Forum Settings
Forums

Anime Adaptation of Light Novel 'Heavy Object' Announced [Update 10/10]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 5, 2014 7:45 AM

Aug 2008
Dunois said:

Quenser Barbotage: Natsuki Hanae
Heivia Winchell: Kaito Ishikawa

Yes! These newbies seiyuu are always in the same series.
I hear ToAru 3 is supposed to be really good. Well, I'm sure it'll be adapted. The synopsis sounds dull, but judging from the PV, it doesn't look that bad though.
Oct 5, 2014 7:49 AM

Apr 2013
Hoppy said:
Never heard of this LN, it's worth a try since it's not the typical Dengeki Bunko fare.

Dengeki Bunko has no "typical fare". Just what are you talking about? O_o
Oct 5, 2014 7:50 AM

Jul 2010
I will give it a chance but doesn't sound all that interesting.
Oct 5, 2014 8:32 AM
Jun 2013
Well, time to read the LN.
Oct 5, 2014 8:33 AM

Oct 2007
LastChapter said:
Stark700 said:
I hope it will be a 2 cour but the question is what studio? I'm hoping for White Fox.
Well seeing the 10th anniversary PV and the anime adaption PV were animated by JC Staff, I'm guessing it's JC Staff...
Sigh...

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 5, 2014 8:39 AM

Feb 2009
Roloko said:
I looked at the cast of characters and the names make me laugh hard Alicia Sloppyjoes. Much original~
There's more where that came from:
>Sladdy Honeysuckle
>Mariydi Whitewitch
>Wraith Martini Vermouthspray
>Mariage Nightcap
Oct 5, 2014 8:47 AM
Feb 2014
Sounds like your average LN adaptation but I'll probably give it a chance and try it.
Oct 5, 2014 8:49 AM

Aug 2008
I don't see any reason to even check it out. Reasons to not on the other hand...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 5, 2014 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
4 years now... 4 years!
Where is my Index III? Where????

4 years.
Oct 5, 2014 9:39 AM

Aug 2013
Once again time to read some light novels. :D
Oct 5, 2014 9:42 AM

Mar 2012
Trust me, this one will suck.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Oct 5, 2014 9:43 AM

Aug 2008
Another Kazuma Kamachi bullcrap, maybe this one will not have tons of misogyny like his previous series..... nah of course it will.
Oct 5, 2014 10:20 AM

Apr 2013
belatkuro said:
Roloko said:
I looked at the cast of characters and the names make me laugh hard Alicia Sloppyjoes. Much original~
>Sladdy Honeysuckle
>Mariydi Whitewitch
>Mariage Nightcap

Kazuma Kamachi's naming sense for english names is as "good" as always xD
Oct 5, 2014 10:32 AM

Jul 2008
Moonchipz said:

Also, the tears of Index fans are delicious right now.

Delicious indeed.

I don't know who in their right mind would want JC staff to continue adapting Index with the garbage adaptation so far. They did Railgun well but they completely screw up Index. Do fan of this series eagerly await JC Staff to shit all over what they like?
Oct 5, 2014 10:35 AM

Jul 2012
Genres: Action, Sci-Fi, Seinen

Yes, count me in. Cast looks good too.
Oct 5, 2014 10:43 AM
Mar 2011
another 6-13 advert the anime industry are lazy
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Oct 5, 2014 11:11 AM

Aug 2009
Quess it is time to start the LN.
Shangetsu said:
Moonchipz said:

Delicious indeed.

I don't know who in their right mind would want JC staff to continue adapting Index with the garbage adaptation so far. They did Railgun well but they completely screw up Index. Do fan of this series eagerly await JC Staff to shit all over what they like?
The team behind Railgun can showed that they can do goo adaptations as long as they dont add fillers and arent fanboying over Saten.
Nidhoeggr said:
Yay, another bad LN by a bad author gets a bad adaption...
So you read this LN as well?
You sure have a lot of free time to spent on bad LNs you only know from the adaptations.Oh wait this doesnt even have that.

TheNaturalPerm said:
Nidhoeggr said:

basically this.

Looks like a generic piece of shit with generic everything. welcome to the world of light novels: Where most everything is retarded and people have stupid names like bjarni vrodegurd

Buzzwords and parroting.10/10
Oct 5, 2014 11:13 AM

Feb 2013
Heavy object is an excellent series. I'm sure it could surprise with how non-typical it is as a mecha anime.
Oct 5, 2014 11:23 AM

Jul 2013
I was planning on reading this LN after I got caught up on Index. Nice to see another one of Kamachi's works get an anime.
Oct 5, 2014 11:43 AM

Jan 2014
I liked the manga, and I'm looking forward to an anime adaptation. It's based on an interesting sci-fi premise, technology that offers a 'clean' war, and handles it pretty well. Good sense of humor too. Those who don't like the military genre might not enjoy it so much, though.
Oct 5, 2014 12:22 PM

Aug 2013
Actually this PV is interested me because I had read the Novel and It's very badass!!
The story is about normal guys tried fight the giant mech and very much giving the vibe of Hollywood action movie and Metal Gear Solid
SOS_SamaOct 6, 2014 7:20 AM
Oct 5, 2014 12:50 PM

Apr 2013
I'm a little bit interested of this anime. The character design also looks very nice.
Oct 5, 2014 12:57 PM

Jul 2013
Shangetsu said:
Moonchipz said:

Delicious indeed.

Well, I have the same mixed feeling with JC Staff adaptation of Index and Peter Jackson adaptation of The Hobbit. I know the final product will suck, but it doesen't stop me to be hyped for seeing works I like so much on screen.
That and I love most of the VA on this series.
Oct 5, 2014 2:01 PM

Sep 2011
Nidhoeggr said:

Is this a mecha show? The last time we had a mecha LN adapt was....
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Oct 5, 2014 2:48 PM

Apr 2009
GodlyKyon said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Well, it can't be worse than Cross Ange...
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Oct 5, 2014 3:36 PM

Oct 2012
Zeta986 said:
Trust me, this one will suck.

And that's because?...

Anyway, if J.C. Staff is going to animate this, I guess I can give it a shot.
Oct 5, 2014 4:05 PM

Nov 2013
Looking forward to this.
Oct 5, 2014 4:09 PM

Jan 2008
Index is a guilty pleasure, but this just sounds uninspired and dull.
Oct 5, 2014 5:56 PM
Jun 2014
Anime is good huh..?
Roseanne Maceda
Oct 5, 2014 6:02 PM

Jul 2008
Nidhoeggr said:
GodlyKyon said:

If I've learned something by watching anime is that you'd be surprised.
Oct 5, 2014 6:23 PM
Oct 2012
the commander looks hot.
oh yeah
Oct 5, 2014 6:32 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Kurini said:
Dunois said:

Quenser Barbotage: Natsuki Hanae
Heivia Winchell: Kaito Ishikawa

Yes! These newbies seiyuu are always in the same series.

I know right!!! I love them together :) The PV looks alright since it's just a peek of a scene, but will be watching just for these two, or at least trying it out.
Oct 5, 2014 6:42 PM

Jul 2010
Wheres mah Index III ;_;
Well, im going to try watching this anyways, PV looked really average to me tho.Not expecting much so far.
Oct 5, 2014 7:29 PM
Jul 2018
It looks interesting. I will watch this anime.
Oct 5, 2014 8:14 PM

Sep 2010
belatkuro said:
Roloko said:
>Sladdy Honeysuckle
>Mariydi Whitewitch
>Mariage Nightcap

I can't get out of my head that if something happens to Alicia someone would yell "NOOOOOO SLOPPYJOESSSSSS"

I don't think I would be able to take the series seriously after that.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Oct 5, 2014 9:24 PM

Aug 2013
Personally i'd prefer A simple survey to get animated instead (though i've no idea how it'd look like in animated form) of this one. The former is pure tsukkomi gold that made me laugh uncontrollably while the latter looks like your usual sci fi-action flick.
Oct 5, 2014 9:42 PM

Jan 2014
what a lotta people complaining about it , well i was one of them, but i must say that was not a bad announce at all , though everyone was expecting Index III , we got another adaption from kamachis'novels, it's better than another bag , drink or figure.
Oct 5, 2014 9:43 PM
Aug 2012
Guess it doesn't matter if there is Index III yet.

Oct 5, 2014 9:58 PM

Aug 2011
Huh, I was a little skeptical when I read this was a LN, but after watching the PV it doesn't look too bad, plus there's no harem/ecchi to ruin it. Count me in.

And please, no CGI mecha...

Oct 5, 2014 10:38 PM
Oct 2012
Amiluhur said:
Personally i'd prefer A simple survey to get animated instead (though i've no idea how it'd look like in animated form) of this one. The former is pure tsukkomi gold that made me laugh uncontrollably while the latter looks like your usual sci fi-action flick.

A simple survey is completed and there's literally no reason to make an anime of it since it would hardly sell any LNs.
Oct 5, 2014 11:04 PM

Aug 2013
Amiluhur said:

It would be fun though as an OVA but it will be extremely difficult to adapt properly and like Watashi said, it'll not be profitable
loli_a_ravioliOct 5, 2014 11:08 PM
Oct 5, 2014 11:19 PM

Aug 2009
Nidhoeggr said:
GodlyKyon said:

Go on.I wonder how long you can keep trying to trash a series you dont know about.
Oct 6, 2014 12:28 AM

Sep 2012
Its not so bad to watch it. I like Hanae Natsuki's voice.
Oct 6, 2014 1:10 AM
May 2012
I like the girl in the cover. She looks cool. I shall watch this :3
Oct 6, 2014 1:18 AM

Dec 2011
FakePriest said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Go on.I wonder how long you can keep trying to trash a series you dont know about.

He's been doing it for years. He'll then go away and watch the series with the sole intention of finding reasons to hate it. And then he inevitably does hate it because if you go into something with that attitude you wil always find something to complain about, even if it's something that's actually entirely superficial and insignificant. Which he will then use as alleged proof that he was right all along and that everyone else was stupid to even consider that he wouldn't be.

And then a couple of people who are seemingly incapable of independent thought and who devote their entire lives to automatically agreeing with everything he says will agree with him, and he will interpret that as proof that everyone has accepted that what he said was right. And then wonder why people criticise his largely baseless predictions whenever one of these threads come out.
kuuderes_shadowOct 6, 2014 1:22 AM
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 6, 2014 9:28 AM

Aug 2009
kuuderes_shadow said:
FakePriest said:

He's been doing it for years. He'll then go away and watch the series with the sole intention of finding reasons to hate it. And then he inevitably does hate it because if you go into something with that attitude you wil always find something to complain about, even if it's something that's actually entirely superficial and insignificant. Which he will then use as alleged proof that he was right all along and that everyone else was stupid to even consider that he wouldn't be.

And then a couple of people who are seemingly incapable of independent thought and who devote their entire lives to automatically agreeing with everything he says will agree with him, and he will interpret that as proof that everyone has accepted that what he said was right. And then wonder why people criticise his largely baseless predictions whenever one of these threads come out.

Dont worry, I know him.
Oct 6, 2014 9:45 AM

Dec 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:
FakePriest said:

This is too damn accurate.
Oct 6, 2014 9:53 AM

Jul 2013
GodlyKyon said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Well, the machines don't have the usual humanoid design.
Probably that's why I like it so much.

Later I realized Barbotage's VA is the same as Aldnoah Zero Inaho.
How convinient.
Oct 6, 2014 2:23 PM

Nov 2008
count me in my body is ready
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Acro Trip' Reveals Additional Cast

Nioxys - Yesterday

2 by malvarez1 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Trillion Game' Reveals Additional Cast, Theme Songs, Second Promo

DatRandomDude - 8 hours ago

3 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» Aniplex Announces Lineup for Aniplex Online Fest 2024 [Update 8/30]

Snow - Aug 19

4 by malvarez1 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Kimi wa Meido-sama.' Unveils Additional Staff, Second Teaser Promo

Nioxys - Yesterday

2 by IzayoiSk »»
Yesterday, 9:10 AM

» Madhouse, Cyclone Graphics Adapt 'Wondance' Manga for 2025 TV Anime

DatRandomDude - Aug 21

19 by deg »»
Yesterday, 9:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.