Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (25) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jul 6, 2014 1:24 PM

Jan 2012
Nidhoeggr said:

Exactly. I read all of the manga and
is not good writing, it is edgy as hell and really crude. Only 14-year olds would like that.

Lol wow real mature of you on that last bit here. Some of you are really trying hard in this thread.
VPedgeJul 6, 2014 1:27 PM
"Yo, Buddy. Still alive?" -Solo Wing Pixy, AC:Zero (best game ever)
Jul 6, 2014 1:26 PM

Jan 2013

Easy to see the censoring here.

How lucky that the top left and right of the screen are conveniently in shadow.

I mean thats some lucky shadow.

EDIT:

This show is Mirai Nikki 2014
Jul 6, 2014 1:28 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
Tokoya said:

Exactly. I read all of the manga and
is not good writing, it is edgy as hell and really crude. Only 14-year olds would like that.

It's still the laziest form of antagonizing villians you can come up with. I know the intent, but it still doesn't change that it is fucking weak for an author to use this.[/quote]Well I disagree completely because

TokoyaJul 6, 2014 1:32 PM
Jul 6, 2014 1:28 PM

Jan 2014
Nidhoeggr said:
GreenBenjamin said:
In reply to nidhogg, I put berserk on hold cuz I can wait 10 years and only be 5 chapters behind. Good ol muira.

Also, someone said 7.6 isn't popular. Well it's 8.3 now. Get rekt.

So you are just impatient then. That's ok. Also, argumentum ad populum as a discussion technique is rather weak.
i g
DejWoSWK said:
GreenBenjamin said:
In reply to nidhogg, I put berserk on hold cuz I can wait 10 years and only be 5 chapters behind. Good ol muira.

Also, someone said 7.6 isn't popular. Well it's 8.3 now. Get rekt.

Quality>Quantity

Even though it was a hyperbole on your part.
i guess you guys don't read the isn't red text where someone says "7.6 isn't really popular" it's ok just look for the big red text.
Jul 6, 2014 1:29 PM

Jan 2012
SolviteSekai said:

EDIT:

You know for someone who just said they where done caring you are still here trying to be that person trying to shit on something for the pure point of doing it now just move on with it.

Or is this how MAL posters do things?
Jul 6, 2014 1:30 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
SolviteSekai said:

EDIT:

It wasn't that censored regardless lol...Most of the time it was hardly that noticeable and didn't affect anything much xD
Jul 6, 2014 1:31 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
VPedge said:
SolviteSekai said:

EDIT:

You know for someone who just said they where done caring you are still here trying to be that person trying to shit on something for the pure point of doing it now just move on with it.
Deep down, I know he likes it =P
Jul 6, 2014 1:32 PM
Jun 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
IT HAS BEGUN.

Great OST first of all. The episode didn't waste any time with the action. I'm not liking the MC too much though. OP song was alright I guess. For one thing though, I'm not liking Tatsumi's design much. We do meet the other characters though as part of Night Raid. I also noticed they showed a clip of the
in the OP song.

Can't wait to see them soon. 2 cour show. I'm definitely interested to see where this goes. The Night Raid are pretty badass so far. Great to see Akame too.

Roseanne Maceda
Jul 6, 2014 1:32 PM

Aug 2012
tsudecimo said:
FrancWyvern said:
I came here to see if someone posted an actual counterargument. I was called an hipster, so I guess I won't find such a thing here.

Not that I like the show/manga, but your ''argument'' was a bunch of buzzwords jumbled together. Nothing really substantial, coherent and well thought out.

Ok, in this anime evil people are evil because they are rich and it changes from heavy drama too silly comedy in one second. What else do you want?
Jul 6, 2014 1:33 PM

Apr 2009
Tokoya said:
Nidhoeggr said:

It's still the laziest form of antagonizing villians you can come up with. I know the intent, but it still doesn't change that it is fucking weak for an author to use this.
Well I disagree completely because

[/quote]

1. Shounen is more of a lable put on by magazines. Aria is a shounen, Deadman Wonderland is a Shounen, it's secondary and doesnt mean shit for the story development. And gore =/= mature. Actually, it is the opposite.
2. He doesn't take risks because every second fucking action Shounen is trying to be this edgy as well. Deadman Wonderland, Area D, Shingeki, Tokyo Ghoul, Mirai Nikki, etc. and these are just a few examples from the past years. If anything it is a safe bet because the author knows teens will eat it up.
3. The characters are all archetypes and gore =/= realism. This is like SAO or other cheap series that try to shock gullable viewers with the cartonishly absurd evil acts of villians to justify lazily written self-justice and make sure their characters are always "the good guys".
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jul 6, 2014 1:35 PM

Apr 2008
Nidhoeggr said:

3. The characters are all archetypes and gore =/= realism. This is like SAO or other cheap series that try to shock gullable viewers with the cartonishly absurd evil acts of villians to justify lazily written self-justice and make sure their characters are always 2the good guys".

It really felt like SAO to me. I don't know why everyone equates edginess with maturity. It's a preteen's concept of maturity. Yes, it's not for kids... but it's for slightly older kids who are at the stage where they resent the label "for kids."
Jul 6, 2014 1:35 PM
Oct 2012
Loved it! Lived up to the expectations I got from the manga.
Jul 6, 2014 1:36 PM

Jul 2013
well, i expected a bit more from this but it still was great
episode filled with action and nice animation (i was really satisfied with the blood animation, it felt real, and many shows seem to struggle in this point)
something i just didn't think it was right is that they are supposed to be people who fight for justice, but the big titties girl didn't hesitate to steal all the money from tatsumi... just doesn't feel right
Jul 6, 2014 1:37 PM

Apr 2009
Plate said:
Nidhoeggr said:

3. The characters are all archetypes and gore =/= realism. This is like SAO or other cheap series that try to shock gullable viewers with the cartonishly absurd evil acts of villians to justify lazily written self-justice and make sure their characters are always 2the good guys".

It really felt like SAO to me. I don't know why everyone equates edginess with maturity. It's a preteen's concept of maturity. Yes, it's not for kids... but it's for slightly older kids who are at the stage where they resent the label "for kids."

Or the Call of Duty kind of justice. "Look, we show the bad guys kill a child. DO YOU FEEL SAD NAO?! Good, now massacre a few hundred people because you are JUSTICE!".
Jul 6, 2014 1:38 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
Tokoya said:

It's still the laziest form of antagonizing villians you can come up with. I know the intent, but it still doesn't change that it is fucking weak for an author to use this.

1. Shounen is more of a lable put on by magazines. Aria is a shounen, Deadman Wonderland is a Shounen, it's secondary and doesnt mean shit for the story development. And gore =/= mature. Actually, it is the opposite.
2. He doesn't take risks because every second fucking action Shounen is trying to be this edgy as well. Deadman Wonderland, Area D, Shingeki, Tokyo Ghoul, Mirai Nikki, etc. and these are just a few examples from the past years. If anything it is a safe bet because the author knows teens will eat it up.
3. The characters are all archetypes and gore =/= realism. This is like SAO or other cheap series that try to shock gullable viewers with the cartonishly absurd evil acts of villians to justify lazily written self-justice and make sure their characters are always "the good guys".[/quote]Yeah, I've lost the drive to even take you seriously anymore, yet alone seriosuly respond to this....There's so much fail and blatant hating in this post that all I can do quite frankly is laugh...Good job xD
Jul 6, 2014 1:39 PM

Dec 2013
It was awesome to see that didn't censor the gore too much. 5/5
Jul 6, 2014 1:39 PM

Apr 2009
Tokoya said:
[spoiler]
Nidhoeggr said:

3. The characters are all archetypes and gore =/= realism. This is like SAO or other cheap series that try to shock gullable viewers with the cartonishly absurd evil acts of villians to justify lazily written self-justice and make sure their characters are always "the good guys".
[/spoiler]Yeah, I've lost the drive to even take you seriously anymore, yet alone seriosuly respond to this....There's so much fail and blatant hating in this post all that I can do is laugh...Good job xD[/quote]

No counter arguments then? No justifying plot points? Ok then :P
Jul 6, 2014 1:40 PM

Jan 2013
retepeters said:
episode filled with action and nice animation (i was really satisfied with the blood animation, it felt real, and many shows seem to struggle in this point)
something i just didn't think it was right is that they are supposed to be people who fight for justice, but the big titties girl didn't hesitate to steal all the money from tatsumi... just doesn't feel right

You know, when you cut someone, their blood doesnt shoot out like a geyser.

You know that right?
Jul 6, 2014 1:41 PM

Apr 2013
SolviteSekai said:
retepeters said:

You know that right?
That's not a problem exclusively in this anime. It's an issue in pretty much every horror anime and slasher film I've seen.
Jul 6, 2014 1:41 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
Tokoya said:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]Yeah, I've lost the drive to even take you seriously anymore, yet alone seriosuly respond to this....There's so much fail and blatant hating in this post all that I can do is laugh...Good job xD

No counter arguments then? No justifying plot points? Ok then :P[/quote]Oh I can...And quite easily at that may I mention, but going by the "points" you just mentioned, I can see that doing so would be a lost cause :) No point in dragging this out any further, so good day to you sir ;3
Jul 6, 2014 1:42 PM

Jan 2013
Cupquake said:
SolviteSekai said:

You know that right?
That's not a problem exclusively in this anime. It's an issue in pretty much every horror anime and slasher film I've seen.

Still, he specifically called the blood realistic.

That was the least realistic part.
Jul 6, 2014 1:43 PM

Jun 2013
This is on my list to watch. Seems like its got some good potential. =D
Jul 6, 2014 1:44 PM

Jun 2010
Oh man, I was hoping this series won't get a lot of hate from the start. 15 pages of comments and half of it are nonsense. I mean I know this was hyped much and I know people won't get the hype by its first episode but... I hope the trolls and idiots in this series discussion doesn't reach SAO-level.

Anyways, I was hoping White Fox would tackle the darker tone by removing some of the comedic part right off the bat but I guess their gonna stay faithful to the manga as expected.

I wonder why they introduced Night Raid with Tatsumi right from the beginning. That was a big spoiler. I was pretty disappointed by that.

Glad to see Akame, Mein and Rabac animated. I wish we can see Chelsea animated too. I don't really know how much the adaptation will cover.

I was so happy that there's barely any censorship. Thanks to White Fox I guess.

Poor Sayo... I was surprised when I first saw that.

Pretty good first episode I guess. It wasn't as good as I was expecting but I'm sure White Fox won't disappoint. The real shit isn't even starting yet so... hype!
Jul 6, 2014 1:45 PM

Jan 2013
-MgZ_ said:
Oh man, I was hoping this series won't get a lot of hate from the start. 15 pages of comments and half of it are nonsense. I mean I know this was hyped much and I know people won't get the hype by its first episode but... I hope the trolls and idiots in this series discussion doesn't reach SAO-level.

Anyways, I was hoping White Fox would tackle the darker tone by removing some of the comedic part right off the bat but I guess their gonna stay faithful to the manga as expected.

I wonder why they introduced Night Raid with Tatsumi right from the beginning. That was a big spoiler. I was pretty disappointed by that.

Glad to see Akame, Mein and Rabac animated. I wish we can see Chelsea animated too. I don't really know how much the adaptation will cover.

I was so happy that there's barely any censorship. Thanks to White Fox I guess.

Poor Sayo... I was surprised when I first saw that.

Pretty good first episode I guess. It wasn't as good as I was expecting but I'm sure White Fox won't disappoint. The real shit isn't even starting yet so... hype!

Why do you feel emotionally concerned for a girl character who had all of 20 seconds of screen time.

Nobody mattered. Nothing mattered.

The villains had no motives. The "heroes" are thieves.

This isnt "grey" it is just random bullshit.

Also why are you thanking White Fox? its because of the network it airs on.

It has nothing to do with whitefox.
Jul 6, 2014 1:47 PM

Jan 2013
Thought i was going to really like this but there so much slapstick comedy its distractingannoying.

Needs the comedy label. OST blows. Still a keeper for now.
Jul 6, 2014 1:47 PM

Nov 2013
retepeters said:

They were never people who fought for justice. They fight as part of the revolution movement with the intent of overthrowing the current political system.

On some specific situations they also fought as mercenaries paid to to get revenge over some rich sadists (manga spoiler)
. But in essence they try to survive in a dog eat dog society, while at the same time trying to keep the minimum amount of respect to other people lives.

If the victims are not hurt and can still live to fight another day, then they are doing what they can to survive.
Personal tastes are like peoples behinds, each one has its own,
and only those who wants to find [...] will smell one another.

Jul 6, 2014 1:48 PM
Aug 2012
That was awesome, randomly showed up on the front page of my stream and loved it...
Jul 6, 2014 1:50 PM

Apr 2011
Enjoyed the first episode, though it was kinda a generic setup. Hero runs into team of badasses, fights with one of them, impresses them and then gets recruited.

I kinda suspected from the beginning that Aria was taking in stragglers in order to torture and kill them, but as the episode went on they managed to fool me ... up until they opened up the storehouse, anyway. Even then I thought maybe Aria was innocent, but that got dashed pretty fast by the other guy from his village rushing up to the bars and accusing her. Then she went full-on psycho and started ranting about how country folk were no better than cattle and she had the right to do whatever she wanted with them. +1 to Tatsumi for killing that bitch in sheep's clothing.

"Hey, you're the boobs from earlier!" LOL at the blonde girl's nonplussed reaction to that.

Looks like next episode will feature Tatsumi integrating with the team of assassins and some light comedy. Kinda surprised this show got 2 cours when there's a lot of shows that would've been better served with 24 episodes. Ah well, hopefully they won't be wasted.

Will definitely be watching this season ... so far, I haven't seen a single show that I wanna drop. Summer season is awesome!
Jul 6, 2014 1:52 PM

Jan 2013
Like i said, Mirai Nikki 2014.

Cant wait to see DouchebagChocolat rip into this show.
Jul 6, 2014 1:53 PM

Apr 2012
words fail that was just so good even had some light humor
Jul 6, 2014 1:56 PM
Oct 2010
SolviteSekai said:
Like i said, Mirai Nikki 2014.

This show shares nothing in common with mirai nikki.. what are you even on about?
Jul 6, 2014 1:57 PM

Jul 2013
That was pretty good in my opinion. Solid first episode. I think I'll start reading the manga at sometime soon, since I've had it on my plan to read list all this time.

I'm looking forward to next week. Will we have a death every week? Lol
Jul 6, 2014 1:58 PM
Apr 2013
It was good but 8.3 seems high but I assume it is also the manga readers rating it based off the source material like people did for the strange case in magic school anime thinger
Jul 6, 2014 2:00 PM

Jan 2014
ponygon123 said:
It was good but 8.3 seems high but I assume it is also the manga readers rating it based off the source material like people did for the strange case in magic school anime thinger
The current score doesn't mean anything. How anyone can rate a series by the first ep is odd.
Jul 6, 2014 2:01 PM

Jan 2012
GreenBenjamin said:
ponygon123 said:
The current score doesn't mean anything. How anyone can rate a series by the first ep is odd.
Same way some like call a show crap after one ep clearly
Jul 6, 2014 2:01 PM

Mar 2012
DarkMoonWolf said:
Yukon said:
The pacing was a little fast and as its 24 episodes I hope it doesn't fuck it up SAO style and have a pacing a main reasoning for why it turned out so bad. That being said if it slows down and the story is done right, could be a great anime.

Well, they did fit the whole first chapter ~80 pages in this episode, so that's why it felt fast paced, however I'm hopping the anime will now slow down a couple of notches to present some of the characters backstories.

Ah that makes sense, to be fair I would have known that if I read the manga but I only planned to so not a problem. Thanks for letting me know ^.^.
Jul 6, 2014 2:02 PM
Apr 2013
GreenBenjamin said:
ponygon123 said:

Yeah i know the beginning scores don't mean much but still for first impression I don't think it was that good. I mean the comedy aspect did not make me utter one laugh but I hope and from some comments it won't focus that much on the comedy.
Jul 6, 2014 2:03 PM

Apr 2013
VPedge said:
GreenBenjamin said:
Calling a show crap after one episode is the same as calling it a masterpiece
Jul 6, 2014 2:04 PM

Jun 2014
holy shit , that was one hell of a 1st ep man
Jul 6, 2014 2:05 PM
Apr 2013
It is really funny how gore makes people like shows. I am not immune to this of course though, the power of "edgy" is actually astounding i must say.

Jan 2012
Cupquake said:
VPedge said:
Calling a show crap after one episode is the same as calling it a masterpiece
If you are trying to imply that I am stating that no I'm not lol I've been reading the manga so I more or less(if they change some thing) know what I am getting into AgK is good but no where near masterpiece.

Jul 2013
Faithful to the manga.
Like the adaptation so far.
Akame's "Yep" xD
Music could be a lot better though.

Apr 2008
GreenBenjamin said:
I like jojo. But if you don't think it's episodic you don't read jojo. Starting from part 3 though.

You used episodic as if it was an insult, which is just plain weird.
Jul 6, 2014 2:07 PM

Nov 2013
Heh.. this wasn't too bad. Some transitions were a bit awkward but overall it was entertaining I guess. Comedy was a bit hit or miss though, and the main character is retarded (not really a bad thing, just felt like pointing it out).

Well, not the best way to start off but hopefully it gets better from here on.
3.5/5
Jul 6, 2014 2:07 PM

Jan 2014
Plate said:
GreenBenjamin said:
I like jojo. But if you don't think it's episodic you don't read jojo. Starting from part 3 though.

You used episodic as if it was an insult, which is just plain weird.
i think I'm bring descriptive.
Jul 6, 2014 2:09 PM

May 2009
Nidhoeggr said:

Tokyo Ghoul is seinen.
Jul 6, 2014 2:10 PM
Oct 2010
Wait, why do people believe mirai nikki is trying to be anything but over the top? How is that even trying to be edgy?
Jul 6, 2014 2:11 PM
Apr 2013
Nidhoeggr said:

I do agree edgy is being overused and is over loved. I can think of a few examples that I liked an anime/manga for the gore and then when I look back it wasn't actually that good and i drop the score.
Jul 6, 2014 2:12 PM

Jan 2014
Premise generic as fuck.
Right off the bat "lol people are bad".
You're not supposed to blatantly say it before the entire show's very first minute mark for fuck's sake. Use storytelling to do it.
Mostly chicks trying to be badass centered by, of course the cliche guy (I think the sole reason these types of female chicks exist is because of the author wanting to send some twisted fuck you to characters like Sakura)

Good: imperial city actually looks big. Ending, while trying too hard, just like saint seiya, is still better than the generic premise.
But what fucking ruined it is how cheaply they went around it. People we don't care about got killed in first episode? Let's further kill the attachment by cutting off with going happy go lucky in such a shonen-like manner.
Also, you don't fucking kill a hot sadist chick right away. You don't.

Overall impression: Edgy Fairy Tail.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2014 2:14 PM

Jan 2012
Nothing less than expected from white fox animating the first chapter entire chapter which is the longest one in the manga series. Looking forward to seeing more.
Live, Laugh, Love.

Pages (25) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uff...those continuous deaths

S1H2A3N - Mar 17

2 by Shizuna »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1370 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 7:05 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

982 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2014

418 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 6:26 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2014

819 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 6:06 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.