Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »
Jul 1, 2013 7:23 PM

Apr 2008
EarlCiel said:
Darklight0303 said:
Zeally said:
i'm sensing some homolust between eren and levi i'm just sayin
Take the fujoshi glasses off =_=

Nope, it's definitely there. Take off your own glasses (I'm assuming you wear them because you don't seem to see it),
switch them for a second, and take a good long look. It's a whole new world.

The only thing there is the delusions of fangirls who think that beating someone up = a confession of love. Sickos
Jul 1, 2013 7:36 PM

Nov 2010
Darklight0303 said:
EarlCiel said:
Darklight0303 said:
Zeally said:

Nope, it's definitely there. Take off your own glasses (I'm assuming you wear them because you don't seem to see it),

The only thing there is the delusions of fangirls who think that beating someone up = a confession of love. Sickos
That's actually a common way to show affection. Young kids especially do that, a girl will tease the boy she actually likes and vice versa. Who's to say some of that doesn't stay as you grow older. Adults are the ones into BDSM.
Jul 1, 2013 8:28 PM

Jun 2009
This is getting even worse, 3 minutes of fucking recap this week.
Jul 1, 2013 8:30 PM

Jan 2012
Anne asking for forgiveness... ¬¬
Jul 1, 2013 9:38 PM

Feb 2012
newFlavor said:
jon214thab said:
I found it strange that Jean's gear broke and then when he goes to replace it, the latches are extremely hard to undo as well as him making a comment on the firing mechanism being unusually hard to operate.

Anyone else?

Awesome episode
Strange as in what?
My guesses, but maybe:

1. the military has QC issue with the equipments (3DMG ; also refer to Eren during training)
2. the reason why each soldier has their own set of gear (is that the case? )
3. they want to show Jean's 3DMG handling skill by giving only one wire for him to use as anchor? seeing that normally people use two wires for anchoring.

Some good guesses there.

Just stuck me as weird that he would get 2 defective things like that in a row.
Jul 1, 2013 9:42 PM
May 2012
Darklight0303 said:
Scryper said:
Tengai said:
Scryper said:
This episode is so awesome and I didn't expect that the ost will be this amazing, i can't get over with it

yeah expect the unexpected this anime is AWESOME

Yeah right.

I can't wait to watch you eat those words

ME TOO CAN'T FUCKING WAIT
TengaiJul 1, 2013 9:46 PM
Jul 1, 2013 9:54 PM
Jul 2012
jon214thab said:
newFlavor said:
jon214thab said:
I found it strange that Jean's gear broke and then when he goes to replace it, the latches are extremely hard to undo as well as him making a comment on the firing mechanism being unusually hard to operate.

Anyone else?

Awesome episode
Strange as in what?
My guesses, but maybe:

1. the military has QC issue with the equipments (3DMG ; also refer to Eren during training)
3. they want to show Jean's 3DMG handling skill by giving only one wire for him to use as anchor? seeing that normally people use two wires for anchoring.

Some good guesses there.

So no one has pointed it out yet?

The Colossal and Armor Titan are just like Eren (but on the Titan's side)

the Colossal showed up after the Elite Corps were far enough from the Wall to not be a problem.

He used that steam cloud as cover to run away right before Eren could Kill him, but when you think about the only way he could to that would be with a maneuvering gear. . . you know the ones that only soldiers have access to. . .

And five years ago, after the first attack, with all that chaos and death I don't think they would have been able to properly keep track of something like census. . . so it would have been the right time for a couple (or a hand full) of 'outsiders' to take residence inside the Walls. . . Fuck the Titans are a lot smarter than they thought.
Jul 1, 2013 10:00 PM

Apr 2010
OneWhoReadsBooks said:
jon214thab said:
newFlavor said:
jon214thab said:

Anyone else?

Awesome episode
Strange as in what?
My guesses, but maybe:

Some good guesses there.

the Colossal showed up after the Elite Corps were far enough from the Wall to not be a problem.

He used that steam cloud as cover to run away right before Eren could Kill him, but when you think about the only way he could to that would be with a maneuvering gear. . . you know the ones that only soldiers have access to. . .

And five years ago, after the first attack, with all that chaos and death I don't think they would have been able to properly keep track of something like census. . . so it would have been the right time for a couple (or a hand full) of 'outsiders' to take residence inside the Walls. . . Fuck the Titans are a lot smarter than they thought.

One of them is probably Levi, he has that villainous look to him.
Jul 1, 2013 10:25 PM

Dec 2012
antonn said:
OneWhoReadsBooks said:
jon214thab said:
newFlavor said:
jon214thab said:

Anyone else?

Awesome episode
Strange as in what?
My guesses, but maybe:

Some good guesses there.

One of them is probably Levi, he has that villainous look to him.

The other is Eren's father - had an injection with him, mhm.
Jul 1, 2013 11:03 PM

Sep 2012
Tengai said:
Darklight0303 said:
Scryper said:
Tengai said:
Scryper said:
This episode is so awesome and I didn't expect that the ost will be this amazing, i can't get over with it

yeah expect the unexpected this anime is AWESOME

Yeah right.

I can't wait to watch you eat those words

ME TOO CAN'T FUCKING WAIT

Just calm down and let's wait together.
Jul 1, 2013 11:05 PM
Dec 2012
Omg finally attack on Titan is as good as it was <3
Jul 2, 2013 1:54 AM

Mar 2012
LOL this show is starting to get so bad...

I can't believe they actually had Eren give a speech about why he fights directly after Armin gave a speech about why he fights, directly after 12 episodes of Eren screaming at the top of his lungs to everyone who will listen about why he fights.

This shouldn't be called Attack on Titan, this should be called: Why Eren Jaegar Fights!

I mean, when you've gotten to the point where the mindless (and really bad in this episode) action is the best thing you've got going... then you've definitely done something very, very wrong.
Let's go bowling.
Jul 2, 2013 2:36 AM
May 2012
StopDropAndBowl said:
LOL this show is starting to get so bad...

I can't believe they actually had Eren give a speech about why he fights directly after Armin gave a speech about why he fights, directly after 12 episodes of Eren screaming at the top of his lungs to everyone who will listen about why he fights.

This shouldn't be called Attack on Titan, this should be called: Why Eren Jaegar Fights!

I mean, when you've gotten to the point where the mindless (and really bad in this episode) action is the best thing you've got going... then you've definitely done something very, very wrong.

lol. I agree, This show is starting to get very bad. Still this episode was much better than the last few episodes.

Overrated anime really.
Jul 2, 2013 2:38 AM
Mar 2013
was a hell episode ♥
Jul 2, 2013 3:44 AM

Nov 2012
just start the next arc already,
don't drag it hell too much,
I'm disappointed in you Wit/IG or whoever dafuq it is
Jul 2, 2013 4:22 AM

May 2013
jon214thab said:

Anyone else?

Awesome episode

I don't. The person was dead. It makes sense that someone who died would also have malfunctioning 3d gear.
Jul 2, 2013 4:43 AM

Jan 2013
Pipoko said:
Fasces349 said:
antonn said:
Fasces349 said:
Am I the only one who didn't like all the changes made in this compared to the manga? They totally ruined Annies character.

wat?

Spoilers up to chapter 42 of the manga:

The apology is there in the manga, the corpse is even seen to be Mina's(at least seems most likely to be Mina looking at it). The only thing different from the manga is the filler with Connie, Marco and Annie helping Jean. That and some of the Jean stuff was skipped, but that's probably placed somewhere else, like the scene with Marco that was originally in the flashback.
It's not Mina, she's been dead since before Eren got eaten by that random titan.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jul 2, 2013 4:45 AM
Sep 2012
Cabron said:
Pipoko said:
Fasces349 said:
antonn said:
Fasces349 said:
Am I the only one who didn't like all the changes made in this compared to the manga? They totally ruined Annies character.

wat?

The apology is there in the manga, the corpse is even seen to be Mina's(at least seems most likely to be Mina looking at it). The only thing different from the manga is the filler with Connie, Marco and Annie helping Jean. That and some of the Jean stuff was skipped, but that's probably placed somewhere else, like the scene with Marco that was originally in the flashback.
It's not Mina, she's been dead since they started fighting.

That still might be her corpse, remember the titans throw up everything they eat. Most fans seem to think that, so I'm going by that, though not really sure, could be just some random corpse, too, it's too vague to tell.
PipokoJul 2, 2013 4:49 AM
Jul 2, 2013 4:49 AM

Jan 2013
Pipoko said:
Cabron said:
Pipoko said:
Fasces349 said:
antonn said:
Fasces349 said:

wat?

That still might be her corpse(most fans seem to think that) - remember the titans throw up everything they eat.
Yes, but when the titans throw up what they eat, isn't it suppose to be in a ball?

Jul 2, 2013 4:51 AM
Sep 2012
Cabron said:

Actually, now that I think about it wasn't she eaten by the kawaii titan, which was later killed by Mikasa and Annie? So yeah, it's most likely not Mina's like some fans are speculating and you're right, too, it's a very small chance a Titan just eats one human and there's that thrown up mess, too.
PipokoJul 2, 2013 5:00 AM
Jul 2, 2013 5:33 AM

Apr 2009
You guys forget the fact that Titans don't take more than one bite. The moeoten put her head in his mouth and took a bite, then since that killed her didn't take another. Titans don't eat corpses.

That's why Marco was bitten in half but wasn't part of a pukeball.

In the manga it's very obviously Mina when you look at the wound, and consider the fact she was one of the very few people shown to somewhat know Annie, and thus get that kind of response from her.
Jul 2, 2013 6:38 AM

Sep 2011
Cabron said:
Pipoko said:
Cabron said:
Pipoko said:
Fasces349 said:
antonn said:
Fasces349 said:

wat?

That still might be her corpse(most fans seem to think that) - remember the titans throw up everything they eat.
Yes, but when the titans throw up what they eat, isn't it suppose to be in a ball?

I thought it was suppose to be a ball of slime
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jul 2, 2013 6:41 AM

Jan 2013
GodlyKyon said:
Cabron said:
Pipoko said:
Cabron said:
Pipoko said:
Fasces349 said:
antonn said:
Fasces349 said:

wat?

Yeah, if you want to be technical about it.

Jul 2, 2013 7:16 AM

Apr 2009
"The wings of freedom."

The Battle of Trost finally ends. Mankind's first victory over the titans, and no matter how big or small of a victory it is, its positive effect on everyone's morale is incalculable. Winning has become a reality for all of them. It was nice to see the look on everyone's faces once Eren sealed the broken gate. It's not without sacrifices though, and with this we lose another supporting character in Marco.

I find this episode satisfactory as one reader of the manga; most of the important stuff in this part made it to the adaptation, so nothing major to complain about except for the recap segments at the start that were used to pad the episode. In other news, I'd love to get more info on that OST...
Jul 2, 2013 7:22 AM

Apr 2008
SayakaMagica said:
"The wings of freedom."

The Battle of Trost finally ends. Mankind's first victory over the titans, and no matter how big or small of a victory it is, its positive effect on everyone's morale is incalculable. Winning has become a reality for all of them. It was nice to see the look on everyone's faces once Eren sealed the broken gate. It's not without sacrifices though, and with this we lose another supporting character in Marco.

I find this episode satisfactory as one reader of the manga; most of the important stuff in this part made it to the adaptation, so nothing major to complain about except for the recap segments at the start that were used to pad the episode. In other news, I'd love to get more info on that OST...

The ost is already out. Well the first one is
Jul 2, 2013 7:56 AM

Feb 2010
Darklight0303 said:
EarlCiel said:
Darklight0303 said:
Zeally said:

Umm, way to change the topic? First of all, calm down because I'm pretty sure you're getting more worked up about the fujoshis than the beatings. Don't accuse people of something they didn't say or do...and certainly don't call people "sickos" without giving a second thought about using that name. I first of all, was joking, but when did I ever say the two loved each other? If you go back and read her original post, I'm pretty sure there was no such thing written. By the way that happens later, and if you read the context, she was most likely talking about the scene when Levi came to the rescue. Or that prison cell scene where they interrogate him. I will now attempt to explore why on earth a girl would think there is love between the two...it's possible to find some reasons, but this goes to show you how they could have come to that conclusion (logically) and not only...out of lust? I don't know.

*attempting to initiate fangirl's point of view*

When you look at the scene where Rivaille is questioning Eren and what he wanted to do from now on, Levi saw that same strong desire to kill Titans inside of the boy's eyes, so the two share something that motivates their actions. They follow that same path in life. Eren respects Levi and his abilities, and Levi is the only one (according to him) who could control Eren if he goes berserk...so the positions the two are in could kind of give fujoshis hints to a relationship, which is no surprise.

Calm down. I'm not supporting the fangirls, but they can think whatever they want, and if anyone really advocates that the "relationship" between the two is love then they seriously must really be dreaming.

Not love or as you say a "confession of love". Now you can kind of see how fan girls would say "EREN NEEDS LEVI...AND LEVI NEEDS EREN! THEY'RE FATEDD!!" Except...that's kind of not love, at least not in my book.

Wow, I can't believe I actually wrote all this just to defend fangirls...well, there really isn't anything wrong with the things they post so you should really just leave them alone. I guess you must've flipped a switch by calling fan girls "sickos". Really? Let them think whatever they want, everyone has a different way of thinking and by arguing with them you aren't going to "change their minds" or anything. That...is all. o__o
Jul 2, 2013 10:33 AM

Jun 2007
Like someone on the other page mentioned, they broke the 3-min recap barrier with this ep. And there was me thinking a 2-min recap was bad enough... and right before a pointless recap ep, too. Gawd...

The planning for the pacing of this anime must've gone like this: "We need an extra minute taken off. Let's add and gradually extend recaps of nothing much to work with our lazy/cheap needs. This will also place emphasis on the brief moments of animation/ep11's 3DMG bit. PROBLEM SOLVED! Why bother breaking down the content into less/half the episodes and making shit fit? we so smart"

...Fucking idiots. THIS ISN'T NARUTO DURING THE ZABUZA ARC! They've been so busy faithfully adapting dialogue/extending chatter without motion/recapping before a recap episode that it's gotten harder and harder to be overjoyed by epic moments, such as Eren's walk, and easier just to read the manga with the soundtrack playing. And I'm SURE in the first half of the ep I spotted two parts where they put placeholders before adding animation on the DVD/Bluray releases (when Jean escaped w/ 3DMG, and when it showed Annie's face up close). Not good.

I didn't pay much heed to talk of Shingeki being too faithful when the first 3vols of the manga can be blazed through in intense-exciting fashion, but it's true. I remember reading v1-3 and being on the edge of my seat; face glued to screen. But these last 3 or 4 episodes have mostly been an endurance test. They've obviously fucked up for it to have gone from excitement to boredom.
Jul 2, 2013 11:14 AM
Jul 2018
this anime is incredible! i really like the series, there is so perfect action, i was watching t without blinking.
and, yeh, rip all the soldiers.

looking forward to the next episode. it's a pitty that w should wait 2 weeks...
Jul 2, 2013 11:20 AM

Jan 2011
This show's quality has dropped dramatically. I liked this episode but the first ones were much much better. It's a pity, because I really love this anime. I hope the next arc will be better. IMO too many fillers, recaps, unnecessary (and repetitive) dialogs and forced flashbacks right in the middle of nowhere.
Jul 2, 2013 5:51 PM

May 2013
Ragix said:
zellami said:
Arete7 said:
If Armin is so smart, why did he not tell Eren to roll the giant boulder (aka stone ball) instead of literally crushing his face and arms carrying it lol. It did look alot more badass but always funny when things like this happen in anime.

The original plan was to divert the attention of the giants as long as possible (meaning to be less noticeable as possible). They desperately bet on Eren's strength in carrying it and even jerking it as far as he can, while the Elite Squad is to protect him from the other titans. Anyway, carrying it seems faster.

Carrying it is not only faster, but dude it's a fucking boulder, not a rubber ball. It wouldn't be so simple to just roll a giant boulder around, especially traversing it through the town with so much crap in the way.

lol are you slow? Dude learn simple physics. Anything is easier to roll as long as its round then it is to carry, the weight doesn't matter. Nor the material unless it's super adhesive. And as anyone could tell he could barely manage to walk with it, rolling it would have been much faster seeing that it would have picked up momentum.
Arete7Jul 2, 2013 5:55 PM
Jul 2, 2013 6:06 PM

Apr 2008
Arete7 said:
Ragix said:
zellami said:
Arete7 said:
If Armin is so smart, why did he not tell Eren to roll the giant boulder (aka stone ball) instead of literally crushing his face and arms carrying it lol. It did look alot more badass but always funny when things like this happen in anime.

The original plan was to divert the attention of the giants as long as possible (meaning to be less noticeable as possible). They desperately bet on Eren's strength in carrying it and even jerking it as far as he can, while the Elite Squad is to protect him from the other titans. Anyway, carrying it seems faster.

Carrying it is not only faster, but dude it's a fucking boulder, not a rubber ball. It wouldn't be so simple to just roll a giant boulder around, especially traversing it through the town with so much crap in the way.

lol are you slow? Dude learn simple physics. Anything is easier to roll as long as its round then it is to carry, the weight doesn't matter. Nor the material unless it's super adhesive. And as anyone could tell he could barely manage to walk with it, rolling it would have been much faster seeing that it would have picked up momentum.

Except that boulder is anything but a perfect sphere.
Jul 2, 2013 6:43 PM

Sep 2011
Cabron said:
GodlyKyon said:
Cabron said:
Pipoko said:
Cabron said:
Pipoko said:
Fasces349 said:
antonn said:
Fasces349 said:

wat?

LOL, no thats not what I meant, I meant to say that it LOOKED like a ball of slime to ME, and bunch of corpses sticking together, not some pretty crystal.
Jul 2, 2013 8:58 PM

Feb 2012
I want the soundtrack to this show NOW.
VyudaliJul 2, 2013 9:10 PM
Jul 2, 2013 9:01 PM

Apr 2010
Vyudali said:
I want the soundtrack to this show now.

Well you're in luck, because it's already out.
Jul 3, 2013 1:20 AM

Oct 2012
Fascinating episode, gave me goosebumps all over.
気になりますか?

Jul 3, 2013 7:59 AM
Sep 2009
overrated shit
Jul 3, 2013 8:05 AM

Apr 2008
Inver said:
overrated shit
Such an adorable parrot you are.
Jul 3, 2013 8:34 AM

Sep 2011
Inver said:
overrated shit

I think its overrated, but it is certainly not shit
Jul 3, 2013 8:37 AM

Jan 2013
GodlyKyon said:
Cabron said:
GodlyKyon said:
Cabron said:
Pipoko said:
Cabron said:
Pipoko said:
Fasces349 said:
antonn said:
Fasces349 said:

wat?

LOL, no thats not what I meant, I meant to say that it LOOKED like a ball of slime to ME, and bunch of corpses sticking together, not some pretty crystal.
Ah I see, my bad.

Jul 3, 2013 9:47 AM

Mar 2013
Oh my Levi <3
Jul 3, 2013 11:44 AM

May 2010
It's painful to see everyone dying esp. that leader who sacrificed himself for his member.. Tsk..

Good to see Captain Levi again..
Jul 3, 2013 4:39 PM

Jun 2012
Great episode, very epic scenes again.
The album for the soundtracks are now out!
Too bad for next episode =/
Anyway-

Jul 3, 2013 6:31 PM

Sep 2011
What do people fucking see in Levi?
Jul 3, 2013 7:23 PM

Apr 2009
GodlyKyon said:

Spinzaku: Bishie Spiderman Version
Jul 3, 2013 8:01 PM
Jun 2013
GodlyKyon said:
Inver said:
overrated shit

GodlyKyon said:

So much truth.
Jul 3, 2013 9:39 PM
Jan 2008
Pipoko said:
Cabron said:

Actually, now that I think about it wasn't she eaten by the kawaii titan, which was later killed by Mikasa and Annie? So yeah, it's most likely not Mina's like some fans are speculating and you're right, too, it's a very small chance a Titan just eats one human and there's that thrown up mess, too.

Err, the Kawaii Titan only bit her face off. This is evident in the one panel of Mina being eaten. Her head is too big to be devoured completely, let alone her body. Mina is the only one who interacted with Annie, so it's pretty ridiculous to think it's not her when the following is proven:

#1. Was the only one who sat with Annie.
#2. Had her face in the titans mouth. In other words, died the same way.
#3. Annie would not apologize to some random character. Like, at all, lol.
Jul 3, 2013 9:53 PM

Dec 2012
I'm really liking this show so far, it's the only anime I've seen this season I've enjoyed. Is it as good as Cowboy Bebop or Monster? Fuck no, but it's pretty good. I only have to real problems with the show, the first is the main characters, Armin is a cocksucker, and Eren and Mikasa are really boring. And the second issue is exclusive to Trost and is going to be fixed soon, the pacing; it projectile vomits diarrhea dookie up my dickhole, but luckily not for much longer.
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream!"

- George W. Bush
Jul 3, 2013 10:00 PM

Apr 2013
Vox_Populi said:
GodlyKyon said:
Inver said:
overrated shit

GodlyKyon said:

So much truth.
Amen. Another convert to our God, Kyon.
Jul 3, 2013 10:29 PM
Jun 2013
Levi is bad ass. I think he's more skilled than Mikasa is. So Eren's going to finally join the Survey Corps. Good for him. Him moving that boulder was epic. 8.8/10.
Jul 3, 2013 10:33 PM

Jun 2013
I am SO looking forward to this show its my top favorite this season <3

To know what is right and choose to ignore it is the act of a coward.↓↓

Pages (16) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1668 by daninoxxi »»
Sep 15, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 13, 2013

1040 by deionking03 »»
Sep 12, 10:07 PM

» Attack on Titan Manga 15th Anniversary Project

Hickykissy - Sep 8

19 by Azoromesus »»
Sep 11, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MermaidGalaxies - Aug 10, 2013

573 by chris1763 »»
Sep 7, 2:33 PM

» Actors who you think is perfect for the cast of AOT live action

Hickykissy - Sep 3

38 by rocketeu »»
Sep 7, 7:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.