Forum Settings
Forums

Anime 'Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!' to get Movie Adaptation in Fall

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 9, 2013 8:42 AM

May 2010
Recap movie? Buuuuu~!

Well, as long as we have second season around, I'm pleased anyway. MOAR DEKOMORIIIII!
Jun 9, 2013 8:49 AM

Nov 2008
BigSimo said:
ugh. kyoani's worst case of milking yet?
Are you a troll or a worst case marketing retard? xDD

They're in it for the money man. Completely logical to me.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jun 9, 2013 8:56 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Neat! Will definitely watch.

[edit]: Whoops. It's only a recap? Well, with a second season incoming, I can't really be mad at them.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
KinetaJun 10, 2013 2:45 AM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 9, 2013 9:07 AM
May 2013
WTH a movie and season 2? I was planning on rewatching season 1 before season 2 comes out, I'll watch the movie instead now.
Jun 9, 2013 9:11 AM

Sep 2012
cyruz said:
[edit]: Whoops. It's only a recap? Well, with a second season incoming, I can't really be mad at them.
The question is: Compared to absolutely nothing, isn't a recap with NEW FOOTAGE still something to cheer about if you are a fan of the anime?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 9, 2013 9:12 AM
Jul 2012
BigSimo said:
ugh. kyoani's worst case of milking yet?

Movie? Huh true milk milk and more milk to this series.
Jun 9, 2013 9:16 AM

Jul 2012
recap with new footage?
I don't care, just wait for 2nd season, but when?
Jun 9, 2013 9:19 AM

Nov 2007
As long as the movie does not become a replacement for second season, I am good. I cannot wait for second season!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 9, 2013 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
Doing this kind of film in recent times and quite fashionable! To have a better quality, it would be really difficult already seen the high standards to which we have become accustomed KyoAni, but so be it. The reasons behind this type of production have already been explained, I would just add that the good thing is that maybe these productions, but I think it is not only attributable to this movie, is the fact of adding new material, on the advice of the users, but without upset the anime series and to make perhaps the most intriguing story waiting for the second season.
Jun 9, 2013 9:32 AM

Dec 2012
Recap . . . I just hope it will be as great as the TV series.
I like anime.
Jun 9, 2013 9:43 AM
Aug 2011
I love this show but i'm not a fan of mostly recaps or summaries no matter how much I love the show.

Khalan3 said:
not interested, having to watch the second season of this is bad enough

that's what I will be saying to myself when Refrain comes around

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
KinetaJun 10, 2013 2:47 AM
Jun 9, 2013 9:46 AM

Jul 2010
I like recap movie since I can't even see the episodes anymore.
Jun 9, 2013 9:53 AM

Jun 2012
My penis is ready.
Jun 9, 2013 9:58 AM

Mar 2013
Just finished watching the first season and I liked it. Don't care much about the Movie but it's certainly good for all the Hardcore fans of the series out there.
Jun 9, 2013 10:30 AM

Apr 2012
Well, more Chu2Koi can't hurt right?

Jun 9, 2013 10:31 AM

Apr 2013
Gonna watch the movie even though I'm not a huge fan of recaps. I'm glad to see Rikka again!
Jun 9, 2013 10:44 AM

May 2009
okkyblight said:
zetsuboSensei said:
So recap movies really are a thing now?

Money is in there boy. Did you think airing in TV they got money?

Not so much the TV, but the Blu-Rays definitely made them a lot of money, far more than K-ON!, since they hold the license for Chu2Koi.

I'm definitely interested, even if it'll take to late 2014 till I've seen it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2013 10:48 AM

Feb 2010
jmal said:
Great news for Japanese fans, who are understandably the only fans the production committee should care about. But sucks for the rest of us. Second season will very likely air before this movie hits BD, which means people who can't get to a Japanese theater (or who don't want to watch shitty camrips) can't see the new/rewritten material that is supposed to directly set up the sequel. Which means part of the experience is missing for us, and we have to rely on reading a synopsis for people who do see it. Sucks.

Hm, I may just put the second season on-hold until the BD release of the movie then :/
I probably regret this post by now.
Jun 9, 2013 11:02 AM

Jul 2010
so pretty much it will be like the madoka movies huh?

Jun 9, 2013 11:03 AM

Sep 2012
I try to recall an example of a second season of an anime that is hard to understand if a movie before it is not watched first, but I can't. Seeing many second seasons even recap things in the first season or at least try to write the second season in a way that can be approached by people who have not even watched the first season, I do not worry too much about important things being missed just because the movie is not seen. In fact, even in Japan I am sure there will be people, casual fans in particular, who may not go and pay money to watch the movie but will check the 2nd season when it is on TV.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 9, 2013 11:04 AM

Feb 2010
jmal said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Hm, I may just put the second season on-hold until the BD release of the movie then :/

No way I could wait that long... if they still do the second season in the fall (which would be reallllly quickly after the movie...) then you'd be looking at putting the second season off for a minimum of six months.

It's just an awkward situation that wouldn't be a problem at all if we were in Japan. I'd like to think that they won't make the second season unapproachable by people who don't see the movie, or maybe that they'll briefly recap any important changes in the first episode, but there's always the possibility it'll really, really assume you've seen the movie in full.

Well, either I watch the second season while it is airing or I don't really care if I put it off for 3 months or a year until I marathon it, and I highly doubt the BD release will be ready before the show airs. And if I end up watching it while it airs I'll probably lose interest in the recap movie if I've already seen the sequel to it when it is available.
Hm...
I probably regret this post by now.
Jun 9, 2013 11:10 AM

Sep 2012
Key Visual from the movie website:

Jun 9, 2013 11:13 AM

Oct 2011
Maybe they will show a sneak peak of season 2 in the movie : )
Jun 9, 2013 11:15 AM

Sep 2012
A movie recap before the second season, why not. Even more money.
Jun 9, 2013 11:22 AM

Jul 2012
Like someone said earlier, Chuunibyou was at least pretty fun to watch, and I get the feeling it'd be even funner in movie format. I wonder if they'll adapt the drama at the end, too. Or if they'll handle it better then they did in the TV series.

Oh well, more Dekomori is fine by me.
Jun 9, 2013 11:36 AM

Jul 2010
More Chuunibyou, yeah. More Yuuta, yeah. More Nibutani, yeah.
Jun 9, 2013 11:56 AM
Feb 2012
More Chu2byou is always a pleasure to watch as long as it doesn't delay the second season too much. And we fans outside of Japan won't get to watch the movie for another year or so anyway.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jun 9, 2013 12:16 PM
Jul 2018
Wow, a second season and a movie? I think I underestimated this series originally. I need to go and watch it.
Jun 9, 2013 12:37 PM

Jun 2010
Well, this is surprising.

Chuu2 is one of my favorite KyoAni series and I am definitely not against more of it. But there is already a season 2 announced. I'm not really sure why do we need a recap movie. The series was a success though so I guess it's not really a bad move. Plus the new footage is definitely good for Chuu2 fans. I still wouldn't deny it's "milking" though. In any case, as long as it don't hurt the production of Free! and the release date of Kyoukai no Kanata then there is no problem.

I am worried that we won't see Kyoukai no Kanata in 2013 though. I REALLY HOPE IT COMES AFTER FREE!. It's my most anticipated KyoAni series afterall.

I hope the new footage contains more of Dark Flame Master's past. And also Shinka's past.
Jun 9, 2013 12:54 PM

Oct 2011
Hahah I'm sorry but I will have to watch this when it comes out!~
Jun 9, 2013 1:01 PM

Jun 2013
I hope it turns out better than the Shakugan no Shana "movie".
But since its the whole first season instead of 6 ep recap like Shana it should be better.
Still have high hopes for it, cant wait to watch.
Jun 9, 2013 1:15 PM

Apr 2013
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Hope it doesn't mean there would be no S2? Although I still wonder if vol. 2 "adaptation" is needed.
season2 is already announced and in production.
Jun 9, 2013 1:37 PM

Aug 2009
I'm loving this, I dont wind watching this awesome series again :D Bring it on <3
Jun 9, 2013 1:39 PM

Apr 2008
jmal said:
symbv said:
I try to recall an example of a second season of an anime that is hard to understand if a movie before it is not watched first, but I can't.

Not off the top of my head either, but then I also can't think of any TV→Movie→TV series I've seen to compare lately. Certainly not ones that might air the second season before the movie hits BD.

Monogatari series. In the book series, Kizumonogatari is meant to be read before at least Nekomonogatari Kuro (which is already out), and to a lesser extent Nekomonogatari Shiro (which will be adapted this July, probably before Kizu hits theaters and definitely before it gets a BD release.

Another example which isn't exactly a movie, but Genshiken introduced new characters in an OVA that came out between the first and second seasons.
Jun 9, 2013 2:05 PM

Sep 2011
Not a fan of recap movies, most likely won't watch it unless it contains a good 30 mins+ of new footage.
Jun 9, 2013 2:10 PM

Nov 2009
So season 2 and a movie, eh?

Just like a certain other Kyoani show... xD
Jun 9, 2013 2:14 PM

Mar 2011
on my birthday! too bad i live on the other side of the world. fuuuuu
Jun 9, 2013 2:33 PM

Nov 2008
I don't even know why they even bother if it's just gonna be a summary of the first season.
Jun 9, 2013 2:49 PM

Dec 2012
Is this a recap of season 1 or a continuation? >_>
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jun 9, 2013 2:51 PM

Jun 2010
More rikka is always good for my health.
So yeah~ good news xD!
Jun 9, 2013 3:00 PM

Sep 2011
Neat'o.
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Jun 9, 2013 3:10 PM
May 2013
Peten00b said:

It says it right there in the first post, it is a recap with new footage.
Jun 9, 2013 3:20 PM

Mar 2013
I'm not a fan of Movie being just recap.
Jun 9, 2013 3:25 PM

Apr 2008
Peten00b said:

A recap, but re-cut from Rikka's perspective. Pretty much identical to the upcoming AnoHana movie. The new material will probably be old scenes re-filmed, or re-edited, to remove Yuuta's perspective. Think about how many scenes there are of him. Any scene he narrates would have to be changed. So would many of the scenes where he appears, but she does not.
Jun 9, 2013 3:37 PM

Sep 2007
Not sure of this ...

Jun 9, 2013 4:21 PM

Jan 2011
This is a big year for Kyoani.

Close up pictures of those four Chūnibyō demo Koi ga Shitai! limited-edition swimsuit clear file folders
http://i.imgur.com/ftLvTIW.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/YphP88H.jpg
Dat Rikka ass

VioLinkJun 9, 2013 5:07 PM
[center]
Jun 9, 2013 4:33 PM

May 2011
so it's summary. Kinda not interested but we'll see.
Jun 9, 2013 4:49 PM

Jun 2013
KaitenSensei said:
Peten00b said:

A recap, but re-cut from Rikka's perspective. Pretty much identical to the upcoming AnoHana movie. The new material will probably be old scenes re-filmed, or re-edited, to remove Yuuta's perspective. Think about how many scenes there are of him. Any scene he narrates would have to be changed. So would many of the scenes where he appears, but she does not.

Well if its from Rikka's perspective I want to see what comedy they come up with when she tries to process Dark Flame Master's unheroic actions lol
Jun 9, 2013 4:58 PM

Jan 2012
Thought it's gonna be movie sequel but it's okay I guess
Jun 9, 2013 6:06 PM

Aug 2011
Completely unnecessary, especially since they're already having a season 2. Oh well.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Shaft Produces 'Virgin Punk' Original Anime Series

Vindstot - Sep 16

21 by Adnash »»
18 minutes ago

» 'Ishura' 2nd Season Announces New Cast Members

Vindstot - 8 hours ago

2 by autumn_sky96 »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Gorilla no Kami kara Kago sareta Reijou wa Ouritsu Kishidan de Kawaigarareru' Gets TV Anime in 2025

Vindstot - 9 hours ago

2 by _MushiRock11_ »»
2 hours ago

» 'Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon' 2nd Season Reveals New Cast, Staff for Winter 2025

Vindstot - Sep 22

14 by Zirconium_40 »»
3 hours ago

» Video Game 'Decapolice' Gets TV Anime in 2026

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

1 by Yuno »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.