Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 31, 2014 2:57 AM

Aug 2013
Kurogashi said:

or maybe she had to do naughty things for producer-san. ;D

It's the producer fault..

BTW.., Kurumi mocking Miku is so epic..
May 31, 2014 3:35 AM

Dec 2013
Pretty good episode, kurumi is as great as ever!
The first requirement of being a hero isn't being right.It's being strong.That's why the hero always wins.

Maloween candies:

X11
May 31, 2014 4:44 AM

May 2010
Kurumi, why you gotta be so awesome? We need better budget just to give better animation to the best girl!

But still the line of day goes to Maji Hikuu wa girl cuz she said it TWICE today. "Maji hikuu wa... Maji hikuu wa..." I was touched.

Finally Shido has a sword! Man, this episode was awesome.

10/10

EDIT - Now that I have read Kurumi's character bio, I love her so much that I can safely add her in my top 10 character list. She is one heck of a character.
May 31, 2014 5:16 AM

Jan 2014
Kurumi made this episode, no this season! She was quite sexy in this one.
May 31, 2014 8:08 AM
Jul 2018
Shido needs to stop repeating names
May 31, 2014 8:09 AM

Jul 2012
Shido really is going hard in order to save Tohka.

Great episode!!!
May 31, 2014 8:48 AM

Mar 2014
Shame the previous episodes didn't seem to receive the same budget this one did. I guess the animators figured "Eh, Kurumi is popular, let's spend 90% of our budget on her and screw the rest".

That said, well played. The plot actually feels serious now, instead of unbalanced like previous episodes this season(which, to me, didn't really hit the balance of comedy and seriousness that the first season did). I wish they'd explained exactly why Kurumi is helping Shido now(and yes, I know it was explained in the LN); it's been established that Kurumi just wants the Spirit power Shido has sealed inside him, so why not just eat him now and screw the rest? Time travel would fix the rest, except for the fact that Shido would still be very dead...or would he? Such paradoxes...

Fight scenes were good. Nice Zerg rush diversion by Kurumi there; nothing like infinite numbers of a psychotic Spirit rushing at you to get your attention. Same with using the City of Devouring Time on low power to stop Miku's own Zerg rush as well, and rather surprising that Kurumi didn't just slaughter them all(which ties back into not explaining why the hell she's helping Shido out instead of just, y'know, stuffing her face with his powers).

Miku was her typical bitchy self this episode. Her twin plot bombs can't distract from the fact that she's an utter bitch that currently lacks any redeeming qualities. Nothing else to say about that.
May 31, 2014 9:49 AM

Mar 2014
I'm still not satisfied with this season, maybe it's not my thing anymore. Love Kurumi though.
May 31, 2014 11:23 AM
Feb 2013
FireKiller87 said:
Shame the previous episodes didn't seem to receive the same budget this one did. I guess the animators figured "Eh, Kurumi is popular, let's spend 90% of our budget on her and screw the rest".

That said, well played. The plot actually feels serious now, instead of unbalanced like previous episodes this season(which, to me, didn't really hit the balance of comedy and seriousness that the first season did). I wish they'd explained exactly why Kurumi is helping Shido now(and yes, I know it was explained in the LN); it's been established that Kurumi just wants the Spirit power Shido has sealed inside him, so why not just eat him now and screw the rest? Time travel would fix the rest, except for the fact that Shido would still be very dead...or would he? Such paradoxes...

Fight scenes were good. Nice Zerg rush diversion by Kurumi there; nothing like infinite numbers of a psychotic Spirit rushing at you to get your attention. Same with using the City of Devouring Time on low power to stop Miku's own Zerg rush as well, and rather surprising that Kurumi didn't just slaughter them all(which ties back into not explaining why the hell she's helping Shido out instead of just, y'know, stuffing her face with his powers).

Miku was her typical bitchy self this episode. Her twin plot bombs can't distract from the fact that she's an utter bitch that currently lacks any redeeming qualities. Nothing else to say about that.

If you really are curious about Kurumi's purpose in not just eating Shido right now, look at her character bio, then look at the second spoiler under Background, that more or less shows her goal during the Miku arc. Though it'll probably be revealed later in the anime, your choice.
May 31, 2014 11:42 AM

Aug 2008
Oh yes,Kurumi in action. More Kurumi action scene please. Kurumi taking on the entire DEM herself.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
May 31, 2014 12:39 PM

Dec 2013
It's about time you fire your gun at kurumi, shido..
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
May 31, 2014 3:43 PM

Sep 2011
Kurumi makes this show more enjoyable. Other than that, it was an okay ep.
May 31, 2014 4:57 PM

Nov 2012
Another good episode. Good to see an episode with a lot of Kurumi in it aswell. Well, Kurumi makes any episode 100% better!
'Once an Arsenal man, always an Arsenal man.' - Bob Wilson.

May 31, 2014 7:00 PM

Aug 2010
So much Kurumi this episode. She really stole this episode. Loved the part where Shido patted her head. And damn her tongue is too damn seductive. Hopefully this isn't the end of Kurumi for this arc.

I'm guessing next episode we'll get dark Tohka and in the final episode Shido will end up sealing her and Miku as well.
May 31, 2014 8:55 PM

Jan 2014
wow only 2 episodes left, not much has really happened...
Wanna listen to some good OP/ED songs? Head over to my profile!
May 31, 2014 9:25 PM

Aug 2013
Action packed episode. That's great.

Shido, don't you know you have to not remove rhe knife or it will create a bleeding?

Kurumi being such a funky girl again. Her power is so intriguing, I still can't figure it out :P

Well, I guess Shido will ''die'' in front of Tohka and she'll go berserk, hence the other look of her in the ED.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 31, 2014 10:45 PM

Apr 2011
Kurumi should just go on a noob pubstomping spree.
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
May 31, 2014 11:59 PM

Dec 2013
This episode was great fun. I'm a little upset that there are only two more episodes left.....

Hoping they make a third season and soon.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 1, 2014 2:08 AM

Feb 2014
I finally started to like Kurumi.
Hope for saving Tohka.
It's already 8th episode from 10. I hope, there'll be third season.

Depend on preview, next episode is going to be something about Miku's past. I don't hate her, but actually don't like her, either. She's annoying and arrogant.
YamireiJun 1, 2014 2:11 AM
My favourite color is blue.

Jun 1, 2014 11:03 AM

Mar 2014
Great episode. I hope it keeps like that or get even better if possible. 4/5
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
Jun 1, 2014 11:13 AM

Mar 2014
Kutsumiku said:

It's already 8th episode from 10. I hope, there'll be third season.

Actually, there are a lot of anime that worth sequeling and more that need anime adaption. 2 seasons of Date a Live are enough, anyone can follow the LN. Frankly, im gonna be surprised if this sells well....
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
Jun 2, 2014 3:15 AM

Jan 2013
Miku being a bitch as always. I loved the badass Shido part where he gets the sword and stuff :D
I hope he can use all the spirit powers, since they showed him using Kotori's healing.

a_cloud said:
Actually, there are a lot of anime that worth sequeling and more that need anime adaption.

Anyone can hope for new seasons on anime they like. I personally don't care if things are worth sequelling more, because I enjoy this anime and it would be awesome if it had a third season. Light Novels are less enjoyable for me because I like the animated scenes.
HonumaelJun 2, 2014 3:19 AM
Jun 3, 2014 1:26 AM

Oct 2013
yeah more Kurumi
Shido saving all the bitches
nice ep and is harem is about to grow some more <3
[/quote]
Jun 3, 2014 4:37 AM
Feb 2014
I think we finally found a character that is crazier than Yuno...
Jun 4, 2014 12:46 AM

Sep 2012
Animes really need to calm down with the name yelling sometimes. Near the end of the episode Shido yells out Touka three times, then like literally 10 seconds later, he yells her name three times again. Christ, we get it already, chill out with your vocal cords.

Other then that, <3 Kurumi. Fuck Miku. $5 she has a really stupid reason to hate humans too. She's probably one of the top worst characters this season for me.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Jun 4, 2014 1:24 AM

Mar 2014
Kurumi was awesome this episode! And I'm digging the character development from Shido. The fact hes going straight in ready for a fight really excites me! :D
Jun 4, 2014 8:24 PM

Jan 2013
Mhmm nice climax.
Jun 5, 2014 1:31 AM

Mar 2013
Damn this was a good episode. All this Kurumi action just made this my favorite episode.
Jun 6, 2014 12:59 PM
Mar 2014
Gets stabbed

No sells it

Forgot about regeneration though, ruins the fun
Jun 6, 2014 3:51 PM
Mar 2014
kurumi will always be my favorite hyna
Jun 7, 2014 3:56 PM

Feb 2013
Great episode. So many Kurumi. @_@
Jun 8, 2014 2:22 AM

Jan 2008
Not sure which annoyes me the most; either the audacity of calling your archnemesis Deus Ex Machina or... Now that I think about it, most of this show in general.
Either way I lose.
Dem clubcards are big..

http://ilyasviel.mybrute.com
Jun 8, 2014 10:45 AM

Mar 2014
Kurumi getting in action is the best but I know notice that they their animation quality has dropped even in the previous episode, I wish they would fix that !!
Jun 10, 2014 2:57 PM

Apr 2012
yay Kurumi got 2 shine :)
Jun 12, 2014 4:46 AM

Jan 2013
Wb Kurumi :D.
Jun 13, 2014 12:32 AM
Mar 2013
Disregarding the fact that Shido yelled Tohka's name about 20 times this was a good episode. I found the part where Shido and Kotori were arguing kind of cute. It's nice to see them back to normal.

I think this is the second time Shido has managed to summon Tohka's sword. I said it before but I'll say it again, he really looks like a BA when he holds that sword. Looking forward to the finale.
Jun 13, 2014 5:01 AM

Jan 2013
OMG This episode was truly amazing.WOOOW
Kurumi helped a lot Shido,if wasn't her he would never reach where he is now.Finally Miku is starting to think with her egoistic head,and now she is realizing that all humans are different and that there is someone who would give his life to save someones life,so she will help him :D And i thought that Miku was the 1st enemy of Shido,now i see that i was wrong,his 1st enemy is DEM.That bastard is planning to take Tohka powers :(
I'm glad that Kotori is back (loved her face when she said that it was unintended that she wanted to kill him,her sad face said everything,she won't kill him even if someone say her to do that) :D And Mana is back too,finally she is fighting xD
Shido invoked again "Sandalon" and now he will save Tohka <3 But he is seriously injured :(
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 18, 2014 5:19 PM

Sep 2011
When you hear the Kurumi theme playing in the background you know shits about to go down!
Jun 21, 2014 1:01 AM

Nov 2012
More of Kurumi goodness scenes. I hope the anime explains to us how Shido was able to attain Spirit-like powers.
Jun 24, 2014 4:59 PM

Jan 2011
I'm surprised by the amount of story in this. ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ
Somehow I always enjoy this show, good shit.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 1, 2014 4:00 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Cute as a whole the episode.
Start up the pathos, albeit slightly, in respect of the narrative.
Plot all in all not so cowardly, the villains are pretty grim.
Drawings and animations are still too scarce, this is the real worry of the anime series.
Jul 2, 2014 1:29 PM

Jul 2013
I was hoping Shidou would use some of the other spirit's powers. I wonder if he's able to transform Sandalphon into Halvanhelev?
Jul 11, 2014 5:17 PM

Aug 2009
love dem kurumi moments

well, time for more badass moments
Jul 16, 2014 6:07 AM
May 2012
Oh Kurumi, you and your voice <3 Her clock thingy is really freakin' awesome!!
That Westcott dude is an ass. He is annoying =_=
Wait, so the girls still knows those stuffs even though they are being controlled by Miku?? Dafuq....
Miku hates males.....so, her past can be "that" or "that", or maybe not.....I hope not.
Sandalphon is pretty badass. Shido, you are pretty cool....but you should stop saying "Tohka" like bazillion times =_=
Jul 26, 2014 9:38 AM

Oct 2012
UnbornMVs said:
Not sure why but I'm not fond of this season at all !
The first 3-4 episodes were pure fanservice ones and the following ones we got this weird arc with Miku which i hate it.
Guess they just milked Date A Live with this one .. still better than nothing I guess.

I have the same feeling. Not to mention whole arc going around DEM is pretty lame. First season was definitely better even in characterization.
Jul 31, 2014 9:24 AM

Dec 2013
Ehh. I hoped there would be another arc after this, without this Mikushit.
Nice ep, I'm starting to like Kurumi.
Aug 8, 2014 8:49 AM

Aug 2013
Got to love Kurumi <333
Sep 3, 2014 10:36 PM

Jul 2013
Mana is just being an annoying bitch.. what did Kurumi did to her to receive this kind of hate? It's seems personal. hell.. so what? she just hate spirits because it's her job to kill them? there's got to be a reason.

Shidou is being lame again with all his yelling.. "Tohka!..Tohka! TOHKA!" it's fucking annoying.
Nov 1, 2014 3:16 PM

May 2012
Pretty damn lovely development and action! Really looking forward to see what the last two episodes will offer us!
Nov 17, 2014 11:36 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Kurumi's taking over the city. That's outstanding.

Miku has the be the most annoying character thus far and her arc isn't over yet. It went from trying to do the usual stuff with other spirits, seal their powers, and now it's saving Tohka. Here I thought she'd get 2 episode arc and leave the rest to Kurumi. Well looks like that will be on hold for now.

Well, Kurumi is by far stronger than Miku. She's all over the place lol.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

170 by winddevil1 »»
Jun 15, 7:19 AM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2014

258 by DNLLWins »»
Jun 9, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

127 by Plat0001 »»
Jun 5, 4:59 AM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2014

246 by yamistan »»
May 15, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

0 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 2:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.