Forums
New
Pages (22) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 21, 2014 12:26 AM

Jun 2012
mayukachan said:
FloatsBoats said:
I'm hoping Samurai Flamenco has been mentioned

Unpopular opinion but I thought it took a decent show and made it even better.

I thought it was pretty bad, but I appreciate what it had done. It was enjoyable to discuss and make fun of it as a result.
Sep 21, 2014 1:20 AM

Jul 2014
Can confirm Aldnoah.Zero..

Also waiting on a Dark than Black: Season 2 Brotherhood.
"Hi!"
Sep 21, 2014 1:27 AM
Jul 2013
What does wasted potential mean lol
Sep 21, 2014 1:32 AM

Feb 2014
Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zvezda

This had so much potential but I was dissapointed.
Sep 21, 2014 2:05 AM

Dec 2012
Akuma no Riddle along with most other try hard edgy survival shows like Crime Edge and danganronpa. Akuma suffered the most though mostly because any potential for memorable and inspiring went out the window with the last 10 minutes of the show.
Sep 21, 2014 2:14 AM

Oct 2013
Guilty Crown- great art and soundtrack but the storyline had too many plot holes and doesn't make sense.

Shakugan no Shana III- its existence was a mistake

Mekakucity Actors- at the end of the series, I forgot what the anime was about. Oh and plotholes.

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi- could have been a lot better. Oh and the best character died after 3 episodes
Sep 21, 2014 3:12 AM

Mar 2014
SAO
Sep 21, 2014 4:08 AM
Aug 2013
SAO - Obvious reasons

Guilty Crown - The writers took a shit all over the show in the 2nd half.

Zetman - Could have used another cour of episodes. Almost nothing but action with no substance. Still a really fun show though.

Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero - Took what could be a great plot in it's first 2 episodes that showed a lot of potential, and instead of expanding on it, turned it into yet another boob show and nothing more. Showed a lot of promise. By the end, it was merely average.
Sep 21, 2014 4:20 AM

Jul 2014
Wintovisky said:
Hataraku Maou-Sama? Yeah, right lol.

That's not a bad choice really, it had a massive unfunny dry spell between episode 3 or so up until Suzuno arrived, which is pretty damning for a pure comedy.

It was very very good when it was good, but it was very very boring when it wasn't.
Sep 21, 2014 4:36 AM
Nov 2013
EdenB said:
Did u guys ever watch an anime that starts as a really great one, but then it starts to let you down ?

I watched Hataraku maou-sama and it started as a really great anime, but then i got really disappointed after the 5th episode.

What about you guys?
Gantz, green onions OP
Sep 21, 2014 5:49 AM

May 2013
Captain Earth.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 21, 2014 5:52 AM

Jun 2014
Milk_is_Special said:
aiyuu said:
On the top of my head, Mekakucity Actors. It pains me to think about how great it would have been if it only was given more time..
Mekaku city actors isn't a bad show. If it was given 25 episodes instead of 12 it would've become a show which would compete in the top 30 (My opinion).

I think so too - 12 episodes was a joke, so everything was annoyingly rushed and confusing. So it ended pretty lacklusterly.
Sep 21, 2014 6:23 AM

Apr 2014
aiyuu said:
Milk_is_Special said:
Mekaku city actors isn't a bad show. If it was given 25 episodes instead of 12 it would've become a show which would compete in the top 30 (My opinion).

I think so too - 12 episodes was a joke, so everything was annoyingly rushed and confusing. So it ended pretty lacklusterly.
Atleast the art and animation were pretty.
Sep 21, 2014 7:53 AM

Aug 2014
Sword art online.
Sep 21, 2014 8:23 AM

Jul 2014
Guilty Crown
No Game No Life
Sword Art Online
Sep 21, 2014 8:27 AM

Jul 2014
jayss said:
Steins;Gate, such an interesting theme ruined by stupid character relationships

The fuck are you talking about?
Sep 21, 2014 8:34 AM

Mar 2014
Naruto had potential to be one of the best battle shonen of all time.

SAO had potential but the c relationship part ruined it.

Guilty Crown was somewhat original but I haven't seen an anime be a trainwreck so quickly.
Sep 21, 2014 8:37 AM
Apr 2008
Code Geass the franchise, D.gray-man and Gun x sword are few notable titles off the top of my head that a lot of latent potential.
Sep 21, 2014 8:43 AM

Sep 2014
guilty crown :/ still worth the watch tho ;p
uwaaaa
Sep 21, 2014 9:21 AM

Apr 2011
I could name a few just from this season;
- Rail Wars; an absolutely terrible piece of shit. An shitty excuse of an anime, even by ecchi standards. The smartest two characters have the IQ of a pig, though that is rather insulting to the pig so apologies on that part. And to think that it had the potential to be a standout performer and an example for other ecchi anime to follow.

- Glasslip; I don't even know what this is about anymore. It seems that these guys have some form of common sense that tells them to blame everything on the new kid. "Our group is breaking away, it's all David's fault", "My crush just went away on a summer camp, this is all David's fault for making him look uncool", "Our coffee mug broke, goddamn you David.". And the character interactions are awful. Again, something that had potential, but decided to waste it since idiots will rate it high "because it's romance and romance can't be terrible" anyway (yeah, believe it or not, there are people who actually think that way).

- Zankyou no Terror; I don't know what happened to this, but the characters are just bland and their little riddles just lost their charm after a while. Then Five came in and...... the roles are suddenly reversed? Seriously, what the hell? And this is coming from someone who likes cop anime.

Those are the three standouts, from what I've seen and remember.
Sep 21, 2014 9:46 AM

Oct 2012
Shadow-Samaaaa said:
jayss said:
Steins;Gate, such an interesting theme ruined by stupid character relationships

Pretty self-explanatory, I found most of the characters very annoying and the latter part of the series pretty much just concentrated on their ridiculous problems that ended up bringing needless drama. To sum it up, I didn't expect a harem when going for the series
Sep 21, 2014 10:04 AM

Nov 2012
jayss said:
Shadow-Samaaaa said:

Pretty self-explanatory, I found most of the characters very annoying and the latter part of the series pretty much just concentrated on their ridiculous problems that ended up bringing needless drama. To sum it up, I didn't expect a harem when going for the series

TUTTURUUUUU~
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Sep 21, 2014 10:09 AM

Oct 2012
ninjastarforcex said:
jayss said:

TUTTURUUUUU~
Lol, I actually liked that phrase
Sep 21, 2014 10:42 AM

May 2014
SAO- still liked it since I had already been attached to the characters from the pretty good 1st arc. But could've been sooo much better. That 2nd arc was pretty bad.

guilty crown- had sooooo much potential! If this had been done properly it could've rivaled code geass. Animation and soundtrack was amazing, but plot was bad. Like come on with a budget like that you seriously could'nt come up with a good plot?

Glasslip- still haven't watched it yet but I've heard its bad. I absolutely loved Nagi no Asukara so I was really anticipating Glasslip and decided to marathon it after the series was done. But from what I've heard so far its a big disappointment.
Sep 21, 2014 10:44 AM
Jul 2018
For sure Sword Art Online, probably didn't even have to speak it.
Maybe Haibane Renmei as the setting was used in a gimmicky way.
And I don't even know if Wolf's Rain had potential to begin with.
:But I'd say Monte Cristo could have been a lot more cleaned up.
Sep 21, 2014 10:44 AM

Jul 2014
jayss said:
Shadow-Samaaaa said:

How the hell is it a harem --'' ....
"Hi!"
Sep 21, 2014 10:49 AM

Dec 2013
jayss said:
Shadow-Samaaaa said:

Ridiculous problems? Ur joing. How on earth is any of these problems are ridiculous? And the drama beats most of the drama anime ( *cough* Clannad 1st season ). I guess you are not into that stuff.
Sep 21, 2014 10:53 AM

Jul 2011
K project

Kings, superpowers,beautiful animation, great looking characters, great concept thrown to hell
Sep 21, 2014 10:59 AM
May 2014
FadeFrost said:
Really? I kind of liked Hataraku Maou. Oh well, I guess our tastes differ.

For me the anime with the most wasted potential goes to either Sword Art Online or Guilty Crown. Both had amazing animation and sound, but the storylines fell apart and stopped making sense for me around a quarter way through.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I REALLY REALLY like Hataraku maou sama, I cried when i finished it :I . I only think it could've been way better if they didn't focus on the slice of life ( What makes it normal ) that much. Its really great and funny, i just think it could be better.
test
Sep 21, 2014 11:05 AM

May 2012
jayss said:
Shadow-Samaaaa said:

Concentrated on their ridiculous problems? You do realize there was an explanation for that?
Sep 21, 2014 11:33 AM

Oct 2012
robis798 said:
jayss said:

Ridiculous problems? Ur joing. How on earth is any of these problems are ridiculous? And the drama beats most of the drama anime ( *cough* Clannad 1st season ). I guess you are not into that stuff.
The middle part was excellent, the first major twist in the story, but all that intensity and drama shifted to these side characters and their problems, the catgirl with his daddy issues and the guy with his gender issues, as if I'd give a fuck. So to clarify even further, my dislike for the supporting cast led me to dislike the show as they became more significant in the story.
Sep 21, 2014 11:35 AM

Aug 2014
I enjoyed every episode of Maou Sama. It's not amazing but it was really fun to watch. Didn't find the chars annoying at all and liked how it turned out.
I think it should continue like it does and focus mostly on the SoL part of it. Nor would I classify it as a harem really.
A guide to living with that one guys ugly signature on MAL.

1. See that SullyNathan has posted last in thread, abort thread.
2. After clicking quick reply, close eyes and type out reply.
3. Try to scroll as far down as possible before replying if you prefer to keep your eyes open.
4. Report said signature for being offensive to the eyes.
5. See he is active in thread, scroll through thread while trying not to have eyes burned, sigh, click back & lose interest.
6. Move to another part of MAL forums where he does not visit.
MAL Jesus where are you?
Sep 21, 2014 12:00 PM

Jul 2012
jayss said:
Shadow-Samaaaa said:

I agree.

Milk_is_Special said:
Atleast the art and animation were pretty.

Not really. SHAFT should have stopped wasting their budget on Nisekoi and put more effort on MCA because it was really average for animation and art. :/ Seriously could have done much better.
Sep 21, 2014 12:19 PM

Feb 2010
M3k4toku said:
jayss said:

How the hell is it not? Half a dozen girls flocking around this nerdy dude and half of them have some sort of feelings for him. It doesn't need to be the main focus to still be a harem, and just because he picks the tsundere at the end doesn't make it any less of a harem. I'm fairly sure the VN has routes for each of the harem members as well, so yeah.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 21, 2014 12:47 PM

May 2013
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
M3k4toku said:

How the hell is it not? Half a dozen girls flocking around this nerdy dude and half of them have some sort of feelings for him. It doesn't need to be the main focus to still be a harem, and just because he picks the tsundere at the end doesn't make it any less of a harem. I'm fairly sure the VN has routes for each of the harem members as well, so yeah.

The girls only show interest in him in the Visual Novel. In the Anime itself, only Kurisu shows interest.

They are all on quite friendly terms with him though, so I could maybe see how you came to that conclusion.
Sep 21, 2014 12:52 PM

Jul 2014
Dark_Chaos said:
The girls only show interest in him in the Visual Novel. In the Anime itself, only Kurisu shows interest.

They are all on quite friendly terms with him though, so I could maybe see how you came to that conclusion.

Are you sure you watched the right show. because what Higashi said was true.
Sep 21, 2014 12:57 PM

May 2013
Okashi--chan said:
Dark_Chaos said:

I've watched it twice, both subbed and dubbed. Pretty sure I've seen the right show. Now I could ask you the same thing, but that would get us nowhere.

Instead, I'll ask you to mention specific time periods in each episode and describe what is happening in those episodes at those times in an attempt to prove Higasho's claim true.
Sep 21, 2014 12:57 PM

Dec 2013
Okashi--chan said:
Dark_Chaos said:

Agree, there were way more women ( or not haha ) interested in Okabe. But I don't know, it didn't go so badly as, for example, Clannad. And, again, the romance between Okaba and Kurisu, is probably the best of all anime.
Sep 21, 2014 1:03 PM

Jul 2014
Dark_Chaos said:
Okashi--chan said:

I've watched it twice, both subbed and dubbed. Pretty sure I've seen the right show. Now I could ask you the same thing, but that would get us nowhere.

Instead, I'll ask you to mention specific time periods in each episode and describe what is happening in those episodes at those times in an attempt to prove Higasho's claim true.

But you said they didn't show interest? wah?! they certainly did. although the romance is mostly between Okabe and Kurisu, but the other girls do show interest in him. it's just not as big or given enough screen time like Kurisu.
Edit: The dating episodes maybe?
Sep 21, 2014 1:08 PM

May 2013
Okashi--chan said:
Dark_Chaos said:

But you said they didn't show interest? wah?! they certainly did. although the romance is mostly between Okabe and Kurisu, but the other girls do show interest in him. it's just not as big or given enough screen time like Kurisu.
Edit: The dating episodes maybe?

If there were dating episodes, I wouldn't have so confidently asked you to attempt to prove my claim wrong, which you still haven't attempted to do by the way.
Sep 21, 2014 1:11 PM

Jul 2014
Dark_Chaos said:
If there were dating episodes, I wouldn't have so confidently asked you to attempt to prove my claim wrong, which you still haven't attempted to do by the way.

They were dating episodes. He literally has to go out on a date with each one of them, so that he can
Sep 21, 2014 1:13 PM

Mar 2014
every 12min episode anime.

could be longer
Sep 21, 2014 1:22 PM

Feb 2010
Dark_Chaos said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

I don't think explicit interest is necessary as long as they all gather around a male and keep following him etc... the interest is kinda implied in most cases. It's not that uncommon for harems or reverse harems to not have them explicitly state their attraction, as far as I know. The mere setup of 1 guy in the middle of a lot of girls can already be enough for the label.
It's not in a real harem the women all love the harem leader. They are just 'available'.
:>
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 21, 2014 1:40 PM

May 2013
Okashi--chan said:
Dark_Chaos said:

They were dating episodes. He literally has to go out on a date with each one of them, so that he can

There were no dating in those episodes. I even went back and skimmed through them just to be sure. He was helping them all with their problems. If all the heroines switched genders, nothing else would change.

Most harems have the heroines reveal their interest clearly to the audience at least once in the series, even if they never tell another character in the series. Because Steins Gate did not do this, we can conclude that no one except Kurisu's feelings for Okabe can be confirmed. Even Shounen such as Inuyasha had a couple females admit they liked the hero, which is odd considering "harem" doesn't exactly come to mind when you think of it.
Sep 21, 2014 1:43 PM

Apr 2011
If you guys are talking about a Harem in SG, then Kurisu, the trap and the maid are all interested in him romantically. Therefore, it counts as a harem.
Sep 21, 2014 1:43 PM

Jul 2012
Dark_Chaos said:
If all the heroines switched genders, nothing else would change.

lol if they did, people would call S;G fujoshi bait and/or yaoi.
Sep 21, 2014 2:10 PM

May 2013
mayukachan said:
Dark_Chaos said:
If all the heroines switched genders, nothing else would change.

lol if they did, people would call S;G fujoshi bait and/or yaoi.

If the genders were switched, only the fujoshi would ship them all, much like when they shipped Light and L in Death Note when there was nothing going on and all the other fans were calling them crazy.
Sep 21, 2014 2:12 PM

Jul 2012
Dark_Chaos said:
If the genders were switched, only the fujoshi would ship them all, much like when they shipped Light and L in Death Note when there was nothing going on and all the other fans were calling them crazy.

Probably lol. I'm one of the few girls that would have preferred Misa x Light over any of the yaoi couples in Death Note x_x Same with DRRR actually.
Sep 21, 2014 2:18 PM

Apr 2011
mayukachan said:
Dark_Chaos said:

Probably lol. I'm one of the few girls that would have preferred Misa x Light over any of the yaoi couples in Death Note x_x Same with DRRR actually.

Yaoi pairings only really get annoying when they go "Oh look, they're trying to kill each other. Such love!!!".
Sep 21, 2014 2:27 PM

May 2013
mayukachan said:
Dark_Chaos said:

Yeah, females tend to really like Misa for some reason. I don't dislike her, but I don't like her either. I'm neutral in other words.
Dark_ChaosSep 21, 2014 2:41 PM
Pages (22) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Best episodic anime

JoeChip - 4 hours ago

15 by etran3016 »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » how "loved" is your #1 fave character of all time ?

ame - Yesterday

34 by Noboru »»
4 minutes ago

» Are there any hobbies you do that are influenced by anime?

otaku2000anime - 42 minutes ago

6 by Kenzolo-folk »»
7 minutes ago

» Looks like mecha anime's are dead. RIP, giant robots. ( 1 2 3 4 )

Gashadokur0 - Jun 23

189 by Pages_Pages »»
42 minutes ago

» Anime carried by Animation ( 1 2 )

ST63LTH - Yesterday

63 by APolygons2 »»
43 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.