Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 6, 2014 9:45 PM

Jun 2012
Cirris said:

Overall it's an interesting start. though i don't understand how they're going to get to white haired psycho witch in one cour. She's featured prominently as an antagonist in the OP. They may end up skipping a whole lot of material which would be a shame. Nanami and Mizuka are integral story arcs in the Manga.

I agree and hope they don't do that. I was really looking forward to this adaptation, having enjoyed very much the manga. Don't want them to rush things up. Anyway, the first episode was good, glad to hear Himeragi again
TynkerApr 6, 2014 9:50 PM
Apr 6, 2014 9:47 PM

Nov 2012
For some reason I felt as in this episode could've been executed better, but I just don't know how they could've. Either way a nice episode. Crash course of introductions are hard.

Is it me or do some of the animations seem weird.

I also don't like how they introduced Murakami, his personality seems like of confusing.

Things will get better as things go on (I hope).

I didn't hear Kuroha say anything about there being rain, did Murakami assume that there was going to be rain or what?

Oh god I can't wait for the OST!
UsaraDarkApr 6, 2014 9:51 PM
Apr 6, 2014 9:51 PM

Jan 2014
an OP with no lyrics, dont see that very often

darn himeragi voice.....

could of been better, still pretty cool though
Wanna listen to some good OP/ED songs? Head over to my profile!
Apr 6, 2014 10:02 PM

Aug 2012
ar2000 said:

Haha I think don't think you should quote me with that post.

I do agree with you though. I hope this won't end up like EL though, even if other people might want it to.
lol it wasn't toward you of course, I just quoted yours since it was a nice reference to further call out the nitpicking. And yeah but unfortunately I have a feeling it'll end up worse judging by what the OP shows, but that doesn't mean this episode was nearly as terrible as to incur that amount of 'heavy' critique lol
Apr 6, 2014 10:07 PM

Oct 2011
Wow great start.

I feel she is the same person. I wonder if the surgery/experiment erased her memory? It could also got rid of her mole too.
Apr 6, 2014 10:15 PM
Aug 2011
I may have had zero expectations coming into this but it turned out so much better than I could have imagined.
Apr 6, 2014 10:25 PM

Jun 2011
interesting.. likable characters, mysteries & alot of questions were raised.. the way i like it!
i'm happy that i held myself from reading the manga..
also loved both the OP & ED..
5/5
Apr 6, 2014 10:42 PM

Nov 2013
So this one took me by surprise, I thought it was gonna be a lot less dark and with far less action, but the OP sequence and this episode have very much surprised me. I don't really know what to expect now...
Apr 6, 2014 11:42 PM
Dec 2013
JUST SHUT UP AND SHOW ME YOUR ARMPITS
best line of the season

i love the OP
i love the first episode of this , it had that nice vibe goign :) cant wait for next week
so far i have enjoyed about 3 new animes and hoping these 3 wont dissapoint me !
Apr 7, 2014 12:25 AM

Apr 2009
It was a good start. The pool scene where the girl got her leg stuck in the vent made me want to punch my monitor tho.
Apr 7, 2014 12:29 AM
Jul 2013
Haha. I had a problem finishing the rest of the episode because I had to replay the OP over and over again due to its sheer awesomeness. That aside though, this anime is really interesting so far and I didn't expect the death forecasting thing so I'm quite excited to what else this show has to offer in future episodes. :)
"Vanish into the embrace of dark flames!"
Apr 7, 2014 12:34 AM

Oct 2013
Strike the Blood vibe... Neko's uniform's sexy...
Apr 7, 2014 12:41 AM

Jan 2013
This anime is probably one of the tops this season for me. I can't fully explain why, but it has a sense of mystery, comedy, and a romance vibe, not to mention action-esque.

Definitely caught me by surprise.
Apr 7, 2014 1:12 AM

Jan 2014
When Kuroha said "Even though you believe in aliens?" I don't recall him saying anything to her about aliens...

ARMS YOU SNEAKY DEVILS!!
Apr 7, 2014 2:03 AM
Nov 2013
I seriously am in love with that opening..

This episode looked like something right out of a Final Destination movie. I'm sure things are about to get way more intense though.

I honestly can't even come up with a guess as to who Kuroha really is. This anime seems like it's gonna be one hell of a ride! Can't wait for next week!
Apr 7, 2014 2:10 AM

Nov 2011
I really enjoyed the first episode, hopefully this can only keep getting better. Interesting plot to say the least.
Apr 7, 2014 2:26 AM
Jan 2014
The OP is something. Different = good.

Probably is going to have an anime ending, just as Elfen Lied, because the manga isn't finished (55ch translated/95ch raw).

The animation was well done. Can't wait to see if they're going to ruin it like Elfen Lied or at least make a decent end.
Apr 7, 2014 2:40 AM

Jul 2013
Dashiawia said:
Best girl, aka Kazumi, has yet to arrive. The show gets better after her introduction. Or at least, it should if it follows the manga properly.

This. Can't wait for her arrival >.<
Apr 7, 2014 2:57 AM

Mar 2014
It's not bad but I felt bored from just watching this kind of cliche main guy !!
Apr 7, 2014 3:05 AM

Aug 2013
Didn't really expect to be in the minority for disliking the OP, oh well..
Show felt more or less decent for me
Apr 7, 2014 3:05 AM

Feb 2012
Another promising anime to watch this season. It has a hint of everything - mystery, action, school life, comedy, romance, magic, drama!!
I have to rewatch the OP coz everyone is talking about it and I fast-forwarded it.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Apr 7, 2014 3:15 AM

Aug 2013
Ahhhh! That was interesting! ^^
OMG FASTFORWARD TIME , I wanna watch moooorrreeeee.
The OP is so AWSOME <3
XDChrystalApr 7, 2014 3:20 AM
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

"There is something in this world that no one has ever seen before. It is gentle and sweet. Maybe if it could be seen, everyone would fight over it. That is why the world hid it, so that no one could get their hands on it so easily. However, someday, someone will find it. The person who deserves it the most will definitely find it. "
— Aisaka Taiga and Takasu Ryuuji
Apr 7, 2014 3:16 AM

Apr 2009
This anime is the most interesting of the Spring Season (of those I have seen).

I have a lot of theories and looking forward to next season.
Apr 7, 2014 3:17 AM
Jan 2014
VanishingKira said:
So this is going to go anime original cause

Wonder why they skipped the opening scene of the manga too.

Either way like the art and looking forward to see everything else being animated.Guess,they'll go anime original ending just like Elfen Lied.

The white-haired girl shows up in the manga, it's just that the scanalting group has yet to show us that.

If they're planning on making an anime ending, they did a good job skipping the opening scene of the manga, because that scene is connected to the current events in the manga (raw). Having only 13 episodes, won't cover much of the manga.
Apr 7, 2014 4:07 AM

Apr 2013
Really enjoyed this, love the OP. I swear, the beginning of the OP has some magic in it.
Kuroha is pretty cute too and I like the main mc ryouta too so far.
Ending song is decent.
Very promising and one of my favourite 5 so far this season.
Apr 7, 2014 4:18 AM

Aug 2012
When I read the summary, it seemed kinda meh, but the show blew me away. The story has a little mysterious X-Files vibe, which I really liked. The OP was like a preview of all the awesome stuff that we're going to see.
Apr 7, 2014 4:27 AM

Dec 2007
I really like this show so far. I always thought Okamoto Lynn's writing is not the most professional one, can even be mistaken as amateurish but he's definitely has some unique capturing style that makes me get attached to his series and his characters. And there is finally a new show by him, after many long years Elfen Lied first aired.
I got a special place reserved for Elfen Lied, and this show has some stuff that were present in Elfen Lied, but overall, it's different, so it's no rehash of old stuff.

I read the first 10 chapters of the manga when it was just being first published in 2012, and I'm very pleased so far on how it was adapted.
I was waiting for this adaptation for a long time now, and now that it's here, I will definitely have something to look forward to in the next 12 weeks. I kinda wished it will be at least 24 episodes, but even if the anime will get an anime original ending which will probably will happen considering the direction the series takes, I won't condemn this choice as I'm used to.

I just hope the ending won't be like Elfen Lied, but more conclusive. I really look forward to watching the next episodes.
Apr 7, 2014 4:29 AM

Dec 2013
+OP is stupidly good. gives me shivers every time i watch it. (also reminds me of higurashi?)
-OP being full of girls worries me its a harem.
+story provides a good sense of mystery.
-MC is pretty fucking bland.
+good blend of comedy and darker themes.
-avalanche scene looked pretty lackluster.
Apr 7, 2014 5:38 AM

Jun 2011
Sexual harassment right off the bat, good job, top middle schooler. Episode was okay, I am interested in the mystery.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 7, 2014 5:53 AM

Jul 2013
Man love that wub wub OP.
Mystery seems interesting so far, I just don't get the constant blushing.
Apr 7, 2014 6:56 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
OP is nice!
The humour was great as well, a little more than I thought there would be.
What if they weren't moles?????
Though I do have three moles in a shape of a triangle myself....

Theory: Kuroneko didn't die but was helped by the aliens that she was about to show him... and then they raised her as well.
Moles weren't moles but an alien thingy and that is why they are gone.
Kuroha Neko is Kuroneko
Apr 7, 2014 7:27 AM

Jan 2014
Yay o/
A very good OP and overall good introduction, "tells him she is a witch, shows her neck and says surgery..." ALIEN!
Cannot wait to see more ^^
Apr 7, 2014 8:06 AM

Dec 2013
Have been anticipating this since they first announced the anime.

Boy this did not disappoint. The OP was absolutely stunning! I find myself going on and on about the music they use in the first episode of this season's anime, but thus far this OP really took the cake!

I like how they adapted this from the manga, but given the material they have available I'm quite disappointed that they aren't moving for a 2 cour. I really hope they stay true to the story, and won't do a goddamned Claymore (butchered it with some BS ending). First episode and already I'm hoping for a second (and maybe a third) season, would it be too much to ask?

This spring lineup is a feast for my manga-loving eyes. <3

Bring on next week already!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 7, 2014 8:36 AM

May 2011
like a lot of you manga readers have already pointed out, i don't get how they can get into the white witch arc in just a short one cour, hopefully nothing important gets cuts off.

also, glorious OP. Been awhile since i last seen an OP like this, the art is great too, let's see how it turns out :)

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 7, 2014 10:02 AM

Aug 2012
Nice ep ...... its interesting ......
Apr 7, 2014 10:52 AM

Jul 2010
I love it! The OP is wicked good! Sets the mood perfectly.

From reading the manga, this story has a nearly perfect balance of cute, funny, tense action, mystery, and flat-out creepiness. It is really well written and I can't wait to see how the anime adaptation turns out.
Apr 7, 2014 11:02 AM

Feb 2012
"Now that I know I'm going to die, I need to confirm this."
What an idiot..

Seems really interesting, definitely going to follow. My favorite OP of the season!
Apr 7, 2014 11:13 AM

Dec 2013
I'm not exactly sure what to think about this. I've never seen a dubstep op before though
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2014 12:19 PM

Dec 2012
"This girl told me she can predict my death! I want to find out if it's real!"
Boulder starts falling down.
Suddenly girl is there "Why didn't you listen to me baka".

Ugh.
Apr 7, 2014 12:24 PM

Apr 2010
This seems to have potential not to sure about the main character tho but the girl is interesting.
I wonder what was wrong with that guy he is supposed to be smart but could not figure out that walking on a mountain road during rain is dangerous?
I mean if a city dweller like me who lives in a country without mountains knows that rain can cause mudslides and rocks to fall down on mountain roads then certainly people who live in or near mountains know this as well.
You don't need to be a genius for that still the theories this guy was making up where ridiculous.

The girl yelling urusei urusei urusei...
I wonder where i heard that before...
AversaApr 7, 2014 7:04 PM
Apr 7, 2014 12:35 PM

Jan 2013
Wow, LOVED both the OP, and the episode itself. This could be my favourite from what I've seen so far this season.
Apr 7, 2014 12:46 PM

Oct 2010
Well i was really hyped for the series since i really enjoyed the manga, but then i saw the opening,
oh, the humanity! why does it need to have an anime original ending!? am so sad- so mad.

Aversa said:

I wonder what was wrong with that guy he is supposed but could not figure out that walking on a mountain road during rain is dangerous?

Well he was obviously aware of that, he was just testing if her prediction was correct, did you watch the raws? it was well explained.
Apr 7, 2014 12:48 PM

Feb 2014
woah, epic dubstep OP, and also the story seems interesting.
Apr 7, 2014 1:40 PM

Sep 2013
An introduction quite simple and quiet. Having read the first chapter of the manga, Lynn had represented the begining of the story with very dark tones, while in the first episode of the anime, the director focused more on making it rather comical, in my opinion. I love the OP-theme, though.
Once an alt always an alt! | ( ˇ෴ˇ ) | I ♥ Music
Apr 7, 2014 2:07 PM

Apr 2014
ok idk why but the opening creeps me out.
Apr 7, 2014 2:08 PM

Apr 2013
God, I hope this isn't a harem

First episode was pretty meh, hopefully it gets better
Apr 7, 2014 2:40 PM
Apr 2014
I'm not quite sure what happened with the supposed "1st death"

did the main female lead intervened? (only saw her getting out of the pool as she knew what would happen)

or was the forecast wrong?
Apr 7, 2014 2:41 PM

Feb 2010
luminoir said:

did the main female lead intervened? (only saw her getting out of the pool as she knew what would happen)

or was the forecast wrong?

didn't she make the pipe burst with her supernatural powers or something?
AlcoholicideApr 7, 2014 3:04 PM
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 7, 2014 2:52 PM
Apr 2014
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
luminoir said:

or was the forecast wrong?[/quote

guess it was done very subtly, only saw her glancing in that direction then cracks>burst

yea I guess that would be the logical conclusion
Apr 7, 2014 3:23 PM

Nov 2013
luminoir said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
luminoir said:

or was the forecast wrong?[/quote

guess it was done very subtly, only saw her glancing in that direction then cracks>burst

yea I guess that would be the logical conclusion

But she said something about not wanting to have to use her powers after splitting the boulder. I though she said the pump just gave out.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it set in the same world as Elfen Lied?

Saku33 - Nov 16, 2023

5 by Buny0058 »»
Nov 18, 2023 12:33 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2014

126 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 13, 2023 3:41 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2014

403 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 7:24 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

231 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 6:03 AM

» Anybody still here

Iamtheeggman - Mar 30, 2021

29 by Barrycade »»
May 6, 2023 7:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.