Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 30, 2014 10:02 PM

Dec 2013
Grandma of Tokaku... fuck you!

Isuke is died? What?

Haru........

Badass episode.
May 31, 2014 12:25 AM

Dec 2011
Can't wait for next week's episode.
The only way I see this show getting compared to the anime adaptation of Dangan Ronpa, is that with such a large cast, most of it goes underdeveloped (unless you're a character that manages to stay alive for so long)

Overall a good ep. Isuke being a badass. But then, Tokaku out-badassing her, lol.
Interested to see how Nio and Hanabusa will act. Definitely felt bad for how Banba's past was, no wonder she got that split-personality stuff.
May 31, 2014 12:25 AM

Oct 2010
I remember reading about those types of tattoos before. Usually, higher ranking yakuza members would have full body tattoos on them .
"People die when they are killed" - Emiya Shirou
May 31, 2014 12:38 AM

Jan 2011
Is it just me or..

Isuke is barely even trying to kill Haru at all?

That scene where she held Haru by the collar and seems like Haru was "suppose" to choke to death just like that?

Didn't seem like she was suppose to choke by the way Isuke held her with one hand and barely even touching her neck.

I think it would make more sense if she actually grabbed haru by the neck and choking her that would be more believable just saying @.@

May 31, 2014 12:42 AM

Mar 2014
Tokaku-san -> Tokaku
I really love this moment that Haru was calling Tokaku's name without the honorific suffix.
I was impressed by that development of their relationship.
May 31, 2014 2:46 AM
May 2014
Loved it, really been enjoying this anime

Isuke wasn't dead there was no need for her hands to be tied if she was dead, Tokaku just put her to sleep.

This episode really gets bonus points from me cause of the little Tokaku x Haru moment at the end, this is after all considered a Yuri anime.
May 31, 2014 2:46 AM

Mar 2013
This episode had the most illogical bullshit of the show so far. You push a girl out of a, what, second or third storey window onto glass and she not only lives but just walks off like nothing fucking happened...? What exactly is the curse of this Azuma clan, being made out of fucking diamond? Even Michael Myers doesn't bounce back that fast.
May 31, 2014 5:41 AM

Feb 2012
So did Isuke die? Shame, she was badass.
The Azuma background story felt so cheesy, but well...
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
May 31, 2014 6:36 AM

Jan 2014
Intense episode!
I thought that Haru would be able to do something other than running, if she heard that Tokaku were dead or something but I was wrong. Fortunately she was quite good a at avoiding Baba with various objects. I guess Inukai died (or fainted) but what about Baba? she got thrown into some chairs, but that shouldn't be able to kill her. Should we just assume that because of the light which reminded her of the past, she happened to be paralysed and not able to attack again within the limited time?
May 31, 2014 6:51 AM
Apr 2014
This ep is so intense :D those past though.
The yuri level on this ep was so cuuteeee :D they finally called each other by their first name.
May 31, 2014 9:29 AM

May 2012
Nio body look scary. At first I thought those were scars, but I think those might be just tatoos.

I just can't wait to see Nio in action. She looks like badass, and I like her smile.
May 31, 2014 12:44 PM

Apr 2013
Now that the show's gotten past the whole "assassin of the week" formula and allowed the story to breathe it's actually become much better. The pacing allowed for some nice moments and a chance to actually show some of the story's potential. I hope the quality keeps up from here.
May 31, 2014 12:45 PM

Jul 2013
I swear the assassins in this anime just never stopped pissing me off with their illogical actions and ridiculous choice of weapons.

I mean fuck, do these girls even want to kill Haru? it's almost like they picked these girls from a psychiatric institution and told them to write about their past. Imagine how funny the selection process was, the principal simply looked at every resume she got and picked whichever girls made her cry the most.

Isuke had two fucking knifes when fighting Tokaku ffs and she chose to strangle Haru instead of oh you know, CUT her neck? Banba so unrealistically keep waving a huge fucking hammer that not only slowed her down but also made it difficult for her to hit Haru.

Oh well at least it's almost Nio's turn soon.. she's the only reason I'm still sticking with this shit
May 31, 2014 1:24 PM

Mar 2009
MoeGod said:
I swear the assassins in this anime just never stopped pissing me off with their illogical actions and ridiculous choice of weapons.

I mean fuck, do these girls even want to kill Haru? it's almost like they picked these girls from a psychiatric institution and told them to write about their past. Imagine how funny the selection process was, the principal simply looked at every resume she got and picked whichever girls made her cry the most.

Isuke had two fucking knifes when fighting Tokaku ffs and she chose to strangle Haru instead of oh you know, CUT her neck? Banba so unrealistically keep waving a huge fucking hammer that not only slowed her down but also made it difficult for her to hit Haru.

Oh well at least it's almost Nio's turn soon.. she's the only reason I'm still sticking with this shit

as kaiba said in the first episode, we didnt picked the best one(s), we picked the most stupid one(s)! :D i think they made black class just for lulz.
May 31, 2014 1:52 PM

Jul 2010
Definitely a good episode.Loved ED, and Bamba is absolutely awesome.Can't say same about Isuke tho, i just dislike her.
Ojou-sama's turn? i want to know more about Kaiba and everything as well, kinda can't wait.
May 31, 2014 9:03 PM
Jan 2010
loved the fight scenes and also the part were Shinya called someone in there smash, someone in

smash last door supply room badoom in your nose bitch i loled so hard man.
DarkvoidMay 31, 2014 9:27 PM

May 31, 2014 11:59 PM

Dec 2010
I'm positive that Iuske was killed, but I'm not so sure about Banba...Anyway, this was a pretty action packed episode! Plus, we got some flashbacks for both Banba and Tokaku although, I feel like the majority of Banba's flashbacks were more implied than outright stated what her problems were.

Anyway, I liked Banba and its sad to see her finally go, but we lost two assassins in this episode. That just leaves Hanabusa, and Nio, I wonder what they will do for these last 4 episodes? Also, Nio's tattoos explain why Takechi freaked out back in episode 3...
Jun 1, 2014 1:09 AM

Dec 2013
2 Assassins left, 4 episodes remaining, all that time, what are we going to do about it?

This episode was a bit disappointing though. You fly out a window from the 3rd or 4th floor, crash land on a tree, and yet there are no shards of glass anywhere, and she isn't even all that injured, even though she passed out on impact? Say what??? You would expect her to have some glass sticking out of her back or something right?

Unless someone magically did a David Copperfield with the glass, I call bullshit.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 1, 2014 11:49 AM

Mar 2014
Awesome episode. Apart from Inukai's and Banba's defeat( i would like some more of Banba's past like going berserk ) what stood out was ofc Nio. I guess those are no tattoos, wonder if she ripped her skin off herself. Hope to stand up to my expectations considering her bloodlust. 4/5
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
Jun 2, 2014 4:28 AM

Aug 2008
I thought Nio was the female titan from Attack on Titan at first before they showed her hair during the shower scene LOL....
Jun 2, 2014 7:24 AM

Apr 2012
Mahiru/Shinya didn't die. D:
Jun 2, 2014 2:44 PM

Jan 2013
That ban hammer.

Well those scars got quite a lot on her just like Nio's. I wonder what her story is. As of Bamba... that's a fucked up past she had, no wonders for what she has done.
Jun 2, 2014 4:51 PM

Sep 2013
Just finished this episode and it was quite entertaining (I know it was stupid as hell) and we finally got to see how Tokaku and Haru feel for one another - well more or less. After this episode I liked this show a whole lot more, especially the pool episode left a bad taste in my mouth. This show could be a lot better but in the end it just feels kinda cheesy, I don't know. But at least it's entertaining without me realizing all its flaws right off the bat and them automatically pulling down my enjoyment like some other shows (this season)...

The animation also looks quite good. I like the characters facial expressions, even though a bit exaggerated sometimes they always catch the mood of the characters perfectly in my opinion and come off as believable. The soundtrack also stands out and is easily my favorite out of the stuff I watch this season because it's easily the most outstanding of the bunch. The OST is nothing outbreaking per se but especially compared to the rest of the stuff I watch this season in which the OST is barely really notiveable to me, Akuma no Riddle's OST is easily the best in my opinion. It makes the rather "okay" action scenes a lot more engaging and thrilling.

In terms of characters... I like Sayaka and Madoka; they are alright. The rest of the cast is... decent I guess. They do their job but sadly nothing more than that and are completely forgettable. Besides the two main leads I don't know any of their names and that's just saaaad. They are mostly just crazy 1-dimensional lesbians. I also don't like the info dumps during the half-time of the episodes but I guess that was the only way to bring in these crucial information into the tight 20 minute time span.

People tend to compare this show a lot to Mirai Nikki or Deadman Wonderland and to be honest I can see where they are coming from. But overall I'd say that Akuma no Riddle is my favorite of them, followed by Mirai Nikki and at the last spot that can burn in hell is this piece of shit which calls itself Deadman Wonderland.

Overall this show is okay up until this point. I'm looking forward to the end and I hope something can surprise me as this is an entertaining but rather brainless watch. I'll give it a fair 6/10 so far and yes I know how this show and its premise is ridiculous as hell.
nightwalkJun 2, 2014 4:55 PM
Time is money, but money won't turn back the clock.
Jun 2, 2014 7:09 PM

Mar 2014
Dem tattoos •_•
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
Jun 4, 2014 8:09 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode. They should have explained how Azuma survived the fall.
Would be nice to end killing the final girl.
Jun 6, 2014 11:35 AM

Oct 2013
I fucking loved the sound of banba dragging that mallet on the ground(dat door XD)
we got a little feels trip there in the second half
one word Brutal
dem tats
[/quote]
Jun 6, 2014 1:30 PM

Jul 2013
nice to have a bit more of backstory from tokaku
inukai was my favourite, though ;(
Jun 7, 2014 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

How I wanted to give it full marks, but some points I have just gone to genius, and certain flashbacks could be the most intriguing.
The action was good, but I expected a lot more.
Too bad that the series will be relieved only now, unfortunately, the narrative structure has remained almost the same.
I did not understand if Banba and Isuke have died.
Sheesh! Leave them there and do not see how they are do not find it logical for Haru, bah!
Drawings and animations too good, too bad the rest does not come to equal him.

Nice ending !
Jun 8, 2014 6:59 PM

Nov 2011
That was awesome, loved the action in this ep!
Inukai was my favorite
Jun 12, 2014 8:09 PM

Nov 2012
Well they patched up the reason why Tokaku wasn't able to kill anyone. Now it makes sense. The fact that these girls are called assassins is just pathetic.
Jun 18, 2014 4:55 PM
Sep 2009
While I love the characters, this show is WAY too hero friendly. There have been thousands of situations where Haru could be killed but no, assassins just had to be weird about it.

And despite falling from such height, Tokaku doesn't even seem to be hurt. Like WTF?

Well plus points to Isuke, she got the closest to success so far. Hope she is still alive. Otherwise why tie her up?

If not these moments of retardness and better character development, this could be an amazing show! But like that it is pretty average =/
Jun 19, 2014 7:56 AM

Mar 2014
Average episode but it had lot of action. I really like the fact that no one woke up by hearing Banba slashing everything with the hammer(?!)

Also, I have a big question many episodes now: These girls get beaten up and then they are left unconscious. Also, the two girls in the performance of Romeo and Juliet died on stage. How can no one in the school take notice of this?
Jun 20, 2014 4:01 AM

Mar 2009
danae17 said:
Average episode but it had lot of action. I really like the fact that no one woke up by hearing Banba slashing everything with the hammer(?!)

Also, I have a big question many episodes now: These girls get beaten up and then they are left unconscious. Also, the two girls in the performance of Romeo and Juliet died on stage. How can no one in the school take notice of this?

1.i think after those girls pass out, hanabusa comes and idk maybe prevent them from making another move or maybe girls just give up after...
2. the audience probaby thought it was a very realistic performance

of course nobody woke up, didnt they fight in the school in the night? and their dorm is probably at a different place from other students'.
reira93Jun 20, 2014 4:07 AM
Jun 20, 2014 4:43 AM

Mar 2014
reira93 said:
danae17 said:

1.i think after those girls pass out, hanabusa comes and idk maybe prevent them from making another move or maybe girls just give up after...
2. the audience probaby thought it was a very realistic performance

of course nobody woke up, didnt they fight in the school in the night? and their dorm is probably at a different place from other students'.

That may be true for all the three cases, but it just seems to me that they have to cover these better and with more convincing ways. Thanks for the answers though!
Jun 24, 2014 5:31 AM

Dec 2011
Aw... I guess that her mother is watching her from that shrine T.T

Lol, that sledgehammer...

LOL, get owned by a phone Banba!

Run Haru ruuuuun!

Tokaku getting owned as always, nothing new here >.>

Awww, a touching moment T.T

Damn, Haru's getting crushed...

So Tokaku's "limiter" is off now and she can kill people if she chooses to.

I guess those are tattoos Nio has lol.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jun 24, 2014 2:22 PM

Jan 2012
banba was a pretty crazy character, her back story was rather tragic.. horrible actually felt a little miniscule of sorry for her when the projector came on and she was just screaming..... but that sledgehammer was rather disturbing D: D: aha!

nice to see an episode go into two rather than just one, this actually felt a little 'last episode' but the second half of this show has vastly improved for me!
Jul 5, 2014 11:19 AM
Sep 2013
the look when she said She can kill was really good. Nice ending and now we know why she couldn't kill.
Jul 6, 2014 4:12 PM

Feb 2011
HOOOORRRIBL E COMPUTER EFFECT
Jul 6, 2014 6:46 PM

Feb 2011
nice ed song btw!!
Jul 10, 2014 12:04 AM

Feb 2014
I think she didn't killed Inukai (i'm practically sure of it)... She only made Inukai become unconscious ... besides, Haru was seeing everything, and i doubt that Azuma would have killed someone in front of her...

Banba as always crazy and great with her borderline personality and appearance.

Man, and that "tiger" strips/tattoo/scars on Nio's body..?! so crazy/insane but at the same time beautiful and different...

As always, a perfect end that fit in all ways (lyrics, scenes and etc) the "selected assassin", this time with Inukai.

Great episode. 5/5
Jul 11, 2014 10:16 AM

Apr 2011
I thought Haru's scars were bad enough, until I saw Nio's. They look like tiger stripes.
Aug 9, 2014 4:36 PM

Jan 2011
And still nobody died?
Pretty disappointing so far, pretty cliché.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Nov 9, 2014 11:01 PM

May 2012
0027 MILF

1124 noooo

1716 how's she still alive

6/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Nov 25, 2014 3:07 PM

May 2012
Quite nice episode tbh, let's see who's the next assasin!
Jan 18, 2015 8:58 PM

Apr 2012
How in the world did Tokaku get up and running (not to mention fighting) after falling from such a height AND landing on her back? Shouldn't she have broken her back or something...

If you disregard that it was a pretty good episode though. Nio is rapidly becoming my favorite Class Black student, especially after those last seconds in the shower.
Feb 17, 2015 5:58 AM

Feb 2015
25 minute of badassery. The action was super intense and very well paced. My only issue is with the electric shock boots out of nowhere but whaddayagonnado eh?

That full body tattoo on Nio was quite bitchin'.

Very intrested to see how this one wraps up. Azuma vs Nio should be a ***** classic!
Sep 24, 2015 11:30 AM

Aug 2014
Finally Haru showed some emotion and some guts.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Aug 7, 2016 4:17 PM

May 2008
Yup, first time seeing a boot taser! Nice gadget lol.
Oct 5, 2016 10:07 AM

Mar 2015
Tokaku mother is such a babe <3

Lot of actions but it was not good enough.

Nio is deadly D:

ED Song: 4.3/5
ED Animation: 3.3/5

3.4/5
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

372 by x_scolopendra_x »»
Sep 16, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

135 by x_scolopendra_x »»
Sep 16, 7:52 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2014

126 by x_scolopendra_x »»
Sep 16, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

100 by x_scolopendra_x »»
Sep 13, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 15, 2014

117 by x_scolopendra_x »»
Sep 12, 11:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.