Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 8, 2014 10:12 PM
Feb 2013
Woooo, Akira just got owned, and it looks like she gonna be owned again co'z it look like that she just challenges Iona.

Geez, Ruko should under stand that since she has no wish is has nothing to lose.
May 8, 2014 11:18 PM

Sep 2011
So Akira just dug her own grave. LOL
pew pew pew
May 9, 2014 12:56 AM

Mar 2014
Tama so OP lol. I actually felt a little bad for Akira this episode. I mean she totally deserved what happened to her but still.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
May 9, 2014 2:13 AM

Dec 2012
this anime really knows how to annoy the hell out of you, but i mean it in a way that lets you want to watch more...loving the dark vibes this gives and it keeps getting darker... :)

don't worry, i know IMG tags are turned off...i'm just lazy to change my sig... xD
May 9, 2014 2:17 AM

May 2014
Tulicloure said:
AlexTheRiot said:
This battle confirmed why Akira actually isn't very good, it's because she has no dynamic with Piriluk. It seemed like they meshed before when things were going good, but as soon as Ruko started breaking her down Akira began showing her shitty attitude toward Piriluk.

Speaking of which, don't you guys think Iora matches Piruluk's personality (cold, quiet, apathetic) more than her own LRIG's, while Akira matches Urisu's (sadistic, annoying, bitchy)? It seems to me like they're switched or something.

not to mention that Iona can also see other people's wishes (proof: when she told Ruuko that she had no wishes just after looking at her) ... you might be on to somthing here
May 9, 2014 2:32 AM

Jul 2012
ichii_1 said:
Yeah it's darker but R 17+ dark? no.
Judging from Hitoe's moments it seems like she wants to kill herself since that would be better than living like that, now that would be 17+ and sad as f***.

And also edgy as fuck. So please no need for that. I don't want this show to become a teenager show.

ichii_1 said:
And I do want a Madoka ending :( Hitoe with her friends again (if she doesn't kill herself) and Yuzuki's reverse wish (you know it's gonna happen)

Why the fuck would you want one? Then everything that happened in the show was meaningless! If all the suffering "never happened" then why was it ever tragic. The whole idea about tragedy is that it will last forever but people get over it. Hitoe will maybe kill herself and that is horrible, but reversing her death would mean that the show tricked us in believing it is bad.
If you know "everything is gonna get reverted" then nothing matters, nothing is sad or tragic.

Also reverse endings make mature anime into shitty baby anime, because in real life you cant revert anything, thus have to deal with the consequences.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
May 9, 2014 3:09 AM

May 2013
It gets more darker than I expect.

Well, I was about to celebrate when Akira got lose to Ruko but her line was a buthurting one. The new Selector was cute tho. Wish that Iona will lose next week.
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 9, 2014 4:26 AM

Aug 2009
Orsonius said:
ichii_1 said:
Judging from Hitoe's moments it seems like she wants to kill herself since that would be better than living like that, now that would be 17+ and sad as f***.

And also edgy as fuck. So please no need for that. I don't want this show to become a teenager show.

Since when both depression and suicide are "a teenager shows"? (the fact all of them are teenagers aside i guess) There's a LOT of people who struggle everyday with misery, but, well, it can get better. Hitoe's life kinda cannot, so I wouldn't be surprised, be it now or sometime in the future.
May 9, 2014 4:34 AM

Jul 2012
fanshii said:
Orsonius said:
ichii_1 said:

Since when both depression and suicide are "a teenager shows"? (the fact all of them are teenagers aside i guess) There's a LOT of people who struggle everyday with misery, but, well, it can get better. Hitoe's life kinda cannot, so I wouldn't be surprised, be it now or sometime in the future.

It always depends on the way they execute it.
Teenager shows = shows that manly appeal to 14-19 year olds.

I'm 25 I don't need "suicide and depression" in my show for it to be mature. It is the same logic people apply when they play video games with gore in it and think they are adults now.
Fact is maturity =/= violence, death and sex.

Maturity is to deal with problems which kids and teenagers don't deal, like real life problems. Love, relationships, fulfilling your life etc. Maturing as a person.

Suicide isn't mature, it is at best tragic.
And if they add suicide it will not really enhance the show. I think her fate is bad as it is. To wish for more edgy things isn't really a way to make the show better, just focus on more melodrama.
May 9, 2014 4:36 AM

Apr 2012
Orsonius said:
Redraft said:
Orsonius said:
why not wish your life to become shit, willfully lose 3 times and enjoy best life?

If they could change/make wishes that easily, Ruko wouldn't have a problem having a wish and Yuzuki wouldn't be in such of a crisis right now. Same goes for Akira.
These wishes are the ones they really want, before even becoming a Selector, such as Hitoe wanting friends and Yuzuki longing for Kazuki. So I guess it's already set or something?

Although they could just be densely retarded and actually didn't think of that, but we wouldn't want that kind of plot, would we?

Well there are 2 mysteries here.

1) How do negative wishes like Akiras work if they are tainted?
2) Are wishes fixed?

For 1. We only have seen a postive wish become tainted.
I want friends became to. I can never have friends.

AkiLucky wishes
I want Ionas life to be shit. And it could become to. Ionas life becomes awesome.
Or Akiras life becomes shit instead.

Now 2)
I bet or well maybe just think Ruuko will end up having a wish at some point, so the state of your wish might change.

I think making Iona's life amazing is enough to make Akira's life shit, hahaha.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

May 9, 2014 4:55 AM

Aug 2009
Orsonius said:
fanshii said:
Orsonius said:
ichii_1 said:

It always depends on the way they execute it.
Teenager shows = shows that manly appeal to 14-19 year olds.

I'm 25 I don't need "suicide and depression" in my show for it to be mature. It is the same logic people apply when they play video games with gore in it and think they are adults now.
Fact is maturity =/= violence, death and sex.

Maturity is to deal with problems which kids and teenagers don't deal, like real life problems. Love, relationships, fulfilling your life etc. Maturing as a person.

Suicide isn't mature, it is at best tragic.
And if they add suicide it will not really enhance the show. I think her fate is bad as it is. To wish for more edgy things isn't really a way to make the show better, just focus on more melodrama.

Of course maturity =/= all that stuff(it's indeed hard to find a game that really is mature), but, again, I simply wouldn't be surprised. If her fate is so bad, it would only seem logical to her to want not to suffer it for so long, especially since she's a teenager.

I personally don't think adding suicide would really do anything bad nor good to the show. I'm not sure, but it doesn't really seem like it's as edgy subject like it is in Europe(America too maybe?). I don't specifically wish for it, but if it happened, it would only be understandable.

I suppose it's just we have different views on it
fanshiiMay 9, 2014 5:02 AM
May 9, 2014 5:11 AM

Jul 2012
I just hope they progress the plot and don't focus too much on the whole depression thing. I like depressive anime, but this one here has enough plot and mysteries that I rather want those to be solved than to see how an already melodramatic character also kills herself.
May 9, 2014 5:15 AM
May 2014
fanshii said:
I personally don't think adding suicide would really do anything bad nor good to the show. I'm not sure, but it doesn't really seem like it's as edgy subject like it is in Europe(America too maybe?). I don't specifically wish for it, but if it happened, it would only be understandable.
If it happens I think its going to be used as a trigger for ...something...

I mean, it wouldn't be too unexpected if something like that caused one or more to change, such as make up their mind, get motivated, wish for something, go on a rampage, or whatever.
konatachan80May 9, 2014 5:19 AM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
May 9, 2014 5:27 AM

Aug 2009
Hmmm it indeed would be used as a trigger, for Ruko the most especially. How she's been scaring her mother and all that, she would probably snap with Hitoe's suicide.

Oh, and, yes, I do hope they won't focus too much on Hitoe's situation also, but they still could do it without focusing too much maybe
May 9, 2014 5:31 AM

Nov 2013
i voted 3/5. but i have a different rating on MAL instead. because the 3/5 rating with words describe better. yeah, because it's only fine to me. i can't say i really love it a lot or feeling attached to it. i expected this anime to be a little bit more gore.. :P.
May 9, 2014 5:37 AM

Jan 2008
Hitoe's Mom goes straightly for Mom of the Year Award. Go, Hitoe's Mom!

Akira's wish is so stupid but it shows her issues with herself which are pretty... typical for that kind of show. And by "that kind" I mean show with high school girls that shows more or less drama. Why can't they just live their lifes, but be filled with envy like there is no tomorrow? Meh.

I think Yuzuki might be the second one in the queue to suicide, the first being Hitoe of course. Chiyori is probably a mastermind behind all of this or she's even crazier than Akira, one or another.
May 9, 2014 6:46 AM
Apr 2013
I am so glad Hitoe' s mom wasn't useless like almost every parent in every anime especially tragedy/horror shows. Actually every show/movie like this one parents suck so go Hitoe' s mom. So if Hitoe and Ali are out there are four more selectors that we know about. Ruko has no losses, Iona probably has no losses, the new girl has one and Hiyori only has one loss I think
May 9, 2014 7:19 AM
Apr 2012
Good episode, poor Yuzuki, I really get the feeling she is going to lose twice more and I so do not want that, I'll be rather upset. Aki-lucky looks as though she's ran out of luck. Hope Ruuko's eventual wish is not to reverse the effects of those who fail.
May 9, 2014 7:36 AM

Nov 2013
Sigh.

When will they stop with this drama. And why is everyone a bitch e.e
Literally dislike every character besides the grandma.
May 9, 2014 8:04 AM
May 2014
DGemu said:
Sigh.

When will they stop with this drama. And why is everyone a bitch e.e
Literally dislike every character besides the grandma.

I assume it ends when the series ends..after 2x12 episodes.
It doesn't have comedy, slapstick, or similar categories.

Why? Well, all of them seems to have their own issues..
That is quite often the case in real life too. Isn't it?

I can't say I like Akira much.
Ru is kind of likeable (at least for now).
Tama, well you can't say she isn't supportive.
Her grandmother..she's still ok.

I'd say Akira is the worst, not because she eliminated a selector (they're supposed to), but because of her intolerable behaviour.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
May 9, 2014 8:08 AM

Nov 2012
i actually liked this episode. mainly because aki-lucky bitch got what she deserved. and i liked the drama in this episode too.
May 9, 2014 9:50 AM
Jan 2013
There is no doubt that Akira is gonna be owned by Iona.
May 9, 2014 10:13 AM

Mar 2011
So Madokaish. I am usuming this will go down the 'I wish that no one can lose their wishes' route.

Really enjoying this. One of my faves of the season.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

May 9, 2014 1:59 PM

Feb 2007
Dear god, Akira, i knew you were bad, but not this much... Ruuko would probably be much less affected by her words if she knew that Akira was the one to deliver the final blow to the sick girl and what Akira's wish is (or was, likely, judging by her later actions).
May 9, 2014 3:12 PM
Dec 2012
You know what I really hope WON'T happen -
That they solve the misteries by saying "The only real way to become an eternal girl is by playing for FUN not for wishes" I swear if the show does turn like this it will suck ass and just be like yu gi oh and all that stuff no matter how dark it tries to be. :/
I have a really bad feeling this will happen because they always focus so much on "ruu is playing for fun" line ... >__>
I still wish the LRIGs would be actual souls of eternal girls trapped in the card ... but I dont think this is true. :'D
The episode this time just was idk... The first half was pretty mediocre imo until the part with the mom. I was happy to see an anime parent finally acting like she had brains.
May 9, 2014 3:42 PM

Aug 2013
tama is too op

May 9, 2014 7:08 PM

Aug 2013
Man, this show is depressing as fuck. There really is nothing good happening to these girls xD

So we have :

- A bipolar soon-to-be sociopath who discovered a passion for crushing adversary and feel guilty of this feeling.

- A psychopath bitch that love to take down the weaks and her only wish is to see someone else life ruined.

- A forbidden love slowly transforming her in a creepy yandere.

- The loneliest girl I've seen for quite some time. To had to that, she's suicidal.

- A wannabe cruel justiciary.

Now, we have a new girl that have arrived in town. You know, two girls down, they have to keep the meat coming :P

Yuzuki : ''If I disappear there won't be anymore problem!''.
Don't worry, Ruuko sociopatic behavior will take care of that :)
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 9, 2014 8:00 PM

Oct 2010
Mediocre. They're trying pretty hard to make this fit into the psychological genre, if only the fundamental substance wasn't some wishy-washy, low self-esteem girl suffering from sporadic bursts of chauvinism and empathy.

Finally when I thought I'd support Akira for being the only character in this series that seems to understand what "fight for your goal" means, they rid her in the most anti-climatic and ridiculous manner. I wonder how many episodes will be wasted babying these little brats.

5/10
May 9, 2014 9:38 PM

Mar 2012
Tama got her batoru alright and then proceeded to beat the crap out of Akira.
May 9, 2014 9:48 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
YEAH
SCREW YOU AKIRA
SHOW 'EM UP RUU + TAMA

I am starting to see similarities between
it's just currently, Yuzuki has some hope. I really hope she doesn't lose that, I will probably cry.
High School girls be the meanest group in this series...
May 9, 2014 10:03 PM

Aug 2013
This anime is EXACTLY like Black Rock Shooter (TV). The overdramatic behavior irks me. I think I will like this better than Black Rock Shooter though.
May 9, 2014 10:24 PM
May 2014
HowTragic said:
Mediocre. They're trying pretty hard to make this fit into the psychological genre, if only the fundamental substance wasn't some wishy-washy, low self-esteem girl suffering from sporadic bursts of chauvinism and empathy.

Finally when I thought I'd support Akira for being the only character in this series that seems to understand what "fight for your goal" means, they rid her in the most anti-climatic and ridiculous manner. I wonder how many episodes will be wasted babying these little brats.

5/10

Actually, I find that somewhat refreshing.
When there's a male lead then he's usually a spineless wimp (in general, or in relation to the opposite sex).
There are a few exceptions, and those tend to be the unorthodox (as you call it) ones.

When there's a female lead she's usually quite stable, and tend to be alot more goal oriented (in lack
of a better word). I can't really think of many cases where a female lead would be shown as completely spineless.

Presenting the female lead as one with low self-esteem and a potential nerve-wreck etc doesn't really
happen very often.

How did Akira fight for her goal?
She was avoiding a battle with Iona, even though her goal was to ruin Iona's life.
At least I would assume that would be a more level playingfield than in "real life".
konatachan80May 9, 2014 11:11 PM
-- Lord fifth
May 10, 2014 12:38 AM

Jan 2011
Aki-lucky's wish shows just how much of a bitch she is. Even without knowing what it is Hitoe shouldn't be upset for beating her.
May 10, 2014 12:51 AM

Oct 2010
konatachan80 said:
HowTragic said:

5/10

Actually, I find that somewhat refreshing.
When there's a male lead then he's usually a spineless wimp (in general, or in relation to the opposite sex).
There are a few exceptions, and those tend to be the unorthodox (as you call it) ones.

When there's a female lead she's usually quite stable, and tend to be alot more goal oriented (in lack
of a better word). I can't really think of many cases where a female lead would be shown as completely spineless.

Presenting the female lead as one with low self-esteem and a potential nerve-wreck etc doesn't really
happen very often.

How did Akira fight for her goal?
She was avoiding a battle with Iona, even though her goal was to ruin Iona's life.
At least I would assume that would be a more level playingfield than in "real life".

I concur with your first point. I too have gotten tired of this overused weak, MC genre, which now seems to be the norm each season. So tired, in fact, that like you, I sometimes seek a refreshing change in a FeMC lead. However, unlike you, I do not believe that Ruuko is an improvement. "doesn't really happen very often" is not an excuse for poorly-made, bland characters exhibiting the same traits that I tried to avoid in Male MCs.

Akira is the only character that actively uses everything in her disposal to further her own goals, and we can see this from her behavior in the first 6 episodes. Indisputably, her goal is to ruin Iona's life, and to achieve this she must win x amount of battles, x being undetermined at this point in the series. Note that this does not imply she has to win one against Iona, which is key. You are somehow misinterpreting the desire to ruin Iona's life as a necessity to face her straight-on in battle. Akira isn't stupid. She knows that Iona is leagues above her, and her anti-Tama card is unique even among selectors, which is probably why she despised Iona in the first place. Nevertheless, she also understands that she doesn't need to face Iona head-on to fulfill her wish and ruin her, since no gamer in his/her right mind would bet everything to pick a fight they can't win. Instead, she goes after the newbies and weaklings, which is a sound strategy regardless of moral implications. Akira uses a variety of cowardly tricks and underhanded methods to force other players to fight and lose to her. By no means is this "fair". Yet, no one ever said anything about having to be "fair" or ensuring a "level playingfield". Akira might be a coward, but she is not an incompetent. Compared to that what about the rest of the characters?

Yuzuki loves her little brother, and challenges a newbie Ruuko (much like what Akira is doing, but to a lesser degree) with the hopes of scoring an easy win and furthering her wincest fantasy. Yet, her appalling lack of skills in the game ruins her changes. At this point her brother and numerous others noticed her "straight" playing style, and tries to help her amend those faults. Yuzuki, however, takes this as an affront and stubbornly refuses to change, battling Akira in a fit of rage and losing. She refuses to recognize her own shortcomings due to pride, and instead of finding ways to improve her playing and further her own goals, chooses to sulk and throw silly fits of rage. Needless to say, no wish is fulfilled by just sitting around and waiting for it.

And Hitoe. This girl makes socially awkward penguin look リア充. She wants friends so badly she's willing to blindly declare battles against others, despite being heavily outclassed and mentally weak. After being seen through by Akira's ability she mentally breakdown, and god knows how much she's hurt her talking card. It's to the point I feel bad for it. Hitoe wants her wish granted, but doesn't want to work for it out of some burst of sentimentality and drop in self-esteem. When she gets her wish "granted" by other means, she insensitively neglects her card and babble on about her friends, inconsiderate of how the card feels. I am willing to bet that if a selector "wins" at the end, the card would also get a wish granted, perhaps becoming a real being. Although this is pure speculation, I sense personal motivation going into winning battles for the selector.

And lastly, Ruuko. She doesn't even have a wish. Despite being obviously shaken by being called blasphemous, she makes no effort to formulate a wish and defeat that label. Instead, her actions thus far have been characterized completely by "going with the flow" and momentary surge of sentimentality. Her indecisiveness hurts not only herself, but the people she tries to help and the ones that help her (Tama). God knows why they gave Tama to someone like Ruuko. It's like giving the knowledge to cure cancer to a starving child in Africa. GG.

I, too, despised Akira at first due to her personality and underhanded tactics, but given the rest of the cast, I realized that I hate incompetence more than cowardice. Picking the lesser of two evil.
May 10, 2014 1:26 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
I love seeing so much despair. I'm feeling sorry for poor Hitoe, though, and so I'm wondering what will happen to her. Maybe she really ends up dead by commiting suicide? Would be interesting.

The new girl is such a cutie. <3 Hope she will get to know the real meaning of three losses soon.

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
May 10, 2014 2:25 AM

Jan 2014
This show is getting darker, love it :3

Wanna see the part where Iona beat Aki-lucky up~
May 10, 2014 2:30 AM
May 2014
HowTragic said:
I concur with your first point. I too have gotten tired of this overused weak, MC genre, which now seems to be the norm each season. So tired, in fact, that like you, I sometimes seek a refreshing change in a FeMC lead. However, unlike you, I do not believe that Ruuko is an improvement. "doesn't really happen very often" is not an excuse for poorly-made, bland characters exhibiting the same traits that I tried to avoid in Male MCs.

What I meant by this is that such a female is kind of unorthodox in a similar way as how a strong
levelheaded male that doesn't run and hide just because he sees a female is seen as unorthodox.

No doubt it is the same trait, but it is...different.
HowTragic said:

Akira

No, she didn't have to fight Iona, but if there was a place where she had a more level playingfield against Iona it would be in this "game" (early on). After some time she probably didn't have a choice but to do what she did if she really wanted her wish fulfilled.
I kind of get your point though.

Akira outmatches everyone except Iona and Ru, as I won't call Ru incompetent.
The biggest difference is that Akira is good at intimidation and manipulating, and Ru has some issues with how she feels as opposed to how she thinks she is supposed to feel.
HowTragic said:

Yuzuki

I agree with you regarding Yuzuki, although her skills in the game isn't really alot worse than Akira's, but lack of confidence in her own wish made her unable to use them against Akira.
HowTragic said:

Hitoe.

Hitoe really should've done what her lrig said, but she saw her as a friend (after meeting Ru etc), hence the result.

Btw, I noticed that asenshi translated next episode's title as "that girl is desire".
I wonder if it is correct, and if so, then it wouldn't surprise me if the "girl" are the lrig's.
HowTragic said:

And lastly, Ruuko.

True, she doesn't have a wish..yet.
I seem to remember someone saying that it has to be a heartfelt wish, which kind of ruin any chance of just making one up (or manipulating their own wish).

Considering the small flashbacks it isn't really hard to see why she don't have a wish because it
contradicts what she has tried to do all along, to not be a bother for anyone.
The same thing goes for the battles, which is probably why she looks hesitant etc even before the real consequences was revealed.
konatachan80May 10, 2014 2:52 AM
-- Lord fifth
May 10, 2014 2:37 AM

Jul 2012
It was satisfying to see Akira being beaten...I can't deny that. Now, how bad will it be after Iona defeats her?

Inevitably, Ruuko goes through a psychological conflict. I feel bad for Tama, I know she's the one who's going to be hurt the most by Ruuko's 'despair'. I'm hoping Ruuko snaps out of it soon, she'll become so much more likeable once she's past this indecisiveness phase.

The drama is not all that pleasant to watch and I'm not really feeling it, but I'm enjoying this show.
May 10, 2014 3:59 AM

Dec 2010
Akira really deserved her loss against Ruuko - even if the latter doesn't have a wish, at least her wish is not to see someone's life ruined. There's no way Akira can achieve a happy life with such a most desired wish. She also deserved to lose because of her style of opponent choosing.

This is getting too good not to feel annoyed it's ongoing.
May 10, 2014 5:06 AM

Feb 2012
Akira is batshit insane, I love it. This anime is pretty entertaining.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
May 10, 2014 8:04 AM

Dec 2013
I hoped Akira to had a more "deep" wish, i mean bring down Iona? Really? at least now we know that she doesn't worth anything, it was gratifying to see her losing to Ruuko and will still lose to Iona in the next epi xD. looking foward.
May 10, 2014 8:30 AM
May 2014
KingLear said:
Akira is batshit insane, I love it. This anime is pretty entertaining.

It wouldn't surprise me if she becomes even more so after her third loss.
It might be a bit early to say that she'll lose, but I find it quite unlikely that she wins.
-- Lord fifth
May 10, 2014 9:37 AM

Nov 2012
Her Heart is Pure White.
May 10, 2014 10:19 AM

Oct 2013
I like how the show has managed to get progressively darker with each episode; I hope it can keep that up.
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth
May 10, 2014 11:20 AM
Apr 2011
Watch this anime in conjunction with Hearthstone card game. It's free to play though I have yet to try it out.

If the battles were actually shown like WCS matches of Starcraft 2 then I would give a higher rating to the anime. As it stands it's a couple of mysteries dragging viewers by the nose. Nothin' special 'bout this anime except the game, right?
May 10, 2014 12:02 PM

Aug 2010
Expecing Ru-ru to develope the wish "I want this suffering to end", which would be rather free to interpretation. Also, I see an even bigger death flag on hitoe than last week. I hope she doesn't do something stupid...
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
May 10, 2014 12:16 PM
Sep 2010
What I'm really curious about is that novel the new girl gave to Yuzuki.
That author must know something really important. hope that novel gets talked about later in the series.
May 10, 2014 5:14 PM

Mar 2008
All build up and no payoff for this episode considering the fight between Akira and Ru was so built in the last several episodes. It ended in all of one minute and with Akira's millennium eye-styled peaking kind of flopping on our enigmatic main character. No new revelations really came out of that battle that we didn't already know and mostly Akira just had a nervous breakdown.

At least we're starting to learn a little about Ru and that her mother was afraid of her for some reason, I'm guessing Ru must have some kind of supernatural thing. I've been fine with the slow build so far but now it feels like it's grinding to a halt and the battles are shockingly short lived. Granted shows like Yu-Gi-Oh tend to draw them on unnecessarily long but considering this show is meant to promote it's product well it's amazing how little these games seem to go on.

Hope things pick up for the next half. Also looking forward to the OST when it's out.
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
May 10, 2014 9:11 PM

Jun 2013
Well that was fast. Game still makes no sense. Good job giving us a clear set up, JC Staff.

I did like how fucked Hitoe's life has become. That's brutal, man. And she's the one of the few characters in this show that isn't an asshole or completely annoying. Literally, nearly everyone in this show sucks.

But I'm still waiting for my trainwreck... I need Ru-Ru to start crushing people's dreams and fuck everything up. C'mon Tama, push her evil buttons more!

......I like the soundtrack though, lol.
May 11, 2014 5:42 AM

Mar 2013
Definitely the best anime of this season hand down

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

250 by JustHarris34 »»
Feb 13, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

249 by Homurice »»
Jan 14, 4:13 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

272 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 10:58 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

97 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 8:23 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

82 by Myabyelo789N »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.