Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Dec 6, 2014 12:55 AM
Apr 2014
I once spilled acid on my arm in a college chemistry class. Luckily, I was wearing protective glove and acid wad diluted but it still burnt like hell. I`d hate to be Shinichi in that situation….
Dec 6, 2014 2:19 AM

Sep 2011
That highschool will go down as the most fu*ked up public killing in history. Bum that shimada just found out shinichi weakness...to go out like that, kinda hoping he do more damage though but still good ep.
Dec 6, 2014 3:47 AM

Jul 2013
The government's method is pretty smart, though the (un)lucky guy who finds an enemy has to pay with his life "for the greater good".

Random Anime Blogs | 1 2 3 4
Dec 6, 2014 4:38 AM
Apr 2014
Well, about 99% people seem to think that Tachikawa was dumb. I`m one of that99%.

Anyone care to be the Devil`s Advocate and justify her actions? I could and I can think of few ways to justify her action but I don`t feel like it.
Dec 6, 2014 6:24 AM

Jul 2012
There was a mass killing and they went back to school after a week or so with no mental disorders, depression or anything like that? Just forgot about everything?
Dec 6, 2014 1:58 PM

Nov 2011
Misiakk said:
There was a mass killing and they went back to school after a week or so with no mental disorders, depression or anything like that? Just forgot about everything?

Did it say "after a week"? I thought it said "eventually", so I was assuming two or three weeks minimum.
Dec 6, 2014 6:07 PM
Mar 2013
TripleSRank said:
Misiakk said:

Did it say "after a week"? I thought it said "eventually ", so I was assuming two or three weeks minimum.

1. The mass-killing occurred.
2. A week later, a TV news is still airing stories about the incident, which are carefully falsified rather than just inaccurate. That is because the government has imposed a severe restraint.
3. Watching the news, Shin'ich wonders why they keep the truth secret and he has a talk with Migi for a while.
4. Meanwhile, some governmental people and a scientist have a meeting whether they should make it public or not.
5. They decide to keep most of they know secret so far and to make a plan to leak only a simple method how to tell the difference between the parasites and humans that the scientist found. It is never to be an official announcement but supposed to be just a rumor.
6. The rumor gradually spreads.
7. After a time, the school reopened. The monologue of Shin'ich didn't tell when it was.
8. He sees a strange greeting between kids on the way when he goes to the school.

Speaking of prospective PTSD or post-traumatic stress disorder, I understand Misiakk wondering if the students didn't suffer from mental disorders. I think it unlikely for people to use the building anymore because the place is now like a gate of the hell. But, when the original manga was published (it was around 1990 or more than 25 years ago from today), Japan hadn't experienced of something like school-shooting. So, I guess the author, the editor and the readers didn't take the consequence unnatural.
It was June 8, 2001 when Japan had suffered this kind of incident for the first time. Until then, school-shooting had been nothing but a rumor about somewhere far a way from Japan.
See also, Osaka school massacre and the list of attacks related to primary schools on Wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osaka_school_massacre
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_attacks_related_to_primary_schools
The building was closed and they had to build a temporal school on somewhere else at that time because many of the children were very scared there and the parents wouldn't like to force them to go to the nightmare place. It was also reported that some of the teachers had remained in suffering of survivor's guilt for years. It was 2004 when they rebuild and opened the new school facility on the original location.
htsujiDec 7, 2014 7:13 AM
Dec 6, 2014 6:54 PM

Jun 2011
This is getting better and better! :D
Dec 6, 2014 7:36 PM

Aug 2008
Good episodes. Quite intense.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Dec 6, 2014 9:54 PM

Sep 2013
OMG
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Dec 6, 2014 11:20 PM

Oct 2013
man he should join the baseball team
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Dec 6, 2014 11:56 PM

Jan 2014
good episode
we saw again Shinichi's super jump XD

Dec 7, 2014 2:39 AM

Sep 2013
Dauym, that throw was sick. Now that the goverment knows about the Parasites, this'll get really interesting. The ending scene was sweet.

I used to think that the OST was only decent, but nowadays I love it. Especially the weird 'choir' works well in the fight scenes.
cupcDec 7, 2014 2:42 AM
Dec 7, 2014 4:06 AM

Apr 2012
It's been a while since I saw a 'zero to hero' show that turned out this good.
I hope they can keep it up.
Dec 7, 2014 5:11 AM

Jan 2014
amazing episode.....really happy that Murano wan't killed..
But then she asked shinichi if he's okay as he jumped from that high up....Is she dumb or what?
I was expecting her to ask him "What the hell ar you shinichi" or something like that...
But well nvm
and....I didn't really get that hair pulling greeting part
whatever....maybe next episode will clear out everything
AND the opening song and ending song....I really love it.......i can never skip it <3
Dec 7, 2014 5:13 AM

Sep 2012
Damn, that long range shot was badass.

Blood's all over the place. Shinichi doesn't have human emotions anymore, but he stills keeps on saving the people.

I like the piano version of the ED. They're finally talking again, glad he saved Murano.

Btw, I wonder what will happen if Shinichi pull a strand of his hair, will he die or something?

Another week again T^T
Dec 7, 2014 6:39 AM

Feb 2011
i loved ths epi kfmakslngfKNKLWGFSG

EGSGHESH
the hypeeee
Dec 7, 2014 7:50 AM

Dec 2012
*Sigh* murano...

Cos jumping off 4 storied buildings is normal thing to do.

That rock throw was just epic, and loads of blood this episode.

I didn't know pain thinner would be so effective. But in a way, tachikawa is the cause of all this. She should have just told her brother about it and the kill count would have been much lower.
And that sensei going "What are you wearing in your head" xD
Dec 7, 2014 9:32 AM
Jun 2014
That arm growth
Dec 7, 2014 10:12 AM

May 2010
Good thing that the thinner paint saved her. Consequently, it costs lives though. But at least no more victims for Shimada.

Also, that jump & throw.

Can't wait for the OST to come out. ED in piano is beautiful.
Dec 7, 2014 2:35 PM

Jul 2010
Waifu is saved, so it was a good episode.
Was that Ken from HnK in the preview?
Dec 8, 2014 12:09 AM
Mar 2013
Ashna said:
amazing episode.....really happy that Murano wan't killed..
But then she asked shinichi if he's okay as he jumped from that high up....Is she dumb or what?
I was expecting her to ask him "What the hell ar you shinichi" or something like that...

Murano wanted to know if he was okay.
Murano didn't like to know why he was okay. That is all.
Dec 8, 2014 1:57 PM

Dec 2013
Im just here to see if anyone turned turned that throw into gif already.
I mean holy fuck.
Dec 8, 2014 10:04 PM

Feb 2012
Hair pulling fad started by the government, that's just really dumb and unbelievable. Looks like they don't know about the cases like Shinichi and Jaw guy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2014 2:10 AM
Mar 2013
kickmesign said:
Looks like they don't know about the cases like Shinichi and Jaw guy.
As far as I know, they two don't eat humans at all, or rather, their parasite parts don't need to eat anything to begin with. Even if they're not definite allies for humans, they are more harmless than members of any criminal syndicates you can actually see on a newspaper page or a TV news around you, I suppose.
Or... are you of the opinion that the government should kill them as the enemy of humanity?
htsujiDec 9, 2014 2:38 AM
Dec 9, 2014 2:52 AM

Nov 2011
huntx said:
The art in this episode was bad. Madhouse you are a big studio that 2 episodes last week were too much.

I said the same thing to the two retards I watch with. Not just the art, but even the animation. Operation: Conserve.
Dec 9, 2014 12:21 PM

May 2013
Hideo goes for a killing spree because he couldn't think straight. This is your fault, Yuuko.

Woah, Shinichi just jumped from the third floor. And over a fence.
300 meters? That's one heck of a throw. Dat arm tho. It's just sick.

I wonder how the government got people to pull hair as greeting, lol.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Dec 9, 2014 1:37 PM

Sep 2014
Omg, that hallway...

Glad Hideo's dead, and that rock throw was freaking badass.
Dec 9, 2014 6:43 PM
Jul 2011
Great episode :D That throw tho~
And I'm glad that Hideo's dead and Murano is saved.
That Tachikawa girl is an idiot. She knew who Hideo was and still had the balls to confront him. I guess props to her for her idiotic bravery, but it was her fault that the massacre happened.

Some people are kinda annoyed with Murano which I don't know why. I think she knows of the existence of the parasites if she saw Hideo's true form and she probably has an idea that Shinichi is somehow involved with it. But rather being concerned of who he is, she is more concerned of his safety. It seems that she is what's left of Shinichi's human heart. She is the reminder of who Shinichi once was before Migi came along. He's cold towards her but he obviously cares about her. She needs to stay.
Dec 10, 2014 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
I want to re-watch uncensored before judging it.
Episode that does not give the emotions that so I waited, but still managed to carry out the plot.
Narrative is remarkable the fact of wanting to further characterize Shinichi, but I have some doubts on many points.
Some parasites want to expose himself as little as possible, then why not try to cover their tracks trying to stop those who go out of your mind?
Another doubt is that Shinichi behaves differently than usual, but apparently no one seems to ask why.
One other strange thing seen during the narration is the fall of Yuko, who seems not to have made even a scratch, I challenge anyone to do it and not even break a bone.
From today's episode also shows that Shinici not intuit the danger of working with humans, which exposes it to being life threatening for possible turncoats from them.
Pity that Madhouse has not given the usual quality seen previously for the drawings, a bit bland.
I await the next episode to make amends on the criticisms of the production, hoping that everything is possible.
Dec 10, 2014 2:41 PM

Oct 2013
Lmao thats a hell of a way to greet someone wtf O_O i jsut don't even
Fucking crazy ass episode I need more!!!!!!!!!!
this anime is fucking amazing
[/quote]
Dec 11, 2014 12:59 AM

Oct 2010
Impressive episode. Love it
Dec 11, 2014 4:56 AM
Apr 2014
Zura went beast mode here until he got his heart taken out….
Dec 11, 2014 9:23 PM

Jan 2014
Those scenes at school were kind of ridiculous, but Shinichi's
arm transformation and the shoot were so cool!! ^^
And yeah, the hair pulling trend is also ridiculous xD
Dec 11, 2014 9:24 PM

Oct 2013
I pulled out a strand of my hair after this episode.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Dec 14, 2014 2:48 PM

Feb 2013
lol, that dude's head turned into a muffin!

Nice throw.
Dec 14, 2014 8:30 PM

Jan 2013
So basically Yuko caused a school and police massacre due to her selfish stupidity, yeah she deserved to die...
She put other people's lives in danger instead of doing the right thing just cause she kind of wanted to bang the dude and thought he was hot. URGGGG!!!!!!

I'm so pissed with this show right now! The stupidity has gotten to a level that I can't even handle!!! Why was Shinichi walking around all slow and chill while people were being massacred??!! No really, WTF was he doing??!!!! Then all the time he wasted between rescuing Murano and going back to stop him, he could saved those police lives!

Dec 16, 2014 8:32 AM

Mar 2013
Omg @ the paint thinner thing omg, he puffed up and couldn't go back, perro THE WAY HE WAS KILLED WAS SO BRUTAL WTF. hahaha that was fuckin barbaric; good job A+ episode.
Dec 17, 2014 12:07 PM

Feb 2014
The hair pulling method was so dumb. Honestly, what the hell their brain thinking. To make you discover that the one in front of you is alien by that method is the same as suicide. What? the parasite will die or paralyzed after you pulled a strand of their hair? Of course not, they will eat you. They should really not being that idiot.

And that glasses girl really pissing me of, she still try to ride that alien's dick even after she certain that he is evil. Almost Sakura, indeed. It would be better if she die.
Dec 17, 2014 12:37 PM
Dec 2012
The hair pulling method isn't exactly a breakthrough it's suicide. Plus I'm sure they can control their cells, if they can move body parts around they can do anything.

Let's not reveal the existence of parasites but rather a way to distinguish between humans and parasites... That made me pull some hair out...
sosmetalDec 17, 2014 12:48 PM
Dec 18, 2014 7:29 PM

Dec 2013
Looks like this episode worked out for just about everyone

Y'know except for Class 3-3
And the teachers
And the police
And Shimada

Boy Shinichi sure needs to get his priorities straight before thinking of only saving his one-line KanaHana waifu
Dec 22, 2014 3:23 AM

Jun 2013
Bloodbath was goooood.. Thanks to Yuuko, 17 perished :v.. She should have probably informed her brother when she got the chance.. I mean, she fucking saw the faces getting changed clearly but still doubted about Hide's identity.. Maybe this is what love actually does :p
Dec 26, 2014 2:34 AM

Dec 2013
deanzel said:

Oh damn. That was some large-scale ownage right there. And not too bad of a job by glasses cunt. I'll give her credit for the paint thinner being a lot more effective as a weapon than I thought. Although, it was due to the paint thinner making Shimada go apeshit that everyone else in the school got rekt. She should have just taken one for the team.

I was a tiny bit disappointed with how Shinichi dealt with the situation. I kind of wanted him to go OP with flashes of superhero swag. Rather, he mostly just let everyone except Murano get killed (aka thinking with his dick which I do respect). Though this was probably a more realistic depiction of where Shinichi still is in his development of facing off against the parasytes and being a brostar.

And Murano... "Are you okay? You jumped down from pretty far up." No shit Sherlock. Good lord is she a moron.

Every single detail i thought of about this episode has been expressed into words by you already. What great descriptions that i find 100% accurate. Nice xD
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Dec 27, 2014 5:53 AM

Jan 2011
That parasyte got no-scope rekt. Nice
Dec 27, 2014 8:21 PM

Feb 2008
deanzel said:
garbage

You're a pig.
Dec 27, 2014 9:36 PM

Jan 2014
MisakaTheRailgun said:
Boy Shinichi sure needs to get his priorities straight before thinking of only saving his one-line KanaHana waifu
Lol,one-line KanaHana waifu...So true :S
Dec 28, 2014 8:43 PM

Jun 2013
So much bloodshed. Hideo goes on a killing spree.

That's a hard fall for Yuuko. At least she's alive.

RIP to those who died.

Shinichi goes badass again. I love the scene wherein he rescues Murano.

That's an awesome shoot. That arm transforming reminds me of the body-building structure of titans in Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan. He must join the baseball team, lol.

So in the end, Hideo Shimada is dead.

The idea of greeting each other by pulling someone's hair is lol. So at the end of the day. the government decides not to make the situation in public.

Great episode indeed.
Dec 29, 2014 5:30 PM
Jan 2014
Can`t help but blame Tachikawa a bit for it. I mean she kind of was naive and talked to Shimada first and then dropped the colour thinner on him and he went all havoc at school because of that. She actually caused it. Not blaming her entirely but she should have told her brother right away.
Dec 29, 2014 7:03 PM
Apr 2014
Fuck. Was Shinichi always that stupid? At least run out of the fucking room before talking to Migi. Even would save time to talk to him while running. (On a sidenote -> that opening really destroys good moments. The song entirely removed the mood that was built up by the soundtrack before. And I don't even dislike the actual song. Just the timing could be so much better)

OHHHHH She isn't as stupid as it looked like. That "attack" more effective than I thought she could be with a bottle.

Damn Shinichi was back to normal for a moment :( At least act like you are moved by something like that instead of just shaking it off.

Nice throw. But wouldn't that rock ultimately lead to him by finger prints of his other hand? Well if they actually investigate why there's a hole in the body and a rock behind it in the wall.

Really good work by the police to find something like that out so fast.
Jan 3, 2015 4:52 AM

May 2013
The girl that Shinichi knelt down and touched...was that the girl that had a crush on him? The girl that also seemed to think Shimada was cool?

Btw isn't that guy next to Dr. Yui, with the brown suit, the person who Tamiya Ryouko was talking to in the darkness? Not sure what his aim is...
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2014

212 by menacce »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2014

337 by menacce »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2014

427 by menacce »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2014

387 by menacce »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2014

310 by JamesYukiNoriaki »»
Sep 20, 11:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.