Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Baccano! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Apr 24, 2014 2:48 AM

Jul 2013
They didn't realize that they hadn't aged after 70 years, haha; gotta love those two. Suppose that explains why they are in Durarara.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2014 2:36 AM

Dec 2013
I tried to watch this series a long time ago, but I got confused and ended up dropping it but someone here in MAL asked me why I dropped this bcs this was really good. lol. And I picked this up again, only to find out that this series was really awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also seen the specials and I was really satisfied! love this anime!

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

May 3, 2014 10:16 AM

Jul 2012
Wow! What a ride of an anime~! x3
Really awesome anime! At some point, it was kind of confusing....but the story told out in small parts! That was really awesome.

I especially loved the train story of the anime, the other stories were still cool and all. :3
Really awesome anime: Nice mixture of action, comedy, historical, etc~! x3
May 4, 2014 2:42 PM

Jul 2013
wow, just finished it... this had been an epic ride :D
miria and isaac, the best comedic duo i have seen ^_^

well, ima off watching the OVA
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
May 7, 2014 12:38 AM

Apr 2014
Great end to an amazing series! :D
LOL at Isaac and Miria-->
70 years later- "is it just me... or have we not aged at all?" xD
Absolutely loved the series
10/10 for me
May 13, 2014 7:04 AM

Dec 2013
Too many similar looking characters, too many names and these timeskips all the time... in short I didn't get the plot.

Last ep was nice though.
AizixMay 13, 2014 7:10 AM
May 23, 2014 8:45 PM

Sep 2012
I still didn't get what was happening but it was still enjoyable.
Jun 3, 2014 9:07 AM

Jul 2013
Wow, I'm pretty satisfied what the ending and wraps up really well. There are times that are confusing, such as jumping towards different years, and characters all over the place, but I understand it somewhere on episode 7.

A great series imo, It was a happy ending for everyone, well except for Isaac and Miria who just realize they are immortal XD. Although there are some character didn't weren't completely developed, which I forget who, but still I understand them better.

9/10

Jun 26, 2014 8:02 PM

Jun 2012
insan3Spectre said:
I don't know, I don't think I've ever seen many people claim it's a deep or complex show. It's not really something you watch to think hard about. It's just a whole lot of fun because of how over the top it is, particularly the characters you mentioned Claire and Ladd. Though I am kind of getting the feeling you didn't like them?

Now, I personally prefer more complex characters myself, but again that just isn't what this show was about. It is supposed to be a frenetic, fast paced anime where entertainment is paramount. It is not interested in crafting deep and complex characters, though I think they are still good characters because of their ability to entertain.

QFT
the way the story is told is amazing, gives the show tons of rewatch value and you're likely to find something new every time, no matter how big or small

And (just like KnK movie 5) it also punishes those who don't pay attention and heavily rewards those that do making the experience all the more fun.

First rewatch in about a year and I still love this show just as much as I did the first go-round, with the exception of the Eve subplot (and only because it was done much better in the novels) there's really nothing I dislike about it. The characters are fun and memorable, the dub is godlike and the atmosphere is just perfect. 10/10 would watch with Quentin Tarantino fans and Seinen lovers.
Jul 1, 2014 3:48 AM
Mar 2014
I still think Baccano would benefit from the Ultimate treatment. Just reboot the series as a novel accurate series and be done with it.

Just do each book as an OVA. I figured it up, and you could probably fit each book into a 2 1/2 to 3 hour OVA. That doesn't sound like a lot, but that about ~8-9 tv episodes worth per book, which since it's broken down into smaller condensed arcs, they can take the time to give each character their proper amount of development.

Or they could just reboot the series Jojo style and make an actual tv series that perfectly follows the books (aside from little minor details that have no relevance or will ever be mentioned again).

Baccano's story-telling style, hurt it more then it helped, IMO. It needlessly confused things. It broke up action sequences. 1932 actually hurts the continuity due to contradiction of important points that would have to be ignored or very carefully written around in order to continue adapting the series.

And since it tried to cram so much into a very short amount of time, only a handful of characters got any real development on screen (Jacuzzi, Rachel, Czes, Chane), while others were only superficially glanced at (Ladd, Firo, Ennis, Szilard, and Claire), and others were ultimately forgotten without much done at all (Lua, John, Feng, and the Gandors being prominent).

Graham, Dallas, Elmer, Huey, Issac, and Miria are about the most well done characters overall, but it's simply due to the fact that they follow their roles in the source material perfectly.

Baccano is and always has been about the characters. The story is incidental, and it's more about exploring each character's perspective of the events of their lives, and seeing a story emerge as a result. While the anime ends up focusing more on the stories.
Jul 1, 2014 4:03 AM

Jun 2012
Yeah the 1932 arc is much different than in the novels. The anime has no mention of Roy/Edith, The Maria/Claire fight never happens, Henry's entire existence has been substituted with Nicholas doing everything he did, Gustavo doesn't get killed by Runorata, but almost gets offed by Eve, etc.

The Hellsing Ultimate style would actually be a pretty great way to properly adapt the source, though I still wouldn't mind if the anime got a direct continuation, honestly.
Jul 3, 2014 12:15 AM

Sep 2013
For a terribly confusing first episode that was quite the finish. I did not expect this series to be so well done.
Jul 3, 2014 4:22 AM

Oct 2013
miria and isaac to infinity and beyond!
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jul 10, 2014 12:10 AM

Aug 2013
Woah Vino's proposal must be one of the most uh...unconventional marriage proposals ever. And Chane accepted? I'm not even going to try to understand.

The Gandor and Martillo family seems like a great bunch, I wouldn't mind hanging out with them for eternity. It was pretty funny how when I was rooting for Ennis and Firo, the old guys started rooting too XD

It took Miria and Isaac 70 years to realize they didn't age XD! Never change, never change.

9/10.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 22, 2014 2:11 PM

Jul 2014
What an amzing end to a great, fantastic, well done series.

That proposal to Chane, XD I never knew that Claire would be so romantic lol. On other thought this series was romantic too like Ladd, his love to Lua is surely romantic, he would kill everyone but kill Lua at last lol XD such a gentleman.

Yep soo many years went and Isaac and Miria just noticed thet they never aged lol, such awesome ending XD.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness;
Only light can do that,

Hate cannot drive out hate;
Only love can do that.
Jul 24, 2014 1:07 PM
Jan 2012
God, I am so late to this thread and everything must have already been said here, but I just like to say that this one gets an easy 9.5/10 from me. So many epic moments, couldn't stop binge watching. Even Isaac and Miria sort of grew on me, I wasn't too fond of them in the beginning.
Jul 25, 2014 7:13 AM
Jun 2014
Is it me or Isaac and Miria are about to witness 9/11 at the end? The time is 2001, they are in NYC and there is an airplane flying at the background.
Jul 30, 2014 2:30 PM
Jul 2018
Great ending.
I'm gonna miss those two :(
Aug 5, 2014 1:49 PM

Dec 2013
As much as the story went back and forth with past, present, and future, I was never lost. Really enjoyed this series, especially with Isaac and Miria lol.
Eh
Aug 9, 2014 4:19 AM

Feb 2013
Here I thought I was not gonna enjoy this because of the historical tag, boy was I wrong. And sure I was confused with the plot as it went back and forth, but in the end as I was able to string everything together it all made sense to me.

10/10 from me.
Aug 24, 2014 3:37 PM

Jun 2014
8/10
"You see this guy's eyes? More crossed than Christianity! Look at him!"
- Seamus "SSoH" O'Doherty
Sep 4, 2014 12:16 AM

Jan 2014
And then it ends on a love story. Touching. Great re-watch.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 7, 2014 11:09 AM

Aug 2014
After watching the first episode I was a bit... very confused and sceptical. But after 12 more episodes it is everything clear! My life in complete! I am going to watch the OVAs now.
HuskeySep 7, 2014 12:44 PM
Sep 8, 2014 5:43 PM
Aug 2014
I freaking Loooooove this anime! One of my.absolute favorites. Czes had me tearing up so badly, just perfect. Perfect! Onto the specials! :-D 10/10
Nov 8, 2014 1:50 PM

Dec 2013
At the first, it was hard to ketch and follow what was going on, but the show always kept me under it, so it worked. And i truly believe if it wasnt for this way of story telling, this wouldnt be half interesting as it was. Great anime, loved it.

And LMAO, 60 years later they realize that.
Dec 16, 2014 9:33 AM

Oct 2012
LOL, it took them 70 years to realize, what a quickwitted duo! :D

Anyway, this is the end (or rather the end, I have yet to see conclusion OVAs for Carol). This series wasn't bad but it could be a lot better if they took all those motives they laid out in episode 7 more seriously. This way it felt like almost everyone who is immortal is freak or something and we got rather unfulfilling happy-end. I have also found that gang-war ratger hollow as one of those main themes. Szilard was pretty weak and unscheming antagonist in the end.

This series also had variable quality depending on characters we were following during each ep. Some of them were really good but some of them were pain-in-the-ass to watch.

Character I liked: Firo, Ennis, Chane, Maiza. What was the reason for Sylvia hesitation when she drank her immortality off-screen by the way?

Character I hated: Jacuzzi, Ches, Isaac&Miria (to an extent). Ladd when acting like child when dancing in blood.

Overall, I could see the precision that went into animation and chronological editing of those episodes, there were also some great ideas that required watcher's attention all the time. But it certainly lacked with portrayal of some characters and in conclusion of the story - it's like even the authors didn't know in what direction they want this story to move. As such, the potential this show had was largely unused in the end which is shame.

6/10
Jan 9, 2015 7:14 AM

Dec 2010
Proposing to a woman he's just met, Vino is just this cool.

By the way, I didn't feel an ending vibe even the least bit. I can still score it anyway.

1. Characters: 1. Everybody besides that little shit Dallas were awesome characters bar some obligatory villains like Sczilard and that big goon that got shot in the end.
2. Atmosphere: 1. Even before picking up, this anime had a really credible Gangster America atmosphere: Even the episode at the ship didn't feel off either.
3. OST: 1. I've always liked jazz, and this OST delivered with some crazy/great tracks.
4. Animation: 1. I don't think there can be much complaint for a 2007 anime, though I'd like to see a next season with high animation quality.
5. Storyline: 1. There was deffinitely a story here, though I'm not sure I could call it as much of a plot. Either way the story development was good enough, having in mind it's a 13-episode run and that the title itself does not care much about coherent story points.
6. Ending: 1. There was an ending? I didn't notice. But the final episode really did wrap up some obligatory points like Sczilard's death and that big goon's as well. I think that it was an ok wrap-up.
7. Action: 1. The action was top-notch crazy whenever it was present, loved it.
8. Overall affect: 1. I enjoyed about everything save for the non-present sequel. The combination of characters, setting and story made it about perfect. This would really make a great long-running series.
9. Bonus score: 1. Obligatory crazyness bonus point.
Overall score: 9/10.

On a sidenote, one thought hit me during this episode. Is it possible that Isaac is way more conscious about everyhitng around him than he seems to be? I could actually see his behavior as acting. This could go for Miria as well.
Jan 31, 2015 6:52 AM

Dec 2012
Issac and Maria, god I love those two.

That aside, I don't think I was particular impressed or enjoyed this anime a lot. The style of narrative was interesting, but the actual plot points and events weren't to me. I also thought Ladd would have a bigger role, and Vino, just wasn't that engaging because he felt random and unexplained. The immortality side of the plot, wasn't that interesting, especially it's backstory. Felt like a lot of things just happened out of pure chance, but that may have been the point. The Dallas sub plot was so dull. And the ending wasn't particularly memorable.

I really believe that Issac and Maria carried the show, they were the only aspect that I didn't bored of, or thought was dull. I doubt I would have finished the series without them.

I want to give it an 8, because of Issac and Maria, but I will just be honest, 7/10.

Edit: And Oh Sub > Dub. I don't care for the settings mentality.
tsudecimoJan 31, 2015 6:57 AM
Feb 16, 2015 11:56 PM

Jul 2008
The only thing I wanted to know is why Miaza let Szilard run wild for all those years. He killed so many of their group including his brother and tried to kill many more of them at the end.

Other than that, great ending. I love all of these guys.

ISSAC AND MIRIA FOREVER!!!
Feb 24, 2015 9:25 PM

Nov 2013
moral of the story: everyone becomes immortal, the end ! looolll
10/10 because of isaac and miria
Mar 17, 2015 3:27 PM

Jan 2013
The show was a bit hard to follow at the start, but halfway through it became more clear.
This has been an amazing ride, the dark humour, the gore, the comedy.

10/10 from me, a masterpiece, just because Isaac and Miria & Ladd.
If not for them it would still have gotten a 9/10 from me.
Mar 21, 2015 1:50 AM

Mar 2015
Aizakku and Miria were always the most sympathetic characters.
We're just the boys and girls that think they always know...
Mar 30, 2015 8:14 PM

Oct 2013
Great watch, expectations weren't that high but I sure got proven wrong.

The characters were definitely the highlights of this show.
If I could change one thing about this show it would probably be extending it with some more episodes since I still feel there's quite some story to go through, but that just may be me.

Great show nonetheless.
RainesMar 30, 2015 8:19 PM

Apr 1, 2015 4:57 PM

Mar 2014
The first time I watched 10 months ago, I was a bit confused and bored and stopped at two eps. I picked it up again a few nights ago, and I've ended up loving this anime. Still a bit confusing, but Isaac and Miria made it up for me. The pairs were so adorable, and Vino's sweetness was a bit unexpected.
9/10
Apr 11, 2015 11:51 PM
Apr 2015
Definitely a fun show to watch. Obviously not perfect but does it need to be perfect to be good? Overall 9/10
Apr 25, 2015 4:37 PM

Jun 2013
Boy, did I have a blast with Baccano. Seriously, if this was your everyday anime I would give it most 8/10. I'd say story is good but not super awesome, animation is solid, all characters got fair share of development and so on... But this is not your everyday anime, is it? Seriously, parching the story and telling it piece by piece adds an unforgettable flavor. This anime is 10/10. Scratch that, even 10/10 isn't enough for a blast of fun I had. There are no main characters - Everyone is a main character. Even comic reliefs Maria and Isaac. In fact, they are perhaps my favorites. After Vino. Because super cool assassin and all. It is incredible how good story can become if told from multiple perspectives. Seriously, I had a blast with this. I tried watching Durarara, but just couldn't get into it. I was skeptical about Baccano to say in the least, and avoided it for a long time. Just like with Steins;Gate, it was a enormous mistake.

Oh, and did I mention the opening? Oh Holy God of openings. I have met memorable openings. I have met openings which gave me goosebumps. But this opening had it all.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Apr 27, 2015 9:07 PM

Feb 2015
Didn't know what to expect with this series. All I knew was that it took a non-linear approach to story telling. Considering the large cast, I was surprised at how many characters I liked. The story meshing together in the last few episodes was really smooth.
May 30, 2015 8:57 AM

Jul 2013
Easily one of the best I've ever seen. O: Those final scenes made me smile and cry and laugh and just feel so many feelings! 10/10 from me. These characters really feel like family in the end.
Jul 18, 2015 10:06 PM

Jul 2013
Absolute awesome anime. I enjoyed every single episode. The final was super well made, everything got clear with a lot of feels.

Was nice to see that everyone of the important characters end up with an happy end. Gave me a super bright smile :)

I like how the couples came together like Firo x Ennis or Vino x Chane.<3

And Isaac and Miria LOL at the end:
"By the way Miria, I have the feeling we haven't aged at all" haha

Everything felt so familiar and this concept with the story about Mafia was exactly my thing.

So 10/10 easy :)
Natsu88Jul 18, 2015 10:11 PM

Jul 27, 2015 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
Had the same issues as DRRR if you ask me, too many characters, too little time, plot was never in the authors mind from the looks of it, ending felt a bit rushed, i only started liking DRRR after watching the 2nd season and knowing who everyone was and their personalities, and until the same thing happens with this one i'm afraid i don't see what all the fuss is about.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Aug 24, 2015 12:29 AM

May 2013
This anime was wrapped up very nicely! I love Isaac and Miria lol. I guess nobody ever explained to them that they were immortal!
Fuck it. Every signature I upload ends up removed anyways.
Sep 4, 2015 4:22 AM

Apr 2010
One of the best action animes! 10/10 from me. The ending was really amazing and touching. :)
Sep 30, 2015 12:47 AM

Jan 2014
Was anyone else extremely underwhelmed by the "climax"? It felt like the show was building to an intense climax all throughout its runtime, and then when it gets there... Jacuzzi fights some henchman we barely know and Ladd jumps off the train in a sequence that hardly qualifies as tense or exciting.

The OVAs certainly don't help with this, either.
Oct 28, 2015 7:41 AM
Nov 2014
Fuck! They don't make shows like this ever again, what a brilliant action show! Ladd, Claire AND Isaac/Miria is definitely my favourites from the show overall. The ending was fantastic, abit underwhelming yes... but that last scene HAHA <3
Nov 24, 2015 5:33 AM

Nov 2015
Finally it is a justified ending.
But the story of Clair is not shown properly... I think the OVA will clear the same.
I was so sorry for Czes. Thanks to Issac n Miria for improving his life.Enis will surely take good care of him.
Jacuzzi is a brave crybaby indeed.
And what actually happened to Ladd.I wonder if he was the person beaten up by Gandor in the first episode. Was that really him?
I shall rewatch the first episode.
Overall I give Baccano 9/10
Nov 24, 2015 5:57 AM

Oct 2015
Atlast Baccano ends. Nice ending but the ending seems to me incomplete. I think I must watch the OVAs too. I liked the ending because for the justification. I m wondering what would have happened to Chane, Lua& Ladd and Clair. I thought that Ennis would die, but she was saved. Issac/Miria r great. They helped a lot for everyone. Also saved Chezlaw. Nice Miria n Issac. (2001) Finally they understood that they are immortal 😉
Nov 28, 2015 10:44 PM

Jul 2015
Yeah, I was pretty confused at the beginning, but I loved the way the story revealed itself piece by piece to the watchers, and by the end I could keep track of all the timelines happening in 1930, 31, and 32.

Yeah, there's stuff to be desired by the ending, especially like how a group of immortal mafia families survive in the 21st Century, but overall this is going on my favorites for sure.

Did Dallas deserve it though? Let me remind you that he spent TWO YEARS stoned at the bottom of the Hudson. Anyone on this planet would be fucking catatonic by then. Oh well, Luck is still one stone cold gangster.

Dec 7, 2015 3:21 PM

Dec 2014
Going into this blind was so amazing! I didn't know anything, the gore, the plot, the confusion, it was all so fun to watch. When Ladd killed that kid in the first episode I was like what the hell am I watching lol. It was a really fun anime to watch and the characters were really good imo. I'm curious how rewatching the first few episodes will go now that I know the ins and outs of it. The thing I'm not a big fan of is how it ended. It seemed like a lot of it was unfinished or half done. Maybe the OVA's clear that up? I don't know, I'll see when I watch them. But for now it seems like a good anime with a meh ending.

8/10
Dec 11, 2015 7:15 AM

Sep 2015
Memorable story-telling, amazing cast of characters, superb OST, great ambientation, easy 10/10 for me!
Apr 3, 2016 2:08 AM

Oct 2012
So Isaac and Miria saved everyone? With their mistake, they accidentally saved everyone??
Wow... I wish I can make a mistake like that too

Awww Czes :(
Yes Firo x Ennis!!

Yes you both aren't aging at all.. You guys should get a Sherlock award for that! xD
What an amazing ending
I mean they're showing how the best idiot duo in this anime at last moment
It's just amazing... Isaac, Miria.. I hope I can meet you somewhere xD
"Signature removed"
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Baccano! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

BadSeafood - Nov 17, 2007

145 by Omega1Mastemon »»
Apr 30, 2:38 PM

» Should i watch?

Koalapanda1018 - Apr 11

4 by LoveYourSmile »»
Apr 12, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Baccano! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

BadSeafood - Oct 30, 2007

130 by Karva1 »»
Apr 4, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Baccano! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Oct 21, 2007

143 by llamav »»
Mar 18, 5:10 PM

Poll: » Baccano! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

accela - Oct 8, 2007

181 by llamav »»
Mar 18, 12:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.