhaps 60% of the time, and its clicheness that was also found in the manga. Tho, the manga can be considered classic and good. The anime is just worse.

Parasyte = one of the worst adaptation of Madhouse.
Madhouse = overrated
>Bashes Parasyte and Madhouse
>Has Mirai Nikki in his favourites
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 26, 2015 4:10 PM
Jul 2018
Tokyo Ghoul: Kaneki walking edition
Mar 26, 2015 4:10 PM

Oct 2014
I'm in tears... and not because of this last episode but because of the whole 2nd season being butchered by Studio Pierrot. TG doesn't deserve this adaption.

The first and last ep. of TGrootA were the best. It makes me sad to rate a part of one of my favorite franchises a 5/10 Q.Q
Mar 26, 2015 4:25 PM

Mar 2015
I love this anime and I sorta loved the episode, but they left it with so many plot-holes, just like last season. It irks me soooo much. Not to mention the main character probably didn't say over 100 words. He barely talked and I felt like they didn't let us get to know him more. They also said that the anime would be like an alternate story line compared to the manga. It was in a sense but practically everything was the same. I'm just not very interested in the Jack OVA either. But I'll probably still watch it. Overall, it was good, and I'm glad they played unravel :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2015 4:30 PM

Oct 2013
Another season another horrible ending.
Mar 26, 2015 4:37 PM

Jan 2008
Anyone else noticed when the cloth blew off Hide when Kaneki was walking, a few scenes later it's back on? Made me laugh.

Regardless, unfulfilling ending. Read the manga finally, so this just felt really poor. The amount of money they must have saved just having to animate him walking. for a portion of the episode.
PaulMar 26, 2015 4:43 PM
Mar 26, 2015 4:44 PM

Jul 2014
Pretty anticlimactic ending, I enjoyed the first season better. Unfortunately I'm not too keen on reading manga I guess I'll leave it at that.
Mar 26, 2015 5:02 PM

Jul 2009
I'm very dissatisfied. I love this anime so much only for the ending to suck? It's like they didn't know how to come up with a good anime original ending so they put in that long ass walk with Kaneki holding Hide. WTF. That walk was too damn long. And Touka's random gazing at things too.

Honestly tho I thought Shinohara got rekted yet this man is still alive? I was about to rage how no one actually dies until these bitch asses kill off Hide--THE ONLY ONE I TRULY CARED FOR (ok i care for more ppl but seriously i love Hide) and they also kill Kaneki? OFF SCREEN? No. Way to anticlimatic. And the whole Yomo holding back Touka thing.

It feels like there's no sequel (at least following the manga) because Kaneki showed his face and supposed got killed but then theres still so much unanswered. What about the one eyed owl and Aogiri's whole mission? Ugh.

Best part was the subtle reveal that Touka's bro saved her and the unravel insert. Otherwise? Fuck this im going the manga route.
Mar 26, 2015 5:07 PM

Jan 2015
I liked this season more than the first and It was actually a good experience to see this alternative history even though I prefer the manga.

The Unravel song playing at the end really was beautiful and I remembered how much I like it.
Mar 26, 2015 5:25 PM

Sep 2012
Vindstot said:
Barion-Zara said:
Ayato saving Touka was a nice touch :P

I wonder how many people actually noticed that. Lol.

It just clicked for me. Thank you, guys. I can't believe I didn't get that until now. That was a nice touch for once, I think.

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Mar 26, 2015 5:27 PM

Jul 2014
It's kinda off I think ... but aside from that, I really enjoyed this season. The last eps was so sad ... and I'm sure there will be a 3rd season.

This episode 5/5
This season 8/10

Let it be haters !!
Rumble_ShiftMar 26, 2015 9:24 PM
Mar 26, 2015 5:37 PM

Mar 2015
Whoooooooooooooole lotta walking. and then some walking, followed by walking. and also more walking. Arima shows up. Role credits :(

The part after the credits was cute, but the whole episode felt so drawn out just to lead to nothing happening. I was excited for the anime original ending, but just like the first season, it didn't really end. On the plus side, at least that sets the stage for a 3rd season.
Mar 26, 2015 5:42 PM

Aug 2010
Wow, I was definitely surprised by this ending. Turned out much worse then I expected.
Mar 26, 2015 5:43 PM

Dec 2013
In order to have a third season, you would first have to:

- have them go back to season 2 and fix everything in it. Add back all the missing back-story as well as all the fighting stuff. Considering this season 2 is just Route A, it'd probably be better if they redid season 2 from the original route first.

- Wait for at least another 5 volumes before making an adaptation (considering they tried adapting 14 volumes into 2 seasons, and re: only has 2 volumes out right now...). This wait could potentially take 3 or more years.

-Luhui said:
Urek said:
WHY IS EVERYONE HERE WISHING FOR A 3RD SEASON o__o
YOU WANT PIERROT RUIN IT TOO?

^

I third this.

Go back and redo Season 2 first before talking about a season 3.
I started with a 10 because of the manga and now I'm down to 6...
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 26, 2015 5:46 PM
Mar 2015
I've never read the manga, so I don't have any opinion on it, but oh boy was the ending to this season hot fucking garbage.

I don't understand what the fuck they were trying to do with Touka's character this time around. She's been running for so long now, and it's finally led her to Kanek- oh never mind. I don't even get why she didn't just yell his name, why is she having such a hard time with social interaction now considering the last thing she gave him was a fist to the fucking head?

Also, was it necessary for that scene showing her brother saving her? I'd understand if there was an enemy or some kind of real danger, but it was literally falling rocks. She has powers Ayato, chill the fuck out, she'll be fine.

Why didn't Kaneki notice or mention Hide bleeding out before the audience did? Like, even if he couldn't see it, isn't smelling human blood one of those ghoul things that ghouls do? I don't fucking know anymore.

Besides that, so much walking. For creatures that seem pretty fast compared to humans, they sure know how to move slow as balls when they know a catchy song's coming on.

I try not to be overly critical in general, but when I was watching this episode, it felt like there was nothing else to do.

Episode: 1/10
Season: 2/10
SwiikaMar 26, 2015 5:50 PM
Mar 26, 2015 5:49 PM

Apr 2014
Swiika said:
Why didn't Kaneki notice or mention Hide bleeding out before the audience did? Like, isn't smelling human blood one of those ghoul things that ghouls do? I don't fucking know anymore.

No he can't smell it.
Mar 26, 2015 5:50 PM

Aug 2013
Another terrible way to end the series/season. I basically have to go read the manga if I want to figure out what is even going on.

Ill somewhat forgive them if they release a s3 - and soon.

Also -
Poor Hide.
My Candies:
Mar 26, 2015 5:52 PM

May 2014
Hide finally seeing Kaneki again was a nice scene. However, I felt that Hide's death didn't have that much of an impact on me because there wasn't as much development between the two. Too bad, Hide was a cool guy.

I'm guessing there's going to be a season 3 because of other characters such as the other owl and Touka's brother leaving the battle without a trace.
Mar 26, 2015 6:04 PM
Jan 2011
What happened to Amon in the last episode? They only showed what looked like an arm or something but no body.
Mar 26, 2015 6:08 PM
Jul 2018
Well time to look into the manga.

It was cool how they used unravel at the end. It was probably my favourite part of the season. :)
Mar 26, 2015 6:11 PM
Feb 2015
Yeah just stand around and drink coffee for 15 minutes while you have a hole in your stomach waiting to die instead of getting medical attention. This is like one of the worst season ending episodes ever.
Mar 26, 2015 6:18 PM

May 2012
Dunno. I found this one to be one of the better episodes this season, but it really wasn't enough to bump up my score much.

6/10 for the whole season

:Re at the end? So...this ending was supposed to be an alternate ending, but it also takes on the same route as :Re after? Well, I guess that could work somehow. Wonder if it'd get another season sometime. I don't really mind so long as it'd be under a different studio.

Guess I'll stop there since I'd end up going into spoiler territory.

Mar 26, 2015 6:24 PM

Aug 2013
Thus ends the anime, I bet everyone who read the manga wondered why it has not been shown the struggle between Kaneki and Arima, was a bit disappointing

Well, the general adaptation had its bad points and good, but there is no comparison to the manga that is far superior, so who liked the anime certainly should seek the manga ..
Mar 26, 2015 6:31 PM

Mar 2014
Hide was a bro, it made me a bit teary on the inside. Cutting that out, though, the episode was kinda blank for me. Just intense staring from everyone, and Touka is doing most of the delivery.
Mar 26, 2015 6:32 PM

Jun 2013
So it was fucking Hide. Well played, I thought for a bit there that it might have been Touka because she wasn't suppose to be running into the battle.

I gotta say the biggest disappointment was not seeing a crazy Kaneki vs Arima fight. What a shame.

Nice to hear unravel again
Mar 26, 2015 6:40 PM

Jul 2014
A sad ending. Wished it had Kaneki - Arima fight, but oh well.
Also like the hint at a possible third season at the end.
Pages (16) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » overhated?

FruitPunchBaka - May 22

35 by 876_him »»
Jun 18, 8:35 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

403 by vladyatsuk »»
Jun 17, 10:14 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2015

375 by vladyatsuk »»
Jun 17, 9:00 PM

» This season was amazing, no cap.

GoatPieceLuffy - May 30

41 by Inqo »»
Jun 13, 1:23 PM

» How do you feel

JoahAnime - Apr 18, 2022

38 by lunathecatxx »»
May 11, 5:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.