Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 3, 2014 11:42 PM

Apr 2013
What are the chances of when one is losing, they gonna sprout crap and Destiny Draw happens?
Tama will be fun to watch cause semi-psycho girl.
Apr 3, 2014 11:57 PM
Apr 2012
I'm getting an Accel World, Fate/Zero, [C] Control and Yu-gi-oh vibe from this. That's not necessarily a bad thing, besides it's only the first episode and Wixoss could go in any direction after this premiere.
In any case, I'll be keeping a close eye on this.
Apr 4, 2014 12:51 AM

Jun 2012
This will either end up ok-ish or terribad.
Apr 4, 2014 12:58 AM

Jan 2009
It was fine... I guess? I'll watch few more episodes before I drop it.
Apr 4, 2014 1:06 AM

Aug 2013
Not a bad start. Looking forward to the next episode. Still wondering how the battle mechanics goes though in this anime. However, I do believe that card games anime adaptation are not for everybody.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2014 1:22 AM

Jun 2009
not bad will keep watching.

as long as it doesnt get too yu gi oh :)
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Apr 4, 2014 1:45 AM

Oct 2013
Not bad, it was ok for me... am I the only one who finds Tama's voice really annoying ?
Apr 4, 2014 1:50 AM

Nov 2013
This was very interesting, I don't like the VA for Ruuko for some reason. Not much else to say about this show... 4/5
Psychological shows are hit or miss for me, I'll try not to get my hopes up so as not to be disappointed by this.
Apr 4, 2014 1:55 AM

Mar 2012
I really doubt this show will get too heavily into the game mechanics. It's probably going down the Madoka route of cute girls falling into despair. With Mari Okada at the helm you know that drama will be the primary focus.

So watch this if you're looking for a Madoka like show and not if you're looking for a battle game show.
Apr 4, 2014 2:12 AM

Sep 2008
Dropped.... that's what i would say if it wasnt for thet evil smile on tama's face XD
that evil aura that one can feel, it might get interesting =D
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Apr 4, 2014 2:21 AM

Apr 2012
Esclair said:
I really doubt this show will get too heavily into the game mechanics. It's probably going down the Madoka route of cute girls falling into despair. With Mari Okada at the helm you know that drama will be the primary focus.

So watch this if you're looking for a Madoka like show and not if you're looking for a battle game show.

I like both Madoka and game-based shows, just wish they'd cover the basic rules. I'd gotten used to that from yugioh.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Apr 4, 2014 2:24 AM

Jan 2013
japan needs to stop adapting these bullshit card games into anime lol :D

seems like a pretty mediocre-bad show...but that was to be expected
Apr 4, 2014 3:05 AM

Aug 2011
Usually I don't really like card games anime. The first episode was fine I guess. I'll watch a fex more to see if I do like it or no. I don't want to judge an anime just watching the first episode. Sometimes you need some time untl the show goes better.
Apr 4, 2014 3:22 AM

Jun 2013
It's like Yu-Gi-Oh! and Busou Shinki had a baby I swear. Madoka probably mingled in their affair somewhere along the way also.
Apr 4, 2014 3:32 AM
May 2013
Oh God yes!

For the first twon minutes or so watching this I was thinking "OK, I don't care if I end up hating every other show that I watch on Fridays this season, just let the ONE psychological show from this season be good!"

And I'd say 3 minutes in, I realized how great of a vibe the show gave me. Specifically, the Magica Madoka vibe.

And yet it does so much to differentiate itself from Magica Madoka, with the fact that death(at least so far) doesn't seem to be a factor, alongside the fact that if you lose 3 times, you just don't get your wish.

And of course, the main character is just as captivating as Madoka, but she doesn't seem anywhere near as clueless.

Oh, and I also thought it gave off a Mirai Nikki vibe as well for a bit, but again, no deaths, you just don't have your dreams come true.

Oh, and on a side note, if I'm wrong, and there actually another psychological show form this season, can someone point me towards it please?

Edit: Oh, and I forgot to say this. I've been trying to broaden my horizons with anime, and now I'm watching a card based anime, so yay me!
---

I'm really into anime, but I don't have many people to talk about it with reguarly. So please, add me on AIM: Superrpgman2003 or Skype:Superrpgman. Or just send me a private message here.
Apr 4, 2014 3:46 AM

Feb 2012
No high expectations but it was quite enjoyable!

I liked how the main character's name was introduced (first you see the last name from mailbox and then first name from her door's nameplate), that was pretty cool.

I like the character designs and voices. The main character is really cute.

Noticed the 'Psychological' -genre tag and judging from the trailer, this can get pretty interesting. I'll try first few episodes to see if it's worth following whole series personally.
Apr 4, 2014 4:14 AM

Aug 2013
It totally gave off that Madoka vibe. I liked Madoka so hopefully this turns out well too.

Interesting how Ruko immediately learned how to play. Kazuki only taught her how to attack but she figured out how to do the other stuff by herself. Must have read the manual off-screen :p That or they're going to tell us Tama the little psycho and Ruko are now linked.

Why am I getting last boss vibes from Grandma?
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 4, 2014 4:22 AM

Aug 2013
Jeepum- said:
am I the only one who finds Tama's voice really annoying ?

^Of course not?

Well, so far I'm disappointed with the cute stuff and the stupid incest wish.
I'm just gonna stick around because of the psychological tag.
Apr 4, 2014 4:26 AM

Apr 2011
Not fantastic, but not terrible either. Somewhere along the middle, just above a 6 right now. We'll see how this goes, I'll give it 2 more episodes to show me what it's trying to be.

P.S. The OP is fantastic.
Apr 4, 2014 5:03 AM

Jan 2008
Okay, I don't have any reasons to drop it at this moment. My only chargrin is the main character combo - girl with no impact on whatever, be it talking or breathing, and her pocket loli which LITERALLY acts like a cute animal. Blargh, I just CAN SEE how they will become my favourite characters, gee -.- Well, main characters are almost always like this, so I'll get used to them (and maybe Ruko will pleasantly surprise me, who knows, altough not putting my hopes up for that). It's not that 2edgy4u for now, second girl's motivation interests me - yeah, I thought about incest too, but then I took of my Anime Glasses and thought that maybe he's terminally ill? Okay two more episodes for me, let's see if its worth its salt.

PS. Yazuki is cool, I like him.
Apr 4, 2014 5:03 AM

Mar 2009
It's pretty horrible, gonna continue watching anyways.

So you can have your wishes fullfilled if you win at this game and that other girl just wants a boyfriend?
*sigh*
Anime.
Apr 4, 2014 5:09 AM

Apr 2011
Vudis said:
It's pretty horrible, gonna continue watching anyways.

So you can have your wishes fullfilled if you win at this game and that other girl just wants a boyfriend?
*sigh*
Anime.

I think it's more than just a boyfriend. You see, Kazuki is her twin brother.
Apr 4, 2014 5:25 AM

Mar 2009
That explains it.
Did they say that he was in the first episode? I probbaly completely missed that since I wasn't really paying attention.
Apr 4, 2014 5:26 AM

Apr 2011
Vudis said:
That explains it.
Did they say that he was in the first episode? I probbaly completely missed that since I wasn't really paying attention.

Yeah, she mentions it at around the 19th minute.
Apr 4, 2014 6:08 AM

Jan 2012
I wonder how the 'selectors' are chosen... and why would they grant wishes...

Anyway for now it's good imo :)
Apr 4, 2014 7:22 AM

Nov 2012
uhh, it's alright i guess. let's see how this continues..
Apr 4, 2014 8:03 AM

Jun 2011
Good concept, decent first half. I had a few problems with the second half, but whatever, twincest ftw. Will continue watching, but I don't see how this is going to be solved in 12 episodes, I feel like the building Ru-chan was talking about with her grandma will be relevant.

ED is fine, but I am bored of the OP already.

Edit: Can't wait for that KugiRie character called Urisu. ^^
ToG25thBaamApr 4, 2014 8:07 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 4, 2014 8:13 AM

May 2012
Not bad. I think I will continue watching it. I want to know what Suzuki wish is

Currently, I think Blade and Soul is the best anime in this season. So far.
thepathApr 4, 2014 12:02 PM
Apr 4, 2014 9:44 AM

Apr 2013
I'm getting real sick of brother complex. Really.
It was not what I was expecting at all... But I have a kinda Madoka vibe for this one.
Apr 4, 2014 9:52 AM

Mar 2012
Good start of the spring season so far. Really cute, but hope it gets really dark and depressing later on. This could really become Madoka of card games; having high hopes for this anime.
Apr 4, 2014 10:34 AM

Sep 2013
Yuzuki will die, best girl always dies, f*** , someone will blackmail her about her brother (who will act like a p*ssy) and kill her or she will kill herself, I will hate whoever does it, it's gonna be sad when she dies, I will cry :(
Apr 4, 2014 10:54 AM

Dec 2013
I really can't say anything about this.... yet. Aside from intriguing.... I guess? I like that the director from Steins Gate and J.C. Staff are attached to this project, but aside from that this is a "wait and see"
A Wolf Runs Free.

To Dream the Impossible Dream.

Skip Beat is the only Idol Anime I will ever enjoy
Apr 4, 2014 11:06 AM

Feb 2014
well, another card game, i'm not really into this things but it seems interesting since all the player is girl. so this is card battle with one avatar card and the other is just equipment and skill cards to do some attack ?
Apr 4, 2014 11:18 AM

May 2011
A promising beginning, lets see how this develops. :)
Apr 4, 2014 11:33 AM

Oct 2011
I wonder who will die by episode 3 0____0
Apr 4, 2014 11:36 AM
May 2013
i wonder what really happen after 3 loses ?P
will they die too, or will it be more like Mai hime wheren the beloved or somtehing lke that dies.
Apr 4, 2014 11:37 AM

Mar 2014
This series is giving off a very dark, psychological vibe to me and I don't know why..

OP was meh. Liked the ED. Overall, the episode was alright.

Will definitely stay for the twincest woop.

7/10
Apr 4, 2014 11:54 AM

Nov 2008
Definitely has potential of a dark series along with some cgdct. The lack of male protagonist is a plus for this kind of series.
Apr 4, 2014 12:01 PM

Jul 2013
Choo Choo no one can stop the incest train.

Honestly though, I don't think everyone featured in OP will survive this series.
Apr 4, 2014 12:10 PM

Dec 2013
The only way I'll keep watching this if it takes a sinister turn ala Madoka in the next few episodes.
Apr 4, 2014 12:38 PM

Nov 2013
Nice to see everyone going in with their prejudices at large ^^ I mean, look at the MAL score after one episode. Makes me lol.

Anyways, its looking nice to me so far. Seems like we won't get to know the game itself ;/
And outside interference is some very broad definition of escaping a loss, huh.
Apr 4, 2014 12:49 PM

Oct 2012
It was an interesting start. Girl in love with her twin(?) I like the card character designs.

Im kinda looking forward to more the darker parts of the story :)
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Apr 4, 2014 12:53 PM

Dec 2008
Is Yuzuku's wish to make her twin brother her boyfriend? No matter. She's going to be the first to die for trying to fight dirty against Ruko.

A decent 1st episode. It's gotten me interested.

Sent with Mal Updater
Hannah_AnaApr 4, 2014 1:11 PM
Apr 4, 2014 1:01 PM
Oct 2011
No interest in this show. I'm afraid I'll have to drop this. Even though I was looking forward to it, the card game aspect was more boring than expected.
Apr 4, 2014 1:42 PM

Apr 2010
The idea behind this anime isn't new what is new is the setting or better said the feelings and the course of the episode.
The beginning felt pretty dark while a little on it felt depressive and towards the end things looked a bit more cheery but that the preview which again looked somewhat dark.
I think this anime could turn out to be something nice the way it currently looks.
Guess i will stick with it for the time being.
Apr 4, 2014 1:44 PM

Feb 2014
Hopefully they will explain the rules in a bit more detail next time. Other than that it's Yu-Gi-Oh's shadow duels with a moe spin. And I'm fine with that, as long as the matches are tactical and exciting with a lot of surprises.

Also, for some reason I thought this was going to be horror after seeing the preview. xD
Just sit back, and let your tears do the talking as I save you.
Apr 4, 2014 1:49 PM

Jan 2008
Tama is annoying, the story is rushed and I really don't see, how it could turn into anything intersting for me. Uhm, no, thank you, dropped.
-
Apr 4, 2014 1:56 PM

Jan 2011
Heh, this is not a card game show. I doubt we'll get much more information about the way the actual card-game is supposedly played. They didn't even describe or really show the two cards drawn in the battle. If it was about the cards we'd have gotten a much more detailed description of them and something about the mechanics of the regular game. I suspect the battles are basically the Avatars clashing in combat, and whatever strength they have doesn't come from the supplementary cards, but comes from the Selectors themselves. Three losses means the Selector is drained....and discarded.

What we're probably going to get is a much darker story about what it is that is driving the girls to do this, for example was Yuzuki chosen as a Selector because she had this desperate (and forbidden) love for her brother that could only come to fruition through a miracle of some sort? Will all the other girls have something similar driving them? The cards are just a gimmick, the real story will be to what desperate lengths the girls are pushed by their desires. And despite Kazuki's attempt to introduce the concept of sportsmanship and fairness during that battle, there will be blood...
rodacApr 4, 2014 2:00 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 4, 2014 2:52 PM

Nov 2012
Is this gonna be a pretentiously dark version of Fantasista Doll?
Looks pretty average so far.
Apr 4, 2014 3:58 PM

Mar 2012
It seems to be like Yu-Gi-Oh or other card game, but probably better.

Let's see its development to the end.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

250 by JustHarris34 »»
Feb 13, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

272 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 10:58 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

97 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 8:23 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

82 by Myabyelo789N »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:26 PM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2014

150 by yhagni »»
Aug 11, 2022 11:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.