Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 20, 2014 4:59 PM

Apr 2013
The animation was quite mediocre and even the format of introducing a villain half way through the episode to assassinate him is getting a bit old. I still enjoyed the episode, but hopefully it'll get better down the line.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jul 20, 2014 5:00 PM

Aug 2010
Loved Akame's slash at the beginning. Can't wait to see more of her in action.

This episode was good overall. Mine seemed pretty annoying in the first two episodes but this episode gives her some light. Her sharpshooting skills are definitely top tier.
Jul 20, 2014 5:07 PM

Feb 2012
-jumps right into the action without any sort of transition
-clunky exposition regarding their powers (seriously, who is listening to them XD)
-walk in on girl changing, how original
-Bitchy girl falls crushes on the MC in the span of one episode
etc. etc.

Show isn't unwatchable, and the logistics of the plot aren't as bad as some of you make it out to seem, but this show is definitely average at best for me. I think some of you really need to reconsider what you consider to be "good" anime. Just curious, how old are some of you posting here? Maybe this show isn't suited for my age or something, even if it is "violent"
idontwannapostJul 20, 2014 5:19 PM
Jul 20, 2014 5:43 PM
Feb 2013
Duri1n said:
NeutralSide said:
I swear...Everytime I go to a Chapter discussion I always pop a nerve at ignorant people.
If you don't like the Anime,Fuck off then there's only Three episodes so far.I even recommend the Manga first because its Better in a ton of ways.
Seriously,Someone would always find a reason to complain to something so trivial.There's the one guy whose complaining about Lubbock and that Tied up woman and going about Most men would and rape her because She's at Lubbock's Mercy because of his Teigu.Get a grip you Moron!
I know the Anime hasn't made it clear that They are Rebels and Even at war with the Imperial but Really most of the Personnel in Nightraid has their own Grudge or Reason for hating the Imperial,Rape,Murder Everything anything could be a reason to hate the imperial.Then you want Lubbock to Fondle the tied up woman? Like I said Get a grip you Jackass!
The people in nightraid has their own Tragedy caused by Directly or Indirectly by the Imperial Meaning they have a grudge.They joined Nightraid to Get rid of this Evil entity,So why would Lubbock do Indecent things to the Girl? Isn't that the same thing as being the Imperial?

They kill people and they even admit that its not a Saintly thing and They expect worse to happen to them While doing their Assassinations.

er... dude... if your referring to the post by AnimageNeby, I think u took it the wrong way. I won't deny that there are ignorant people hating on AkG, but AnimageNeby isn't one of them -_-... he just mentioned something curious, and if u actually read and understood his post, you'd see he makes a rather valid point... it is kinda interesting to see a supposedly perverted character in a 'dark' show not rape that woman before killing her... besides, he even admits it's a trivial point, but it is something possibly worth discussing, which is what this thread is for...

and if I'm wrong and your actually referring to another post that really was stupid, I'd feel pretty darn stupid writing such a serious reply...

I think he WAS refering to me/my posts.

That's what you get with this constant duality being portrayed in fora like these. It's really tiresome after a while. It's like there exist only two sides: fanboys and haters. Or at least, that's what some act as if it's the case.

In reality, there is nothing wrong with liking a series and having some criticism on it as well. Unless one thinks everything is perfect, it makes even sense doing so. The criticism doesn't make you a hater, on the contrary. That said, I do find it annoying that some people just keep coming back, week after week, always saying the same things. That goes for fanboys as well as haters, but with the last I have the additional remark that it's quite illogical to keep returning here to tell everyone how you disliked the anime and that it was boring as hell. I mean: fine. Watch something else then. Life is too short to waste it on things you don't like. Even if you feel the need to vent your frustrations or disappointments (which I think should be possible); tell it once, but not every week. Just like an old joke, it gets annoying real soon, real quick. some, I realise, post just for that reason. And thus, are trolls.

Anyway, as you said, I actually like the series and I did say the point about Lubbock and that woman was rather trivial, indeed, and didn't really influence my level of appreciation for it. It was just something I noted, and while the finer nuance may have been missed by some who usually dabble in a strict fanboy-hater dichotomy, the point that I was making was, that the scene didn't really suit the character, as has been portrayed. A pervy assassin...which refuses to rape, well actually just fuck a woman (since she alluded to it for sparing her life), but has no qualm murdering her in a situation where she is defenceless. And after he kills her, sighs and finds it a waste.

It just seems a bit awkward, whether you see it from the 'pervy assassin' viewpoint, a 'moral/ethical high standing assassin', or a 'professional assassin'. There is always *something* that don't fit one of those roles in that scene.

But, ultimately trivial indeed. If I would have to do my best to give some criticism, I would rather take the stills. Which... some see as 'artsy' and some as 'cheap' (which, again, proves my former point of the subjective nature in evaluating things like this). Well... one *could* consider it 'artsy'... I guess. I'm not sure of it myself. I think it it's definitely tried to come off as it being artsy. But, I think they're overusing it a bit and laying it too thick (the 'humans as devils'-concept and visualisation). As with all things (including jokes and oneliners); too much repetition makes dull and then annoying.

I can see both views on the stills, but all in all, I think moderation would be in order. Too much 'artsy' DOES make cheap. again, not a major issue, but still.

Other things are slight inconsistencies, like, as some have pointed out, the fact that some martial master who can dodge bullets, can't dodge, nor get rid or even get loose from a boy holding him at the waist. I mean... if he's so strong and all... he could/should have been able to get loose, or even just killed him. I mean, don't martial masters who can dodge bullets and kill with the hands have a move or two, to, for instance, break the spine, pop out or gauge the MC's eyes, break his unprotected neck, etc. That failed a bit the logical coherence test as well, imho.

But, one has to be balanced about this. All in all, those are only very minor issues, which often lasted a fraction of a scene/episode. It's a bit regrettable that they are there, those little inconsistencies, but as said, nothing is perfect. Maybe some even like it. For me, it are things I noted and find regrettable, however. But I also note that it doesn't make or break the series, and the many good things (or at least, what I consider to be good), far outweighs the little issues it has here and there.

So, all in moderation. I mean, some even complain about the use of typical anime tropes, but...it IS anime, an those HAVE their tropes. One should be used to that by now and expect it, seriously. If it comes overbearing, ok. But if there's a trope - like an ecchi scene - put there now and then, well...that's like complaining water is wet. :-)

And, to the defence of the series, because I see some complain about 'the 1 dimensional characters', it DOES get better (at least in the manga), and they (will) do their best to make some characters (and situations, like the assassinations) less one dimensional, and more morally ambiguous. It's actually quite good in that regard. But I can't say more without spoiling. Let's not forget it's only the third episode, after all. And let's make a comparison to it's peers, btw. Not many do a better job at it then this series, and a lot are worse. (In the same shounen genre, HXH comes to mind, but not many others. While a LOT more shounen are far more generic and 1 dimensional than this one).

Maybe such relative comparisons says little to some. But still, in evaluating 'good' or 'bad', one has to compare it with something, me thinks. Sure, it's no Psycho Pass or Shin Sekai Yori, but let's be honest: within it's genre, it's quite good.
AnimageNebyJul 21, 2014 1:56 AM
Jul 20, 2014 5:44 PM

Dec 2011
There it is. They included the invasion arc. And the anime made me love Mine more.

We got the explanations of Teigu, Imperial Arm is the English translation of it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2014 6:04 PM

Aug 2013
Least favorite episode so far. Not bad though. Probably like a 6.5/10.

I have two problems with this series:

The first is the comedy. It is jarringly awkward when they throw in comedy in a scene where a character just got killed. (Or the MC's friends were just found tortured and dying...) The timing of the comedy kind of pisses me off. I don't think I laughed once this episode because of the situations where a "comedic moment" happened.

The character designs are also kind of awkward. They are a bit too outlandish for this type of series. (Mine's long twintails and bright pink hair, and Bulat's weird hairstyle.) But I guess they are unique, which is a bit of plus.

Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying this series and I think it has a lot of potential. My main wish is that they would place the comedy in better situations. Aside from that, everything else is pretty good so far.
Jul 20, 2014 6:14 PM

Apr 2012
Can someone give me an organized list of the GOOD arguments against the quality of this series, because i can't really find many valid opinions here.

I do like this series, but i can recognize the fact that it would have flaws. I would like to actually see what flaws people are noticing.

Thank you.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
VudisJul 22, 2014 11:22 AM
Jul 20, 2014 6:21 PM

Apr 2013
Can someone give me an organized list of the GOOD arguments against the quality of this series, because i can't really find many valid opinions here.

I do like this series, but i can recognize the fact that it would have flaws. I would like to actually see what flaws people are noticing.

Thank you.[/quote]read the manga reviews

http://myanimelist.net/manga/25132/Akame_ga_Kill!/reviews

You probably don't care, but I agree with the third review the most.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting from quote.
VudisJul 22, 2014 11:24 AM
Jul 20, 2014 6:22 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode and great anime so far!
Jul 20, 2014 6:28 PM

Jun 2008
Nintendofan204 said:
Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying this series and I think it has a lot of potential. My main wish is that they would place the comedy in better situations. Aside from that, everything else is pretty good so far.

Some of you guys makes criticism to oharsh,This is actually his (Takahiro) first successful serialization, so I just wish that people can understand that he is still trying to find his balance and not paint the whole series with the same initial criticism.

Heck, this is also the first successful serialization for his Illustrator,TASHIRO Tetsuya.

Even Araki the creator of JOJO needs 3 Parts to actually know what he's going to be focusing on.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jul 20, 2014 6:55 PM

Sep 2013
If Mine does a 720 no scope kill, she'll be my favorite character. I really like her character though. And she was even wearing pink string underwear!

There is always a character like Mine aha. Mostly girls with cherry blossom hair color. :)

Jul 20, 2014 6:56 PM

May 2011
Tatsumi must find himself one of those imperial arms. :D
Jul 20, 2014 7:14 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Great adaptation, my only complain would be the lack of some gore, these manga version add more, and it was something I enjoyed because it really brought that dark and brutal nature of the series the series gives plenty of. And as of now I doubt the anime version will be as gory as the manga version, maybe to appeal to more people?? Either way, great pacing, there isnt any slow and boring moment, the story is always moving on without dragging on its feets.
This all makes the wait for the next episode less beared. Damm it!!
Jul 20, 2014 7:21 PM
Jan 2013
I don't understand the appeal of this. It's honestly quite generic. The first episode was interesting, but this show has devolved into every-shonen-ever. It's unlikely to get better.

And this is at #73 somehow? WTF. It ranks above an actual decent shonen like Tokyo Ghoul, overrated much? It feels like Attack on Titan happening all over again...

Dropping this
Jul 20, 2014 7:22 PM

Feb 2012
Ah, there goes the good old three episode rule, that I'll probably have to change after dropping this anime. Can only blame myself for not reading better and going blindly into this super sentai assassin anime.

The mood and tone shifts erratically between "funny" and "grim serious", except "funny" parts aren't funny and the "grim serious" moments are unintentionally hilarious because they suffer from shitty characterization and are filled with virtually every shounen anime cliche possible. Perhaps next episode could feature a beach vacation, starting with Mine running late and holding a sandwich in her mouth.

Main plot point, why are people suffering and what is all the trouble and fighting about?

CUZ CAPITOL RICH PEOPLE R EVUL SADISTS LUL - SINCE THEY'RE RICH...AND IN THE CAPITOL...AND PRESSURED BY A MINISTER THAT DOES WHAT HE PLEASES. Despite rulers ending up with their heads on pikes for less, after you trigger a revolution by pissing a large enough number of your population off.

Spice that nonsensical plot up with pathetic animation quality such as cut frames and constant overuse of stills and you have a huge slap in the face by a cock anime. My warning alarms should have went off as soon as I seen the fucking "assassins"...

This is an assassin:

This is also an assassin:

This is a cosplaying princess:

Learn the difference, it could save your life.

I'll always treasure some of the finer "memorable" and hilarious quotes from this masterpiece such as:

"It seems he kept himself alive by will alone" and "So Master Ieyasu has to have a cool end... *fist bump*"

or

"You'll never be a "professional" like us", spoken by Pink Lolita to Captain Generic.

Meanwhile Leon is turning somewhere in his grave. Fuck this anime with a rusty spoon.
Jul 20, 2014 7:28 PM

May 2011
Playcool said:
Great adaptation, my only complain would be the lack of some gore, these manga version add more, and it was something I enjoyed because it really brought that dark and brutal nature of the series the series gives plenty of. And as of now I doubt the anime version will be as gory as the manga version, maybe to appeal to more people?? Either way, great pacing, there isnt any slow and boring moment, the story is always moving on without dragging on its feets.

Frankly, I'm satisfied with the current amount of gore in the anime, It's unusual to see a new gory 24 episode anime like AgK. All the gory anime I've ever seen were too short! Like 12 episode or less. A lot of long classic anime were so gory but now we don't see something like that very often.

Kids can't watch gore anime so it's not profitable. :/
Jul 20, 2014 7:33 PM
Jun 2011
Loved this episode. people need to learn to be patient. Im patiently waiting for the other team to show. Manga readers know what I mean.
Jul 20, 2014 8:04 PM

Apr 2013

Thank you.[/quote]1) dark/edgy things happens, then in the next scene its some random generic comedy.. gore/blood on full display, then you have some tsundere loli in underwears.
2) action/battle scenes are stills most of the time or just uninteresting because they barely show anything on screen
3) in this episode, the guard can dodge a barrage of bullet but can't free himself from some kid that isn't that powerful/strong physically
4) ..

I could go on but analyzing this is giving me a headache.. the anime isn't bad, just overhyped.. Its simply a better Zero no Tsukaima.

Also, your comment is rather funny. You dismiss every good point that was made prior in this thread by calling it trolling.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting from quote.
VudisJul 22, 2014 11:30 AM
Jul 20, 2014 8:14 PM

Aug 2013
It was a good episode but the shift from serious to comedic mood in the Mine-Tatsumi vs guard was just...eh. Killed the mood.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 20, 2014 8:15 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Sourire said:
-Aero- said:
Can someone give me an organized list of the GOOD arguments against the quality of this series, because there's so much crap here i can't really find many valid opinions.

I do like this series, but i can recognize the fact that it would have flaws. I would like to actually see what flaws people are noticing rather than just idiotic trolling.

Thank you.
1) dark/edgy things happens, then in the next scene its some random generic comedy.. gore/blood on full display, then you have some tsundere loli in underwears.
2) action/battle scenes are stills most of the time or just uninteresting because they barely show anything on screen
3) in this episode, the guard can dodge a barrage of bullet but can't free himself from some kid that isn't that powerful/strong physically
4) ..

I could go on but analyzing this is giving me a headache.. the anime isn't bad, just overhyped.. Its simply a better Zero no Tsukaima.

Also, your comment is rather funny. You dismiss every good point that was made prior in this thread by calling it trolling.
I actually enjoyed the mood transition. The actions scenes they are good, but on the manga they are flashier, you get great action drawns full of nice touches and effects. It all comes down to personal tastes, I wasnt hyped when I heared about this show, the anime first episode made by day, and the manga was just amazing for me. So I didnt suffered from any overhyped BS, I got hyped with how far this series is good by what I experienced.

Off-topic and biased as shit!!: ZnT is great!! Come on, cant ignore that Louise tsundere cuteness (when you get adapted to it)!! xD
PlaycoolJul 20, 2014 8:24 PM
Jul 20, 2014 8:17 PM

Apr 2014
So we get the old guy walks in and see girl naked thing here. Pretty cliche if you ask me and the animation was mediocre during most of the fight scenes. The action scenes were pretty underwhelming and most of the kills were barely shown. And why are the kills only shown in still images? And they've got to do something about the tone of the show I mean one second everything is grimdark then we get some comedy scenes out of nowhere.(bad writing?)

lol and the best part
Vexper said:
Master martial artist can't break out of someone grasping his waist... classic.

Lets see if they'll improve
3/5
Z4KJul 21, 2014 12:25 AM
Jul 20, 2014 8:53 PM

Feb 2014
Sourire said:
the anime isn't bad, just overhyped

I will say this: There's a reason(s) why this overhyped or just hyped in general. Trust me, people wouldn't be glamouring about this series if it was like the first three episodes all the way through.

These introductory episodes are here to build a base and give a feel for the characters and setting. Next episode everyone should get a good idea on how epic the fights can be. The fight in the next episode is very good, but compared to some of the future fights, it pales in comparison. The fights in AgK have to be some of the intense things I've ever read in a manga. No joke.
Jul 20, 2014 8:53 PM

Aug 2009
I liked this episode as well. Mine's voice is kind of annoying to me, maybe it's just too high pitched but other than that I really have no complaints. Can't wait til Tatsumi improves his fighting abilities til the point where others aren't rushing over to save him.

Jul 20, 2014 9:04 PM

Feb 2014
Playcool said:

IDK, it's pretty damn gorey. There's no censoring and I think there's plenty of gore. I don't really get the lack of gore impression, but might be me. Maybe I'm still amazed that it isn't censored.

Hell, I still thought the crucifixion scene was pretty graphic. The only difference is that they left the clothes on the people, in the manga they were all naked.

Cupquake said:
As a manga reader, I say that the change in tone is cool at first, but then gets very tiring and eventually ruins the series

Ruins the series? Hmmmmm haven't heard that before. Did you like the lighthearted elements more or what?

And make sure to put your reply in a spoiler if you wish to go into more detail on why you feel that way :)

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
VudisJul 22, 2014 11:35 AM
Jul 20, 2014 9:06 PM

Apr 2013
LoomyTheBrew said:
Cupquake said:
As a manga reader, I say that the change in tone is cool at first, but then gets very tiring and eventually ruins the series

Ruins the series? Hmmmmm haven't heard that before. Did you like the lighthearted elements more or what?
No, I'm talking about the vast amount of disturbing for no reason shit that's been going on since the wild hunt was introduced

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
VudisJul 22, 2014 11:36 AM
Jul 20, 2014 9:16 PM

Feb 2012
Cupquake said:

If the tone shift is anything like pinkie's "troubled past" I'll pass. So much surface level stuff going on I don't understand why people make a big deal out of this show.

Looking at the art from the manga, I will admit it is very well drawn, especially the fights, but design wise it's all very derivative and pandering to the kind of people who buy body pillows *shudder*
Either way, how good the manga is has nothing to do with how good the anime is. I'm going to judge it for what it is, and so far nothing stands out. I think many of you are letting your judgment of the manga cloud your perception of the anime.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
VudisJul 22, 2014 11:36 AM
Jul 20, 2014 9:24 PM
Aug 2011
My dislike for Tatsumi has already been established but now I hate pink-haired twintail too.

She's a good shot but it's hard to be impressed when all I can see is her shitty personality.
Jul 20, 2014 9:28 PM

Aug 2013
So everybody was complaining about the omitted scenes from last week with Braht showing Tatsumi Incursio and the killing of the assassin squad. I said they would most likely add it in this week and thank god I was right.

Akame's White Fox boob job is so distracting. When she triple killed those 3 guys instead of looking at the blood spewing I was like holy shit look at those sweet tits!

Braht was fucking legit in this episode. Literally disintegrated those guys.

Mein is just like one solid walking color and it kind of bothers me. Pink hair, eyes, clothes, shoes, and panties. Literally the only color break is in her stockings. I wish they would have done that a little better, but oh well.

Been watching HS version for the past 2 weeks and haven't really had any complaints...but them translating Teigu into Imperial Arms is fucking retarded I'm sorry. Teigu was Teigu in the manga for 51 chapters. Teigu were special weapons that weren't anything like imperial arms, so there should be absolutely no reason to translate it that way. It should just stay Teigu.

From the end of that episode it looks like the adaptation is still going smoothly, and the butcher serial killer makes his appearance next. My memory of the early chaps is a little vague but IIRC Esdese should be making a minimal debut of some sort in the next 1-2 episodes!!!
Jul 20, 2014 9:44 PM
May 2014
@Jonesy974
Teigu literrally means Imperial Arms in japanese just in case you didn't know. I wouldn't call it misplaced because well it's an accurate translation but I do understand what you mean by the sudden change of the term. It hit me pretty hard too as I didn't even know they were talking about their Teigu first and it took me a few seconds to get it.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jul 20, 2014 9:57 PM

May 2014
Good episode. Although I dislike how its following the manga to a T. Honestly think they can at least take some liberty with the script.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Jul 20, 2014 9:59 PM

Jan 2014
Wow. The amount of stereotype scenes in this episode was pretty overwhelming. All that needed to be added was Mine shouting "Baka!" as she blasted Tatsumi.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jul 20, 2014 10:00 PM
May 2014
LPGeneratorx said:
Good episode. Although I dislike how its following the manga to a T. Honestly think they can at least take some liberty with the script.

I think it's better for them to be faithfull while adding small usefull fillers(not like bullshit fanservice Mine) into the episodes where they need to add some more stuff.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jul 20, 2014 10:10 PM

Feb 2014
Cupquake said:
No, I'm talking about the vast amount of disturbing for no reason shit that's been going on since the wild hunt was introduced

Jul 20, 2014 10:16 PM

Apr 2013
LoomyTheBrew said:
Cupquake said:

Jul 20, 2014 10:19 PM

Feb 2014
Cupquake said:
LoomyTheBrew said:

Jul 20, 2014 10:20 PM

Apr 2013
LoomyTheBrew said:
Cupquake said:

Opinions are opinions, and I respect yours.
Jul 20, 2014 10:28 PM

Sep 2011
Ok ep, the animation is just wth with so many still images shake.
Jul 20, 2014 10:43 PM

Jun 2013
So far the adaption is pretty solid. Mine is even cuter in the anime
Jul 20, 2014 10:54 PM

Mar 2014
Haha sweet, they added the Invasion scene. Faith in this adaptation restored.
Jul 20, 2014 10:55 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode. That sniper is deadly.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 20, 2014 11:00 PM
Dec 2012
Next Episode: The Best Teigu appeared!
Jul 20, 2014 11:13 PM

Apr 2011
Sourire said:
1) dark/edgy things happens, then in the next scene its some random generic comedy.. gore/blood on full display, then you have some tsundere loli in underwears.
4) ..

Point three is wrong, Tatsumi is physicaly strong enough to one-shot 6 meters danger beast, the Earth dragon. He has unhuman stats by default.

Anyway transition between moods is bad, I myself love mood whipslashes, but this one doesn't do that well. It become smoother due time a bit though.

Still frames indeed are quite issue, White fox thing they can make it look ĺike stilisation choice, but it doesn't work well.

Anyway anime didn't get into point where manga fully established it's merrit yet, because that these three episodes are rather non indicative.
Jul 20, 2014 11:40 PM

Aug 2012
Mine's weapon is freakin deadly
Jul 20, 2014 11:41 PM

Jan 2011
This episode of Akame ga Kill! was fantastic! I'm SO glad that White Fox actually animated the infiltration base part that they skipped from chapter 2 that was supposed to be in episode 2. I see why they did that and I'm satisfied with that rearrangement. Tatsumi calling Bulat 'aniki', awwww hell yeah!!! :DD

Absolutely loved the action scenes in this episode. Everyone's abilities and weapons are so unique and awesome. Lubbock's strings are so deadly, like geezus! Tatsumi opens the door as Mine's changing was hilarious. She could've killed him easily omg! xD Geezus, Tatsumi and Mine going on a 'date' was really nice. Man I swear, Mine's so much cuter in the anime! :33

The Prime Minister is such a heartless pig, seriously. >_> Mine's concentration and her sniping skills are amazing! She head-shot killed that guy easily! Oh man, Tatsumi trusting Mine was great. Mine and Tatsumi's relationship right now is so cute and funny. Mine's a total tsundere. I can't wait for more of these moments, if you know what I mean. ;)
5/5
Jul 20, 2014 11:48 PM

Apr 2013
Does the flashbacks of Sayo ever stop?
Let her rest in peace already.
http://i.imgur.com/M5tNkyn.jpg?1

I don't think a Tatsumi X Sayo is gonna happen?
Jul 21, 2014 12:32 AM

Apr 2010
FlamingYu said:
Does the flashbacks of Sayo ever stop?
Let her rest in peace already.
http://i.imgur.com/M5tNkyn.jpg?1

I don't think a Tatsumi X Sayo is gonna happen?

It is.
Jul 21, 2014 1:00 AM

Mar 2013
My main problem with this show is how they de-humanize all the villains and make them typical bullshit villains that are easy to hate.

Would've been a lot better if it was a storyline where they were only "bad guys" from the protagonists perspective under their circumstances, and the antagonists had "greater good" kind of reasons for doing what they do, forcing the protagonists to confront themselves at some point and ask themselves if they're doing the right thing, and making the viewers possibly side with the bad guys depending on how and why they do what they do.
Shows where the viewers can understand the bad guys perspective and have trouble deciding who's more right or who's more wrong are the best kind of shows that make you ask yourself what you would do.

As it stands now, they just demonize the antagonists with shitty voice alterations and facial distortions that further enforces their nonhuman-ness which makes them easy to hate by everyone so nobody bats an eye when the "good guys" kill them, despite the fact that one of the raiders said "we're not heroes, we just kill people".

I wish they had more moral/ethical crises and that this anime wasn't just a "kill the bad guys and pat ourselves on the back for a job well done" kind of show - which is where it seems to be heading. Disappointing.
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Jul 21, 2014 1:03 AM

Sep 2013
Good lord a "date" with the twin-tailed tsundere loli girl and Bulat's magical girl transformation is so..

The comedy in this show is a serious mood killer and that martial arts expert is so fucking weak for a master of ten years, he cant even subdue a kid bear-hugging him.
AsianKungFuJul 21, 2014 1:10 AM
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jul 21, 2014 1:07 AM
Dec 2008
That "bear hug" (as AsianKungFu said) was pretty ridiculous. And they had to stop that for comic relief?! Killed the mood for me, hahaha.
Jul 21, 2014 1:15 AM
Jul 2014
AsianKungFu said:
martial arts expert is so fucking weak for a master of ten years, he cant even subdue a kid bear-hugging him.

He did say he got kicked out, maybe he was good at combat but was too incompetent?
Also, he's not a master of 10 years, he was a master 10 years ago, until he got kicked out and hired as a guard. 10 years of fucking and guarding probably weakened him quite a bit.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2014

1213 by deanglz »»
Aug 27, 3:29 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 9, 2014

612 by C10udzTheWeeb »»
Aug 9, 4:00 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2014

430 by Rizsen »»
Aug 7, 11:26 AM

» Worth watching while being spoiled?

Ghost_Davo - Jul 14

39 by did4375 »»
Jul 26, 6:31 AM

» What displeased you so much? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jul 6

52 by Joichi_joestar »»
Jul 24, 5:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.