Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 14, 2013 3:39 PM

Jul 2012
This episode was just pure greatness!!!

GREAT EPISODE!!!
Sep 14, 2013 6:44 PM

Nov 2012
AWESOME EPISODE!
best episode so far..
damn that ending! XD finally can se utsutsu henshin :3 it is awesome
OD I really wanted to see OD now! XD
Sep 14, 2013 8:37 PM

May 2011
neontaster said:
I added a caption just because it really needs one:

http://i.minus.com/i9ZKArcn1bh9t.gif

Great!! thanks ^^ This keeps getting better and better, looking forward to the last episode!!!
Sep 14, 2013 8:47 PM

Apr 2011
LOVED IT SO MUCH!!!

It was great! Utsu-tsu's transformation was fantastic. I've been waiting for it since the first ep. The episode in general kept me on the edge of the chair.
Sep 14, 2013 10:49 PM

Sep 2013
This was a particularly good episode. The series seems to be building toward a plot climax, but I can't predict precisely what will happen in the remaining episodes. This unpredictability is one of my favorite aspects of the series, and a great deal of uncertainty remains, even at this late stage.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Sep 15, 2013 1:02 AM

Nov 2012
awesome! and that music wow! that's dope its so cool!

“Fools who don’t respect the past are likely to repeat it.” – Nico Robin
Sep 15, 2013 6:15 AM

Feb 2011
Utsu-tsu's transformed form is quiet cool, that 2 hand!!!! finally it was shown!!!! Can't wait to see O.D's form!!! This episode was definitely fantastic with so much action... I just can't wait to see next episode.
Sep 15, 2013 9:01 AM

Oct 2009
This was fantastic! Surprised how good this show turned so good!
upuped to 9/10
Sep 15, 2013 11:35 AM

Oct 2012
Loved how Katze got all serious all of sudden. OH SNAP!
Sep 15, 2013 11:38 AM

Sep 2013
Great episode, I want the Gatchaman to beat Berge Katse into submission but I have a feeling that won't be the case. Hajime will probably beat him with kindness or OD will spread his wings.
Sep 15, 2013 12:07 PM

Oct 2011
EPIC!!!!!!!!!! Heart pumping. Can't wait for the next episode
Sep 15, 2013 1:17 PM

Nov 2011
I noticed in this episode that Hajime's "ssu" affectation is actually written with a katakana ス (or also っス) instead of being written です and pronounced "ssu." Is that just a stylistic choice or is it like onomatopoeia in manga?
Sep 15, 2013 2:43 PM

Jun 2012
Things really heated up, lots of fighting now.

Sep 15, 2013 10:41 PM

Aug 2012
though there are many better series out there than this one, i must admit this ep was made of pure awesomeness. If only OD could join them in that final scene..

Little Sugane kinda reminded me of Pharos from Persona 3, might be because of that hair and striped clothes

i wonder who's that guy that talked to Joe while carrying an old lady? Did he make an appearance before this episode?

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Sep 16, 2013 12:30 AM
Jan 2011
OMG! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TQ
Sep 17, 2013 5:32 AM

Apr 2013
This may have already been said, but maybe OD transforms into the Phoenix...
Sep 18, 2013 6:17 AM

Apr 2008
I want to see OD in action so bad, yet I'm not prepared for what "spreading his wing" may cost. what if someone I care for die ;-;
Sep 18, 2013 8:03 PM

Oct 2012
OST = earsex. Nuff said

Joe you badass. Shota Sugane is adorable.

hajime-chan~! Utsutsu lemme love you like you're so adorable AF like shsbjdnjnsdk

OD turning badass

PaiPai becoming awesome

5/5

#1 anime of the season
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Sep 19, 2013 6:35 AM

Sep 2012
This is a very very very good episode and it is not just because there is a lot of action in it and full of epic moments, but also how the screenplay and directing show us several things in development and convey a keen sense of showdown and how it affects everyone. The last scene when all the Gatchaman gather in a circle and camera spin around them is full of awesomeness, but I also like the following:

- how the principle followed in the early part of series (attack not to eliminate but to co-opt it) being applied here again
- the funny moment when the prime minster wants to raise alarm about mysterious beings moving around while everybody just ignores him and keenly discusses evacuation plan
- how the prime minster shows more than one dimensions: He may be a derp who cares too little about real action and too much about his status, but he can also be frank about his frustration about the limit he faces and he can also be flexible to allow emergency plan to go ahead. I particularly like how he stressed it is not an attack mission and no one should be hurt. This shows he indeed cares about his people while also wants law to be followed.
- how Utsutsu get awesome with her attack and yet show her gentler healing side.
- how PaiPai finally knows why he wants to protect this planet and gets real awesome
- the flashback between Jo and Sugane and how this proved to be the trigger for Jo's revival
- how the adults in the community from the soldier woman to the police woman to the mayor and fire chief work together to solve an emergency in the neighborhood. It gives the anime a social vector, that it is not just about a few aliens and a few kids but willing and caring grown-ups to take leadership to do what they can and should do.

In the next episode Katze is likely to be drawn in, and get his hand dirty, since NeoHundred seem to be on the verge of being pushed back. OD will also get involved as the flag has been set for him to do so. Yet I believe Hajime will prevent everything to reach a bad end, and the final showdown may well be quite different from the standard good vs evil epic battle. I still think that at the end Katze will be tamed not defeated which would give a consistent message for the series : conflict can be resolved by something other than you-dead-I-live zero-sum confrontation in violence, which is the standard approach for most of the sentai or shounen battle stuff.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 19, 2013 11:50 AM

Jul 2012
Wow, this episode was awesome. Everyone panicking? Don worry just stay calm and gatcha! Jou definitely stole the show for me.

The more episodes I see of this the closer it gets to be my AOTS. Last two episodes will dictate it for me.
Sep 21, 2013 1:35 AM

Jul 2008
Now that is how you do a team fight right.

Pa-Pai FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT!!!! HELL YEAH!

The only thing you can really say about this episode is....

BIRD-OOOOOOOUU!!!!! GOOOOOOO!!!!!
Sep 24, 2013 5:00 AM

May 2012
00:40 lol @ chikan

Baado, Goo!
Gotcha! Gotcha! Gaccha! Gaccha!
Nice episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 26, 2013 1:37 PM
Feb 2013
Oh boy, Why can Rui just dress up as a guy?
Oct 2, 2013 9:57 AM

Jul 2010
Joe best character. Just saying.
That Gatcha pose at the end was fabulous.
Oct 7, 2013 12:32 PM

May 2012
Things are getting down lets see what's next!
Oct 19, 2013 8:10 AM

Jun 2008
So why are they calling themselves neo-hundred when they are 20 something thousand? If they where 100 then the fight would have been over already with how many we saw taken.

Anyway at least the whole procession Hajime made has put some resolve in that cowardly Panda.
Nov 8, 2013 6:14 AM

Oct 2012
Aw, Crowds as a tool to molest?

Utsutsu's gatcha!!! xD

Jou-san is back!!!
Gatcha!
Wow minus O.D..
I want to see O.D in his Gatcha form

Monad said:
So why are they calling themselves neo-hundred when they are 20 something thousand? If they where 100 then the fight would have been over already with how many we saw taken.

Anyway at least the whole procession Hajime made has put some resolve in that cowardly Panda.

Don't worry about small matters xD
Aw, PaiPai is adorable you know.. Especially PaiPai's seiyuu!!
"Signature removed"
Nov 26, 2013 5:04 AM
May 2012
Damn, X's voice is so cute :3

Utsutsu's gatchaman form is so awesome. I want to see OD's gatchaman form too!!!

This episode is really good, I'm glad that Pai Pai and Jou decided to finally join them :D

"Are you the devil???" I laughed at that line ahahaha. Now you understand.

Last 2 episodes!!!!! I hope that it will satisfy me :3
Dec 6, 2013 5:43 AM

May 2013
Very good episode
Dec 9, 2013 6:27 AM

Sep 2012
Great episode, definitely got me pumped up,

watching Joe san return back,

and even Pai Pai swallowing his fear and stepping up.

Katze is soo fucking annoying,
its like he wanted things to go well for half the day, then decides to start fuckn shit up again,

really hope the Gatcha will kick his ass, even the CROWDS/
Dec 19, 2013 7:05 PM
Jul 2018

Finally we already saw Utsutsu's Bird! And Jou's back. :3 O.D. is the only one left who haven't transformed. Can't wait. >_<
Dec 26, 2013 2:26 PM

Jan 2012
OH GOD THIS EPISODE WAS AMAZING. THAT END >___<
It was screaming amazingness >_______________<
Dec 28, 2013 8:46 PM

Jan 2010
best episode so far
jou is back!
utsutsu has finally transformed! now OD's turn...
i dont even feel bad for umeda, i feel bad for his family, because now theyre gonna get attacked because he was being an ass
Dec 30, 2013 8:03 AM

Mar 2012
Wow, 10 episodes and finally we got so legit action, thank goodness. However, I'm beginning to feel like Hajime's incongruous nature might be more than just characterization...I won't ruin anything but there's a lot of hints that point to something very weird. Honestly, she's a walking plot device and it's bothered me for some time now. Also, why can't she see Katze I wonder? I really hope it's not some lame reason like she's immune to him cause she's so perfect or something, I REALLY want to like Hajime, I just am set to have a legit reason to do so
---
Twitter: @JusticeSoulTuna
Wordpress: JusticeSoulTuna
Youtube: JusticeSoulTuna
I'm literally JST everywhere
Jan 6, 2014 5:15 AM

May 2013
Dat freakin' OST.

Berg-Katze is still using the Crowds to cause chaos, but this time Umeda is regretting his decision.

Utsu-tsu finally transformed! (^_^)
Joe is too badass. He lit his cigarette with his own power.
Pai-pai being heroic is too awesome.

Dat ending pose. The Gatchaman are ready to protect the Earth. Just wondering when OD will finally transform. But then again, that could destroy the entire world.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jan 7, 2014 2:33 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Why is it that in anime, politicians are always depicted as spineless ignorant cowards? It's just so clichee.

As always, I'm waiting for OD to give us what I hope will be a splendid transformation.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 18, 2014 8:10 AM

Jul 2013
Best episode EVAARR!! Finally, we have the action scenes~ The ending of this episode was amazing!
Jan 23, 2014 2:34 AM

Dec 2010
Umada was an obvious fool from the beginning. He deserves what's coming, though his family does not.

Finally, Joe's back, the show is perfect once more.

This anime brings back "Heroes" as both genre and ideal in such a good way, I'd give it a bonus point just for this.
May 8, 2014 2:32 PM
Apr 2014
Those transforming CROWDS reminded me so much of Dog Days' >.< So much character development! Sugane being awesome, Jou back in the ring (the faces of his coworkers xD) so awesome) and Pai Pai finally stepping up as leader. And finally Utsutsu transformed :D Meanwhile the kids were organizing the defense of the city while mr. prime minister was being a major dick. Hope he gets better :p Also hoping for Umane to improve, because he's getting pretty pathetic. Also still waiting for JJ, and we still don't know what the disaster was they mentioned at the beginning. Two episodes left...
UnleashTheGoatMay 8, 2014 2:35 PM
"Though mountains crack, and ice will thaw

Though walls will fall, to tooth and claw

Though stars will fade, and shadow spread

On the heights we stood, with iron red.

And as they died, they killed the dead.
Aug 4, 2014 12:39 AM
Aug 2013
I LOVE THIS EPISODE!!! There are so many teary/moments and awesome moments there

Utsutsu's gatchaman looks really cooollll!!!! >.< it's so colorful!! That shout she did during her first attack was hilarious though

No wonder they want to eliminate the PM -_-

360 degree shot of Hero-ness
btw where are the other gatchamen?? they dead or something??

my vocabulary is limited to cool and the like
Sep 21, 2014 8:31 PM

Feb 2013
We finally get to see Utstsu transform! Looks cool! I love how everybody got together at the end there. Really cool!
Dec 14, 2014 9:21 PM
Jun 2013
so we find out why the prime minister is so lame. It was also nice that we finally got to see utsu transformation.Looks like things are going down with only two episodes left I wonder how they will wrap things up.
Jan 17, 2015 1:21 PM
Jan 2012
Utsutsu finally transformed, yay! I am not a big fan of how her Gatcha form looks like, though. Paipai went berserk to protect the kids, how cute! And Joe is back, loved to see the surprised faces of his co-workers when they saw him transforming! :) The ending was so great, with all of them transformed, except O.D, of course.

The prime minister and Dumbeda are so lame, though!

This anime is really good.
Mar 27, 2015 3:53 PM

Jun 2014
Utsutu's Gatcha was so kuwaii. Yes the crew has assembled!! Time to go bananas!!

Jul 16, 2015 3:23 AM
Jan 2010
Why do they go out of their way to not harm the crowds again? They're terrorists, they should be killed on sight.
Oct 18, 2015 1:43 PM

Feb 2015
Boy... this episode's got me hyped up.

I really want to see O.D's transformation... even if it means everything dies.
Dec 29, 2015 6:41 PM

Sep 2014
Damn I'm so pumped!
Sep 11, 2017 4:13 PM

Jan 2014
Welp, chaos brings change, at least. Whether that's good or bad just depends. I loved that final scene this episode when the ED song started playing, it hits you in a "something tragic will happen" kind of way.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 1, 2018 10:25 AM

Mar 2017
Damn, that was powerful. "You're afraid of losing everything, so you end up doing nothing at all." That rings true for so many things in my life, and probably connects with others as well.
Dec 26, 2019 4:08 AM

Jul 2016
neonBdragon said:
This episode was just pure greatness!!!

GREAT EPISODE!!!

I siagree...

Still no OD...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Jul 12, 2013

299 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 7, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

122 by CartoonVelocirap »»
Dec 14, 2023 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

VioLink - Sep 27, 2013

213 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 19, 2023 4:49 AM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

93 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 19, 2023 2:31 AM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2013

128 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 16, 2023 3:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.