Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 5, 2014 4:50 PM

Dec 2012
Forcible kissing as of episode 1 (unless it turns out to be a troll, as one person suggested). Not sure if I want to continue, especially when La Corda D'Oro Blue Sky is airing as well and is the same genre with a better first episode.

Oh well, I'll give it a little longer.

japanda said:
Watched this only for the mahou shounen transformation. It was the most gratifying thing I've ever seen in my life.

The first ep was ok, it could have been better though. I'm just glad the mc has some sort of a backbone. I mean turning down Zeus of all people.. yeesh! 0_0
But ultimately she's still a clueless blushy heroine typical of reverse harems. I hope she gets to put those sword skills to use!

Because everything would have turned out better if she had attempted to slice up a lightning hurling god-king.

I don't know what to say about the people complaining about the heroine. Her thoughts mirrored mine for most of the episode. Not sure about sassing back to Zeus when he has the equivalent of a gun pointed at her face, that seems as though she needs her self-preservation sensors upgraded.
Apr 5, 2014 4:50 PM

Oct 2008
Interesting for sure. Not sure why people are searching for a philosophically deep meaning in a shoujo with reverse harem. Lol Just meant to watch and have fun.
The transformation sequence; I nearly died. Same for the flowers. Lol
Like how Yui has some personality and actually speaks up.
Will definitely keep watching!

After seeing Amensia, I can never be disappointed.
Apr 5, 2014 5:02 PM
Sep 2013
lol that magical man transformation tho
So far, I'm gonna see what happens next...man that's what reverse harem has been doing to me lately, they have a good potential at the first episode and i dunno what happens towards the end...Hope this one doesn't disappoint me. My expectations are already pretty low...
Apr 5, 2014 5:09 PM

May 2012
phoenixalia said:

And le gasp! THE HEROINE ACTUALLY TALKS! She talks back! She actually makes expressions! She actually gets angry! She acts like a normal person! What is this sorcery?

This. And she actually has a normal voice.
Apr 5, 2014 5:17 PM
Mar 2013
hahaha i can't take the first episode seriously. THE MAHOU SHOUNEN AND FLOWERS MAAN I CANT xD Oh well, I'll keep watching because of the Egyptian gods <3
Apr 5, 2014 5:17 PM

Feb 2014
Of course Zeus is voiced by the god of all voice actors, mister Norio Wakamoto himself. The producers seem to know what they are doing. ~~

I'm not really into reverse harem (at all), but I do like the character design. Those transformations though. xD

Probably not gonna watch this anymore, as the genre just isn't for me, but the first episode was quite fun nontheless.
Just sit back, and let your tears do the talking as I save you.
Apr 5, 2014 5:34 PM

Jan 2013
That ending sequence.... wow. This show is making no attempts to hide what it is, but I'm having fun so far. Lol, at all the characters singing.

Apr 5, 2014 6:18 PM

Jul 2010
That glorious transformation left me speechless !
Honestly, i picked this up because of Ono Daisuke and Kamya Hiroshi and the bishies - my spring bishi dose.
At first, i feared that it would be some kind of Diabolik Lover stuff when the surprisingly not bad female character stumbled in each one of the dudes r_r

Anyway, Loki earned my attention after that mean trick of his huhu
Also, those dudes are pretty protective of their buddies - not that i am complaining xD
Apr 5, 2014 6:24 PM
Mar 2014
that sailor moon male transformation tho xD

it's like zeus called her there because he noticed how the guys were gay for each other and he wants em to experience real love with a female because they treat females like some piece of shit xD man i never thought this anime will have BL moments in it
animeloverxxxxxApr 5, 2014 6:30 PM
Apr 5, 2014 6:28 PM

Aug 2013
Holy fucking shit, I can't stop laughing. I just can't stop thinking about that ''magical boy'' transformation at the beginning xD
And that musical ending, oh god :P

Damn, I don't know what I expected from this show. Seriously, Zeus worrying because those don't make contact with human... They are all a bunch of homosexual!! Why not bring a boy then? o.O

All the character are fucking hilarious, but in a non-intentional way. They all look like Ouran Club character, but Ouran Club was actually parodying that kind of show, so... :P

I had already watched shoujo before and I loved most of them, but dang, it never looked like that... That look like those book teenage girl read :/

Mmm, should I drop it or not..? I'm not sure, for now it was hilarious, but I think that after a few episode, I will not find it as hilarious.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 5, 2014 6:28 PM
Jan 2008
Oh God....YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS F**K YES!

This is gonna be as Campy and hilariously stupid as UtaPri was. I lost it at Magical Boy Transformation..LOL

Poor Yui though. Everyone hates her except Kamiya God, who's about as smart as rocks. Apollo is going to troll her HARDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.....or someone comes and stops him from macking on her. LOL

Ono GOD is Emo.

Loki is a troll.

the Japanese gods are like 'BITCH I KILL U'

And there's a boy band music video as the Ending. Where's Miyano when you need him?

So far, Yui's all right. I like her voice actress though. At least it's not as misogynist as Diabolik Lovers...which is what I was afraid of with all of the gods dissing Yui.
GChanApr 5, 2014 6:31 PM
Apr 5, 2014 6:33 PM
Jan 2008
minouneetzoe said:
Holy fucking shit, I can't stop laughing. I just can't stop thinking about that ''magical boy'' transformation at the beginning xD
And that musical ending, oh god :P

Damn, I don't know what I expected from this show. Seriously, Zeus worrying because those don't make contact with human... They are all a bunch of homosexual!! Why not bring a boy then? o.O

All the character are fucking hilarious, but in a non-intentional way. They all look like Ouran Club character, but Ouran Club was actually parodying that kind of show, so... :P

I had already watched shoujo before and I loved most of them, but dang, it never looked like that... That look like those book teenage girl read :/

Mmm, should I drop it or not..? I'm not sure, for now it was hilarious, but I think that after a few episode, I will not find it as hilarious.

I'll give it a few more episodes....I'm a sucker for mythology anyway which is really why I'm watching this but hollllllllleeee moly this is hilarious. And so full of HoYay.

They should've used Thor though. That really would've made the fujioshis day.
Apr 5, 2014 6:40 PM
Oct 2013
O.K, so the beginning confused me (it was probably aimed at people who had played this game) and it was a very awkward place to end the episode. That being said I see some real potential. I have prepared myself for complete fan-girling. The female lead may have been bland but for the fantastic voice actor they choose for her, so I don't have any issues with her. I love the Norse gods, fantastic! And the Greeks have potential, but the Japanese just felt obnoxious to me. Can anyone tell me who that silvery guy was? next to Zeus
Apr 5, 2014 6:42 PM
Jul 2018
Okay, this anime will no doubt be really stupid and ridiculous, but the main character is cute and I'm into the whole gods of different places idea.

So I will be watching episode 2 next week.
Apr 5, 2014 7:02 PM

Sep 2013
animeloverxxxxx said:
that sailor moon male transformation tho xD

it's like zeus called her there because he noticed how the guys were gay for each other and he wants em to experience real love with a female because they treat females like some piece of shit xD man i never thought this anime will have BL moments in it

For someone who knows the game, the BL undertones are not even surprising. I mean, Loki x Balder was practically a thing in there (and probably in the anime too).

That transformation though XDD

This anime is hilariously bad as I expected. Sucks that Apollon's the main guy but Yui's cool, I guess?

This just needs Anubis for everyone to go like "Nope, I'm out, fuck that shit." And I'd be laughing at the side...
Apr 5, 2014 7:10 PM

Jul 2013
best thing to come out of spring 2014 shows so far- apollon's transformation

what a boring 1st episode too. the female mc (surprised that she actually speaks) literally walked around for 20 minutes with lesser gods hitting on her.

the art is pretty good though but the character designs for the gods are awkward. there's something wrong with their hair and eyes.

i'll check out the show next week to see if things get worse and the female mc somehow stops talking
Apr 5, 2014 7:42 PM

Jun 2012
Apollon was so damn smooth xD. I'm liking Yui a lot the first thing she thought happened to her was time travel. That's my kind of girl.

And why does reverse harem always have the best animation?
Apr 5, 2014 8:58 PM

Nov 2013
Well okay! I like this! This is fine with me.

Yep. I'll be watching this one.
Apr 5, 2014 9:51 PM

Nov 2012
Against my better judgement decide to pick this up.

Apollon's transformation sure was something...

Wow,a reverse harem lead that can actually finish her sentences and has somewhat of a personality.

BL undertones between some of the gods.
Apr 5, 2014 10:04 PM

Jan 2011
The Apollon Magical Transformation, Spring 2014 newest topic.
Apr 5, 2014 10:10 PM

Feb 2014
orchidork said:
what a boring 1st episode too. the female mc (surprised that she actually speaks) literally walked around for 20 minutes with lesser gods hitting on her.

Honestly that along just made me say "why did I waste my time watching this?" I want to give this the 3 episode chance..but ugh. I don't think I can.
Apr 5, 2014 10:23 PM

Jun 2013
EternalStarlight said:
The Apollon Magical Transformation, Spring 2014 newest topic.

That's the only memory I need from this anime.

I guess I couldn't handly it, not gonna watch it.
Apr 5, 2014 10:29 PM
Dec 2013
wait .. what do you guys mean that she actually talks??
Apr 5, 2014 10:31 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
A lot less serious than what i was expecting...
I thought this was going to be more drama based rather than the comedy. I also thought the reverse harem involving orchestra would be less serious but i guess I got them switched.
Apollon's transformation, whoah.
The ED is nice... i really like that chorus... though the images sorta scarred me and the lip sync was off...
Apr 5, 2014 10:54 PM

Nov 2012
okay seems i'm not the only one who noticed the weird magical boy transformation :D

the story seems to be absolutely lame, but i'm only watching this for the boys anyway...
Apr 5, 2014 11:23 PM

Aug 2013
Wow. All the mahou shoujo transformations in the world has nothing on Apollon's transformation. That was simply fabulous O__O!

I don't think I'll continue watching this. But to all those who liked it, enjoy :D!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 5, 2014 11:26 PM

Sep 2011
All shoujo harem cliche is in this, DAT TRANSFORMATION> i will follow this show LOL it could be fun.
AndroidJacketApr 5, 2014 11:30 PM
Apr 5, 2014 11:50 PM

Apr 2009
The thing that freaked me out in this the most: the animated flowers as the gods were introduced. I mean I've ofc seen the non-animated kind in romance anime a bunch of times but that was kinda "omg bring the weed killer stat!" XD

I don't usually notice stills or animation issues that much but man, when she was standing on the spiral stairs to the roof her proportions were all weird. Also the way she climbed the stairs to her family's shrine (before meeting with her brothers) looked like a bad copypasta. Granted the last reverse harem I watched was the latest Utapri, which I assume had a much larger budget so I'm probably expecting too much, haha.

This ep didn't manage to hook me at all yet, it was a pretty weak intro imo, but unless the mc becomes unbearable at some point I'll probably watch this to the end, since it only has 12 eps.
Apr 6, 2014 12:33 AM

Sep 2010
I lost it at the transformation. I'm watching for the laughs
Spring 2014: NANANA WINS ALL.
Check out my blog :) http://castlebell.blogspot.com/
Apr 6, 2014 12:36 AM

Aug 2013
The Greek Gods Playground huh? I think that will explain the whole entire series from now on. I saw Grell. Definitely. and that evil dude in Diabolik Lovers.and most likely an imitated Tamaki in Ouran Highschool Host Club.
Apr 6, 2014 12:39 AM

Apr 2014
I lost my shit when the transformation happened.
Apr 6, 2014 1:11 AM

Apr 2012
I am not into reversed harem anime but this one was ok. I will watch episode 2
Apr 6, 2014 1:23 AM

Jun 2012
Z4k said:

Yep! Hilarious!
And omg, the flowers in the background when the characters appear...
Pebble_Apr 6, 2014 1:32 AM

Apr 6, 2014 2:57 AM
Apr 2013
Z4k said:

I lost my panties when the transformation happened.

To Apollon in general, really.
Apr 6, 2014 3:16 AM

Jan 2008
LegendaryGirl-A said:
I lost it at the transformation. I'm watching for the laughs

Exactly that. This was hilarious.

Apr 6, 2014 3:36 AM

Sep 2013
I think that the only reason to watch the first chapter was to laugh at the weird transformation of the blonde guy. I did not like it. I'm not a fan of otome game adaptations into anime, but I always watch the first chapter of them hoping to find something similar to La Storia della Arcana Famiglia, which is the only anime of this kind that I have actually enjoyed. I really expected to find a female MC like Felicità, but I was terribly disappointed. Yui certainly has more personality than most of the MCs of those anime, but she is not as independent and cool as Felicità. I dropped it ten minutes after the beginning, I couldn't cope with such a terrible plot.

RitsukaAPApr 6, 2014 9:14 AM
Apr 6, 2014 3:56 AM

Apr 2014
MrsKotobuki said:
Z4k said:

I lost my panties when the transformation happened.

To Apollon in general, really.

Now that's just silly
Apr 6, 2014 4:23 AM

Apr 2007
I'm watching as I type this and cannot stop laughing at that transformation sequence. I'm so in. No matter what happens next I will watch the whole series and it will have been worth it just for that.

edit: omg THE ROSES IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER
PondApr 6, 2014 4:30 AM
Apr 6, 2014 6:02 AM

Feb 2012
While watching the first few minutes of the anime, particular during the transformation, I was like "Dayum, a male version of sailor moon!!" lol!

Will continue watching this for kicks!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Apr 6, 2014 6:05 AM

Aug 2011
This. is. SO GODDAMN KITSCH OMG.
But Loki.
So gonna watch.
Hgnnnghhhh.
:fangirl spotted:
Apr 6, 2014 7:16 AM

Sep 2012
That transformation at the start made me laught
And those flowers behind each characther? LoL
But I was surprised, the MC can talk! I was expecting some girl that couldn't say a full sentence, or express what she was thinking.
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Apr 6, 2014 7:34 AM

Jun 2013
Good god dat transformation XD somebody should make a gif of it
Hmmmm I wonder which guy I should pick: Hades or Loki
The ending was kinda funny and sexy
Apr 6, 2014 7:46 AM

Jul 2013
excuse me while I go puke... I wish I had read the genre and description before watching the first episode.
Apr 6, 2014 8:26 AM

Dec 2013
My eyes. What have I just watched? I like Yui but the others... No. I can't watch it.
Apr 6, 2014 8:38 AM

May 2011
As far as omote adaptation leads go, I like her better than a lot of ones out there. Not that it means much when I say that. xD; This has enough bishounen factor for me to continue watching even though so far I'm annoyed at the attitudes already.
Apr 6, 2014 8:51 AM

May 2012
glorious

aoty 2014

it's basically channeling the entire appeal of inuyasha without the inconvenience of having a plot and all that junk

11/10

[color=#f3e7dd]join the quietly discursive at quiet discourse
Apr 6, 2014 9:30 AM

Jul 2012
WOW! This was something for a first episode.

I really enjoyed the mythology in this episode.

Great episode!!!
Apr 6, 2014 10:06 AM

Jan 2013
Dat sexy tranformation at first. Million fangirls heart just broken of that for sure >v>
Apr 6, 2014 10:52 AM

Sep 2007
OH GAWD...I can't stop laughing at Apollon's transformation sequence.

You don't see a lot of male transformation sequences in anime....and that one was all uber sparkly too. *continues to laugh like crazy at it*

Amg though....I just realized that this is the game I was considering to buy last year at a sale....I might need to track down the game again now...
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Apr 6, 2014 11:12 AM

Jun 2012
I found when each God was introduced, the flowers growing behind them were quite funny. lol I guess this anime is geared towards women because of all the fanservice lol. However, I still liked it. I love Greek Mythology so that might be apart of the reason why I liked it. :P
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamigami no Asobi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2014

94 by MickeyMinaj »»
Mar 12, 4:04 AM

Poll: » Kamigami no Asobi Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 10, 2014

48 by helennaaj »»
Sep 24, 2022 2:47 PM

Poll: » Who Is Your Favorite Character?

TragicRomance - Jun 20, 2014

18 by Kasu-chan90 »»
Jun 29, 2022 8:24 PM

» Kamigami No Asobi Season 2 ??

KazukiMakoto - Sep 23, 2014

21 by Kasu-chan90 »»
Jun 29, 2022 8:14 PM

» Anime like Kamigami no asobi

Dingdoong - Jun 24, 2022

2 by SherlyCat25 »»
Jun 24, 2022 7:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.