Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Apr 10, 2013 9:33 AM

Sep 2012
I'm not into sci-fi but this is interesting...
Apr 10, 2013 11:23 AM

Apr 2011
Production I.G. always amazes me with their visuals. Thank you, Production I.G. Thank you for your amazing visuals. And Urobutcher, I wonder what the death count will be in this (basically, it's up a couple of dozens already if we count those no-names that got killed off in the space battle).

“What she just said relates to reproducing with your mother, as well as fresh excrement.”

So basically, Amy called Red a motherfucking shithead? Wow, that was..... interesting.
Apr 10, 2013 11:35 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
1lau said:

2 bad it's only 12 episodes

Yeah, but keep in mind that this is an original anime and not an adaption, so the whole story will be designed/written for 12 episodes. Madoka was only 12 episodes after all and it was fantastic.
Apr 10, 2013 11:39 AM

Apr 2011
KingYoshi said:
1lau said:

Yeah, but keep in mind that this is an original anime and not an adaption, so the whole story will be designed/written for 12 episodes. Madoka was only 12 episodes after all and it was fantastic.

Quite ironic comparison. Both works are written by Urobuchi Gen.
Apr 10, 2013 11:46 AM

May 2009
yhunata said:
KingYoshi said:
1lau said:

Quite ironic comparison. Both works are written by Urobuchi Gen.

He only cowrites. Main creator is Murata.
Apr 10, 2013 11:48 AM

Feb 2013
yhunata said:
Production I.G. always amazes me with their visuals. Thank you, Production I.G. Thank you for your amazing visuals. And Urobutcher, I wonder what the death count will be in this (basically, it's up a couple of dozens already if we count those no-names that got killed off in the space battle).

“What she just said relates to reproducing with your mother, as well as fresh excrement.”

So basically, Amy called Red a motherfucking shithead? Wow, that was..... interesting.

Actually he said "reproducing with your mother" and "sacred excrement". So we can gather that what was said was probably, "You motherfucker!" and "Holy shit!".
Apr 10, 2013 2:56 PM

Jun 2008
Didnt know this had Urobutcher involved *.* Now I expect something great
Didn't have any expectations about this at all, so watched it to kill time and...actually enjoyed it a lot!;D
Great visuals and promising plot. I also liked the protagonists;D

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Apr 10, 2013 3:12 PM

Mar 2013
Orulyon said:
Didn't have any expectations about this at all, so watched it to kill time and...actually enjoyed it a lot!;D

Then let me help you out:
Everyone. Is Going. To Die.
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Apr 10, 2013 3:22 PM

Jun 2008
Pusswookie said:
Orulyon said:

Urobutcher became softer in Psycho pass, perhaps...only one will die this time XP

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Apr 10, 2013 3:31 PM

Mar 2013
Orulyon said:
Pusswookie said:
Orulyon said:

Urobutcher became softer in Psycho pass, perhaps...only one will die this time XP

You know what? You're right. Maybe Butcher Gen has finally learned to control his seething hatred of his own characters...

...or not
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Apr 11, 2013 5:21 AM

Mar 2011
The first 10 minutes was so boring and confusing.

Fortunately the rest of the episode was good. I'm liking every character so far except the blond guy.
Apr 11, 2013 10:05 AM

May 2012
oh fuck, i think this is gonna be a good series :)
Apr 11, 2013 3:14 PM

Dec 2011
Damn! They made the setting that the Earth is just history! Damn. This is quite interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2013 6:23 PM

Jan 2008
ooh this is interesting.

Apr 11, 2013 6:30 PM

Mar 2013
I liked the space fight in the beginning :)
"Those were statements regarding reproduction with one's mother, as well as sanctified excrement." Hahaha, I died XD
Very interesting, liking the anime so far
Apr 11, 2013 9:27 PM
May 2012
God start. Liked the space action and the the scenes on the rest of the ep. Gonna stick to this.
Apr 12, 2013 1:04 AM
Apr 2013
KingCez said:
looks great. interested. so he traveled back in time

he didn't though
Apr 12, 2013 8:27 PM

Apr 2009
Haven't enjoyed a mecha series in a long time. I think I'll enjoy this as long as Urobutcher doesn't murder all the good characters. So I wonder how he'll deal with the language barrier. Will it take a few episodes for him to study it, learn it through a timeskip or just have his mech download the language to his head Matrix-style?

Apr 12, 2013 9:24 PM

Jun 2012
Wow, that was really good! I really liked the opening scene (first half), as well as how he ended up on Earth. Really great start!

5/5.

Apr 12, 2013 10:07 PM

Dec 2011
sweet, definitely pricking up the Japanese BD-Boxsets for this
Apr 13, 2013 1:21 AM

Mar 2008
fucking awesome, probably the most interesting currently airing anime I've seen so far (but.. only 12 episodes? :c I want more..)
Apr 13, 2013 2:19 PM

Jul 2012
I was hesitant to watch it at first, but now I'm hyped up for the next episode!!
Apr 13, 2013 2:42 PM

Feb 2009
Chamber totally sounds like Switch.
Apr 13, 2013 2:56 PM

Nov 2012
I totally want an AI like Chamber...., this shit is epic win!

Was actually putting off this anime for a while because I saw GenUro was involved. So while I can, I will enjoy the hell out of these initial episode before it goes to complete shit like it always does with GenUro.

So far, 4 airing animes watched, 4 airing animes rated over 7..., could this be the season we were all waiting for?

Thank god for this season having some great animes to wash the disgusting homolust shit out that we had from last season.

Episode Naxcore: 5 out of 5
Apr 14, 2013 6:26 AM

Oct 2012
MaxCrazy7 said:
Chamber totally sounds like Switch.

Well yeah same VA XD

Naxrrhid said:
I totally want an AI like Chamber...., this shit is epic win!

Was actually putting off this anime for a while because I saw GenUro was involved. So while I can, I will enjoy the hell out of these initial episode before it goes to complete shit like it always does with GenUro.

So far, 4 airing animes watched, 4 airing animes rated over 7..., could this be the season we were all waiting for?

Thank god for this season having some great animes to wash the disgusting homolust shit out that we had from last season.

Well, everyone want that AI too XD
Homolust?

This is so gonna be interesting, so yeah watch it until the end..
There's ika musume's seiyuu too :D
"Signature removed"
Apr 14, 2013 7:21 AM

Jun 2009
This is pretty interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2013 7:15 PM

Jul 2008
Okay I like what I watched and am throughly confused, excellent start!
Apr 14, 2013 8:14 PM
Nov 2011
intresting show. will continuje watching. I like the language barrier thing, but what I don't understand is why he didn't just stand the mech up when he could have?
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Apr 15, 2013 2:35 AM

Sep 2012
Veretax said:
intresting show. will continuje watching. I like the language barrier thing, but what I don't understand is why he didn't just stand the mech up when he could have?

Assuming you mean while it was lying down in the hanger... He assumed he was inside a spacecraft, wasn't sure he could stand it up without damaging it or the spacecraft, wasn't sure how close to vacuum they were. Had intended to get out and scout around to see what the place was like but didn't expect Amy to be so anxious to see it at night, thought he had a few free hours to gather information...

Once he realized he wasn't in vacuum he had Chamber just punch a hole in the hull to get out...
Apr 15, 2013 10:14 AM

Sep 2012
I guess being a big fan of starwars has immediately put me in love with series.

so far its very interesting, the epic space battle in the beginning was a tad bit confusing with all dem colors, but was still understandable.

UUGH i must say so far Amy and her sister(i assume) the girl with the red pony tail are definitely putting some moe in my book.

Apr 15, 2013 4:52 PM

Feb 2010
KingCez said:
so he traveled back in time

nope
form the looks of it humanity got reset
similar thing happened in turn A minus time travel
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Apr 15, 2013 5:53 PM
Jul 2012
Boring episode.
Beginning makes me want to sleep because of how dull this is.
The ost is so relaxing.
The white hair guy seems to be interesting.
I hope this show will be excellent because of the story he made of psycho-pass.
2/5

And oh yeah. he is awesome!
bastek66 said:

Apr 16, 2013 6:12 AM

Jan 2011
Orulyon said:
Pusswookie said:
Orulyon said:

Well, if Madoka is any indication, people are gonna drop like flies regardless :)
Apr 16, 2013 8:55 PM

Jul 2009
Interesting start. I see a lot of similarities to Heinlein's "Starship Troopers," from the REM hypnosis to the necessity of active duty for citizenship rights.

The part about Led being selected due to having "superior traits," and his nationalistic, state-loyal mindset, reek of dystopian clichés.

Well, of course none of that matters since Led's traveled back in time.

I'm expecting great things from Urobuchi.
Apr 17, 2013 10:47 AM

Jan 2011
I was expecting something quite dark and serious, but I got this amazing action instead.
Looks very promising, I'm looking forward to more of this.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Apr 17, 2013 12:45 PM

Jul 2012
First half was okay, but I really enjoyed the 2nd half. Interesting episode, and the colors look great also!
Apr 17, 2013 8:08 PM

Oct 2012
was a bit boring for me. It felt like it wanted to look pretty instead of introducing anything
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Apr 18, 2013 12:09 AM

Jan 2013
Looks promising! Looking forward for the rest!
Apr 18, 2013 12:26 AM

Jan 2013
bastek66 said:
It was great. Next episode is even better.

I fan girl with Red.
Apr 18, 2013 11:48 AM

Jun 2010
Reminded me a mix of Star Ocean & Xenogears.
Apr 19, 2013 3:25 AM
Jul 2018

Mecha. Mecha. Mecha. This season is full of mecha themes! Oh well. I like all this season line-ups. So Ledo is a pilot living in other planet in Solar System and at their time, Earth is not familiar with them? And what are they fighting at the start? It looks like a flower.
Apr 22, 2013 9:37 AM

Oct 2012
It seems like its off to a great start, i love the art and i am excited to see what awaits us in the upcoming episodes!
And there are so many mecha this season >.<
Odd how they know nothing about earth and earth knows nothing about them. I wonder how it will play out, and i wonder which language was most recently made up xD
Apr 22, 2013 12:29 PM

Sep 2011
bastek66 said:
It was great. Next episode is even better.

^
favorite moment *u*
Apr 24, 2013 3:19 PM

Nov 2009
Good introduction to the story!!!

It seems to have a deep mecha battle and somehow ends up being in Earth having surprise of the how it is still alive with people living on the planet. Pretty interesting concept and will be looking forward to the next episode!!

5/5

Apr 30, 2013 11:36 AM

Jun 2008
I liked it but when i looked at the episode number i felt disappointed. This series has the perfect set-up for a nice 24 episode schedule, what kind of story are we gonna get in only 12 episodes?
For now this is the second intriguing show i have found after the Titan thing that has all drooling.

So the option right now are: 1) he traveled back in time.
2)He went to an alternative universe
3) His civilization thought earth abandon and dead long time ago and earth recuperated without them knowing and so survivors built humanity again.
May 2, 2013 7:02 AM

Apr 2012
Amazing GRaphics. The idead of having your AI translate is cool not like others where they seem to suddenly know how to talk unknown language.
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?
May 6, 2013 2:58 AM

Oct 2011
Great first episode! Love the concept of earth being the "lost planet". Should be very interesting, but I hope the plot doesn't suffer because of the small number of episodes.
May 11, 2013 5:07 AM

Jan 2013
Lol am I the only one who got a Yoko Littner vibe from that lady? I guess cause of her red hair? Heh

Anyway not bad for a first episode, I kind of knew/felt that we were in the past when they couldn't open or figure out the mecha.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

May 15, 2013 3:53 AM

Jan 2010
Itoukaiji said:
So yeeeah, the first half of the episode was bright lights and fighting space vaginas with future technobable. That part of the episode was horrible. We get no sense of the stakes and well mean space vaginas don't make the most compelling enemies when you don't really know what the hell is going on.

Second half of the episode was better. The animation was nice without causing seizures. It seemed like fun and it's interesting they're actually on planet earth. Hopefully the series will stay more like this or if it's going back to space battles it'll actually bother to explain things.

Overall, a shaky first episode but it seems like it could be really interesting and good futuristic sci-fi anime is hard to come by so we'll see.

My feelings as well.

While apparently lots of people died in space, none of them were characters. Even Ledo has forgotten about them all, although that could be part of his sleep maintenance. The combinations of flowers and sea creatures seemed incoherent. Didn't really feel any dread or horror when the last alien jumped him. The first half was really forgettable although the critter artwork looked good. I suppose it had to be done but I'm glad it's over.

Second half wasn't much to write home about either. Not sure what reactions Ledo should have had but I found the ones he had to be peculiar. Taking a hostage, running around, dropping her on the deck, not reacting to being attacked by the critter…doesn't make sense to me. After running away with a hostage from a guy with a pipe wrench, he suddenly decides to stare down the lot of them when they're pointing automatic rifles at him.

I'm hoping that they decided, with only a single cour to work with, that they needed to get the preliminary set-up out of the way in a hurry and did so aggressively.
May 19, 2013 7:11 PM

Sep 2011
Wow... Not bad. Seems like to me that civilization has developed to a point where people can't even think of a place we live in, and that Earth, the planet of human origin, was forgotten.

This is damn interesting start alright, I like the character designs, it has good animation quality also, will have to see what happens next.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jun 30, 2013

499 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Jun 23, 2013

340 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2013

261 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2013

344 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2013

667 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.